university-of-denver-boot-camps-logo

University of Denver Boot Camps

Denver, Denver

University of Denver Boot Camps

University of Denver Boot Camps are 12-week, full-time, or 24-week, part-time web development and 24-week UX/UI, data analytics and cybersecurity courses offered in Denver, Colorado, and online. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, PHP, Laravel, Express.js, React.js, Database Theory, Bookshelf.js, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing using Photoshop and Illustrator, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web design with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more. The data analytics curriculum covers a broad array of technologies like Programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript (D3.js, Leaflet.js), HTML/CSS, API Interactions, Social Media Mining, MySQL, Tableau, Fundamental Statistics, Machine Learning, and more. The cybersecurity program provides hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. Both the online and in-person boot camp curricula are designed with the most in-demand market needs in mind. Students will enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. University of Denver Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and individuals who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, one-on-one career coaching, and recruiting advice. Successful students will receive a Certificate of Completion from the University of Denver’s University College and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, UX/UI, data analytics, or cybersecurity.

University of Denver Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent University of Denver Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (25) reviews for University of Denver Boot Camps →

Recent University of Denver Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

Denver
    At the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

Denver
    This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Full-Stack Flex - Full-Time

Denver
    University of Denver Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
  • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time

Denver
    University of Denver Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
    Payment Plans Available
  • Full-Stack Web Development (Online) Part-Time

Denver
    Learn to code wherever you are. The full-stack, online curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Through hands-on projects and training, students will complete the coding program in 24 weeks via live, instructor-led lessons. Individuals receive support from a variety of channels, so students are never alone throughout their online coding boot camp journey. University of Denver online coding boot camp gives you the opportunity to “think like a developer.” In addition to learning many of the most in-demand languages and creating your own personal portfolio, you will also partake in an 8-week Agile Team Project that mimics a real-world environment. Students are assigned a piece of the full project (division of tasks into short phases of work and frequent reassessment of adaptation of plans) and then finalize the project together with the assistance of an industry leader who has on average 5-7 years of experience as a software engineer. At the end of this online coding program, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from University of Denver’s University College, helping you stand out to employers.
  • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time

HTML, Git, JavaScript, User Experience Design, CSS
    Denver
    Get hands-on training and instruction in high-demand UX/UI Design methodology which includes software skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, XD), Sketch App, InVision, Keynote as well as front-end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, JavaScript, Bootstrap, Git/GitHub and more. Maintain your work or college schedule by studying part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend hours. Apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.

2 Scholarships

• $500 University of Denver Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive University of Denver Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Denver)
  • $500 University of Denver Boot Camps Scholarship

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time (Denver)

• Ryan Schraeder  User Photo
    Ryan Schraeder • Support Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Prior to entering this course, I had decent experience in a technical environment collaborating with Data Analytics and Science teams. However, I didn't have many opportunities in the field to learn the craft of programming, data analysis, and data science. So, I sought after a program that could provide the hands-on experience to jumpstart my career.

I had been inspired to dive into self-taught work and various MOOCs (Codecademy, Coursera) to learn independently, though nothing encapsulated the day-to-day experience and career perspective quite like the University of Denver Data Science and Analytics Bootcamp.

If you are looking to jump into the zone, work your hardest, and earn yourself the skills to head steadfast into your dream job, this is the best opportunity.

I had the pleasure of working with talented cohorts with diverse backgrounds, receive quality assistance at my highs and lows, train with a brilliant tutor along the way, receive exceptional career service throughout and even after this program, and showcase projects I never thought I'd be able to accomplish.

I'm grateful for this program, but be prepared to work in and outside of the course diligently!

Thursday, Aug 15 2019
    Way to go, Ryan! We're happy to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of data analytics and benefited from the support of our entire team. Great advice for prospective students—if you're ready to work hard and utilize all the program's resources you will succeed. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Shirley Quintana  User Photo
    Shirley Quintana • Manager, Internal Audit - Systems & Technology • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Very challenging and rewarding course. I had no experience with coding, databases, web development, or machine learning. My personal goals were to learn more in these areas and I definitely did. The teacher, staff, and tutors were excellent. Course is very fast paced, students need to be able to put in the 20+ hours outside of class. Very happy I finished the course and look forward to using my new skills in the future!  I do wish we spent significantly more time in python, sql, and tableau, but that is a personal preference.

Friday, Aug 09 2019
    Thank you for your review, Shirley! It's great to hear that you feel empowered by your new skillset, and we commend you for your commitment to the course and diving into a challenging curriculum. Like you mentioned, the class requires quite a bit of work outside of class, so we appreciate your advice for prospective students. Congratulations on completing the program, we wish you all the best!
  • Grace Gude  User Photo
    Grace Gude • Back End Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Taking The University of Denver Boot Camps Full Stack Web Development Course was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The curriculum was challenging but the support from the teaching staff was wonderful. I am especially thankful to have had Sarah Cullen as an instructor, she is an incredible teacher and mentor. The Teaching Assistants are great too and the access to weekly sessions with a tutor is extremely helpful. I took it into my own hands to prepare my portfolio and apply for jobs, but I was hired at an amazing company with awesome benefits within 2 months of graduating. I also made friends who I hope to continue coding with for many years to come. If you are looking to get started in the programming field I would highly recommend this course!

Friday, Jun 28 2019
    Amazing, Grace! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience and enjoyed the curriculum—we also agree that Sarah is pretty great. Congratulations on successfully graduating and landing an exciting new role! We wish you all the best on your new career path.
  • Ashley Hurlburt  User Photo
    Ashley Hurlburt • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I enrolled at DU's Bootcamp and began my program in September 2018. I was nervous about the courseload, and nervous about being 'smart enough' to learn how to code. I've been a massage therapist since 2003, a musician/vocalist/songwriter my entire adult life, I'd received my A.A.S in English in 2011 (at age 28), and had been working for three years as an educational administrator for a national association. Although my position had given my brain some exercise, and I realized I enjoyed problem solving and logic, I had never done anything like coding.

I graduated high school with, roughly, an eigth grade math level. I bounced around a lot to different high schools, and, quite honestly, didn't make it to class many days my junior and senior year, so I missed out on a lot. I took a non-credit bearing math course before I could even take a college math course when I obtained my A.A.S. And although I was in AP Lit classes in high school, and took honors courses in my community college- there was always that dark, shadowy place where 'math' sat in my mind. I've always loved science and theoretical physics, but any time I looked at BS degrees, I closed the tab after reading the math requirements. I had convinced myself that my brain just 'didn't work that way' for a long time. So part of me wondered if I had what it would take to become a proficient developer. The only html experience I'd had until that point was making my mySpace profile look super sweet all those years ago!

I'm also a single mom- when I started the program my daughter was 13 and my son was 4. I work full time and I'm a homeowner. I don't have family that lives in Colorado either- my folks live back home in upstate NY. I had a lot on my plate!  As expected, the first few weeks of school were rough with getting into the groove of going to class after work, and not seeing my children as much. I dealt with a lot of mom-guilt, but would remind myself that this was temporary, and that I was doing this to better our lives, and it would be worth it.

In the first couple of months, there were days that I felt like I didn't understand anything at all, and it made me question my choices, but I knew I wasn't alone and that it was normal for my brain to be overwhelmed. I made the decision to utilize a weekly tutor- which DU provides as part of your tuition. I found a pattern that every couple of weeks I'd have a 'brain-melting' class, and I would go home that night and not code at all. I'd just sleep. The next day, while working on our homework for that week, suddenly things would start clicking, and that trend continued throughout the course. I started actually looking forward to those classes because I knew that my mind was getting stronger. It's like a muscle with a new, hardcore workout..first your body feels like jello, but you rest, eat right, and keep going- and you start noticing tone and definition, and you're not as sore, and you get stronger. My excitement for having the tools to build some awesome applications soon overrode my anxiety and fears, and I became more confident that I could do all of these things. After each successful project, I gained more confidence in my abilities-which definitely seeped into other parts of my life. You don't need to be good at traditional math to be able to code. You need to be a problem solver. You need to enjoy logic. You need to enjoy finding efficient ways of doing things. Most of all, you need to be tenacious and determined. Not one to give up easily and throw in the towel. I think a lot of moms already have a lot of experience in those areas!  Time flew by, and as we approached our capstone project, I started realizing that I wanted to do it alone. Not because I thought I could easily manage an entire full-stack project by myself, but because the thought of doing it alone seemed outrageous to me. Could I actually do it by myself? Something that I'd had 2-3 classmates helping me with this entire time? 98% of me thought that was impossible with a 3.5 week deadline. But that 2% of me that had watched me raise two children while spending 30+ hrs per week between school and homework, that part of me that looked forward to the 'brain-melting' days, that part of me that was convinced I could do it with the support of my incredible instructor, well...that part had gotten pretty loud.  Three and a half weeks later, I stood at the podium in the hall in DU- in front of two classes of students and staff, and I presented a deployed, interactive stage/band scheduling application (complete with user authentication/password encryption, all built using React.js with Node.js and an express server), I'd singlehandedly built for a festival in MN I'd been attending since 2006. The best part is that at least one of the festival promoters is going to promote my application, and more are coming on board as we speak, so my app is actually going to be used by potentially thousands of people at the end of August! I can't tell you it was easy...it was not. None of it was easy. But the feeling of being able to build applications, knowing how versatile this work can be, knowing that I'm actually kind of good at it (and getting better), and watching it come to fruition, while knowing that I made that happen? It was so worth it.

I'll be working on it until my August 1st deadline, but you can check it out it here: https://intense-scrubland-36992.herokuapp.com/ I start my new position as a web developer at my current company within the next couple of weeks. Today (the day after my final presentation) my teen daughter casually said, "So, if people ask me what you do, you're a web developer now?" and my son blurted out, "No, she's a super hero! Right, Mom?" and honestly, I kinda feel like they're both right.  So if you're on the fence, especially as a Mom, and think you can't do this program because you have a lot going on...if I can do it, so can you.

The tech world needs more female super heroes.

Tuesday, Apr 09 2019
    Way to go, Ashley! Thank you for choosing our program to make such a significant career change. We're thrilled to hear you took advantage of all the boot camp's available resources and gained confidence in your web development skills. You've given great advice for aspiring women in tech and all prospective students—the program is rigorous, but if you're tenacious and keep reminding yourself of why you started on this journey, you can push through and come out stronger on the other side! We're incredibly proud of all the hard work and commitment you dedicated, especially as you balanced a full-time schedule at work and at home. Congratulations on successfully completing the course and embarking on a new role! We wish you continued success in all that you do.
  • Reality Check
    - 3/5/2019
    Chris Read  User Photo
    Chris Read • Graduate Verified via GitHub

At the risk of shooting myself in the foot…I’d like to present a reality check of the DU Data Analytics bootcamp based on my experience last year and hopefully help someone who’s considering whether or not to drop 10 grand on the dream.

First of all, class lectures were pretty frustrating and more demoralizing than encouraging. Secondly, the support system isn’t really geared for those who are struggling.

Pros

Intelligent quirky instructor who has real-world experience

Tutors can help flesh out the lectures and allow you to complete the homework

Career counseling provided some feedback that was insightful

Cons

Instructor teaches at a high level that is often unrelatable or not simply explained.

Student Success Manager is virtually absent and too busy to respond to inquiries (although I suspect this review might get his attention)

Weekly survey feedback is never addressed.

Career advisors don’t have any particular industry contacts to share. Their advice is generic and widely searchable.

Conclusions:

I learned a lot and racked my brain to extremes. If I had to do it over again though...I would make the following adjustments:

Look at educational organizations that guarantee money-back job placement. Thinkful is one such organization in Denver.

Explore free online resources. There are many great educators that record videos on specific programs. I learned the most this way actually and have been tempted to design a free curriculum for prospective learners.

Look for instructors who have a balance of field and teaching experience.

Despite all the rave reviews on this site, I’m not the only one from my class who had a similar experience as described. Very often after class I would commiserate with others who were equally frustrated.

I’d like DU’s program to succeed and to get that dream data job that I sacrificed so much for (a career change). But the reality is it’s been four months since I graduated and I’m still applying without much success. I’d rather be telling you a different story and I hope that will change in the months to come, but for now this is the stark truth.

I hope this feedback helps prospective students decide what to do based on a more rounded picture.

Tuesday, Mar 12 2019
    Thank you for sharing your feedback, Chris. We're happy to hear you found our instructional team to be knowledgeable and benefited from the insight of our career services team.  From your review, we understand that you were frustrated by the high-level nature of the class lectures. As the technical job market continuously changes, our program is designed to help individuals graduate with the necessary skills to quickly learn new frameworks and languages on their own. As such, our instructors cover multiple topics in a limited amount of time. We do our best to communicate to students that topics are introduced at a high-level in-class, after which individuals are expected to dive in, and not only gain a deeper understanding of the concepts but also practice their skills outside of the classroom. Each lesson builds on the last and we find that as the curriculum progresses, most participants feel increasingly confident in the knowledge they've gained. This methodology helps individuals learn how to problem-solve and self-teach — crucial abilities needed in any data role. Due to the fast pace of the course, as well as the challenging topics covered, we do offer several means of support including office hours, Slack, and free tutoring sessions. Were you able to take advantage of these? Our entire boot camp team is passionate about making sure students are supported, so we regret that you felt your Student Success Manager was not responsive. While we support many students throughout the program, we do our best to ensure that all inquiries are addressed and students' needs are met. Like you mentioned, we do require participants to submit weekly feedback on instructor clarity, engagement, and knowledgeability. The student experience is our number one priority and our teams meet every week to monitor and optimize classroom performance. We truly appreciate your input, as we're constantly working on improving our support to ensure individuals have the best learning experience possible. While we work hard to prepare students to step out into the job market, we do not secure direct employment. We help individuals become employer competitive through a variety of resources and tools, including technical interview training, portfolio reviews, resume/social media profile support, online Tech Talk panels, and one-on-one coaching with their Career Director. It's our goal for all students to complete the program feeling equipped with the knowledge and resources they need to find the right tech role. If you would like, please reach out to us at (303) 747-4493 to further discuss any other ways we can assist you at this time.
  • Michael Watson  User Photo
    Michael Watson • Student Verified via GitHub

I decided to attend the Web Developer Bootcamp at University of Denver based on the reviews of this site. That has turned out to be one of the best education decisions I have made to date.

I was previously in the medical field, but realized that it was not for me. I knew I needed to do something else, so I started to look into web development. I learned a lot of HTML and CSS on my own, but realized that I needed some guidance and help with Javascript and other technologies. I applied to the part-time DU bootcamp, got in, and started in July 2018.

It is now October 2018, I'm halfway through the course, and I couldn't have better things to say about the faculty and staff as well as my peers. Everyone has been extremely helpful in my learning experience.

What I have learned so far: HTML, CSS, Javascript, jQuery, Node.js, SQL, beginning Express.js now.

In regard to the part-time curriculum, I have found it to be extremely helpful for my own development. It seems that as opposed to the full-time course, I have more time to soak in the information and understand it with each homework assignment. I realize not everyone can do the part-time course due to the time commitment of 6 months, but I would say it is definitely worth it.

My teacher and the TA's have all been super helpful when I have questions. I feel comfortable asking them questions during and outside of class. They are present in office hours before and after each class and will respond often via slack even during the week.

Tutoring sessions are also very helpful. During a Node.js assignment that would've taken me twice as long to finish on my own, my tutor walked me through the process and helped me understand it and just about finish the assignment within 1 hour.

I also chose this program because it is hosted by an institute of higher learning. I feel that the expectations are just as demanding, and the quality of learning and support are just as good as a full-time student at DU. Classes start on time and are packed with learning. These aspects make me feel confident in the quality of education I have paid for with this course.

I rated curriculum and job assistance 4 stars because I have not finished the program yet and also do not have a job in web development. I am confident though that DU faculty will do whatever they can to help me out! The job assistance that extends beyond the curriculum gives me confidence that they won't leave me hanging.

Overall, I would highly recommend this bootcamp! Great faculty, great staff, great peers - 10/10 in my book.

Tuesday, Oct 09 2018
    Amazing, Michael! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're glad to hear our entire instructional team has been helpful throughout your current learning experience and that you have truly benefited from the part-time curriculum. We commend all the hard work you have dedicated thus far and are rooting you on as you continue forward in the second half of the boot camp!
  • Opening Doors.
    - 6/27/2018
    Dustin Siegel  User Photo
    Dustin Siegel • Web Developer - adilas.biz • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

This course opened doors for me. Even though it was overwhelming at times and I often struggled to stay ahead, I still managed to learn and retain huge amounts of information that have led me to an entirly new career. One that is rewarding every day by being both interesting and challengeing as well as keeping me monetarially secure. Denver University designed a course that was very hard, but also fair, and that thourougly covered the topics essential for real world application. I was quite nervous on the first day of my new career as a web developer but it immediately became clear that I had the skills needed to get the job done thanks to the amazing teachers, administrators, TA's and other staff at Denver University.

Wednesday, Jun 27 2018
    Congratulations on graduating, Dustin! This course is difficult and requires a tremendous amount of hard work to master the concepts and topics, so we commend your dedication - it definitely paid off. Congratulations on your exciting new career! We are thrilled our entire team and curriculum were of such value in a real-world professional setting. We appreciate your review and hope you're proud of all you were able to accomplish during and after the program! We wish you great success in your future endeavors.
  • Kate Birmingham  User Photo
    Kate Birmingham • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was very impressed with this program overall, as well as the investment and passion displayed by the instructor and TA's. I attended the full-time bootcamp from January-April. The class is definitely rigorous, but a great foundation to learn and improve on your own in the future. I would recommend this program to anyone interested in a coding bootcamp.

Monday, Jun 11 2018
    Thank you for your review, Kate! Our instructors are passionate about teaching web development, so it's great to hear this truly resonated with you. Like you noted, this program is definitely rigorous but designed to provide a strong foundation that individuals can use to master additional concepts and languages post-graduation. Congratulations on all of your hard work completing the course and best of luck going forward!
  • Jeffrey Phelps  User Photo
    Jeffrey Phelps • Student Verified via GitHub

I couldn't be more satisfied with my decision to invest in a DU coding bootcamp! I did the MERN, full-stack, flex bootcamp on nights and weekends and had a great experience! I had a feeling it would be top-notch, as one would expect from such a prestigious institution, and I was not disappointed in the least. From the staff, to the curriculum, to the class schedule, I'm not sure there could be a better program for the knowledge, or career preparation, should that be your motivation for joining the program. Everyone was truly amazing, knowledgeable, helpful and always available. Which is vital for such a challenging undertaking. If you want to learn how to code, as long as you apply yourself, there's no way to fail with this program.

Tuesday, Jun 05 2018
    Thank you so much for your review, Jeffrey! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed our curriculum, class schedule, and our entire team. We're truly passionate about helping students succeed, so it's great to know we were of such value throughout your journey. Congratulations on completing the program, we applaud you for all of the long hours and commitment you devoted! Best of luck in your future achievements.
  • Audrey  User Photo
    Audrey • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I researched several coding bootcamps before deciding on DU's Full Stack Bootcamp. I had zero coding experience. This course will test you mentally and physically. Be prepared to put in more hours of work than expected. It was definitely the hardest thing I've done academically BUT it was worth it!

The teachers and TA's are amazing. They were available outside of class and I highly recommend going to office hours for one-on-one time. The amount of information being taught is overwhelming but the instructors make sure that the curriculum is relevant and easier to understand. I am lucky to have had the classmates that I did. Everyone was more than happy to help each other out with debugging. As a side note, I am glad they are localizing tutors and career services sometimes it was difficult with timezones to coordinate sessions.

I cannot recommend this course enough.

Wednesday, May 30 2018
    Congratulations on completing the program, Audrey! Like you mentioned, this program does require a heavy time commitment to studying and mastering the wide range of topics. It is difficult, but definitely worth it! We're thrilled you felt supported and encouraged, not only by our instructors and TAs but by your classmates as well. We are constantly refining our services to best position students for success, so we're happy to hear our recent academic and career services changes were of help. Thank you for your review and recommending our boot camp! We applaud you for all of the long hours and commitment you devoted and wish you the best of luck in your future achievements.
  • Elshibani Omar  User Photo
    Elshibani Omar • Student Verified via LinkedIn

University of Denver Coding Bootcamp is one of the best Coding Bootcamp in Denver. I attented the full time training course and It was great experience and very helpful to learn a lot of new things and expand my knowledge about coding and web development. All staff instructor, TAs and student success manager are supportive and knowledgeable. They provide assistance during office hours, every week you have two free hours tutoring through Zoom video call and some other review sessions about different topics. Also, they provide carrer service to help student how to build their online presence such as portofolio, Linkedin, Github, etc. resume, search for the right fit jobs, tech interview sessions, and more. I recommend anyone thinking about attending Coding Bootcamp to go to DU Coding Bootcamp.

Thursday, May 24 2018
    Thank you for your review, Elshibani! We are thrilled you had such a positive boot camp journey, getting hands-on experience with front-end and back-end technologies. It makes us proud to know our instructors, TA's, and Career Services team provided you excellent guidance and support throughout your journey. Great job utilizing tutoring sessions and going to office hours! Congratulations on graduating and thank you for recommending our course! We hope you're proud of all you accomplished and wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.
  • Duran Hill  User Photo
    Duran Hill • Owner Advanced Traffic Services LLC • Graduate Verified via GitHub

As a busy entrepreneur and Owner of Advanced Traffic Services LLC and retired athlete, I was looking for something challenging and BOY was the Univeristy of Denver's Coding 6 month Bootcamp the thing. Starting with little technology experience, I began the program knowing it would be tough. But you know what? the instructors, TA's and tutors were absolutley tremendous!!! I literally was able to build a website pretty much after the first two weeks or so. Because my career path is as far away from coding as you can image, even I was able to follow and absorb the material....although with help with the ta's and tutors. Now, after having gone through the entire program, I have raved to my family and friends. Now my oldest grandson (age 9) wants to take the course- which he will do if still available when he gets of age.

Thursday, May 24 2018
    Way to go, Duran! We’re thrilled to hear that this course was the challenge you were looking for, as it’s our goal to provide a comprehensive learning experience for all of our students. We’re really passionate about helping students throughout every step of the way, so it's great to know our instructors and TAs were so helpful during your boot camp journey. Thank you for sharing your feedback and praising our program. We applaud you for all of the long hours and commitment you put into the course and wish you the best of luck in your future achievements!
  • DU Coding BootCamp
    - 10/10/2017
    David  User Photo
    David • Student Verified via GitHub

Denver Full Stack Bootcamp is a fantastic course for someone who is trying to jump into a new career or boost their current career.  This was a fantastic high-level overview of a massive amount of information.  It really helps students to get exposed to a very wide range of different technologies and frameworks.  It is fantastic for someone who is interested in the development field, but isn't really sure what they would like the most within this field.  The instructors and TA's are fantastic in helping to guide you towards the subjects you enjoy most, yet still teaching you the basics that everyone needs to know.  A coding bootcamp is a very challenging environment where students are not spoon fed knowledge but they are given the tools to seek out the knowledge that is needed to further their career.  This is not an easy path, but with hard work it is a path that WILL pay off.

Monday, Oct 16 2017
    We really appreciate your review, David. We’re thrilled to hear that you had such a positive experience with our program. It makes us proud to know that your instructors and TAs are helping students to learn the course material while also exploring their particular interests within the wide-ranging field of web development.We understand that this course can be challenging and we applaud you for all of your hard work. We’re wishing you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.
  • Data Analytics
    - 8/8/2019
    Lauren • Student

The 6 month course (10hrs a week in the evenings and on Saturdays) was a rough schedule but really worth it. You learn a TON. I entered the class as an absolute beginner, and I'd say I ended about middle of the pack - some of the students ended up creating really amazing final projects - it's a matter of how much you put into it. You have to really be willing to put your life on hold and dedicate yourself to the course (especially if you are working a full time job simultaneously), but if you can do that you will get a ton of value out of it. My teacher was exceptional, and I think that could really make or break the class.

I took this bootcamp with a goal of learning more about the web development side of business with a leaning towards analytical business processes and was very pleased with what I learned. It takes more of a broad approach - we covered a ton of topics and didn't get a chance to go very deep into any one area, but thats what I was looking for. I think you would be able to focus on certain aspects of the class and learn them deeper if you wanted to, my teacher was very available and the TA's were helpful too.

You get to work on several overaching projects over the course of the class that really let you explore what you want, and overall it's a very supportive environment where you can learn, experiment, and try your best on interesting projects even if you can't fully complete them.

I really enjoyed the bootcamp - but it was one of the most difficult things I have ever done. It's worth it if you can put in the time and effort.

Friday, Aug 09 2019
    Amazing, Lauren! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your boot camp experience and gained a valuable new skillset as a result. We're truly passionate about helping students succeed, so it's great to hear that you found our entire team to be supportive. As you mentioned, the course requires a large time commitment both inside and out of class in order to be successful, so we commend you for your hard work. We congratulate you on completing the course and wish you continued success in all your future endeavors!
  • Kyle D • Graduate

I attended this course from Nov. 2018- Feb 2019 and I would like to give my honest opinions without paragraphs of mindless reading:

Pros:

My teacher and TA's were beyond knowledgable and helpful. My teacher, Sarah, is basically an encyclopedia of knowledge that can break things down into 3rd grade level terms (well... as much as it is possible).  Our Admin, Caleb is also very knowledgable and checked in on our class during crucial times (in the beginning, during some project time, before graduation and he was there at graduation). This was good to bounce questions off at strategic times (in my eyes atleast). My class was a good size of about 25 people. We had a lot of diversity between those that are natural coders vs people like me who thought code just looked like the computer malfunctioned after pouring hot coffee over the keyboard. We learned A TON! I mean, I thought I would be able to know it all inside and out, but I was very wrong. This is both a plus and minus but more of a plus since I feel like I got the birds eye view of what I actually enjoyed (which is different from what I initially thought).  PROJECTS! I had a great experience with my group, in fact, we kept the same group for the most part over the three projects. This is where I felt that all of my classroom headscratching turned into actual knowledge. I felt comfortable enough writing JavaScript and React during these projects which is what I was a little shakey on in class. Abundance of resources. As part of a class joke, we would say, "don't worry, I will send out a few articles about this" any time there was a question. There are a ton of good resources that can guide you to top level discovery or deeply nested "secret" functionality of any subject. These are great for study materials since re-doing projects were not my favorite thing to do.

Now to the cons:

This 12 week course is TOUGH. I mean really tough. I have never been the best student and my study skills are unrefined, which made this class cause crazy emotional roller coasters. Working even a part time job does not seem like a great idea. This in itself can stack on the amount of stress. There is a lot of stuff to read up on and go through. In the beginning weeks, I feel like it was "easy enough" to knock through things, but once you dig deeper into JavaScript, your homeworks will take you a few nights (aka the week nights).  I felt like some of the stuff was too "top level". We didn't specialize in any one area which leads to general knowledge (see the job section below).  Career Services doesn't exist until AFTER you're done with class. I see how doing this will help us not be overwhelmed, but I beleive there should be more than just basic "sign up and fill out this information" milestones. I feel that there should be someone dedicated to speaking, and keeping up with all the students as they move through the class. Career services also seem to be basic: Resume help, sample non-technical interview questions, profile building. All are good to know, but shouldn't be the primary source of help. Also, there was no notice of any meetups (thankfully, our class made a channel for this). JOB SECTION - in addition to the above, the entry level job market is tough to break into. There are a lot of additional requirements it seems and this can prolong the time to enter into the industry. I feel like my skillset is basic and top level and many jobs require additional skill sets. This is tough to jugle and most likely will need you to "specialize" in something outside of just HTML, CSS and JavaScript. My advice - START LOOKING AT JOB/ JOB REQUIREMENTS ONCE YOU START JAVASCRIPT! Keep looking at the common languages being requested and learn one or two of them in one of your projects. This will help SO much.  The cost - yeah, it is like $1000 a week which is tough while you're not working. That being said, I know my reasons to break into the industry and the money/ freedom is there, so this is more of a heads up than a knock against the program.

Overall, I highly recommend the program, especially with Sarah Cullen. You will feel a crazy sense of accomplisment and you will have the opportunity to earn a decent wage while gaining life freedoms. Very good program and I am very happy with my decision.

Friday, Feb 15 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Kyle! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed the program and found our entire team to be knowledgeable, we also think Sarah and Caleb are amazing. We are also glad that you found the hands-on projects to be helpful and took advantage of all the boot camp resources — this is key for making it through such a rigorous program! You are absolutely right that our full-time curriculum is challenging and fast-paced, and designed to cover multiple concepts at a high-level. Rather than spending extended periods of time on one particular language or technology, we pride ourselves on teaching students how to learn, providing a strong foundational skill set that individuals can use to continue expanding their knowledge and learning new topics, even after the program ends. We understand that you would have liked the career support to have started earlier in the course and for it to have been more robust. The bulk of our career curriculum begins after the course, and it was designed this way due to the accelerated pace of our full-time program, allowing students to settle into the full-stack curriculum first. Our professional development services are built on the principle of empowerment, and we offer in-depth support by helping individuals achieve the 'Seven Milestones to Become Employer Competitive.' In our first two milestones, students are provided the tools and templates for developing a personal brand and in the following weeks continue to build a noteworthy online presence, technical resume, and stand-out portfolio. Leading up to milestone four, students have the opportunity to prepare for technical interviews by practicing with their Career Director and classmates. We finalize all career-ready tools in milestone five, in order to provide each individual personalized feedback on their professional materials from their dedicated Profile Coach. Your job support does not end upon graduation and your Career Director, Mark, looks forward to providing you with a range of continued strategies and coaching. It is our goal for all of our students to feel prepared as they start the job search, and we would love to provide you with any additional career planning assistance you need at this time. Please contact us directly at (303) 223-1868, so we can discuss how to best equip you for success going forward. We're constantly updating our career services curriculum to best equip students for the job search, so we truly appreciate your feedback. We’re cheering you on and wish you nothing but the best!
  • AMAZING experience!
    - 10/25/2018
    Jamie DeHaan • Graduate

I just graduated and am so excited to see what the future holds. I feel prepared and ready to dive into the web development world on a professional level. The program is tough and fast-paced but a positive attitude goes a long way. My instructor, Sarah was remarkable. I will forever be thankful for her. My tutor, Charlie (who was also a TA) was beyond helpful. The campus is absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend University of Denver Boot Camps!

Thursday, Oct 25 2018
    Way to go, Jamie! We are thrilled you are ready to dive into the field. You're completely right that this is a challenging program, so it's great to hear you felt supported — we also think Sarah and Charlie are fantastic. Thanks for your review and congratulations on completing the program! We wish you all the best.
  • Derek Minney • Graduate

University of Denver Bootcamp was absolutelty the hardest set of classes i have ever taken. That being said the staff was phenomonal. The TAs were always more than willing to help as was the Professor. Career services has been insanely helpful. I would recomend this program to anyone that is interested in the Tech Industry.

Thursday, Oct 18 2018
    Thank you so much, Derek! You are completely right that this is a challenging program, so it's great to hear that our entire team was so supportive and helpful. Congratulations on completing the course, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
  • Nick Devereaux • iOS Developer • Student

I started out my programming journey learning Swift/iOS part-time, maybe 10 hours a week if I was lucky. As I got more serious about programming, I decided to take the DU Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp and it was the best decision I could have made at the time. Trying to learn on my own was difficult, it was hard to set a structure, some concepts weren't clicking and I found myself moving on to new topics before really grasping the current topic I was learning. DU's bootcamp gave me that structure and forced me to solidify concepts before moving on to the next. It was also very helpful to be able to listen to lectures, ask questions and then put new knowledge into practice right away. With all that being said, it was a very demanding course and you get out of it what you put into it. It will be very hard to succeed unless you put in the recommended hours outside of class. I was able to land a job right out of class as a junior web developer. The company I worked for also had an iOS app that I was able to help out on. That led to me landing my first full time iOS job this month! DU's bootcamp really sped up my learning curve and I wouldn't be where I am now without it. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone serious about programming.

Friday, Jul 13 2018
    Way to go, Nick! We are thrilled you chose our course to take a more serious dive into programming. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the structure and in-class experience. Like you mentioned, you do get out what you put into the boot camp, and it is a demanding course that requires additional hours outside of class to really master the topics. You should be proud of all your hard work! Congratulations on graduating and landing a new exciting role. Thank you for your review and we wish you continued success in your new career path.
  • Great class!
    - 7/1/2018
    JoJo Zheng • Graduate

This course was overall challenging, but fun. I had no prior coding experience, but was able to understand most of the information presented. I loved my teachers and TAs—they were really supportive and always happy to help. Although I am not working in the industry yet, this was a great self-development course that showed me a whole new world. I am still really interested in coding, and will continue to do selves development courses until I find a job. As far as aspects that could be improved: I wish we had more class hours, as there is so much material, and I couldn’t always master one idea before we had to move to the next concept. But overall, this was a great introduction to coding and gave me a solid foundation to continue to improve my skills and knowledge.

Tuesday, Jul 03 2018
    Thank you so much for your review, JoJo! We are happy to hear the program was challenging yet fun, even as a beginner with no previous coding experience. Our instructors and TAs are passionate about teaching web development, so we are thrilled you found them to be supportive and always happy to help. This course covers an extensive amount of information in a limited amount of time and we understand you would have liked additional class hours—thank you for sharing this input as we are always striving to improve our curriculum. Congratulations on graduating, we are cheering you on as you go forward!
  • Full Time DU Camp
    - 5/29/2018
    Samuel A Mast • Graduate

The DU Coding Bootcamp was an amazing experience. I was in the Full Time Full MERN stack course, and learned a ton.  I came in with very basic knowledge of coding and web development, but by the time I left I felt very comfortable with the concepts and skills needed to make it as a software developer.

The instructor, TAs and student success manager are super supportive and very knowledgeable. The instructors are always available through Slack, and really take the time to dive into more complex topics with students.  There are also private tutoring sessions for students which can be very helpful.

Also, I know the connections and friends I made through this course will be lifelong buddies in our Web Development Journey

Lastly, the career services department is very helpful in teaching techniques and skills needed for finding a new jon (such as whiteboard/behavioral interviewing, job search locations, resume and cover letter help, etc.).   They dont get a job for you, but give you the skills needed to succed and continue learning and growing.

I reccomend this course very highly. :)

Wednesday, May 30 2018
    Way to go, Samuel! Our entire staff is incredibly passionate about helping students learn hands-on full-stack web development, so we’re happy to hear they were so supportive and attentive throughout the program. It’s wonderful you formed lasting connections with your classmates and benefited from our career services. We hope you’re proud of all of the hard work you put into completing this course! Thank you for your review, we wish you continued success moving forward.
  • Anne • Graduate

The DU Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp was great!  It was very challenging but I felt like the people running it were very interested in my success.  I had the opportunity to meet other students and like the in class room time a lot.  The curriculum was well designed and supportive to learning at a fast pace.

Tuesday, May 29 2018
    Thank you so much for your review, Anne! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the in-class experience, the curriculum, your classmates, and our entire team. We're really passionate about helping students succeed, so it's great to know our team was so helpful! Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best!
  • Great experience
    - 5/24/2018
    katie rinas • Graduate

Very knowledgable instructors.  Excellent academic support.

Thursday, May 24 2018
    Thank you for your review, Katie! It's wonderful to know that you had such a positive experience. Congratulations on your hard work, we wish you continued success!
  • Graduate
    - 5/24/2018
    Ken Lee • Graduate

I'm a bit of a unicorn when it comes to Denver coding schools, I've gone to two. Both were 6 to 7 months. I can say without a doubt that the University of Denver Coding Bootcamp is the best in Denver. There is a full staff of teachers, TA's, tutors, and DU administration to support you along the way. I had the great opportunity to learn frontend and backend languages to build real world web applications that I can use for my portfolio. I'm excited to use my new skills!

Thursday, May 24 2018
    Congratulations on graduating, Ken! Our entire staff is incredibly passionate about education and changing our students' lives, so it's great to know we were all able to support you throughout your boot camp experience. We're thrilled you successfully learned the fundamental concepts of full-stack web development, building some amazing real-world applications for your personal portfolio. Thank you for your review, we can’t wait to see all you will accomplish with your new skills!
  • Dylan Acup • Anheuser Busch Sales Rep • Graduate

Overall I was very satisfied after completing the 6 month full stack coding bootcamp at DU.  As someone who came into the coding bootcamp with no previous knowledge of programming, I can say that the support along the way from instructors and TAs was excellent.  I came out of this bootcamp with a solid foundation of knowledge in full stack web development technologies and a good tech portfolio to work with when exploring a new career in this field.

Pros:

- Great support from knowledgeable Instructors and TAs

- Good pace of learning for those taking this bootcamp while working a full-time job

- Great price for the course

- Exposure to a wide range of technologies that are practical for a career as a web developer

Cons:

- Relatively new to flushing out some of the kinks in the curriculum

- Career services are also new and needed more work in offering more practical support but are already beginning to improve

Tuesday, Nov 14 2017
    Congratulations on completing the program, Dylan! We're glad that you had such a positive experience with this course. It makes us proud of our team, knowing that your instructors and TAs provided you with excellent guidance and support during your journey, and it's terrific to hear that you gained a solid foundation in web development.We know this course can be challenging for students with no prior experience in web development so we commend you on all of the hard work you put into this course. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback as the student experience is our top priority. We're wishing you the very best in all your future endeavors.
  • It's up to you!
    - 8/10/2018
    Melissa Gilman • Student

I went into this bootcamp with absolutely no previous coding experience or knowledge. This bootcamp is not easy and sometimes, can feel quite impossible. We all came from different backgrounds and most of us had other demands outside of the bootcamp. The help and support of the instructors, TAs, student success manager, and the career development team was incredible. Everyone was so encouraging. I truly believe that you get out what you put in. My advice for anyone entering this bootcamp is “DON’T GIVE UP!” You will almost certainly regret quitting, but you will have so much to be proud of if you just give yourself a chance to succeed. Also, use every resource they provide, and go to the demo day at the end!

Monday, Aug 13 2018
    Thank you for your review, Melissa! We are so happy to hear you felt so supported and encouraged by our entire team throughout your student experience. Like you noted, this program is not easy, that's why we have to completely agree with you - anyone entering the boot camp should not give up and use all the available resources at their disposal! Congratulations on graduating and we wish you all the best moving forward.