Le Wagon is a 9-week Ruby on Rails focused bootcamp based out of Paris and other various locations. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants will join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.
Recent Le Wagon Reviews: Rating 4.99
Recent Le Wagon News
- New Year, New Career? Learning to Code in 2020!
- November 2018 Coding Bootcamp News Podcast
- October 2018 Coding Bootcamp Podcast
In PersonFull Time9 Weeks
Start Date April 13, 2020 Cost N/A Class size N/A Location Madrid, Oslo, Rennes, Kyoto, Lausanne, Shenzhen, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Berlin, Milan, Chengdu, Bali, Mexico City, Tokyo, Marseille, Casablanca, Belo Horizonte, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, Montreal, Shanghai, Lyon, Nantes, Tel Aviv, Lille, London, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Lisbon, Barcelona, Rio de Janeiro
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Payment in two or three installments depending on the Campus policies
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Prep Work Ruby track on CodeCademy Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
More Start DatesApril 13, 2020 - Bali
Le Wagon Reviews
1445 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Emmanuel Louisy-Gabriel • Graduate • Campus: ParisI was batch #02. It's seems a long time ago now !
2014 you remember ?
At the time I wasn't even aware how this bootcamp would change my life forever.
As a filmmaker I was even convinced that coding was not only a boring activity but also something very rigid. I couldn't be more wrong.What I learned at Le Wagon gave me super powers. The way they teach programming challenged my brain. Sometimes I even felt like I won't make it, but the staff was awesome and they never let me down. At first, I struggled to understand the point and seeing the big picture. Learning, ruby, object oriented programming, building an ORM or an MVC from scratch wasn't making no sense to me. It was like getting LEGO blocks without knowing what they would be useful for. But the staff was like they knew what they were doing, so I stayed confident and eventually a few weeks later I started to experiment a series of thoses orgasmic AHA moments.Then I realised how creative programming could be.Now, I'm confident coding any MVP project I can think of. I feel like it's a whole world of opportunities out there for people like me who never opened a Terminal window before.I keep on learning with the Alumni Meetups and by being a part-time teacher assistant at Le Wagon. The curriculum and the tools to learn that are given to the students are even better know.Sure if you come at Le Wagon you will learn to code the hard way but this is the right way.
- JB • Graduate • Campus: ParisHi ! I was one of the students of batch #11 in Paris (07/2015 - 09/2015) and I worked as a Teacher Assistant at Le Wagon. Here's a fact-based review of the full-stack training.TL;DRLife changing. Le Wagon + (whatever your background) = <3. After Le Wagon, I've worked as a back-end developer at Brand And Celebrities, a Paris-based celebrity marketing platform for the past 6 months. I'm now moving to the San Francisco to work at Scalr, a cloud management platform.Why Le Wagon ?As a business school student, I suffered from two pains :
The folks at Le Wagon solved these two pains. Because of its focus on entrepreneurship, Le Wagon is not yet another coding bootcamp. It's the best training for any aspiring entrepreneur.The 9 weeks - What I LearntAt the end of the 9-week program, I was able to :
- I had product ideas, but I couldn't realize them or either test them because I was not really able to code.
- I felt like my business school degree wouldn't be enough to land my dream position / found a company. I was missing out on something.
At the end, you'll be fully proficient in Ruby. You'll know how to shape up your website with the latest trends in front-end development. You'll be a master of Rails, the framework behind SoundCloud, Airbnb, Shopify & GitHub. You'll build a business in an afternoon thanks to APIs. You'll experience coding as a team with Git & GitHub. You'll feel the stress before the final production release.Disclaimer : You'd better be prepared. Do as much as you can before you actually start the training to avoid missing the boat. Learning how to code is absolutely engaging, but it does require a lot of hard work. I found myself coding ~ 75 hours / week. And loved it.The PeopleYour network is your net worth.I've had the chance to meet amazing people during and after the 9-week training. Since I also worked as a Teacher Assistant, I can tell you you'll never be alone. There's always someone to give you a helping hand, whether it might be a buddy, an alumnus or a teacher. The background of the participants is incredibly diverse : businessmen, artists, designers, architects, lawyers, engineers, ...We've been having monthly reunions with the folks of my batch. I was co-opted as a back-end developer by a Le Wagon alumni. I'm going to work with a friend from my batch. We have an alumni platform where we can ask for help, find job, and find resources. You can attend to monthly meetups about code (like Paris.rb) or entrepreneurship (Le Wagon Meetups). Its community is really what makes Le Wagon stand out.So is it worth it ?Absolutely. Le Wagon's been a game-changer for me. I would never have done so much in so little time without it, and I could never be more thankful to the staff for that.
- Clone within one week Airbnb and pitch our product MVP in front of the community.
- Upgrade my skills through online resources way easier than before (I never completed an online tutorial before attending Le Wagon).
- Have conversations with experienced developers or engineers, understand their mindset and work with them.
- Thomas S. • Entrepreneur • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
I was one of the student of Le Wagon Batch 10 (https://www.lewagon.com/program) in Paris in June 2015.
Where to start ?
The 2 weeks project
The last 2 weeks are focused on coding your project in team. You can join a team or propose your project to other students. I wanted to start my startup project and so I did! Once again, great experience! Teachers and teacher assistants helped us to work as a team, to develop good habits on GitHub. We had a series of things we wanted to do that we hadn't seen during lessons: No problem, the coaching staff were just happy to help us on specific notions and problems. In addition, I also benefit from "product" oriented coaching and pitching advices.
Spending 2 months with 30 other students, working hard, helping each other is an amazing experience... At the end of the bootcamp, you just don't want to stop gathering evryday and learning together... I feel like, it's the same thing for each batch. At the end of the day, the community just grows stronger and bigger! For every new project, you get tons of feedbacks and helps, job opportunnities are passed between each others, new resources are quickly discussed, etc. The community is just great during and after!
To finish this long review... I DO recommend this 9 weeks program, it enabled me to start my new company (http://www.openloge.fr), to take freelance missions, to meet great people and to just enjoy time working.
- Massimo • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
Learning to code should be mandatory. It's beginning to be taught in colleges and highschools across the globe, and those of us who don't get on board now will find themselves in a sticky situation in the not-so-far future.
Having lived in the US and being exposed to their tech culture, I believed I had to join one of the well known bootcamps over there to acquire the necessary skills to become a developer. Thankfully, a friend recommended to join the Wagon and I decided to give it a try. Now, a couple of weeks after the end of the course, I can say it has been the best step I could take at this point of my life.
Not only have I learned the necessary skills to confidently start off in a company as a junior developer, I have also been provided with the right tools and mindset needed to continue learning independently after the course. Add to that a great alumni network, where everyone is always eager to help out and contribute to the growth of the community, and you have the recipe for an amazing coding bootcamp.
I highly recommend Le Wagon to all fellow aspiring developers, you are about to embark on the journey your career had been waiting for ;)
- Ariane • Graduate • Campus: Paris
Le Wagon has an amazing approach of teaching, based on intensive training and exercises all day long, led by a fantastic team of teachers and TAs. I've always been passionate about the start-up world, but always frustrated not to be able to code, or understand it.
Now, thanks to this 9-week intensive program, I can build a website from scratch, and the skills I acquired are absolutely precious. I never thought I would be able to achieve so much in 9 weeks.
So I can say without hesitating that applying for the fullstack intensive program was the best investment I've made so far.
- Vincent • Student • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
I've joined Le Wagon fullstack program from January 4th to March 4th 2016.
The program is solid and proven. Each brick of the web stack is carefully taught, and it's a pleasure to see along the program why you've been struggling so much to respect coding conventions and rules. Learning platforms and support are top level and very easy to use.
Lots of teacher assistant are former student from Le Wagon and are somehow the best people to help us, as they used to be at the same place by the past and understand perfectly the problems one might be struggling with. It's also very cool to have their feedback and experience from "after Le Wagon" and see what they've achieved!
The overall atmosphere during the camp is unbelievable, and you truly feel you're being part of a big united team. The staff is awesome and always seeking to improve the overall experience at Le Wagon.
I deeply recommend Le Wagon to anyone wanting to learn how to code, and how to code well!
- you could not imagine to learn as much- 3/10/2016Adrien DV • Product Manager • Student • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
here are my take aways of this bootcamp:
- teachers are amazing > passionate about teaching, impressive skills
- the program is very well balanced between front & back end > you really get a 360 deg tour of what's needed to know to bootstrap your company and/or work with developers efficiently and/or start to work as a junior developer.
- the community of previous students impressed me > people are nice, always eager to help out / advise le Wagon students. I really feel i joined an ecosystem with people working in all fields within the internet industry, rather that a simple collection of people. I hope i'll take the best out of it.
- learn how to learn & think as a developer > the program has a great focus on providing you with all the best practices. I feel i can now be an independant learner & keep a steep learning curve.
next steps for me:
1. bootstrap my own web project (ecommerce)
2. coming back to my previous company as a product manager (big US startup) // i was a biz dev previously
- Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
After 9 weeks at Le Wagon, I was able to code a full web app by myself and had enough confidence to keep on learning.
Teachers are excellent and take the time needed to explain every concept.
As I said in the title, I've learnt more over these 2 months than during the rest of my education.
I fully recommend Le Wagon to anyone who wants to become a developer.
- Awesome Overall Experience- 3/10/2016Mehdi • RoR Developer • Graduate • Campus: Paris
We are driven from full unexperience to junior developer/strong product manager step by step with relevant ruby/rails/frontend exercices and projects. The last three weeks are fully dedicated to making our projects happen. The community is awesome and dedicated to help you. Anyone willing to evolve into the web industry with no prior coding experience should attend.
- A real fullstack bootcamp- 3/10/2016Anonymous • Student • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
In just 9 weeks, Le Wagon manages what would have probably taken me years to learn. With a complete education, it allowed me to learn the skills needed to program my own websites, with the ability to take this knowledge to other languages.
With a style mostly focused on exercises, backed by fantastic teachers and TAs, it makes sure that everyone gets the best education they can, no matter what their level is. The emphasis on project work and the use of Github is also a massive plus, because it allows for a seamless integration to a professional dev team.
- Great experience- 3/10/2016Hugo • Graduate • Campus: Paris
- Antoine • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
I have had 2 big steps during my education which opens me opportunities. The first one was my scientific high-school degree and the second one was my engineering school. Recently, i had one more step : Le Wagon. Participate to this bootcamp brought me new skills but mostly tonnes of opportunities.
In my opinion, to learn how to code is something mandatory today. Le Wagon gave us more than just learn how to code, they gave us a bag-pack full of tips to be ready to brave new challenges, deepen the skills, learn new ones, ...
On top of that, after the 9 weeks you can rely on the alumni network which open even more possibilities (jobs, teaching, tips, ...). Le Wagon was the best experience I had since a long time ... Do it eyes closed it's awesome !
- A dream come true- 12/1/2015Pedro • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
I always wanted to learn programming but never had the time. I have been a photographer for more then 10 years and had a few ideas for apps and online platforms but didn't know where to start. I looked for CTO's everywhere but couldn't afford one for each project. I found out about lewagon and researched about the curriculum they we're offering. I learned everything I needed to learn and way more. Only nine weeks after I understand coding very well and I see doors of knowledge, work and projects opening up everywhere for me. It gave me the tools that I needed to walk to my future. Awesome staff, great location, and an amazing learning platform that is accessible even when you finished the course. Resources, contacts, everything you need to either find a job as a developper or start your own start-ups! I would really recommend to everyone, it changed my life. The dream of becoming a developper actually came true with their help.
- "Le Wagon" was a real rebirth!- 11/27/2015Oscar • Student • Campus: Paris
Just before finishing my business school degree I felt a real lack of technical knowledge. "Le Wagon" was a real rebirth!
At first I just wanted to have enough knowledge in order to exchange with developers, find out what is doable and know how to build a basic project.
But the staff will learn you much more; how to organise yourself, make you travel in the startup world, how to pitch your project, etc.
Now I want to know even more about coding. The staff is really amazing!!!!
If every school had the same way of learning stuff to people we would probably all be geniuses.
I can only recommend this program!
- Now I can test ideas for real- 11/26/2015Sergio • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
- Le Wagon has changed my life...- 11/26/2015Emmanuelle • Business Dev • Student • Campus: Paris
- Best bootcamp for code in europe- 11/26/2015William Grenier Godard • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
I worked in the digital industry (agency and product) for the 4 past years but was still really frustrated because I could not code my own idea and couldn't understand how the code works. I found le Wagon because they organized surf & code trip but i did not go. One year later i decided to join the 9wk program.
This was obsiously the best educational experience of my life.
A typical day at le Wagon starts by a course of 2h then you practice the rest of the day through many exercises (even some hardcore ones if you rock enough !). Practice makes perfect applies here. You can get help from the assistants who are for the most part former students so they really understand beginners. At the end you are able to learn new languages and frameworks by your own. That's just the beginning of your journey :-)
- A life changing for me. Like... for real- 11/24/2015Ravier Théau • Graduate • Campus: Paris
For 3 years before Le Wagon i always had startup ideas but couldn't make it myself. So I was thinking "I'll just hire an indian and he'll do it". Now i see what code is, and developers are my new gods. Dev skills are 95% of the value before you get traction. And it's only after that business skills are usefull. Now I have both, and I have amazing new friends. Thank you so much, i promiss we'll do great things now :)
- Maybe the best coding school- 11/24/2015FX • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
At LeWagon we learn to code from the basics to the end of a program.
When we start from 0, we can 9 weeks later build apps and really nice, friendly and powerful website and webapps.
To just have a look, go there and enjoy code learning with the best team!!
- From ideas to code- 11/24/2015Thomas J • Student • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
Le Wagon is a great human experience that teaches a problem solving mindset. Within few days, I learned more about programing than in months of self-teaching.
Thanks to a great teaching that emphasizes on collaboration between motivated students, I am able to quickly switch from an idea to an high level MVP, on my own.
I deeply recommend this bootcamp to any entrepreneurial spirit.
- More than code, learn to love it- 11/24/2015Julien Chantereau • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
- More than code, learn to love it- 11/24/2015Julien Chantereau • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
- Learn to code in 9 Weeks- 11/24/2015Ricardo Remy • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
- Levy PE • Developper - My Cocoon • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
This experience has changed my life in every aspects.
Overall, I learnt more than I could ever imagine in 9 weeks, I desgined, encoded and Pitch a full MVP, became enthusiastic and thrilled about my day to day job and I made a lot a friend that I'll keep for the rest of my life.
I'm now developping my own start-up and encoding new apps with confidence thanks to the vast and comprehensive program that I followed at Le Wagon and with the help of their powerful Alumni network and powerful intranet with exceptionally current & accurate resources I can access for the rest life anytime, anywhere!
Thank you for what you do and especially how you do it!
(not like a business but like a real organisation that has a duty to work towards the common good!)
- The Ruby on Rails bootcamp you need- 11/24/2015Alice • Junior RoR Developer • Campus: Paris
Having absolutely no technical background (I formerly worked as a content editor), I was amazed by the level I reached in such a short period of time. Of course, this is an intensive program : the pace is fast, the schedule tight, you have to be hardworking from day one to the very last days. But courses are very well structured and thought out, teachers are helpful and dedicated to their students, and you can count on your wonderful buddies since you are strongly encouraged to work as a team. Le Wagon is not only a unique learning experience it is also a great rewarding human experience.
Just have a look at the project we developed in ten days : it is a data-visualization tool to analyze Twitter accounts (we chose to focus on politicians) http://the-impact.herokuapp.com/
Thanks to Le Wagon, I am now able to build my own web app and currently work as a freelancer :)