Amsterdam, Bali, Barcelona, Beirut, Beirut, Belo Horizonte, Belo Horizonte, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Chengdu, Copenhagen, Kyoto, Kyoto, Lausanne, Lille, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Madrid, Madrid, Marseille, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Nantes, Oslo, Oslo, Paris, Recife, Rennes, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Singapore, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Tokyo

Le Wagon is a 9-week Ruby on Rails focused bootcamp based out of Paris and other various locations. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants will join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.

Graduates of Le Wagon will be proficient in Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, APIs, Github, and Heroku. Le Wagon requires 40 hours of online work to prepare for the course, and in 2 months students will be able to build several web applications, including a clone of Airbnb and a personal project. The bootcamp focuses on bringing coding skill to creatives and entrepreneurs with the ambition to build their own MVP and/or challenge their future dev team.

• Coding Bootcamp

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby
    Start Date January 5, 2020
    LocationMadrid, Oslo, Rennes, Kyoto, Lausanne, Shenzhen, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Berlin, Milan, Chengdu, Bali, Mexico City, Tokyo, Marseille, Casablanca, Belo Horizonte, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, Montreal, Shanghai, Lyon, Nantes, Tel Aviv, Lille, London, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Lisbon, Barcelona, Rio de Janeiro
    Tuition PlansPayment in two or three installments depending on the Campus policies
    Prep WorkRuby track on CodeCademy
    January 20, 2020 - Bali
    April 13, 2020 - Bali
    February 10, 2020 - Shanghai

• Emile Karam • Student

I took part of Le Wagon boot camp Paris batch #59 in the scope of my entrepreneurship major at HEC Paris. Joining Le Wagon was the best decision I made during the year. The program allows you to develop:
    -    A solid basis in coding, ruby on rails, html, CSS, Javascript, SQL…
    -    An overview of product management
    -    A strong network of web developers extremely united and helpful for future projects

Wanting to launch my startup right after graduation my goal at Le Wagon was to learn how to work with a technical team and develop a prototype that I could show to potential investors. Thanks to Le Wagon it is mission accomplished, we are now incubated at Station F.

At Le Wagon, the program is built in a learn by doing format that promotes team work. Each day you start with a one and a half hours’ class then immediately put in practice your learnings by solving exercises with a class mate. This helps build strong bonds with your colleagues and learn how to code within a team which is key to succeed in future web development jobs. The culmination of the program is coding your own prototype within a team of 4 people. The experience is amazing because it gives you a taste of product management and the role of a CTO within a technical team.

If you are looking to enrol in a coding boot camp don’t base your decision only on the languages you want to learn. There are tons of tutorials out there to learn whatever you want. What is important, in my opinion, is the boot camp’s teaching culture and the tools and network they provide you with to successfully accomplish your goals when you leave the camp. I highly encourage anybody considering joining Le Wagon as it is an experience that will continue to give you benefits even after the 9 week classes.

• Julie Ehrmann

I took part in Le Wagon’s Fullstack Bootcamp as a member of the Batch #48 in Paris between January and March 2017. When I joined Le Wagon, I was taking a second gap year during my Master in Management in Paris, after having worked for a year and a half in Finance, Business Development in a Tech start-up and Venture Capital. Throughout my experiences, it quickly appeared obvious to me that if I wanted to specialize in Entrepreneurship (which I did), coding was not an option but an obligation.

I had heard about Le Wagon from a friend of a friend about a year before, and as the idea of learning how to code was growing in my mind, I soon realized that the duration (2 months of intensive courses) as well as the program (fullstack bootcamp) perfectly fitted my needs. I contacted several Alumni, all very helpful, who comforted me in my decision to apply to Le Wagon.

And here I was, on January 2nd 2017, at the 16 Villa Gaudelet in Paris, discovering the 39 other students of all ages and professional backgrounds I would spend the two following months with…

You’ll see, studying at Le Wagon is rather demanding, as you will have to be perfectly focused during the morning classes if you want to understand and do the exercises successfully in the afternoon with your Buddy of the Day – especially during the first three weeks of the Bootcamp. But don’t be afraid: learning a new language following Le Wagon’s way is probably the best way to do it! Indeed, as the weeks pass on and your work assiduity stays the same, you really get stimulated by this feeling of gaining new skills every day, thanks both to the Teachers and the Teaching Assistants who are always monitoring your work and helping you when needed.

On a broader perspective, at Le Wagon, not only do you learn how to code, but it’s also a way to :

• get to meet amazing people, both alumni and fellow students,
    • discover more about the start-up ecosystem through the events hosted at Le Wagon,
    • and realize that as a student, you can indeed produce technically high-quality projects after only 9 weeks of coding (the last two weeks of the Bootcamp being dedicated to personal projects by groups of 3 to 4).

I probably wrote too much already, but I could follow on like this for a long time in order to convince all of you that learning how to code is probably the best decision you’ll ever make (at least it was for me), as it will open up amazing job opportunities for you, and there is definitely no better place than Le Wagon to do it !

• Julien Pauss • Student

As a CEO of my start-up, I always have to face technical challenges. After a few researches, I discover Le Wagon that supplies the perfect technical bootcamp. 9 weeks to become full-stack developper with a focus on technologies commonly used by startups.

My experience at Le Wagon Montréal was really amazing. On the one hand, it offers intense classes and challenges that allow you to understand clearly front end and back end web development. On the other hand, you share with other students from all over the world the same goal during 9 weeks; it is like a second family. In my batch #63 there were students from the US, UK, Belgium, France and of course Québec !

I highly recommend to join Le Wagon; the bootcamp could open many doors in your career path. It has been one of the most exciting experience in my life !

• Friso Jelsma • Graduate

My background lies in sales where I first came in contact with a group of programmers in Malaysia. I was fascinated to see how a dedicated team of programmers, testers and designers were able to create a tech solution that helped companies engage with their target audience. The idea to work in a team and create a custom made solutions from scratch appealed greatly to me. Choosing Le Wagon as the place to learn how to code turned out to be a great decision.

The bootcamp is well organised by people that truly care about their students and teachers. The teaching material is phenomenal, they basically succeeded in creating a summary of the internet on how to code in Ruby, Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, jQuery and much more. There is a structured approach for every module, day and exercise. Everyday you team up with one of your fellow students which creates great teamspirit and group dynamics but also improves your learning curve.

The teachers are absolute specialists in their field of work and share a enthusiasm in teaching. They help you to think like a developer and look for solutions in the online documentation rather then just giving you the answers. In the final weeks of the Bootcamp you will team up in groups of three to build a web app from the ground up. This team effort is, in my opinion, one of the most important learning experience. You will have to apply most of your knowledge and work together by dividing tasks and merging changes online using Github.

Finally, the community of alumni’s, teachers and students is truly remarkable. On the different Slack channels people share interesting articles, job opportunities, and you can ask for help with any specific problem in the #help channel. Also there are plenty of meetups where you can stay up to date on any new developments in the field of tech and also social events like wall climbing. Whether you want to become a developer, build your own product or any other reason, I would highly recommend to join Le Wagon.

• George Devedlaka • Creative Technologist • Graduate

Le Wagon was an incredible experience for me. I joined the course shortly after leaving school and was looking to leave with the freedom to create my own projects or pursue a career in development, that was exactly what I got. I now have the opportunity to work for Salesforce in California.

Before the course I had a bit of knowledge on HTML and CSS after building a few simple websites for people. However, these 9 weeks totally transformed my knowledge and capabilities in web programming.

We had a really amazing class where I made some good friends. The teachers were incredible and always gave 100%. The last 3 weeks of working in teams and building your own projects is a unique experience. After a very testing first few weeks you can't believe we actually built our own products in such a short period of time.

I left Le Wagon with great technical skills, a great experience and I would wholeheartedly recommend Le Wagon to anyone seeking these things.

• Dev ROR • Graduate

A look back at my experience at Le Wagon.

I joined Le Wagon in October 2016. Before that, I had a rather traditional background. I studied marketing in a business school then had a bunch of internships/part-time/full-time positions in the food industry. What was the trigger for me? Well, I met an alumni from Le Wagon during a Startup Weekend and we discussed about the lack of developers and my desire to be able to build my own projects without depending on "the technical guy". Following this discussion, I went to an evening talk at Le Wagon Paris office which just validated my choice of joining the program. Being stressed by nature :slightly_smiling_face: I anticipated a bit. I send a mail to Le Wagon in April, I ran the interview and had finished the ruby preparation track by May. All the lights were green, I patiently waited for the bootcamp to start and quit my job.

On 9th October, I started this crazy 9-week journey into code. Being back to school, I was a bit worried on the new things I would have to learn (I have never been a Maths person). The days were dense, very dense, but time was flying as we were learning new stuff and discovering the fascinating world of programming coding 10 jours every day. The quality of teaching and the teaching material itself are amazing, and made me keep my feet on the ground. We practiced lots of Ruby of course, but also HTML/CSS/Bootstrap, JS/jQuery, learnt how to integrate various API, and finished with 4 weeks using the awesome Rails framework.

People in my batch were great. Every day I was discovering someone new thanks to Le Wagon's "buddy system", forcing us to pair program. And besides the cold winter, we were often motivated to have a dink (maybe several!) after a challenging day of code. We organised a diner, a Christmas evening, and most importantly we helped each other every day! No one was left behind! Everyone in my batch had a different background: business school, musician, students in literature, engineers, truck driver! I hope Le Wagon will continue to mix profiles like this as it is one of the biggest strengths of the program in my opinion.

I came full of ambition, I wanted to build social networking website for sharing prayers. It was a bit unusual as a bootcamp's project but I managed to find 2 partners to code it for the last 2 weeks of the program. A great success, a kind of a condensed entrepreneurial adventure. You eat and sleep with your project in mind, you remain on slack to chat with your partners all day and night, you tend to get stressed, you argue, you celebrate when you implement a new feature, you cheer each other up until the final pitch! To sum up, I loved these 9 weeks, and especially the last two when everybody fully realized all the work that had been done the previous weeks.

While looking back at this experience, I don't have any regrets making this decision at all and I'll advice anybody wanting to learn coding to do the same.
    What's next for me? As for now, I am launching a freelancing career in parallel with preparing the launch of Bless Me.

• Carolyn Johnson Orosz • Graduate

Le Wagon was hands down one of the best experiences and investments I’ve made. Prior to Le Wagon I was working as a business analyst at a financial company. I worked with software engineers every day and I was interested in how software development is done but didn’t have the technical know-how. This inspired me to get more technical and kick start my career as a software developer.

The course absolutely surpassed all expectations I had. I feel it gave me very applicable skills and 9 weeks later I know how to build an application end to end. In addition to gaining all these skills I also got to meet a great community of entrepreneurial and fun people.

The week after bootcamp I was invited to interview at 3 companies for junior software developer positions. If you’re keen to kick start your career in software development, can’t recommend Le Wagon highly enough!

• Clément Bruno • Graduate

Before joining Le Wagon I studied Finance in college and accumulated several work experiences but I 've always been convinced that technologies shape the future of all industries. Also, I had a strong interest in computer related stuff and was kind of a geek. This partly explains why, after I graduated, I felt the need to gain real knowledge in the programming field. Also, I’ve always been impressed by people who were able to « talk to » computers and was kind of frustrated I couldn’t understand a damn thing when listening to them. I was eager to learn but couldn’t afford to spend several years in college again. This led me to investigate in all the possibilities which were open to me. After quite some time spent reading articles and comments I knew I wanted to enroll in a bootcamp… The only thing left was finding which one was the right fit for me. As I kept reading, I learnt more about the different technologies and began to be interested in ruby since, at the time, someone told me that my favorite website (airbnb) had been built with ruby on rails. This is how I enrolled at Le Wagon after I saw that the bootcamp had great reviews on several sites.

Now, more on the content of this bootcamp. I had a great time there and learnt a lot in a very short amount of time. The environment is very stimulating since you are gathered for 9 weeks with brilliant people with very diverse background which contributes to make the experience even better. The curriculum is rock solid and taught by teacher who « know their stuff » to say the least. The approach is very well built since it starts with core programming courses during the first 3 weeks aiming at allowing you to be able to solve problems building algorithms from scratch with ruby.

After this first block, you start learning technologies related to the front-end side of websites, which is the part of the program that the most creative people usually prefer.

Once these two first blocks completed it’s time to link everything together. This is when you start learning rails (i.e. ruby’s most popular web framework) and experimenting the construction and deployment of websites with an actual back-end.

The whole curriculum is really hands on because, let’s face it, if you want to learn programming it really is the only way. The last 3 weeks of the program are dedicated to coding in teams on projects. This is when you start relying heavily on github and understanding the prime importance of versioning your code. A week is dedicated to the construction and deployment of an airbnb clone which can be anything you want as long as it is a marketplace or something related. For the record, my team and I developed a dating website. Then, the last two weeks are dedicated to an entrepreneurial project brought by the students themselves. In fact, during the program, a day is dedicated to students’ pitches. During this day, students who have a personal project can pitch it in front of the rest of the class. After this session, following their interest, people gather in groups of 4 or 5 to develop this idea. At the end of the 9 weeks, the demo day takes place. Every group presents its project in front of physical and virtual (the demo is live streamed) spectators. A truly enjoyable moment :)

The last 3 weeks of the program were the ones where I learnt the most since you have to use each and every technology you learnt and practiced in the previous weeks.

I am really satisfied with my experience and would recommend anyone who is hesitating to enroll.

• Not just coding
    - 4/18/2017
    Edouard de Beauffort • Graduate

Before knowing Le Wagon I was working at Ladbrokes (gaming industry) on offering customers new products. Obviously, every new product release had to come from the IT department and from developers. But daily meetings with them wasn't easy as computer science was hard for me to understand. Therefore, for a given product I had no idea of the necessary workload and I had no credibility among external providers. My frustration was at its height…
    Then, some friends told me about Le Wagon and its fast track coding course ending with a real product release. It was a good opportunity to learn quickly and in a structured way the art of coding. Besides, my colleagues and I had an idea for a new mobile game. This could be the perfect spot to build a prototype and to test its potential.

For the first 9 weeks of 2017 I joined Le Wagon's London bootcamp and started to learn coding. It was not an easy course, everything was new. Teachers however knew they had newbies in the classroom; their pedagogy consisted of every day short theory lessons and many exercises. Coding was fun and every day was perceived as an achievement!

Once the bootcamp was finished, I came back to Ladbrokes with a prototyped game and I also joined the IT department! I am now fully working on the development of the game, from defining its strategy to daily discussions with developers. I have gained confidence in computer science expertise and in every day discussions with the IT department.

One thing is certain; le Wagon is an incredible experience and brings you much more than only coding skills!

• Gauthier Levha • Entrepreneur • Graduate

'Change your life, learn to code'
    This may just sound as a good marketing tagline, but if you give yourself the means to achieve this goal, Le Wagon will come up above your expectations.

At the very beginning of my studies, I started to think about launching my own startup one day. For the past few years, the will to create something and be an entrepreneur has only grown in my mind. This idea kept flourishing when I was studying mathematics at Dauphine and then corporate finance and banking at EDHEC business school. I was lucky to work on an amazing music project « Get The Sound » with a great team, launching a broadcast channel and later on a music label.

I realized the end on my studies would be the right time to take a chance and start my company, but I was missing three important things: the team, the skills, the mindset. I got the right mindset by myself through reading, meetups, programs such as « Lion » by TheFamily. This is how I heard about Le Wagon, and I was convinced it was exactly what I needed for the next steps.

Starting in January 2017, it has been a life changing experience to me: not only Le Wagon kept its promises to bring me valuable technical skills to be able to make my ideas come true, but it was also a great human experience where I got to meet amazing people gathering from all horizons. Le Wagon gave me the tools to be able to learn by myself and to continue to move forward. It also provided me a great startup network, and a killer team. I am now launching my batch project, The Good Gift, with two friends met at Le Wagon: Alexandre and François. Besides, I am coding a website for Get The Sound, and I will be Teaching Assistant for the next batch. On a day to day basis, I can also benefit from the hyperactive Le Wagon's community.

So if you're ready to change your life and work hard to achieve your goals, go for it. Once you're on board, Le Wagon won't stop taking you further…

• Lucie • Graduate

I enjoyed a lot my experience at Le Wagon Bordeaux. I was then enrolled as a student in the batch 51. To me, it was a great experience, both humanely and professionally talking.

Humanely, it allows me to meet many people from every background and every age. People, both students and teachers, are for the most talented, enthusiastic, motivated and funny. It makes the atmosphere really cool. Besides, in my opinion, it is definitely a way to learn faster and easier. You really meet great people during Le Wagon. It’s a real human and enriching experience on that matter. Furthermore, you have many opportunities to maintain a relationship with people thanks to very regular meetings (every week) and web tools.

Professionally, I think Le Wagon is a real springboard. You get a very effective knowledge. Courses are not bullshit at all. The content is very serious, precise and useful. Whatever is your final objective, become a developer, get more legitimity to web products’ management positions, or launch your business, you won’t regret the journey. Everything is really very well thought out. I mean both the organisation, the courses by themselves but also the philosophy behind. For example, there is a great attention given to collaboration, which is to my view very useful. You also learn to promote and defend your own projects. Thus, there is a real entrepreneurial orientation given to the bootcamp in general, which is obviously very well considered. At the end, you will present your project in front of a great assembly composed by the students, the teachers, but also people from different business.

For the two last weeks, you will construct your own final project in a group of three or four. You will be surprised to see all the things you can achieve in only two weeks. It’s really incredible. For my part, I was in a group of four and we built from scratch an entire e-commerce site. The customer journey was effectively working from A to Z with in addition a great design and a great user experience. We were really proud of it and we had a lot of excellent feedback, including some fruitful ones !

So, as you may have guess, I definitely recommend Le Wagon. It’s an enriching and very concretely useful experience. Do no longer hesitate !

• Isabelle Bonnard • CEO ZADL

You are a creative individual and you don't have the tech skills to make your ideas real? You feel that your studies, even prestigious, haven't provided you these skills, focusing more on theory than practice? You want to change your life? Don't hesitate any more, just jump on the band wagon!

I made this choice 6 months ago and I don't regret it! After a MSc in Engineering, I spent 5 years in a consulting company before I decided to launch my own startup: ZADL, a service to plan paid events between friends.

In order to test this idea, I needed a fully functional MVP, and I didn't want to delegate the development of the product. Sadly, I had no programming skills to handle it on my own. At this time, I heard about Le Wagon from a friend very connected to Paris startup ecosystem. I made my own investigation calling a bunch of alumni! They were all extremely enthusiastic about their experience. I was convinced at this point and I just jumped in. I was part of batch 43 and did the 9-week course from October to December 2016.

In only 2 months, we went through all the basic skills a beginner needs in order to build a web application from A to Z. Ruby programming for the backend side, SQL for the database, HTML/CSS and Javascript for the front-end part, and also very useful product design tools like Sketch or Marvelapp. We also learnt how to collaborate within a developers' team using Github, and used Ruby on Rails to speed up our app development and not re-invent the wheel for every new web application. During the 3 last weeks of the programme, we worked on two projects, that we built completely and put in production with Heroku. One of these projects was my startup idea, http://beta.zadl.fr/.

In my opinion, Le Wagon made me save nearly 2 years compared to what I would have learnt on my own with online MOOC and tutorials. Le Wagon's program is really intense and requires a 100% commitment. But there is also a very cool atmosphere, with a team of dedicated and passionate teachers and teaching assistants. Besides the "coding" part, Le Wagon also connect you to a great community: young grads, artists, engineers who want to switch their careers... We all helped each other during the 9 weeks and some of us really became close friends. After Le Wagon, part of my buddies pursued their entrepreneur's journey, and a lot of them started working as developers, either doing freelance or in full-time positions.

To conclude, I would recommend Le Wagon to anyone willing to learn how to build a web application with a very thorough curriculum and an amazing students' community, that be for working on your own project or literally for changing your life!

• Carl • Student

Learn to code and change your life! 9 weeks and that’s it, you can call yourself a dev and realize any web app with your two hands? Sounds a bit ambitious but four weeks after finishing the bootcamp (batch#48) I can definitely confirm that this is true!  I have quit a comfortable yet annoying product manager position in the IT industry to jump into a fascinating but risky entrepreneurial adventure in the Travel sector. Le Wagon was a pivot in this adventure and gave me efficient technical skills. Thanks to the content and the quality of the bootcamp, I am developping a MVP on my own. I am about to show it to potential investors.  All I need now is to incorporate my company an test my product!

• Diogo Leal • Graduate

My experience at the batch#50 Le Wagon at Rio was amazing! Really a life changing experience. Before the bootcamp I couldn’t find a job and was actually struggling to find something I wanted to do. I’ve learned so much with the Wagoneurs, I feel like I can do anything right now.
       I was always interested in technology and what it could do, so I got into Mechanical Engineering school and looked for researches and extracurricular groups. But when I graduated at the beginning of 2016, I saw that most of the opportunities in engineering were on production, following orders and doing a lot of the same thing every day. Nothing in the area interested me much, but I still felt like I needed a job, so I got lost looking for opportunities without any focus.
       One of those job searches led me to find out about Le Wagon. At first I was a bit skeptical because I didn’t picture myself as a part of the start-up/entrepreneurship world and didn’t know how much they could actually teach me in 9 weeks, but I decided to apply just to learn to code better and hoping I could find a job as a developer afterwards. I am so glad I gave it a shot.
       I had some programming skills before the bootcamp, but now, after it, I consider myself a web developer. Not only we learned to write HTML, CSS, Javascript, jQuery and Ajax, we also learned how to build software from scratch with a strong and scalable ruby backend using the Rails framework. Something I also consider very important is that now I feel confident enough to look for solutions for whatever problem I may face on-line and adapt to my code, which happens all the time to developers. All of that using Git and Github to contribute with my batch and project buddies.
       Le Wagon gave me the technical skills with which I can now build any prototype and start-up any idea I have. During my time there I really found myself doing something exciting, with the help of awesome people. It really changed me personally and professionally. I recommend it to anyone who wants to learn to code. This is the place for that and much more.

• Amazing!!
    - 4/4/2017
    Rodrigo • Student

On July 2016, the company in which I worked as an engineer for years had to let go all of its workers. The Brazilian crisis hit us and it hit us hard. In that day I realized that the good old times of engineering had been left behind and that there was no use in looking for a new job. The country wasn't growing anymore, there was no money left and nobody was investing. Me, as a Construction Engineer, realized that I couldn't be independent, that there was no use for all those years that I dedicated to my work. I would always depend on the government, investments and big corporations.

Some weeks later I realized that I had to learn new abilities that would give me independence that would break that rope.
    That's how I restarted to study coding. I had learned a little bit on university, but the good old Pascal wasn't any good anymore.
    I bought some courses on Udemy. I started with python. I watched some hours of class but was a bit lost. I didn't know how to apply that on the real world and neither where I could use all those For, While, classes and objects.

I got tired of python and started trying to learn front-end. I thought to myself "Now we're good". I was really learning something from html and css but when I got to javascript and jquery then even though the teacher had really nice ratings on Udemy that was just not doing the job. Sit in my chair watching classes wasn't getting me anywhere - it was time to get my hands dirty.
    I started to look for on-site courses and I was introduced to the bootcamp concept. I found some really expensive ones in the USA that appeared to be very good, but it wasn't financially worthy for me. I then looked in Europe and found a French coding bootcamp called Le Wagon. And, to my surprise, there was a batch starting in Rio, close to my apartment.

I then researched innumerous reviews, articles, videos, instagram posts... everything that I could get my hands on. I only found good reviews and comments, so I decided to apply to the batch starting in January 2017 in Rio.
    After I got approved in an interview with one of the cofounders of Le Wagon Brazil, one of the mandatory pre-requisites was finishing up the Ruby track on Codecademy. During this course I realized that Ruby is a much easier programming language than all the others I had contact with. I liked it so much that I finished the track in a few days and one month before the begging of the bootcamp.

In the first days of bootcamp I noticed that the methodology was completely different from everything I had seen before.
    Their learning platform to start with - a system of exercises, examples, questions, classes, and everything you'll need during your course and resources that will help in your career. Everything is there.

Everyday classes start at 9am with one hour and a half well needed theoretical classes. We had 6 different teachers, every one of them teaching subjects they knew very well. After the theoretical part we jumped in to the real life exercises, some of them mandatory for the day and some more expert optional exercises. The platform has a buddy system so we can work in pairs, every day we had a different buddy, so we got to work with everybody - working in doubles is fundamental - the best way to learn is teaching.

The exercises were hand picked, not all the methods and solutions were in the classes, and so we had to learn how to dig in for solutions - like in real life coding challenges. We learned how to go through documentation, good old Google and our best friend stack overflow. That's how a developer works. Based in somebodies solution, we build our own.
    At the end of the day we did some live coding with the teacher, where we solved one or two extra exercises together - it was always really cool to see other students solutions and logic to the same problems.

During the bootcamp we learned necessary programming languages. We started with Ruby - we've build some software’s that worked on the command prompt - you know, that thing that looks really hacker like! We've learned to parse and scrap websites, I really loved doing that, and I scrapped many websites myself.
    Then we jumped in database, an elementary part of every software, we learned how to persist and manipulate the data.

Then we jumped into interface design with the frontend part, HTML and CSS helped us design our apps user interface. We also went through javascript and jquery, the old black command prompt got left behind and we could build good-looking web apps!
    In the 6th week, we finally reached Rails! This is the week where all the magic happens! Everything is connected and makes sense: Ruby, HTML, CSS, Jquery, Database. Everything is possible now!

In the last two weeks of the bootcamp we have to build a app from scratch. Every student gets to present as many ideas as he has in mind and the ones that get more votes from the students gets developed. We were divided in four groups.
    My group developed an app to order food and beverages in stadiums and events and get it delivered in your seat. We learned how to develop many interesting functions, like logins, payments, facebook interaction, etc. In two weeks, we had used almost everything we had learned in the 7 weeks before.

In the last day we had the opportunity to present our project to the public, with the presence of the press and even VCs, investors, and members of the tech community. Awesome!
    It's a long text but I really wanted to show you how everything felt!
    If it was worth it? Definitively! Some students got jobs, some launched their products and some are working as freelancers! I managed to become independent, as intended!

• Juliette • Fullstack Developper • Graduate

I graduated from a French Business School in 2015 and after a few years travelling and working as a business developer in tech companies I thought it was time for me to start learning again. I wanted to expand my technical skills and find a way to express my creativity.

In coding, there is always new trends to analize, new things to learn. A friend of mine who works in the tech and start-up scene in Paris recommended me Le Wagon. I was already living in Barcelona and I met Gus, the driver, who invited me to a demo day. I was amazed by the quality of the projects. I decided that I wanted to learn how to build a product from scratch and decided to join the next batch. That’s how I fell in love with the world of programming !

The first 2 weeks were tough. I had to jump head first into a brand new world full of equations and that I found very conceptual. But I soon understood that I will never be left alone with my problems. Becoming a developer comes with an amazing community always prone to share advice and to support you.

The program very well-structured: lectures in the morning, exercizes in the afternoon with the help of the teachers, and live-code in the evening as a recap of the day’s concept.
    The teaching was also top quality. The staff at Le Wagon Barcelona is skilled, supportive and enthusiastic, and I have been amazed by the teachers’ availability and dedication. There is a real sense of community that helped me throughout the bootcamp and since. This is more than a technical program, the bootcamp also teaches great product and project management skills : during the project stage I learnt how to define the easiest Product possible with an optimized user experience.

In a few words, Le Wagon gave me necessary skills and enough confidence to feel autonomous after the bootcamp to work on my own projects and keep learning: there will definitely be a before and after Le Wagon. I would recommend the course to anyone ready to start a challenging coding journey and discover an exciting community.

• Fremin Florian • Student

It's been a few weeks since I finished my training in the wagon in Bordeaux during the bacth #51 and today I confirm a sentence that I could see on their website: "You will learn in 2 months what you would have learned in 2 years".

After graduating with a degree in commerce, I wanted to reorient myself in an area that really attracted me but I did not want to go back on several years of studies. The ideal was to find a fast and qualitative training to get strong skills in web development and The Wagon was the key to succeed.

I had the opportunity before I graduated in marketing to do a year of computer science, but i realised that after a year I did not have real reusable skills.

9 January 2017, the adventure begins with 28 totally different people. The first few days are relatively difficult, we code, it works but we do not know how. More days passe and I realize that our level is really good. All that we were doing with difficulty and that we didn’t understand a few days later came basic elements that were mechanically realized with a real understanding.

We spend 9 weeks to think and work, we learn all that is necessary to develop a website from scratch.

The last two weeks are devoted to develop a personal project in a group. I was able to develop a survey application with impressive functionalities. The fact of being able to make it discover to other people was a satisfaction and a motivation to continue in this field, due to the complexity of the site and the final result that was incredible.

Today the training is over and the Wagon has been the best experience of my life. I have been able to obtain a relatively high level that I could never get without the help of the teachers but also the students who support during the 9 weeks and the network of more than 1200 people.

Thanks to the wagon for this new passion, this great atmosphere and these deciding skills that I added to my cv.

Fremin Florian, Alumni Batch #51 Bordeaux.

• Rui Jorge • Graduate

For those who are reading this, believe me when I say … this was one of the best EXPERIENCES of my life!
    Before I decided to apply to the bootcamp, I was an IT graduate that never worked at any corporate or company of that expertise. My life was in a Portuguese Insurance Company and later as an IT Teacher, who became unemployed.
    Since I finished university, the world of IT and Technology was always on my mind and I feel so lucky I discovered Le Wagon late December 2016 (one week before Lisbon’s bootcamp started!).
    I decided to make a life change, a new mindset for the future and Le Wagon matched all the requirements I was looking for.
    Since day 0, yes we had a day 0 which was a ice breaker session were all the alumni/ students got to know each other, the atmosphere was AWSOME … Shannon, Hugo, Nick, João were the best hosts and were crucial for the amazingly friendly, joking, organized, hard working group that all the ’49’ers' became (we were batch 49).
    Le Wagon is also the community - joining people in a tech environment, providing the best experience, and teaching to ensure a greater future ahead.
    Everyday was HARD work, with a lot of information, technologies to absorb and exercises to complete. Besides that we had Live Code sessions were all of us were called to do write some code to solve an exercise with the help of all our classmates.
    Every day fast paced, with a lot to learn, understand, implement, but in the end , it all came together. And in 10 days, me and three other team members created an app to send pizzas to protesters. It was impossible to even image I could make something like that before I joined Le Wagon. It was so rewarding to actually build it and present it to an audience at the Demo Day.
    All the technology taught at Le Wagon is up to date and really well explained during the morning lectures;. The curriculum is super well organised, focusing on all the important tools needed to start building app’s.
    Now that the bootcamp is over, I can say that all the sweat, stress, brain fatigue paid off … I gained new skills that the job market is anxiously looking for and I can even start my own company, wherever I want, now that I have more knowledge. I also increased my network and met new people (new friends ).
    Don’t hesitate to join the Le Wagon family. It is something that is completely worth it and will change your life in many aspects.
    Thank you Shannon, Carlos, Nick, João, Mathieu and all the T.A’s for the support, but most of all a BIG kiss to all you 49’ers.

• Annie Tsang • Student

My story with The Wagon began last year in a context that could only guide me towards what I was going to experience for two months during the training. I had left my job where I was a retail director in the cosmetics sector.

While I was quietly sipping a beer in a clandestine restaurant by the sea with friends, I was telling them about my dream to create a web platform on cosmetics, adding that it was now or never to realise this dream. The magic is that a friend of mine had just enrolled at Le Wagon Bordeaux and told me with great enthusiasm what this training was going to bring to him.

I therefore subscribed to Le Wagon Paris for the Batch#48 and from that moment I knew that I was entering a new universe, the universe of Code. Le Wagon's team helped me prepare so that I would not be lost on the first day. The program of the training is very rich because we learn a lot of things:  the back-end,  the front-end, to carry out a project from A to Z. This is a very intense training the first days because we learn new things every morning, which should be put into practice the same day. Even in the evening in my bed, I was seeing bits of code ...
    But I do not hide from you that in parallel with this learning experience there was another adventure to live at Le Wagon: a magical and human one, thanks to all the people with different backgrounds I met in my batch, and to the staff team that is passionate about its work and happy to teach us what they had previously learnt themselves. Quite simply, I was glad to get up in the morning to come to Le Wagon to learn and see all this little world because there was not the well-known pressure that I felt while working. These two months were a real bubble of oxygen.

When I look back at my journey, I started the training without even knowing what a terminal is .. I can tell you that I am very proud of me today. I am now moving forward with my project with serenity because I know that I am not starting from scratch any more. My goals were to be able to build my projects' MVPs and to become autonomous : objectives achieved.

If you are going to learn web programming and design I full recommend this program! The program : https://www.lewagon.com/program

PS : Extremely friendly and professional team 🤗  !

• Hanae BEZAD • Graduate

After 3 years working in Paris as a consultant, among which the past 2 years at eleven, a strategy and management firm specialized in digital strategy (http://eleven-strategy.com/en/) , I’ve decided to take a deeper step “behind the digital scenes”. This gradual slide stems from several opportunities that made me aware of the need to enhance my tech skills, in particular through my latest assignment as a consultant. I worked as a project manager for a cross-functional cross-country flagship project that was meant to diversify the earn and burn opportunities in the loyalty program of a major player in the hospitality industry through e-commerce. I could only be relevant and meet the ambitious objectives of the project if I effectively managed to challenge each team and external provider that I was coordinating. While, based on my previous experience, I could easily take a deep-dive into the stakes of most of the aspects of the project (marketing, finance, legal, tax, etc.), I still needed to fully grasp the challenges the multiple IT teams were facing. I thus applied to do an intense 9 weeks coding training at Le Wagon Barcelona, which allowed me to gain technical skills in both back-end and front-end programming languages and experience the work of a fullstack developer.

Le Wagon … the very name holds the promise of a singular journey, right?

Now, let me tell you a bit me about how this journey felt.

I remember the first Monday, when we went around the table to listen to the story of each of the 14 individuals gathered, aging from 17 to 35+, all with a very diverse cultural professional and personal background (investor, former consultants, freelancers, “proven” and aspiring entrepreneurs) … Some people had previous technical experience and most did not. At the very beginning, I thought: “Great, it very much feels like a retreat for cosmopolitan and ambitious yuppies…”. And then, as we moved on with the set-up of our computers and I discussed more thoroughly with each one, I realized how much it would be a challenging and humbling collective learning experience. And that’s exactly what it was.

On this first day at Le Wagon, I shared my first coffee of the journey (and there were many more) with my then buddy-for-the-day, Hugh Mitton, and we chatted about travels, previous work experiences, movie making and other activities. 9 weeks later, after 10 days of intense coding and debugging, we’ve introduced the MVP of Destinosé (www.destinose.com) , a travel app meant to help people that like perusing the world pick their next destination.

Working each day with a new buddy as per Le Wagon methodology, doing about 8-10h of problem-solving on cases that did NOT look like business cases for which I could use what I had learnt to do so far was quite challenging. It obviously gave me a renewed and thrilling feeling of being totally out of my comfort zone … everyday!

As much as it could also feel a little bit frustrating to learn a new set of coding elements everyday without having the comfort of thinking you’ve fully digested the tricks of the previous day, I realized that these layers came together in a very “neuroergonomic” way after I was done with the bootcamp. It is rather impressive to see how well designed this immersion into the vast world of coding is. The material itself (kitt and karr platforms) encompasses the best practices of coding in a very accessible and readable manner. The TAs that are taking turns into teaching parts of the curriculum are all fully committed to deliver digest explanations given the fast-paced learning curve that’s proposed. They are also keen on spending extra-time with students to make sure they feel fully on track. The whole pedagogical team is smoothly coordinated by a very inspiring driver, Gustavo De Vita, whom I feel incarnates really well the very concept of equanimity applied to management. Le Wagon Barcelona is also well connected to the tech startup scene there, which allowed us to meet a lot of interesting entrepreneurs and try their product/service (e.g. founders of GetYourHero, Eoz, Yugo, etc.).

Slowly, I started making programming related puns and speaking in Spanglish over lunch preparation with my teammates. And yes, we did prepare lunch together everyday, shared it at the terrace of the coworking space, with a sunny view on La Sagrada Familia! Some days, knowing we had to get through a very heavy workload, we would start with a xocolata a la tassa and churros. At the end of the day, when backs were hurting too much for having kept ourselves behind the screens for the whole day, we could enjoy a good Kundalini yoga class at a school around the corner or a tailored session put in place by the staff of Le Wagon Barcelona.

We also celebrated birthdays with massive cakes that could feed the whole coworking space for many days. The Batch-44 was so much of an inclusive close-knit community that we had parents and family visit, and bring or help prepare national dishes from their home country. I did my own version of a couscous with the available equivalent of a couscous maker, under the close watch of a semi-staggered semi-amused Moroccan mother who had to adjust her standards … and we gladly shared this over the next lunch with my classmates and a few other people from the coworking space.

All in all, life at Le Wagon Barcelona was GOOD!

But what it really brought me, and this is invaluable to this day, was a sense of confidence that I was acquiring a very relevant knowledge that will expand my freedom to create projects. And doing so, it gave me an impulsion to move forward with the professional transition I longed for for a while. I quit my job while there, which was a long overdue action I managed to do with all the support I received, feeling part of this exciting and growing community. As I was surrounded with like-minded people, some already or soon to be proper digital nomads, eager to learn and share in the most benevolent way their knowledge and driven by a very similar sense of accomplishment for when work is done effectively and allows for a holistic growth of the individual, I very much felt that a meaningful work collaboration should feel and taste like this each and everyday. Nothing less fulfilling than this!

I left Le Wagon after the demo day a bit tired and extremely happy and satisfied. It’s been a few months already and I know that I will stay in touch with the Batch-44 as a whole, and more particularly with very good friends I made there. I feel ready for all the new creative tech adventures that will come up … starting NOW!

• Lina Garcia • Graduate
    I started studying computational linguistic a year before I joined Le Wagon. Before my studies, I had zero computer skills, to the point I that I had to call my brother every time I installed a new program or something was off. I started programing in university but I knew my skills were by far not good enough to land a job as a working student in the hopes of becoming one day a great software engineer. I decided to go to a coding bootcamp to make up for all those years missed not programming and to accelerate following my dreams.

The bootcamp proved to be tough. By day 5, I was already learning things I hadn't seen in university before. The struggle began and didn't end until Le Wagon finished nine weeks later. I learned so much in such a short time. I could never have done this on my own and I don't think it’s possible to achieve that much when you are on your own.

Le Wagon’s teachers were a great help, answering all my personal questions and always keeping us motivated. Going through a process like this wouldn't have been bearable if it wasn't for the other students though, we pushed and helped each other and formed our own little community.
    The last two weeks we worked in groups to make a final project which we presented on the final day.

My group created a prototype to handle freelancer invoicing. It was really hard work but an opportunity to focus on the things we like, for me backend, but also to get better at the ones we struggled with - frontend.

Going to Le Wagon is perhaps one of the best experiences of my life. I would't be able to work as a software developer right now if it wasn't for those 9 weeks.
  • Antoine Moreau • Graduate

I attended Le Wagon batch #46 in São Paulo, Brazil, and it was a truly transformative experience.

I’m 23, and a soon-to-be business graduate from HEC Paris, France. After interning twice in VC, it quickly became clear that I needed to considerably improve my technical skills, whether I was to stay in VC start a company or join a product management team in a startup, which were the three main options I am considering for my first job out of college. So I started working on FreeCodeCamp and Codecademy, putting 300+ hours in learning to code in JavaScript, Python and Ruby. I quickly got the grasp of algorithm coding, but I was far from being able to build the web apps I was dreaming of: the transition from coding algorithms to actually building software was much bigger than I expected, and I couldn’t find the right e-learning program for me. Working and studying, my time was limited, and it was clear I had to go another route if I wanted to quickly improve my skills. Living in Brazil at the time, I met the formidable team of Le Wagon in Sao Paulo, and signed up for the next session.

The next two months have been incredible. I had the chance of attending le Wagon in a small batch of 12 students, which considerably improved the experience and helped built a great relationship between students and teachers.

After 7 weeks of learning and practicing, I gained the skills to build EasyMoveis, a furniture rental marketplace (www.easymoveis.co) in only 10 days with a team of 4 LeWagon students. I was most impressed by the fantastic learning curve at Le Wagon. The learning program is very well engineered so that the transition from coding to actually building web apps is extremely natural. I started building apps without realizing it! Aside from building apps, I think Le Wagon also helped me build a ‘developer’ mindset, that is the ability to keep learning on my own, find resources and libraries, and more importantly collaborate on a project. All those skills simply can’t be taught online. Finally, I am glad to have joined the Le Wagon community: the teachers from my batch at Le Wagon are always happy to help and provide feedback, while the overall community is super active and helpful.

Le Wagon is probably the best investment I made on myself, and I would recommend it to any one willing to learn software development, eyes closed!

• Game-changer
    - 2/15/2017
    Mamoun • Full Stack Builder • Graduate

```LeWagon was a game-changer for me. There is a before and an after LeWagon, be ready, seriously.

Before LeWagon...

I had always wanted to learn coding and build my own product. I went to a business school and I was working as a product manager. So in my work, I worked with developers to build beautiful products. In the same time, I always worked on side projects with developers but I was depending on them. I wanted to become autonomous and be able to build my own MVPs (Minimum Viable Product) by myself.

The night before my first day at LeWagon, I asked myself : "Are you sure to pay that amount for a training which you probably can do with Codecademy, Udemy, Openclassroom…?" And after the first week, I was glad I joined LeWagon and glad to invest in myself. I think this is one of the best investments I have made.

I was ready to work hard, very hard, to struggle at the beginning but at the end of the journey, I was proud to learn that fast. In my opinion, the fast-learning experience only works if you focus all your attention on it, and also because 9 weeks is very short. So give everything to learn and produce the best product you could do and enjoy creating products with your head!

After LeWagon...

Now, I work as a freelance Ruby on Rails developer and Product Manager for multiple companies. As a Ruby on Rails junior developer, I develop some web apps and websites for companies. As a Product Manager, I work differently and I easily anticipate the technical problems. I'm now much more confident with developers and I'm keep learning with them, especially in Ruby and React. And as an entrepreneur, I'm working on a new MVP with another Le Wagon alumni from my batch. Now, I define myself as a fullstack builder.

So, if you want to learn coding but are still hesitating, I'd suggest without a doubt to enroll at Le Wagon! But again, be ready to work hard!```

• Olivier Xu • Cofounder • Graduate

After graduating from business school and launching 2 significant ventures for Rocket Internet, my cofounder and I resigned to work on our own project. Like many others, our first task was to find a CTO. After a few weeks of rather frustrating search, I decided to attend Le Wagon's #1 batch in Paris (2014).

After 9 intense weeks of learning, I went from zero development knowledge to being able to create a solid MVP. On top of great course material and teachers, Le Wagon really stands out by its ability to create an ambitious yet fun environnement. Everybody there has their own background and is eager to make a change.

The work I did at Le Wagon helped me prove my concept and attract 2 great developers to get things started. We ended up launching Kudoz, a recruitment mobile app. 3 years later, we are a 12-people team. We have raised €1.2m in 2015 (and probably more soon). Kudoz has reached more than 250k users and 1000 active recruiters this month.

So yes, attending Le Wagon was really worth it ;)

• Ana • Graduate
    I had never coded a single line before in my life, but those classes were so complete that after only 9 weeks I am now confident enough about my code skills to apply for a tech position.
    For the past 3 years I worked with Marketing and Communications, but right after Le Wagon I started applying some logic knowledge and hacks in my daily tasks and this led me to get a spot in the tech team of my company!
    It's only two months to become a fullstack dev so you have to dive in code everyday but it is totally worth it!
    I am fully satisfied and recommend Le Wagon to everyone looking for a quick start on coding. Besides Le wagon provides you with an amazing network of alumni and teachers that help you even after the bootcamp is over.