To apply, applicants should fill out an online application, meet with a member of the enrollment team, and then take the Bottega Prep Course. Bottega's mission is to empower people to change their lives by providing the world's best vocational content and supporting them through the process of acquiring new skills and integration into the workforce.
Bottega's career services for students include resume and interview preparation, online job placement resources, advisor support after graduation, and continued learning. Bottega is Accredited by the Northwest Accreditation Commission | Cognia as a Post-Secondary non-degree granting school. Cognia is a private accreditation body and not recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Additionally, Bottega received CREDIT recommendation recognition through the American Council on Education to provide Computer Science credit and transcript service through ACE.
Recent Bottega Reviews: Rating 4.44
Recent Bottega News
In PersonFull Time50 Hours/week12 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $12,000 Class size 20 Location Salt Lake City, OnlineStudents will learn full-stack coding technologies including: HTML, CSS, Python, React.js, CSS Grid, Flexbox, Mongo, SQL/MYSQL
Deposit 0 FinancingFinancing available via SkillsFund Tuition Plans In house payment plans offered.
Minimum Skill Level No experience required to start. Prep Work 70 hour free prep course. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
In PersonPart Time15 Hours/week11 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $7,500 Class size 24 Location OnlineStudents will learn full-stack coding technologies including: HTML, CSS, Python, React.js, CSS Grid, Flexbox, Mongo, SQL/MYSQL This special part-time "learn at your own pace" option takes you through the same 600 hour curriculum our full-time program uses, with 1-on-1 support from real developers
Deposit 0 FinancingFinancing available via SkillsFund Tuition Plans In house payment plans offered. Refund / Guarantee All monies paid for this part-time course are eligible to be applied to a full-time course. Pay an affordable monthly tuition "on demand", or lock in a discounted rate for the full 9-month plan.
Minimum Skill Level No experience required to start. Prep Work 70 hour free prep course. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
73 reviews sorted by:
- Bottega is great!- 1/6/2021Cooper Tingey • Jr Software Developer • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Developer • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI loved my experience at Bottega. I literally went from zero coding experience to getting a Jr. Developer job in 12 weeks. The course is designed in a way that exposes students to information, and then has them practice with hands on experience the concept they just learned. For me, this was the most efficient and effect way to learn. I loved my teacher, my classmates, and the CTO who made all the videos we watch is great.
The most important thing however, was the honesty and genuine nature of the program. Everyone involved in Bottega I felt was honest and really desired my success. I always felt encouraged and motivated because of the culture created within Bottega. I recommend this program to anyone who wants to get into the tech industry. 10/10!
- No title- 8/19/2020Shawnette Johnson • Course: Full Stack Web Developer • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInIn November 2018 I started the part time Software Development program with Bottega. I struggled with the content of the program and stopped at 17%. I thought that maybe it was because I was working full time and was trying to learn by myself. In the summer of 2020 since I was not working I noticed that Bottega had a full time program with an online instructor for the same program. Myself and a few other students in my cohort had switched from the part time program due to not being able to grasp the bulk of the material. Mind you if I had to code along with the video this part I could do. But executing it or being able to fully understand the concepts without doing it with someone I can not. I had originally signed an ISA to pay back 10 % of my income for a certain amount of time. I switched to the full time program and to my surprise the content and material was the exact same. I had to agree to pay back 16.5% of my income. The instructor DOES NOT TEACH you watch the same videos that you would watch in the part time. They start a zoom meeting and push the buttons on the videos. They give you the quizzes in the platform and sometimes make up their own quines. Do not pay more for full time. Unable to learn the core concepts I did not want to move forward so I asked to be placed in the next cohort. When I told the instructor how I felt and that I didn't want to continue not learning anything he tried to convince me to keep going. I thought that it was just me. Then a few class members reached out to me and guess what? It was not just me. They agreed that it was the structure and content of the course. After trying to study and go back over the material I realized that it just was not for me. I notified the school that I would not be continuing with the program. I stopped at 33-34% of the program this time. After notifying the company that I would never get a job in the industry or complete the program their nice willingness to help changed. The entire tone of the messages changed to them being upset and telling me that I was going to have to pay for the portion of the course that I had completed. I told them that I was not and that I did not agree to this. The school is run by a husband and wife. The wife (admissions)said that she would contact the financial team ie. her husband and they would let me know the portion that I had to pay. I had to contact them per the company that I signed the ISA with to tell them to remove the ISA. Her husband then said that I had to pay a prorated amount for the portion of the course that I had finished. This is not what I agreed to and I will not be repaying any of it. I agreed to pay once I completed the program and got a job in the industry. Also when I resigned the new ISA I didn't notice that they took the industry part out. So now if you complete ANY AMOUNT OF THE COURSE. Bottega will try to get money from you not matter what industry you work in. The company is run primarily by a husband and wife so there is also a conflict of interest in admissions and the ISA. The husband is over the instructors as well. They push that they're accredited and in the process of becoming a University to try to make them seem trustworthy. Do not be fooled as the delivery of the content is done by one person on video who most of the time hops around on topics, over explains, under explains and says don't worry if you don't understand this a lot. Please just find another boot camp. Find one that is not misleading and that does not seem to be only concerned with the money. For me it was the way that the content was delivered on most of the videos. Those in the cohort that were beginners like me struggled as well. There were two with prior knowledge they did better. Bottega does not have technical interviews that you have to pass to get in like most bootcamps. They let everyone in. I think that this is a dis-service to those that may not be able to grasp the concepts. From what I have experienced I feel that they do this for the money. If they let everyone that applies in and even if people don't graduate or become software developers they will still try to get paid....They are not truthful in telling you this upfront. If I could give zero stars I would.
- Hard work but worth every bit- 8/18/2020Terry Roberts • Student • Verified via LinkedInThe full time course at Bottega completely changed how I look at software. I used to be nervous and feel like I was never gonna understand how to develop and within the first 2 weeks already had me learning more the I could have anticipated.
When Bottega says they teach you to think like a developer the mean. If you're looking for a great school, this one is a great choice, they teach you many different tools and the course is super in dept with lots of coding and sealing that knowledge into your brain.
- Student- 8/17/2020Terry • Student • Course: Full Stack Web Developer • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI looked at several code bootcamps before I chose Bottega. I was interested in learning ReactJS and that was a major portion of the curriculum. Bottega was challenging and difficult. The curriculum is such that you code along on big projects that help you see what is possible and do smaller code challenges that stretch your abilities. My instructor was knowledgeable and always had the answers to the questions we came up with. It's not the easy route, but it is a challenging route.
- Know What a Boot Camp Is and What It Isn't- 7/28/2020Brian Kozub • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Developer • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI was supposed to be a full-time, in person student, but with COVID, campus was shut down just before my cohort started. I had a great instructor, Dan Floyd. Dan is still fairly new to web development. A fairly recent graduate of Bottega himself, he still didn't understand some things. However, he had a very obvious love for development and would often start class with something he was excited about having learned the night before during personal study or at one of the several meetups he attends. I had been studying web development on my own for about a year before attending and that gave me a huge leg up. I would recommend preparing as much as you can before attending if you want to get the most out of it.A boot camp style learning environment is not right for everyone. There were several students that left early or did not finish on time. The learning is very structured and the first half of the program relies heavily on following along with video tutorials. The second half, which was much more enjoyable for me, offered a bit more flexibility. Projects were assigned and we were allowed to work on solving those problems in our own ways, using the skills we were building in the first half of the program.This is not a college degree and it is a lot more intensive any college courses I've taken. They call it a boot camp for a reason. The schedule is rigorous. This is application based learning and you may miss out on some of the theory that can be very helpful in this career path. As someone who thrives in a structured environment, I was able to flourish with the strictly scheduled days with very particular assignments offered here.If you're able to keep up, you will learn a lot of valuable skills in a very short period of time. They can't teach you everything, though, so you need to have a desire to supplement what you learn in class with outside sources.
I graduated about a month ago and I'm still a bit unclear on how their job assistance is supposed to work. They do not guarantee anyone a job, but they have helped with resume and LinkedIn building. I'm currently working to apply for an apprenticeship program that is offered in partnership between Bottega and the Department of Workforce Services.
- Bottegga is GREAT!- 7/27/2020Blake • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Developer • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- "Why bottega is the best coding school for me?"- 5/11/2020Alan Hernandez • Full Stack Jr. • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Developer • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubThe best online coding school in the world, is the most complete to learn any coding language, even if you do not have any knowledge of codes, you can learn to make your first page very simple but fully functional, with the step of time you can code without help but now you need patience and bottega to be the best web developer and more now that the world needs it.
- A new life- 5/8/2020Koy Herrick • Course: Full Stack Web Developer • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInBottega offered me something that I had no idea I could find in just 3 months of school. I learned so much and will be forever grateful to them for the education. The teacher was everything and more that I wanted in a professor. He really cares about your success and happiness.
- Bottega opens your vision, and enables you with skills, to thrive with others in the development world- 2/4/2020Gideon Felt • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Developer • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via LinkedInI came to this code school having experience in python development, and I watched many students around me struggle to pick up the programming mindset, but each of those who kept pressing forward, even some extremely anxiously ultimately had a moment in this course where these concepts clicked and the instructors here did a fantastic job of guiding us to that moment, the technical skills taught here were fantastic, I feel like I can build anything now! The real benefit of Bottega however, was how well the different instructors were willing to teach soft skills, the course spends just the right amount of time, teaching us how to live in the software environment, and in how we can interact with fellow developers the best we can. And the job placement team here is great, super accommodating and helpful. and the benefit of lifetime access to the constantly updating curriculum of our course was just one more layer of icing on the cake.
- Awesome School- 2/4/2020Latasha Covington • Student • Course: Full Stack Web Developer • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHub
- Software Developer- 1/30/2020Brayden • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Developer • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via LinkedIn
- This is exactly what I needed.- 1/29/2020Kent • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Developer • Campus: Salt Lake City • Verified via GitHub
I love technology and always wanted to code. I went to a university to learn how to code but I wasn't getting anywhere. I wasn't understanding, and the classes had 80% fail rates every semester. There were so many students who, like me, were so hungry to learn to code but the college curriculum wasn't helping students learn. I gave up after 2 years because I was getting more and more in debt with tuition. I ran into an old friend who graduated from Bottega University and told me all about it. I gave it a shot! The hands on experience was exactly what I needed! Bottega teaches in a way that all types of learners can learn effectively. College was never hands on, but this is nothing but hands on. I completed the program in 3 months, and just a month after that I was an online mentor for other Bottega students and now I'm teaching students how to code. All under a year. This is exactly what I needed. I knew I had potential, and Bottega got me to find it and start me off on my career on doing the thing that I'm passionate about; coding.