Amsterdam, Bali, Barcelona, Beirut, Beirut, Belo Horizonte, Belo Horizonte, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Chengdu, Copenhagen, Dubai, Istanbul, Kyoto, Kyoto, Lausanne, Lille, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Madrid, Madrid, Marseille, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Munich, Nantes, Oslo, Oslo, Paris, Recife, Rennes, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Singapore, Stockholm, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Toronto

Le Wagon offers 9-week full-time and 24-week part-time courses in Web Development and Data Science at 39 campuses across the world. The 24-week part-time course meets on weekday evenings and Saturdays. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.

Graduates of Le Wagon's Web Development bootcamp will be proficient in Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, APIs, Github, and Heroku. The bootcamp requires 60 hours of online work to prepare for the course. In two months, web development students will be able to build several web applications, including a clone of Airbnb and a personal project. Graduates of the Web Development bootcamp go on to become developers and product managers. Graduates of the Data Science bootcamp will be proficient in Python, SQL and be able to implement Machine Learning algorithms. They go on to become data analysts, data engineers, and data scientists. The bootcamp requires 40 hours of online work to prepare for the course.

• Data Science Course - Full-time

LocationAmsterdam, Shanghai, Brussels, Paris, Bordeaux, London, Lisbon, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Montreal, Berlin, Lyon, Tokyo, Marseille, Belo Horizonte, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Oslo, Singapore
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic mathematic & programming background required
  • Web Development Course - Full-time

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby, SQL
    LocationMadrid, Rennes, Shenzhen, Chengdu, Bali, Kyoto, Amsterdam, Shanghai, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Dubai, Stockholm, Brussels, Paris, Bordeaux, Lille, London, Lisbon, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Nantes, Montreal, Berlin, Lyon, Tokyo, Marseille, Belo Horizonte, Milan, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Tel Aviv, Barcelona, Oslo, Lausanne, Singapore, Seoul, Munich
    Minimum Skill LevelNo minimum skills required
    Prep WorkRuby track on Codecademy
  • Web Development Course - Part-time

LocationBrussels, Paris, Bordeaux, Lille, London, Lisbon, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Nantes, Montreal, Berlin, Lyon, Tokyo, Marseille, Belo Horizonte, Milan, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Tel Aviv, Barcelona, Oslo, Lausanne, Singapore, Seoul, Munich
    Minimum Skill LevelNo minimum skills required
    Prep WorkRuby track on Codecademy
  • Great experience
    - 10/8/2018
    ALo  User Photo
    ALo • Applicant Verified via LinkedIn
    I worked in the Wealth Management industry in London before quitting my job and signing up to Le Wagon. Although I found a lot of pleasure and joy working in this sector, I’d always aspired to evolve in a less formal and more forward-looking environment such as tech. After doing some research on the topic, I came across Le Wagon which had acquired a solid reputation on teaching coding to their students in a dynamic and startup-friendly framework. These guys were my natural choice to embrace a new challenge.

The bootcamp turned out to be very intensive, with a lot of stuff to be learned, especially in the beginning. Thanks to Ed, the London manager, and his constant flow of positive energy, I felt very comfortable throughout the learning process. Also, the course allowed me to meet many interesting people from very diverse backgrounds, all exhibiting relentless hunger for change and self-improvement. The teaching assistants showed enormous committment and would spend all the time needed to provide extensive explanations on a given problem.

After 6 weeks of in-depth learning, students get the opportunity to apply their newly-aquired skills on practical projects. I was lucky enough to lead a team of 3 working on my idea: we developed a mooring booking app for narrow boats using busy London canals. Personally, I had a lot of pleasure addressing a genuine problem using tools that I’d never thought of before.

After completion of the course, my objective is to join/launch a start-up.

To any aspiring coder/entrepreneur, Le Wagon is the perfect place to start your journey.
  • Mr
    - 10/4/2018
    James Douglas  User Photo
    James Douglas • N/A • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Choose Le Wagon!

I was a student in the Bali 163 Batch that started in June this year. After years of working in a job which I did not feel challenged in any meaningful way I wanted a change; and decided to invest my time and money into the Le Wagon Bootcamp.

I won’t lie, it's very very intense. And in Bali the camp runs in 8 weeks which means working on a couple of Saturdays. Nevertheless I can confidently say that this was one of the best things I have done in my life. I did not have a computer science background; and at the beginning it was difficult for me. However the one thing that ran throughout the bootcamp is that you never work alone. Whether it’s the Buddy system Le Wagon have in place or the amazing TA’s and teachers that were there to guide me through concepts that I had difficultly grasping, I always had help when I needed it.

Where I couldn’t have coded my way out of a paper bag before I’ve now already built a couple of projects.

I remember one of the TA’s saying the best thing about Le Wagon was it’s fantastic sense of community, and I can’t refute her. I visited Le Wagon in Melbourne whilst travelling and was invited to dinner and was shown around their study area. I’ve spoken to a few alumni’s and they’ve all had similar experiences. The vibe seems to be amazing throughout all Le Wagon locations and its network.

My suggestion if you’re pondering a change of career and want to jump start your coding expertise by attending a bootcamp; choose Le Wagon. I’ve yet to speak to anyone who’s finished and regretted it. Good luck!

• Maria Sanchez  User Photo
    Maria Sanchez • Electrical Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Long story short, Le Wagon rules.

Long story long, once upon a time, I received a course on programming. The course covered loops and conditional statements, and we were aided mainly by pen and paper. In the end, we were told: "Now you know how to program!". Though encouraging, this statement was false. It was the equivalent of saying: "I have taught you how to make bricks, now build me a house".
    Learning coding is like learning a language, it is difficult and tough but also extremely interesting and rewarding.
    As teaching methods go, Le Wagon nailed it! They have managed to make the learning of a very complex subject into a true pleasure. By dividing the subject into small lessons and adding interesting and challenging factors to each of them they "trick" their students into absorbing every little ounce of knowledge the can handle.
    The course is designed not so that they can teach you, but so that you may learn. Comprehensive lessons and an incredibly supportive staff lead you up the steps to finally and truthfully be able to say: "Now I know how to program!".
    Need proof? Throughout the course you will actually build increasingly complex programs and by the end you will have designed your very own fully functioning webpage. No more scribbles on paper for me…

Conclusion: if you are even remotely thinking about this, apply, you will not regret it.

• Freddie Scadding  User Photo
    Freddie Scadding • Junior Back End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

With a background in Chemistry and then orchestral performance, coding didn't seem like the next logical step for me. It's something that I had always been interested in from afar, as something I might have enjoyed if I had started at a younger age, but perhaps I had missed the boat. At the same time, at 31 I wasn't sure if a total career change was the best idea for me, since it inevitably involves retraining and starting again at the bottom rung. My friends in the industry assured me it was definitely possible and that it's becoming a much more common route in, so I started to look at bootcamp courses. Le Wagon was overwhelmingly well reviewed, so I enrolled.

Look no further: Le Wagon will change your life.

Obviously from the great reviews, I had high expectations from the course. These were blown out of the water. Le Wagon has been the best educational experience of my life.  The course is intensive - it really is non-stop for 9 weeks - but you come out the other end as a well-rounded full-stack developer, ready for employment. This is the most important thing: the syllabus at Le Wagon is so well designed, you're not just churned out the other end knowing whatever topics were chosen by the founders 5 years ago, the course is regularly updated to reflect the most important relevant changes and language versions that are becoming more widely used. You really feel like you're ready to slot into a professional development team by the end.

The course caters for people of all aptitudes. For people taking to it quickly, there's supplementary work you can do to push yourself. For people finding it more challenging, there are teachers and teaching assistants absolutely everywhere, and they are there to help! There are also sessions organised for people who want to re-cover some old material to help them keep up. You're always paired up for your daily challenges, so it's also a great opportunity to learn from each other and figure things out between yourselves.

Apart from the fantastic teaching and learning experience, Le Wagon is an extremely sociable course. You're always paired up with different people every day so you'll quickly meet everyone on the course, and there are regular social events organised by the staff. It's an intensive course, so you'll make close friends super quickly - you're pretty much spending all day every day together!

In summary: I hadn't written a line of code before the start of this year. Coming out of Le Wagon I am starting a new job as a junior developer two weeks later, with good pay. Le Wagon makes this possible! It's the real deal. Viva Le Wagon!

• Julianne Joswiak  User Photo
    Julianne Joswiak • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Le Wagon was a great experience. It really piqued my interest in programming. I went on to do a conversion Master’s in Computing after the bootcamp, which I am almost done with now. This has given me a renewed appreciation for Le Wagon. At Le Wagon, they were able to teach us so much in such a short amount of time. Most important, they made it fun. The curriculum was really stimulating and the platform they have built around it looks amazing and delivers content in such an effective manner. Le Wagon is where I loved programming, and without it I probably would not even be considering a programming role today. It was also just a lot of fun! The challenges posed by the teachers were a lot of fun, and working with our classmates was great. The class grew really close, and we had many social events - following our long programming days (9-6). But I never felt like the days were long. I was at my most skilled and job-ready after completing Le Wagon. Le Wagon really equipped me to be a web developer. It is one of my favorite things I have ever done, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Jack O'Connor  User Photo
    Jack O'Connor • Junior Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Why did you want to learn to code?

Everyone has their own personal reason(s) why they want (or wanted) to learn to code. I decided to learn to code for a number of reasons but primarily I wanted to change careers. After studying a masters in law and aiming to become a lawyer, I realised I was not passionate enough to continue a career in law. Then I worked in a finance company for two years. However, long story short neither a career in law or finance made me happy so I decided to seek an alternative career path. I wanted a career path that would be intellectually challenging and rewarding, that would teach me an essential skill that could be applied to many different job types and most importantly, a career path that was future-oriented and where the demand for this skill was higher than the supply.

Why did you choose Le Wagon?

Some people are able to teach themselves how to code though books and online resources. However, after doing a lot of research on how different people became developers (many people of whom did not have a computer science degree and changed careers from diverse career backgrounds), I realised that many chose the coding bootcamp route. I realised after trying the self-taught route myself for a month that I was one of those people who needed a structured and well-taught program to become a developer. Plus, I wanted to become a developer in the most time-efficient way as possible. I chose Le Wagon as the slogan resonated with me. Simply put, I wanted to learn to code and change my life. Before deciding on Le Wagon, I did extensive research on the different coding bootcamps. I read every review of Le Wagon on the popular review sites course report and switchup and anywhere that I could find a review. The reviews given were overwhelmingly positive so who was I to argue with more than 500 5/5 star reviews? ;) So I applied, got accepted and the rest is history.

Can you share the highlights of your experience? (favorite things, what helped you the most, challenges, your final project...)

It was one of the most challenging yet rewarding experiences of my life! And just 9 weeks! There was ups and there was downs! My biggest personal challenge was that I missed an entire week of the bootcamp due to bad health. It was one of the biggest sink or swim moments of my life but due to the support of the people at Le Wagon Barcelona, both students and staff, I overcame the challenge, fought back and finished the bootcamp in style!

The Le Wagon community is great! It is one of the best if not the part for someone after the bootcamp! The main struggle I have had since finishing the bootcamp is feeling lost and not knowing what I should do next. And the feelings of “imposter syndrome” has been the most difficult part but I reached out to people in Le Wagon and I got the answer I needed!

How did you like Barcelona?

Barcelona is an amazing city! It has almost everything you could ask for! The food is great and very affordable, the over all vibe is relaxed and chill and the weather is beautiful every day! My only criticisms of the city is that it is very touristy during the summer and the pickpockets!! Just be aware when going outside day or night but especially at night, avoid certain areas (Las Ramblas) and all will be good! The pros of living in Barcelona far outweigh the cons so don't worry! I don't have any regrets!

What advice would you give to someone considering joining us?

My advice before joining the bootcamp is to become good in the Ruby programming language before starting the bootcamp! Practice Ruby problem solving exercises online! If you do you will reap the rewards especially in the first 3 weeks of the bootcamp! :)

• Nordin Belkacemi  User Photo
    Nordin Belkacemi • Student Verified via GitHub

Le Wagon MontréaI was an amazing experience. This bootcamp has the most structured and best paced curriculum I have ever come across. All of the people attending are spoiled everyday with the best learning environment one could ask for, and in the end, I walked away with so much more than just a bunch of skills in web development.

The idea of coding by solving concrete problems/challenges instead of just diving head first into books and theory provided me with better motivation. Coming from an engineering course, I can say that the way you learn in college can get boring and dry, but with this “hands on” approach, along with the special support provided, it’s the best anyone can ask for.

Walking away with a finished project, and a potential product was incredibly valuable to me, as I haven’t done many projects in the past, but now I have one on my resume. My peers and I remain in contact and I’m very happy I got to learn with and from them, but most importantly they helped me develop my collaboration skills, which is essential in the industry. Additionally, I have the privilege to be a member of the Le Wagon alumni, meaning that I can get in contact with anyone who has attended the same bootcamp (all over the world!)

On top of all this, I get lifetime access to all of the material we covered PLUS tips and tricks to help me learn individually.

Le Wagon was the smartest investment I’ve made so far. Hats off to the team!

• Anthony  User Photo
    Anthony • Graduate • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Great experience, was wondering a lot how Le Wagon reached that kind of feedback from students, now i know why!
    Can't help myself about sharing my experience with everyone i know.
    Being a former digital project manager, i really improved my skills and met incredible people, it is not just about learning but being part of a whole.
    (~‾▿‾)~

• Gaëlle Londoz  User Photo
    Gaëlle Londoz • Front-end developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Before starting the bootcamp, I was web project manager for a few months in Montreal. It was a great job but I realized by the time that I wanted to become a web developer.
    I already knew Le Wagon from Belgium, and I only heard good things about it. So I decided to do the Bootcamp in Montreal.
    I don’t regret at all taking this decision. We really learned a lot in only 9 weeks.
    One of the best moment was during the final weeks, we worked as a team on a final project and also on an AirBnB clone. Those projects combined all the things we have learned during the bootcamp.
    It was really rewarding to realized what we were already able to do.
    Now I work as front-end developer in Brussels and I love my job so much.

• Alex Fiennes  User Photo
    Alex Fiennes • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Before doing the course at Le Wagon I was working as a carpenter, although it wasn't what I wanted to do long term. I wasn't really sure what to do but I started doing coding in my spare time which I enjoyed, and it made me want to learn more so I decided to sign up to Le Wagon.

I've never really liked formal education (I dropped out of university two years ago), but I greatly enjoyed the course. I learned more than I ever thought I would. The enthusiasm and helpfulness of the TAs was inspiring and the atmosphere was lively, with everyone being very keen to learn. The buddy system was great as it meant that we could all get to know each other and progress at a similar rate.

I particularly enjoyed working on projects in the final weeks where I put the skills I'd learned into practice with three others and made a fully functioning website. It was difficult, as was all of Le Wagon, but achievable and I enjoyed making progress and cementing my skills in this way. I would wholeheartedly recommend this course to anyone who's even slightly interested in learning to code.

• An Amazing Journey
    - 9/26/2018
    Simon Guertin  User Photo
    Simon Guertin • Software Dev • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I have always dreamed of being an entrepreneur and realizing my own projects.
    Business ideas come to me often and I have always known that the way to achieving them was to become a fullstack developper.

If this speaks to you, look no further. I've gotten so much more out of le wagon then just learning how to code. In the course of our 9 weeks we were taken by seasoned veterans through every process of a products creation. From the imagination, to the design, the feasibility study, the conception, the realization and finally the pitch of the product.

Leaving the bootcamp I felt like I had all the right tools to put my ideas into products.

I cannot speak for everyone, but suffice to say; the bootcamp is well recognized. The week after the bootcamp I was hired by someone inside the network not only for my coding skills, but because I had mastered every step of a product's lifecycle and they were launching a new product; it's everything I could dream of. I can live at my own rythm in a great environment.

If you are looking for a new journey or a great learning experience, are willing to work hard (yes, hard work is required to get the most out of the experience!) then you'll have a blast at le wagon!

• Wesley Sprague  User Photo
    Wesley Sprague • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Prior to Le Wagon London I was in a position where I’m sure many people in their lives have been.  Although I was living in beautiful sunny southern California, engaged to my best friend and making a pretty decent salary I wasn’t as happy as I could be.  Why? My job. It sucked, I hated it, I was SO incredibly bored.  Unless you’re lucky enough to have the means not to work, the majority of us will spend most of waking hours at our jobs.  It took me a longer than I would have liked to realize that your job is more than bringing home the bacon.  This is why I decided to take the plunge with Le Wagon.  I was trying to learn to code on my own, between my job and everything else life throws at you, it becomes very difficult to find the time and learn effectively.  I even managed to earn an Associates degree online in programming but I still felt I didn’t learn nearly enough.
    In May 2018, I commited to Le Wagon’s July Cohort, the in June I quit my job(yikes!) and showed up in London from Los Angeles 5 days before the start date.  The first day of the cohort, while still feeling the jetlag, I had the pleasure of meeting 39 other motivated classmates as well as the many wonderful teachers.  They didn’t waste any time, we hit the ground running from day one.  It was quite daunting, all the information thrown at you the first week, but by the end of the week I was amazed how much I had already learned.  Le Wagon’s stack covered a variety of topics including Ruby on Rails, Javascript, CSS, HTML and CSS, not to mention all the other little things we learned along the way.  As every week passed I was blown away how much you can accomplish.  It was amazing to see by the end of the course what my classmates and I had built.
    Looking back, I am blown away by the final projects everyone had built.  I had learned so much in 9 weeks, exponentially more than I had trying to code by myself for almost a year. I had such a blast in my weeks at Le Wagon, everyone was a pleasure to be around.  Each weekend the teachers and staff put on events for the students and it was always a great time.  It’s more than just going to a school or course, these people become your family for 9 weeks.  If you’re reading this and on the fence about doing Le Wagon’s program, my advice to you is to go for it, you won’t regret it.  The only thing I regret is not doing it sooner, it was one of the best experiences of my life.