Le Wagon is a 9-week Ruby on Rails focused bootcamp based out of Paris and other various locations. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants will join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.
Recent Le Wagon Reviews: Rating 4.99
Recent Le Wagon News
- New Year, New Career? Learning to Code in 2019!
- November 2018 Coding Bootcamp News Podcast
- October 2018 Coding Bootcamp Podcast
In PersonFull Time9 Weeks
- Start Date
- January 5, 2020
- Class size
- Madrid, Oslo, Rennes, Kyoto, Lausanne, Shenzhen, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Berlin, Milan, Chengdu, Bali, Mexico City, Tokyo, Marseille, Casablanca, Belo Horizonte, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, Montreal, Shanghai, Lyon, Nantes, Tel Aviv, Lille, London, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Lisbon, Barcelona, Rio de Janeiro
- Tuition Plans
- Payment in two or three installments depending on the Campus policies
- Minimum Skill Level
- Prep Work
- Ruby track on CodeCademy
- Placement Test
More Start DatesJanuary 5, 2020 - Tel AvivJanuary 6, 2020 - BordeauxJanuary 6, 2020 - ParisJanuary 11, 2020 - Sao PauloJanuary 13, 2020 - Sao PauloJanuary 13, 2020 - TokyoJanuary 13, 2020 - MontrealJanuary 13, 2020 - Rio de JaneiroJanuary 13, 2020 - Buenos AiresJanuary 18, 2020 - NantesJanuary 20, 2020 - BaliApril 13, 2020 - BaliFebruary 10, 2020 - Shanghai
Le Wagon Reviews
1229 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Antoine • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
I have had 2 big steps during my education which opens me opportunities. The first one was my scientific high-school degree and the second one was my engineering school. Recently, i had one more step : Le Wagon. Participate to this bootcamp brought me new skills but mostly tonnes of opportunities.
In my opinion, to learn how to code is something mandatory today. Le Wagon gave us more than just learn how to code, they gave us a bag-pack full of tips to be ready to brave new challenges, deepen the skills, learn new ones, ...
On top of that, after the 9 weeks you can rely on the alumni network which open even more possibilities (jobs, teaching, tips, ...). Le Wagon was the best experience I had since a long time ... Do it eyes closed it's awesome !
- A dream come true- 12/1/2015Pedro • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
I always wanted to learn programming but never had the time. I have been a photographer for more then 10 years and had a few ideas for apps and online platforms but didn't know where to start. I looked for CTO's everywhere but couldn't afford one for each project. I found out about lewagon and researched about the curriculum they we're offering. I learned everything I needed to learn and way more. Only nine weeks after I understand coding very well and I see doors of knowledge, work and projects opening up everywhere for me. It gave me the tools that I needed to walk to my future. Awesome staff, great location, and an amazing learning platform that is accessible even when you finished the course. Resources, contacts, everything you need to either find a job as a developper or start your own start-ups! I would really recommend to everyone, it changed my life. The dream of becoming a developper actually came true with their help.
- "Le Wagon" was a real rebirth!- 11/27/2015Oscar • Student • Campus: Paris
Just before finishing my business school degree I felt a real lack of technical knowledge. "Le Wagon" was a real rebirth!
At first I just wanted to have enough knowledge in order to exchange with developers, find out what is doable and know how to build a basic project.
But the staff will learn you much more; how to organise yourself, make you travel in the startup world, how to pitch your project, etc.
Now I want to know even more about coding. The staff is really amazing!!!!
If every school had the same way of learning stuff to people we would probably all be geniuses.
I can only recommend this program!
- Now I can test ideas for real- 11/26/2015Sergio • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
- Le Wagon has changed my life...- 11/26/2015Emmanuelle • Business Dev • Student • Campus: Paris
- Best bootcamp for code in europe- 11/26/2015William Grenier Godard • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
I worked in the digital industry (agency and product) for the 4 past years but was still really frustrated because I could not code my own idea and couldn't understand how the code works. I found le Wagon because they organized surf & code trip but i did not go. One year later i decided to join the 9wk program.
This was obsiously the best educational experience of my life.
A typical day at le Wagon starts by a course of 2h then you practice the rest of the day through many exercises (even some hardcore ones if you rock enough !). Practice makes perfect applies here. You can get help from the assistants who are for the most part former students so they really understand beginners. At the end you are able to learn new languages and frameworks by your own. That's just the beginning of your journey :-)
- A life changing for me. Like... for real- 11/24/2015Ravier Théau • Graduate • Campus: Paris
For 3 years before Le Wagon i always had startup ideas but couldn't make it myself. So I was thinking "I'll just hire an indian and he'll do it". Now i see what code is, and developers are my new gods. Dev skills are 95% of the value before you get traction. And it's only after that business skills are usefull. Now I have both, and I have amazing new friends. Thank you so much, i promiss we'll do great things now :)
- Maybe the best coding school- 11/24/2015FX • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
At LeWagon we learn to code from the basics to the end of a program.
When we start from 0, we can 9 weeks later build apps and really nice, friendly and powerful website and webapps.
To just have a look, go there and enjoy code learning with the best team!!
- From ideas to code- 11/24/2015Thomas J • Student • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
Le Wagon is a great human experience that teaches a problem solving mindset. Within few days, I learned more about programing than in months of self-teaching.
Thanks to a great teaching that emphasizes on collaboration between motivated students, I am able to quickly switch from an idea to an high level MVP, on my own.
I deeply recommend this bootcamp to any entrepreneurial spirit.
- More than code, learn to love it- 11/24/2015Julien Chantereau • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
- More than code, learn to love it- 11/24/2015Julien Chantereau • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
- Learn to code in 9 Weeks- 11/24/2015Ricardo Remy • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
- Levy PE • Developper - My Cocoon • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
This experience has changed my life in every aspects.
Overall, I learnt more than I could ever imagine in 9 weeks, I desgined, encoded and Pitch a full MVP, became enthusiastic and thrilled about my day to day job and I made a lot a friend that I'll keep for the rest of my life.
I'm now developping my own start-up and encoding new apps with confidence thanks to the vast and comprehensive program that I followed at Le Wagon and with the help of their powerful Alumni network and powerful intranet with exceptionally current & accurate resources I can access for the rest life anytime, anywhere!
Thank you for what you do and especially how you do it!
(not like a business but like a real organisation that has a duty to work towards the common good!)
- The Ruby on Rails bootcamp you need- 11/24/2015Alice • Junior RoR Developer • Campus: Paris
Having absolutely no technical background (I formerly worked as a content editor), I was amazed by the level I reached in such a short period of time. Of course, this is an intensive program : the pace is fast, the schedule tight, you have to be hardworking from day one to the very last days. But courses are very well structured and thought out, teachers are helpful and dedicated to their students, and you can count on your wonderful buddies since you are strongly encouraged to work as a team. Le Wagon is not only a unique learning experience it is also a great rewarding human experience.
Just have a look at the project we developed in ten days : it is a data-visualization tool to analyze Twitter accounts (we chose to focus on politicians) http://the-impact.herokuapp.com/
Thanks to Le Wagon, I am now able to build my own web app and currently work as a freelancer :)
- Amazing bootcamp & people. Life-changing experience.- 11/23/2015Charlotte • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
- Amazing. Exponential Learning Curve. Awesome people.- 11/23/2015Nicolas Filzi • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
I've just finished my 9 weeks bootcamp @ Le Wagon Paris, and I already talked 4 friends into it (and more are coming). It is THAT good folks.
What can I say to give you a fitting overview of my experience?
The staff is awesome.
The founders seem to posess a kind of secret, that allowed them to build the most rewarding learning experience of my life.
It's not really a secret actually: they've refined their curriculum over 15 batches of students and they built a tremendous learning platform to support it.
The new HQ in Paris is awesome.
A very spacious villa in the 11th arrondissement with all the equipment you need to literaly live here for 9 weeks. (OK OK you got me, there are no beds, but I think it's totally negotiable)
Your batch buddies are awesome.
The staff carefully select the students in their next batch, to create the best learning atmosphere you could experience. People around you are smart, determined to fulfill their objectives, and nonetheless fun to hang with.
The only obstacle you'll face when learning @ Le Wagon is yourself.
So buckle up, brace yourself, and go for it, coz' it's definitively worth your time and your money.
I'll leave you now with something you'll understand in your first day @ Le Wagon:
puts "@LeWagon is the best bootcamp to become an awesomer version of yourself :)"
- Gary Benezat • Graduate • Campus: Paris
- Charles Pernet • Ruby on Rail developer @ Capsens.eu • Graduate • Campus: Paris
Many people will tell you that you can learn everything about coding on your own online for free. That's right but Le wagon provides you with very well structured courses, some teachers are here all day long to help you understanding various concepts needed to start.
I think that if you never had any contact with code, starting with other highly motivated people with courses and exercices to follow is one of the best Kickstarter you can ever imagine.
There is no technical background required, only a deep motivation.
At the end of these 2 months, you will not only be able to write your first web application using Ruby on Rails, but you will understand what are the differences between all the "computer langages" that you heard about. Studying at le Wagon will not make you a full stack developper in 2 months but it will allow you to understand the big picture about coding, you will be able to face one by one the challenges that are waiting for you if you start working on your own web application, and if you want to go further you'll be able to do it on your own.
The icing on cake about Le Wagon is the network and community revolving around, if you are looking for a job or if you feel stuck with a new feature that you want to add to your project, you will always find someone to chat with.
- Thomas Sertorio • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
You take 3 inspiring executives, you add a team of passionnate and expert teachers, you mix this with a bold and well-oiled learning track and you put everything in a great place where you can attend startup talks and meetups at least once a week... you get an amazing bootcamp!
But this is only 60% of your 9 weeks at Le Wagon. The remaining 40% is an empowering experience with 20 more motivated and open-minded buddies, where you're going to learn, work and share together.
Le Wagon is a dealbreaker and a game changer bootcamp. I have learnt front and back end technologies and I am now able to tackle whatever web-dev project with the appropriate mindset. Switching from having ideas to being able to quickly test your ideas is priceless.
I do recommend Le Wagon.
- Great fullstack bootcamp !- 11/5/2015Mikael • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
Le Wagon is a great bootcamp to learn front and backend development. At the end of the course, I was able to build a complex product on my own.
It's a great asset to start a startup, wherever you come from. Teachers are great, students become friends... and even co-founders !
I really enjoyed my time in Le Wagon and I strongly recommend it.
- Become a fullstack dev in 2 months- 11/5/2015Olivier C. • Junior Ruby on Rails dev / BizDev • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
Le Wagon is an amazing kickstart to becoming a fullstack developer. People from various backgrounds, with different carreer ambitions, are working 10 hours a day during 9 weeks on a very intensive track to learn how to program high level web apps from scratch.
Personally it has been a real game changer, giving me the opportunity to get a great position in the Silicon Valley in a fast growing start-up. After only a couple of months I could develop rails app from scratch, and even after a few days I knew way more about programing than what I got from months of self-teaching.
More generally it is a great experience where you will learn more than programming; you will meet cool motivated people, learn a whole new way to think and add significant skills to your curriculum. Besides the teaching is great and it emphasizes on creativity and collaboration between students.
You do not need to know anything about programming when you start, so go for it!
- A Life Changer Class- 11/5/2015Jerome Borenstejn • CTO • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
Le Wagon's teaching program is incredibly effective. I didn't know how to write a single line of code and after only 9 weeks I was CTO of my own startup and was able to develop a complex marketplace by myself.
The teachers are very competent and know how to lead you from ignorance to independance.
Everyone who is serious about web entrepreneurship should take this class.
- A course everybody should take !- 11/5/2015Karine Bialobroda • Web Developer / Art Director • Graduate • Campus: Paris
No matter where you come from, no matter how old you are, learning to code is currently a powerful lever to develop your skills. "Le wagon" is the best way to start or improve quickly, with the best practice.
An amazing team of teachers, nice coding buddies to work with, many talks with well known entrepreneurs, "Le wagon" does everything that has to be done to help you build a project, or to start a new life as a web developer. After 9 intensive weeks, you can achieve almost everything you want, continue learning on your own, and be connected to a huge network of developers and entrepreneurs.
I am a graphic designer and thanks to this tremendous experience, I acquired a real dual skill.
I highly recommend it to you !
- High Quality Coding Bootcamp- 11/5/2015Edward Schults • Graduate • Campus: Paris
Le Wagon is the best way to quickly learn how to develop a complex web app from scratch.
You don't need to know anything about coding before entering the bootcamp.
The program is very well conceived:
- you get to spend enough time on the basics to understand them
- you learn how to use powerful tools and frameworks, and you get to understand how they work
- you get to develop an Airbnb copycat in 5 days
- the last 2 weeks are dedicated to your personal project where you get high quality assistance from Le Wagon's instructors.
In the middle of the program, you spend one day learning lean approaches and product management techniques, and the last day is the Demo Day where you get great feedbacks on your product (coded in 2 weeks!!).
I personnally developed my project during the program: https://www.lovely-hood.com :)
Today I get to develop web apps as a fullstack freelance developer, and I still have time to work on my personal projects in parallel.
This program is perfect for entrepreneurs struggling to get a prototype of their website: at the end of the 9 weeks, you'll have yours for sure!
- Becoming a developer- 11/5/2015Thomas • Web developer • Graduate • Course: Coding Bootcamp • Campus: Paris
I attended the second bootcamp at le Wagon. It has been a terrific experience which has allowed me to launch my product and find a job as a web developer.
The strongest asset of le Wagon is the team. The teachers are all great with a strong background in programming but also on design, product or business. They will help you through all the setps from being a complete noob to being a fluent rails speaker. Setting up your computer, algorithms, back-end development, front-end development but also working as a team using git and agile methodologies or grow your consumer base using growth hacking techniques.
After 9 weeks, you'll be a profficient rails developer and have the tools to learn more languages in an effective way and also become a real product guy.
Alumni from le Wagon have become web developer, entrepreneur, growth hacker or product manager. And whatever they do next, they've all learned things they find valuable in their daily work.
In three words, le Wagon rocks!