the-hacking-school-logo

The Hacking School

Hyderabad

The Hacking School

The Hacking School is India's first coding school, a 13-week program that teaches fullstack JavaScript programming. The curriculum places less emphasis on lecture, and students should expect to start coding on Day One. Graduates will be skilled in JavaScript, HTML5, CSS3, and MongoDB. In addition to back-end technologies, The Hacking School teaches design, best UI & UX practices and development methodologies. Applicants should have some prior programming experience, but career changers with little technical background are welcome to apply as well.

Recent The Hacking School Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (12) reviews for The Hacking School →

Recent The Hacking School News

• Full Stack Mobile Development

LocationHyderabad
      This is a 17-Week long (4 months) mobile development program where candidates will be actually starting from the basics of web development and then transitioning into mobile development since they;ll be picking up React Native ( Hybrid.) They'll be able to build two successful mobile applications. This program will start from upskilling the candidate with basics and fundamentals helping them get started with the mobile application development and making them a full-stack mobile application developer by the end of 17th Week.
      Funding/Lending Partners available
      Tuition Plans$2200 for Indian Candidates $7000 for International Candidates (To be paid in two equal installments)
      Minimum Skill LevelWe prefer training candidates from scratch. However having a prerequisite knowledge on basics of JavaScript will be a plus point for the candidate.
    • Full Stack Web Development

LocationHyderabad
      This is a 13-Week intensive and very immersive program. Right from the day 1 itself candidates here will get to learn the trades of product development. The curriculum is based on MEAN & MERN Stacks with two amazing real-world web applications which has to be built by the end of the bootcamp. Fee: Indian Candidates - $1600 International Candidates - $5000 (Includes Visa processing, Accommodation, Two-way Airfare) Candidate Takeaways: Become a Full-Stack Web Developer with hands-on experience on product development. Master the UI/UX Designing and development skills. Apprenticeship (Job Training & Placement Assistance). International Internships (Australia, UAE, Philippines). Access to global network of The Hacking School and it's partner companies.
      Study Now, Pay Later and Loan Facility.
      Tuition Plans$1800 for Indian Candidates $5000 for International Candidates (To be paid in two equal installments)
      ScholarshipMerit based scholarships, Women Scholarships.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo minimum skill level. We will take and help you acquire the required skill set.
    • Full Stack Web Development (online)

LocationHyderabad
      The curriculum structure is used to help candidates learn to code using JavaScript language and get a real-time web application development experience. During these 17 weeks of online coding bootcamp, candidates will be taken from scratch i.e basics of programming to learning industry standard software development methodologies. The curriculum based on MERN stack. It is completely hands-on and comprehensive to skill candidates on end-to-end product development.The program is designed in such a way that it suits people coming from both technical and non-technical background.
      Propelld
      Credit fair
      Refund / Guarantee0
      Minimum Skill LevelBasic Html/ Css

• $500 The Hacking School Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive The Hacking School scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Stack Web Development (Hyderabad)

• Rushyab • Graduate

I was the part of Class of 2019 - Cohort D. I joined The Hacking School with a fair bit of coding background (not related to web development particularly).

As the program assumes bootcampers to have no prior experience in programming, the curriculum for the first couple of weeks felt very basic for me. It starts from teaching you the bare minimum fundamentals of Computer Science, and programming in general. It covered topics ranging from Logic Gates, Number System, Computer Networks, and basics of Data Structures and Algorithms. But the good part about these initial weeks was that I never felt I was not learning enough. In the first week, we had one-on-one sessions with our Instructors, who made sure that each one of us was getting additional tasks that suited ones previous experience in programming. The tasks kept me engaging for the basic part of the curriculum.

Once we progressed to learn the MERN stack, things started to get challenging. We were learning heaps of concepts every single day. Most of the concepts taught were coupled with a kind of mini project, that showed its real-world use case. We were taught not just the "what" part of some function's behavior, but also "how" and "why" it behaves, the way it is supposed to.

All the instructors have their unique style of teaching, and each one of them has an immense amount of knowledge in the field to their expertise. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the time spent at the Bootcamp.

• Tanisk Jha  User Photo
      Tanisk Jha • Frontend Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I still remember It was the First week of December. The weather was extremely cold. I got up at five as usual, and saw Meraj notification that i had been granted merit based Scholarship.

Meraj, was the best mentor i have ever had in my life, I loved his ideas so much, i would find silly reasons to meet and learn from him.

Afzal (The Star of Hacking School), he used to break the concept in very easy brain friendly examples. he helped me a lot in building my Personal Project (The Doctors Search Engine and Twitter Clone).

My results so far speaks for them, After graduating the bootcamp I’ve landed my dream job at Rankz.io as a Frontend Developer with 8.5 LPA.

I would heartily recommend it to anyone who is willing to learn and devote themselves to mastering the curriculum.

And my last advice to you when you join the the hacking school, don't be afraid to think outside the box. You'll be hated for it
      And thats perfectly fine use it As inspiration, because There is an old Saying If you hang around the barber shop long enough, sooner or later, you are going to get a hair cut.
    • Rizwan Aman  User Photo
      Rizwan Aman • Student Verified via GitHub

Hello everyone,

I am Rizwan. I graduated from the Web Development course in The Hacking School on October of 2019. I had taken both Full Stack Web and Mobile Development courses, and this my review of the five or so months that i spent here learning programming.

To begin with, let me give you some context. I am a 17 year old and I just finished my 12th standard examinations in June of this year. I come from an absolutely great school in West Bengal named The Levelfield School. We leverage a lot of technology in the teaching process to help students learn. We have two web applications and about 12 Android and iOS apps. However, even though they were conceptualized in the school, the actual coding was done elsewhere. So, to rectify this, we came to learn web development ourselves, so that from conception to product, the entire building process was done in-house.

We spent 3 months learning Web Development, specialising on the MERN stack ( MongoDB for database, Express framework for server, React for front-end, NodeJS for backend ). I was fortunate to be part of a great cohort, full of very diverse people and all hungry to learn programming. Right from the beginning, our days were intense and packed with a lot of learning and activity.

With the exception of a couple of people, no one else in the cohort had any background in programming and by no background, I really mean none. We had no idea of the technologies or the tools that we would be using, no idea about the languages that we were going to learn, it really was point zero. So we all started from scratch, right from the very basics of HTML and CSS, even the very basics of computing and the internet itself, non-decimal number systems, IP addresses, MVC architecture etc.

Slowly but surely, we moved up and learnt amazing new concepts everyday and as we were learning we became more confident in ourselves. From plain HTML and templating engines, we moved on to ReactJS for making our Front-end UI. We are truly amazed at the awesome power of React, building super-fast applications that existed only on one page, so didn't need to reload. Then we were introduced to Redux, and how to avoid messy state management and complicated ways of passing information through Render Props. By the end of it, we had actually wrapped up our sessions about three weeks in advance and we were free to build our own projects.

We re-build our school's website on React, (earlier it was in plain HTML). After that, we build another application which was a Polling app for the school. In the process we learnt about Socket.io and how WebSockets work. How we can display changing data in Real-time.

We had a lengthy class on Cloud deployment, where were learnt everything from the best ways to build your app and deploy it in cloud, to learning advanced concepts like Docker and CI/CD with GitHub webhooks.

Overall we had an amazing experience learning Web Development in The Hacking School, we had truly moved from zero to being a full stack developer in a short span of just three months.

We even participated in a few Hackathons that were organinzed in Hyderabad, and we gave a great display of an idea for a VR app that we had for the market of Real Estate and office spaces.

However, there were a few hiccups for our Mobile Development Class and we weren't able to go through it with the same fervour we had done so with the web development.

Other than this, there are a few other places that I think The Hacking school can improve upon.

• One big factor was infrastructure. For most of the duration we were here, the lift on the building wasn't working. It quickly stopped even after it was fixed more than once.
      • Secondly, there were occasional problems with the internet connection ( not really a problem with the The Hacking School, but more with the service provider, but still it proved to be a nuisance a couple of times ).
      • I thought there should have been much more tight management of time and a little better review and weekly planning with instructors. At the end of every week, there should be a short and compulsory one-on-one session with the program director, to track progress and make sure that every one was on the same page about what is happening in the cohort.
      • In addition, building small and weekly projects ( probably beggining from the third week or so ) should be a compulsory part of the curriculum.

• Rohan Paul  User Photo
      Rohan Paul • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

As to my relation with The Hacking School - After completing the bootcamp (April to June 2018 cohort), I got my first Developer job as an Associate Software Engineer in full-stack web-development ( MERN stack / Mongo, Express, React, Node) coming from a completely different educationl (MBA) and career background (Banking).

One can absolutely launch a career in Software Engineering with what you learn at here, if you’re dedicated to the program from start to finish. The Hacking School creates engineers by focusing students time on projects and coding challenges - with conceptual lectures to complement. Curriculum include teaching some of the basic computer science (data structures and algorithms) fundamentals and focusing on a single language - JavaScript - for both backend and frontend.

Daily Routine at the bootcamp - It was super intense. Mornings were spent learning a new concept along with an instructor and afternoons left us mostly on our own to apply the new concepts in daily challenges. I rarely left the classroom before 10pm and indeed have on many occasion stayed back overnight. Weekdays were basically wake up at 6-30 am, work in class all day and night, then go home, go to bed. Even weekends, though there was normally no classes, rarely offered a reprieve, as we will have weekend showdown or weekend hackathon project to show off for the next week, or tech-talk to be prepared for. By the end of the 13 weeks I couldn’t imagine going any longer, I was so exhausted. But I loved every moment of the entire 13 weeks.

Overall Envronment - Good mix of healthy competition and mutual support among the students to continue the intensive learning environment.

Industry contact and support in getting you the interview - Meraj’s contact in the startup indsustry in Hyderabad is probaly the most important asset to leverage for anybody coming to this bootcamp. There’s hardly any CTO’s or CEO’s or Tech-Founders in the city’s startup and tech-scene that Meraj does not know :) . In the last couple of weeks of the program itself, he arranged for two or three interviews and company vistis and the placement season was on full swing.

Meraj’s (Hacking School’s founder and CEO ) personal leadership in moving the students forward toward their goal - He takes a genuine and sincere interest in moving people and their projects forward to the next stage. Personally I am hugely lucky and privileged and honoured to have the opportunity to get to know him and getting to hear his inspirational talks. He also gave us this hugely valuable opportunity that if anybody of us can build a really intersting project during the bootcamp, he will arrange a tech-talk and invite some of the founders and captains from city’s tech-scape and we can show-off my projects to them.

Fantastically knowldgeable and genuinely involved instructor. For my batch the instructor was Prshant, who is always super energetic and full of enthusiasm to teach new concepts to the batch. He also runs his own startup in Hyderabad, and thats why could give us the first-hand knowdeldge from the industry best-practices (which a full-time trainer probably would have missed). Personally for me, he took a mock interview over the phone to simulate the exact environment of an actual interview.

Great support for outstation and international students - The school has very involved and super-helpful Program Member (Ashar) who will very patiently explain all your questions and doubts before joining the bootcamp. He also arranged the accomodation before I reached this city. And then after reaching here, he helped me all the way, to get settled down in the city and gave me all the relevant local informaton important for the next three months of journey. He also greatly supported in scheduling the interviews and co-ordinating between companies and students.

Some areas, in my personal opinion, I think The Hacking School can probaly do better ( or future students should take take more initiatve in these aspects themselves, because learning for a web-developer is after-all a self-propelled journey ) - And assuming the end goal for most boot camp attendees is to go in and 12/13 weeks later emerge with the coding chops and confidence to not just get a job as a full-time software engineer, but build a career out of it.

A) More planned mock interviews during the last four weeks of the program to make the bootcampers Interview-Ready for each of the seperate topics, so we can survive a two, three or four hours of a solid technicjal interviews.

B) More frequent online timed-tests in platforms like HackerRank ( we only had one during the whole program) - this will make us perform substantially better on actual interviews.

C) More stringent time-mangement and sticking to course-schedule (both on a daily basis and for the whole of 13 weeks ), becuase for our cohort and also my immediately junior cohort, the the ReactJS sessions were a wee bit messy and hurried. Similarly I thought, more time-mangement and planning needs to be applied in completing the final comprehensive project.

• CODING BOOTCAMP
      SHAIKH MOHAMMAD SHOEB  User Photo
      SHAIKH MOHAMMAD SHOEB • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
      The hacking school coding bootcamp is the place where i learnt how to code.The atmosphere is very good,My instructor Prashant is very awesome and very excellent teacher. All the other faculty are very good, excellent placement assistance.In my view if anyone want to be a best developer then this the place for them. And Meraj bhai the CEO of THS is very awesome person.
    • Totally worth it
      Nitin  User Photo
      Nitin • Student Verified via GitHub

I attended the full stack web development bootcamp here from Apr 2018 to Jun 2018. It was about three months long. Here's my review of it.

There are two things two look for when you're looking for a coding bootcamp to attend. First is how well they teach and second is job assistance (that is if you're looking to get hired after the bootcamp).

The Hacking School scores highly on both counts. It is sort of a learning fast-track. What would normally take a year or two to learn takes you about 3 months.

This is the result of great mentoring, motivation and peers.

The organization tries makes sure you will get the best possible job after the bootcamp. So, in this count also it does a great job. Most of the companies that come here for interview are local companies in Hyderabad, if you're looking to get hired in some other city then it will be a bit tougher. Although, this is changing as in the future there will probably be more companies hiring from the bootcamp.

• Bootcamp
      - 9/29/2020
      Mahima Kapoor • Graduate
      I am Mahima and I am about to complete my graduation this year. I had a great time with this bootcamp session which was guided by Sadiya who was very good in making me understand about the benefits of it. My mentor and instructor was Mansoor who was extremely calm and helpful throughout my whole session. He helped me whenever I needed any help and was ready to guide me at any time of the day which was very good and comfortable for me. The complete session was guided by him in a very good manner. I had enjoyed a lot and learned a lot things which was new to me and helped me in reaching out many different aspects of coding.
    • 13 intense weeks
      - 11/29/2019
      Rituraj Mandal • Graduate

I attended The Hacking School's web development bootcamp from July to Sep 2019 and it was an intense 13 weeks. During those 13 weeks we learnt full stack web development (MERN stack - MongoDB / Express / React / Node) and gained an entry to the world of programming and development. Most importantly, we learnt how to learn on our own.

I had come to the bootcamp with no prior programming experience however, that was not a problem as we started from ground zero. We started with number systems and basics of HTML and CSS. We soon started learning JavaScript, writing simple algorithms and exploring the language. JavaScript is the chosen language for the course because it is incredibly versatile allowing us to write both server-side and client-side code.

In the middle of the hectic 13 weeks we were given a break on week 7. We were told that there won't be any classes that week but we had to utilize it to build something on our own. To be honest I couldn't build anything by the end of that time period but that week made me realize the gaps in my knowledge. That turned out to be an important learning experience for me.

Additionally, there was always help available when we needed it. Our instructors, as well as other seniors, were happy to help and clarify doubts whenever we reached out to them. This promoted a culture where we learnt a lot from outside as well as inside the classroom.

At the end of the course we had learnt much more about computers than just our stack. We learnt to use command-line-interfaces and interact with Linux machines. We learnt different types of hosting including GCP(Google cloud platform) hosting and implemented CICD with Jenkins. We learnt to "hack" our way out of problems.

• Awesome experience!
      - 11/29/2019
      Khalil Ali • Graduate
      This bootcamp literally focuses on building and strengthening your core concepts in programming fundamentals especially with data structures & algorithms. I can say its reliable and I definitely saw an improvement in the way I read code and understand the documentation. Would really recommend to anyone who wants to pump up their knowledge and become confident in building applications. Instructors have an amazing teaching style. Staff has a great vibe too.
    • CODING BOOTCAMP