Amsterdam, Bali, Barcelona, Beirut, Beirut, Belo Horizonte, Belo Horizonte, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Chengdu, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Kyoto, Kyoto, Lausanne, Lille, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Madrid, Madrid, Marseille, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Nantes, Oslo, Oslo, Paris, Recife, Rennes, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Singapore, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Toronto

Le Wagon is a 9-week Ruby on Rails focused bootcamp based out of Paris and other various locations. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants will join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.

Graduates of Le Wagon will be proficient in Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, APIs, Github, and Heroku. Le Wagon requires 40 hours of online work to prepare for the course, and in 2 months students will be able to build several web applications, including a clone of Airbnb and a personal project. The bootcamp focuses on bringing coding skill to creatives and entrepreneurs with the ambition to build their own MVP and/or challenge their future dev team.

• Coding Bootcamp

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby, SQL
    Start Date April 13, 2020
    LocationMadrid, Oslo, Rennes, Kyoto, Lausanne, Shenzhen, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Berlin, Milan, Chengdu, Bali, Mexico City, Tokyo, Marseille, Casablanca, Belo Horizonte, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, Montreal, Shanghai, Lyon, Nantes, Tel Aviv, Lille, London, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Lisbon, Barcelona, Rio de Janeiro
    Tuition PlansPayment in two or three installments depending on the Campus policies
    Prep WorkRuby track on CodeCademy
    April 13, 2020 - Bali

• Lena  User Photo
    Lena • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I am a Product Specialist in a big ad tech company, but my background is in business. Taking Le Wagon bootcamp was the best decision I took in 2019, and probably one of the best decisions I took for my career in a while. Let me tell you why.
    My role is to help customers make the best of our advertising solutions. Sometimes it can involve some technical discussions with developers, data scientists or even internally with product managers. Before attending the bootcamp, I was feeling limited in the kind of support I could provide to my clients, or in the type of conversations I could lead.
    On a more personal level, I was feeling that my learning curve was slowing down. Working in sales, I was also under the impression that I was not necessarily in the right organisation for the type of skills or personality I have; and that it would be harder for me to  stand out and thrive.
    Now, taking the bootcamp did not magically solve all these issues. Some are  longer-term questions I need to tackle. But first, I definitely feel savvier at my job. With this new expertise, I can take on more technical projects and look for opportunities to collaborate with tech  teams to extend the scope of my current role.  But the best effect of the training was a bit more subtle yet more dramatic. Taking this step back and proving myself I could learn new skills  made me gain an incredible amount of self-confidence.
    Let me just conclude by talking shortly of the program itself. I loved the fact that is was very practical. Little theory, many exercises in pairs with the help of super-friendly Teacher Assistants.
    To sum-up, I can only recommend!

• Raquel Graça  User Photo
    Raquel Graça • Full-stack web developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Although my friends always warned me I was the group's nerd, I started to realized that technology was my field one year ago when I begun to work closely with web projects, coordinating marketing strategies and helping to launch them with digital campaigns. As a journalist, specialized in digital marketing, I had worked for 10 years with a lot of content platforms and metrics, what made me interested about all innovations in the digital world. However, I couldn't understand what the developers were talking about when details of applications needed to be solved and if theirs deadline were fair enough or not. That said, I was also very upset with the environment of the company I was working, so I decided to turn my life around and quite it.

A friend of mine told me about Le Wagon coding bootcamp. I checked it out on Google and some raking websites, also about job opportunities for developers and the decision was made. As I had time, waiting for the next bootcamp start, I joined all free workshops and meetings at Le Wagon in Rio.

Then, in a blink, it was my first day of class and I faced a lot of configurations and commands on terminal, that looked like Matrix for me! Despite my desperate of changing my system to Linux I was loving everything. All the teachers and TAs were very kind and well prepared. My followed days were basically understanding very well all the lectures and feeling very dump during the exercises, but at the end of day, I was proud of my self. I was little by little, day by day, going to more complex concepts and exercises. Best part of it was building the first project, when you finally realized that you know a lot and you can make some very cool web applications with your knowledge. This is so powerful! Not only to work in one of the best careers nowadays but to build your own ideas, your projects!

If Le Wagon teaches everything you need to know to be a developer? I would say Le Wagon prepared me with all the tools I need to be a developer. No bootcamp can teach everything, every language that the market will ask for etc. But as important as Ruby, it was learning the basics concepts to be able to learn new languages later or improving my skills. There is so much to learn and for that, I also have to mention all the students of Le Wagon community. This is a very important benefit, specially during quarantine days! We are sharing references, doubts and motivating each other. Using Le Wagon fantastic platform, slack channels and webinars, I feel very engaged with this big code community.

At last, I can say I am very exciting to work in web development and with digital products. I really think we are facing a new way of work and a lot of companies were forced themselves to the digital transformation. That is very promising for new job opportunities, new projects, new behaviors and who knows a better society? My aspiration is to contribute to this goal with a group of passionate people. My final remark will be: I'm loving UBUNTU. Thanks, Le Wagon!
  • Boyan  User Photo
    Boyan • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was a bit worried before starting Le Wagon that maybe coding wouldn’t be for me, or that I would find the workload too intense. However, almost immediately, I found myself engrossed in the daily lectures and exercises, so much so that it often felt like there weren’t enough hours in the day. I thought the buddy system was a great way to practice your skills as you tried to work out with your partner how to solve a problem - and of course, this is direct practice working on a team one day after the course.

By the end, I was super proud of what I had achieved, and of the skills I had learned - I don’t know if I can speak for others, but the course left me with enough skill to teach myself an entire framework on the side of all the coursework - the JavaScript framework for virtual reality on the web, A-Frame. And using my newly developed coding skills and this new framework, I worked with a group of 2 others to build our final project - a virtual reality museum that we named Muse VR, which you can check out here: https://www.musevr.art

In addition to coding, we learned a variety of other skills, including public speaking and idea pitching. The project I described above - Muse VR - was actually a project that I was encouraged to pitch by my peers and the lecturers - and I couldn’t be happier that I decided to pitch it.

There is so much to learn in coding, so many concepts and languages and frameworks, that it feels like the course isn’t enough, but what you manage to learn in the 9-weeks at Le Wagon is much more important than just a few languages, rather, you learn how to think like a programmer. The most vital skill as a programmer in my current position? Knowing how to use Google! (and Stack Overflow!) And Le Wagon does a good job at giving you practice with how to find the answers for yourself by either scouring the internet, or working it out with your peers. Of course, they also provide a really skilled team of teaching assistants - some of whom even recently graduated themselves from Le Wagon - who can help when you have searched the internet that little bit too long, just before you start pulling your hair out from not being able to find the answer yourself.

I literally could not be happier that I chose to do Le Wagon. For me personally, I feel like I have discovered the thing that I’ve always wanted to do. And I’m excited to see where that takes me!

• Nicoleta  User Photo
    Nicoleta • Project manager • Student Verified via GitHub
    After working a few years in human resourcing sectors, i figured out that's an old job and it makes me feel also old, so I decided to change this by Choosing le Wagon Lausanne. It was the best thing to do. In only 9 weeks I've learned to code, for me, that's amazing while I've had zero knowledge before. I can't say that it was easy, but if you are motivated enough, you can do it. For my luck, in the last week of boot camp I've had an interview with a company for a project manager job, and the very next day they called to announce me that I'll start a week later.
    Le Wagon is definitely the best thing that happened to me in the last 10 years!
    I really recommend this experience to everyone who wants to learn to code and I can't wait the Data Scientist courses in Lausanne!

• Graduate
    - 4/1/2020
    Tori   User Photo
    Tori • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Before Le Wagon I was an Engineer with no real coding experience. I decided to join Le Wagon so I could gain more technical knowledge, and have opportunities to apply to jobs as a developer. My experience with Le Wagon was great, the staff in Mexico City was amazing and definitely made my experience even better! Would definitely recommend Le Wagon to anyone!
  • Yago Lomondo  User Photo
    Yago Lomondo • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Before starting Le Wagon I was studying engineering and I discovered my love for coding in a class on C. A friend of mine told me about Le Wagon and I went to some workshops and talked about it with Rio's manager. The ideia of doing a bootcamp, only two months, and learn a lot about programming seemed invaluable. So, in January 2020, I was starting the bootcamp with great expectations.

I can not say I was fully prepared though. The bootcamp is hard, like really hard. You might go through the challenges in a good pace but when the optionals are reached, then it's a puzzle where nothing seems to fit. It's in these moments where Le Wagon's methodology shines trough the most. First I ask my buddy, if we find no answer we call a teacher or teaching assistant. It might be hard to believe but a lot of times you will end up asking your buddy and you two come up with an answer, guiding each other through the day. In the case you really need insight the best teachers you could hope for are there to help you with your problem. Having good guidance speeds the learning process tenfold and I was able to do much more than when I was learning on my own before the bootcamp.

I'm not even getting into the organization of the resources, wich is top-notch, or the workshops, talks, tests, livecode, lectures. Everything is set up to make sure you are getting the most you can out of the bootcamp, and more importantly, teach you how to learn and code by yourself. When you finish it you are already able to learn and find resources on your own, wich for me was the most important lesson, how to search for answers.

My experience was not only coding though, and there was a lot of fun moments with all the great people involved in the same goal as me. There was so many unforgettable I can't even count. All I can say is I'm really grateful for being able to have spent all this time with the incredible Le Wagon Rio's team and all of the other alumni. And if you are thinking about doing the bootcamp I can frankly say it was the best decision I made in my whole life.
  • Clem Paiement  User Photo
    Clem Paiement • Student Verified via GitHub
    Overall the experience at Le Wagon was great! The assistant teachers were of great help throughout the whole bootcamp and very knowledgeable. Since this is a program offered in many country I was able to meet lots of great people from around the world. I was also lucky the be part of a batch with a majority of woman. I came out of the bootcamp with a network and new skills!
  • Jahaira Castañeda  User Photo
    Jahaira Castañeda • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    My choice to join Le Wagon’s 9-week intensive bootcamp in January of 2020 rose when I finally gained the courage to take a leap of faith in a major career change.

I am originally from Southern California and temporarily moved to London for the period of the course. Prior to starting my journey with Le Wagon, I was working in the mental health field as a children’s therapist, thus having no prior technological experience. I have always had a curiosity for technology and could not find a viable route into the tech field until I came across coding bootcamps. After extensive research of multiple bootcamps within the states and internationally, I was entirely convinced with Le Wagon’s course. I was able to speak directly to alumni I found on LinkedIn and Alexandre (General Manager) who was incredibly supportive and informative throughout literally the entire process, from applying, any frequently asked questions to finances.

I enrolled in the course as a full-time student and if I could describe the entire 9-weeks in one word it would be: INTENSE. From the first day onto the last day, it was non-stop coding and learning. The entire experience was very difficult, but very rewarding. I have never been pushed in the manner as I was pushed to learn and comprehend new material as I did throughout my period at Le Wagon. Regardless of how intense the program was, I am beyond grateful for my decision to take on this challenge. It has been life changing and completely possible with the immense support given by the Le Wagon staff. One of the things I appreciated the most, which I also found quite unique about this program, was the fact that all staff were students who previously graduated from the course. This enabled a more genuine connection because they understood the struggles we as students went through from their own personal experience. Le Wagon not only offered a great learning experience, they offered a fun, networking environment. From meeting guest speakers that work in the tech field to social bonding with drinks, it was all so unique and more than just a “course”. One of the most challenging things I encountered was having to work on projects as a group which consisted of the last three weeks of the bootcamp. Having to work with completely different individuals truly prepares you for the reality of a work environment, learning to not only code but to work and communicate as a team.

Unfortunately, due to the unforeseeable circumstances of the coronavirus pandemic, our batches 360 and 361 were unable to have a proper graduation and present our projects to the public, we also missed out on our additional 10th week which was considered “Career Week”. Nevertheless, I highly recommend Le Wagon to anyone seeking to change their career with or without coding experience, it was definitely worth it.
  • Mike Warren  User Photo
    Mike Warren • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Le Wagon Tokyo was such an amazing 9-week experience. I went from having zero programming experience to being able to build fully functional web apps which caught the eye of recruiters and prospective companies.

From providing a thorough lectures to making sure that knowledgeable teaching assistants were on hand to provide support when stuck on challenges, every day at Le Wagon was a learning experience.

If you are looking for a course that will spoonfeed you and hold your hand then this is not the course for you. Le Wagon Tokyo gives just enough support to grasp the content before giving ample time to put what you have learnt into practice, make mistakes then support you understand why you made the mistake which results in a real depth of understanding of critical concepts.

I cannot rate the Le Wagon Tokyo staff highly enough, they are knowledgeable, friendly, supportive and make you feel like you are part of the Le Wagon community.

After graduation you maintain access to all study materials and are part of a huge alumni network which can help with projects you are working on, make recommendations and even help with introductions to business which are hiring.

For anyone unsure of which bootcamp to pick, I would highly doubt you would find a better offering than that offered by Le Wagon and especially the Le Wagon Tokyo course.
  • Kaori  User Photo
    Kaori • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Before starting bootcamp, I was skeptical how much I can learn at 9weeks and if it' worth investment or not, but I have no regret I made a decision to join Le Wagon. There were days I was frustrated and felt I was not good enough for coding, but I always had teachers who took time for me to help understanding and others students who motivate me. I want to give 5starts to Le Wagon not only for all the experience and skills that I gained but also for connections and friendship that I made through Le Wagon!
  • Lea   User Photo
    Lea • FrontEnd Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I started Le Wagon with no dev background at all. Originally from the music business industry, I have professional experiences in communications and events but started to get a bit frustrated by the lack of opportunities in this area. I decided to unleash my inner geek mind and started Le Wagon in January 2020.

This was a big investment for my career and I do not regret it at all!!

The teachers were all very supportive and talented with different teaching methods and coding practices which enabled us to have a large spectrum of the dev world.
    The course is very well-structured and gives you solid skills in web programming in only two months. If someone would have told me what I would acquire so much in such a short period of time, I wouldn't have believed them.
    The final project gives you a real opportunity to put into practice the skills you've learnt and is also a great way to showcase your work for future employers.

Last but not least, the atmosphere was incredible! I had very friendly and supportive teammates with whom I struggled, learnt, laughed, had coffee  with. It got me motivated every single day and made the experience truly unforgettable.
  • arnaud  User Photo
    arnaud • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    After working as sales operations manager at a food delivery company in Singapore and at the end of a year off travelling around the world I decided to attend Le Wagon in Tokyo to learn new skills with the idea in mind to find a job in Japan as web developer or as product manager.
    The pace was pretty intense but I got all the support needed from teachers and teaching assistants.
    The variety of subjects was pretty broad but the way the bootcamp is designed enables you to go in depth in each one  of them.
    During the 6 first weeks, there was an hour and a half lecture at 9am, then we had to work on challenges with a different buddy everyday and finally at 5:30pm an hour and a half of live code where we either had to volunteer or someone got randomly picked, it was great fun. When going home we had to do the flashcards, could keep working on the daily exercises and could prepare the next day's lecture by watching a video.
    Learning materials and resources are incredibly rich, I can not imagine how many hours the founders spent on it.
    At the beginning of the 5th week, each student had to pitch one idea and everyone had to vote and rank their favorite ones. Based on the vote, each student was assigned to a team of four working on the higher ranked projects. This team would be the same for the last three weeks.
    During the 7th week, we still had class in the morning but during the rest of the day we were working as a team on a copy cat of Airbnb. It's rewarding to finally use the skills you developed and see a proper result.
    You pitch one or more user journey at the end of that week.
    The last two weeks are the project's ones. Even if they are the toughest ones, they are the coolest because you develop a nice product as a team. Working as a team may have been the most difficult part as most of us were not perfectly comfortable with coding yet. I stopped counting the times we were merging the branch of someone to the master of our app and it was breaking everything, but the fun is also to find the origin of the issue and fix it. Each team presented their product on the last day (demo day) in front of a big audience. Some networking followed and we all went to celebrate.
    During the following week (career week), teachers helped us with our CV, Linkedin, Portfolio and told us how to land a job particularly in Japan, pretty useful.
    We can always reach out later on if needed.

To sum up, in my previous job, I had to hire developers on different projects and always thought about what if I knew how to do it myself. Now that the bootcamp is over, I still need to learn a lot and keep coding to reach the level of the people I worked with (I could now do on my own some of the small scale projects I requested) but I learned the most important thing, which is the methodology and I also now have access to the alumni network if I am stuck with something.

Le Wagon and especially the one of Tokyo in my case is a great experience to start but also to improve your coding skills. I met people from all kinds of backgrounds and nationalities I attended many interesting workshops recommended by our teachers and most of the people in our batch were hanging out together a lot and will keep seeing each other afterwards. I struggled a lot like most of the students but it was super rewarding to hold on. Everyone was on the same boat so people helped each other a lot.

I strongly recommend anyone to attend Le Wagon if they want to change career or learn new skills.

• Ryanda Diedan  User Photo
    Ryanda Diedan • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I joined Le Wagon Tokyo because I need to learn from zero about building web apps. I am a software engineer before joining the course, I worked at an IT Company, but I don't feel like I can really call myself one because I'm feeling like impostor about it. I am a B.Sc in Computer Science, and I learn several things about programming before, but I never really put everything down to the test, and made something other than assignments and thesis. And with the rapid changes of technology nowadays, having everyone is connected to the internet through their own smartphone, it's interesting to get into the trend.

With my company closing and several other things, I made the choice to join Le Wagon and learned everything again, and I am so glad about it, because now I really know how to make something and I found myself inside a community where I can ask for some help and contribute for the others too.

I was really skeptical because there was a lot of good reviews about Le Wagon, but I was wrong. Everything was really good and I really had fun re-learning everything again.

I graduated on March 2020, batch #363. It was a fun 9 weeks, everything was rather tough, but I see that everyone in my batch can now just code without really thinking much about what-and-where-to-start with.

Even after 9 weeks, they gave an extra one week to help us getting started on job searching and some other things. It is hard to find a job in Tokyo, but this one extra week really helps me to understand that it wasn't as hard as I experienced before. There is jobs for foreigners too here, and I was too fixated on looking for traditional companies years ago.

I loved my experience here, and I can proudly say that joining Le Wagon is one of the best choice I ever made in my life. It gave me a refresh of everything, a new community, a new perspective, and much other things.

• Morgan  User Photo
    Morgan • Mechanical Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    From the first day to the last I enjoyed every minute. Intensive and challenging, yet simple. Simple because Le Wagon guides you through the process of learning how to code. The lectures were engaging and the teachers were experienced. They new their stuff. Every TA (Teacher Assistant) was 100% dedicated to seeing you through the challenges. I had so much fun, not only coding.. but getting to know my fellow wagoners which were so talented. After your morning 1:30-2hr lectures you start your day long challenges. Testing your wits, Testing yourself, you actually get to know what your strengths and weaknesses are. At the end of the day (7:30pm) you feel like barely 3 hours have passed.. its an amazing feeling. Recommend Le Wagon 100%.
  • Augustin   User Photo
    Augustin • Student • Student Verified via GitHub
    What I did before:

I was a student in Business Management, during my University courses I learned a lot but I was not that stimulated. I always had a big interest in technology and I had never immersed myself in the thousands of resources we have on the internet. So I decided to start with Free Code Camp to learn the fundamentals. Step by step the need to learn programming and development web seriously becomes a reality for me. So I decided to apply the next Le Wagon batch, batch 367!

Why I did it?

Passionate about entrepreneurship, I spent a lot of time thinking about what I could invent, produce, bring to this world. Learning web development made me understand we all have the possibility to express our creativity with code, creating fantastic things!

Using Free Code Camp and Code Academy I discovered something new every day, but I felt something was missing. I had to go deeper into programming and web development. My project was to learn how to develop an application that was solid and attractive.

The continuation of this project was done at Le wagon where I met people who, like me, needed to learn web development.

How did it go?

This bootcamp was an incredible experience : every day we learned a new concept. At Le Wagon, new concepts mean new challenges. You must remember, I had started in this experience as a "debutant" beginner: you have no idea of the number of times I have been stuck in front of my computer. But no stress, these 9 intense weeks allowed me to overcome this difficulty, by adopting every day a new approach to a different type of problem. Day after day my knowledge became stronger and gave me the skills to be ready for every challenge.

Remember when you are stuck in front of your computer, the important is to communicate. During the bootcamp , I have met new friends and colleagues and together we have worked in teams. Exchanging with them every day has created an invaluable experience. Often, they had different approaches to the same problem, which made me learn a lot. Realize that you are not alone in being frustrated in front of your screen. Together you are stronger!

Sometimes you can't find the solution so you just open a ticket or shout for help! And a fantastic T.A. (teacher assistant) comes to your aid! What they bring you is something unique: you are stuck but with their knowledge, without giving you the answer, they give you a different perspective, a different way to approach your problem. When you finally get the answer to a problem the feeling is awesome!

When the first seven first weeks had passed, you're ready for Project weeks! The two most rewarding, intense and exciting weeks !
     Project weeks, two weeks to build an app, what an amazing challenge right? My team has chosen to build an app that selects touristic activities to do for any chosen destination, according to your interests. An amazing experience, from scratch, we have learned and worked in collaboration. We were three, together we did our best to create the best UI / UX.

You know what?

We were so proud, in two weeks, to successfully transform our ideas into an MVP. The feeling that this success brings you is extraordinary. I never thought I would be able to do so much and yet I can do it!

This experience has changed my life. To meet le Wagon's community brought me the skills to make my place in the tech world. Everything you have learned gives you the fundamentals to discover, learn and use new resources. You learn how to learn
  • Great Investement
    - 3/30/2020
    Nour  User Photo
    Nour • Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I completed Le Wagon course in March 2020.

Before the bootcamp I always wanted to learn to code I tried but it was nothing serious. I joined le Wagon to learn new technical skills and seeing their community on social medias got me curious.

So these are the things that makes Le Wagon unique:

• Web developer in just 9 weeks:
    It's hard to believe that but you'll be amazed about the things you'll learn not just about coding but also about yourself in 9 intensive weeks.

• Well structured curriculum:
    It challenges you and keep you motivated. They'll teach you as much theory as you need to understand the concepts and a lot of practise.  Most of the teachers and TAs did Le Wagon bootcamp before, so they know exactly what difficulties you face everyday and how to help you take the most out of the learning journey. They are there to help you solve the problem by your own. Which give you a better understanding and helps you become independent. You’ll be solving challenges in team, building 2 projects from scratch in 3 weeks and you'll still have access to their platform  do the challenges again or just to reference to assist in what you're working on.

• It's for anyone:
    We were 18 students doing the bootcamp, we all came from different background (designer, marketing manager, manager, college student, lawyer, engineer..) and at the end we all made things we didn't think we were able to do.
    We had 13 different nationalities and being in a new place learning new things brought us together in a way I didn’t expect, but was happy to experience.

• Le Wagon community:
    Le Wagon team is always here to give you the support you need: during the bootcamp or even after, teachers, TAs and all the team is present and dedicated to help you grow. Le Wagon team is also really supportive: whatever your needs are, you can always count on the staff to help you find a solution! Le Wagon team is always going to be there to support you and to cheer you up when you need it.

• Le Wagon gives you the opportunity to grow your network:
    When I started Le Wagon, I was new in Montreal and didn’t have any network. Thanks to Le Wagon, I developed my network.
     Le Wagon is part of a huge tech/startup community, so they can help you connect with the right person depending on your needs. They organise many events (Le Wagon Talks, Meet-ups, Lunch and Learn..) where you can meet and learn from experienced and inspiring tech professionals, alumni, founders... And it also allows you to find great opportunities. You also have a lifetime access to their slack channels where you are connected to a community that will supports you whenever you need.

• Learning how to build a product from scratch:
    During the last three weeks we built an Airbnb clone and our very own product. During these three weeks we learned every step from coming up with an idea, designing it, pitching it, creating a prototype, writing the code, pushing it into production and presenting the MVP during a demo day where you have the opportunity to showcase your work in front of recruiters. And these 3 weeks you will also learn how to work in a group, communicate, and organize.

I'm really glad for being a part of Le Wagon community it's the best place to to be yourself, learn new things and surpass yourself while having fun surrounded by inspiring and caring people. So I really recommend to jump in this journey and give it a try!

• Le Wagon London
    - 3/28/2020
    Elie Francis  User Photo
    Elie Francis • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Before joining Le Wagon, I was in the marketing & design field, wanted to evolve more, so I joined Le Wagon, these guys are literally magic, they changed my life with their passion for coding and the lifestyle they have.
    I didn't know what was the terminal before I started my Bootcamp, and now I'm a certified developer and currently working in this field because of them.
    If anybody wants to become a great developer I highly recommend Le Wagon.
    I'm very thankful for these guys and honored to be part of this beautiful family!

• Katie King  User Photo
    Katie King • Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I've just completed the nine week Le Wagon web development course in Melbourne. Wow, what an amazing experience. Having not studied in a long time I found the course very challenging. The teachers were super knowledgeable and helped you understand how you would use the skills in real world scenarios. We had teachers assistants who helped us with ay question we had which was ridiculously helpful for when Google just didn't cut it. The course is really well put together and available online when you're finished so you can look back at what you did previously, do the challenges again or just to reference to assist in what you're working on.
    Presenting my project at the end of the course was a scary and invaluable moment for me. Having a product to be able to show future employers is such a great start to my portfolio.
    After the course has finished we've had more workshops in regards to career coaching and personal branding. Well worth the investment. In the current world environment, who doesn't want to be able to work online and remotely. I would highly recommend.
  • John  User Photo
    John • Full stack developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Before I attended LeWagon I had worked as a model maker, CAD engineer and then got into engineering as a CNC programmer. While working as the latter I read an article about a company which had designed a software to do the job that I was doing. Since then I knew I was on borrowed time and I needed to upskill to future proof myself. I talked to a few friends about what to do and did some research myself and the overwhelming skillset I saw was coding.

Over the Summer I went the self-taught approach and tried Python. With my background in making and logical thinking I instantly fell in love with coding. It amalgamates everything I enjoy about my past professions.

A new job made me realise I didn’t want to do engineering anymore so I decided to dive head first into a career change and do a full-time bootcamp. I did my research and went to several open nights to get a feel of the places. I found LeWagon the most welcoming and the course layout sounded more inline with the way I’m accustom to working. I applied and after a video interview I was accepted and set to begin at the start of the year.

I didn’t think I’d enjoy the course as much as I did, the friends I made, not only my fellow classmates but also the tutors and TAs made 9 weeks fly by and we were all saddened when it had to end. What really appealed to me was the buddy system LeWagon implements which pairs you up with as different buddy everyday to work through the days challenges. This is what I had been severely missing from my time self-teaching, being able to talk through the problems with someone in the exact same position as you.

With a new buddy everyday you get to talk with each person in your class and find out what their background is and why they’re doing a career change. Knowing that others are in the same position as you builds up a strong camaraderie that I haven’t experienced in a professional environment in a long time.

To anyone on the fence, thinking “I don’t think I’ll be good enough”, almost everyone else is in the same position as you. Take the plunge, learn to code and change your life
  • Evan Byrd  User Photo
    Evan Byrd • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Formerly a Product Manager and consultant in the digital Healthcare space, I desired a radical boost to my technical toolkit to help me professionally and new opportunities to create on my own.  My experience as a Product Manager meant that I needed to converse “intelligently” about code which I never felt comfortable doing.  I also spearheaded my first business and assumed maintaining the code base would be the best case scenario for a business I care so deeply about.

Le Wagon was as rigorous as advertised which meant that we were constantly challenged and motivated to improve our understanding of the curriculum.  The setting is idyllic in the quiet surf town of Canggu and our days were well structured with complex exercises, attentive instructors, and a steady stream of coffee.

My final project was selected for additional development and I got to work with two (now friends) thoughtful developers who made my dream a functional reality. This is an exceptional program and I am excited to see my colleagues again to see how they have progressed.

#349
  • Rory O'Neill  User Photo
    Rory O'Neill • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    After 10 years running pubs in and around London I started to feel stagnant in my career and was looking for a change. A chance conversation with my brother put me on to Le Wagon and I started investigating more online. After (literally) hours scouring the internet trying (and failing) to find anyone with anything bad to say about them I decided to apply, still thinking at the back of my mind that it all seemed a bit too good to be true (spoiler alert: it wasn’t).

From the first point of contact, through the interview process and throughout the 9 week boot-camp I was consistently blown away by the competence, organisation, but above all the friendliness, of everyone involved in Le Wagon.

Coming from a non-technical background (I wrote my first line of code 3 weeks before boot-camp started) I was anxious that I would be completely lost when the boot-camp started but it was the opposite. Every day you are buddied-up with another student and there are plenty of teachers and TA’s on hand to help as well so there’s always someone to give you a hand if you get stuck. Furthermore the daily challenges (based around each day’s lecture topic) are structured in such a way that they’ll stretch you whether you’ve picked a topic up quickly or are struggling to grasp it.

The most rewarding part of the bootcamp for me was the project weeks: the last two weeks of the camp where you work as a team to design, build and deploy a product which you then demo in front of your friends and family on the last day of boot-camp. My group built an app which compares emission data from various supermarkets and points the user towards the retailer where their purchases would have the lowest environmental impact. I never would have dreamed before the bootcamp that I would be able to build something like this just 9 weeks later.

The technical aspect, however, is only a small part of what makes Le Wagon great. The environment and community is the most remarkable I’ve ever observed. Everyone involved, from teachers & TA’s to support staff to your fellow students are all 100% invested in your development and nothing is ever too much trouble for anyone. You really are part of the family from day 1.

Nowadays we are surrounded by advertising slogans which don’t keep their promises. Le Wagon tells you “Learn to code. Change your life.” and for me, anyway, they have delivered. Believe the hype.
  • Katell GOAER  User Photo
    Katell GOAER • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have completed Le Wagon Montreal coding bootcamp in March 2020.

I had been working as a Marketing manager for 5 years, but I wanted to change career for a long time. It took me 2 years to decide to join Le Wagon.
    I started to learn programming alone, at home. But it was very difficult to focus long enough, and I was progressing so slowly.

At Le Wagon, in just 9 weeks, we learned so many things! It was amazing to see people from different backgrounds, nationalities and ages arrive with no knowledge in programming, and leave Le Wagon, able to develop an app from scratch.

At Le Wagon, you learn about coding for sure, but you also learn about yourself and others as well.
    It's a coding and human adventure!
  • Great experience
    - 3/26/2020
    Eva  User Photo
    Eva • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I worked in various commercial roles over the past 4 years and was often being exposed to working with tech teams. I found it fascinating how these “developer guys” always came up with such useful solutions and decided to become one of them to be able to build my own products in the future.

I started coding on Codecademy and learned some basic HTML and CSS in the evenings after work. However, a few months in I felt like I was stagnating and I didn’t quite know where to go from here. That’s when I started looking into coding bootcamps. After reading about and comparing different programmes, I decided to join the full-time course at Le Wagon.

Now, 9 weeks are over, I finished the course and I would do it all over again!

The pace was fast and the learning curve was steep but thanks to the great team of teachers and TA’s I never felt completely overwhelmed. During the first six weeks, we started with a lecture in the morning and worked on various coding challenges with our buddy throughout the day. The buddy system was great. It made me realise how important explaining code to another person was for my own understanding.

What have I learnt?

• Strong foundations: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, CSS, HTML, ES6, MVC, OOP, DB structures, Git, Github, technical workflow, Wireframes, prototyping, UI design and I’m confident that I will be able to build on these.

• Mindset: Probably even more important, I developed a mindset that will enable me to learn even more languages and frameworks in the future.

• How to build a product from scratch: During the last three weeks we built an Airbnb clone and our very own product. During these three weeks we learned every step from coming up with an idea, pitching it, creating a prototype, writing the code, pushing it into production and presenting the MVP.

The entire Le Wagon team is incredibly supportive and my fellow students were phenomenal! I can recommend this course to anyone who is looking to take on a new challenge.
  • Diego Larraz  User Photo
    Diego Larraz • Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Throughout my undergraduate degree in Business Management, I felt that I had too much time on my hands and I was definitely not learning nearly enough practical skills that I could apply to my future career. After graduating, I took on a job at a small Fintech startup as an operations analyst. Little did I know that being an operations analyst meant that I had to be filing documents and answering phone calls in which I had to repeat the same conversations over and over again. The work there was extremely tedious and mind numbing as we had to copy and paste data from the database onto an excel sheet to measure our performance. I had a look into automating the data entry and I used webhooks to roll out the process. That simple job saved the operations team 20 hours of work per week. As soon as I got it to work I got a rush and was extremely happy to have found a solution to that problem and to never have to copy and paste data into that excel sheet again. That is when I started looking into coding and potentially switching my career to do it professionally. I had heard about Le Wagon from a friend that had taken the course in France, when I looked at the programme specifications I was very interested to join.

I decided that if I was going to make a career change now was the time, so I left my job and enrolled as a full-time student at the bootcamp. From the first couple of days I was hooked to coding, I really loved the daily routine of getting to class and spending the whole day solving challenges with my buddy. It was extremely interesting to not only learn from the lecturers and TAs but from other students as well. Le Wagon teaches you how to think critically to solve coding challenges as well as collaborate with others which really made it feel like we were a team. This experience would not have been the same if it wasn't for the people that constitute the school, I was able to concentrate for long periods of time and also know when to relax with others and have a laugh even after the boot camp ended. I can say with certainty I have made very good friends at the course and I am now equipped to confidently build websites for a living.

I would recommend taking this course to anyone that is willing to commit to putting in the hard work to change careers because the bootcamp is what you make of it, so make the most of what can be the most defining 9 weeks of your life.
  • William  User Photo
    William • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Personal Background

I joined Le Wagon because I wanted to change my career. I fell into teaching ESL as a way to fund my travels, and paradoxically it gradually became a career that kept me grounded. In my free time I had been learning coding through online bootcamps, tutorials, and courses. I learned Python, JavaScript, CSS, and HTML. But, I didn’t have the time or skill to put them all together in a very useful way. I realized that my self-study was going too slow so I decided to join a bootcamp. I did some research and landed on Le Wagon.

My home is in South Korea, so I was looking at taking the course in a couple of nearby locations: Seoul, Tokyo, and Bali. While I analyzed the costs and weighed the pros and cons, ultimately I asked myself, ‘Where would be the best place to focus and immerse myself?’ Having visited Canggu on a number of occasions in the past for surfing, I knew it would be a good place to take Le Wagon.

Canggu has many amenities on offer to make a long-term stay comfortable and convenient. Housing, food, co-working spaces, and of course the beach, are all within walking distance and very affordable. I knew that the less time I spent worrying about daily necessities meant more time I could focus on the bootcamp.

Teaching Staff

I really enjoyed getting to know the lecturers and teaching assistants at Le Wagon Bali. They were all very knowledgable, personable, and passionate about their jobs. They never hesitated to work through a tricky problem or help explain a puzzling concept. I liked that the teachers rotated through different lectures. Each of the three main lecturers have a unique teaching style, so I appreciated the rotation to keep things fresh in the lectures.

Curriculum and Course Structure

The course is very fast paced. For me, the Ruby portion was a bit of a refresher coming off the prep work and some personal study I had done in the past. That’s okay, it meant I could do some of the optional challenges and dig into some more of the nuances of the Ruby language.

The course is structured in a way that you are constantly learning faster and more efficient ways to code. Of course it would be nice to know the fastest and most efficient method from the beginning, but because I know the underlying principles I already feel more confident diving into another language or framework to supplement what I learned in the course.

Value

I am very satisfied with the quality of education and the in-and-out-of-classroom support from the staff. I would not hesitate to recommend this program to someone with the time and means to initiate a change. For me, the biggest non-quantitative value of the bootcamp is the people who were my classmates. I had classmates from 13 different countries, each of whom I spent time with working through challenges and getting to know between classes. Bali attracts people from all over, and I think being in a new place learning new things brought us together in a way I didn’t expect, but was happy to experience.
  • Amazing experience
    - 3/25/2020
    Iram  User Photo
    Iram • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was studying Criminology and Sociology, and have always dreamt of becoming a detective. After my degree I realised there was very little flexibility in that sector. I needed more flexibility so that I could be around my 3 year old and not have to work full time hours. I started taking some UX / UI and Web Development courses on Udemy. I landed my first job as an Integration Analyst and then Solutions Architect but I found it very difficult to keep up with my lack of technical knowledge. A Developer friend recommended Le Wagon, I left my job and signed up! And here I am 9 weeks after, I am a proud Full Stack Developer with the world full of possibilities.

It was a tough 9 weeks, I started so confidently but there was a point where I thought it wasn’t sinking in and wanted to give up. However, the amazing staff at Le Wagon kept me going. Ben gave us reboot sessions, Cecilia took out time to explain her way of learning which really benefited me, and Celine listened to me regarding my worries and guided me to the appropriate support. Thank you so much to the whole team at Le Wagon!

The structure of the course at Le Wagon is incredible! I enjoyed the morning lectures, and then being left to work on tasks throughout the day. There is an amazing buddy system which allows you to work with a different person everyday, you choose how you want to work, you can pair programme or just sit next to each other and work on your own tasks. This was a great way of learning to work with others whilst having fun getting to know other people. I can say I made a lot of friends at Le Wagon and I am more confident in working with a tech team. The last 3 weeks are entirely product focused, we build our own version of an Airbnb clone and then our final projects. When working in the tech sector you hear coding is not the problem working with people is, and yes I also learnt this. I found it incredibly difficult to work as part of a team at first but with the guidance and support of teachers at Le Wagon I learnt that communication is key. And saying that we came together as a team and build an amazing product, Code for Change.

I excited about what the future holds and very happy about becoming a part of the Le Wagon family.