columbia-engineering-boot-camps-logo

Columbia Engineering Boot Camps

New York City, New York City, New York City, Paris

Columbia Engineering Boot Camps

Columbia Engineering Boot Camps offer 12-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time courses in web development, and 24-week, part-time data analytics, cybersecurity, and financial technology (FinTech) courses in New York City. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Java, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. The data analytics curriculum includes a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, API Interactions, SQL, Tableau, Fundamental Statistics, Machine Learning, R, Git/GitHub, and more. The cybersecurity course provides hands-on training in IT networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. The FinTech boot camp features a project-based curriculum that gives learners experience with a host of tools and methods such as Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Learners will enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all participants will complete a pre-course tutorial. Columbia Engineering Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Learners will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through course completion and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Upon successful completion, learners will receive an Award of Completion from Columbia Engineering and will have a portfolio of projects or a variety of training applicable to professional certifications to demonstrate their mastery of the topics covered throughout their boot camp.

Columbia Engineering Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent Columbia Engineering Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (15) reviews for Columbia Engineering Boot Camps →

Recent Columbia Engineering Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationNew York City
      At the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, learners get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time course that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationNew York City
      This course is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Learners will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all learners will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, learners will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Brooklyn)

LocationNew York City
      This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Learners will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all learners will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, learners will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

HTML, Digital Marketing, JavaScript, CSS, Wordpress, SEO
      LocationNew York City
      Columbia Engineering Digital Marketing Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Customer Relationship Management software (CRMs), MailChimp, HTML/CSS, and more.
      Payment plans available
    • Financial Technology - Part-Time

Python, Excel, Machine Learning, Algorithms, Blockchain
      LocationNew York City
      Get hands-on training and instruction in Financial Technology and Analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Maintain your work or college schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, only two days a week, with convenient evening and weekend hours. Learners have access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
    • Full-Stack Flex - Full-Time

LocationNew York City
      Columbia Engineering Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, part-time web development boot camp in New York City or Brooklyn. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Java, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Learners will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, one-on-one career coaching, and recruiting advice. Successful certificate recipients will receive an Award of Completion from Columbia Engineering and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating their newfound skills.
      Payment plans available
    • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time

LocationNew York City
      Columbia Engineering Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Learners have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Learners receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position learners for success in the field.
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time (Brooklyn)

LocationNew York City
      Columbia Engineering Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Learners have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Learners receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position participants for success in the field.

2 Scholarships

• $500 Columbia Engineering Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Columbia Engineering Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (New York City)
    • $500 Columbia Engineering Boot Camps Scholarship

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time (New York City)

• Data Analytics
      - 9/27/2019
      Ann  User Photo
      Ann • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I enjoy creative problem solving and am fascinated by figuring out how things work.  I enjoy puzzles and building solutions, and I was eager to learn a technical skill that would make me more marketable while looking for jobs.  My goal was to set myself up on a career path that had me thinking creatively and solving problems while earning a competitive salary with great benefits.  Based on the very little that I knew about Data Analytics, I did some light Googling and stumbled upon Columbia's Data Analytics Boot Camp.  I had never coded a day in my life.  I had some experience working in Microsoft Excel, but that's it.  I got my questions answered by the admissions folks at Triology and passed the intial test to qualify for the program.  I was nervous and excited to begin this program.

The first few weeks were a huge learning curve for me.  I do not have a math and science background, and we hit the ground running with coding.  I spent lots of time outside of class researching concepts on my own and watching online tutorials while taking lots of notes.  I can confidently say that I have never studied this hard or diligently in my life, but it has really paid off.  Over time, the concepts started to click and with every passing class I feel more and more confident in my abilities as a Data Analyst.

My favorite parts of this program have been my kind, patient, amazing instructor; building relationships with my classmates and working with them on homework outside of class; and taking advantage of the weekly 1:1 tutoring sessions with my outstanding tutor.

My main peice of advice to you is this: you aren't good at something until you learn how to do it.  No one is born with an innate ability to code.  You learn how to code.  If you have a creative and analytic mind, this program can be an amazing way to implement those approaches with a technical skill set.  It has been very humbling to learn something new, something that seemed so foreign and impossible to understand.  But it's not impossible.  It just takes a lot of work.  I've had to make sacrifices in order to dedicate as much time and energy as I can into this program, but I know that there will be opportunities for me once it's under my belt.  Anyone can learn how to do this, it just takes time.  Like I said, I was nervous, but after jumping in and dealing with the struggle and the challenge of wrapping my brain around this fast paced program, I feel proud of myself at how far I've come in such a short amount of time.

Friday, Sep 27 2019
      Fantastic, Ann! We're thrilled that you've been enjoying your boot camp experience so far. Like you mentioned, the course is rigorous and requires a significant time commitment in and outside of the classroom to be successful, so we commend you for taking the initiative and putting in the work. We're especially glad that you've felt empowered not only by your fellow classmates but your instructors, tutors, and course assistants as well. Thank you for leaving your review and providing such great advice for future participants. We're cheering you on as you continue toward completing the boot camp!
    • Filbert Shi  User Photo
      Filbert Shi • Student Verified via GitHub

I had Michael and Jamal as my instructors! They are an awesome pair because they synergize off each other's strengths. Michael strength is his ability to spark interest ontop of laying the foundational scaffolding of knowledge; while, Jamals is his ability to dive deep to build upon that foundation with best practices to create more efficient and less buggy code. On top of that, there would be many moments of quality comedic timing that really brought us as a class together.

We have dedicated TA's like Casey, Yohann, Pete. Who would be in Mudd sometimes 2-3 hours before actual class time. Socializing with students and making sure that we got the help we needed.

Early on in the Bootcamp, I remember having a memorable experience with TA's Michelle, Ben, and Mike who were with us in the glass study area of campus-level Mudd. I was trying to get this animation library working with my first deployment on GitHub pages. I was probably looking frustrated and Michelle came over and made sure I got help. This was at a time without class or office hours.

Another time early on, I remember Jamal sat me down individually during after-hours just explaining from a question I had. He even missed an earlier train home for me.

Recently during final project-week, EVERYONE stayed in class extra just so we can hit higher goals. It's time like these where you realize the instructional staff really are here to help us succeed in any way they can.

On another note, I think Columbia attracts a really unique and rich student body. We had game designers who wanted to learn to code in our class. We had business owners. We had older 30's something finance people who realized they were teaching foreign developers how to automate their jobs and will be replaced soon if they don't adapt. And of course, we had young people like me who are in their early twenties trying to make something of their life.

I had some gripes with the curriculum in terms of time spent on things that weren't that important. I talked to Michael and Jamal about it and they said they know and were trying to make changes with the higher-ups.

Overall a great experience! A tough experience. A real challenge. If you're doing this you really will need to spend 12-14 hours each week at Columbia AND as much as you can get outside of class to review and build knowledge (10-20 hours+ minimum depending on the person). A ton of perseverance is needed, seriously!!

-Filbert Shi (Finished June 2019)

Monday, Jul 01 2019
      Way to go, Filbert! We're happy to hear you felt fully supported by our entire team — we also think Michael, Jamal, Casey, Yohann, Pete, Michelle, Ben, and Mike are all pretty fantastic. We're truly passionate about helping learners every step of the way, so we're thrilled this resonated with you. Like you mentioned, prospective individuals should dedicate an extensive amount of time to mastering the material both during and outside of the classroom, so we commend all your hard work. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
    • Adora Okogeri  User Photo
      Adora Okogeri Verified via GitHub

If you can dream it, you can achieve it. This is what I had in mind before  I started the Full Stack Web Development program. This helped me to perserve against all odds.

From the time for registeration, I knew this was the program I wanted to attend. The customer service was excellent.  I was thrilled to find out that the program could be run part time, this  flexibilty is a big plus for the program. Also the tuition was one of the most affordable bootcamp in the city. The fact that the tuition could be paid installmentally made the program attractive.

Attending  class the first day,  and the Course Curriculum shared,  simply confirmed to me that I was in the right program.

The instructors and the teaching assistants were passionate about  their coding  job, and were always happy to help. The SSM made sure students were getting  every the help they needed to succeed. The 50 minutes weekely tutorial service is a great initiative.

I started the program with no  knowledge of coding, but I completed the program well equipped with so much information to continue in this distinguished journey.

Thank you Columbia Engineering BootCamp giving the tools I needed to succeed in this field.

Tuesday, Apr 02 2019
      We appreciate you sharing your experience, Adora! We're happy to hear you benefited from our flexible part-time schedule and enjoyed our course curriculum. Our entire team is passionate about helping learners succeed, so we're thrilled this truly resonated with you. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp! We're rooting you on in all your coding endeavors.
    • Kanzbra Rashid  User Photo
      Kanzbra Rashid • Development Associate • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

This program was great as I learned so much in a short amount of time.

The instructers and TAs were amazing as they took the time out to help and really go over material. They looked out for everyone and made sure everyone was getting the help they needed! The material was current and assignments were challenging, which helped me learn and solve logical componenets, making me a better coder. I reccomend this boot camp to anyone who is interested in understanding web development!

Friday, Feb 22 2019
      Way to go, Kanzbra! We're thrilled you found our entire instructional team to be supportive and enjoyed the curriculum. Congratulations on completing the course, we truly appreciate your review! We wish you great success going forward.
    • First cohort FS
      - 2/22/2019
      Terry  User Photo
      Terry Verified via LinkedIn

I am part of the first cohort and my experience with the program is overwhelmingly positive. All the staffs are amazing and they tried their best to help me understanding CS even though at times I was just nip-picking on the tiniest details. There are a few things I did not like about the curriculum, like how fast we had to speed through certain topics and how on our second project we were expected to create something to present with the amalgation of knowledge up to that point while still learing new things during class (when we were suppose to be working on the project) and having half the time of our first, argubly easier, project. At the end of the day, I put in about 3 hours daily and sometimes as much as 8 hours trying to learn all I can in CS. The program is amazing but it is not the end point of someone who is trying to start a career in the tech industry, you have to continue to learn on your own even though you might not be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Friday, Feb 22 2019
      Thank you for your review, Terry! We're thrilled you're having a positive program experience and are benefiting from the support of our team. You are absolutely right that this program is fast paced. Because we cover a wide array of topics in a short amount of time, our curriculum focuses on teaching participants how to learn, providing a high-level, hands-on understanding, with the goal of individuals expanding their knowledge of these complex concepts outside of class. We're always working to optimize our course material, so we appreciate your feedback. We commend all your hours of hard work thus far and wish you continued success!
    • Great Program
      - 7/9/2019
      Almoutasem Alakkad • Student

Before signing up for the course, I have visited many boot camps and workshops in the NYC Greater Area. By far, this was the best one. To start with, many people who are interested in learning any Computer Science don't even know where to start and what they want to do (Front-end, Back-end, Data-Analysis, Data-Science, etc.). This program exposes you to all these paths; you'll be learning everything from VBA Scripting to Data Bases to Machine Learning. The instructors and TAs are also great and helpful.

Also, it's a part-time program that lasts for six months (most of the Bootcamps are intensive 3-month programs) that are 9-6. With this Bootcamp, you don't have to sacrifice your job

However, I would highly encourage all future students to be prepared to invest many hours for them to succeed. This course covers almost, and you do need to invest much time on your own to learn more about each topic.

Lastly, they offer job assistance and they dedicate a careet coach that works with each student separtely and guide you through the process of finding a job in the field.

Wednesday, Jul 10 2019
      Thanks for sharing your experience, Almoutasem! We're thrilled that you're taking full advantage of the resources available to you during your boot camp journey. Like you mentioned, this course is designed for learners with busy schedules, with a fair amount of commitment outside the classroom. We agree that the field of computer science is an exciting, albeit complex one, and we commend you for choosing a path that fits your goals. We're rooting for you as you continue towards finishing out the course!
    • Vinci Bhardwaj • Student

I had a great seven-month web development coding experience, before starting the program I had basic knowledge of designing the front-end. Now after completing the program, I gained new skills and knowledge in developing the back-end of a site. I had an awesome instructor who came in the second half of the program and taught us a lot which made me engage in learning more in class than before. By the end of the program, I was able to develop a site for tourists who visit New York City using react, mongoose, MongoDB, Ajax, Node.js, along with the essential programming languages. When It came time to present, I received mostly positive reaction from the class, the instructor and even to the visitors on demo day. After completing the program, receiving my certificate and presenting I feel ready and confident to start working as a developer and take on more challenging projects.

Thank you to the entire Columbia Bootcamp community.

Thursday, Apr 04 2019
      Thanks so much, Vinci! We're thrilled you were able to further develop your web development skills and enjoyed our instructional team. Congratulations on finishing the boot camp, we appreciate your review! We wish you continued success on your new career path.
    • William hawkins

I learned more in 8 months working with the men and woman at this bootcamp then I have doing anything else.

Friday, Feb 22 2019
      Thanks, William! We're glad you learned so much and enjoyed the program. Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
    • Great Program!
      - 2/22/2019
      Dale

Excellent instruction and wonderful networking opportunity. It was so great to work with such a variety of people from diverse backgrounds. The coursework got right to the essentials, but challenged us to grow and develop our skills. I recommend it to anyone interested to learn coding and/or seeking work in the field.

Friday, Feb 22 2019
      Amazing, Dale! We're glad to hear our curriculum was challenging and helped you develop your web development skills. Thank you for your review and for recommending our program! We wish you great success in all that you do.
    • Julia • COO, Def Method • Graduate

I found this course to be incredibly well run. It was great having the opportunity to connect with the teachers and students in person and the staff was well informed about the material we were learning. I highly recommend taking this bootcamp.

Friday, Feb 22 2019
      Thank you for recommending our boot camp, Julia! We're glad to hear you found our course to be well-run and were able to network with others. Congratulations on graduating, all the best in your future aspirations!
    • Gustavo • Graduate

I started this Boot Camp with no experience of HTML, CSS or any other coding language. From the beginning the instructors were helpful in making sure you were up to speed with the class and the material being teached. They all dominated the material courses really well and made sure you'd understand the process to figure out the best solutions and which direction to take to make sure your code works. And if it didn't, they also take time to explain to you where you got it wrong.

The curriculum is very well designed, the pace I consider it to be fast, however, given that every subject is build upon the previews one, its great to see how each coding language informs the next one, and it also helps you figure out what makes an actual website or application work, and all the elements that are involved.

By the end of it, the amount of information, resources and skills that we learned, were really impressive, and given all the course material and the help by the instructors, I feel that I learned somethng that would've take me a lot more time to understand in just 6 months. The span of the course subjects really reflects that.

Its great coding bootcamp and I'm glad I took the chance to learn coding here.

Friday, Feb 22 2019
      We appreciate your review, Gustavo! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and that you found our instructional team to be supportive. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you in all your future endeavors!
    • Must do!
      - 10/8/2018
      Justin Quinonez • Student

This course has been a total eye opener for me!

I have learned more here than I ever could have learned on my own. The way that the instructors care about your education is phenomenal. They take the time to make sure to answer any uncertainties that you may have and do not hesitate to reach out and make sure that you are comfortable with the material.  It is a boot camp, so be ready to take on new information and projects with an allotted amount of time. The experience has been one that I am happy to be a part of and completely recommend the program for anyone who is interested in embarking on a new journey into Web Development.

Tuesday, Oct 09 2018
      Amazing, Justin! Thank you so much for recommending our program. We are thrilled you have learned so much during your time with us and have truly benefited from the guidance and support of our entire instructional team. We are looking forward to your graduation in a few weeks and wish you continued success in all your upcoming projects and career goals!

This bootcsmp is truly amazing and unique as the curriculum is designed to accomodate both beginners and more experienced individuals. Our cohort was fortunate to work with highly skilled instructors who collaborated with talented TAs and provide all the necessary support for all students, at all levels, at all times. Like any other bootcamp, the end result will solely depend on you and how much effort/time you devote throughout the learning journey. This expectation is clearly set at the beginning and if you are able to devote your time, you'll learn A LOT. I had worked in tech for 8 years before joining this program and I was already familiar with some coding languages. My goal was to learn, get better, and get familiar with some of the widely used technologies out there. I definitely accomplished this goal with this bootcamp and right upon graduation, I accepted an offer for a new job that required practical knowledge in the specific technologies that were taught at this bootcamp. Lastly, this program is managed and run by Trilogy, who runs the same program across many other universities, and you get a certificate from Columbia Engineering.

Response From: Alexandra Noriega of Columbia Engineering Boot Camps
      Friday, Apr 26 2019
      Amazing, thank you for your review! We're thrilled you enjoyed the curriculum and felt supported by our entire boot camp team. Great advice for prospective learners—devoting extensive time and effort to the material will help you succeed. Congratulations on completing the program and landing an exciting new role! We wish you all the best moving forward.

I learned a ton in this program, and am looking forward to seeing how I can apply what I've learned in my future career.

Friday, Feb 22 2019
      Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We're happy you found our program to be a rewarding experience. We're confident you will go on to do incredible things with your new knowledge.

Columbia offers a great program for anyone who is willing to put in the time and more importantly, the effort!  I fully recommend it if you want to have all sorts of resources and support throughout your journey to become a full-stack web developer!

Friday, Feb 22 2019
      Thank you for recommending our program! We're glad you benefited from the boot camp's resources and support. Congratulations on completing the course, we wish you all the best moving forward.