By Imogen Crispe
Last Updated March 1, 2017
Here’s what we found ourselves reading and discussing in the Course Report office in February 2017! We found out the three most in-demand programming languages, we read about how coding could be the new blue collar job, and looked at how new schools are tweaking the bootcamp model to fit their communities. Plus, we hear about a cool app for NBA fans built by coding bootcamp graduates! Read below or listen to our latest Coding Bootcamp News Roundup Podcast.
- Miami Herald reported on Wyncode coding bootcamp raising $1 million of funding, and the opening of their new campus, Wynbase.
- Coding has been dubbed “The Next Big Blue Collar Job” by Wired magazine, because of the need for a variety of different skill levels, similarly to older industries like coal mining.
- The Wall Street Journal looked at how coding bootcamps can retrain workers in Middle America for the 21st century, and gives examples of successful graduates from Software Guild and WeCanCode IT - both coding bootcamps in Ohio.
Life At Bootcamp
- DevMountain founder Cahlan Sharp wrote a guest post for Developer Tech looking at what life is like at a coding bootcamp and covers topics such as financing, experience requirements, quality of different bootcamps, and how to research them.
- A reporter for Austin Inno, published a roundup of all the coding bootcamps in Austin, including Galvanize, General Assembly, Dev Bootcamp, and Hack Reactor.
- Dev Bootcamp founder Shereef Bishay talks about why he sold the company, and his new coding education venture Learners Guild, which is 10 months with deferred tuition.
- EdSurge interviewed 42’s US COO Brittany Bir for their On Air podcast. Brittany explains how 42 students are teaching each other and working through projects, and about plans to increase enrollment with space for up to 1024 students at the Bay Area campus.
Life & Career After Bootcamp
Bootcamps Around the World
Colleges + Coding Bootcamps
New Bootcamps/Bootcamp Updates
Favorite Pieces on the Blog
- Jessie, Natalie, and Jenna showed me a Virtual Reality hand rehabilitation app they built for their Dev Bootcamp final project! Check out the video of their project demo.