Amsterdam, Bali, Barcelona, Beirut, Beirut, Belo Horizonte, Belo Horizonte, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Chengdu, Copenhagen, Dubai, Istanbul, Kyoto, Kyoto, Lausanne, Lille, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Madrid, Madrid, Marseille, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Munich, Nantes, Oslo, Oslo, Paris, Recife, Rennes, Rio de Janeiro, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Singapore, Stockholm, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Toronto

Le Wagon offers 9-week full-time and 24-week part-time courses in Web Development and Data Science at 40 campuses across the world. The 24-week part-time course meets on weekday evenings and Saturdays. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.

Graduates of Le Wagon's Web Development bootcamp will be proficient in Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, APIs, Github, and Heroku. The bootcamp requires 60 hours of online work to prepare for the course. In two months, web development students will be able to build several web applications, including a clone of Airbnb and a personal project. Graduates of the Web Development bootcamp go on to become developers and product managers. Graduates of the Data Science bootcamp will be proficient in Python, SQL and be able to implement Machine Learning algorithms. They go on to become data analysts, data engineers, and data scientists. The bootcamp requires 40 hours of online work to prepare for the course.

• Data Science Course - Full-time

LocationAmsterdam, Shanghai, Brussels, Paris, Bordeaux, London, Lisbon, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Montreal, Berlin, Lyon, Tokyo, Marseille, Belo Horizonte, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Oslo, Singapore
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic mathematic & programming background required
  • Web Development Course - Full-time

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby, SQL
    LocationMadrid, Rennes, Shenzhen, Chengdu, Bali, Kyoto, Amsterdam, Shanghai, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Dubai, Stockholm, Brussels, Paris, Bordeaux, Lille, London, Lisbon, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Nantes, Montreal, Berlin, Lyon, Tokyo, Marseille, Belo Horizonte, Milan, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Tel Aviv, Barcelona, Oslo, Lausanne, Singapore, Seoul, Munich
    Minimum Skill LevelNo minimum skills required
    Prep WorkRuby track on Codecademy
  • Web Development Course - Part-time

LocationBrussels, Paris, Bordeaux, Lille, London, Lisbon, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Nantes, Montreal, Berlin, Lyon, Tokyo, Marseille, Belo Horizonte, Milan, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Tel Aviv, Barcelona, Oslo, Lausanne, Singapore, Seoul, Munich
    Minimum Skill LevelNo minimum skills required
    Prep WorkRuby track on Codecademy

• Denver Stove  User Photo
    Denver Stove • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

If you want to learn how to code, the Le Wagon 9 Week Bootcamp is a fantastic place to start. After studying degrees in both economics and law, I wanted to satisfy my curiosity of learning web development. I chose the Le Wagon course because it starts from scratch and quickly builds the necessary skills needed to build end-to-end web applications.

The camp is instense but extremely rewarding, each day there are new challenges which build upon existing learning to build a skillset of a fullstack developer. As well as learning the technical side, you also learn about wokring as part of a production team as well as making presentations and pitching your projects.

I would highly recommend the course to anyone who is even vaguely interested in learning web development. The structure of the course provides for accelerated learning and there are ever helpful teachers and assistants ready to guide you along the way.

• Daphne Kua  User Photo
    Daphne Kua • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I wrote a post to share about how I got interested in programming, why I chose Le Wagon, how the experience was and tips to get the most out of it. If you are interested, read here: https://dev.to/daphnekua/why-i-invested-in-my-tech-career-with-le-wagon-and-my-review-on-it-529m

My Le Wagon experience

No doubt the bootcamp was very intensive for me and for most of my peers who also did not have any technical background.
    • Many new complex concepts were introduced everyday.
    • You have to understand those concepts to be able to attempt each day's challenges.
    • These challenges usually have several requirements so you have to be at the peak of your concentration in order to piece everything together.
    • You have to maintain the same focus for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week over the span of 9 weeks.

As gruelling as it can be, there were many things about Le Wagon that made it such an incredible learning experience.
    - The curriculum is well-designed
    Their choice of programming language, Ruby, is an elegant language that is simple to understand for starters, and mastering it makes it easier to pick up other languages. Other programming concepts are gradually introduced which are updated and relevant, and would help you eventually build full-fledged web applications that you can call your own.
    - Trust the process
    It may be difficult to connect the dots at first, but we were told to "trust the process" from day one. Everything start to come together very beautifully in the final weeks.
    - Projects simulate real world software development
    Starting from product ideation, user stories, product prototyping, coding, testing, to debugging. We also worked on soft skills such as building resilience, communication, presentation, pair programming and working together in a randomly assigned team.
    - Everyday is intense but follows a rigid structure
    The structure from 9AM to 6PM: 2H lecture + challenges + 1H live code
    There is a clear daily structure so you can easily jump right into it. Lectures are long enough to introduce new concepts yet not overwhelm us too much. When we were stuck on the challenges, the instructors and teaching assistants would guide us on our understanding and problem solving skills, which is crucial when we work independently in future.
    - The instructors care
    The Le Wagon instructors are very passionate in what they do and really want their students to succeed. They had a personal touch towards each of our learning style, be it through explanation, illustrating through drawings and charts, extra practices, additional resources to find out more, etc. They gave us the confidence and reassurance that we needed to keep pushing.
    - Access to a community of developers
    We also get lifetime Slack access to the community of alumni. As with any industry, it is always helpful to have people you can reach out to and get news and insights about the state of the industry.
  • Sharon  User Photo
    Sharon • Junior Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My Le Wagon experience was unforgettable! When I decided to join Le Wagon, I came with minimal knowledge of code and had only learnt a bit of HTML and CSS. My batch underwent the full-time bootcamp 100% remotely and the support that was provided by the team was amazing - what a seamless experience! I felt well supported in this community and have built amazing friendships for life. The content that we received for 9 weeks was lots and I was able to understand how to build web apps from front end to back end to deployment by the end of it. It has also taught me how to work and communicate with others as we did lots of pair programming and group projects, which is an important skill that employers look for. The teachers were great at explaining and debugging. The learning platform that all students have access to is continuously updated so you'll never run out of content to learn after bootcamp. In terms of job support - after getting that initial support from Le Wagon's careers coaching sessions, I planned my own strategy to get through the job hunt successful and landed a job 5 weeks after bootcamp.

Definitely don't expect to know everything about coding straight out of bootcamp, it is a 9-week bootcamp that they are trying to help you understand about web development and not a 4-year computer science degree. Learning to code is an ongoing journey! Honestly, no regrets at all for joining Le Wagon. It has propelled my learning and career pivot as I know I need the intensity and accountability from others to successfully learn something from scratch (I have previously attempted to learn coding myself and it didn't work out).

I do recommend a decent laptop (a Mac or a slightly more powerful windows) if you are doing the bootcamp remotely as it may disrupt your experience if your laptop lags half the time!
  • Julien Ergan  User Photo
    Julien Ergan • Junior Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The Le Wagon Tokyo bootcamp literally helped me to change my life. Four months after graduating from the bootcamp, I landed my dream job: my first junior software developer position in a very talented team of software engineers and computer scientists in a very creative startup in Shibuya, Tokyo. I had no prior working experience in Japan nor degree from a Japanese University.

The team at Le Wagon Tokyo is absolutely fantastic: Sylvain (the Le Wagon Tokyo founder), the teachers Douglas, Yann and Trouni and Sasha (parternships and events). The teachers are genuinely passionate about teaching you how to code, to share their knowledge and very importantly to teach you how to gain the developer mindset and habits of "learning by doing" and "trail and error". They were super available and enthusiasts to answer all my questions before, during and after the bootcamp. The support after the bootcamp (during the job hunt phase) was brilliant as well.

The content and structure of the curriculum is very well thought, comprehensive and continuously updated.

At Le Wagon Tokyo I feel that I have learned more than coding, I learned to become a developer. By this I mean that I have not only learned the fundamentals of coding but more importantly how to code in order to build stuff (websites or web applications) that users actually want to use! Personally this new approach (i.e. "learning by building stuff" ) has been a massive mindset shift. And it is simply the best way to learn how to code and to become a good developer. And I felt that I was taught this mindset from day 1 at Le Wagon.

The last 3 weeks of the bootcamp are project weeks with other students. During these weeks I have learned how to work within a team of developers, i.e. how to communicate my ideas and how to use GitHub to share code. I believe that was another excellent preparation to help me land my first developer role.

Another amazing point for me (and which is maybe less often mentioned) is the Slack of Le Wagon. From the day you join the bootcamp, you become part of the Le Wagon Slack and have a lifetime access to it! You gain access to a community of more than 9,000 alumni (at the time of writing this review) and teachers all over the world. In addition to Google and Stack Overflow it is an amazing network and resource to find help as a junior developer, to learn new things and to connect with other like minded people and to find a job if you move to another country.

Overall, I felt that Le Wagon Tokyo bootcamp and team have provided me with all the environment, tools, quality of teaching and support I needed to learn effectively to succeed and land my first job as a developer.

Thank you so much Sylvain, Doug, Yann, Trouni and Sasha for helping to change my life, you are real stars!
  • Sarin Boivin Picard  User Photo
    Sarin Boivin Picard • Full Stack Developper • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My background is in business and finance. I learned how to code during my studies but I felt I needed to dive further into some topics in a more structured way. I was not able to take 2 months off to join a full-time bootcamp so I was happy Le Wagon Montreal offered a part time option. As a private equity and venture capital investor, my rationale for taking this course was to understand how tech businesses were built but also become more efficient with computers at work.
    What I liked the most about the bootcamp was the quality of the TAs (teacher assistants), the format (for the part-time you watch the lectures whenever you want and focus on solving challenges during class) and the fact that they teach you how to think and solve problems like a developer. Another aspect I enjoyed a lot is that the school has great relationships with the start ups in Montreal.
    I enjoyed the bootcamp very much and fell in love with tech. Right now I’m focused on building websites on the side and I am even considering joining a tech company.
  • Eirik  User Photo
    Eirik • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Context: I was a student in batch #402 in Oslo for the web developer

Before joining the Le Wagon boot camp I had spent a few months learning to code on my own using books and websites after having absolutely no exposure to programming for my life at age 31. I thought I was making fine progress on my own and I was skeptical of the benefit a boot camp could offer me. My personal reservations about joining was whether it would be worth it, the price tag is not inconsiderable after all. While I do recommend preparing as much as possible (and definitely do the prep-work as thoroughly as you can) to get the most out of your time at a boot camp, the progress I experienced in my learning with le wagon was much greater than what I had been able to achieve on my own.

The great advantage that the Le Wagon has over something like the career routes I tried from codecademy is that the program is designed holistically. What I mean by this is that rather than taking a whole bunch of separate pieces of knowledge (SQL, JS, RUBY etc) and feeding them to you one after another the program is designed with a single end point in mind. While getting started on the program it was hard to see how it would all be used, but when we got to the ruby on rails section of the syllabus it was like a light went on in my head. I could see that not only was I learning how to use rails, but I had already learned everything I needed to understand just how the different pieces of the rails framework fit together. One of my classmates who found the course very challenging in the beginning and to the middle remarked that at the end it was like things started to click into place. I think this is a reflection of a well designed syllabus.

We also got some very valuable experience working in a team on applications. Learning on your own is well and good, if you are able to, but learning the work-flow on github with pushing, pulling and reviewing other’s works is simply impossible to do on your own. For the last parts of the boot camp we got a lot of very useful experience doing this as we took an application from a pitched idea to a finished MVP. I was honestly amazed at what we were capable of creating on our own after such a short time. You can see what we made at www.infitter.net and a demo at https://www.linkedin.com/posts/le-wagon-norway_changeyourlife-learntocode-activity-6724648218480709632-3ny-

For myself I am very happy that I took the boot camp, I met some great people along the way and while there is still a lot to learn the shroud of mystery around coding has mostly been lifted, so that I not only know more, but I am better equipped to find information on my own. I would recommend the Le Wagon boot camp to anyone looking to break into the world of programming.

• Vincent Leblanc  User Photo
    Vincent Leblanc • Graduate Verified via GitHub

My name is Vincent, before joining the Bootcamp of Le Wagon, I have been an electrician for about 8 years and even if I'm someone who really likes to use his hands and build things, I realized that I wasn't doing something that made me happy and I wanted to change that. That thought started to grow for 2 years and then a friend of my girlfriend told her about some developer she was working with and how he just loved to code. I had already done some coding when I was younger, but I had a very different vision at this age. This conversation picked my interest really quickly. It's at this point that I started to look for a way to learn to code as soon as possible and that's when I found Le Wagon.The experience was incredible, even with the pandemic going on, I learned so much about coding in just a few weeks. I also learned a lot about how to even get better with my coding. I had the chance to lead a small team of 4 people (myself included) to build an app in just 6 weeks! I feel really well equipped to work as a developer and go on working on personal projects.

• Fernando  User Photo
    Fernando • Graduate Verified via GitHub
     After spending a few months deliberating if Le Wagon would be the right choice for a life change, I can say now that it was one of the greatest experiences in my life.
    In the beginning, you can feel a bit overwhelmed with all the new information you are learning. Then, you start settling all these new concepts down and finding some sense. And at the end, you create a project from scratch without thinking that a few weeks before, you did not know anything about coding. I would recommend 100% Le Wagon to anyone who is interested to change its career and go to the tech path. If you have any doubts about it, do not hesitate to visit them, they always welcome you as they did for me. Big thanks to Le Wagon!
  • Petter  User Photo
    Petter • Student Verified via GitHub
    After working with tech-support for about 10 years, I decided to change my career and become a full stack developer.
    I've had some previous development experience following some udemy courses, but that was a long time ago and is not a prerequisite since you required to finish a 60 hours prepwork before the course starts.

During the 9 weeks the bootcamp lasted we had a variety of great teachers in all the different subjects from the basics to the full-stack apps we we're building at the end of the bootcamp.  (www.buddylingua.fun - final project)

I'm really satisfied with choosing Le Wagon, but regret not doing it earlier since i've turned 40 and have 2 kids.
    But I still managed to pull through, and I'm confident I'll find work as a programmer in the future. (just finished)

I can highly recommend Le Wagon to anyone!

• Meagan  User Photo
    Meagan • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     I absolutely loved my experience at Le Wagon Montreal. This program is really to give you the tools to think like a developer and introduce you into the tech community. The curriculum had a huge focus on rest, which I found lacked in the other bootcamps I had applied to, which helped a lot in lowering the stress level and helping the students absorb the huge amount of information coming at us. I also really enjoyed the hybrid format as it was much easier to focus on a Zoom call than in a classroom where there are tons of distractions.

Overall, I could not recommend Le Wagon more!

• Morgana  User Photo
    Morgana • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Le Wagon is not about learning code, is about learning how to learn code. The environment embraces all challenges that we face while learning to code. They encourage you, support you, make you feel strong, and help you to always go ahead. The methodology is great because makes people learn to code in two months, it's not magic but an amazing educational approach. They have excellent teachers, and I bet one of them will be like that remarkable teacher you had in school. Less than one month after Le Wagon I got my first job as a full stack developer and not because I am good at coding,  but because I face the challenge of coding always being resilient and never giving up like Le Wagon taught me.
  • Dennis  User Photo
    Dennis • Junior Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I attended Le Wagon Oslo in 2020. Before joining I had minimal experience, only a few paid & free courses online in Python. I have a bachelors in psychology, and was recently out of work. My last job was in tourism... The bootcamp itself was a 9 week deep dive into the world of coding, and it was worth every minute. I knew I wanted to switch to web development, but I didn't really know how or if it was even possible. I had considered taking a 2nd bachelors in computer science, and had floated the idea of a bootcamp for about 5 years before I finally decided to just go for it.

Now, maybe this career path isn't for everyone, so obviously you have to take that into consideration. Highly recommend trying a few courses for yourself online (even free) to make sure it suits your way of thinking, and most importantly, that you enjoy working with it.

As for Le Wagon Oslo specifically, it was everything I could ask for. Small batches of students means a lot of hands on time with the teachers. We had a teacher to every 5 students, so someone was always available to help. The buddy system works because even though you're paired, you're doing the programming yourself every day. It is intense. It is a lot of hard work. You will dream about coding. These are long days. And yeah, it's expensive too. But also, I made lifelong friends from the experience. There are many (corona times excluded..) social opportunities. You really feel like you're all in it together, in this big messy logical struggle. If you're into coding, you'll love it.

I made a final project that I didn't know was even possible when I started. In just a team of two we built a functioning app to encourage and crowdsource plastic & glass recycling. With that app, built in just two weeks, I was able to pitch myself & the app to many different companies/employers. It was because of the Oslo boot camp, and specifically the app I built, that I'm now employed at a start up here in Oslo as a junior full stack developer.
  • Debora Anjos  User Photo
    Debora Anjos • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I recently graduated from the 9 weeks Full-Stack Web Development course at Le Wagon Montreal and have nothing but great things to say about my experience. They delivered on everything single thing they promised. The curriculum really provides all the foundations one needs to build products. It's not only about learning how to code, it's about transforming ideas into real, tangible products.

Coming from a non-technical background, I was surprised by how much I learned in such a short period of time, and most importantly, the MVPs we shipped.  Learning to code is not easy, the journey is full of challenges but the teachers and staff members went above and beyond to make the experience fun and welcoming.