Amsterdam, Bali, Barcelona, Beirut, Beirut, Belo Horizonte, Belo Horizonte, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Chengdu, Copenhagen, Kyoto, Kyoto, Lausanne, Lille, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Madrid, Madrid, Marseille, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Nantes, Oslo, Oslo, Paris, Recife, Rennes, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Singapore, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Tokyo

Le Wagon is a 9-week Ruby on Rails focused bootcamp based out of Paris and other various locations. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants will join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.

Graduates of Le Wagon will be proficient in Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, APIs, Github, and Heroku. Le Wagon requires 40 hours of online work to prepare for the course, and in 2 months students will be able to build several web applications, including a clone of Airbnb and a personal project. The bootcamp focuses on bringing coding skill to creatives and entrepreneurs with the ambition to build their own MVP and/or challenge their future dev team.

• Coding Bootcamp

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby
    August 31, 2019
    Madrid, Oslo, Rennes, Kyoto, Lausanne, Shenzhen, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Berlin, Milan, Chengdu, Bali, Mexico City, Tokyo, Marseille, Casablanca, Belo Horizonte, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, Montreal, Shanghai, Lyon, Nantes, Tel Aviv, Lille, London, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Lisbon, Barcelona, Rio de Janeiro
    Payment in two or three installments depending on the Campus policies
    Beginner
    October 21, 2019 - ShenzhenApply by October 21, 2019
    January 13, 2020 - Buenos Aires

• Charlotte Rebillon  User Photo
    Charlotte Rebillon • Graduate Verified via GitHub

As a Product Owner working with developers, I’d always been curious about programming languages. I had learned some HTML in business school then some CSS on Codecademy  but it didn’t quite feed my curiosity. So after 4 years as a product owner, I decided to take a gap semester from work to finally learn to code! As a good business student, I studied the market to evaluate my options and rapidly two programs stood out. I reached out to alumni from both programs and that’s when Le Wagon became an evidence; an evidence because of its community and its network! Alumni were super available to answer my questions and gave me tons of advice. The 9 weeks were amazing and went by so fast. Everyday I got to learn new ways of thinking, discover new concepts and take on new challenges. I really enjoyed the program schedule (and yoga classes). This experience taught me a lot and brought me the confidence to basically do anything! Indeed my plan is now to move to the south of France soon where I’ll settle as a Fullstack Developer (either in a company or as a freelance).

• Batch 220
    - 4/8/2019
    Grégoire Courtois  User Photo
    Grégoire Courtois • Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

The Wagon is one of the most fulfilling experience of my life. At le Wagon, we don’t just learn code, we learn why we do it and how to do it right. The spirit is awesome, the teachers adapt themselves to each and every student, so no one is left behind.

I can’t believe the experience I gain in only 9 weeks. I feel I have a backbone now and I don’t feel ashamed to call myself a developer, thanks to le Wagon.

The fun thing is when you’re there, you’re not just part of a batch, you just have been welcomed in a big family (a 4000 people family). A family which support each other, raise each other and understand each other.

The 9 weeks program is like a marathon but inside a formula 1. You know it’s long and hard but when you watch where you came from, you can’t realize how far you get in just few weeks.

Now I’m at the beginning of my new career, I know I still have a lot to learn (and I will learn all my life) but one thing is sure, I am not afraid.

If you’re still asking the question, should I leave that job which makes me feel miserable, don’t hesitate anymore, take that leap, you won’t regret it.

• Le Wagon Bali
    - 4/8/2019
    Tomek Stacharski  User Photo
    Tomek Stacharski • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Before Le Wagon I was working in Ad Tech in London, hacking together automated advertising solutions for clients using Google sheets, Zapier and any other 3rd party solutions that required no coding ability.

Doing this I eventually started to realise that there were massive opportunities I couldn’t take advantage of because I couldn’t code, which is why I decided to join Le Wagon.

Le Wagon Bali itself was incredible. Despite the tremendous amounts you learned each week the teachers had an incredible impact on the overall mood. The teacher to student ratio and the ticket system meant you never had to wait too long for a ticket to be solved and if a teacher needed to sit with you for a few hours to explain something, they could!

On the course I met people from all different walks of life and this definitely inspired me to consider opportunities I would not have previously. And I couldn’t have wished for a nicer group of people and I feel like I have definitely made some lifelong friends.

Also being in Bali is incredible. Everytime you get stressed or frustrated you can have a look at the ocean from the classroom or go down to the beach or even visit one of the many (many) great coffee shops. And Le Wagon worked really hard to organise trips on free weekends so you could make the most of being in paradise.

Le Wagon not only gave me a great toolbox of coding languages but also taught me how I could teach myself more languages. A lot of the focus was on self-learning and preparing you for when you don’t have a teacher by your side. This was especially true for final project week. Being able to take my own idea to a fully fledged progressive web app over the course of the last 10 days and be able to present it to a room full of people was probably one of my proudest achievements.

Now that I have finished Le Wagon I am currently considering whether to take a job at an exciting new startup or try to realise some of my own business ideas, but whatever I end up doing, I’m sure the learning doesn’t stop now.

• Meryl  User Photo
    Meryl • Fondatrice RollerGirlHôtesses et OhMyStaff • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I’m an entrepreneur since 2014 and I enrolled at Le Wagon Paris at the end of 2018 for 9 amazing weeks. It was one of the most intense and great experiences of the last few years. You can completely trust them to benefit from a bootcamp very well structured, teached by strong professors and teaching assistants, and with moments of fun and cheerfulness. Last year, I wanted to create a new project, in line with my company. This project is a booking plateform 100% online and 100% automatized, which needs a powerful app. As I had no skills or even 0 knowledge in coding, I first thought to subcontract the creation of the app. By subcontracting I would have “lost control” of the production, what I didn’t want to do. Then I discovered Le Wagon and told myself it could be amazing to learn to code in only 9 weeks. This is an essential skill if you want to create a startup. Not only to code yourself, but also to be able to understand what the developers do. If you want to discover this world, jump on a big challenge, gain new skills and open job opportunities, I really recommend you Le Wagon :)

• Maxime  User Photo
    Maxime • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I completed Le Wagon Full Stack Bootcamp end of 2018 in Paris, this course is well structured and balanced, adapting to your level. For the record, I had no previous code experience.  Over 9 intense weeks, I learned how to program in Ruby and structure Web Application. This course gave me all the key foundation about programming and how to be autonomous in learning about code.

I can only recommend this course, the staff and their learning method is exceptional.

• Jennifer  User Photo
    Jennifer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I started to be interested in coding a few of years ago while travelling. After meeting many inspiring developers in hostels, who were working remotely while travelling and making good money. At the time I never really considered myself technically minded enough or able to sit at a computer for long enough to be able to make this a career. I decided to give it a go, and took some online courses. I loved it. Before then I didn't realise that coding is a an excellent job for creative people.

As I started to go deeper into coding I realised that the online videos and challenges I was doing were not enough. I heard about coding bootcamps while travelling in Australia and went to a few open days to find out more. I did some more research upon arriving back in Barcelona and came across Le Wagon. Not only was it rated as the highest bootcamp in Europe, but the fact that it was aimed at creative people and those looking to 'Change your life, learn to code'. It seemed to be the best fit for me.

I remembered that I had a friend who did the same bootcamp in Lisbon the year before and asked him what he thought. I read some articles on Medium that confirmed that. I booked meetings with various other bootcamps in Barcelona just to be sure. Compared to the other options for bootcamps I felt that Le Wagon was more personable, more international and would provide me with the most value for what I wanted to do - change my life and learn to code. Gus didn't spam me with emails not try to convince me to take the course in our meeting, he seemed to want the course to be a good fit for both of us. And so I booked up and a month later I had my first class.

The school was bright and open which I found to be a reflection of the people who filled it. No two people were the same, each with their own story and reasons for learning to code. The focus of the first day was for us to get to know one another and get our computers set up and ready for the following weeks. Each day we would be randomly assigned another student as a buddy and were encouraged to help one another, rather than just asking a teachers help each time. I really enjoyed having the chance to work with and get to know the other students well, and I think it really made an impact on the overall friendly, positive vibe of the whole experience.

We would learn a new topic for a couple of hours in the morning and spend the rest of the day with our buddy tackling practical exercises to help us understand and see how and why to use the new information. We were encouraged to be independent and find answers on our own or with our buddy before asking a teacher for help, which is a great habit to pick up early on in our coding careers.

The last 3 weeks were almost entirely practical as we formed groups and created two different applications, from thinking about the reason for the app, to building the 'user story' and flow, to the design and planning, building the web app and finally presenting our finished product. We did all that using the knowledge we had just learned in the past 6 weeks plus some added extras in the morning lectures. It felt great to be able to show off our apps to friends and family at the end of the bootcamp and feel the sense of accomplishment within our group. Not only that but we are able to add these apps to our CV's, along with all our new skills. Gus helped us to spruce up our LinkedIn profiles and CV's, and we had presentations from recruiters to alumni giving us tips on the next steps for life after the bootcamp. As well as the extra resources, courses and lifetime access to all the lectures and exercises from the bootcamp we have the added bonus of the Le Wagon Alumni slack channel with more than 4000 people posting help, job offers and giving access to this worldwide community of coders.

I am now on the other side of the bootcamp with some interviews lined up and I have started building my website portfolio plus a new app idea of my own. I would not have been able to do this had it not been for Le Wagon's bootcamp and the help and support of Gus and the team here in Barcelona. I would recommend the Le Wagon bootcamp to anyone, but most especially in Barcelona, where we have sunshine almost every day and different fun events every weekend, it was great to have a whole new group of friends to enjoy this beautiful city (and make hilarious coding jokes with!!!). Good luck future coder!

• Yoann Saunier  User Photo
    Yoann Saunier • Front-end developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was working as a music composer & audio engineer. Considering the evolution of the music industry, I decided to learn code to survive this tough jungle in the future. Le Wagon was naturally my first choice to begin this new adventure, and it was above my expectations. The quality of the pedagogy is very high. This chackra opening experience was beyond just learning code: I met very interesting people and joined an amazing family.

After graduating last summer in Paris, I worked for Le Wagon as a Teaching Assistant in Paris, Berlin, Casablanca & Shanghai. That was such an enriching experience. Then and I found a full-time job within only 4 months, as a front-end developer (Vue.js) in my dream city. This new job is quite challenging but I was surprised how quickly I was able to adapt, thanks to the methodoligy I learnt at Le Wagon. It's more about learning how learn, which is the most useful tool in a developer journey.

I strongly recommend Le Wagon, without any hesitation!

• Julien Maisonnier  User Photo
    Julien Maisonnier • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Le Wagon FullStack program that I attended last summer was a unique experience for three reasons :

- First because of its very ambitious developer training scope : one doesn’t learn how to use already made coding tools, that could get obsolete quickly, but rather the logic behind them in a thorough bottom’s up approach (just look at the training programme, it speaks for itself). And still, all levels of developers make their way through the intense formation, from the absolute beginner to the somehow initiated and already keen developer. And it applies to you whether you want to become a developer, a product owner, an entrepreneur, etc.

- Second because the formation has a very smart “hands on” approach following the “learn by doing” principle. A short and sweet lecture session every morning - for approximately an hour and half - and then, code, code, code....  And because everyone works in pairs and is also supported by a great team of knowledgeable Teaching Assistants, you are never alone in front of your screen.

- Third, a business and project oriented approach : because Le Wagon founders don’t want you to think just code, but also business : who is your customer? What problem do you solve? What is your unique value proposition? How do you design it and prototype you web application? And then, how do you code it all up as a team? And when you think you are almost done, you have to present it to the world during demo day! There are some great examples of demo days on the web, watch them, they are real!

I received great feedback about Le Wagon before attending the bootcamp and knew it corresponded to what I was looking for. So I jumped into it. And it turned out to be even better than I anticipated.

Get ready for an intense session, this is not just a walk in the park, it requires your full attention. And in the end, you will be so pleased with Le Wagon experience and you will have met some great people along the way.

Happy coding journey !

• Romain Blanco  User Photo
    Romain Blanco • Founder and CMO Louis Antoinette Paris • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

12 month before starting le Wagon Bali in Jan 2019, I was running a promising start-up that just raised 300 K€ seed fund, team of 5 full time people, great investors and located in the largest European start up hub in Paris, Station F. We had just launched a marketplace of craftmen and craftwoman in fashion, mainly focused on dressmakers. KPI were looking good and before launching we already had hundreds of dressmakers, interest from customers, to make it short we had our first traction. From a tech side I had no knowledge in tech and after a quick benchmark on the French market we decided to choose an agency based in Lyon that develops “The only all-in-one solution for creating your marketplace” (as they call themselves) and pay annual fees to use there “easy to use” marketplace solution… no need to say that was the worst idea I ever had.

The worst decision I ever made

Not only this solution was very expensive (40K€ / year), but also It would take us a week (in the best case) or two to have a button moved (basic CSS and HMTL, now I know J ). When you are launching a new tech business, the first thing you learn from every entrepreneur book is the fact you have to iterate every single day according to user feedback. Well, we had it all, Trello feedback loop, public roadmap, users/dressmakers regular test, full time internal product owner… but the so called “web agency” was facing a peak of work at that moment and would take care of our requests in the best case after 10 days which is an eternity at start-up scale. We were not even asking new features, no back-end, but basics front-end. But worse we had not opportunity to change any back-end function at all. We finally had to pay freelance developers to at least improve User Interface and do the work quicker, which started to cost a lot of money to us. After 9 months like that we eventually ran out of money and could not afford a second year of annual fees (and we didn’t want to carry on with them anyway). The traction was not going fast enough to raise a second round of seed money, technology was not even ours, so we didn’t even have anything to sell. We decided to kill the project. In September 2018, I was by myself no more team, deeply in depth with banks (BPI), my associate had left the business and I was about to close the business.

When I decided to join Le Wagon.

After couple of weeks of back and forth I finally decided to maintain the business by myself, doing some marketing freelance to make money and made the decision to join le Wagon for the January batch. I thought, as I failed my project due to my lack of knowledge in technology I should do something about it. What was the learning I could get from this experience? The answer was definitely making my main 2018 drawback, a 2019 strength by learning how to code asap. A coding boothcamp was the answer ! I already had friends that had been through Le Wagon and just loved the experience, choosing Le Wagon was a no brainer. However I was not making enough money to join le Wagon Paris and live in Paris for two months without freelancing at all. This is when I decided to pick the most exciting AND cheapest cost of life destination where Le Wagon had a campus… BALI, Indonesia.

I had buried my project already.

I was not proud about the project I failed, I felt guilty and I kept thinking I could have done better… I had wasted so much money. It was difficult for me to get over it and even though I kept telling myself failure makes success, being raised in French culture where failure is not really valued it was not easy. Not because of people or friends who were very supportive, but just me…

Honestly running away from Paris and learning code in Bali was some kind of escape, but I really wanted to gain knowledge on how people do business in other cultures. Being in Paris, at Station F at the heart of the French entrepreneurship was great but I wanted to learn from other entrepreneurs outside Paris and outside France. I didn’t really knew what I could expect but I didn’t want to hear about marketplaces and dressmakers anymore.

2019, new year new challenges!

I finally made it to Le Wagon Bali and I had the chance to be part of such a crazy team of Le Wagon Batch #217 with whom I almost spent 24/7 during 2 month. 18 people (teachers included) coming from all over the world (Brazil, UK, Ireland, Korea, Indonesia, USA, Italia, India, France, Thailand, Germany). Everyone had such a great story to share and such a great experience I could learn from. I felt blessed to be in the middle of such a diverse melting pot. During the boothcamp I finally had the great pleasure the re-code from scratch that project I failed last year thanks to an amazing international team (Korea, Ireland and UK) who really believed in this project. We even presented it during our demoday. A month after the end of the boothcamp we are now about to test it in Korea, Japan, UK and South America.

Not only the Le Wagon Bali brought me knowledge on how to code my marketplace my-self but I also had the opportunity to share 2 month of my life in an intensive yet immersive experience. This great team of international people really helped me getting over my recent episode turning it into a strength. Not sure about the outcome of my project yet, but it doesn’t really matter. That was the best therapy and the best entrepreneurial lesson I ever had.

• Jonny Gates  User Photo
    Jonny Gates • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I joined Le Wagon in pursuit of a long term goal: to become a developer. I’d spent time trying to complete online tutorials with varied success. I then spent nine weeks immersed in a fun environment, with peers on the same journey as me, supported by some of the best tutors I’ve had the pleasure of working with. I learned more than I thought I could.

Le Wagon isn’t just about teaching you to code. The curriculum is rounded as such that what you learn is totally applicable to anyone who wants to work in product development. It provides you with the knowledge and resources to be able to create awesome digital products whether that be pitching, design, user experience and more.

Le Wagon is a big commitment. For me it was a big step to leave a job to go back into education but my advice is just do it, and the sooner the better! The bootcamp is not easy, but it’s so rewarding.

I leave Le Wagon able to pursue a career as a developer, with a new set of friends with whom I’ve shared an incredible journey and a community of developers to call upon for support. I say leave, Le Wagon’s never really over, I’ll be seeing everyone for beers this Friday ;)

• Patrick L  User Photo
    Patrick L • Freelance Product Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

My name is Patrick, I studied entrepreneurship and I’m now pursuing my entire career in freelance. I work happily as a Product Owner, Product Manager or Change Management consultant.

I had been in a tech environment for a while now, from which I was missing the codes (no pun intended!). The more I dove into technical projects and the more I became frustrated not being able to access the code and fix minor bugs myself. Moreover, in order to write and document issues for the developers, I spent a lot of time reading and listening to technical stuff that I didn’t understand fully. Common sense can only bring you so far, sooner or later you end up saying something stupid to a developer’s ears and wasting everyone’s time.

I knew I could find all I wanted to learn online, however those links had been sitting in my favs for a while and deep down I knew I would never get to it. I needed someone to kick my ass into learning to code. That’s why I chose Le Wagon.

The most important thing Le Wagon brought me was inner peace: since the training I feel a lot more legitimate and I can gain the developers’ trust more easily because we have some common grounds.

I am very satisfied with the training. Le Wagon gave me a good technical background that allows me to participate in software architecture decisions, access and search the database, facilitate bug tracking and most preciously understand developers’ work with all its inherent frustration, pain and joy.

• Amazing!
    - 4/3/2019
    Cariou Pierre  User Photo
    Cariou Pierre • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Before joining Le Wagon bootcamp I had tried many things studing medecin, then dentistry, and ended up in a business school. I quit each time. After this, I spent six months doing almost nothing apart from thinking of what I could do, what work I could love doing in the future, that brought me to candidate to Le Wagon.

After the first day of bootcamp, I knew coding would be a source of joy for me and I was sure I made the right choice. During the 9 weeks of the bootcamp, I met amazing people who I will keep in touch with and developed tremendous coding skills relative to the time I spent learning (I’d never written a single line of code before). The whole bootcamp has been an amazing experience, and a game changer for my future.

I’m currently continuing work on the final project we pitched and developed during the last 10 days of the bootcamp. Whether it works, or it fails, I’ll keep coding and keep learning everything I can about coding. This is my new universe now, I love it, and I’ve been introduced to it in a perfect way with le Wagon!

• Elie  User Photo
    Elie • Product • Graduate Verified via GitHub

At the end of my studies in business school, I had as project to become product manager, but I didn't have the skills that allow me to communicate and understand the technical teams. That's why I joined le wagon that seemed to me the best option to achieve this goal. A short training, intense and covering all the concepts necessary to be a good product manager. My choice is quickly proven to be the right one, the methodology makes us quickly rise in competences, the structure of the courses is innovating, and allows everyone to advance to the same level. So these are two months that have not only been a period of training, but also a human adventure that opens doors and mind, where we do not imagine learn as much.

• Florian Herlicq  User Photo
    Florian Herlicq • Product Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I have done the bootcamp in Paris in 2017 (Batch #100) and those are 9 weeks I'll never forget. I have learned so much about programming, product development and entrepreneurship in 9 weeks. In addition to that le wagon is a really awesome community full of inspiring and welcoming people. Being an alumni is really nice because of all the perks and activities that continue beyond the bootcamp. I would strongly advise anyone seriously interested in programming to enroll in le Wagon's bootcamp.

• James Devereux  User Photo
    James Devereux • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Before deciding on Le Wagon Tokyo I had scoured course report and quora for bootcamp recommendations, and procrastinated on which bootcamp to choose for over two years. It's practically impossible to know which bootcamp to go with when they all have 5-start reviews, but let me outline why I was so glad I went with Le Wagon and why it may also be the bootcamp for you.

Simply put, the value they deliver is incredible for the price you pay. At only 9 weeks, you might question whether it's enough time to truly 'master' full-stack development. Well, the truth is you won't master full-stack development whichever bootcamp you take because that takes years and years of working in a real job. If this is what puts you off then don't let it, because you gain everything you need to get going in those 9 weeks. What you learn in the first 6 weeks is enough of an overview of the main areas - server-side programming in ruby, front-end html and css, databases, javascript and ruby on rails - to actually build impressive products. In the 3 final weeks you form teams and build products which is exactly what you need to be doing - not languishing in months of prep work before you actually build anything as other bootcamps might have you doing.

Here it is worth mentioning that the quality of the curriculum is really impressive. Having worked as a teacher for over 10 years, I am used to seeing poorly produced teaching materials, but LWs are totally on point. Each exercise is described well and has tests to check your code works correctly, and there are extensions so you'll always have more to come back to to hone your skills even after you finish the bootcamp, as well as a free course on the popular javascript frontend framework React. There were also teaching assistants on hand for when you and your partner got stuck, and they were always totally capable and helpful.

Now I have to mention the other big thing that sets Le Wagon apart from the competition - they coach you on product design, pitching, and developing a minimum viable product from scratch. I've heard of another popular coding camp on here where the final demo day was a disaster because the products produced were so poorly conceived. This wouldn't happen at Le Wagon because of the continuous feedback they give you on your products, and because they make you pitch your product multiple times before the public demo day so you have a lot of opportunities to refine it.

In my case, I pitched an educational product that I'd wanted to build for ages before I came to the bootcamp, and actually got voted for by my classmates and so was able to build it. The whole thing was an incredible experience of turning what was just an idea in my head, into a concrete and valuable product. Now the bootcamp is over LW are giving me advice about how to continue developing my product and launching it as a start up. There is also a huge community of alumni from past batches and you get automatic membership to slack channels where you can continue to network and get notified of jobs in your city and around the world.

Overall, I was left with an impression of a company with integrity who deeply care about what they are doing, who are not just in it to make a quick buck, and who have become one of the most popular bootcamps in the world because they are offering so much value. I feel like the team in Tokyo of Doug, Sylvain and Paul were particularly awesome, but I'm confident that you'll experience a similar degree of awesomeness wherever you take it. Final note: I put 'not applicable' for job assitance because job interview coaching and introductions to recruiters are not part of the official program, and could differ based on locaiton. In Tokyo, LW did however give us a ton of help and resources for help with landing our first job including introductions to recruiters, how to write our resume, posts about networking events (post bootcamp also), and one-to-one advice on any job offers we had.

• William Kneapler  User Photo
    William Kneapler • Sales • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    Buenos Aries is a new location for Le Wagon (first batch in mid 2018) The maturity of the Buenos Aries program is there. I would 100% recommend taking Le Wagon in BA or anywhere around the world (My worry was that since BA was such a new location for Le Wagon that it might not have had all the kinks worked out. The truth is that the founders train all instructors so well you can’t go wrong with any of their locations.) The lead instructor for this course is Sebastain Sempe who has incredible patience and is a talented teacher. Also a shoutout to Sam Levy the TA who was incredible!) The student to teacher ratio is 1 to 4 which worked well. (I never felt like I had to wait long to get help on questions) The program is intense (60 hours in class a week, but it's totally doable) It’s all in English. You need to be fluent in English to take this program. Take the pre work seriously and try and time it so that you finish the pre work right before the program starts (if you start the pre work too early you will forget most of what you learned. The course moves so quickly that any extra work you do before the camp will help make some of the concepts familiar)  No bootcamp will make you a coder straight out of the camp. You can reasonably get a job 2 - 6 months out (you will need to practice and work on your own projects) This bootcamp focuses on Ruby (Ruby on Rails is the framework, you will also learn CSS, HTML, JavaScript and some SQL) Don’t get to caught up in the debate of wether you should take a bootcamp that focuses on Java Script or Python rather then Ruby. It’s true that Ruby is not as popular as it used to be but it’s probably the easiest langue to learn (also it’s a very powerful, probably the best langue for create MVPs). Coding is already hard as it. Staring in Ruby is a smart thing because of its user friendlies. You can move into less friendly languages after the bootcamp if you like coding.
  • Hannah  User Photo
    Hannah • Student and Entrepreneur • Student Verified via GitHub

I took place in #batch 213, Bordeaux, France @ Le Wagon after finding out about it from a friend who had taken part in winter 2018 Paris program. I will never look back on this experience. It has given me so much confidence, inspired me to love learning and hard work, especially within a team, and finally to take ownership for my own progress. I entered the batch as perhaps the least likely to fit the stereotype or profile of a web developer or a coder, I was the youngest and I was the only foreigner (half English and Spanish, but thankfully fluent in French!) This did not stop me from putting myself out there, and I managed to pitch a successful project that we created in the last 2 weeks of the 9-week program. My group of 4 developed 'Concierge At Sea', an app to improve clients' experience renting super yachts, and to facilitate an easier working day for the crew managing their guests' needs. I did not expect to make such genuine friends on this course, and the profile of those who I worked alongside surprised me daily as we were shuffled between buddies. The course is structured, empowering and totally worth every penny. I thoroughly recommend anyone sitting on the fence to take the step and go for this!

• Benjamin  User Photo
    Benjamin • Fullstack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Before Le Wagon I was working as a digital marketer. I got bored and decided to do something else. I’ve been interested in computer programming my whole life and so I decided to join Le Wagon. This bootcamp had the best reputation in Paris and in the world so the choice was easy for me.

Joining Le Wagon was one of the best choice I’ve made in my life. It helped me gain technical skills but I also met amazing people. I would recommend it to anyone.

And if you’re afraid that you won’t find a job after it: 2 weeks after the end of my batch I found a job as a Fullstack developer in a brand new startup (and I’m not the only one..) !

• Awesome!
    - 3/28/2019
    Ryo Fujiwara  User Photo
    Ryo Fujiwara • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I enjoyed my time at LeWagon, in Tokyo.  I had previous experience in the website design, so the front-end was not hard, but the back-end was hard, especially the first couple of weeks, when it was all Ruby.   But you can ask the teachers and the TAs to get you through the exercises - they are there to help!  I'd think there are at least two in every batch that can be ahead of everyone else because of their skills or their previous backgrounds, but don't get stressed over in completing all the exercises - you don't need to complete all in one day - you can come back to the exercises later.   Also, one teacher was nice enough to talk to us about it.  If you are strong in front-end, don't stress yourself into being a full-stack developer.  You will have access to exercises even after completing LeWagon.   If there is one con to talk about, it is the management of the final project, simply because at least in our batch, it was never discussed.  Creating a nice work schedule (two weeks is tough though) would be a plus in completing the final project of Ruby in Rails.

• Perfect !
    - 3/28/2019
    QLGordon  User Photo
    QLGordon • Graphic Designer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I'm an graphic designer by training, after a few years abroad in a developing country, I decided to enroll at Le Wagon Bootcamp in Paris to get familiar with programming languages and broaden my range of skills.

This experience was even more enriching than I had imagined. The training is demanding and sometimes tough but I have always been able to rely on the goodwill and expertise of the great teaching staff.

Retrospectively, I am still amazed by the quantity of knowledge that I have gained in 9 weeks. I also built bonds with many students with various backgrounds from my batch and I think it is one of the great strengths of Le Wagon.

Since then, I work as a consultant for various companies and individuals. Not only as a graphic designer but now also as a developer.

• Anna Hercot  User Photo
    Anna Hercot Verified via LinkedIn

People wonder how 9 weeks can change your life, le Wagon is how.

I graduated from Northwestern University, in Chicago last June with a major in neuroscience and have since been determined to become a doctor. However, I believe that the classic path to medicine lacks a tech aspect that I wanted to settle during my gap year. I was told about Le Wagon, a nine week intensive bootcamp that gives you the necessary skills to create your own projects using the right tools and workflow. In the medical world, it is believed that “computing capability can transcend what a human being could ever do in their lifetime”. Le Wagon teaches you how to teach your computer to learn with the most competent teachers you could hope for.

The different backgrounds that you encounter at Le Wagon make you grow as a person and teach you how to tackle different problems with a variety of interpretations and solutions. People don’t compete with each other, they only help you compete with the person you were the day before. Not only does Le Wagon give you the technical competence to accomplish your projects, but the environment fostered drives you to constantly improve. The staff is here for every single student every step of the way:  from helping create a dynamic environment between the students to presenting you with a myriad of opportunities to accomplish what you want(organized talks, meetings with startups etc..) to giving you advice on any help you could potentially need, and making themselves completely available. I have never worked with a team so dedicated to the success of the students.  You are taught to never give up but to fight harder to succeed.

Le Wagon gave me some of the technical skills that I wanted and taught me that nothing is impossible. I am now doing a bootcamp in machine learning and artificial intelligence (Data science), to combine it which the coding skills I learnt at le Wagon in order to bring that to the next step of my medical studies and to constantly help the medical world evolve in the right direction.

Le wagon doesn’t last 9 weeks, it lasts your whole life. You build very strong links with the people that you work with everyday and with the family that you’ve become part of. The staff stays constantly available: before, during and after to accompany you and make sure you have own the keys to your success, the alumnis are always willing to help, to give you advice and to share their stories: everyone is here to help. I’m extremely grateful for what Le Wagon has taught me, both technically and humanely and wish everyone to have such a life-changing experience.  Contact me if you have absolutely any question I could answer/help with.

• Yejin Jung  User Photo
    Yejin Jung • Freelance Web Developer • Applicant Verified via LinkedIn

Network - the course is not the end. I was surprised to see the community of 4,000+ alumni so active online where people are willing to help each other on programming, career, even just a short visit to another city where Le Wagon campus is based in.

Curriculum - Each time we learn a new concept, they let you build things from scratch by yourself first so that you see what’s behind all the magic. Also, they advance the level pretty fast - we start building small apps from week 2! It was tough but definitely helped build an architectural mindset from the beginning.

All the learnings lead to product building, which I think is essential for a full stack developer. There is a sprint day on user journey, user flow, design, wireframe and we were given two weeks to build a mock product and a real one for demo day. Our project team learned and enjoyed the journey so much that we decided to carry on with the project to launch it after the program. I think it wouldn’t have been possible without the confidence and encouragement we got throughout the course.

Last but not least, Le Wagon has a campus in Bali! Even though this was one of the main reasons I chose Le Wagon, I didn’t imagine it would make such a difference. Nature, lifestyle and people in Bali made this experience so much more inspiring. I was able to pursue a balanced life between coding and healing.  We had yoga sessions outdoor regularly to get our poor brain and body burnt out by coding some rest. Being away from everything else, I could fully immerse into coding and the Bali team helped me adapt perfectly to Bali life and enjoy the experiences that I should not miss in here.

• Nicolas SEKRI  User Photo
    Nicolas SEKRI • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I graduated from Telecom ParisTech but I was not very familiar with code as I haven't been practicing for years. After a 5-year experience in the catering business, I decided to re-learn to code (nearly) from scratch by choosing to enrol at Le Wagon. I took a great pleasure while I was quickly moving forward. The steady immersion in an environment  full of traps and spanners, the quality of the provided tools that is perfectly customised to the teaching of this practice, the great skills of the teachers and their ability to adapt to beginners to better help them to assimilate new concepts, the consistency of the teaching modules and their timeline, the nice work environment where the spirit of co-operation and comradeship is present from day 1, all these elements actively contributed to make me learn not only the basics enabling me to launch a decent web app on my own, but also make me acquire such a taste for coding that I could start a safe transition in web development, and only 2 months after the bootcamp I got hired as a junior developer in an very promising startup.

I urge everybody to join a coding bootcamp once in a lifetime, even out of curiosity, to discover how the web, one of the most precious and used tools, works and Le Wagon has an unquestionable know-how to make this experience truly exciting.

• New beginnings
    - 3/27/2019
    Zac H  User Photo
    Zac H • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    Before Le Wagon I was working dead end jobs at minimum wage. I always had a passion for computers but I always failed to understand computer programming. Last year I was looking for coding bootcamps to join in Montreal. I found Le Wagon due to their reputation around the world, which made my decision on joining the bootcamp much easier. Once I started the bootcamp after 2 weeks, I was discouraged because each day I had something new to learn I felt like I couldn't keep up. By the time the fouth week came around I understood more and became confident that I can complete the bootcamp. Overall I'm glad I went through this experince and I would do it over again. Now I have the skills of a Full-Stack Developer to start my new career.
  • A turning point
    - 3/27/2019
    Livia Lörtscher  User Photo
    Livia Lörtscher • Full Stack Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Before starting the bootcamp, I worked for years in international trade, mainly in supply chain management. In Brazil, Switzerland and France, I jumped from company to company several times until I realized that I was getting bored at work. But more than that, I needed to have autonomy in my work and not be limited to lengthy processes, hierarchies and meticulously delimited hours.

It became obvious to me that I needed not only to change my career, but to also learn something new that would not cease to stimulate me, in an innovative and dynamic field… then I heard about Le Wagon. Enrolling for the batch #220 was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made in my life.

They say the first 3 weeks are difficult, it’s actually worst than that. In the beginning, I thought that coding was after all maybe not for me! That’s when the pedagogical team and the environment played an incredible role, and everybody pushes you to go beyond your mental boundaries. Asking for a Teacher or an Assistant helps you to formulate the right questions and find your own solutions. The school’s methodology is very well developed and the learning curve does not stop rising. At the end of the second week, I remembered my first day there and I was amazed at the progress I had already made.

Being challenged and solving problems every day was one of the most exciting adventures I’ve ever experienced. It’s very intense, but rewarding when you see how much your brain can learn in 9 weeks.

Besides the different languages, many other skills I’ve learned and the projects I’ve been able to develop from scratch, I’m now part of a strong and empowering community.

More than that, thanks to Le Wagon, I now have the tools to define a whole new career and I regained the freedom to invest myself in what really motivates me.