Amsterdam, Bali, Barcelona, Beirut, Beirut, Belo Horizonte, Belo Horizonte, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Chengdu, Copenhagen, Dubai, Istanbul, Kyoto, Kyoto, Lausanne, Lille, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Madrid, Madrid, Marseille, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Munich, Nantes, Oslo, Oslo, Paris, Recife, Rennes, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Singapore, Stockholm, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Toronto

Le Wagon offers 9-week full-time and 24-week part-time courses in Web Development and Data Science at 39 campuses across the world. The 24-week part-time course meets on weekday evenings and Saturdays. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.

Graduates of Le Wagon will be proficient in Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, APIs, Github, and Heroku. Le Wagon requires 60 hours of online work to prepare for the course. In two months, web development students will be able to build several web applications, including a clone of Airbnb and a personal project. Graduates of Web Development bootcamp go on to become developers and product managers. Graduates of the Data Science bootcamp go on to become data analysts, data engineers, and data scientists.

• Data Science Course - Full-time

LocationAmsterdam, Shanghai, Brussels, Paris, Bordeaux, London, Lisbon, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Montreal, Berlin, Lyon, Tokyo, Marseille, Belo Horizonte, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Oslo, Singapore
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic mathematic & programming background required
  • Web Development Course - Full-time

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby, SQL
    LocationMadrid, Rennes, Shenzhen, Chengdu, Bali, Kyoto, Amsterdam, Shanghai, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Dubai, Stockholm, Brussels, Paris, Bordeaux, Lille, London, Lisbon, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Nantes, Montreal, Berlin, Lyon, Tokyo, Marseille, Belo Horizonte, Milan, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Tel Aviv, Barcelona, Oslo, Lausanne, Singapore, Seoul, Munich
    Minimum Skill LevelNo minimum skills required
    Prep WorkRuby track on Codecademy
  • Web Development Course - Part-time

LocationBrussels, Paris, Bordeaux, Lille, London, Lisbon, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Nantes, Montreal, Berlin, Lyon, Tokyo, Marseille, Belo Horizonte, Milan, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Tel Aviv, Barcelona, Oslo, Lausanne, Singapore, Seoul, Munich
    Minimum Skill LevelNo minimum skills required
    Prep WorkRuby track on Codecademy
  • Willem Poghisyo van Klinken  User Photo
    Willem Poghisyo van Klinken • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Willem Poghisyo van Klinken - Le Wagon, Amsterdam (batch 99)

My background:

I had been working as a chef over the past 8 years or so, and although I enjoyed this very much, this was never my true passion. I knew I was interested in coding (and the computer sciences) but I found it a little overwhelming on where to start. With so many different blogs and mini courses online I found it difficult to know on what to focus on and start with. After starting a few, then stopping for a while before going back to them and trying again, I realized that this approach was not going to work for me. I needed a little help and support to guide me on this new direction I was interested in. I was advised that a boot-camp course was probably the best way to do this, and after researching the possibilities, I selected the what seemed to be the best choice for me.

Enter Le Wagon.

What Le Wagon did for me:

In Le Wagon I found exactly what I had been looking for. A well-structured course delivered by some extremely motivated and talented teachers and teaching assistants. The platform that we used, for our knowledge acquisition and daily challenges is very well designed, and provides you with exactly the resources needed to approach each days topics. With even additional challenges for the very motivated/skilled it caters to all levels of abilities and keeps everyone interested. The paired buddy system, taught me how to collaborate and work with anybody I was assigned with, which will no doubt be very useful in my future coding career. Although the course is delivered at quite a high pace, you have access to all these resources even after the course, allowing you to go back and review some topics that you may wish to have spent a little more time on. I really think Le Wagon found the 'sweet spot' with the amount of knowledge delivered and the pace of the course, constantly keeping me motivated and on my toes, but never overwhelmed.

What I hope to do with it now

I feel extremely comfortable, not only in the knowledge that Le Wagon has already provided me, but in the skills and abilities I have picked up along the way that will help me continue my development in coding. I am now far more aware on how to tackle and approach new topics I am interested in. I have an abundance of resources at my fingertips, not to mention an amazing network of extremely helpful and knowledgeable alumni to call upon if needed. I will definitely continue developing myself in this field, and hope to find a job in a company to help with this, but there is also a chance I might team up with some of my class mates to start our own web development company which would be absolutely fantastic, to keep the Le Wagon feeling alive!

If you are reading this, contemplating on whether this boot-camp is worth it or not, my only advise is hesitate no longer. You will learn an incredible amount, and have such amazing fun doing it. Le Wagon delivers above and beyond 'what it says on the box'. My only regret is that those 9 weeks went by so quickly, I wish I was still there.

• Lena Rowe  User Photo
    Lena Rowe • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I decided to take a gap year before university and learn to code. Joining Le Wagon Lyon (batch #109) helped me do just that and it ended up being one of the best decisions I have ever made.

The admission process was very efficient. After applying on Le Wagon's website, I received a call from the driver within hours and a Skype interview was set a few days later. No experience in code was required, I just had to complete a prep-course to build a basic understanding of programming before blasting off at the start of the actual course.

The 9 weeks are perfectly structured. Each morning starts with an hour and a half long lesson followed by a full day of challenges. A different working buddy is assigned each day which gives everyone a great opportunity to get to know each other, work in teams and discover different ways to complete a challenge. There are even some bonus exercises for the ones who have gone through the regular set and want to explore more. The livecode at 5:30 helped us dig deeper in the challenges of the day and often gave us a different, more efficient, approach to solving the problem. On Thursdays we had an hour of yoga in the afternoon - a very enjoyable and relaxing break between coding sessions.

The teachers are incredibly skilled and excellent instructors / mentors. There was always a teacher or teaching assistant ready to help me when I was stuck in a challenge. The support and guidance I received from the team as whole, driven by a passionate and very considerate driver, was amazing.

The course is extremely intense and the learning curve is steep. We were already able to code small programs at the end of the first week. Each day was packed with key knowledge that was sometimes hard to fully digest but the teachers were always there to make sure we had a clear understanding and were not overwhelmed before moving onto the next step. In 2 short months, I gained an in-depth grasp of back end (Ruby on Rails) and front end programming (HTML, CSS and JavaScript).

The last 3 weeks, dedicated to real-life projects, were probably the most exciting of this already amazing course. From week 7 onwards we teamed up in groups of 3 to 4 for a 1-week long Airbnb-like project and a 2-week long project of our choice. The first one introduced us to web projects in teams and the end result of our 5-day long projects was already pretty impressive. Now, the second one gave us an opportunity to go all-out, improve our coding skills and be the most creative. I worked on Lovify (lovify.top), a dating app which finds you your perfect music match through your Spotify listens. I had a lot of fun implementing everything I had learnt throughout the course, playing with Ruby on Rails and working with a fantastic team. I am really proud of what we have achieved through this fully functional app and it was a pleasure to present it during the DemoDay.

More than just learning to code in Ruby, Le Wagon has given me the keys to improve my coding skills myself and explore new languages. I also got to meet really interesting and motivated people, some of whom have become very close friends, and build a strong network. The support certainly does not stop once the bootcamp ends as the team and alumni continue to help us professionally, to find a job, internship, freelance work or become an entrepreneur.

The course is tiring and requires a lot of hard work during long days but the friendly and supportive atmosphere along with the skills gained make it 100% worth it.

Le Wagon has been the most educational and enriching experience of my life. I am looking forward to make use of everything I have learnt thanks to this bootcamp in my future studies and career. I completely recommend Le Wagon to anyone interested in web development, wether you want to become a full-time programmer or build technical skills the startup way!

• Pim  User Photo
    Pim • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Before Le Wagon, I worked as a procesmanager. My colleagues created IT solutions for different clients and during the building process I was fascinated about the different lines of code on their computer. In my younger years I never did anything with coding and therefore I felt that I would never be able to understand what these programmers where doing. But Le Wagon convinced me that everybody can learn code and they were right!

The first weeks are intense but gradually the bits and pieces come together. Looking back; I now have a much better understanding of the bigger picture of web development and programming. My new skill set has opened so many doors. Also I met a lot of interesting people during and after the bootcamp. The community of alumni’s, teachers and students is truly remarkable. The bootcamp is also well organized and the teachers/staff really care about their students.

I’m currently setting up my own start-up with the two people from my final project. After the bootcamp we decided to continue with the idea and we are currently finalizing the product; just a couple of months after the bootcamp.
    My experience at Le Wagon has been truly amazing. Whether you want to become a developer, improve your IT knowledge or start your own start-up, I would highly recommend to join Le Wagon!

• Mattia Lamouroux  User Photo
    Mattia Lamouroux • Graduate Verified via GitHub

After a business school and 5 years in a big corporation, I realized that I had no technical skills to launch my own business. Thanks to Thibault Genaitay - Shanghai’s driver and former classmate - and Baptiste Perrin -Lyon alumni-, I joined le Wagon Bootcamp, and it totally worth it.

The first two weeks demand some courage. You learn the basics of language without really understanding where you’re going. But all along the training, you start to see the big picture, and when you start Rails everything gets clear.

On top of a strong technical program – ruby/activerecord/html/css/js -, you learn how to practically develop and launch a project – github/postgreSQL/heroku -, and cherry on the cake how to work in teams - thanks trello and gitkraken - through 2 great projects (3 weeks in total).

The organizing team is perfect, the teachers are even better than you can imagine, always available and with strong pedagogy skills.

When I see the wagon network groing up and suggesting new jobs everyday on dedicated channels, I’m confident I’ll find a job as full stack developer in the next weeks, and be able to launch my own project in the next few years.

I strongly recommend le Wagon!

• Life Changing!
    - 12/21/2017
    Nirali V  User Photo
    Nirali V • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Attending Le Wagon’s 9 week full stack development bootcamp was one of the best decisions I’ve made in life (right up there in the top five spots!) Quick background:  I’ve worked with tech startups, non-profits, and founded my own e-commerce company.  I studied economics and law at university, and not studying computer programming was always a regret. I have spent a lot of time trying out various online coding courses on Codeacademy, Udemy and Udacity, but I still couldn't build anything by my own beyond basic HTML, CSS commands.

I decided to take a leap of faith and go all in for the adventure of learning how to code, and applied to Le Wagon London, all the way from New Delhi,India.  And the risk paid off- the 9 weeks at Le wagon completely rewired my brain. It doesn’t happen overnight and there aren’t any shortcuts, it takes a while to start thinking as logically as a programmer. The first few weeks were intense and quite challenging for me. I left University 5 years ago and the first 2 weeks were a struggle to get to re-learning like a student again. But the staff at Le Wagon London- the amazing teachers, TA’s and the city manager are absolutely incredible. I chose Le Wagon based on their reviews online and some overly positive reviews left me wondering if they were even that good. Now I know why some folks sounded so excited, as they really are THAT good.

Their support is unparalleled and they pushed us to learn beyond what I imagined was possible in 9 weeks. The culture of constant learning at Le Wagon stands out, and everyone in their team goes above and beyond their roles to ensure each and every one of us learns at the bootcamp. I fell in love with backend development: the logic behind Ruby which always pushes my brain to think better.

Thank you Le Wagon, grateful to be a part of something so life changing. If you’ve always wondered what it would be like to code, even if you’ve not written a line of code, apply now and watch the magic unfold.

• Amazing experience
    - 12/21/2017
    Tiphanie Tourniaire  User Photo
    Tiphanie Tourniaire Verified via LinkedIn

Before le Wagon I was product manager in a startup in Lyon, working with a dev team and struggling because I had no skills at all in code to understand them and their way of working.
    I decided to join le Wagon thanks to all the positive reviews and it was really worth it.
    9 weeks at le Wagon Lyon have been an unforgettable experience. Everyday starts with a 1,5 h lesson and then you work with your buddy in coding challenges. At the end of the day a live code session make you see another way of coding and go further.
    The teachers and teacher assistants are excellent and you can always find someone to help you if you're stuck in a challenge. The platform and tools are very complete and adapted to all levels.
    With no experience at all in code and in only 9 weeks I've learned Ruby, html, css, js, rails and all the best practices and built a real app from scratch with my team.
    Also big up to the city manager who always takes care of his alumni and organizes a lot of events for us.
    I strongly recommend !

• Life changing!
    - 12/19/2017
    Gil Lima  User Photo
    Gil Lima • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Life changing! Sounds cliché but thats my real experience.

After trying to become a full time web developer for years I have finally been able to shift careers. The workload is intense and far exceeded my expectations, since I had some experience in development (mainly databases) still it was so challenging that it made me fall in love with programming again.

Also all the friends I have made during the bootcamp is something I will hold dear for ever. Best training investment I have ever done! Completely recommend!

• Francisco Azevedo  User Photo
    Francisco Azevedo • Student Verified via GitHub

Being already a Computer Science student before joining the Le Wagon, I had some doubts about "how can a beginners bootcamp help me improve, and prepare me to really be a programmer?" Well in the first week all my doubts were lost. I learned more in the first 3 days than in 3 years at university. They teach in a much more personal way, nobody is left behind and they treat each student as an individual!

But Le Wagon bootcamp is not only about coding. I also learned how to transform my ideas into projects, and my projects into a business!

I only have nice things to say about the staff! All teachers and TA's were amazing, ready to help us with every little doubt and always ready to party! They really enhance the team spirit and keep us fresh during all the 9 weeks, and that's amazing!

• Marco Antônio Beduschi  User Photo
    Marco Antônio Beduschi • Jr Backend Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

9 weeks of intense coding on Le Wagon is what got me a job as a backend programmer.

A bit of context, previous to the bootcamp I had worked with video-games as a game designer, and I fiddled a bit with programming here and there, but nothing too serious.
    I grew uneasy with my career and I decided to make a shift from designer to programmer, and through searches online I came to find Le Wagon.
    The 9 weeks that followed gave me just the right amount of knowledge, a solid foundation of ruby-on-rails, javascript and git workflow, skills that almost any startup is in dire need of, knowledge that got me a job as a jr. backend programmer at a really exciting startup.
    Moreover, I got to meet some really passionate, professional people that are now good friends of mine and that certainly will be of utmost importance for my career in programming.
    The key take-away is that Le Wagon has an immaculate course structure and class methodology, paired with great teachers that will promptly help you during and after the 9 weeks of the course.

I most certainly recommend this bootcamp to anyone, wether you want to become a full-time programmer or just get a better grasp of the subject.
  • Cristiane  User Photo
    Cristiane • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Since I opened my own business two years ago and got involved with the development of my website and everything that involves it (SEO, mailchimp, design), I find myself increasingly interested in web product development. I started to learn how to code on my own with online courses until I met a friend's friend that told me she studied for 4 months and had already got a job. What's your magic i asked her? She did Le wagon at Rio de Janeiro and guess what? 2 months later I found myself in London starting Le Wagon Bootcamp.

Honestly, even though I have heard great things, I enrolled in the course  fearing of not learning much (after all I barely spoke English). At first it was really hard and I was thinking I wasn't learning but after 2 or 3 weeks everything started to make sense.  I really liked the program flow. Everything on the course is well organized, morning lectures, the buddy system and revising exercises. Besides that  the teachers were amazing, always open to questions and patient with my mistakes.

To finish is important to talk about how I felt the last night of the bootcamp.The final project was a big deal, I worked on Nathalia's dream project and it was tough. 2 weeks working non stop: me, Nathalia and David with teachers and TA's helping, finishing with the project's presentation with all our friends and family there went so well! I felt amazing! It was not easy, but it was worth!

• Rafael Pereira Alonso  User Photo
    Rafael Pereira Alonso • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

As a computer science student, I didn't think Le Wagon Montreal would have much to offer me since it was only a 9-week coding bootcamp. I thought it would be only a shallow knowledge for those who'd never coded before. Boy, was I wrong!

The course is extremely well made for both beginners and more advanced students. The attention they give for each individual is amazing, the environment is extremely calm and good (which is important, since we spend long hours of sometimes frustrating code), the people are amazing (both teachers and students) and it's a complete course without being so fast-paced, despite the short length. For those willing to learn how to build a good website from scratch (either knowing how to code or not), Le Wagon offers you everything you can hope for and more, with tech talks, networking, funny internal events and, by the end of it, projects that you wouldn't believe you'd be able to do 9 weeks before you started it. I'm really glad I applied to it and strongly recommend everyone with interest to apply as well.

• Agnes Ching  User Photo
    Agnes Ching • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Daughter, good student, police officer, traveler/wanderer, amateur photographer/blogger.. All these years I’ve been shuffling among different roles, and being a web developer had never come across my life path in terms of career until August 2017.

Like most people who’ve done career changes, I had doubts in myself in the very beginning – am I really able to absorb so much information concerning programming with a totally unrelated background? How long would it take to see fruits from myself? And, one of the most important, where should I start?

I’ve got a determined personality, as long as I aim to do something, I would like to take the most efficient way to have it accomplished. As a result, I searched for coding bootcamps in London which provided related courses and found Le Wagon ever since.

Before the actual course started, we were asked to finish some pre-courses online to build a basic understanding of what we would learn afterwards, which turned out to be of great help while we stepped into the intense 9-week rhythm – even though I was struggling against digesting all of the new terms and methods back then, from some point everything I did in the preparation began to make sense to me. It was a great pleasure to practically implement several languages (HTML, CSS, Ruby, SQL..) in either the practices in the class or our final project!

Oh right, most exciting of all, in the last 2 weeks we were teamed up with 3-4 people and made a project based on Rails. Not only did we own huge space to sharpen our coding skills, also we obtained the opportunity to work with other classmates, just like what we will be doing when we get on our future profession. I’m an addicted runner myself and I’m so proud of our outcome app! – Visit www.shared.run if you’re interested.

As we all know, the ending of our days at Le Wagon is just the beginning of our developer career path. Thanks to the superb foundation we’ve got from Le Wagon teachers and the big Le Wagon network family, I believe that during my pursuit of being a web developer, I’m never lonely.