the-hacking-school-logo

The Hacking School

Brisbane, Hyderabad, Perth

The Hacking School

The Hacking School offers 13-week full stack web development, 24-week cybersecurity, 24-week data science, and 6-week digital marketing bootcamps at campuses in India and Australia. The Hacking School has a long list of hiring partners, and offers career services to students, such as placement assistance.

In the full stack web development bootcamp, the curriculum covers MERN stack (MongoDB, Express, React, Node), data structures and algorithms, UI/UX design, JavaScript, and Python. Students learn about app deployment on Google Cloud or Heroku, and implementing Restful APIs and Redux.

The cybersecurity bootcamp curriculum covers networking and system administration; ICT ethics, strategy and leadership; security and threat intelligence; and event management and security analysis. This bootcamp prepares students for jobs as security analysts, pen testers, security consultants, and security auditors.

The data science bootcamp teaches students data analysis, data visualization, R, Python, machine learning, and big data technologies. Students will build a capstone project in the bootcamp. The bootcamp prepares students for roles such as junior data scientists, data analyst, information technology analyst, and business analyst.

The digital marketing bootcamp focuses on fostering a growth mindset in students. Students will learn UX fundamentals as well as SEO, social media marketing, search engine marketing, and marketing tools.

These bootcamps have been created with total beginners in mind, so anyone is welcome to apply. Applicants should expect to go through an interview process. The Hacking School offers Study Now, Pay Later financial options to those students who qualify.

Recent The Hacking School Reviews: Rating 4.9

all (20) reviews for The Hacking School →

Recent The Hacking School News

• Full Stack Mobile Development

LocationHyderabad
      This is a 17-Week long (4 months) mobile development program where candidates will be actually starting from the basics of web development and then transitioning into mobile development since they;ll be picking up React Native ( Hybrid.) They'll be able to build two successful mobile applications. This program will start from upskilling the candidate with basics and fundamentals helping them get started with the mobile application development and making them a full-stack mobile application developer by the end of 17th Week.
      Funding/Lending Partners available
      Tuition Plans$2200 for Indian Candidates $7000 for International Candidates (To be paid in two equal installments)
      Minimum Skill LevelWe prefer training candidates from scratch. However having a prerequisite knowledge on basics of JavaScript will be a plus point for the candidate.
    • Full Stack Web Development

LocationHyderabad
      This is a 13-Week intensive and very immersive program. Right from the day 1 itself candidates here will get to learn the trades of product development. The curriculum is based on MEAN & MERN Stacks with two amazing real-world web applications which has to be built by the end of the bootcamp. Fee: Indian Candidates - $1600 International Candidates - $5000 (Includes Visa processing, Accommodation, Two-way Airfare) Candidate Takeaways: Become a Full-Stack Web Developer with hands-on experience on product development. Master the UI/UX Designing and development skills. Apprenticeship (Job Training & Placement Assistance). International Internships (Australia, UAE, Philippines). Access to global network of The Hacking School and it's partner companies.
      Study Now, Pay Later and Loan Facility.
      Tuition Plans$1800 for Indian Candidates $5000 for International Candidates (To be paid in two equal installments)
      ScholarshipMerit based scholarships, Women Scholarships.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo minimum skill level. We will take and help you acquire the required skill set.
    • Full Stack Web Development (online)

LocationHyderabad
      The curriculum structure is used to help candidates learn to code using JavaScript language and get a real-time web application development experience. During these 17 weeks of online coding bootcamp, candidates will be taken from scratch i.e basics of programming to learning industry standard software development methodologies. The curriculum based on MERN stack. It is completely hands-on and comprehensive to skill candidates on end-to-end product development.The program is designed in such a way that it suits people coming from both technical and non-technical background.
      Propelld
      Credit fair
      Refund / Guarantee0
      Minimum Skill LevelBasic Html/ Css

• $500 The Hacking School Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive The Hacking School scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Stack Web Development (Hyderabad)
    • Kuldeep  User Photo
      Kuldeep • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I had a very great learning experience at The Hacking School, it was  MERN stack course.They have a very good organized bootcamp. Well prepared curriculum. They are pretty good people working inside
      Today I completed the final major product with my team which is https://neemtree.club. My instructor was mansoor and he is quite an awesome guy, very good mentor. Motivated me in every way possible to get the job done. Thanks to the whole team and I think I can now step into the industry with all the knowledge I gained so far and brighten my career
    • Anagha Kumbhojkar  User Photo
      Anagha Kumbhojkar • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I am a recent THS grad and my experience at the hacking school has been truly amazing. The curriculum is well structured. Right from the basics of CS, to advanced stuff in web dev, as well as algorithms, ds, it covered pretty much everything. The instructors at THS are knowledgeable, they know their stuff well and will go out of their way to help you out! Overall, for me, the experience was nothing short of transformative.
    • Asma Mohammed  User Photo
      Asma Mohammed • CEO & Co-founder, LecturePro • Student Verified via GitHub
      I joined the pre-bootcamp course (School of Coding) at The Hacking School for 6 weeks. I wanted to pursue my love for coding and it was more than I could've asked for!

We started with the basics of computers and internet and soon went on to cloning popular landing pages using HTML, CSS and JS (front-end web development).

We also worked on personal and group projects and made 6 projects live! Our instructor, Mr Rafath helped us with each and everything, and made sure we understood and practised it thoroughly.

All in all, it was the best decision I made to get my coding career started. 100% recommend!
    • Samra Ahmed  User Photo
      Samra Ahmed • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I fall short of words when it comes to describing my experience at The hacking School, School Of Coding. The ecosystem there was perfect for aspiring coders! My Instructor (Mr. Raftah) was extremely helpful and never ailed to motivate us. He encouraged me to work on a variety of interesting projects and helped me from the scratch! If I were to rate it on a scale of ten, I would definitely give a 10/10. I highly recommend The Hacking School to all tjose who want to pe a pro in coding!
    • Tanisk Jha  User Photo
      Tanisk Jha • Frontend Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I still remember It was the First week of December. The weather was extremely cold. I got up at five as usual, and saw Meraj notification that i had been granted merit based Scholarship.

Meraj, was the best mentor i have ever had in my life, I loved his ideas so much, i would find silly reasons to meet and learn from him.

Afzal (The Star of Hacking School), he used to break the concept in very easy brain friendly examples. he helped me a lot in building my Personal Project (The Doctors Search Engine and Twitter Clone).

My results so far speaks for them, After graduating the bootcamp I’ve landed my dream job at Rankz.io as a Frontend Developer with 8.5 LPA.

I would heartily recommend it to anyone who is willing to learn and devote themselves to mastering the curriculum.

And my last advice to you when you join the the hacking school, don't be afraid to think outside the box. You'll be hated for it
      And thats perfectly fine use it As inspiration, because There is an old Saying If you hang around the barber shop long enough, sooner or later, you are going to get a hair cut.
    • Rizwan Aman  User Photo
      Rizwan Aman • Student Verified via GitHub

Hello everyone,

I am Rizwan. I graduated from the Web Development course in The Hacking School on October of 2019. I had taken both Full Stack Web and Mobile Development courses, and this my review of the five or so months that i spent here learning programming.

To begin with, let me give you some context. I am a 17 year old and I just finished my 12th standard examinations in June of this year. I come from an absolutely great school in West Bengal named The Levelfield School. We leverage a lot of technology in the teaching process to help students learn. We have two web applications and about 12 Android and iOS apps. However, even though they were conceptualized in the school, the actual coding was done elsewhere. So, to rectify this, we came to learn web development ourselves, so that from conception to product, the entire building process was done in-house.

We spent 3 months learning Web Development, specialising on the MERN stack ( MongoDB for database, Express framework for server, React for front-end, NodeJS for backend ). I was fortunate to be part of a great cohort, full of very diverse people and all hungry to learn programming. Right from the beginning, our days were intense and packed with a lot of learning and activity.

With the exception of a couple of people, no one else in the cohort had any background in programming and by no background, I really mean none. We had no idea of the technologies or the tools that we would be using, no idea about the languages that we were going to learn, it really was point zero. So we all started from scratch, right from the very basics of HTML and CSS, even the very basics of computing and the internet itself, non-decimal number systems, IP addresses, MVC architecture etc.

Slowly but surely, we moved up and learnt amazing new concepts everyday and as we were learning we became more confident in ourselves. From plain HTML and templating engines, we moved on to ReactJS for making our Front-end UI. We are truly amazed at the awesome power of React, building super-fast applications that existed only on one page, so didn't need to reload. Then we were introduced to Redux, and how to avoid messy state management and complicated ways of passing information through Render Props. By the end of it, we had actually wrapped up our sessions about three weeks in advance and we were free to build our own projects.

We re-build our school's website on React, (earlier it was in plain HTML). After that, we build another application which was a Polling app for the school. In the process we learnt about Socket.io and how WebSockets work. How we can display changing data in Real-time.

We had a lengthy class on Cloud deployment, where were learnt everything from the best ways to build your app and deploy it in cloud, to learning advanced concepts like Docker and CI/CD with GitHub webhooks.

Overall we had an amazing experience learning Web Development in The Hacking School, we had truly moved from zero to being a full stack developer in a short span of just three months.

We even participated in a few Hackathons that were organinzed in Hyderabad, and we gave a great display of an idea for a VR app that we had for the market of Real Estate and office spaces.

However, there were a few hiccups for our Mobile Development Class and we weren't able to go through it with the same fervour we had done so with the web development.

Other than this, there are a few other places that I think The Hacking school can improve upon.

• One big factor was infrastructure. For most of the duration we were here, the lift on the building wasn't working. It quickly stopped even after it was fixed more than once.
      • Secondly, there were occasional problems with the internet connection ( not really a problem with the The Hacking School, but more with the service provider, but still it proved to be a nuisance a couple of times ).
      • I thought there should have been much more tight management of time and a little better review and weekly planning with instructors. At the end of every week, there should be a short and compulsory one-on-one session with the program director, to track progress and make sure that every one was on the same page about what is happening in the cohort.
      • In addition, building small and weekly projects ( probably beggining from the third week or so ) should be a compulsory part of the curriculum.

• Rohan Paul  User Photo
      Rohan Paul • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

As to my relation with The Hacking School - After completing the bootcamp (April to June 2018 cohort), I got my first Developer job as an Associate Software Engineer in full-stack web-development ( MERN stack / Mongo, Express, React, Node) coming from a completely different educationl (MBA) and career background (Banking).

One can absolutely launch a career in Software Engineering with what you learn at here, if you’re dedicated to the program from start to finish. The Hacking School creates engineers by focusing students time on projects and coding challenges - with conceptual lectures to complement. Curriculum include teaching some of the basic computer science (data structures and algorithms) fundamentals and focusing on a single language - JavaScript - for both backend and frontend.

Daily Routine at the bootcamp - It was super intense. Mornings were spent learning a new concept along with an instructor and afternoons left us mostly on our own to apply the new concepts in daily challenges. I rarely left the classroom before 10pm and indeed have on many occasion stayed back overnight. Weekdays were basically wake up at 6-30 am, work in class all day and night, then go home, go to bed. Even weekends, though there was normally no classes, rarely offered a reprieve, as we will have weekend showdown or weekend hackathon project to show off for the next week, or tech-talk to be prepared for. By the end of the 13 weeks I couldn’t imagine going any longer, I was so exhausted. But I loved every moment of the entire 13 weeks.

Overall Envronment - Good mix of healthy competition and mutual support among the students to continue the intensive learning environment.

Industry contact and support in getting you the interview - Meraj’s contact in the startup indsustry in Hyderabad is probaly the most important asset to leverage for anybody coming to this bootcamp. There’s hardly any CTO’s or CEO’s or Tech-Founders in the city’s startup and tech-scene that Meraj does not know :) . In the last couple of weeks of the program itself, he arranged for two or three interviews and company vistis and the placement season was on full swing.

Meraj’s (Hacking School’s founder and CEO ) personal leadership in moving the students forward toward their goal - He takes a genuine and sincere interest in moving people and their projects forward to the next stage. Personally I am hugely lucky and privileged and honoured to have the opportunity to get to know him and getting to hear his inspirational talks. He also gave us this hugely valuable opportunity that if anybody of us can build a really intersting project during the bootcamp, he will arrange a tech-talk and invite some of the founders and captains from city’s tech-scape and we can show-off my projects to them.

Fantastically knowldgeable and genuinely involved instructor. For my batch the instructor was Prshant, who is always super energetic and full of enthusiasm to teach new concepts to the batch. He also runs his own startup in Hyderabad, and thats why could give us the first-hand knowdeldge from the industry best-practices (which a full-time trainer probably would have missed). Personally for me, he took a mock interview over the phone to simulate the exact environment of an actual interview.

Great support for outstation and international students - The school has very involved and super-helpful Program Member (Ashar) who will very patiently explain all your questions and doubts before joining the bootcamp. He also arranged the accomodation before I reached this city. And then after reaching here, he helped me all the way, to get settled down in the city and gave me all the relevant local informaton important for the next three months of journey. He also greatly supported in scheduling the interviews and co-ordinating between companies and students.

Some areas, in my personal opinion, I think The Hacking School can probaly do better ( or future students should take take more initiatve in these aspects themselves, because learning for a web-developer is after-all a self-propelled journey ) - And assuming the end goal for most boot camp attendees is to go in and 12/13 weeks later emerge with the coding chops and confidence to not just get a job as a full-time software engineer, but build a career out of it.

A) More planned mock interviews during the last four weeks of the program to make the bootcampers Interview-Ready for each of the seperate topics, so we can survive a two, three or four hours of a solid technicjal interviews.

B) More frequent online timed-tests in platforms like HackerRank ( we only had one during the whole program) - this will make us perform substantially better on actual interviews.

C) More stringent time-mangement and sticking to course-schedule (both on a daily basis and for the whole of 13 weeks ), becuase for our cohort and also my immediately junior cohort, the the ReactJS sessions were a wee bit messy and hurried. Similarly I thought, more time-mangement and planning needs to be applied in completing the final comprehensive project.

• CODING BOOTCAMP
      - 9/19/2018
      SHAIKH MOHAMMAD SHOEB  User Photo
      SHAIKH MOHAMMAD SHOEB • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
      The hacking school coding bootcamp is the place where i learnt how to code.The atmosphere is very good,My instructor Prashant is very awesome and very excellent teacher. All the other faculty are very good, excellent placement assistance.In my view if anyone want to be a best developer then this the place for them. And Meraj bhai the CEO of THS is very awesome person.
    • Totally worth it
      - 9/19/2018
      Nitin  User Photo
      Nitin • Student Verified via GitHub

I attended the full stack web development bootcamp here from Apr 2018 to Jun 2018. It was about three months long. Here's my review of it.

There are two things two look for when you're looking for a coding bootcamp to attend. First is how well they teach and second is job assistance (that is if you're looking to get hired after the bootcamp).

The Hacking School scores highly on both counts. It is sort of a learning fast-track. What would normally take a year or two to learn takes you about 3 months.

This is the result of great mentoring, motivation and peers.

The organization tries makes sure you will get the best possible job after the bootcamp. So, in this count also it does a great job. Most of the companies that come here for interview are local companies in Hyderabad, if you're looking to get hired in some other city then it will be a bit tougher. Although, this is changing as in the future there will probably be more companies hiring from the bootcamp.

• vijay Sriramadas • Graduate
      I am a UI designer who wanted to change myself to Coding Environment. After Searching all the BootCamp, I decided to join  TheHackingSchool after talking to Prashanth about the course. I would recommend this hacking school, which is a well Structured full Stack web Development Curriculum. Prashanth is an Expert in making us to show the right path way to make us learn quickly in the 17 week journey, from algorithms to full stack deployment.
      This is a perfect place for beginners to want to start coding.
      I would recommend this BootCamp giving a 5 star for my instructor and the School.

Curriculum is well Planned and Instructors are expertise in their area.

• AKshay • Graduate
       It was such a super experience. The whole journey in the Bootcamp was great, each and every day of every phase was productive and every concept was explained and proved by our mentors.  This camp is very much Productive that boosts my thinking and problem-solving skills. Very awesome, super, and great experience with The Hacking School.
    • Best Bootcamp
      - 1/13/2021
      Tabassum Unissa • Student • Student
      Pre-Bootcamp(School of Coding) is the best place to enhance your skills in Coding.I found myself very lucky to be part of this institution.Amazing 6 weeks i have been gone through,the way of Teaching & presenting their knowledge to us with practical implementation makes me so intersted to explore more & more.Rafath Sir was the best Instructor one can ever have.