Amsterdam, Bali, Barcelona, Beirut, Beirut, Belo Horizonte, Belo Horizonte, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Chengdu, Copenhagen, Dubai, Istanbul, Kyoto, Kyoto, Lausanne, Lille, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Madrid, Madrid, Marseille, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Munich, Nantes, Oslo, Oslo, Paris, Recife, Rennes, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Singapore, Stockholm, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Toronto

Le Wagon offers 9-week full-time and 24-week part-time courses in Web Development and Data Science at 39 campuses across the world. The 24-week part-time course meets on weekday evenings and Saturdays. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.

Graduates of Le Wagon's Web Development bootcamp will be proficient in Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, APIs, Github, and Heroku. The bootcamp requires 60 hours of online work to prepare for the course. In two months, web development students will be able to build several web applications, including a clone of Airbnb and a personal project. Graduates of the Web Development bootcamp go on to become developers and product managers. Graduates of the Data Science bootcamp will be proficient in Python, SQL and be able to implement Machine Learning algorithms. They go on to become data analysts, data engineers, and data scientists. The bootcamp requires 40 hours of online work to prepare for the course.

• Data Science Course - Full-time

LocationAmsterdam, Shanghai, Brussels, Paris, Bordeaux, London, Lisbon, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Montreal, Berlin, Lyon, Tokyo, Marseille, Belo Horizonte, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Oslo, Singapore
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic mathematic & programming background required
  • Web Development Course - Full-time

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby, SQL
    LocationMadrid, Rennes, Shenzhen, Chengdu, Bali, Kyoto, Amsterdam, Shanghai, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Dubai, Stockholm, Brussels, Paris, Bordeaux, Lille, London, Lisbon, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Nantes, Montreal, Berlin, Lyon, Tokyo, Marseille, Belo Horizonte, Milan, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Tel Aviv, Barcelona, Oslo, Lausanne, Singapore, Seoul, Munich
    Minimum Skill LevelNo minimum skills required
    Prep WorkRuby track on Codecademy
  • Web Development Course - Part-time

LocationBrussels, Paris, Bordeaux, Lille, London, Lisbon, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Nantes, Montreal, Berlin, Lyon, Tokyo, Marseille, Belo Horizonte, Milan, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Tel Aviv, Barcelona, Oslo, Lausanne, Singapore, Seoul, Munich
    Minimum Skill LevelNo minimum skills required
    Prep WorkRuby track on Codecademy
  • Audrey Gourdji  User Photo
    Audrey Gourdji • Web Designer & Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Now, six months after camp and six months into freelancing as a web designer & developer, it’s hard to believe that this time last year I didn’t know how to write even one line of code. So how did I get to where I am now? I know it might sound overdramatic, but I feel like there was my life before Le Wagon, and my life after Le Wagon, and both feel worlds apart.

Life Before Le Wagon

After graduating from university in my hometown, Montreal, Canada, I moved to Beijing, and then subsequently to Shanghai in 2015 when I started working as a buying assistant for a luxury fashion multibrand. After about a year and a half, I started itching for something with a little more responsibility and creative freedom, so when the opportunity to join a founding team on a fashion startup arose, I jumped on it.

Working at this startup was an intense and valuable experience for me, and acting as the product manager, one of my responsibilities was to manage the tech team building our main product. Out of all my duties, I found communicating and managing the tech team to be the most difficult, or at least the one task I knew that I could definitely improve at. In an effort to learn more of anything within the tech space, I attended one of the Le Wagon public workshops “How to Build a Landing Page in 2 Hours”. I loved it! I was so fascinated by how a few lines of code could translate into my own website (an ugly one, but still a website!). The workshop is how I discovered Le Wagon and I told myself that if ever I had a gap in work, I’d join the bootcamp.

Sure enough, a few months later, the start up didn’t work out and instead of looking for a new job straight away, I decided to join Le Wagon and develop my tech skills so that I could become a more experienced and knowledgeable product manager/start-up founder/fashion e-commerce owner/insert-whatever-job-title, seeing as tech experience would only help in any of the potential future jobs I could think of for myself.

Life During Le Wagon

I started the 9-week bootcamp in October 2017. The first few weeks were hard. We were learning Ruby and as I found some things logical, I found most things too abstract for my visual mind. It was a lot of frustration and a lot of reminding myself to be patient and do my best. In fact, dealing with frustration (which really is just learning how to learn, find answers, and unfrustrate yourself), patience, and doing your best, ended up being some of the most important takeaways for me from the camp, and are probably the most applicable now after I’ve graduated as well.

For those who don’t know the Le Wagon structure, every morning we have a lecture for 1-2 hours, and the rest of the day is spent working on practical exercises with a partner paired at random. This course set up is designed to replicate the real world, and is what strengthened all of our abilities to learn how to learn tech. What does that mean? We don’t get fed answers, the same way that would never happen after you graduate. First, we must try and find solutions to issues on our own, then by asking our partner, then by writing a ticket online calling for help to one of the teachers or TAs as you would in a tech forum like Stack Overflow.

Apart from the rigorous training, Le Wagon also set up various talks and company visits that we were incredibly lucky to get the chance to be a part of. I very quickly realized that Le Wagon is much more than a bootcamp, it's a far-reaching community and network of helpful, intelligent, and passionate individuals. The community and network aspect is the biggest contributor and reason I was able to move into freelance so seamlessly right after camp.

Life After Le Wagon

Time since finishing Le Wagon has flown by, but in a good way. After a much-needed break and visit back home at the end of camp, I still wasn’t sure whether I’d look for a new full-time job, or end up pursuing freelancing. I decided I’d return to Shanghai and freelance as I look for a new job, but the day after returning, one of my good friend’s from camp who had gotten hired by a startup company as a developer got me a freelance project with his company doing front-end work. This snowballed into a second project, and then a third, and then I soon had little to no time (or desire) to look for a full-time job anymore.

I’ve definitely learned the pros and cons of freelancing over the last few months, and have constantly had my boundaries pushed, but that’s what has forced me to learn and grow post-camp. Most importantly, as was so valuable during camp, the Le Wagon community and network has been the biggest change in my life. Not only do I have all this new knowledge that opened a completely new realm and sea of opportunity, but I also have these incredible supportive peers, many of which have become some of my closest friends.

A year ago I would have never believed I’d be doing what I do now, and now I can’t believe that I didn’t know much of anything about tech a year ago. Like I said, I feel like there was my life before Le Wagon and now there is my life after.

• best decision
    - 7/5/2018
    Ladhari Oussama  User Photo
    Ladhari Oussama Verified via GitHub

struggling to learn web development by myslef and looking forward to brush up my skills more efficiently, I came across Le Wagon coding bootcamp and it was for me the best decision that I have taken lately . With a very complete program and setup, a professional platform including efficient well organised order to study different needed tools for a web developer , highly skilled and experienced teachers, also I got the chance to have such wonderful classmates and a best teacher assistant !(who become a real friend: Douglas).

And once an alumni you have access to very huge community and forever support from teachers and assistance to get job or to start your own startup.
    I advise anyone who really would like to understant coding and web development to choose le Wagon!
    Arigatou gozaimau le Wagon

• Joy  User Photo
    Joy • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

My experience with Le Wagon Batch 144 in Montreal has been amazing. The curriculum and staff had made it possible for me to learn web development in the simplest and most effective way. It provides the students with the skills that it needs in the tech industry, which does not only include a strong understanding of back end and front end development but also a strong group work ethic. Moreover, Le Wagon has such a big community of likeminded people that it continues to benefit those who have graduated from it. The ability to connect with over 3000 alumni worldwide through slack benefits you as many alumni’s are willing to lend a hand and help you in things such as tech advice or jobs. The 9 week program instills in you the tools you need to start a career in the tech industry and the network to lean on. I loved my experience with Le Wagon. I got all the skills I wanted and I would recommend this program to anyone who asks.

• Benoit PRIGENT  User Photo
    Benoit PRIGENT • Full Stack Developper • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Hey I’m Benoit 👋

I attended the Wagon course in March 2018 in Paris.

I am 22 years old and I am still not graduated from my business school. Wishing to evolve in a web environment, I decided to join the Wagon as early as possible because I was particularly frustrated not having any technical skills 😳

I am passionate about beautiful web products and fluid UX and I wanted to join a B2B Saas start up as a full-stack developer intern.

This is why I joined Workelo, and as soon as I arrived I find out myself to be operational really soon !  Since then I have been learning every day really easily thanks to the robust pedagody and mindset provided by the wagon. 👨‍💻

But above that,  what makes the greatest strength of the wagon is the “community”, I met within my batch very inspiring people from various backgrounds!

Long life to the wagon 😍🎉

• Hedi van Meurs  User Photo
    Hedi van Meurs • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I was in batch #143 of Le Wagon in London.

For the past ten years, I have tried to make a career out of teaching and translation. After a decade, I realised that this isn’t my passion. I’ve always really enjoyed anything computer related and I’m very interested in IT. I seemed to pick things up pretty fast in the past, but I think the fact that some people have been coding since they were 13, and I have not, always kept me from trying. The fact that it is a very male dominated industry also didn’t help! When I finally decided to take the plunge and try, I researched which coding bootcamp in London was the best. Le Wagon kept coming out on top.

I knew that the course was going to be hard, I didn’t doubt that at all, but I may even have underestimated a bit. Being bombarded with new information every single day was a big challenge. I even dreamt of coding every night during the entire course! However, I really enjoyed learning all these new and interesting things, and being able to actually use a skill you’ve just learnt after two weeks of thinking it is an impossible task is an amazing feeling. It really helped that, besides having such a tight team of amazing teachers, my fellow students were also extremely motivated and helpful. Especially the other women on the course really helped me through it!

The final weeks, where you spent time working on a project in a team, were great. It’s amazing to see how everyone has their own strengths within a project group, and it felt really good to see our app coming together so nicely. In our batch, we were the only group who created an app towards helping people rather than making money, and I’m very proud of that. The app is designed to be a crowdfunding platform for people who are homeless, to make them a profile and get the items they need funded. Hopefully, someday we can deploy our app for real and help people.

If you are interested in learning to code I would very much recommend Le Wagon. The atmosphere is great and afterwards, you’ll be part of a coding community for life. Don’t expect it to be easy, but you’ll learn more in nine weeks than you ever thought was possible.

• Change Your Life
    - 7/5/2018
    Graduate Studies in Business and Finance  User Photo
    Graduate Studies in Business and Finance • Process Director • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I lived in the US for 9 years were I pursued my undergraduate degree in Business and later on my MBA and Master's in Science of Finance. After 2 years of experience in the steel industry I worked in process management and business development for a private business group dedicated to Retail and Real Estate (3 years) were I got to travel to places like: Portugal, Brazil, South Korea, Switzerland, Ireland, China and Hong Kong.

Joining Le Wagon has been the best decision I have made and would advice a younger me to have joined this industry years ago. Now that I'm a FullStack Programmer I can freelance, join any industry or startup I want.

The community of Le Wagon is friendly, collaborative and connected to high-profiles that can open doors everywhere. Lose the tie, put on your Nike's and come join Le Wagon.

• Alexis W  User Photo
    Alexis W • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I was part of Le Wagon batch 101 in Paris in October 2017. This has been super profitable and definitely worth the money and time investment. I am super grateful to the whole Wagon team for building this program, and I have already convinced lots of friends to follow me.
    The main thing I would like to highlight is the efficiency of their learning method. In only 2 months, we are able to learn a whole new set of skills, which make us very autonomous when working on personal projects. I honestly didn’t expect we could go this far in 2 months: getting the same results on my own would have probably required more than a year and a huge amount of motivation. I joined Le Wagon as I was planning to launch a startup: what I learned at Le Wagon is enough to build a first version of my product and be the CTO of my company for the first 6-9 months, until I meet the person who will take it to the next technical level. The knowledge we have is enough to handle pretty much any tricky situation, and in case you do get stuck, the whole Wagon community is here to help ! Teachers and alumnis are always willing to help, even months after you left the program, which is one of the main benefits of being part of the community.

The efficiency of their learning program is based on amazing teachers, all driven towards making things crystal clear, and perfect tools. The online platform where you can find the course content and do your daily exercises is very handy. I think all schools should get inspiration from how things are done at Le Wagon !

Last but not least, there’s a great atmosphere and the place is very nice. They organize lots of events (talks, parties, …) where you can get in touch with inspiring people and meet new friends.

In short, I can only strongly recommend Le Wagon to anyone willing to learn how to code, and can’t think of any downside about it.

• Elsa  User Photo
    Elsa • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    After completing a Master’s degree in Visual and Digital media, where I I learnt the basics of graphic design, photography and video production, I had the opportunity to work for a major media company in Gabon as a communication officer. I very much enjoyed my experience, and I mainly created content for social media and print advertising. I worked with Photoshop, inDesign and Premier. I realized that what I really liked, even more than the final result, was the process of using those tools. I liked the technical aspect of creating visual content. So, I decided to go all in and learn how to code! Le Wagon was an amazing learning experience! I can’t imagine how much I learned in only 9 weeks. I am now able to code a web app, but I also have the tools and basic knowledge to go deeper and learn new skills. Le Wagon opened a whole new world of opportunities. We had the opportunity to meet key actors in the start-up environment, to meet alumni and ask them questions on what to do next and better understand the skills you have after 9 weeks, and to have several events to really get to know the people in your batch. Le Wagon is also an amazing community always available to help you, either in job search or for any technical questions. I am now looking for a job in Singapore and the community around the world is helping me and putting me in contact with who they know there. While I find a job, I am doing some freelance work as a Full Stack Developer and at the same time being a Teacher Assistant at Le Wagon.
  • Patricia  User Photo
    Patricia • Applicant Verified via GitHub

Le Wagon was a fantastic experience which taught me incredible skills for the future.
    I registered for the class as an entrepreneur looking to get a better understanding of coding to interact with developers.
    Not only have I learnt to understand and interact with them, I am now even able to code the first version of a product.
    The teaching methods at Le Wagon are truly unique and adaptive to make sure that you progress with all students. The teacher are of great quality and really follow you. Thanks to Le Wagon, I developed great coding skills in both back-end and front-end development, and I also had the chance to meet two amazing co-founders which whom I am embarking on a new adventure. I strongly recommend this boot-camp for anyone who wants to learn coding, meet tech-interested driven people, and take on a new turn!

• Hien-Chanh  User Photo
    Hien-Chanh • Front-end developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Moving from Paris to Tokyo for this bootcamp and the beginning of a new career, Le Wagon went beyond my expectations, with an extremely complete program and setup, an impressive platform including efficient, motivational and entertaining challenges and tools, highly skilled and experienced teachers, a very active community of more than 2K people sharing valuable information including diverse events and job opportunities. I truly loved the experience, feeling I learned, improved and completed something new each day. I've really spent unforgettable 9-week with a lovely staff and classmates, and now I'm confident and can't wait to become a skillful developer. Arigato Le Wagon!
    PS: The dedicated page of our batch here: https://www.lewagon.com/demoday/147

• Sonia Montero  User Photo
    Sonia Montero • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I graduated in Digital Marketing and Project Management in April 2017 and started working in an IT startup in Paris as a Growth Hacker. It was an exciting experience where I had the ability to overcome constant new challenges but I felt I was still lacking something - I just didn’t know what.
    During that time, I kept hearing about Le Wagon and their impressive learning system to teach coding in only 2 months. As I wanted to evolve and improve my technical profile, after reading the positive reviews of the bootcamp, I was easily convinced to leave Paris after just 6 months of work to join the first batch of Le Wagon in Bali in January 2018.

You should know 4 things about the bootcamp:
    First, the amount of new knowledge you have to acquire can look scary at first sight, but the learning platform of Le Wagon is so well-structured and efficiently organized that you can easily understand and find all the information you need to get through your daily exercises.
    Don’t get me wrong: it’s not going to be a walk in a park since the program is fast-paced, and you must stay focused on your final objective. The days can be really long sometimes - up to 9 hours - and sometimes the one-day weekend is really short, but at the end, you will realize how quickly you learnt all those concepts you were frightened of at the beginning. After the first month, you will even be surprised by all the things you can now handle on your own. And during the last weeks, when you are working on your own projects (and that’s truly the best part of the bootcamp), you won’t even recognize yourself in the way that you work and think. You will feel so proud of yourself, I promise.

Second, you will never - ever - feel alone. At any point. The buddy system will make you feel you are always supported, and sometimes even challenged. Everyday you will pair up with a new student to go through a new challenge, struggling together when you have an issue and celebrating together every time you overcome it.
    Moreover, the teachers and teacher assistants are brilliant and full of patience. They have several approaches to the same topic and will always find the right path to explain things in a way that will make sense to you. They know how to make you remember the concepts you just learnt and how to help you release some pressure.

Third, the environment. Bali is a wonderful place, with its pros and its cons - but you’ll find mostly pros. Working on a paradise island on the rooftop of a hotel with a wonderful seaview and a supportive staff team who tries to make your life in Bali easy will make a great difference in your state of mind. During your free time, you will have the possibility to go on an adventure or to go for a chilling and relaxing day in some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world. Yoga, volcano trekking, surf, massage, etc. - just take your pick! Isn’t that mad? I could never say enough how important this point was for me.

Finally, this bootcamp is definitely going to change your life! This is an unforgettable experience. I met a lot of extraordinary people there, from the students to Le Wagon’s team. And today I’m employed as a web developer and digital marketer working on the app that we built from scratch during the last two weeks of the bootcamp!

• Sammy  User Photo
    Sammy • Student entering his final year. • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The year is 2017, edging ever so close to the end of the year. The average human being is either preparing for quality time with the family or hatching a way to enter the new year less sober than the last time. A young sapling of a man faces an ever-pressing dilemma however, he is on his 3rd our of 4th year in his computer science course where he’s attempted but failed to secure a placement for his industrial year. Distraught and frustration were but a sample of the many emotions our young man was experiencing at this point in time, however back to his senses he realises he isn’t a fool and starts looking for solutions. He realises he cannot possibly hope to perform in his final year without any experience to lighten the load and so opts to take a year out to clear his head and possibly self-teach himself (oh how naive our protagonist was). Four months pass now and his discipline was as far down as antarctica. Re-assessing himself he realised all too late that his optimal form of learning was with others. At that moment the woman who gave him life rung him at the crack of thunder. Almost reluctantly he picked up the phone to hear something that would remain on his mind for the next week. “Instead of just sitting idly by why don’t you join this coding bootcamp I came across ? They’re rated as the best bootcamp for new coders in the world!”. The young man revolted at the thought of this suggestion; “Me ?” he thought, “A Computer Science student who’s done at least two years worth of studying?” His pride took a huge blow, he automatically assumed he would be a laughing stock if he took the suggestion seriously. Then as time passed he arrived at the painful truth that although he has studied the theory behind computers and algorithms he hadn’t actually done enough in terms of hands on experience, something that his industrial year was supposed to provide. Penultimately, after much deliberation our protagonist decided to grow some balls and apply for a spot in the Le Wagon london batch of January 2018. Ladies and Gentleman I am the young sapling of a man in this story. Pleased to meet your aquaintance.

So to begin the actual review ! As you can see from the short story directly above I was very wary and weirded out with applying and coming to the Le wagon bootcamp especially because I myself was a computer science student. I felt ashamed at myself for considering it because it meant that I didn’t have confidence in the skills I built up for my two years on the course. I soon came to the conclusion that there was no harm in doing it since I wasn’t being as productive as I could have been by myself.

Then came day 1, where we set up our computers with git. For windows(masterrace) users like me there was an additional setup of linux, which I was already familiar with but never actually followed through and started working with it. This was just to set things in motion however, the second day is when the camp truly began. After a morning lecture we would be given coding challenges based around what we were taught and just coded. At first I was a tad perplexed, mainly because it was more hands-on than I expected, I had never learnt via this method and so it took a good day to settle in to a daily routine. Through the first two weeks I felt that I was re-learning and also learning new things even from basic programming practice. I was quick on the uptake but actually taking my knowledge to create a solution from it was one of my biggest flaws I found early on in the course. To put it more simply I always came up with a long-winded and redundant method to solving an issue instead of looking for a straightforward and efficient method. Luckily the Teachers and TA’s issued by Le wagon have a special quality to them because they’re highly reliable in terms of both teaching and when I was stuck on an issue. Had I still trying to practice by myself I would have encountered problems that would have taken me at least an hour to fix; At Le Wagon it takes no more than 10 minutes as the winding path to a full stack developer opens up.

The events of the first day repeat itself for the next couple of weeks through essential topics like OOP, Schema design and SQL, Middleman, AJAX etc. Some days would have me feeling like it’s the end of the world but there was also a good chunk that left me with more anticipation than dread for the next day ( the same as others may attest to on their normal work day). The environment quickly became familiar to me as one of the better working and collaborative ones in my recent memory, and as such it nurtured some of the most creative and friendly people i’ve met into full fledged developers.

Although this is advertised as a coding bootcamp it is not 100% just that. With free hookups and talks with industry devs it offered far more than they actually put out. This included activities from yoga sessions to them taking care of the bar spend for the coursemates on a friday night. I have made some life-long friends and joined a fast growing network of developers through this course, something that I was not inclined to venture into at first. I would highly recommend Le Wagon to anyone looking to learn how to code with people at the same level, It wasn’t a walk in the park by any means but it is an excellent first step to anyone willing to put in the effort.