Le Wagon is a 9-week Ruby on Rails focused bootcamp based out of Paris and other various locations. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants will join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.
Recent Le Wagon Reviews: Rating 4.99
Recent Le Wagon News
- New Year, New Career? Learning to Code in 2019!
- November 2018 Coding Bootcamp News Podcast
- October 2018 Coding Bootcamp Podcast
In PersonFull Time9 Weeks
- Start Date
- September 23, 2019
- Class size
- Madrid, Oslo, Rennes, Kyoto, Lausanne, Shenzhen, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Berlin, Milan, Chengdu, Bali, Mexico City, Tokyo, Marseille, Casablanca, Belo Horizonte, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, Montreal, Shanghai, Lyon, Nantes, Tel Aviv, Lille, London, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Lisbon, Barcelona, Rio de Janeiro
- Tuition Plans
- Payment in two or three installments depending on the Campus policies
- Minimum Skill Level
- Prep Work
- Ruby track on CodeCademy
- Placement Test
More Start DatesSeptember 23, 2019 - BrusselsApply by November 22, 2019September 28, 2019 - LyonApply by February 29, 2020September 30, 2019 - LyonApply by November 29, 2019September 30, 2019 - AmsterdamApply by November 29, 2019September 30, 2019 - AmsterdamApply by November 29, 2019September 30, 2019 - LisbonApply by December 6, 2019September 30, 2019 - LisbonApply by December 6, 2019October 5, 2019 - LisbonApply by March 21, 2020September 30, 2019 - CopenhagenApply by November 29, 2019September 30, 2019 - CopenhagenApply by November 29, 2019September 30, 2019 - MadridApply by November 29, 2019September 30, 2019 - TokyoApply by November 29, 2019September 30, 2019 - TokyoApply by November 29, 2019January 13, 2020 - TokyoSeptember 30, 2019 - RennesApply by November 29, 2019September 30, 2019 - Mexico CityApply by November 29, 2019September 30, 2019 - Mexico CityApply by November 29, 2019October 1, 2019 - Mexico CityApply by March 3, 2020October 5, 2019 - LondonApply by March 21, 2020October 7, 2019 - LondonApply by December 6, 2019October 5, 2019 - MontrealApply by April 4, 2020October 7, 2019 - MontrealApply by December 6, 2019January 13, 2020 - MontrealOctober 5, 2019 - LilleApply by March 21, 2020October 7, 2019 - LilleApply by December 6, 2019October 6, 2019 - Tel AvivApply by December 12, 2019October 6, 2019 - Tel AvivApply by December 12, 2019October 12, 2019 - Tel AvivApply by October 18, 2019January 5, 2020 - Tel AvivOctober 7, 2019 - BordeauxApply by December 6, 2019January 6, 2020 - BordeauxOctober 7, 2019 - LausanneApply by December 6, 2019October 7, 2019 - Sao PauloApply by December 6, 2019January 11, 2020 - Sao PauloJanuary 13, 2020 - Sao PauloOctober 7, 2019 - BerlinApply by December 6, 2019October 7, 2019 - ParisApply by December 6, 2019October 7, 2019 - ParisApply by December 6, 2019January 6, 2020 - ParisOctober 7, 2019 - MelbourneApply by December 6, 2019October 14, 2019 - MarseilleApply by December 13, 2019October 14, 2019 - MarseilleApply by December 13, 2019October 14, 2019 - ShanghaiApply by December 13, 2019October 14, 2019 - ShanghaiApply by December 13, 2019February 10, 2020 - ShanghaiOctober 14, 2019 - SingaporeApply by December 13, 2019October 14, 2019 - BarcelonaApply by December 13, 2019October 21, 2019 - BarcelonaApply by December 20, 2019October 14, 2019 - NantesApply by December 13, 2019October 14, 2019 - NantesApply by December 13, 2019October 14, 2019 - NantesApply by December 13, 2019January 18, 2020 - NantesOctober 15, 2019 - Rio de JaneiroApply by December 14, 2019January 13, 2020 - Rio de JaneiroOctober 21, 2019 - ChengduOctober 21, 2019 - ChengduOctober 21, 2019 - MilanOctober 21, 2019 - ShenzhenApply by December 20, 2019October 21, 2019 - ShenzhenApply by October 21, 2019January 13, 2020 - Buenos AiresJanuary 20, 2020 - BaliApril 13, 2020 - Bali
Le Wagon Reviews
1154 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- A course everybody should take !- 11/5/2015Karine Bialobroda • Web Developer / Art Director • Graduate • Campus: Paris
No matter where you come from, no matter how old you are, learning to code is currently a powerful lever to develop your skills. "Le wagon" is the best way to start or improve quickly, with the best practice.
An amazing team of teachers, nice coding buddies to work with, many talks with well known entrepreneurs, "Le wagon" does everything that has to be done to help you build a project, or to start a new life as a web developer. After 9 intensive weeks, you can achieve almost everything you want, continue learning on your own, and be connected to a huge network of developers and entrepreneurs.
I am a graphic designer and thanks to this tremendous experience, I acquired a real dual skill.
I highly recommend it to you !
- High Quality Coding Bootcamp- 11/5/2015Edward Schults • Graduate • Campus: Paris
Le Wagon is the best way to quickly learn how to develop a complex web app from scratch.
You don't need to know anything about coding before entering the bootcamp.
The program is very well conceived:
- you get to spend enough time on the basics to understand them
- you learn how to use powerful tools and frameworks, and you get to understand how they work
- you get to develop an Airbnb copycat in 5 days
- the last 2 weeks are dedicated to your personal project where you get high quality assistance from Le Wagon's instructors.
In the middle of the program, you spend one day learning lean approaches and product management techniques, and the last day is the Demo Day where you get great feedbacks on your product (coded in 2 weeks!!).
I personnally developed my project during the program: https://www.lovely-hood.com :)
Today I get to develop web apps as a fullstack freelance developer, and I still have time to work on my personal projects in parallel.
This program is perfect for entrepreneurs struggling to get a prototype of their website: at the end of the 9 weeks, you'll have yours for sure!
- Becoming a developer- 11/5/2015Thomas • Web developer • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
I attended the second bootcamp at le Wagon. It has been a terrific experience which has allowed me to launch my product and find a job as a web developer.
The strongest asset of le Wagon is the team. The teachers are all great with a strong background in programming but also on design, product or business. They will help you through all the setps from being a complete noob to being a fluent rails speaker. Setting up your computer, algorithms, back-end development, front-end development but also working as a team using git and agile methodologies or grow your consumer base using growth hacking techniques.
After 9 weeks, you'll be a profficient rails developer and have the tools to learn more languages in an effective way and also become a real product guy.
Alumni from le Wagon have become web developer, entrepreneur, growth hacker or product manager. And whatever they do next, they've all learned things they find valuable in their daily work.
In three words, le Wagon rocks!
- Learn to make a great stuff- 11/5/2015Vincent • CEO • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
- Amazing coding school- 11/5/2015David Geismar • web developper • Graduate • Campus: Paris
I followed the wagon course at the beginning of 2015 in Paris. The course content is great, the teachers are great, the athmosphere is amazing.
I met a lot of motivated and inspiring people and I gained the necessary skills to developp my project and work as a fullstack web-developper.
- Great methods to learn coding within 9 weeks- 11/5/2015Ilias Hicham • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
- Thomas Ceccaldi • Co-founder • Graduate • Campus: Paris
Great staff, well designed program, inspiring meetups.
What I learnt :
- how to code
- how to develop a great product
- to adopt a lean approach
Much recommended for entrepreneurs. I also found a co-founder among my classmates. You can see now our project here : www.roadstr.fr 😊
- Jump on the Wagon- 11/3/2015Batch 8 Alumni • Graduate • Campus: Paris
After getting my liberal arts degree and worked in advertising as a creative, I was looking for a way to get into the digital world in a more serious way. I stumbled upon Le Wagon and it was everything I was looking for. Here's 3 reasons that sum it up:
1) The program is very, very solid. It won't make you a star developper over night, but if you put in the work, it's very rewarding. But you have to be ready for a high pace learning environment. The online infrastructure used to store the material and complete the assignments was excellent when I attended, and it's even better now, with access to online video classes and a ticket system to get help whenever you need it in class.
2) The teachers. They're all very friendly and eager to teach noobs like you and me both the basics and the finer points of coding. They bring an energy and enthusiasm to the table that is infectious. Special mention to the CTO in Paris who is the best teacher I've had period since high school.
3) The network. Le Wagon is all interconnected on Slack, and the alumni network is alive and kicking. Initiatives are done by students to help each other. Moreover, they've developped a dedicated online platform for alumni to stay in touch and help each other. The network alone might be worth the price of admission, it's the gift that keeps on giving way past the 9 weeks the program takes.
- Best educational experience of my life- 8/18/2015Martijn • Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Brussels
I graduated with a bachelors degree in economics and had my own startup before the age of 25.
After I sold the startup I was convinced I wanted to become an entrepreneur again.
All of the ideas I had involved some IT knowledge. It was either learning it myself or spend the rest of my life trusting other programmers and spening a lot of cash.
I decided to pick up programming in a regular University. The amount of programming I got was very dissapointing. I finished my first year and my final exam for programming was to build a simple calculator app.
That's when I realised this wasn't going anywhere. I started doing some research and found LeWagon.
The bootcamp is pretty intense but that's exactly what you need when you want to learn something quickly.
Some people didn't keep up with the pace but the program provides additional coaches to help people who fell behind to still get the maximum out of the bootcamp.
Fast forward 9 weeks later, I created my own website with all these awesome functionalities.
And the best part is, you can pretty much do anything you want after this bootcamp, because they teach you a mindset of how to learn to tackle your own IT problems.
The most remarkable thing I realised is that over the few years I was an entrepreneur I hired a few web developers to make my projects.
The total cost of these projects would probably be around 30.000EUR. After the bootcamp I realised I could have done all those projects with ease on my own.
If you're thinking to yourself that you don't have the time to develop your own projects see this as the best investment you can make. The developers won't be able to misslead you and overcharge you for projects because you will know how much effort it will take.
Long story short;
If you want to become a entrepreneur: Do it, you will save a lot of money in the long run even if you don't have time to create your own projects. It will be a blessing if you need to brief or map out something.
If you want to become a web developers: Do it, the job assistance is good, although not perfect. You will struggle a bit at start because most companies will want to hire someone with experience. Your best bet is to try to get a 2-3 month internship at one of the companies they have connections in and then either work there full time or apply to other companies with a few projects in your portfolio.
- Founders start here- 8/9/2015Fred • CEO • Graduate • Campus: Brussels
As a non-tech management consultant I was looking for a course to help me understand how all these complex web apps were made. I wanted to be able to make my own.
Le Wagon Brussels was a great experience. It took me a lot of nerve to take the decision but I haven't regretted it for a second. The teachers and coaches are extremely kind and helping, the material is well explained. The pace is high but adapted to everyone's level.
I now run my own start-up ;)
- Great Code School- 8/6/2015Yves • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Brussels
Le Wagon Brussels is a great Coding school for entrepreneurs. They have good teachers and guide you through the most important pitfalls of coding. The main coding language (Ruby on Rails) is a great language to learn how to code from scratch and build your own products or prototypes. If you are doubting, don't doubt and just fucking do it. You won't regret it ;).
- THE programming bootcamp for entrepreneurs- 8/6/2015Alexandra • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Brussels
Intensive, focused, great material (impressive and high-quality), experienced instructors, great ambiance. I had no experience in coding previous to it and it was not a problem. Very motivated alumni. Also great networking events. I would definitely recommend it!
- What a great school- 8/6/2015Antoine • Developer • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Brussels
- great course
- great teachers and students
- great environment
9 weeks and you are ready to either, launch an MVP (for entrepreneurs) or work as a developer (my case, started working the following week).
Everything I was looking for in a coding school and more!
DO IT :-)
- Could not have expected anything better- 8/6/2015Guillaume • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Brussels
- Absolutely fantastic- 7/17/2015Nathan obadia • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
This 9-week training was amazing in every aspect.
Only 24 students. No background required. High-quality teachers. And the structure of the course (the progression, the material and the density) is very smartly done. I couldn't have imagined when I subscribed to this full stack course that I would get this incredible level.
but don't get me wrong, in order to become a professional backend developer you need to keep on coding, there is no magic. However this might be the best course you can find to get very quickly on the right path...
And on top of that the alumni population is superdynamic and reactive !!!
- Very efficient learning- 6/4/2015Anonymous • Student • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
- Do NOT go to Le Wagon!!- 8/23/2019Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Montreal
I am writing this in hopes to help others that are searching for a coding bootcamp. Do not believe the positive reviews - do not go to Le Wagon!!
The curriculum is outdated - you will learn Ruby and Ruby on Rails . Upon completing the bootcamp two months ago, I have met with over a dozen potential employers, all of which are shocked that we learned these programs. One of them even told me they thought it was unethical. I now agree with him. I met with one recruiter that has access to thousands of developer positions across Canada. He did a search in his database for junior positions with Ruby on Rails. Zero jobs were returned. He was doing this to prove a point to me and told me I should start learning other languages.
When I expressed my frustrations to the people running the program, they tell me that employers are looking for junior level people that are "willing to learn" and that it doesn't matter that we learned Ruby. Maybe this was true five years ago, but it is not true now. The market is getting saturated.
There is also no career support. I get occasional emails about junior level positions in Montreal from someone that works there, all of which require that you know React or some other language that we didn't learn.
I wish I could give this program less than one star overall - but it looks like I'm required to give it one. I chose this bootcamp because of the reviews, which after completing the bootcamp truly baffle me.
- Life changing experience- 8/17/2019Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Tokyo
Before going to Le Wagon, I was working as a marketer but have been wanted to do something else as my career. After 3 months of Le Wagon's bootcamp, I realized this is what I want to do as my career since it was so much fun learning coding. It actually changed my life! Teachers are great, and I noticed after I got a job, but the curricuram is also great. It's made to make sure everybody understands how pure ruby works and also it covers about database and oop as well. Now I got a job as a backend developer, and I really appreciate they covered those concepts as well since thanks to that, now it's so much easier to get my tasks done.
- Le Wagon Montreal- 7/6/2019Anonymous • Junior Dev • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Montreal
I did Le Wagon in Montreal in the Winter 2019 batch, and presently my brother is doing Lighthouse Labs. Comparing the two side-by-side I really wish that I had done Lighthouse instead.
Career-wise, there is some support from an administrative assistant, but the job I found was not at all through their assistance. They offer very little interview support and no training on technical interviews - because they say they are "startup" focussed. Almost all of the jobs listed on their placement board are in Europe, most in Paris. If you want a certificate, sure, do Le Wagon, but if you want a heavy-duty bootcamp experience, look elsewhere.
- Le wagon Bali is the best!- 6/27/2019Anonymous • Graduate • Campus: Bali
A few short months ago I sat in office in Sweden and I realised I needed a change from the monotony of my daily life, I work as freelance art director and have years of design and graphic skills in my toolbelt. I always believed if I could help build clients websites I would be the full package!
After speaking with some friends who worked with coding they recommended I look into Le Wagon bootcamp. They also believed that with my strong design background that I could excel at coding. My mind was instantly opened to world of possibilities. I figured that it would be smart to investment of my time to enter into a full stack developer course where I could quickly Learn this new skill.
I knew going into the bootcamp that it would be hard but it was way harder then I thought, and surprisingly I loved every minute of the challenges that I was presented with! During the course I received so much support from the TA and teachers. Everyone is there to make sure you succeed and will spend hours with you to make sure you grasp the 9 week curriculum. I am very thankful for all extra help I received! I finished the course have a strong knowledge which I continue to build upon.
Now I can say that I’am recent graduate of the le wagon Bali batch #253 I have successfully learned:
-Ruby on rails
-How to api are used, as well as JSON, and scrapping
-Relational databases, SQL, Postgres
-wireframes, prototyping, UI design
-test driven development
-git, GitHub, and technical workflow.
In additional to all these amazing new things I have learned, I have also gained a new community of friends and peers who I will know for the rest of of career/ life!
- Amazing experience - Le Wagon London- 6/25/2019Anonymous • Student • Campus: London
After studying business and working in various industries such as advertising and finance I finally decided to do the Wagon which I have wanted to do for a long time. I do not regret it at all as I have learned so many new skills, new coding languages and built a website with my team. It is quite intense but the whole support makes it a lot easier and the "buddy" system is also very nice as you work every day with someone new and meet very interesting people. Everyone is there to learn and happy to be there which is extremely pleasant. The ambiance is very good and the teachers are amazing. Really feel part of the Wagon family and recommend the Wagon 100% to everyone that thinks about it !
- Exactly what I needed - in every way- 1/10/2019Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Kyoto
I had the best experience at Le Wagon bootcamp, at its first Kyoto batch.
In terms of the learning, I was surprised to see how I started from a complete beginner ( I didn't even know what the different programming languages are), and within 9 months could build an app that I wouldn't have even thought was possible to build. I like my app so much that I am currently working on it further to see how I can commercialize it. What made the learning experience great was that the teachers at Le Wagon are knowledgeable and dedicated to each person's learning, and the curriculum is well designed in a way that makes you enjoy the process of learning how to code. For me, my objective from learning how to code was never to be a developer, but to work on the commercial aspects of a tech company and be able to work seamlessly with the product team through a deeper understanding of the technicalities. I managed to fulfill this objective - and much more, in terms of my technical knowledge - and has proven to me invaluable in my current job.
But Le Wagon is not just about teaching you how to code - it also helps you plug into the tech community in the city through various events and meetups with startups and other tech companies in the city, which has been extremely helpful as I was thinking through my career move.
And finally, Le Wagon was an extremely fun and enriching experience. As the first batch in Kyoto, we had a small group, and we had a lot of fun together, going for dinners on weekdays, going out on weekends, and doing trips to nearby cities. Added to this, a chance to be in Kyoto - a beautiful and serene city - made my 2 months an amazing experience. Le Wagon was exactly what I needed - in every way.
- Perfect to learn modern coding- 10/17/2018Anonymous • Student • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
I already had some skills in coding websites, I had already been a front-end developer at the beginning of my career, before moving to other paths. When I decided to go back to programming, I needed a serious update and I didn’t know where to start.
I finally chose to attend a bootcamp, as it was the most efficient way to be back on track. I picked Le Wagon after a very long benchmark, I checked that the program matched the expectations of a moving tech market, and I found their stack was clever, mixing powerful technologies with up-to-date best practices. I was not disappointed.
Their style is quite unique, they teach to code but they also teach to focus on the product. A website is an intricate complexity of technologies, user experience and design. There, you learn to deliver ambitious project that people can really use.
I am a freelance developer now, and happy to be so.
- Le Wagon changed my life for the better- 9/28/2018Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
Not knowing exactly what I wanted to do after school, I went to study law for 4 years at La Sorbonne. I was really interested in it but felt that creativity was missing in that field. Moreover, I was passionate about new technologies and had the dream of one day starting my own business. I was always getting new project ideas but didn't know how to make them live. I had tried to get in touch with developers, but without any knowledge in tech, I had little legitimacy and it was tough to convince them in joining my projects.
After going to many tech workshops and meetups, I heard of Le Wagon which sounded like the exact solution to my pain. At first, I was scared I would not be good enough to follow their program, because I had stopped studying maths for a few years. But I decided to give it a go anyway.
The training was fast-paced and required full involvement, the one that makes you feel you're pushing your brain to its limits! However hard it was, it was really worth it as for every minute spent there, I knew I was learning so much and getting real actionable skills that would enable me to create web products on my own. I felt as if I was getting magic powers!
On another level, it is also a place where I got to mingle with creative and motivated people who then became great friends.
As a result, I'm really thankful to Le Wagon as it helped me to make the switch to a new industry which better suits me.
- Le wagon - Paris- 9/24/2018Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
After my final internship in a Web agency as a Business developper (commercial), I was frustrated to be the one who speaks about digital stuffs, but, in reality, doesn’t know how it works.
As I was graduated, I decided, before looking for a new job, to learn a little bit more about programming language by myself.
I quickly decided to join the bootcamp offered by the Wagon. One of my old colleagues told me about it, and as the program was perfect for me (short but intense) : “Ok, let’s go !“.
No regrets ! The bootcamp was amazing ! It’s impressive how much valuable things you’re able to learn in such a short time. Once more, I’ve met incredible people, Thanks Le Wagon.