bottega-logo

Bottega

Online, Online, Salt Lake City, Scottsdale

Bottega

Bottega offers part-time and full-time tech bootcamps in front end development, Python programming, and Ruby Programming in Lehi, UT, and online. The front end program covers HTML, CSS, and JavaScript; the Python progam covers Python, JavaScript, and React; and the Ruby program covers Ruby on Rails, SQL, and APIs. Wanting to make students as hirable as possible, the school was created as a place for motivated students to have the resources necessary to reach their potential. Students have daily scheduled class time for a structured support system and learning environment with other students, instructors, and access to mentors. Students work on projects using current and relevant website and software development as part of the course curriculum.

To apply, applicants should fill out an online application, meet with a member of the enrollment team, and then take the Bottega Prep Course.

Bottega's career services for students include resume and interview preparation, online job placement resources, advisor support after graduation, and continued learning. Bottega offers a job guarantee on their full-time programs. If a graduate is not employed within 90-days after the course, there is a 100% tuition refund, including any monies already paid. See enrollment agreement for details.

Bottega is the official technology school of Hudu Academy, which is regionally accredited through AdvanceED. Ultimately, Bottega's goal is to put the most valuable technology tools in the hands of individuals in the shortest amount of time.

Recent Bottega Reviews: Rating 4.48

all (60) reviews for Bottega →

Recent Bottega News

• Full Stack Web Developer

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Data Structures, Front End, SQL, Python
    LocationSalt Lake City, Online
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition PlansIn house payment plans offered.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience required to start.
    Prep Work70 hour free prep course.
  • Full Stack Web Developer - Part-Time

Students will learn full-stack coding technologies including: HTML, CSS, Python, React.js, CSS Grid, Flexbox, Mongo, SQL/MYSQL This special part-time "learn at your own pace" option takes you through the same 600 hour curriculum our full-time program uses, with 1-on-1 support from real developers
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition PlansIn house payment plans offered.
    Refund / GuaranteeAll monies paid for this part-time course are eligible to be applied to a full-time course. Pay an affordable monthly tuition "on demand", or lock in a discounted rate for the full 9-month plan.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience required to start.
    Prep Work70 hour free prep course.

• Gideon Felt  User Photo
    Gideon Felt • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I came to this code school having experience in python development, and I watched many students around me struggle to pick up the programming mindset, but each of those who kept pressing forward, even some extremely anxiously ultimately had a moment in this course where these concepts clicked and the instructors here did a fantastic job of guiding us to that moment, the technical skills taught here were fantastic, I feel like I can build anything now! The real benefit of Bottega however, was how well the different instructors were willing to teach soft skills, the course spends just the right amount of time, teaching us how to live in the software environment, and in how we can interact with fellow developers the best we can. And the job placement team here is great, super accommodating and helpful. and the benefit of lifetime access to the constantly updating curriculum of our course was just one more layer of icing on the cake.
  • Awesome School
    - 2/4/2020
    Latasha Covington  User Photo
    Latasha Covington • Student Verified via GitHub
    The school is very informative and you will learn a lot the teacher  make sure you understand the curriculum they want you to ask question they take time after class during lunch to help you
  • Software Developer
    - 1/30/2020
    Brayden  User Photo
    Brayden • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Bottega is a great school. When I began the course I knew absolutely nothing! Now I can build full stack applications! The course is great. The support after graduation is amazing as well.

• Kent  User Photo
    Kent • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I love technology and always wanted to code. I went to a university to learn how to code but I wasn't getting anywhere. I wasn't understanding, and the classes had 80% fail rates every semester. There were so many students who, like me, were so hungry to learn to code but the college curriculum wasn't helping students learn. I gave up after 2 years because I was getting more and more in debt with tuition. I ran into an old friend who graduated from Bottega University and told me all about it. I gave it a shot! The hands on experience was exactly what I needed! Bottega teaches in a way that all types of learners can learn effectively. College was never hands on, but this is nothing but hands on. I completed the program in 3 months, and just a month after that I was an online mentor for other Bottega students and now I'm teaching students how to code. All under a year. This is exactly what I needed. I knew I had potential, and Bottega got me to find it and start me off on my career on doing the thing that I'm passionate about; coding.

• Burke M Rich  User Photo
    Burke M Rich • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Bottega is a very supportive and gives a thorough education on a variety of software and related subjects. More than that is the interest that they take in you personally to help you find a match for your personality in the job market. It is awesome!
  • Alan Vela  User Photo
    Alan Vela • Technical Support Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I'm currently working with this program, and I would like to say that this is a self-thought program where you will need to understand that you will need to put a lot of effort to understand the topics. Also, I would like to say that their current platform has some downsides since you will have trouble communicating with people and the majority of people will not have the right answer to your questions.

Advisors are great, and they are always willing to help at any time. I love this since I don't call too often, but I would like to say that they are a good resource when you have silly problems.

The videos that they sell you are expensive, and you can find those videos on youtube and Udemy for a lower price. However, it seems that you are paying a lot for consulting, but if you find the right people you will feel ok since Google will have a lot of free resources, but one of the best things that you can do is having something that is a good structure to make sure you don't feel lost.

Also, after finish this course, I will help people to know how to code for free instead of charging a lot of money. My recommendation here for the school is to implement a different way to evaluate students, and have a better platform to maintain better communication with students.

Another thing is that the CEO is answering these surveys and the way he is answering is not the most appropriate way since the only one that will look bad at the end is the school.

After all, I like the school, and I like the topics from the Coding Bootcamp, but I hope people will do better in the future for future students.

• Lindsey Wiggins  User Photo
    Lindsey Wiggins • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I was standing on my feet, with no lunch breaks at a dead-end job earlier this year. No benefits. Not to mention, I am pregnant trying to provide for my family. I knew I needed to make a big adjustment if I wanted to better provide for my children and help my husband with our bills. Then - out of the blue - I came across an Ad for Bottega

After requesting more info, I had gotten reached out to right away. All my questions got answered and by the next day, I decided to enroll into their Full-time Remote program for Full Stack Web Development. All I had was little experience in playing with HTML code when I was a teenager editing my old MySpace profile LOL. I only came to Bottega with some varied computer skills and a background in graphic design.

My online experience was outstanding, compared to my other online school (Full Sail University). Full Sail, I would be lucky to get an email back from my teacher in time to finish a project or the homework assignment. They assigned tasks weekly but there was no video chat interactions like we have at Bottega. We logged into ZoomMeeting every morning, and our teacher Benjamin would guide us through exercises and course work. He made sure we were all on the same page and took the time to help anyone who was stuck. My classmates were also a great support system. We all wanted each other to succeed! I never felt completely lost, and if I had a question – my teacher would spend time one on one whenever I needed it. You can really tell that the teachers and mentors cared about you and your success. It really makes all the difference when you’re trying to learn and pick up new skills in a 12 week window. Which, it is completely doable! I am due about 2 weeks after graduation. If I can do it, then there is no excuse as to why you can’t!

Besides the support in class, outside of class – Career Services have been wonderful to work with. Erika is the Student Success Manager who is on the mission to prepare us all for this career field. She was one of my biggest advocates in doing my best and pushing through these 12 weeks. She motivated me and helped me write my resume, gave me lots of positive feedback on how to present myself in my resume, interview videos and on LinkedIn. Before graduation, my LinkedIn, Indeed and emails were getting messages daily about job offers and opportunities in my area! Even though I wanted to wait and earn my certificate first, it was a good chance to get in some interviews for practice. I know there will be more positions after I graduate, and will be ready for. I couldn’t be more excited for the new opportunities in store for me thanks to Bottega!

• Ammon Cisneros  User Photo
    Ammon Cisneros • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Bottega has managed to be a positive influence in my life all throughout highschool. I am 100% glad I attended this bootcamp, and I learned what I learned. I'm convinced everyone working here loves their jobs and is passionate about what they do. When attending bottega, the same principles apply here like any other learning environment. If you're willing to learn what you're being taught, you'll learn it. If it doesn't come naturally; I've seen the amount of help the mentors are willing to give first hand. Even if you're familiar with certain subjects, the mentors give you the tools you would need to go out and continue learning; after all, thats what development is. Right?

I wouldn't trade this experience for anything!

• Joe Anderson  User Photo
    Joe Anderson • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I just finished Bottega's full time in-person course at their Lehi, UT location.  As with I'm sure any other bootcamp in existence, there were pros and cons to my experience at Bottega.

Cons first:

1. They talk about job placement assistance, but aside from their placement lady coming in to class to tell us to update our LinkedIn account a couple of times, there wasn't any assistance at all.  She did tell me one time to come to her office and she would help me out, but everytime I went over she was never there.  The president of the company pulled a few people out of class to look over their resume or try and hook them up with some of his contacts, but I never got included on that.  Not sure how or why those individuals were selected, but I obviously fell short of whatever criteria was being used.

2. I didn't feel like the T.A's were very helpful.  In some cases, it didn't seem like the T.A knew enough to help efficiently, in others the T.A didn't really want to help, or they simply just weren't available.  That said, Bottega has an instructor who is literally ALWAYS available to help, night or day, and is always more than happy to offer assistance.  He's the man.  Hopefully they don't lose him anytime soon.

Pros:

1. They give lifetime access to the curriculum, which was created by Jordan Hudgens - a brilliant developer who graduated college at 15.  Sure, the T.A you ask for help might suck.  But rest assured at least the curriculum is top notch.

2. They are accredited, which means you can get college credit through their course.  That's pretty cool, and not offered by any other bootcamp that I'm aware of.

3.  The campus is right next to the train station, making it easily accessable for people coming from a distance.

4.  I truly feel that for Bottega's faults and the slightly bitter taste in my mouth in some aspects after graduating, it is a Bootcamp that is run by good people who want to create the best experience possible for their students.

TL;DR - Bottega has great curriculum that is worth the cost of the part-time program, but I don't think the full-time course is justified in costing twice as much.  Any supposed benefits of the full-time vs part-time (job placement assistance, etc) were essentially non-existent as far as I could see.

• Deven Clingman  User Photo
    Deven Clingman • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I loved my time at Bottega! I learned so much and the knowledge I gained and the connections I made will benefit me for years to come. This school isn't just 3 months and done. Even after my time at Botegga I've recieved support and help as I've continued my job search.

• Life Changing
    - 12/6/2017
    VIctor Laucas  User Photo
    VIctor Laucas • Graduate Verified via GitHub

If you're looking at and comparing different coding schools STOP. Without a doubt, Bottega is the BEST coding school out there. The curriculum is top notch, always being updated and adding new material. The instructors and TAs are world class. They know the material inside and out and will do everything they can to help you understand it. Even after graduating I still get access to all of the curriculum and I regularly review content I learned in class.

Prior to Bottega, I felt like my life was stagnant. I hated the retail job I was working and I was frustrated with the traditional college path. After 12 weeks of blood, sweat, and a few tears I learned the foundations of web development and can apply those skills in the real world.

Thank you to Jordan, Andrew, Brayden, and the rest of the Bottega staff for teaching and mentoring me, you all truly changed my life.

Bottega is one of the best things I’ve ever done and I encourage anyone who is interested to attend.

• Stimulating
    - 12/2/2017
    JJ Keeney  User Photo
    JJ Keeney • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I have always been one for immerseing myself in the things that I am attempting to learn. At first I was quite skeptical of Bottega as it seemed too good to be true. How can you learn to program in just three months? This program took my love for immersion and ran with it tearing right through my doubt and opening up avenues in my brain I never knew I had. It was hard at first to get my bearings but the people there were so passionate about what they were doing that it rubbed off and made me passionate. If you want to gain a love for code I cant reccomend Bottega enough.

• Trevor Howard  User Photo
    Trevor Howard • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I had to be talked into going to Bottega and constantly doubted whether or not to go. I'm actually very thankful I made the right decision. I was stuck in a job I hated before even hearing about Bottega, getting ready to go back to college and get a degree in CS. I had a friend who was attending and in the tech world it's more about what you know than what a piece of paper tells others you know. At Bottega I learned enough about coding to start an LLC and find a full time developing job.

A lot of people will tell you, "you'll get out what you put in". As I was attending the course I didn't think I was putting in that much effort, but gradually found myself wanting to explore what you could really do with code. I contribute keeping the curiosity alive to the instructors and aides working at Bottega, who will always help even after you complete the course.

The curriculum was a tad slow for me, but you'll get that in a cohort with multiple people learning at different speeds. The material that was covered was thorough and explained very well. The one thing I would have changed about the course is that I had to give myself extra homework, as most assigned homework is watching videos.

Overall I'm very pleased with the time I spent attending. Found a job I love, learned A LOT, and was ready in a fraction of the time it would have taken me to complete a traditional degree. We're always learning in this industry, and learning from the amazing people at Bottega, I feel as though I got a head start.

• K.J. Roberts  User Photo
    K.J. Roberts • Intern at 1-800 Contacts • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    I think the one of the greatest things about Bottega is their constant desire to change and improve. They care so much about their students and trying to help them succeed. When I say their I mean anyone who is involved and works there. From CEO and President to Sales and TA's and particularly in between with their instructors. The curriculum is developed so that people at all levels of computer knowledge can jump in and start learning to code. The curriculum is also continually being built and updated to have the best and most current information. Brayden Green, Andrew Would, and Ian Mercaldi, their instructors, are awesome at helping students to understand the concepts wherever they are at. Not to mention all of the TA's who are constantly available and willing to help. I want to mention that my particular cohort was not perfect, we had a few transitioning teachers at the time, but everything was worked out. We gained special experience from each teacher with different personal experience from each. One was a primarily front end developer, one was more back end. The people in charge Scott and Eric are so helpful and willing to work with individuals and their needs. We had special circumstances with computer problems for a student in our class, and he ended up just moving to the next cohort half way in. It helped him so much! I have seen so much assistance and help from the owners in making connections with other businesses to be able to refer students to them. Overall they are striving to be the best. And it really shows. One thing about bootcamp in general though is you can only expect to get out what you put in. You can't expect it all to be handed to you. You have to put in the effort to learn. If you don't work on the material. If you don't try, you'll leave and not find a job, because people will know you don't know what you are talking about. That is the same with all bootcamps though. Nothing special to Bottega. The difference here is the people will give you all the resources and help they can to help you succeed. If you are struggling they will do everything they can to help you.
  • Web Developer
    - 9/4/2017
    Rebecca Buie  User Photo
    Rebecca Buie • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I LOVE Bottega Tech! I would send anyone I know there! The curriculum is awesome, the instructors know their stuff, and everything runs so smoothly! I found a job soon after graduating and I still look back into the curriculum and rewatch videos all the time. They take care of their students before, during, and long after graduating. Not only did I learn development, but I’m lucky enough to be a part of a wonderful community! Finding a job is hard for anyone right out of any kind of school, but Bottega really helps you prepare for what happens after graduating. They even hire graduated students to be mentors until they find a job! This was really a life saver being a single mom! I highly recommend Bottega Tech for anyone who desires to get further in such a great industry!

• Ian Earley  User Photo
    Ian Earley • TA • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I had never coded before I looked at Bottega. I started just a few months ago back in May and Finished about 2 weeks ago here in August. I have to say that this program was more for me than just a learning experience. I met a lot of great people who helped me through some hard times. I know I can count on anyone here and the skills I learned from the course are already coming to fruition. I've already received a few calls from recruiters and other interested parties, it's nice to be able to choose exactly where I want to go now. I am truly grateful for everyone at Bottega and look forward to seeing what the future holds for this great school!

• Benjamin Nicklaus  User Photo
    Benjamin Nicklaus • Student Verified via GitHub

I started the 3 month school in April, and since day one the teachers, and TA's were always there for support. The curriculum was absolutely amazing. I retained so much knowledge building my portfolio, my angular application and many many other programs. When I started the school I had little to no knowledge of programming, and now thanks to Andrew, Brayden, Anthony, Ian, and KJ for helping and supporting my class, I am now able to build web applications. This class altogether was amazing, fun, full of knowledge. Anyone that signs up for this school is going to learn A LOT.

Thank you Bottega for teaching and guiding me to my career!!!!

Response From: Eric Wold of Bottega
    Title: CEO
    Thursday, Jul 13 2017
    Ben, you rock. Your work ethic was obvious from day one. Even when some things were challenging, you just dug in and tried harder.

Thank you for serving our country in the military. We are honored by your service to us, and honored that we were able to give something back to you and your daughter.

Respect
  • Jared Lund  User Photo
    Jared Lund • Director of • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Having been a business owner I made a living modeling great individuals and it was clear to me that I was looking for more then a bootcamp with solid carriculum, talented instructors, and tuition financing - those were a given. In order for me to take the risk of a radical change in career I required the rarest commodity in all industry ... devoted and commited leadership.

While at Bottega I have experienced an ever expanding quality full stack carriculum that I will have lifetime access to. The course creator is uniquly qulaified and interacts with the students regularly. The instructors are commited and experienced. The TA support has been thoroughly tried and test by me, and I found them to be lifesavers.

Above all what I value most has been unique interaction with class mates, C-level executives, instructors, down to the enrollment specialists. All share a revelutionary vision, their passion for individual success, their networks, thier experience in industry with the students. I can not say enough about the experience I have had and the relationships that have come from it. Both the course and quality of my life will never be the same... and I thought it was only about code!

• Elise Adams  User Photo
    Elise Adams • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

When I was first looking into bootcamps I had looked around the whole state. I walked into Bottega when they were having an open house. I had read into their company and wanted to check it out for myself. Everyone is so friendly and helpful at Bottega, any questions you have they will be answered. They work hard to make sure that you succeed. They have the best instructors/mentors. They are there to help and guide you along the course and even after you have graduated. The curriculum is so amazing and the best I have seen! You will get exactly what you put into it. I have countless nights where I stayed up studying and any questions or errors I ran into along the way were noticed and addressed. They want to make sure that you get your feet on the ground running and continue your success. They give you so many tools and abilities to learn additional languages. Bottega has such passion, it rubs off on others and makes you have such a passion for programming. I had no programming back ground what-so-ever and I have come out with so much knowledge about being a software engineer. It is definitely possible to learn full stack development in 3 months, it takes hard work and dedication. They help you learn new languages, new ways to problem solve, and walk through with how to interview. They help push you to success! I recommend Bottega to those that have the ambition to learn and grow not only in programming, but as an individual.

Response From: Eric Wold of Bottega
    Title: CEO
    Thursday, Jul 13 2017
    Elise you are going to have an amazing career and employers will be fighting over you. The only thing brighter than your smile is your intelligence.
  • Chase  User Photo
    Chase • Back-end engineer (LEAD) • Graduate Verified via GitHub

When I first began looking into going to a boot camp, the only thing that was going through my head was "oh boy... another accelerated program to no where". I was put right into my place... This program has no only given me the knowledge to succeed as a software developer.. It has taught me how to problem solve, and think... I have met SO SO SO many WONDERFUL, and certainly INSPIRING people, not just the folks who were in my class (cohort).. But Bottega helped me network with individuals from many different companies. This program is extremely challenging. if you are going to do it. DO IT! However, be prepared to be frustrated, and want to beat your face plate against any nearby surface... The course creator/instructor, is one of the most intelligent human beings I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, as well as all the other instructors/TA's... But I have to say... even though I have completed the program, and have sense found a career making almost double my previous job (to put that into perspective... 25k PER YEAR INCREASE!) you tell me where you can do that?.. well Bottega will give you the tools to make it in any, and all ways possible... The personal support added with the professional is just so magnificent. You will not be disappointed if you give it your all... PLUS... They will stick by your side forever... a wise man once told me when I came across a big career challenge, and felt overwhelmed with fear, and unworthy of the task... "You're not smart, you're brilliant. You playing small does not serve this world. You were placed on this earth to win, and win you will do". Like Richard Branson says, you get an opportunity, you take it. Then you figure out how to solve it. Now look in the mirror, tell yourself you can do anything, and get to work".. You know what he was right. then the next message warmed my heart, and made me feel apart of something bigger than myself, "Bottega isn't just the course we teach, or the placement. We are committed to helping you and all our students now and into the future, from your first job to your last"... So I have to ask... Don't you want to make your goals, and dreams a reality?

• Life Changer!
    - 6/7/2017
    Brian Anderson  User Photo
    Brian Anderson • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    Bottega was fantastic. I am a graduate from the school and can honestly say it's changed my life even though it's so early in the game for me. Like others in the school, I went in with absolutely no coding experience. I had looked around at other bootcamps but bottega caught my attention early on. If you are willing to put in the work and research and code on your own time as well as what you do in class, you will be successful. I was hired as a software developer about 2 months after graduating. So in just 5 months time my life has changed for the better. It can happen much sooner than that for some but also a little longer for some, but as long as you're seeking improvement every day you'll be successful. The teachers want nothing more than for your success and work many hours outside of school hours helping however they can.
  • Mike Bird • Student
    I heard great things from my brother, who was teaching there, about the school so I figured going there was an ace in the hole. I still looked around but their curriculum was exactly what I wanted to learn which is why I picked the school over others who mainly focused only on JavaScript. I could not afford to not work for months to take the class so I did the online class. I have been studying programming on my own for over 3 years prior to this so this review is not coming from a complete beginner. I took the class in order to get some formal education for my resume. Jordan Hudgens teaches it and he is hands down one of the worst teachers I have experienced in person or in online classes. He skips over necessary information needed to understand topics and the things he does cover are so vague and horribly taught that learning out of a book and youtube is a better bet. He asks you to write programs where he has not taught you topics of things that necessary to complete the exercise. Lecture videos are all out of place and don't coincide with what is being learned. From the code he writes, Jordan seems like a good programmer but should absolutely 100% not be teaching it as he does not know how to teach it. To someone learning how to code and get into the profession, his teaching could not be more unclear even for someone who is not fresh to programming. I entered the class having a basic knowledge of material and ended up becoming confused with what was taught that I already had knowledge of. Don't expect to receive any help when needed. Many times I set up an appointment to get help with an employee when my schedule would allow with work and they either called hours after the appointment time when I wasn't available or never called. Once this happened that they never called and I set up an appointment for the next day where they never called again. I waited at a course checkpoint for a project for a week to be able to be approved to move on in the course. I talked to someone at the Lehi campus who wasn't even associated with the remote course who had it resolved in 5 minutes. If you really need to attend this school, attend the immersive course even if it means not working for months. I've since decided to seek out a new school to do an immersive course with even though Bottega still requires me to pay what is owed for how much of the class I completed. I can tell the in person class is worth it if you decide to go with Bottega. Neil Myers was the one who helped me figure out the mess and I can tell the immersive course would have been a great thing. Still, I would advise avoiding Bottega like the coronavirus. I'd give them a lower score if I could.
  • Great School
    - 1/29/2020
    Keith • Manager • Graduate

People need to remember that a boot camp is not intended to teach you everything you need to know. Its all in what you put in.

I came in with zero coding experience and by the end of the 13 weeks can do things I didnt think I would be able to.

Cons: Its a bootcamp things move quick, there are a lot of videos that you watch

Pros: Endless mentorship, great staff

Overall: Like with all things in life its how hard you work and what you put in. If you think you are paying for a school to get you a job after you are wrong. You need to pay attention in class, do things after class and after the course is over continue to build skills. Bottega has lined up almost an interview a week for me. The issue is that I am still learning and the right fit doesnt always come along as most companies dont hire brand new developers. I have realistic expectations of gaining employment. If you are willing to do what bottega asks (attend practice interviews, submit your resume to them many times for input, call them for advice, set up a linkedin profile etc) they will support you along the way. I get weekly calls and emails from their job assistance to guide me where to apply or to tell me they set something up for me.

As for development Its up to me to become a better developer every day. When I work on a project even now I have help at my finger tips. Its great!

• horrendous
    - 12/12/2019
    David • Graduate

I have gone through bottega and it is absolutely horrendous. in the beginning they did not put me into the slack channel to where I can ask for help

I did get a call for a mentor called Jordan(Canadian Jordan) but I thought he was Jordan Hudgens.

when I got stuck on my project I tried calling him but he never replied.

I ended up stopping for a few month and then I decided to push through. Ian was able to help me. get started.

Once I got started I meet an "awesome" mentor (Not awesome any more) Benjamin Nicolas that helped me push through and get through all the content, took me awhile to get through the courses, but I made it.

During my time on the course they had one mentor on at times and I had to wait for quite a while to get help on some thing.

Sometimes they would have only on mentor on at time. They had Neil Myers on and he did not the knowledge to help me on my ruby/angular project. I ended up using a lot of stack over flow to solve the projects.

A mentor(Ben) told me that he would help me with my project and he ended blowing me off on that day and ended up helping other students.

When I have ben working on my project Ben was mentoring me a little bit but once I got close to being done Ben just pawned me off to another mentor.

don't go in thinking that you will make friends with your mentors once I got done with the course the mentors do not keep in contact with you at all :(. They will say that they are too busy. the mentor that I am referring to is Ben

I was told that I would have job placement services. I had a conversation with Stephanie about setting up a time to meet with her. It was set for Tuesday. I looked at google and the meeting was scheduled for Monday instead. I ended up clicking accept. So I sent her a slack message asking about it around noon. She never responded so I got ready for her to call me at the designated time but she never called me I ended up waiting for 10 minutes and then I went back to work. she did end up call 15 minutes after but I was already back at work. I tried to contact her a couple of times but I was never able to get a hold of her.

Another thing that happened was while I was taking the course I completed the introductory videos of HTML/CSS but several month later while working on the course Ben told me that I had to retake the HTML/CSS portion after they updated it. Once I was three quarters of the way through Ben told me that I didn't have to do it.

Also all the courses and project that I learned to build is all on udemy.