The Hacking School
Recent The Hacking School Reviews: Rating 4.67
Recent The Hacking School News
This is a 6-Week long mobile development program where candidates will be able building two successful mobile applications (Android/ iOS). This program will start from upskilling the candidate with basics and fundamentals helping them get started with the mobile application development and making them a full-stack mobile application developer by the end of 6th Week.
- Start Date
- None scheduled
- Class size
- Funding/Lending Partners available
- Tuition Plans
- $1600 for Indian Candidates $5000 for International Candidates (To be paid in two equal installments)
- Minimum Skill Level
- Placement Test
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week13 Weeks
This is a 13-Week intensive and very immersive program. Right from the day 1 itself candidates here will get to learn the trades of product development. The curriculum is based on MEAN & MERN Stacks with two amazing real-world web applications which has to be built by the end of the bootcamp. Fee: Indian Candidates - $1600 International Candidates - $5000 (Includes Visa processing, Accommodation, Two-way Airfare) Candidate Takeaways: Become a Full-Stack Web Developer with hands-on experience on product development. Master the UI/UX Designing and development skills. Apprenticeship (Job Training & Placement Assistance). International Internships (Australia, UAE, Philippines). Access to global network of The Hacking School and it's partner companies.
- Start Date
- None scheduled
- Class size
- Study Now, Pay Later and Loan Facility.
- Tuition Plans
- $1550 for Indian Candidates $5000 for International Candidates (To be paid in two equal installments)
- Merit based scholarships, Women Scholarships.
- Minimum Skill Level
- No minimum skill level. We will take and help you acquire the required skill set.
- Placement Test
The Hacking School Reviews
6 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Rohan Paul • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Development • Campus: Hyderabad • Verified via LinkedIn
As to my relation with The Hacking School - After completing the bootcamp (April to June 2018 cohort), I got my first Developer job as an Associate Software Engineer in full-stack web-development ( MERN stack / Mongo, Express, React, Node) coming from a completely different educationl (MBA) and career background (Banking).
Daily Routine at the bootcamp - It was super intense. Mornings were spent learning a new concept along with an instructor and afternoons left us mostly on our own to apply the new concepts in daily challenges. I rarely left the classroom before 10pm and indeed have on many occasion stayed back overnight. Weekdays were basically wake up at 6-30 am, work in class all day and night, then go home, go to bed. Even weekends, though there was normally no classes, rarely offered a reprieve, as we will have weekend showdown or weekend hackathon project to show off for the next week, or tech-talk to be prepared for. By the end of the 13 weeks I couldn’t imagine going any longer, I was so exhausted. But I loved every moment of the entire 13 weeks.
Overall Envronment - Good mix of healthy competition and mutual support among the students to continue the intensive learning environment.
Industry contact and support in getting you the interview - Meraj’s contact in the startup indsustry in Hyderabad is probaly the most important asset to leverage for anybody coming to this bootcamp. There’s hardly any CTO’s or CEO’s or Tech-Founders in the city’s startup and tech-scene that Meraj does not know :) . In the last couple of weeks of the program itself, he arranged for two or three interviews and company vistis and the placement season was on full swing.
Meraj’s (Hacking School’s founder and CEO ) personal leadership in moving the students forward toward their goal - He takes a genuine and sincere interest in moving people and their projects forward to the next stage. Personally I am hugely lucky and privileged and honoured to have the opportunity to get to know him and getting to hear his inspirational talks. He also gave us this hugely valuable opportunity that if anybody of us can build a really intersting project during the bootcamp, he will arrange a tech-talk and invite some of the founders and captains from city’s tech-scape and we can show-off my projects to them.
Fantastically knowldgeable and genuinely involved instructor. For my batch the instructor was Prshant, who is always super energetic and full of enthusiasm to teach new concepts to the batch. He also runs his own startup in Hyderabad, and thats why could give us the first-hand knowdeldge from the industry best-practices (which a full-time trainer probably would have missed). Personally for me, he took a mock interview over the phone to simulate the exact environment of an actual interview.
Great support for outstation and international students - The school has very involved and super-helpful Program Member (Ashar) who will very patiently explain all your questions and doubts before joining the bootcamp. He also arranged the accomodation before I reached this city. And then after reaching here, he helped me all the way, to get settled down in the city and gave me all the relevant local informaton important for the next three months of journey. He also greatly supported in scheduling the interviews and co-ordinating between companies and students.
Some areas, in my personal opinion, I think The Hacking School can probaly do better ( or future students should take take more initiatve in these aspects themselves, because learning for a web-developer is after-all a self-propelled journey ) - And assuming the end goal for most boot camp attendees is to go in and 12/13 weeks later emerge with the coding chops and confidence to not just get a job as a full-time software engineer, but build a career out of it.
A) More planned mock interviews during the last four weeks of the program to make the bootcampers Interview-Ready for each of the seperate topics, so we can survive a two, three or four hours of a solid technicjal interviews.
B) More frequent online timed-tests in platforms like HackerRank ( we only had one during the whole program) - this will make us perform substantially better on actual interviews.
C) More stringent time-mangement and sticking to course-schedule (both on a daily basis and for the whole of 13 weeks ), becuase for our cohort and also my immediately junior cohort, the the ReactJS sessions were a wee bit messy and hurried. Similarly I thought, more time-mangement and planning needs to be applied in completing the final comprehensive project.
- CODING BOOTCAMP- 9/19/2018SHAIKH MOHAMMAD SHOEB • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Development • Campus: Hyderabad • Verified via LinkedInThe hacking school coding bootcamp is the place where i learnt how to code.The atmosphere is very good,My instructor Prashant is very awesome and very excellent teacher. All the other faculty are very good, excellent placement assistance.In my view if anyone want to be a best developer then this the place for them. And Meraj bhai the CEO of THS is very awesome person.
I attended the full stack web development bootcamp here from Apr 2018 to Jun 2018. It was about three months long. Here's my review of it.
There are two things two look for when you're looking for a coding bootcamp to attend. First is how well they teach and second is job assistance (that is if you're looking to get hired after the bootcamp).
The Hacking School scores highly on both counts. It is sort of a learning fast-track. What would normally take a year or two to learn takes you about 3 months.
This is the result of great mentoring, motivation and peers.
The organization tries makes sure you will get the best possible job after the bootcamp. So, in this count also it does a great job. Most of the companies that come here for interview are local companies in Hyderabad, if you're looking to get hired in some other city then it will be a bit tougher. Although, this is changing as in the future there will probably be more companies hiring from the bootcamp.
- The Hacking School- 2/5/2018Sameeth • Student • Course: Full Stack Web Development • Campus: Hyderabad
- For crazy programmers- 9/19/2018Zulqarnain • Mearn stack developer • Course: Full Stack Web Development • Campus: Hyderabad
- CODING BOOTCAMP- 9/19/2018SHAIKH MOHAMMAD SHOEB • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Development • Campus: HyderabadThe hacking school coding bootcamp is the place where i learnt how to code.The atmosphere is very good,My instructor Prashant is very awesome and very excellent teacher. All the other faculty are very good, excellent placement assistance.In my view if anyone want to be a best developer then this the place for them. And Meraj bhai the CEO of THS is very awesome person.