Amsterdam, Bali, Barcelona, Beirut, Beirut, Belo Horizonte, Belo Horizonte, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Chengdu, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Kyoto, Kyoto, Lausanne, Lille, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Madrid, Madrid, Marseille, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Munich, Nantes, Oslo, Oslo, Paris, Recife, Rennes, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Singapore, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Toronto

Le Wagon offers 9-week full-time and 24-week part-time courses in Web Development and Data Science at 38 campuses across the world. The 24-week part-time course meets on weekday evenings and Saturdays. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.

Graduates of Le Wagon will be proficient in Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, APIs, Github, and Heroku. Le Wagon requires 60 hours of online work to prepare for the course. In two months, web development students will be able to build several web applications, including a clone of Airbnb and a personal project. Graduates of Web Development bootcamp go on to become developers and product managers. Graduates of the Data Science bootcamp go on to become data analysts, data engineers, and data scientists.

• Data Science Course - Full-time

LocationBrussels, Paris, Bordeaux, London, Berlin, Lyon, Tokyo, Shanghai, Marseille
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic mathematic & programming background required
  • Web Development Course - Full-time

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby, SQL
    LocationBrussels, Paris, Bordeaux, Lille, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, London, Lisbon, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Nantes, Madrid, Montreal, Berlin, Lyon, Tokyo, Shanghai, Marseille, Chengdu, Belo Horizonte, Bali, Milan, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Tel Aviv, Kyoto, Barcelona, Oslo, Rennes, Lausanne, Shenzhen, Singapore, Seoul, Istanbul, Munich
    Minimum Skill LevelNo minimum skills required
    Prep WorkRuby track on Codecademy
  • Web Development Course - Part-time

Minimum Skill LevelNo minimum skills required
    Prep WorkRuby track on Codecademy

• Jonathan Chevalier • Student

A little heads up on my background, I am a trained engineer and spent 5 years in one of the biggest construction company with a very comfortable position, the kind of position that gets you sleepy up until you retire. No stimulation, no meaning, no adventure.

So I decided to stop the brainwashing routine of Subway / Job / Sleep and leave for another life where retirement is not the Holy Grail, the kind of life Gary Vaynerchuck describes in “Crush it”. YOU ARE the only captain on board, no one should decide how to run your life but you!

It was not an easy decision, you always know what you lose, and never what you’ll get for sure. But if, like myself, you’ve always been passionate about innovation, discovery, creating stuff, travelling, with a geeky side and a knack for new challenges, look no further, Le Wagon Brasil is just for you! Of course you’ll need a little money on the side, the program is not free, but far from expensive if compared with the value you’ll get, trust me.

Le Wagon is an awesome bootcamp as other reviews will tell you, but why make it in Brazil? First, you need to know how amazing Brazil is as a country and a culture. Awesome weather, beaches accessible every weekend from São Paulo, and an extremely welcoming culture of people willing to make you fall in love with a lifestyle full of music, churrasco and optimism. Yes the country can be dangerous, but no, you are not going to be attacked on every street corner.

I could not tell you why you should join Le Wagon in Europe, but I can tell you why do it in Brazil. The team is really awesome, the teachers are passionate, with true pedagogical skills and the overall atmosphere is the right combination of motivation and fun. That’s how the magic works. I had no previous coding experience and in the last 2 weeks, I could create this (http://www.calendr.io). Even if I didn’t speak Portuguese, I had online videos accessible during the morning masterclasses and as everyone speaks English in the team, I could ask anything anytime I needed it. And since 80% of your time is devoted to building stuff, I ended up asking a lot of questions about what I could do…

What’s next? I’ll be sticking around in Brazil to improve my Portuguese for sure. But thanks to Le Wagon’s network I heard about an opportunity to work as a developer in Jusbrasil, a startup of Salvador in the promising legal space. The company just received a massive investment from Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund and as I flew there on a weekend for an interview, they gave me a chance to join their team based on my bootcamp curriculum. I still have a lot to learn for sure but one thing I know for sure is that I won’t have many conversations about retirement there :)

• Amazing experience
    - 5/26/2020
    Eniko Guti  User Photo
    Eniko Guti • Product Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

After 5 years spent as retail manager I really felt the need to update my profile and start something new. I wanted to switch to a product career and I have noticed that knowing how to code was a real plus in the requirements. A friend told me about coding bootcamps in Paris and after thorough online check Le Wagon website and alumni experiences totally convinced me. I wanted to this.
    I loved the 2 months bootcamp, loved the vibe, everybody was super focused, nice and fun (great afterworks and networking evenings during the week). With 0 knowledge before my prepwork I was learning and teachers, assistant teachers, classmates were super helpful. I loved the concept to work in pairs and for the final project in groups of four, you learn a lot also from your pairs. It was one of my best experiences, I fell in love with front-end development and UX/UI design.
    I am currently preparing my PM interviews and knowing how to code helps me a great deal to see the whole picture and also to better understand the developers work. There is also a very active alumni network you benefit from with great information.
  • Terry X. Wang  User Photo
    Terry X. Wang • Business Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I rarely ever say stuff like this, but joining Le Wagon is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Why? Because of its laser-focused curriculum taught by people who not only know their craft, but can also break down complex content for complete noobs like myself.

The vibe was also awesome thanks to the other students, who were all likeminded self-starters keen to learn and collaborate with no BS. This made me realize that learning a difficult technical skill can and should be a good balance between having fun and supporting each other, and maintaining intensity and pushing each other—a learning experience like no other.

It’s been 18 months since taking the bootcamp, and although I didn’t work as a developer, it did help me transition from working in the finance industry to working with a tech startup. I recently decided to pick up coding again, which has been a smooth process by self-studying the entire curriculum again with its consistently updated exercises.
  • Charlotte  User Photo
    Charlotte • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    After spending all my career in Finance in the same large company I wanted to change my life and start something new. Code was for me the best skill to learn for whatever I wanted to do. Le Wagon was more than a coding bootcamp, it was a really amazing experience and way above my expectations.
    The pedagogy of Le Wagon is unbelievable. In just 2 months, I was able to go from zero notion of coding to developing full websites from scratch for friends or family. I also feel confident enough to develop my knowledge with all the resources available on Le Wagon alumni website.
    Also, Le Wagon community is a second family. The staff, alumni, students and professors are always here to help, explain, advise, motivate, go out even after the bootcamp.
    I loved my experience so much that I didn’t want to let go of it and am now launching Le Wagon in a new country.
  • Thanh-An  User Photo
    Thanh-An • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I've been working with developers for two years now through my Marketing and IT background. For those who worked with developers but never coded, you get what I mean if I say that you can only understand what they do to some degree. Doing this Bootcamp made all web-development concepts much clearer.

I did Le Wagon to acquire new skills and eventually launch my projects in the future. I'm the curious type and I don't want to stick to only one job in my career.

The experience was intense but you will learn something new every day. I had no coding skills before attending the Bootcamp and after two months I was able with the help of my team to conceive two apps using Ruby on Rails. So if I could do it you can do it too.

After the Bootcamp, the active community will help you land a job through networking and career advice. Everything is made for you to succeed after these two-months.

After doing Le Wagon, I can definitely say that web-development made it to my list of interests.
    If you always wanted to learn how to code, trust Le Wagon to help you do the job.

• Nicolas  User Photo
    Nicolas • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I joined Le Wagon while I was a student at a French business school where my specialization was in management control and audit. One of the reasons I decided to take part in Le Wagon to bring more technical skills to my resume and another was that I'm keen on new technologies so I wanted to prove to recruiters that I possess the competencies required to work in this sector. Finally, I desired to satisfy my curiosity and deeply understand how a website site works. In other words, as long as you don't know about coding, the makeup of a website seems to be magic and I wanted to master it!

I chose Le Wagon in Bali because I was studying in Thailand as part of an exchange semester so I was already close to Indonesia. I had long been interested in traveling throughout Asia to experiment the culture and practice my English before coming back to France. I also chose Bali because this place is really chill. Everything is made to make your work life easier and relaxed. The landscapes are amazing, the sea appeases you and many restaurants/ bars are located nearby the bootcamp (very cheap and excellent).

We spent the first three weeks of the bootcamp learning back-end. This was a huge challenge and the most intense part of the bootcamp. At the beginning of the program, you don't really understand why you started learning the backend in the first place. Not knowing about it can become frustrating but step by step everything comes together. After 6 weeks, you finally realize why the bootcamp was structured this particular way and you are now able to create your own site.

What really helps you during the bootcamp is the buddy system. Each day, you work as part of a team but always with a different person. It really helps you because your buddy pushes you and vice versa. If you have a question, you usually get the answer quickly. Additionally, I would say that explaining to other teammates what you personally understood is not a waste of time. It helps you to better handle all the difficult concepts by structuring your thoughts.

I also enjoyed my free time when I was in Bali and especially during the weekends. The teachers truly promoted a positive atmosphere among students to create strong connections. For instance, they organized a boat trip with all the students in the batch so that we could get to know each other better.

As final project we coded a website as part of our final project. Our goal was to help people to find hotspots nearby them using different sources thanks to an API. I was really excited about this project because given its very special nature. The structure of the site was quite easy to code but the biggest challenge came from the connecting of all the API. I therefore had the chance to discover what was an API, how it works and how companies create businesses thanks to it.

In my opinion, the big difference between Le Wagon and other bootcamps is that Le Wagon is product focused. You learn how to work in team as a developer but also how to design and present your website for a pitch. You don't study how to code just for the sake of it. Everything is done so that you become proficient at coding your own website for the final project. As a result of your efforts, this project should show you all the progress that you made during the program.

After Le Wagon I will work at a "big four" audit firm where I will mainly audit tech companies. To a certain extent, I did the opposite of what many people do after graduating from Le Wagon. I didn't want to quit my finance and marketing job to become a developer. Learning how to code allowed me to join the business unit I wanted. The partner who interviewed told me that knowing about programming was a big advantage on my resume!

• Thomas Streichenberger  User Photo
    Thomas Streichenberger • Product Owner • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I wanted to change my career path ! I was working as a Business Manager in a digital agency, but i wanted to have more information about how this is working !  After considering multiple options for a bootcamp I have chosen Le Wagon Paris for multiple reasons:
    -->  Teachers are ( surely ? ) the best we can have, they make it easy to understand all the core concepts !
    --> The way we learn is by practicing, practicing and practicing. It’s amazing how much we can learn.
    --> The mindset of Le Wagon is really collaborative: We move forward individually and grow as a group toward the same objective.
    I’m glad I took the leap and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to challenge themselves and learn to code really quickly. You’ll see after 9 weeks, you will want more of it !!
  • Laurent Barbezieux  User Photo
    Laurent Barbezieux • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    After 8 years working experience in strategy consulting and a business school background, I decided to attend Le Wagon web-development bootcamp to start my own software business.
    Several friends strongly recommended Le Wagon, and I must say the curriculum is amazing:
    - great teachers, with a super responsive ticket system to get 1:1 coaching when needed: you just wait max a couple of minute to have a teacher help you debug and explain what's going on in your code
    - great classes, to learn all the basics to build a products and learn on your own afterwards. You learn "by doing", with lots of practical tips (scraping, API, etc.) and all the "basics" for github, HTML/CSS, Ruby, Javascript
    - fantastic online tools to progress at your own pace, access UI libraries, additional classes, etc.
    - lot of events: keynotes from entrepreneurs, meet-up with alumni in different positions (freelance, product manager, dev, entrepreneurs...), and afterworks of course!
    - great community & alumni network

If you're looking for an intensive, 2-month coding bootcamp to learn web-development and how to build an online product, Le Wagon is an excellent choice!
  • Just Amazing !
    - 5/22/2020
    Thomas  User Photo
    Thomas • Verified via LinkedIn
    Well, where to start ?

I came with a finance background. Never seen a line of code in my entire life or nothing related to code.

Course are really really really well structured.
    Every morning, you have 1h30 of theory. You can ask all your question, stuff you don't understand. Teachers always have an answer or a way to direct you.
    And for the rest of the day, you do practical exercices to understand all concepts you juste learn in the morning. If you do not understand something ? Easy, you ask (via ticket) to a Teacher Assistant !
    The thing that i a really liked : besides all the knowledge about WebDev that they teach you, you learn Curiosity.

But le Wagon it's not only juste a course about WebDev.
    You also join a community, and that's : It's so powerfull !

Just DO IT !

• Alex Huyn  User Photo
    Alex Huyn • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Although I had received excellent feedbacks on the training, the experience far surpassed my expectations. The way of teaching is very effective and it really gives you the foundations to become a developer , as well as the desire to become one. Above all, the team is particularly dedicated to its mission, and you can really feel it everyday !
    Personally, I finished the training with a company project and a co-founder, and a will to code for real. A game changer !
  • Sam Moore  User Photo
    Sam Moore • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I recently completed the first part time bootcamp at Le Wagon Tokyo. Before starting the course I had some coding experience from university but had forgotten most of it over the years.
    And after working as an English instructor for a couple of years, I felt the need for a career change, so I decided to join the bootcamp.
    At first I considered doing the full time course but couldn’t afford to take 9 weeks off work so decided to join the part time course. This course allowed me to work full time during the day, and then study at night and on the weekend.
    During the course we were helped by a great team of teachers. All of them were very knowledgeable and were always willing to help if ever we got stuck, even outside of class hours.
    As far as the course itself goes, I can honestly say I learnt more practical coding and teamwork skills in the bootcamp than I did during my full degree.
    Each day we slowly built on the knowledge learnt the day before, and by the end of it we were all able to make fully functioning web apps better than we could have imagined when we first started.
    I would highly recommend Le Wagon to anyone who wants a career change, or just wants to learn a new practical life skill.
  • Ryan  User Photo
    Ryan • Analytics and Automation Manager • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Prior to my attendance at the Bali Le Wagon Bootcamp I worked in specialised commercial roles which included data analysis and strategy development in Australia. I was already on a good salary, but I wanted to challenge myself even further - so I did not renew my job contract and decided to apply for a coding bootcamp. A friend of mine had already done the research for me and told me how I could lower my fixed living costs while also attending a reputable coding bootcamp. This was Le Wagon in Bali – A perfect place to recharge between 10-12 hour days filled with intense coding and learning new concepts.

I would often start my day with a coffee to get me fired up for the morning lecture. Typically, I asked the most questions during the lecture (which no one seemed to mind) as I was trying to absorb as much as possible. We would then break out into pairs and complete coding challenges with the option of putting in a ticket to get help from the lecturers.

The lecturers were extremely passionate about coding and were willing to explain every detail (did I mention I asked a lot of questions?). At one point I compiled all my own notes and questions and the head instructor spent an hour with me 1 on 1 answering every question – he didn’t mind at all!

I had always considered myself a relatively fast learner and was a bit concerned that I would not get my money’s worth – I was wrong. The Le Wagon bootcamp can adjust your learning experience based on how you are progressing. I struggled (we all did), which made the end that much more rewarding.

I was fortunate to have my final project selected by my peers. Apparently, my project was very different to a typical end project as it wasn’t focused around food or travel. Instead, I wanted to create a web application that cleaned data and I was fortunate to work with 3 other talented people on this project.

I enjoyed writing the cleaning algorithms in Ruby and I still do Codewar challenges to this day to keep thinking programmatically about problems.

After the Bootcamp I became an Analytics and Automation Manager for a large listed company which I love - because I can use my newfound coding skills in my job. I also look back at my experience at the camp and really appreciate the relationships I built with people from around the World.

I highly recommend the Le Wagon bootcamp in Bali and would suggest you be open to applying - despite what current level you’re at in your career.

• Viviana Martinez  User Photo
    Viviana Martinez • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Before Le Wagon, I had been working for a lot of years in Sales and Marketing in different multinational companies.
    I've always wanted to be a part of the world of tech and learn to code because I'm really passionate about tech.
    Le Wagon exceeded my expectations. It was one of the best experiences of my life but also one of the most challenging.
    The teachers and TA's and all the staff are awesome and super helpful.
    I met a lot of amazing people that now I can call friends.
    Now that I finished the Bootcamp I would like to work in a tech company and later be a tech entrepreneur.
  • Amazing!
    - 5/7/2020
    Leoni Sperling  User Photo
    Leoni Sperling • Jr Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If someone would have told me that on April 1st I will be starting a new job as a Software Developer and that I would be freshly graduated from a 9-week coding bootcamp, I would think they are trying to fool me! But actually they are not!

Having an extensive background in the Hotel Industry, I found myself working as an assistant to the one of the two founders of a software startup in Berlin. This is where I first got a taste of what software development is all about. I was hooked!

Through friends I found out about Le Wagon, the curriculum and teaching style. When the moment was right, I decided to take the step towards learning a new profession and completely changing my life! I was lucky enough to have the full support of my company, which means that after the bootcamp I could return there and work as a Software Developer!

The 9 weeks I spent on the campus was filled with a rollercoaster of emotions and a learning curve I had yet to experience. Never in my life have I learned so much in such a little time. Even though it was very demanding and intensive, it really was exhilarating! Each morning you learn a new concept and then you get to work on it during the day together with a fellow classmate. If you are stuck you can ask one of the Teaching Assistants, who are there to help you solve your issue or just pick their brains about different approaches to a problem!

What you also get to do during the bootcamp is meet extraordinary people! Everyone has a different background and experiences from which you can deeply benefit. Together with that you get the chance to meet several representatives from across the industry and find out more about their experiences and how they started their career.

What a ride it has been so far! I would highly recommend this bootcamp and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat!
  • Quentin  User Photo
    Quentin • Product Owner • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Bonjour,

J'ai eu la chance d'être sélectionné pour suivre la formation du Wagon de l'été 2019 qui se terminait en septembre.
    Cela faisait déjà quelques mois que je me renseignais sur des écoles / formations qui permettaient de se reconvertir. J'avais plusieurs collègues / amis qui faisaient le métier que je voulais faire qui m'avait parlé du Wagon (qu'en bien, en vantant une expérience unique, une communauté au top). Voulant me faire un avis par moi-même j'ai décidé de les rencontrer à la journée portes ouvertes. J'ai tout de suite accroché, effectivement,  l'ambiance, les locaux, les profs, la communauté, tout était au RDV. J'ai donc postulé et ai été accepté à suivre la formation.

Je ne connaissais rien en dev, une vraie chèvre (sans vouloir offenser les chèvres dev du quartier).. Avant de commencer la formation je me suis renseigné donc sur les principaux languages qu'on allait découvrir (HTML, CSS, RUBY (ton ami), RAILS, JS, SQL) et me sentais rapidement dépassé car ... bah c'est technique quand même pour une chèvre seule.

En commençant en présentiel, c'est la ou le bootcamp, la communauté, prennent tous leurs sens. On est pas laissé tout seul derrière son ordi avec une batterie d'exercices, on est vraiment accompagné à notre niveau sur les différents sujets quotidien par les professeurs, les professeurs assistants et surtout les autres élèves ! On nous pousse à parler, à poser des questions à nos buddys (copains qui serviront de 2ème cerveaux et 2ème foie).

Parceque oui, le programme est intense, on ne rigole pas, on sue sur des lignes de codes toute la journée donc il faut bien décompresser ! Le Wagon organise plein d'événements, de meetings en interne, externe, yoga, sport, pour nous permettre de décompresser comme il faut ! Et c'est tout aussi important !

Depuis, je suis (toujours une chèvre ? non ... je vite laché le bouc....) Product Owner dans une belle startup dans le secteur de la fintech. La formation m'a permis de vite monter en compétence sur des sujets tech, de comprendre et parler aux devs et d'avoir une vision à 360 sur les problématiques que je peux rencontrer.

Bref... J'ai déjà recommandé cette formation à plein de personnes qui souhaitent se reconvertir et certains sont en ce moment même (bien que confinés) en train de participer à leur bootcamp. Mais je te la recommande à toi aussi, si tu veux changer de vie.

• Ambar  User Photo
    Ambar • Typographer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    After over a decade of being an expert in my field, I made the biggest decision to change careers. While I was self-learning, researching, going to workshops, etc. I started investigating different Bootcamps because nothing beats learning with a group of people at around the same level at the same trying to reach the same goal. Le Wagon was always very active and welcoming and that made it easy to choose them, especially as they have so many financing options to help out as well. I was not disappointed!

Though the learning curve is steep, especially as I had NO past hands-on experience (except the scattered workshops and self-learning, which is very different), all of the teachers, TA's and staff are constantly focused on the students, helping every single person and checking up on you. Even when I felt very far behind with concepts, you never felt left alone. You have a buddy system where you're paired up with someone different every day, you go through exercises in groups or pairs and the teachers are kind and funny. I spent the whole Bootcamp laughing every day, as well! It's hard but it's also FUN! Not only did it finally(!) click after sticking with it but it encourages bonding and teamwork and teaches you to work in groups with people of different levels and backgrounds. I finished the Bootcamp feeling proud of what I learnt in a small amount of time and confident enough to continue learning and to finally apply to jobs myself.

They teach you all you need to know to kick-start your journey (or cement your previous knowledge) but you also become part of a wonderful, fun and encouraging community! I'm already involved in personal side-projects with friends and we're still helping each other out, even after the end.
  • Noah Thorne  User Photo
    Noah Thorne • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Before attending Le Wagon, I was trying my best to learn how to program on my own. I was following courses on Codecademy, Coursera etc. for about 6 months prior to the start of Le Wagon. Those online self-paced educational programs are great, but we covered almost all of what I had studied up until that point in just the first week of Le Wagon. It was a challenge, but you learn quickly and there are always people there to support you and help you through when you are struggling. Going into the bootcamp, I was a bit nervous about the pressure of a strict curriculum and tough challenges, but the atmosphere and friendly social environment upon starting the bootcamp put those fears immediately to rest. The way the bootcamp is structured is perfect for maintaining focus for the students and creating a collaborative feel to the work itself. I had so much fun just learning alongside my classmates and under the instruction of great teachers that the 9 weeks of the bootcamp just seemed to fly by.

My only criticism of the curriculum itself, is that I thought more sections of the bootcamp could have been extended to allow some breathing room to absorb more the information. Specifically, I felt that the amount of time spent on JavaScript was a bit short. JavaScript is such a vital language to be comfortable with in web development but I didn't feel like we really dove into it enough for me to feel confident in my ability with it after graduating. Additionally, I felt as if we didn't have enough time to put into practice some of the more advanced Rails topics that we learned about during the final weeks of the bootcamp. These criticisms however, are minor gripes in what I found to be overall one of the best learning experiences I've ever had.

After the bootcamp, I spent about 3-4 months looking for a job in Tokyo as a software engineer. As a resident of Tokyo already, I had a bit more flexibility when looking for a job than those who were on a tourist visa. However, this was still the hardest part of the career shift. There were many discouraging moments and even times where I wouldn't hear anything from the interviews I had and potential employers that I reached out to. Despite the difficulty, I received tons of advice and assistance from members of the staff at Le Wagon. They really seem invested in the students even after they graduate, and for good reason. The help I received from Le Wagon is really what encouraged me through my job hunting and it helped me to remain proactive. I can now happily say that I have a job at a Tokyo tech startup as a software engineer and that the investment in Le Wagon was well worth it.

• Juan Carlos Banos Mafud  User Photo
    Juan Carlos Banos Mafud • Masters Degree Candidate at University of Pennsylvania • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Great bootcamp. I was a little skeptical about doing Le Wagon because I already had quite a bit of technical experience before enrolling. However, the bootcamp surpassed my expectations. It accommodates to your level and everyone has something new to learn. So even though I had a coding background, it was still a very intense learning experience. The staff was amazing. They are all super knowledgeable in Web Development and are very kind.  I have to say that the best part of the bootcamp were the other students. I met very interesting people and made friendships that will last a lifetime. The bootcamp inspired me to quit my consulting career and pursue a master's degree in CS. It is definitely a experience I recommend to everyone!
  • Rutuja Deshkar  User Photo
    Rutuja Deshkar • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I attended the 9 week Full-stack course web development course at LeWagon, Berlin. Before joining LeWagon I was a Mainframe developer and wanted to switch to web development.  I went through LeWagon's curriculum and found it was the most relevant out there. The course gets intensive right from Day 1. You get to learn lots of fundamental concepts in a very short time. Their way of teaching structure is the key -  you get to learn from your TAs, teachers as well as your buddies.

The real fun started half way when we were asked to pitch an idea for the final project to be built in last 2 weeks of the course. The final project weeks were the most hectic times, but they were amazing in terms of learning.  While building the product we could put everything that we learned into practice, and be creative. Even after you leave LeWagon you will still be a part of the bigger LeWagon family which has its own benefits.

I feel I am better equipped in the developer job market as LeWagon gave me a fair shot at web development jobs. It is surely a long term investment. I cherish to be a part of the LeWagon community, who are always ready to help you out when you're stuck or need some guidance. I highly recommend LeWagon if you wish to learn coding.
  • Abby Hudson  User Photo
    Abby Hudson • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Le Wagon is a great place to learn to code, you will be amazed at how much you can learn within 9 weeks at the bootcamp. The course covers all the fundamentals you need in order to start a career in web development and by the end you will be able to build a fully functional website.

The thing that makes Le Wagon so special is the community atmosphere. You work with buddies every day so that you learn from fellow students, and there are always TAs and teachers available to answer questions. The teachers genuinely care about your personal development and make sure that you stay on track throughout the bootcamp. On top of this, there are community events organized so that you also have fun too.

I have no regrets about choosing Le Wagon as the place to learn to code.
  • Olivier Girardot  User Photo
    Olivier Girardot • Junior Fullstack Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    When I joined Lewagon, I was at a point in my carrer where I was looking for a major change. I had been working as a freelance music composer and a sound designer for over 10 years, and as much as I loved this field, I was looking for more financial stability, which is hard to find in the music Industry.
    I got interested in coding a bit by accident. I always new I liked maths and solving problems, so when I approached coding I got hooked right away.
    Nevertheless, I was overwhelmed with the number of languages available or the numerous concepts I had to grasp as a web developer, and I didn't really know where to start. I needed some guidance.
    I looked up for schools and bootcamps, and Lewagon quickly stood out as the obvious choice! And after 2 crazy months of intensive learning, I was not disappointed!

I have learned so much! Coding languages such as Ruby or Javascript, Frontend languages like HTML or CSS. Handling databases with SQL or Active Records. I have learned using Frameworks like Rails and plenty more concepts like APIs, DOM events, online payment systems, UI and UX designs and so much more.
    But that was not all. Lewagon also teaches you to work in teams, manage projects, plan projects, set deadlines and even more unexpectedly, to present your project in front of a crowd (for those who wish to)! I did all that, and I had to surpass myself, but it was so worth it.

The atmosphere they manage to create, as much among students as with the teachers, is simply amazing. A buddy system that resets every day makes you work with team mates of different levels. Your buddies can either help you when you are in difficulty, or you can test your knowledge by explaining the concepts you have learned to those lagging behind. This a great way not only to improve your skills, but to bond with other students. And every Friday, there is a get together organized, where you get to relax around a drink and hang out, and sometimes there is even a karaoke, or a movie night organized.

After 2 months of immersive and intensive code learning in this amazing community, I miss the atmosphere, the daily challenges, and the people, both students and teachers. But something wonderful, is that you get to be part of the Lewagon community forever :)
  • Gurpriya  User Photo
    Gurpriya • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Joining Le Wagon was one of the best career related decisions I have made. What I loved the most about Le Wagon was the focus on hands on coding from day 1 with a combination of buddies to pair program with and really supportive teachers. Problem solving in each class and then seeing the outcome from your work was really satisfying. In 6-months I a gained a new skill and also became part of an amazing community. I would highly recommend the part-time programme!
  • Stefan  User Photo
    Stefan • Junior Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    When I started the bootcamp at LeWagon, I had a very nebulous image of topics like coding languages in general, datatypes, variables and methods, flow, conditions, OOP, databases, frameworks... I just did't know where to start. LeWagon was kind of enlightening for me, every day my brain was broken down into its individual parts and then reassembled. Yes, it was overwhelming and hard, yes, I definitely reached my limits. But that was, what I was looking for. It's a bootcamp!
    The 9-week fulltime-course ist really compressed, because there is a lot to know, and to be honest, you have to know that this is only the beginning. Everyone who says, you know everything you need to know after taking part in a coding-bootcamp, is a liar.
    But it's really, really good structured, lectures are available online to recap, you have daily changing buddy everyday (one of the other students), which helps to learn by explaining to others, you can always ask your more or less stupid questions to the teachers and TAs. And just everyone of the stuff and also students in my batch was so nice and helpful. And after that 9 weeks, you have coded your first web app!
    Not to forget, beside the emotional rollercoster that you have to deal with, it's a lot of fun!
    So if you're thinking about taking part in the next batch, just do it (and don't forget your daily flashcards!)
  • Career Change
    - 5/2/2020
    Verena  User Photo
    Verena • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was working as Online Marketing Manager specialized on Paid Social Media and Lead Gen. It was my first real job after my graduation and at the beginning I was quite challenged and had a great team. I was kind of an all-rounder regarding creative and technical tasks as well as analytics  and  business strategies and I was able to step up the career ladder.

Working was fun. But after 2,5 years I realized it's not challenging anymore and the career steps I could take in that field are limited. I was never fancied by business administration and that part was taking too much of my responsibilities. I've decided to push my technical and creative skills to the next level and do the coding bootcamp at Le Wagon in Berlin.

Looking back I couldn't be more happy about this decision! Going back to study was tough but also I welcomed the challenge a lot after being bored in my job. Le Wagon was the perfect choice for me. I had no clue about coding. The curriculum sounded like Chinese to me, but I trusted my developer friends who told me it's a very good mixture for getting started and it's covering all the basics you need at the beginning.

If you are searching for a bootcamp with wonderful, fun and amazingly patient teachers and teaching assistance, great professional in-person lectures, a fantastic learning platform, an huge and valuable alumni network, and an extreme but wonderful 3-month experience I strongly recommend the Le Wagon bootcamp in Berlin! The whole program is very professional, well structured and though through and definitely worth the time and money.
  • James Scouller  User Photo
    James Scouller • Student Verified via GitHub
    I joined the Le Wagon full-stack web development course in Montreal for winter 2020 (batch #367). Prior to coming to Le Wagon, I had been working as an environmental engineer in New Zealand and took an extended leave of absence to come and do the course. I chose to do an intensive coding boot-camp because I’d had some prior exposure to coding through my studies and my work. I had noticed I enjoyed it more than the other aspects of the job, and knew it was time to begin shifting my career path. The full-stack course Le Wagon offers gave me the push I needed to finally sit down and learn as much about coding as I could.

The course is fast-paced and intense. You start each day (Monday-Friday) at 8:30 AM with an hour and a half lecture that presents you with a lot of new content. The rest of each day up until 6:00 PM (aside from a short lunch-break, and a one-hour yoga session on Wednesdays) is spent doing coding challenges in pairs. The Le Wagon lecturers and teaching assistants are all very knowledgeable and are available throughout the day to help you when you get stuck. In the evening when you are at home, you will have a set of simple flashcards to work through to help you reinforce the core concepts covered each day.

Le Wagon teaches you the value of working with a buddy/team, as you never really learn as well as when you are asked to explain it to someone else. The course continued as described above for the first 7 weeks and then shifted to groups of 3-4 for the final 2 project-focused weeks. During this time we worked as a team on a project of our own design, which we were required to build from scratch and present on the final day of the course. In my case, we built Green Thumb – a web application that helps keen vegetable growers manage planting, irrigation and keeping an eye on the weather for their home garden. During this period you learn an awful lot about bringing ideas to life, collaborating on gitHub, and of course good communication and conflict resolution skills that are an essential part of working in a team.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Le Wagon and can’t recommend them highly enough if you are looking to learn how to code, or even just to improve on your existing coding skills and get some exposure to the kind of tools developers are using everyday. The course material is constantly updated so it’s always highly relevant, and best of all you have access to everything once the boot-camp is over. All the lecturers are great about coming back to you with answers later if you come up with questions they can’t answer on the spot (let’s face it – there is more out there than any one person can ever be expected to know!). Outside of work hours Le Wagon is also great at organising networking events, with weekly evening talks given by entrepreneurs and developers about the local technology community. There are also drinks together at Le Wagon every Friday night and plenty of opportunities to get together with others from your batch for some fun activities on the weekends.

Overall, Le Wagon is one of the best learning experiences I’ve ever had and I am so glad I decided join. Thank you so much to all the Le Wagon staff who made me feel so welcome in Montreal and made my time at the school such a positive experience. Don’t hesitate, take the plunge and start the coding career you always wanted today!
  • Miroslav  User Photo
    Miroslav • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If I look back at 2019 and review the decisions I took, I could definitely rank the one, that brought me to Le Wagon, as one of the best I have ever made.

There are so many online resources, which can help you develop your coding skills but no matter how good the course is, there is always something missing - guidance, proper structure or simply someone, you can rely on, when facing all the difficulties along your coding journey, someone, who can give you the missing drive, when things are not going the way you imagined at first place. The guys from Le Wagon managed to ace all those aspects, which made the whole experience unforgettable.

The program is intense and actually this is how it is supposed to be, in order to get the best of the bootcamp and strive for a successful career in the tech industry. The journey was quite challenging for me but it was worth every minute - especially seeing the final product developed by our project team on the Demo Day.

Now couple of months later, remembering the time spent there, I am glad making this step as it brought me new skills and introduced me to great people - all part of a supportive Alumni community, where you can share your questions and ideas (not only during but also after the bootcamp is over).