Amsterdam, Bali, Barcelona, Beirut, Beirut, Belo Horizonte, Belo Horizonte, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Chengdu, Copenhagen, Kyoto, Kyoto, Lausanne, Lille, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Madrid, Madrid, Marseille, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Nantes, Oslo, Oslo, Paris, Recife, Rennes, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Singapore, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Tokyo

Le Wagon is a 9-week Ruby on Rails focused bootcamp based out of Paris and other various locations. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants will join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.

Graduates of Le Wagon will be proficient in Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, APIs, Github, and Heroku. Le Wagon requires 40 hours of online work to prepare for the course, and in 2 months students will be able to build several web applications, including a clone of Airbnb and a personal project. The bootcamp focuses on bringing coding skill to creatives and entrepreneurs with the ambition to build their own MVP and/or challenge their future dev team.

• Coding Bootcamp

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby
    Start Date February 10, 2020
    LocationMadrid, Oslo, Rennes, Kyoto, Lausanne, Shenzhen, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Berlin, Milan, Chengdu, Bali, Mexico City, Tokyo, Marseille, Casablanca, Belo Horizonte, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, Montreal, Shanghai, Lyon, Nantes, Tel Aviv, Lille, London, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Lisbon, Barcelona, Rio de Janeiro
    Tuition PlansPayment in two or three installments depending on the Campus policies
    Prep WorkRuby track on CodeCademy
    February 10, 2020 - Shanghai
    April 13, 2020 - Bali

• Nathalie Christmann-Cooper • Co-founder • Graduate

I was part of the first Le Wagon London cohort, batch #36 summer 2016.

I don't have a computer science degree or computer background. I don't have any formal tech training. I have worked as a freelance graphic designer and run my own business for many years, learning to build websites by working my way through various online courses. So I could handle html, css and a little php.

Learning online was ok, it helped me discover my inner geek, which now unleashed, has me addicted to coding. But, and this is a big BUT, these courses always left me feeling frustrated. When you work alone you can be left with 101 questions in your head, "Am I doing this right?", "Is there a better way to write this code?", and 3 days of hair pulling staring at the dreaded white screen of death trying to troubleshoot the missing ';' in your code. Yet there is no-one to ask.

Then I had an idea for an app, and together with my two co-founders, we knew we had to find something more. We'd researched the idea, we'd tested the market and we knew we had something, but feedback from potential investors was that they wanted to see a technical lead on the founding team. I was asked why wasn't I that person if I could build a website? I should be building the app. Fair point.

So I started looking to see how I could step up to that challenge and hit our next milestone of building an mvp in-house. Online learning alone wouldn't cut it. When I came across Le Wagon, it was a no brainer. I went to a couple of meetup groups first to see how they work and it was impressive. The genuine passion and enthusiasm the teaching staff have for coding and programming is infectious. I signed up for the 9 weeks and it was without doubt the best decision to push our bootstrapped startup forward. In fact it's like adding rocket fuel to your idea.

I won't say it's easy. At the beginning the challenges are tough. It's called a bootcamp for a reason. But as a class you grow. With guidance and mentorship from the teaching staff you help each other, you learn from each other. Being part of such a widely diverse group of international students of all age ranges, cultures and working backgrounds was really inspiring. Standing up on stage to demo our newly built mvp is the best buzz. To be able to achieve that in just 9 weeks is a credit the high calibre of the teaching staff.

So what have I come away with? I now feel confident to discuss the continuing development of our mvp with other developers and I can work in a team. I have access to a huge bank of video lectures I can refer back to. Gone are the days of scratching my head in silence, I know have a community I can ask for help. In fact, I have some fellow alumni from the batch working with me on our project after the course. When we are ready to hire, Le Wagon will be my first stop. And I can now put 'Technical Lead' with pride on my team slide.

I will continue to work on the mvp in-house to take us to public launch, become investment ready and prepare for our first technical hire. The mvp was presented at a trade show just two weeks after demo day and already has traction. I was also invited to speak on Sky News to share my positive experience of breaking into the London Tech scene as a woman. Best of all, just one month later, we are finalists in the Appsters Award for 2016 in two categories. That, is the true power of Le Wagon.

• Doug Noble  User Photo
    Doug Noble • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

After 10 years of working in Finance I became completely disillusioned with the industry and decided I wanted to increase my skill set in the world of tech, and actually understand what went into building a product and the code behind it.

I looked at a number of different coding schools in London but Le Wagon immediately stood out. The campus is light and open plan which made a great environment for all the students in which to learn. The main reason I was convinced to apply however, was the community of past students and current teachers that I had a chance to speak to.

Le Wagon have an incredible number of brilliant Teachers and Teaching Assistants (mostly made up of ex bootcamp graduates), which made what is a very daunting learning process, one of the best decisions I've made. The bootcamp is intense, but the Le Wagon community are there to help you along every step of the way.

I went from not knowing what a terminal was, to designing, implementing and shipping to production a Rails prototype on a progressive web app called Podfast with a team of 4 in two weeks. The concept was then presented at the Barbican in-front of 300 people!

The variety of students from all walks of life and a huge variety of different backgrounds was so refreshing as well, as it meant everyone was learning in the same boat.

To anyone sitting on the fence, take the leap! You won't regret it!

• Adrien Peres  User Photo
    Adrien Peres • Student Verified via GitHub

J’ai fait le bootcamp du Wagon Bordeaux cet automne. Je suis très satisfait de cette formation qui est allée au-delà de mes attentes. Ce fut une expérience incroyable qui m’a permis de faire la connaissance avec des gens que je n’aurais sûrement pas rencontré en dehors du Wagon. Les enseignants sont très compétents et m’ont aidé à progresser rapidement. Le staff a été accueillant et à l’écoute tout au long de la formation.Pendant le Wagon nous avons été amenés à travailler en binôme et chaque jour c’est avec une personne différente. C’est quelque chose que j’ai beaucoup apprécié puisque ça permet d’aborder les problèmes différemment et permet de s’enrichir tant sur le plan technique qu’humain.J’avais déjà fait du code avant le Wagon et pendant les premières semaines j’ai pu apporter mon aide à mon buddy du jour. C’est l’expérience humaine qui a été plus marquante durant la première partie de la formation plutôt que l’aspect technique. Après les trois premières semaines le niveau des élèves s’équilibre et les compétences de chacun ressortent grâce à leur expérience et c’est ça qui fait la force du Wagon. Il en résulte alors un mélange d’expériences et de compétences qui ont permis de réaliser des projets très intéressants lors du DemoDay.J’ai participé à un projet d’application avec 2 autres personnes. Cette application,
    Seven Spaces, consiste à proposer à ses utilisateurs de créer ou rejoindre des salons de chat restreints. Ce qui donnent la possibilité de pouvoir discuter sur internet en diminuant drastiquement le risque de recevoir des messages haineux ou non-respectueux lors de discussions comme sur certaines plateformes sociales. En effet le créateur du salon peut exclure un utilisateur facilement s’il tente de nuire à la convivialité du salon.Je recommande vivement cette formation à tous ceux motivés qui souhaitent apprendre à coder. Avant de se lancer il faut bien garder à l’esprit que la charge de travail et le rythme sont conséquents.

• Bogdan Matei  User Photo
    Bogdan Matei • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Before joining the bootcamp I was working as a Supervisor in different restaurants across London. I wanted a change so I decided to join Le Wagon.

I can easily say this turned out to be one of the best experiences in my life!

The learning method is amazing since it makes you learn so much in a short period of time. When I started, I didn’t have any previous coding experience, and in just two months I learned how to build full web applications.
    The course makes you improve day after day and also teaches you not to give up, allowing you to create amazing things in no time.

After nine weeks of intensive learning with Le Wagon, I’ve not only gained a deeper understanding of full-stack web development, but the confidence and knowledge to extend my learning to other technical areas.

I can only strongly recommend Le Wagon to anyone willing to learn how to code!

• Alexandre Barat  User Photo
    Alexandre Barat • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Après 20 années passées dans le domaine des Ressources Humaines en tant que Key Account Manager et Recruteur à Paris, j’ai réalisé un bilan de compétences il y a 1 an dans le but d’effectuer une reconversion professionnelle. Très vite, j’ai su que je voulais évoluer dans le monde de la tech et plus précisément celui du web.

Après avoir discuté avec plusieurs développeurs et plusieurs amis qui travaillent dans ce domaine, tous m’ont vivement conseillé de postuler à la formation du Wagon. Désireux de revenir sur Bordeaux et après avoir fait le travail préparatoire j’ai eu la chance de faire partie du batch 325.

Le moins que je puisse dire, c’est que cette formation a tenu toutes ses promesses. L’équipe pédagogique est aux petits soins pour chacun des élèves, nous accompagne pour nous aider à nous surpasser et le système de buddies nous permet d’aller plus loin et de nous entraider. L’apprentissage par le biais de cours mais surtout de résolution d’exercices au quotidien est très performant. Et le résultat est incroyable.

2 sites web réalisés en moins de 3 semaines en fin de formation. Fraîchement diplômé, je recherche un poste de développeur web sur Bordeaux et ai déjà plusieurs entretiens programmés.

• Yann C.  User Photo
    Yann C. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Mon expérience au Wagon Bordeaux fut très positive, le rythme des journées, l’organisation, l’enchaînement du programme rien n’est laissé au hasard.

J’ai beaucoup apprécié l’ambiance générale de mon batch l’entre aide quotidienne entre les élèves et le soutient des professeurs. Débutant en programmation, je suis surpris de tout ce que j’ai pu apprendre en 9 semaines, c’est lorsque nous avons présenté notre projet que j’ai réalisé tout le chemin que j’avais fait.

Nous avons eu l’idée de développer une plateforme qui permet de parier des sommes d’argent contre ses amis pour des séances de running. Pari réussi puisque nous avons présenté le jour-j une application fonctionnelle, Run2beatMe !

J’ai trouvé les challenges journaliers particulièrement efficaces, car ils m’ont poussé à me débrouiller de manière autonome face à une problématique, et c’est cet état d’esprit qui aujourd’hui, à la sortie du Wagon, me permet de continuer d’apprendre en autonomie.

Cette formation m’a également apporté une base de connaissances solides pour lancer sereinement ma carrière de développeur.

Je recommande vivement la formation du Wagon à tous ceux qui souhaitent se challenger et cultiver un état d’esprit de développeur !

• Heling Qi  User Photo
    Heling Qi • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Before I start : I have a background in psychology and knowledge of art & design, I’ve also always been curious of learning a lot of things.

My initial question before I started this journey was:

Why coding? This is the question that I have been asked for a lot of times, also the same question I asked myself before I decided to attend Le Wagon. Why coding, instead of other things? Why choose coding at this time, instead of before or later?. What helped me take the leap was a voice inside of me saying “ WHY NOT coding? Don’t you see the possibility? if you don’t learn coding, you could be illiteracy in just a few years?” This voice may be scary, but try to check what’s going on around you, think about it. Get your answer, because this is really serious!

Making the choice:

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times” (A Tale of Two Cities)

This a quote from “A Tale of Two Cities” and it relates a lot to learning how to code nowadays.

If you start to be interested in coding, you can find tons of ways of learning. Sometimes too many options, you feel dazzled. This decision is especially hard for a person born under the sign of Libra  :-) I am lucky, because I know someone who graduated from Le Wagon. And I saw his career changing after he graduated. When he started, I couldn’t believe that one’s life can be changed only after 9 weeks. Because this is counter my common sense. I have been taught  that you need 10 000 hours of practice to be good at something. But this friend is the hard fact, which I couldn’t ignore and deny it. So I decided to try by myself, to see how far I could go, how much my life would be changed by such “mystery” process.

I can give you my story ending: I never regret the decision I made. Furthermore, my life is changed and still changing now. This is one of my best decision I have ever made in my life.

If you experience trying to learn code by yourself, you might know you might be stuck sometimes for a few hours or even days, you don’t know where is the mistake that was made or why your code doesn’t work, and you can’t find someone to ask why. Sometimes this could lead you to a self-doubt situation, that you tell yourself: “maybe I am not made for it, I don’t have the talent to do this”. That’s exactly where Le Wagon can help. You have the opportunity to learn with a community.

Life at Le Wagon:

The schedule at Le Wagon is quite simple: lecture and then practice, practice, practice… the practice part is like an infinitive refrain of a song: you can’t get rid of it and you don’t even want to get rid of it. But, practice is the key! And we don’t practice alone. We practice with buddies (this is the cooperation system used by Le Wagon), and we have teachers’ support. You can’t be stuck in one problem for more than 1 hour, unless you really want it. I was immersed in doing the challenges, only hoping the time could fly slowly, but the time is ruthless, it never happened.

Generally, we have one-hour live-code at the end of the day. Sometimes, someone has to code in front of the class, and of course, not every day we had volunteers. You will always remember the “wheel of death” moment 😅if it happens : we randomly select someone. But don’t panic, you will always get the answer, the whole class is by your side.

Teamwork is another keyword at Le Wagon. For the whole bootcamp : with your buddies, or when you are working together for a group project. You should always keep that in mind. I was very impressed by the way we pitched for our own project,  how we had feedbacks and the way we chose the project we wanted to work with. If you are accepted, you will expand your knowledge, and Le Wagon does it very efficiently.

Collaboration ❤️

In the last 3 weeks, you will work with the same teammates all the time. I had an excellent experience working with my teammates. They were very supportive, cooperative. We had a lot of meetings to review, discuss, plan our daily work. Usually meeting means boring moments, waste of time. But in our case, I never had this kind of feeling. It is very useful and necessary. I learned from everyone. Another good thing I found is, not just inside the team, cross the teams, we also made a lot of connections. Sharing or asking for help is normal during the bootcamp.

Finally making a product : the final weeks

I will never forget the last 2 weeks dedicated to our final project. From scratch to final product, we made it! I know, I still have a lot to learn. But, in less than 2 weeks, creating an app from zero, is already amazing. I couldn’t believe it before we made it. We worked a lot, myself, my teammates, the whole team of Teachers. I am so proud of it, indescribably proud of it!.

My pieces of advice:

• Be prepared for the class. Take online courses, do the exercises, the more, the better!
    • Be prepared that sitting all day long in front of laptop, after the bootcamp, you could suddenly realize that Le Wagon fatten you up!
    • Don’t think that the teacher always tell you everything: They say the 3 first weeks are the most difficult ones. The true fact is: No! Every Week is challenging!
    • Learn some French words if you come from a country where people don’t speak French. Or if this helps: if you want to find a local language partner, try a cool app named“Bonjourhi” (please allow me to promote our final project here lol)
    • Notice that you will be used to learn and code in a very intensive pace, this could affect your daily speaking speed, eat speed, walking speed etc etc.
    • Warning! Probably you will be sad, depressive, get lost on the Saturday morning after the demo day party :(

Conclusion:

9 weeks is like a little nap, without having a dream, suddenly you are woken up. It is tough, but it is a looooot of fun. Besides the new career opportunity, it is also the opportunity to challenge yourself, to see the benefits after your hard work. You can’t buy a sense of accomplishment, never, the only way to do it is to commit.

Find this mystery joy by yourself. Then, you will be as me, as my classmates, as the  alumni around the world, grateful and satisfied.

• Linda Mollinedo  User Photo
    Linda Mollinedo • Tech Business Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The experience in Le Wagon was incredible, although it had a programming base certainly did not apply it since too many years ago. The teaching method they have is very intensive and work perfectly, the teachers as well are the best. They have been a key piece to start a startup, we developed a complete web platform in 2 weeks and today it is up to me to continue with it. Thanks to Le Wagon I have the necessary skills to continue my startup. It is certainly the best decision I made this year.
  • Fico Aguiar  User Photo
    Fico Aguiar • Graduate Verified via GitHub

My journey at Le Wagon has been a great experience which will hopefully help me to change my career path, and lead me into the development industry. I spent the last 15 years in different industries from automotive, to supply chain and advertising on the sales side before I joined the Bootcamp. I wanted to make a change to the tech side, either by jumping into the tech industry or even launching my own project. I chose the Le Wagon Bootcamp because I thought it would be the perfect way to get there.

What I liked the most about learning how to code at Le Wagon was the way the days were structured. We had a lecture in the morning and then we spent the rest of the day working on challenges in pairs and ended the day with a live code session. The teachers and teaching assistants were also available throughout the day to assist whenever needed. I think it's not only the best way to learn how to code but to learn in general! I really felt comfortable learning; no question was too small, and they made the effort to stay late to give extra help and even went the extra mile to organize trips on weekends for us.

I'm really proud of my final project - Green Room. A unified booking portal for Bollywood actors, producers, cameramen. It's crazy to think back and realize that we were able to build a fully functioning app - in 2 weeks and after just 7 weeks of lessons! I love that Le Wagon enables you to work on producing the solution to a problem you might be passionate about.

I had the best time learning to code in Bali. I'm sure other Le Wagon alumni have similar experiences as me but I can't emphasize enough just how special Bali is. The weather is always great - from sunrise to sunset. It made it easier to keep motivated as I learned how to code. I also really liked my batch and it was easy to make friends.

It was without a doubt, a very intense course but ultimately, so rewarding! I'd like to thank the entire Le Wagon Bali team and my batch #253, especially Dirk, the teachers and TAs, Guido, Prima, Sonia, Margo, Eli, Magnus and Mirha. I'm very happy and very proud to be part of the Le Wagon Bali family.

• TK  User Photo
    TK • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

What I liked about Le Wagon Tokyo in short,

• Great curriculum
      It was intense and hard, to be honest. But following the curriculum, I have obtained fundamental knowledge and skills about web development, and now I can confidently address myself as a full-stack web developer.
    • Wonderful support from teachers and managements
      Very supportive and well-experienced teachers and managers. They became not only my teachers and mentors but also really nice friends as well.
    • The diverse culture and life long friendships
      The batch I had joined had 24 members from 13 different countries. And I had a really really nice time with them in and out of classes. I can't forget about the good time going karaoke, having a drinking party, playing futsal...

I truly recommend Le Wagon Tokyo if you are looking for a coding Bootcamp in Tokyo.

• Amazing
    - 12/16/2019
    Alejo Gonzales chaves  User Photo
    Alejo Gonzales chaves • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Best experience of my life. It changed my life forever. I grew up in mental and personality skills.

• Zache  User Photo
    Zache • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Before joining Le Wagon, I was a fresh grad with a degree in Systems Engineering (ElectroMechanical Systems). I started exploring web development during my capstone project in the last year of my university where I have to come up with a web application to log data from sensors and displaying them. Even though web development was not taught in my course's syllabus, I found myself enjoying to learn the concepts of web developing on the Internet. Hence, out of interest, I had found Le Wagon to kickstart me towards that direction.

I had so much fun during the Bootcamp! Even though the Bootcamp was intensive, the instructors and my batch mates made it possible for me to enjoy every second of it. The Bootcamp also provided us with coding challenges every day to enhance our problem solving capabilities, which motivated me to try to complete every single one of them, and time felt like it passed so quickly.

The toughest part of the Bootcamp for me was definitely the final project, where all the concepts came together since week 1 and it was like an examination to come up with an actual viable product to showcase to the world. Initially, my product pitch in week 5 was simply a travel application which is able to plan and organize itineraries for trips. However, the idea evolved constantly throughout the rest of the Bootcamp, following feedback from my batch mates and the instructors. My final product called Trails is now a planning application which is able to collaborate with people to plan activities, with templated checklists (and delegate to people in your group), and is also able to map all the activities with locations on a single map.

Looking back at how much my initial idea has developed, I would say don't be afraid of coming up with ideas which may seem stupid at first, as you may never know how far can your idea grow. Quoting Prima, one of the instructors in Le Wagon: "Great products always starts off with crazy and funny ideas".I could not have imagined that it was possible to build a web application in just 2 weeks which I actually took close to 4 months to build back then in university! Overall, I would say the journey was not easy but definitely an enjoyable experience and an amazing opportunity to be the second batch of students to graduate from Le Wagon Singapore.

• Geraldine Vanderkelen  User Photo
    Geraldine Vanderkelen • start-up co-founder • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I was trying to launch a start-up and quite quickly bumped into the reality of costs constraints... How to move on, creating the product you wish to launch, and limiting costs?
    And then a friend advise to join Le Wagon... Me? Was I the right person? Never written a single row of code before.....
    I just siad to myself: "Ok, let's take up this challenge..."
    I very quickly realized that I never had a better advice in the process of launching my own business. 9 intense weeks of coding program, to give me the essential understanding, knowledge and autonomy to build up a mock-up first (during the 2 weeks project of the bootcamp), and then the product itself.
    A fantastic support in my project has also come from Le Wagon team. People that encourage you to follow the path you chose and are available to support in your journey.
    It has been a great opportunity to join this course and I truly recommend it :)

• Taisei  User Photo
    Taisei • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Le Wagon offered a supreme coding experience. Teachers were very friendly and skilled, who were open to helping students out anytime during the course of the bootcamp.

Not to mention the abundancy in external resources which is quite hard to find when studying alone, and access to slack channels for useful information.

• Claudia van Tongeren  User Photo
    Claudia van Tongeren • UX Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The Le Wagon coding bootcamp is so much more than a 9-week course. It starts with thorough prepwork, alumni get life-long access to the learning platform packed with video-lectures, slide-decks, assignments, career advise, etc. Students are diverse in experience, culture, and age, yet are bound by being highly motivated. After the bootcamp you'll stay connected with a great network.

During the bootcamp skilled teachers and technical assistants provide excellent coaching. Apart from Ruby, Rails, OOP, SQL, HTML, CSS, Javacript, you learn to work in teams, design products, pitch ideas, and demo prototypes. At the end, teams build products from scratch in only 9 days. It was amazing what we all pulled off at demo day.

I started working in the digital branche way back; in the last 15 years as a UX designer and user researcher. I felt a nagging knowledge gap with regards to actually *making* products. That's why I chose to quit my job and seek the adventure. Now I feel better equiped to go back to designing. But first I'll give it a go to become an entrepreneur and launch my own app.

The past months did change my life. Good value for money.
  • Gerard Cabarse  User Photo
    Gerard Cabarse • Full-stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I was a growth marketer working FinTech before I went to LeWagon. I've always liked the idea of being a developer and had been freelancing as a front-end developer at the same time. I felt that I needed to boost my skills and go full-stack to make any significant career changes.

LeWagon's nine-week program provides a well-designed curriculum taught by a host of knowledgeable teachers and TAs. They were not joking when they said it was going to go by really fast - you learn A LOT over the course of nine weeks. While this may sound daunting, the teachers and TAs were highly knowledgable and experienced developers themselves. I felt like I was in good hands in the program.

By the end of the program, I felt up to speed on what I needed to know to begin creating my own web applications. Even after the program, I'm in touch with my teachers and the entire network of alumni. I'm extremely happy with my choice to make the jump into full-stack development and I could not imagine a better program to have joined.

PS: Do your flashcards.

• Maxime  User Photo
    Maxime • Graduate Verified via GitHub

My background is somewhat different from the usual student of a coding bootcamp.

I was trained as an engineer, and have worked in research and development, designed and built production grade software for a couple decades. But it was all very niche - to take a car analogy I was an expert at making the most efficient pistons, but barely litterate with engines, and clueless with vehicles.

To put it in simpler terms, I could write software, very good software, but not an application.
    This had been a frustration for many years - many ideas not pursued for lack of knowing where to start...

I could have turned to online courses and learn yet another handful languages, but from my practical experience there is no substitute for dedicated mentoring, and the experience of working on projects as a team. Both of which are cornerstones of Le Wagon bootcamp.

So after closing a chapter in my career, I decided to enroll in Le Wagon in Tokyo.

The program is every bit as good as others have commented on this site. Curriculum is very solid and well designed, up to date, well adapted to complete beginners, and certainly very efficient at turning them into competent junior developers by the end of the course. From the point of view of a seasoned veteran, watching that metamorphosis felt like a little miracle - while the result of very hard work from both students and teachers.

Speaking of which, the teaching staff in Tokyo is excellent - competent, dedicated, available, and friendly. I was lucky to have extraordinary teachers in my university years, and I am happy to say the guys at Le Wagon are very much up there counting among the best!

Also of note was the strong sense of camaraderie and cooperative mindset among students of our batch.
    The feeling of belonging to Le Wagon's network of alumni and staff is no small part in its successful formula.

I will admit that at times I had doubts if I had made the right choice enrolling in the bootcamp, especially at the beginning when the learning curve was still gentle for a veteran coder.
    By the time team projects started (7th week onward), they were gone - replaced by the thrill and passion of building actual products with young and talented teammates.

Long story short: I highly recommend Le Wagon. Even at a later point in ones career, it's a great place for old dogs to learn new tricks.

• Eduardo Santoro Gemmal  User Photo
    Eduardo Santoro Gemmal • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

The hardest, most intense and fun experience of my life.

My experience in Le Wagon was really life-changing. They provided me with the tools to start a new career or even combine my previous Business skills with the new technical skills I acquired.

The teachers transit from super serious to fun in a heartbeat, creating a highly productive and enjoyable environment.

It's no pick-nick! If you're not 150% committed to this, you won't stand it! The intensity starts even before the classes begin, with the prep course. Be prepared! Take one month off before the course starts to be able to make the most of this prep which is crucial to your success during the classes.

The results are REAL. You will come out the other end with the necessary tools to start your career as a programmer. You'll also be part of a global community of alumni and you'll make friends for life. Make no mistake, though: it's still a long endless road after that...

I definitely recommend Le Wagon.

• Louis-Marie Guiganton  User Photo
    Louis-Marie Guiganton • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Beware that you will not leave this program as a fully operational/experimented Dev. That takes months/years of learning and practicing.

That being said, Le Wagon Lille gave me all I needed to do complete the first steps to understand programming, gave me key knowledge in Ruby, SQL, HTML, CSS, Javascript so that I can now build some cool shit. That's what you get from Le Wagon : the necessary knowledge and tools to keep performing/learning on your own or in your future team.
    Of course there is still a long way down the road, but damn it was great to learn all this.

The staff kept pushing us to be better, to learn to do our research, I met some great people. Hard to grasp how much we learned in those 9 weeks (because that is A LOT) but my only regret is not doing Le Wagon earlier.
    I recommend it 100%!

• Nabila Siregar  User Photo
    Nabila Siregar • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Before Le Wagon, I was majoring in Chemistry, and at the end of my 2nd year of university I realized I would not enjoy working in research nor academic field. I didn't have a good unified field theory of career selection or passion, so I explored a lot to assess my strengths and develop interests. From taking classes outside my major to competing in business case and marketing competitions, and finally ending up on the Le Wagon website. My university is a technology university, but becoming a developer or working in the tech industry almost never crossed my mind because the way they taught us in my "Introduction to Information Technology" class in freshman year instantly killed my interest in programming. However, the start-up culture and presence is really strong around me, I realized that almost every solution to today's problems involves programming. So, I told myself to give programming another shot, because often times you hate something only because you don't understand it. Thanks to Le Wagon, I never thought learning how to code could be this fun, it was still challenging, but the teachers and the curriculum helped me to re-gain my love for learning. I was surprised with how much I enjoyed coding and wanting to learn more and more day by day. With Le Wagon, it is not just about learning how to code but you also have the chance to develop your entrepreneurial and leadership mindset. During the bootcamp, we worked in pairs so we got accustomed to working with peers or pair-programming. Having a buddy who was better than me accelerated my learning process, and helping a buddy who was struggling, deepened my understanding and helped me to develop higher quality code. I learnt that having a great team is so much more important than having a great product idea. I think Le Wagon is a great investment to kick start your tech career.

• Andres Cerutti  User Photo
    Andres Cerutti • Industrial engineering • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Le Wagon has an amazing approach of teaching, based on intensive training and exercises all day long, led by a fantastic team of teachers and TAs. I've always been passionate about the start-up world, but always frustrated not to be able to code, or understand it.

Now, thanks to this 9-week intensive program, I can build a website from scratch, and the skills I acquired are absolutely precious. I never thought I would be able to achieve so much in 9 weeks.

So I can say without hesitating that applying for the fullstack intensive program was the best investment I've made so far.

• Ashna  User Photo
    Ashna • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I studied Mathematics at University and after graduating I wasn’t quite sure what career path I wanted to go down. I ended up working as a financial analyst for a government organisation, but before the two year mark I quickly realised this wasn’t where I envisioned my future. What I did know is that I wanted something more mentally challenging that also allowed me to be creative.

During my studies, I remember regretting not making use of the extra curricular classes that taught programming languages and so it remained on my list of skills I wanted to have. I started looking up coding courses that I could do in my free time, however it never really kicked off until a friend of mine recommended Le Wagon. We attended the Demo Day at the Google for Startups Campus in our home city London and were more than impressed. It was then that I started the Ruby Track on CodeCademy and realised just how much I enjoyed it.

I wanted a break from London, as well as better weather so I decided to apply to Le Wagon Bali. There was a part of me that questioned whether I was making the right choice, and if it would be better to do the bootcamp in my home city instead, however I can without a doubt say that I made the best decision to pick Le Wagon in Bali.

All the teachers, Guido, Eli, Prima, Gian-Luca, Rayhan & Sonia were fantastic and were really committed to the academic learning of the students as well as their mental well-being. They went above my expectations and would often stay behind after class to go over concepts or help with issues we were having so readily and happily. I learnt so much from them, but most importantly I re-gained my love for learning and a new found passion for web and application development. I feel confident and excited to now start a career in tech which I find absolutely amazing considering my position just a few months ago. I can honestly say Le Wagon Bali has been one of the best decisions to invest in myself that I have made in a while.

• Reece  User Photo
    Reece • Student Verified via GitHub

Before Le wagon I was a bit lost, I had just finished playing hockey having to step away because of injury & my mind was starting to go in a lot of different directions. When you spend so much of your time dedicated to one thing, a sudden change can really mess you up mentally & that leads me to explain my experience at Le wagons bootcamp.... It's quite scary being 21 from Canada travelling across the world to learn how to code; something which I knew absolutely nothing about. The first day was intimidating, seeing all these different classmates with prior business, product, and even programming knowledge that I didn't have. A lot of times you want to just give up and quit. I remember week 1 trying to 'iterate through a hash'... and thinking "I'm never going to be able do this I should just throw my laptop out the window", but with the help of the teachers and other classmates everything started to come together & FAST.  Le wagon's bootcamp may not be considered tertiary education in some people's eyes, but they provide you with connections and resources that you could never hope to find on your own. By the time week 9 came I truly felt confident in a lot of different things that I had no clue how to do before and that is all credited to the way the course is structured. For anyone who is a little bit lost in their life but has the desire to consume new knowledge Le wagon is a must. I learned it's not just about the code, there are so many other avenues & tricks that are taught at Le wagon to help you find the perfect setting for you in this rapidly expanding tech industry. For my final project our team worked on MilesX, an app that allows you to buy and sell airline miles for cheaper business class flights.It was a lot of work, there was a ton of web pages to create, and group disagreements we overcame. All in all I think that having to deal with those hiccups along the way made our project better. Any disagreement always spurred new discussions & having 10 pages made everyone work harder on the APIs, the design, and the basic structure. It turned out really well and I'm personally just happy that our group could learn as much as we did in a 2 week period. For anyone thinking about joining Le wagon, do it. If you have a creative attitude I urge you to explore code. I read recently that only 0.5% of the earths population know how to write lines of code; thanks to Le wagon I can now say that I am apart of arguably the most exclusive club in the world! Why wouldn't you want to join that club too.PS.This is of course my own opinion, but learning to code in Bali is unparelleled ;Reece Soukoroff, Batch 306 Bali

• Johannes  User Photo
    Johannes • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I completed the 9-week bootcamp with Le Wagon in Bali, Indonesia in November 2019 (Batch #306). The program teaches Ruby, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, SQL, git, GitHub, Heroku and how to combine everything with the Ruby on Rails framework. Graduates are able to build web applications incl. backend, frontend, and hosting. In addition, the program touches important aspects such as developing in a team, testing, dev ops, and design. In general, the bootcamp curriculum is very well thought out and fully enables graduates to start building.

I’m a 31 years old mechanical engineer and MBA from Germany. In the last five years, I have founded and build a hardware startup in the field of measurement technology for industrial customers. While communicating with our software developers in the role of a product owner, I always felt a communication gap due to my lack of experience in software development. My motivation for the bootcamp was to close this gap and ideally being able to develop a Minimum Viable Product myself for my next startup idea.

The Bootcamp has exceeded my expectations, especially in terms of the breadth and depth of practical skills being taught. Each morning begins with a two-hour lecture followed by challenges for independent study, where you can exchange ideas with a student buddy or get help from a teaching assistant if needed. At the end of the day, there will be a live coding of individual students in front of the whole group. Those who still have the energy after 9-10 hours of programming can recapitulate what they have learned at home with "flashcards" i.e. virtual index cards.

I most liked the methodology and didactic the program follows. Especially the daily challenges are perfectly set up with a gamification approach. Regular successes keep motivation high and the day flies by very quickly. I started a pure online course before and unfortunately had the opposite experience. I can 100% recommend the Le Wagon bootcamp as a full-stack web development in-person program.

The location of Bali is excellent because it makes it possible to relax on weekends in fantastic surroundings. In addition, almost all the students have traveled to Bali for the bootcamp and can concentrate on the program without distractions.

• Eric  User Photo
    Eric • Student Verified via GitHub
    I just completed the Full-Stack Development Bootcamp with Le Wagon in Bali, Indonesia (Batch #306). In 9 intense weeks, we learned the fundamentals of web development, culminating with us building from scratch two working prototypes. The pacing, teachers, and curriculum organization were absolutely top-notch to learn launching a well-designed project quickly.

Before joining Le Wagon, I was an accountant and business consultant for five years in Washington DC. While I’ve always had a passion for entrepreneurship, I lacked the skills to turn my ideas into reality. Through this (demanding, yet fun!) program, I feel comfortable with my programming foundation enough to continue working on my own after the course. I started a new project just days after!

The typical day looks like this: Arrive around 8:30/9, about a 2 hour lecture to learn a new topic for the day, and then from 11-5:30 you pair up with a classmate to work on challenges at your own pace. At 5:30 we have another lecture/livecode/group activity. The whole time the teachers are there with you every step of the way to answer questions or clarify concepts. Perhaps one of the most worthwhile and beneficial parts of Le Wagon is access to high caliber teachers. For me, this is the biggest separation from learning code on your own.

Overall, I had a very positive experience with Le Wagon. I feel like I have a completely new set of tools to reshape my career going forward. Whether you’re interested in changing your career path, pursing side projects/companies, or simply to learn a new skill, I’d 100% recommend the decision to go with Le Wagon.
  • The 9 week Marathon
    - 11/18/2019
    Perrin  User Photo
    Perrin • Senior Software Tester • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Before joining Batch 281 at Le Wagon Montreal I was working in B2B Marketing for
    IT. The job was ok but there was no room for growth in the company. I felt stuck and
    really wanted a change. But I also didn’t want to go back University for another 2-4
    years. A 9-week bootcamp sounded perfect. So, I applied.
    Flash forward a few months to the first week of “camp” and right away I knew it was
    going to be worth it. Our daily schedule was honestly the best part. Class was only
    an hour and a half long, followed by a good 6 hours of practical exercises. Learning
    to code is hard and the only way to develop and get better is to practice as much as
    you can. Believe me, you practice at Le Wagon.
    By the end of the 9-week marathon I had built so many things it was amazing. From
    simple math programs, to a multi-page e-commerce site with full front and back end
    capabilities, it’s hard to think that it was only back at the beginning of July that I
    started all of this.
    Everything I’ve said so far alone would make doing the bootcamp worth it. But there
    is so much more to it. I met and made new friends, made fantastic network
    connections, attended my first hack-a-thon, and joined a network of amazing Alumni
    from around the world. I loved my time at Le Wagon Montreal and wouldn’t change
    the long hard hours and large team projects for the world.