Amsterdam, Bali, Barcelona, Beirut, Beirut, Belo Horizonte, Belo Horizonte, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Chengdu, Copenhagen, Kyoto, Kyoto, Lausanne, Lille, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Madrid, Madrid, Marseille, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Nantes, Oslo, Oslo, Paris, Recife, Rennes, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Singapore, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Tokyo

Le Wagon is a 9-week Ruby on Rails focused bootcamp based out of Paris and other various locations. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants will join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.

Graduates of Le Wagon will be proficient in Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, APIs, Github, and Heroku. Le Wagon requires 40 hours of online work to prepare for the course, and in 2 months students will be able to build several web applications, including a clone of Airbnb and a personal project. The bootcamp focuses on bringing coding skill to creatives and entrepreneurs with the ambition to build their own MVP and/or challenge their future dev team.

• Coding Bootcamp

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby
    Start Date January 5, 2020
    LocationMadrid, Oslo, Rennes, Kyoto, Lausanne, Shenzhen, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Berlin, Milan, Chengdu, Bali, Mexico City, Tokyo, Marseille, Casablanca, Belo Horizonte, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, Montreal, Shanghai, Lyon, Nantes, Tel Aviv, Lille, London, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Lisbon, Barcelona, Rio de Janeiro
    Tuition PlansPayment in two or three installments depending on the Campus policies
    Prep WorkRuby track on CodeCademy
    April 13, 2020 - Bali
    February 10, 2020 - Shanghai

• William Kneapler  User Photo
    William Kneapler • Sales • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    • Buenos Aries is a new location for Le Wagon (first batch in mid 2018)
    • The maturity of the Buenos Aries program is there. I would 100% recommend taking Le Wagon in BA or anywhere around the world (My worry was that since BA was such a new location for Le Wagon that it might not have had all the kinks worked out. The truth is that the founders train all instructors so well you can’t go wrong with any of their locations.)
    • The lead instructor for this course is Sebastain Sempe who has incredible patience and is a talented teacher. Also a shoutout to Sam Levy the TA who was incredible!)
    • The student to teacher ratio is 1 to 4 which worked well. (I never felt like I had to wait long to get help on questions)
    • The program is intense (60 hours in class a week, but it's totally doable)
    • It’s all in English. You need to be fluent in English to take this program.
    • Take the pre work seriously and try and time it so that you finish the pre work right before the program starts (if you start the pre work too early you will forget most of what you learned. The course moves so quickly that any extra work you do before the camp will help make some of the concepts familiar)
    • No bootcamp will make you a coder straight out of the camp. You can reasonably get a job 2 - 6 months out (you will need to practice and work on your own projects)
    • This bootcamp focuses on Ruby (Ruby on Rails is the framework, you will also learn CSS, HTML, JavaScript and some SQL) Don’t get to caught up in the debate of wether you should take a bootcamp that focuses on Java Script or Python rather then Ruby. It’s true that Ruby is not as popular as it used to be but it’s probably the easiest langue to learn (also it’s a very powerful, probably the best langue for create MVPs). Coding is already hard as it. Staring in Ruby is a smart thing because of its user friendlies. You can move into less friendly languages after the bootcamp if you like coding.

• Hannah  User Photo
    Hannah • Student and Entrepreneur • Student Verified via GitHub

I took place in #batch 213, Bordeaux, France @ Le Wagon after finding out about it from a friend who had taken part in winter 2018 Paris program. I will never look back on this experience. It has given me so much confidence, inspired me to love learning and hard work, especially within a team, and finally to take ownership for my own progress. I entered the batch as perhaps the least likely to fit the stereotype or profile of a web developer or a coder, I was the youngest and I was the only foreigner (half English and Spanish, but thankfully fluent in French!) This did not stop me from putting myself out there, and I managed to pitch a successful project that we created in the last 2 weeks of the 9-week program. My group of 4 developed 'Concierge At Sea', an app to improve clients' experience renting super yachts, and to facilitate an easier working day for the crew managing their guests' needs. I did not expect to make such genuine friends on this course, and the profile of those who I worked alongside surprised me daily as we were shuffled between buddies. The course is structured, empowering and totally worth every penny. I thoroughly recommend anyone sitting on the fence to take the step and go for this!

• Benjamin  User Photo
    Benjamin • Fullstack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Before Le Wagon I was working as a digital marketer. I got bored and decided to do something else. I’ve been interested in computer programming my whole life and so I decided to join Le Wagon. This bootcamp had the best reputation in Paris and in the world so the choice was easy for me.

Joining Le Wagon was one of the best choice I’ve made in my life. It helped me gain technical skills but I also met amazing people. I would recommend it to anyone.

And if you’re afraid that you won’t find a job after it: 2 weeks after the end of my batch I found a job as a Fullstack developer in a brand new startup (and I’m not the only one..) !

• Awesome!
    - 3/28/2019
    Ryo Fujiwara  User Photo
    Ryo Fujiwara • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I enjoyed my time at LeWagon, in Tokyo.  I had previous experience in the website design, so the front-end was not hard, but the back-end was hard, especially the first couple of weeks, when it was all Ruby.   But you can ask the teachers and the TAs to get you through the exercises - they are there to help!  I'd think there are at least two in every batch that can be ahead of everyone else because of their skills or their previous backgrounds, but don't get stressed over in completing all the exercises - you don't need to complete all in one day - you can come back to the exercises later.
    Also, one teacher was nice enough to talk to us about it.  If you are strong in front-end, don't stress yourself into being a full-stack developer.  You will have access to exercises even after completing LeWagon.
    If there is one con to talk about, it is the management of the final project, simply because at least in our batch, it was never discussed.  Creating a nice work schedule (two weeks is tough though) would be a plus in completing the final project of Ruby in Rails.

• Perfect !
    - 3/28/2019
    QLGordon  User Photo
    QLGordon • Graphic Designer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I'm an graphic designer by training, after a few years abroad in a developing country, I decided to enroll at Le Wagon Bootcamp in Paris to get familiar with programming languages and broaden my range of skills.

This experience was even more enriching than I had imagined. The training is demanding and sometimes tough but I have always been able to rely on the goodwill and expertise of the great teaching staff.

Retrospectively, I am still amazed by the quantity of knowledge that I have gained in 9 weeks. I also built bonds with many students with various backgrounds from my batch and I think it is one of the great strengths of Le Wagon.

Since then, I work as a consultant for various companies and individuals. Not only as a graphic designer but now also as a developer.

• Anna Hercot  User Photo
    Anna Hercot Verified via LinkedIn

People wonder how 9 weeks can change your life, le Wagon is how.

I graduated from Northwestern University, in Chicago last June with a major in neuroscience and have since been determined to become a doctor. However, I believe that the classic path to medicine lacks a tech aspect that I wanted to settle during my gap year. I was told about Le Wagon, a nine week intensive bootcamp that gives you the necessary skills to create your own projects using the right tools and workflow. In the medical world, it is believed that “computing capability can transcend what a human being could ever do in their lifetime”. Le Wagon teaches you how to teach your computer to learn with the most competent teachers you could hope for.

The different backgrounds that you encounter at Le Wagon make you grow as a person and teach you how to tackle different problems with a variety of interpretations and solutions. People don’t compete with each other, they only help you compete with the person you were the day before. Not only does Le Wagon give you the technical competence to accomplish your projects, but the environment fostered drives you to constantly improve. The staff is here for every single student every step of the way:  from helping create a dynamic environment between the students to presenting you with a myriad of opportunities to accomplish what you want(organized talks, meetings with startups etc..) to giving you advice on any help you could potentially need, and making themselves completely available. I have never worked with a team so dedicated to the success of the students.  You are taught to never give up but to fight harder to succeed.

Le Wagon gave me some of the technical skills that I wanted and taught me that nothing is impossible. I am now doing a bootcamp in machine learning and artificial intelligence (Data science), to combine it which the coding skills I learnt at le Wagon in order to bring that to the next step of my medical studies and to constantly help the medical world evolve in the right direction.

Le wagon doesn’t last 9 weeks, it lasts your whole life. You build very strong links with the people that you work with everyday and with the family that you’ve become part of. The staff stays constantly available: before, during and after to accompany you and make sure you have own the keys to your success, the alumnis are always willing to help, to give you advice and to share their stories: everyone is here to help. I’m extremely grateful for what Le Wagon has taught me, both technically and humanely and wish everyone to have such a life-changing experience.  Contact me if you have absolutely any question I could answer/help with.

• Yejin Jung  User Photo
    Yejin Jung • Freelance Web Developer • Applicant Verified via LinkedIn

Network - the course is not the end. I was surprised to see the community of 4,000+ alumni so active online where people are willing to help each other on programming, career, even just a short visit to another city where Le Wagon campus is based in.

Curriculum - Each time we learn a new concept, they let you build things from scratch by yourself first so that you see what’s behind all the magic. Also, they advance the level pretty fast - we start building small apps from week 2! It was tough but definitely helped build an architectural mindset from the beginning.

All the learnings lead to product building, which I think is essential for a full stack developer. There is a sprint day on user journey, user flow, design, wireframe and we were given two weeks to build a mock product and a real one for demo day. Our project team learned and enjoyed the journey so much that we decided to carry on with the project to launch it after the program. I think it wouldn’t have been possible without the confidence and encouragement we got throughout the course.

Last but not least, Le Wagon has a campus in Bali! Even though this was one of the main reasons I chose Le Wagon, I didn’t imagine it would make such a difference. Nature, lifestyle and people in Bali made this experience so much more inspiring. I was able to pursue a balanced life between coding and healing.  We had yoga sessions outdoor regularly to get our poor brain and body burnt out by coding some rest. Being away from everything else, I could fully immerse into coding and the Bali team helped me adapt perfectly to Bali life and enjoy the experiences that I should not miss in here.

• Nicolas SEKRI  User Photo
    Nicolas SEKRI • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I graduated from Telecom ParisTech but I was not very familiar with code as I haven't been practicing for years. After a 5-year experience in the catering business, I decided to re-learn to code (nearly) from scratch by choosing to enrol at Le Wagon. I took a great pleasure while I was quickly moving forward. The steady immersion in an environment  full of traps and spanners, the quality of the provided tools that is perfectly customised to the teaching of this practice, the great skills of the teachers and their ability to adapt to beginners to better help them to assimilate new concepts, the consistency of the teaching modules and their timeline, the nice work environment where the spirit of co-operation and comradeship is present from day 1, all these elements actively contributed to make me learn not only the basics enabling me to launch a decent web app on my own, but also make me acquire such a taste for coding that I could start a safe transition in web development, and only 2 months after the bootcamp I got hired as a junior developer in an very promising startup.

I urge everybody to join a coding bootcamp once in a lifetime, even out of curiosity, to discover how the web, one of the most precious and used tools, works and Le Wagon has an unquestionable know-how to make this experience truly exciting.

• New beginnings
    Zac H  User Photo
    Zac H • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    Before Le Wagon I was working dead end jobs at minimum wage. I always had a passion for computers but I always failed to understand computer programming. Last year I was looking for coding bootcamps to join in Montreal. I found Le Wagon due to their reputation around the world, which made my decision on joining the bootcamp much easier. Once I started the bootcamp after 2 weeks, I was discouraged because each day I had something new to learn I felt like I couldn't keep up. By the time the fouth week came around I understood more and became confident that I can complete the bootcamp. Overall I'm glad I went through this experince and I would do it over again. Now I have the skills of a Full-Stack Developer to start my new career.
  • A turning point
    Livia Lörtscher  User Photo
    Livia Lörtscher • Full Stack Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Before starting the bootcamp, I worked for years in international trade, mainly in supply chain management. In Brazil, Switzerland and France, I jumped from company to company several times until I realized that I was getting bored at work. But more than that, I needed to have autonomy in my work and not be limited to lengthy processes, hierarchies and meticulously delimited hours.

It became obvious to me that I needed not only to change my career, but to also learn something new that would not cease to stimulate me, in an innovative and dynamic field… then I heard about Le Wagon. Enrolling for the batch #220 was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made in my life.

They say the first 3 weeks are difficult, it’s actually worst than that. In the beginning, I thought that coding was after all maybe not for me! That’s when the pedagogical team and the environment played an incredible role, and everybody pushes you to go beyond your mental boundaries. Asking for a Teacher or an Assistant helps you to formulate the right questions and find your own solutions. The school’s methodology is very well developed and the learning curve does not stop rising. At the end of the second week, I remembered my first day there and I was amazed at the progress I had already made.

Being challenged and solving problems every day was one of the most exciting adventures I’ve ever experienced. It’s very intense, but rewarding when you see how much your brain can learn in 9 weeks.

Besides the different languages, many other skills I’ve learned and the projects I’ve been able to develop from scratch, I’m now part of a strong and empowering community.

More than that, thanks to Le Wagon, I now have the tools to define a whole new career and I regained the freedom to invest myself in what really motivates me.

• Le Wagon-Montreal
    Jerome Kastoun  User Photo
    Jerome Kastoun • Mortgage specialist • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

A bit about myself, I studied economics and like a lot of my friends I started working at a bank to be surrounded by like-minded folks but I always had this proclivity for coding. I tried to make some time for it and learn it by myself. I learned a few things but felt very slow and unstructured like I didn’t understand how I could use what I learned in real-life. I could spend days learning something… or I could learn “how to learn” a language and be much more effective. After researching a few other bootcamps, that’s where Le Wagon-Montreal came into play.

What I really liked was the teaching methods. 1 to 2 hour lecture in the morning then you’re off in pairs trying to solve challenges and that’s where most of the learning occurs. When you challenge yourself daily to find answers to problems you develop what I consider the most important web development tool: Problem solving. Of course, there’s always someone to help in case you are stuck. That, for a month and a half is challenging but incredibly rewarding. In the end, you spend a few weeks applying what you learned in a team environment on a project of your choosing and learn how to pitch it!

Le Wagon exceeded my expectations on how much you can learn in just 9 weeks. I also liked that, unlike other bootcamps, it did not advertise itself as a hiring machine here to find you a job as soon as possible. It’s up to you to keep coding and decide what you want to do with it.

I plan on using Le Wagon’s resources and wide network of alumni and business connections to find a job that aligns with my objectives. I highly recommend this bootcamp.

• Coding is art
    Daniela Amyot  User Photo
    Daniela Amyot • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

After graduating from my degree in history, a true passion of mine, I started travelling the world with the objective of seeing with my own eyes what i’ve been learning in school for 3 years. My goal was actually to take a year off and then come back to Montreal to do my masters degree, in order to become a history teacher.

One year and dozens of countries later, I still hadn't seen enough and decided to keep travelling and forgot about the teacher career. Soon after this, I discovered another passion of mine: landscape photography. It began taking a lot of space in my life, so when I came back to Montreal after 3 years of travelling, it became my job.

One thing you need to know about me is that I LOVE to connect with people who I have interests in common. So alongside my freelance photography, I started organizing outdoor photography workshops, for people who wanted to take their photography skills to the next level. When the time came to make my website, I discovered a new (yes, another one) passion of mine: technology. It was like a new world appeared before my eyes. What was so appealing to me is that the tech world’s mission was to fix one problem at a time to make humans life not only easier, but also prettier, because of course, what I was more interested in was web design and digital art.

It then became obvious for me that I wanted to be part of this new and exciting world and that coding was what interested me the most, especially that it would be very useful for my workshops. That’s when I started doing research on how I could become a programer. A friend of mine talked to me about Le Wagon and gave me his friend’s contact who graduated from the previous batch. I definitely asked him a lot of questions, can 9 weeks really be enough for anyone to become a programmer? What if I NEVER wrote a single line of code before? Am I smart enough? I haven't been in school for so long… What he told me was to trust the program and that anyone could become a programer with a lot of dedication and motivation. Motivated I was so I embarked myself in this crazy adventure at Le Wagon.

I will be honest with you: I doubted. The first 2 weeks were so hard that I started asking myself if I really had what it takes to achieve my goal. Teachers, T.A’s and Alumnis were really reassuring though, telling me to trust not only the program but also myself and to just enjoy the ride. I sure did enjoy the ride! The staff, the social events and the friendships that came with the program were really what made the ride so enjoyable. Like I said I love to connect with people that have the same interest than me so le Wagon was perfect for that.

So there I was, learning how to code alongside 16 other people from all over the world. However, if you told me at the beginning of the program that my app was going to get picked for demo day and that I would actually be able to design and code the app I don't think I would have believed you. Yet it happened! I coded my very own app with my team and pitched it in front of a 100 people at the Demo day.

Now looking back at these very intense 9 weeks, what I can say is that it was certainly difficult, but so gratifying and I would start over anytime. I can now call myself a Full Stack developer and can get my hands on any junior dev job (not without a lot of preparation) or start my own project. Not bad for someone who never wrote a single line of code in her life!

• Alexandre Guinefolleau  User Photo
    Alexandre Guinefolleau • CEO • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I had always had a strong interest in code which started when I was watching my tech team developing our software in previous companies. Before launching my next ventures I had decided that this time I wanted to have the knowledge to code the product myself. I had heard about the course from friends in Paris who had done it in the past and was glad to find the class had also been opened in Barcelona.

The course is really rich in terms of learning, but it is made in a way that everything is divided in daily courses and exercises which are easy to follow. And if there is anything you don’t understand straight away, the teacher and TAs are helping you with everything you need.

I would really recommend le Wagon course to anyone who either want to learn to code or simply become a better product owner by understanding what your engineers are working on.

After the Bootcamp,Emma,  Fred (a fellow le Wagon alumni) and I launched Amenitiz, a website-builder and digital management tool for the hospitality industry, and we’re now working with over 150 properties across Europe. Given the choice again, I would go back to le Wagon anytime, coding changed my life !
  • Eléonore  User Photo
    Eléonore • Fullstack junior web developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I was really intimidated to enter the Wagon! I thought I was not prepared enough, not well equipped, maybe too old, too different, do not deserve my place, etc... In fact, I asked myself too much (bullshit) questions!

Doing the Wagon's coding bootcamp was a revelation for me like destroying a wall that I had been building mentally for years and discovering skills I never thought I'd been able to master before!
    It was hard to cope with different problems 10 hours a day every day, but the hardest thing was to fight against myself and fail while usually it's not an option for you. And one of the best part was a lot of other girls out there I could share my doubts with, it was a very supportive community!

This is a very intense but stimulating learning, you feel to exploit a new part of your brain remained dormant so far. If you doubt about yourself, you really have to trust the system, stay commited: a teacher, a TA, an alumni will always be at your side to reassure you about your potential, share his own experience with you, and prove to you that yes ... you can do it as well!

The pair-programming buddy, the Aperotalks with tech industry speakers, the Friday night beer off parties, the 10-day as a technical team project, the Office hours, etc... everything is carefully set up to improve your startup-up mindset, for networking and consolidating the community.

9 weeks later, I go out more confident, the opportunities to work seems endless.
    And the aura of the Wagon follows you well after (with your Career Book at hand!) ... This is where you realize the chance to have been integrated into this great 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ family!

• Peishan  User Photo
    Peishan • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Before Le Wagon, I worked for years in logistics for a French retailer and someday I realised that I was searching an opportunity and a change of my professional life. I was used to data manuplation and was curious about coding my own application in my spear time.

So I tried to learn to code on online plateforms after work and in my weekends but it was far from efficient and I felt like wasting my time doing things that I didn't really understand. It was an frustrating coding experience until I decided to stop working and go for full-time bootcamp in Le Wagon.

Here I spent 9 very intensive weeks that I never ever regretted with my motivated classmates, very good teachers Kelvin and Julien, and everyday helpful teaching assitants (during our coding time). It's with them that I managed to learn, and make mistakes.

Today I know coding and I continue to code my own project with friends. And with what I learnt during these 9 weeks, I finally manage to learn other languages and technologies online myself. It opened a door to my life.

• Jules  User Photo
    Jules • Junior web developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Going into University I was unsure what I wanted to do after but went straight into an Economics degree “to keep as many options open as possible”. Four years later, with my Economics Bachelor in hand and with one year of work experience, I knew two things. The first being that what I had done during my work experience was not for me and the second that I had no intentions of further theoretical learning of any subject.

I decided to give myself a year to try different things: making a career out of my passion for cooking, travelling and giving myself time to figure things out. Working in a restaurant kitchen for three months, it quickly became clear that cooking was a passion but not a career for me. During that time a friend of mine was at le Wagon. Having already heard of the bootcamp whilst at University, I started to consider it for myself. I spoke to three alumni, from three very different backgrounds and I was convinced!

Looking back, these 9 weeks were hands down the most intense and intellectually and socially stimulating that I can remember. It has been an incredible personal journey to be welcomed into the amazing group that is Le Wagon community. I have learnt hard skills that I really enjoy and feel I can apply in a professional environment and my future career. Sharing this experience with other students creates strong connections and strong friendships as a result.

I cannot recommend Le Wagon strongly enough. Everyone will tell you that the most difficult part is the first three weeks but, for me, the hardest part was leaving all the amazing people I met straight after the end of the 9 weeks. My only advice then would be to give yourself some time after le Wagon, as it is truly a life changing experience.

• Jad  User Photo
    Jad • Fullstack developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

During my 4 years experience in the start-up ecosystem, I’ve been dreaming of coding and taking part in the developers’ round-tables. However, my lack of technical skills was a barrier to my participation and it seemed like an unreachable dream until I discovered Le Wagon through my friends who experienced the same frustrations.

During the 9 weeks of intensive training, the teachers did a phenomenal job as they drove the program with passion and great guidance to arm me with technical skills. Not only I am now able to working with my technical team but I can also develop my own web applications.

Enrolling at Le Wagon also means joining a growing community of passionate developers from all around the world who are feeding the network on daily basis and sharing knowledge.

The people I met, the experience I had and the skills I acquired were above my expectations. After Le Wagon, I decided to keep on coding and grow as a full stack developer.

• Gracy Soundron  User Photo
    Gracy Soundron • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Le Wagon has a very friendly environment, open to students coming from all around the world. I started programming in India in 2015 and then, in 2017, I came to Canada (Montreal) to continue my studies. Before starting the bootcamp with Le Wagon in 2019, I was studying in a private university in Montréal, the "Institut Supérieur d’Informatique", where I completed my AEC (Certificate of Collegial Studies). After that, I had two options: I was accepted at University (UQAM) for a technical program, or I could do Le Wagon. I thought a lot and evaluated both options and decided go with Le Wagon. I chose Le Wagon because of the learning environment but ESPECIALLY the fact that they use Ruby on Rails. Also, I preferred the fact that I would be studying 9 intensive weeks practicing instead of doing 3 years of theory at University. I do not regret my weeks spent at bootcamp, I learned a lot, it opened my eyes, it allowed me to really understand the world of programming. If I had to do this again, I do it again with a GREAT PLEASURE. The last 2 weeks of the bootcamp were very rewarding for me because I was able to apply what I had learned during the 7 weeks. My project, ”Hike Away”, was very interesting to create: it allows people to travel and discover other worlds. It can be checked here: http://www.hikeaway.ca/

• it changed my life
    - 3/20/2019
    Paul Cheam  User Photo
    Paul Cheam • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

My forties crisis? One thing is certain, I wanted to change my life. I worked more than 60 hours a week, sometimes even at night, without counting, for a company that was looking for its business model. Health concerns have led me to question my lifestyle and commitment. We used web agencies and developers, but the result was not up to our expectations. Creating a simple landing page for the launch of a service seemed out of reach to me. There was some mystery and fascination with the code. There are many online resources for learning. I had started a few years ago to learn the basics with Codecademy. However, learning alone in front of a screen requires will and commitment. I did not even go after the first week.

As a perfectionist, I like things to be done according to the rules. Writers learn the rules of the language, before freeing themselves from them to create masterpieces. I had to learn the basics to move forward. That's why I opted for a shortcut, to integrate a bootcamp that has proven its worth, with a well-defined methodology. The one of Le Wagon is proven. The motto is explicit : 'change your life, learn to code'. So I decided to make a leap of faith, my goal was not to become a developer, but to understand the mindset and the "working process".

I had been warned from the first day: it would be difficult, do not compare yourself to others, each progressing at his own pace. Optimistic by nature, I had not measured the extent of these warnings. Go back to the place of a student, take a class in the morning, and then continue with exercises the rest of the day, get stuck in front of an error message, try to understand why, and solve the error, move on to the next one. New concepts every day, then exercises, every day. For nine weeks. But it is worth it. Actually, thinking backward, it seems obvious: facing a complex problem, you divide it into smaller parts, and keep resolving each one. Simple to say, the execution takes time. I learned to step back on the issue, and to consider the different options. Now with this experience I can face a problem without fear, and keep confident. My first experience: debugging a website made with wordpress, the client was looking for an expert. A friend of mine sent me the request and told me to accept the challenge, and to fake it until I make it. Well I made it.

Today I am launching my web agency, targeting the Chinese market, and helping companies who want to brand overseas. In the meantime, I can bootstrap with freelance gigs with my new skills. I can discuss web marketing and web strategy with my clients, asking senior developers to help me in the process, I keep learning every day, still face error messages, but fearless and confident...

Would I recommend Le Wagon? 110%, would I do it again? Definitely. And more : I would go back to my twenties and kick my ass to learn to code.

My next challenge: be fluent in mandarin.

Who knows what my fifties crisis will lead me to..

• Damien ARNAUD  User Photo
    Damien ARNAUD • Head of growth • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

After 3 years spent developing the business activity of a startup in the smart cities field (OPnGO), I decided to follow the coding bootcamp Le Wagon to develop my technical skills.

Indeed, during my experience at OPnGO, I saw a start-up grow from 3 to 70 people in 30 months and I had to deal with scalability issues, especially on topics related to marketing. It occurred to me that it was not always easy to understand the problems of a technical team of 30 people and to interact with them. Moreover, it seemed to me that this lack of understanding could make my arbitration decisions less relevant, especially when defining the technical roadmap of the product. Finally, I quickly realized that becoming autonomous on the development of front-end improvements could represent a huge advantage in terms of responsiveness, especially with respect to tech teams that are often overloaded in the growth phase.

The wagon perfectly met my expectations and even exceeded them by making me discover a network of alumni active and very supportive. The wagon will remain a very strong experience in my life and I know it will count in the way I approach my next challenges. Indeed, thanks to these new skills, I intend to integrate a new startup and to cross new stages of development.

• Life-changer
    - 3/19/2019
    Nino Raymond  User Photo
    Nino Raymond • Graduate Verified via GitHub

After an internship as a business developper in a tech start-up in NYC that only highlighted my lack of technical skill I decided to take a whole gap year to learn how to code.

Le Wagon seemed to me the best option to start the year. All I can say it's that it has exceeded all my expectations. The program is well designed, the teachers are very good and motivating, the alumni network is really strong.

I am such a big fan of Le Wagon that I stayed there as a teaching assistant and now as a teacher for the next batchs of students.

I can easily say these 6000+€ has been the best investment in my life !

• Matthieu  User Photo
    Matthieu • Graduate Verified via GitHub

My name is Matthieu, I’m 29 years old and I’ve recently completed the 9 week bootcamp at Le Wagon. The idea of following Le Wagon’s formation came to me after few years working in the law industry.

Amateur of computer science, I wanted to develop my programing skills but did not want to spend more time than needed. I wished to be able to start working in this field ASAP. Since a few years, many companies offert this kind of quick formation and it’s hard to know which one to pick. I asked around, to friends, in the headhunting industry for instance, and many of them talked to me about this bootcamp. Unfortunately, when I  applied, there were no place left, so I decided to follow another course until the next session. 3 month later, I finally enrolled at Le Wagon in Paris.

The fact that I had followed a previous formation in programing helped me for the first days. Mostly, it enabled me to realize the benefits such a bootcamp : qualified, available and caring teachers. As far as I know, the programming community is full of helpful people and for most of your interrogations, you can find answers online. But for a beginner, having someone near you, explaining why your code went wrong is the easiest way to learn quickly. Besides the schooling, Le Wagon organises many events, allowing students to meet inspiring people (alumni, freelancers, CTOs, CEOs…)  which is very helpful to build a network if you’re new to the tech industry. It helps you to decide which position you would like to hold after the bootcamp.

• A learning blast
    - 3/18/2019
    Edouard  User Photo
    Edouard • Graduate Verified via GitHub

After 3 years in business development in startups, I was frustrated not to understand the code behind tech products so I did Le Wagon! It was a learning blast!  I constantly learned during 9 weeks and I really appreciated the mutual assistance from co-workers and alumni. I had the image of solo developers and was surprised by the team spirit. I also found it really playful to solve problems and had the opportunity to pitch my project about employee perks and to construct a MVP with a great team. It gave me wings so as to continue to develop our demo project called Luma and try to make it grow for bringing happiness to employees.

• Philippe Larroque  User Photo
    Philippe Larroque • Product Manager • Graduate Verified via GitHub

After 4 years in a fast-growing startup, I decided to leave the company few months ago as a Product Manager. I joined le Wagon because I experienced a lack of technical background within the product field & felt that it was option for me to do. Indeed, I learned a lot about computer programming and now I see beyond the mockuping and design tasks that are regular for PM’s. All the skills that I learned help me now to go deeper into my job and explore infinite options to create awesome products. I highly recommend le Wagon to every PM/PO willing to level-up.

• Awesome Experience
    - 3/18/2019
    Astrid Delcros  User Photo
    Astrid Delcros • Graduate Verified via GitHub

After 3 years working in support functions for a Tech Startup, I was frustrated not having a better understanding of technical topics.
    I decided to develop coding skills with Le Wagon to find a job as product owner after the bootcamp. But the quality of the program made it really fun to learn and now I have decided to go on and improve my skills to actually find a job as web developer.
    Also gathering different kind of motivated people from diverse backgrounds to develop new expertise created a great atmosphere.
    I didn’t expect Le Wagon to have such an impact on my professional objectives and I highly recommend it.