bottega-logo

Bottega

Online, Online, Salt Lake City, Scottsdale

Bottega

Bottega offers part-time and full-time tech bootcamps in front end development, Python programming, and Ruby Programming in Lehi, UT, and online. The front end program covers HTML, CSS, and JavaScript; the Python progam covers Python, JavaScript, and React; and the Ruby program covers Ruby on Rails, SQL, and APIs. Wanting to make students as hirable as possible, the school was created as a place for motivated students to have the resources necessary to reach their potential. Students have daily scheduled class time for a structured support system and learning environment with other students, instructors, and access to mentors. Students work on projects using current and relevant website and software development as part of the course curriculum.

To apply, applicants should fill out an online application, meet with a member of the enrollment team, and then take the Bottega Prep Course.

Bottega's career services for students include resume and interview preparation, online job placement resources, advisor support after graduation, and continued learning. Bottega offers a job guarantee on their full-time programs. If a graduate is not employed within 90-days after the course, there is a 100% tuition refund, including any monies already paid. See enrollment agreement for details.

Bottega is the official technology school of Hudu Academy, which is regionally accredited through AdvanceED. Ultimately, Bottega's goal is to put the most valuable technology tools in the hands of individuals in the shortest amount of time.

Recent Bottega Reviews: Rating 4.5

all (62) reviews for Bottega →

Recent Bottega News

• Full Stack Web Developer

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Data Structures, Front End, SQL, Python
    LocationSalt Lake City, Online
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition PlansIn house payment plans offered.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience required to start.
    Prep Work70 hour free prep course.
  • Full Stack Web Developer - Part-Time

Students will learn full-stack coding technologies including: HTML, CSS, Python, React.js, CSS Grid, Flexbox, Mongo, SQL/MYSQL This special part-time "learn at your own pace" option takes you through the same 600 hour curriculum our full-time program uses, with 1-on-1 support from real developers
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition PlansIn house payment plans offered.
    Refund / GuaranteeAll monies paid for this part-time course are eligible to be applied to a full-time course. Pay an affordable monthly tuition "on demand", or lock in a discounted rate for the full 9-month plan.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience required to start.
    Prep Work70 hour free prep course.
  • Alan Hernandez  User Photo
    Alan Hernandez • Full Stack Jr. • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    The best online coding school in the world, is the most complete to learn any coding language, even if you do not have any knowledge of codes, you can learn to make your first page very simple but fully functional, with the step of time you can code without help but now you need patience and bottega to be the best web developer and more now that the world needs it.
  • A new life
    - 5/8/2020
    Koy Herrick  User Photo
    Koy Herrick • Verified via LinkedIn
    Bottega offered me something that I had no idea I could find in just 3 months of school. I learned so much and will be forever grateful to them for the education. The teacher was everything and more that I wanted in a professor. He really cares about your success and happiness.
  • Gideon Felt  User Photo
    Gideon Felt • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I came to this code school having experience in python development, and I watched many students around me struggle to pick up the programming mindset, but each of those who kept pressing forward, even some extremely anxiously ultimately had a moment in this course where these concepts clicked and the instructors here did a fantastic job of guiding us to that moment, the technical skills taught here were fantastic, I feel like I can build anything now! The real benefit of Bottega however, was how well the different instructors were willing to teach soft skills, the course spends just the right amount of time, teaching us how to live in the software environment, and in how we can interact with fellow developers the best we can. And the job placement team here is great, super accommodating and helpful. and the benefit of lifetime access to the constantly updating curriculum of our course was just one more layer of icing on the cake.
  • Awesome School
    - 2/4/2020
    Latasha Covington  User Photo
    Latasha Covington • Student Verified via GitHub
    The school is very informative and you will learn a lot the teacher  make sure you understand the curriculum they want you to ask question they take time after class during lunch to help you
  • Software Developer
    - 1/30/2020
    Brayden  User Photo
    Brayden • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Bottega is a great school. When I began the course I knew absolutely nothing! Now I can build full stack applications! The course is great. The support after graduation is amazing as well.

• Kent  User Photo
    Kent • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I love technology and always wanted to code. I went to a university to learn how to code but I wasn't getting anywhere. I wasn't understanding, and the classes had 80% fail rates every semester. There were so many students who, like me, were so hungry to learn to code but the college curriculum wasn't helping students learn. I gave up after 2 years because I was getting more and more in debt with tuition. I ran into an old friend who graduated from Bottega University and told me all about it. I gave it a shot! The hands on experience was exactly what I needed! Bottega teaches in a way that all types of learners can learn effectively. College was never hands on, but this is nothing but hands on. I completed the program in 3 months, and just a month after that I was an online mentor for other Bottega students and now I'm teaching students how to code. All under a year. This is exactly what I needed. I knew I had potential, and Bottega got me to find it and start me off on my career on doing the thing that I'm passionate about; coding.

• Burke M Rich  User Photo
    Burke M Rich • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Bottega is a very supportive and gives a thorough education on a variety of software and related subjects. More than that is the interest that they take in you personally to help you find a match for your personality in the job market. It is awesome!
  • Alan Vela  User Photo
    Alan Vela • Technical Support Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I'm currently working with this program, and I would like to say that this is a self-thought program where you will need to understand that you will need to put a lot of effort to understand the topics. Also, I would like to say that their current platform has some downsides since you will have trouble communicating with people and the majority of people will not have the right answer to your questions.

Advisors are great, and they are always willing to help at any time. I love this since I don't call too often, but I would like to say that they are a good resource when you have silly problems.

The videos that they sell you are expensive, and you can find those videos on youtube and Udemy for a lower price. However, it seems that you are paying a lot for consulting, but if you find the right people you will feel ok since Google will have a lot of free resources, but one of the best things that you can do is having something that is a good structure to make sure you don't feel lost.

Also, after finish this course, I will help people to know how to code for free instead of charging a lot of money. My recommendation here for the school is to implement a different way to evaluate students, and have a better platform to maintain better communication with students.

Another thing is that the CEO is answering these surveys and the way he is answering is not the most appropriate way since the only one that will look bad at the end is the school.

After all, I like the school, and I like the topics from the Coding Bootcamp, but I hope people will do better in the future for future students.

• Lindsey Wiggins  User Photo
    Lindsey Wiggins • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I was standing on my feet, with no lunch breaks at a dead-end job earlier this year. No benefits. Not to mention, I am pregnant trying to provide for my family. I knew I needed to make a big adjustment if I wanted to better provide for my children and help my husband with our bills. Then - out of the blue - I came across an Ad for Bottega

After requesting more info, I had gotten reached out to right away. All my questions got answered and by the next day, I decided to enroll into their Full-time Remote program for Full Stack Web Development. All I had was little experience in playing with HTML code when I was a teenager editing my old MySpace profile LOL. I only came to Bottega with some varied computer skills and a background in graphic design.

My online experience was outstanding, compared to my other online school (Full Sail University). Full Sail, I would be lucky to get an email back from my teacher in time to finish a project or the homework assignment. They assigned tasks weekly but there was no video chat interactions like we have at Bottega. We logged into ZoomMeeting every morning, and our teacher Benjamin would guide us through exercises and course work. He made sure we were all on the same page and took the time to help anyone who was stuck. My classmates were also a great support system. We all wanted each other to succeed! I never felt completely lost, and if I had a question – my teacher would spend time one on one whenever I needed it. You can really tell that the teachers and mentors cared about you and your success. It really makes all the difference when you’re trying to learn and pick up new skills in a 12 week window. Which, it is completely doable! I am due about 2 weeks after graduation. If I can do it, then there is no excuse as to why you can’t!

Besides the support in class, outside of class – Career Services have been wonderful to work with. Erika is the Student Success Manager who is on the mission to prepare us all for this career field. She was one of my biggest advocates in doing my best and pushing through these 12 weeks. She motivated me and helped me write my resume, gave me lots of positive feedback on how to present myself in my resume, interview videos and on LinkedIn. Before graduation, my LinkedIn, Indeed and emails were getting messages daily about job offers and opportunities in my area! Even though I wanted to wait and earn my certificate first, it was a good chance to get in some interviews for practice. I know there will be more positions after I graduate, and will be ready for. I couldn’t be more excited for the new opportunities in store for me thanks to Bottega!

• Ammon Cisneros  User Photo
    Ammon Cisneros • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Bottega has managed to be a positive influence in my life all throughout highschool. I am 100% glad I attended this bootcamp, and I learned what I learned. I'm convinced everyone working here loves their jobs and is passionate about what they do. When attending bottega, the same principles apply here like any other learning environment. If you're willing to learn what you're being taught, you'll learn it. If it doesn't come naturally; I've seen the amount of help the mentors are willing to give first hand. Even if you're familiar with certain subjects, the mentors give you the tools you would need to go out and continue learning; after all, thats what development is. Right?

I wouldn't trade this experience for anything!

• Joe Anderson  User Photo
    Joe Anderson • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I just finished Bottega's full time in-person course at their Lehi, UT location.  As with I'm sure any other bootcamp in existence, there were pros and cons to my experience at Bottega.

Cons first:

1. They talk about job placement assistance, but aside from their placement lady coming in to class to tell us to update our LinkedIn account a couple of times, there wasn't any assistance at all.  She did tell me one time to come to her office and she would help me out, but everytime I went over she was never there.  The president of the company pulled a few people out of class to look over their resume or try and hook them up with some of his contacts, but I never got included on that.  Not sure how or why those individuals were selected, but I obviously fell short of whatever criteria was being used.

2. I didn't feel like the T.A's were very helpful.  In some cases, it didn't seem like the T.A knew enough to help efficiently, in others the T.A didn't really want to help, or they simply just weren't available.  That said, Bottega has an instructor who is literally ALWAYS available to help, night or day, and is always more than happy to offer assistance.  He's the man.  Hopefully they don't lose him anytime soon.

Pros:

1. They give lifetime access to the curriculum, which was created by Jordan Hudgens - a brilliant developer who graduated college at 15.  Sure, the T.A you ask for help might suck.  But rest assured at least the curriculum is top notch.

2. They are accredited, which means you can get college credit through their course.  That's pretty cool, and not offered by any other bootcamp that I'm aware of.

3.  The campus is right next to the train station, making it easily accessable for people coming from a distance.

4.  I truly feel that for Bottega's faults and the slightly bitter taste in my mouth in some aspects after graduating, it is a Bootcamp that is run by good people who want to create the best experience possible for their students.

TL;DR - Bottega has great curriculum that is worth the cost of the part-time program, but I don't think the full-time course is justified in costing twice as much.  Any supposed benefits of the full-time vs part-time (job placement assistance, etc) were essentially non-existent as far as I could see.

• Deven Clingman  User Photo
    Deven Clingman • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I loved my time at Bottega! I learned so much and the knowledge I gained and the connections I made will benefit me for years to come. This school isn't just 3 months and done. Even after my time at Botegga I've recieved support and help as I've continued my job search.