bottega-logo

Bottega

Online, Online, Salt Lake City, Scottsdale

Bottega

Bottega offers part-time and full-time tech bootcamps in front end development, Python programming, and Ruby Programming in Lehi, UT, and online. The front end program covers HTML, CSS, and JavaScript; the Python progam covers Python, JavaScript, and React; and the Ruby program covers Ruby on Rails, SQL, and APIs. Wanting to make students as hirable as possible, the school was created as a place for motivated students to have the resources necessary to reach their potential. Students have daily scheduled class time for a structured support system and learning environment with other students, instructors, and access to mentors. Students work on projects using current and relevant website and software development as part of the course curriculum.

To apply, applicants should fill out an online application, meet with a member of the enrollment team, and then take the Bottega Prep Course. Bottega's mission is to empower people to change their lives by providing the world's best vocational content and supporting them through the process of acquiring new skills and integration into the workforce.

Bottega's career services for students include resume and interview preparation, online job placement resources, advisor support after graduation, and continued learning. Bottega is Accredited by the Northwest Accreditation Commission | Cognia as a Post-Secondary non-degree granting school. Cognia is a private accreditation body and not recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Additionally, Bottega received CREDIT recommendation recognition through the American Council on Education to provide Computer Science credit and transcript service through ACE.

Recent Bottega Reviews: Rating 4.47

all (68) reviews for Bottega →

Recent Bottega News

• Full Stack Web Developer

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Data Structures, Front End, SQL, Python
    LocationSalt Lake City, Online
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition PlansIn house payment plans offered.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience required to start.
    Prep Work70 hour free prep course.
  • Full Stack Web Developer - Part-Time

Students will learn full-stack coding technologies including: HTML, CSS, Python, React.js, CSS Grid, Flexbox, Mongo, SQL/MYSQL This special part-time "learn at your own pace" option takes you through the same 600 hour curriculum our full-time program uses, with 1-on-1 support from real developers
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition PlansIn house payment plans offered.
    Refund / GuaranteeAll monies paid for this part-time course are eligible to be applied to a full-time course. Pay an affordable monthly tuition "on demand", or lock in a discounted rate for the full 9-month plan.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience required to start.
    Prep Work70 hour free prep course.
  • No title
    - 8/19/2020
    Shawnette Johnson  User Photo
    Shawnette Johnson • Verified via LinkedIn
    In November 2018 I started the part time Software Development program with Bottega. I struggled with the content of the program and stopped at 17%. I thought that maybe it was because I was working full time and was trying to learn by myself. In the summer of 2020 since I was not working I noticed that Bottega had a full time program with an online instructor for the same program. Myself and a few other students in my cohort had switched from the part time program due to not being able to grasp the bulk of the material. Mind you if I had to code along with the video this part I could do. But executing it or being able to fully understand the concepts without doing it with someone I can not.  I had originally signed an ISA to pay back 10 % of my income for a certain amount of time. I switched to the full time program and to my surprise the content and material was the exact same. I had to agree to pay back 16.5% of my income. The instructor DOES NOT TEACH you watch the same videos that you would watch in the part time.  They start a zoom meeting and push the buttons on the videos. They give you the quizzes in the platform and sometimes make up their own quines.  Do not pay more for full time. Unable to learn the core concepts I did not want to move forward so I asked to be placed in the next cohort. When I told the instructor how I felt and that I didn't want to continue not learning anything he tried to convince me to keep going.   I thought that it was just me. Then a few class members reached out to me and guess what? It was not just me. They agreed that it was the structure and content of the course. After trying to study and go back over the material I realized that it just was not for me. I notified the school that I would not be continuing with the program.  I stopped at 33-34% of the program this time. After notifying the company that I would never get a job in the industry or complete the program their nice willingness to help changed. The entire tone of the messages changed to them being upset and telling me that I was going to have to pay for the portion of the course that I had completed. I told them that I was not and that I did not agree to this. The school is run by a husband and wife. The wife (admissions)said that she would contact the financial team ie. her husband and they would let me know the portion that I had to pay.  I had to contact them per the company that I signed the ISA with to tell them to remove the ISA. Her husband then said that I had to pay a prorated amount for the portion of the course that I had finished. This is not what I agreed to and I will not be repaying any of it. I agreed to pay once I completed the program and got a job in the industry. Also when I resigned the new ISA I didn't notice that they took the industry part out. So now if you complete ANY AMOUNT OF THE COURSE. Bottega will try to get money from you not matter what industry you work in. The company is run primarily by a husband and wife so there is also a conflict of interest in admissions and the ISA. The husband is over the instructors as well. They push that they're accredited and in the process of becoming a University to try to make them seem trustworthy. Do not be fooled as the delivery of the content is done by one person on video who most of the time hops around on topics, over explains, under explains and says don't worry if you don't understand this a lot. Please just find another boot camp. Find one that is not misleading and that does not seem to be only concerned with the money. For me it was the way that the content was delivered on most of the videos. Those in the cohort that were beginners like me struggled as well. There were two with prior knowledge they did better. Bottega does not have technical interviews that you have to pass to get in like most bootcamps. They let everyone in. I think that this is a dis-service to those that may not be able to grasp the concepts. From what I have experienced I feel that they do this for the money.  If they let everyone that applies in and even if people don't graduate or become software developers they will still try to get paid....They are not truthful in telling you this upfront. If I could give zero stars I would.
  • Terry Roberts  User Photo
    Terry Roberts • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The full time course at Bottega completely changed how I look at software. I used to be nervous and feel like I was never gonna understand how to develop and within the first 2 weeks already had me learning more the I could have anticipated.

When Bottega says they teach you to think like a developer the mean. If you're looking for a great school, this one is a great choice, they teach you many different tools and the course is super in dept with lots of coding and sealing that knowledge into your brain.
    - 8/17/2020
    Terry  User Photo
    Terry • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I looked at several code bootcamps before I chose Bottega. I was interested in learning ReactJS and that was a major portion of the curriculum. Bottega was challenging and difficult. The curriculum is such that you code along on big projects that help you see what is possible and do smaller code challenges that stretch your abilities. My instructor was knowledgeable and always had the answers to the questions we came up with. It's not the easy route, but it is a challenging route.
  • Brian Kozub  User Photo
    Brian Kozub • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was supposed to be a full-time, in person student, but with COVID, campus was shut down just before my cohort started. I had a great instructor, Dan Floyd. Dan is still fairly new to web development. A fairly recent graduate of Bottega himself, he still didn't understand some things. However, he had a very obvious love for development and would often start class with something he was excited about having learned the night before during personal study or at one of the several meetups he attends. I had been studying web development on my own for about a year before attending and that gave me a huge leg up. I would recommend preparing as much as you can before attending if you want to get the most out of it.

A boot camp style learning environment is not right for everyone. There were several students that left early or did not finish on time. The learning is very structured and the first half of the program relies heavily on following along with video tutorials. The second half, which was much more enjoyable for me, offered a bit more flexibility. Projects were assigned and we were allowed to work on solving those problems in our own ways, using the skills we were building in the first half of the program.

This is not a college degree and it is a lot more intensive any college courses I've taken. They call it a boot camp for a reason. The schedule is rigorous. This is application based learning and you may miss out on some of the theory that can be very helpful in this career path. As someone who thrives in a structured environment, I was able to flourish with the strictly scheduled days with very particular assignments offered here.

If you're able to keep up, you will learn a lot of valuable skills in a very short period of time. They can't teach you everything, though, so you need to have a desire to supplement what you learn in class with outside sources.

I graduated about a month ago and I'm still a bit unclear on how their job assistance is supposed to work. They do not guarantee anyone a job, but they have helped with resume and LinkedIn building. I'm currently working to apply for an apprenticeship program that is offered in partnership between Bottega and the Department of Workforce Services.
  • Bottegga is GREAT!
    - 7/27/2020
    Blake  User Photo
    Blake • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Bottegga delivered the exact bootcamp experience  was looking for, one where you have nearly 24/7 access to mentors, a great learning environment, fast paced but steady.
  • Alan Hernandez  User Photo
    Alan Hernandez • Full Stack Jr. • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    The best online coding school in the world, is the most complete to learn any coding language, even if you do not have any knowledge of codes, you can learn to make your first page very simple but fully functional, with the step of time you can code without help but now you need patience and bottega to be the best web developer and more now that the world needs it.
  • A new life
    - 5/8/2020
    Koy Herrick  User Photo
    Koy Herrick • Verified via LinkedIn
    Bottega offered me something that I had no idea I could find in just 3 months of school. I learned so much and will be forever grateful to them for the education. The teacher was everything and more that I wanted in a professor. He really cares about your success and happiness.
  • Gideon Felt  User Photo
    Gideon Felt • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I came to this code school having experience in python development, and I watched many students around me struggle to pick up the programming mindset, but each of those who kept pressing forward, even some extremely anxiously ultimately had a moment in this course where these concepts clicked and the instructors here did a fantastic job of guiding us to that moment, the technical skills taught here were fantastic, I feel like I can build anything now! The real benefit of Bottega however, was how well the different instructors were willing to teach soft skills, the course spends just the right amount of time, teaching us how to live in the software environment, and in how we can interact with fellow developers the best we can. And the job placement team here is great, super accommodating and helpful. and the benefit of lifetime access to the constantly updating curriculum of our course was just one more layer of icing on the cake.
  • Awesome School
    - 2/4/2020
    Latasha Covington  User Photo
    Latasha Covington • Student Verified via GitHub
    The school is very informative and you will learn a lot the teacher  make sure you understand the curriculum they want you to ask question they take time after class during lunch to help you
  • Software Developer
    - 1/30/2020
    Brayden  User Photo
    Brayden • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Bottega is a great school. When I began the course I knew absolutely nothing! Now I can build full stack applications! The course is great. The support after graduation is amazing as well.

• Kent  User Photo
    Kent • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I love technology and always wanted to code. I went to a university to learn how to code but I wasn't getting anywhere. I wasn't understanding, and the classes had 80% fail rates every semester. There were so many students who, like me, were so hungry to learn to code but the college curriculum wasn't helping students learn. I gave up after 2 years because I was getting more and more in debt with tuition. I ran into an old friend who graduated from Bottega University and told me all about it. I gave it a shot! The hands on experience was exactly what I needed! Bottega teaches in a way that all types of learners can learn effectively. College was never hands on, but this is nothing but hands on. I completed the program in 3 months, and just a month after that I was an online mentor for other Bottega students and now I'm teaching students how to code. All under a year. This is exactly what I needed. I knew I had potential, and Bottega got me to find it and start me off on my career on doing the thing that I'm passionate about; coding.

• Burke M Rich  User Photo
    Burke M Rich • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Bottega is a very supportive and gives a thorough education on a variety of software and related subjects. More than that is the interest that they take in you personally to help you find a match for your personality in the job market. It is awesome!