ironhack-logo

Ironhack

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Bordeaux, Düsseldorf, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Mexico City, Miami, Online, Paris, Sao Paulo

Ironhack

Ironhack offers full-time and part-time bootcamps in Web Development, UX/UI design, Data Analytics and Cyber Security in Miami (Florida), Madrid and Barcelona (Spain), Paris (France) Mexico City (Mexico), Berlin (Germany), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Sao Paulo (Brazil), Lisbon (Portugal) and remotely. Ironhack uses a customized approach to education by allowing students to shape their experience based on personal goals. Students who graduate from the Web Development Bootcamp will be skilled in technologies like JavaScript, HTML5 and CSS3. The UX/UI program covers Design Thinking, Photoshop, Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision, and JavaScript. Data Analytics covers data wrangling/cleaning, APIs, web scraping, and intermediate topics in Git, MySQL, Python, Data visualization, Panda, and Machine Learning. The Data Analytics program allows students to load, clean, explore and extract valuable insights from datasets and cultivate languages, such as Python, SQL and Tableau. The Cyber Security course provides students with the hands-on skills they need to land a job in the growing cybersecurity industry. In the Cyber Security course, students will develop the most in-demand knowledge to be part of any company's cybersecurity workforce and become a cybersecurity professional.

The admissions process for each program includes an online application, a personal interview, and a technical assessment.

Throughout each Ironhack program, students will get help navigating career development through interview prep, enhancing digital brand presence, and networking opportunities. Students will have a chance to delve into the tech community with Ironhack events, workshops, and Meetups. With more than 6,000 graduates, Ironhack has an extensive global network of alumni and +600 partner companies. Graduates of Ironhack will be well-positioned to find a job as a web developer, UX/UI designer, data analyst, or cyber security professional upon graduation as all students have access to career services to prepare them for the job search and facilitating interviews in their city's local tech ecosystem. Ironhack is the first European bootcamp to report its outcomes.

Recent Ironhack Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (971) reviews for Ironhack →

Recent Ironhack News

Read all (39) articles about Ironhack →
  • Cyber Security Bootcamp

LocationOnline, Madrid, London, Barcelona, Mexico City, Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon
    The Ironhack Cybersecurity Bootcamp covers the hands-on and practical skills necessary for Bootcampers to land high-paying careers in cybersecurity, one of the world’s fastest growing industries. The bootcamp is an accelerated cybersecurity training program designed to successfully prepare people with little or no background in IT for entry level jobs in cybersecurity, a highly in-demand and lucrative career path. The Bootcamp is delivered in a blended format at a Cybint Certified Center with both on campus learning and online self-paced activities.
    DepositYes

Do you need help with the payment? Visit our Financing page: https://www.ironhack.com/en/financing

Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
    Prep Work20 hours of online learning material. This prework will familiarize you with what a computer is, how operating systems work and what networks are. This knowledge will get you ready for learning Cybersecurity
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Full-time)

LocationParis, Madrid, Barcelona, Mexico City, Berlin, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon, London, Miami, Online
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 9 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    Tuition PlansTuition varies by campus location
    ScholarshipIronhack offers an upfront scholarship of 10% off for any of our Web Development
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module.
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Part-Time)

Git, MySQL, Python, SQL, Data Analytics , Data Structures, Data Visualization
    LocationMadrid, Barcelona, Mexico City, Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon, London, Miami, Online
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 24 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time)

CSS, HTML, User Experience Design, Agile, Mobile, Product Management
    LocationMadrid, Paris, Mexico City, Barcelona, Berlin, Miami, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon, London, Online
    This 9 week immersive course is catered to beginners with no previous design or technical experience. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep WorkThe Pre-work is a 40 hours self-guided content that will help you to understand basic UX/UI Design concepts and it will make you design your first works in Sketch and Flinto.
  • UX/UI Design Course (Part-Time)

CSS, Design, Product Management, User Experience Design, Agile, HTML, Mobile
    LocationMiami, Mexico City, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Paris, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon, London, Online
    The UX/UI Design Part-time course meets Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with additional online coursework over a period of 6 months. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level when the course begins.
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time)

AngularJS, CSS, Express.js, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, MongoDB, Node.js, React.js
    LocationMadrid, Berlin, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Paris, Barcelona, Sao Paulo, Lisbon, London, Miami, Online
    This course enables students to design and build full stack JavaScript web applications. Students will learn the fundamentals of programming, with a big emphasis on battle-tested patterns and best practices. By the end of the course, students will have the ability to evaluate a problem and select the optimal solution using the language/framework best suited for a project’s scope. In addition to technical skills, the course will train students in how to think like a programmer. Students will learn how to deconstruct complex problems and break them into smaller modules. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing. A good programmer has a general understanding of the various programming languages and when to use them. A great programmer understands the fundamental structure and possesses the ability to learn any new language when required.

Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Part-Time)

AngularJS, Express.js, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, MongoDB, Node.js, CSS, React.js
    LocationMiami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon
  • Anand Kumar • IOS Developer • Graduate

I’m Anand from Malaysia,I studied I.T from London Metropolitan University and the last time i code was 10 years ago. I am a Web Designer,Graphic Designer and a UI Designer. Over the past years i have ventured into many other work including producing Reality Shows and account manager for brands.

I chose Ironhack because of its reputation as the best Coding BootCamp in Europe and it was nearer for me since I came from Malaysia.

The methodology is good as far as it is concerned, i have never been to other bootcamps, so I can’t really say much about it. It would be nice if you can suggest extra one month or something for those beginners before getting into the main class, so everyone will be in the same level and understanding.

Teachers are good and was able to cope with all our questions and ramblings, also my classmates were totally amazing, they were part of the whole study as well, without them I don’t think I would have totally survived the bootcamp.

The things I like the most: free beers, good classmates, environment and the people .

The most difficult part for me was Coredata. Trying to grasp everything everyday was difficult, everyday we were learning something new and had no time for recap and remembering.

My final project was Menu Del Dia app which shows the menu del dia of the restaurants nearby to the user. Its a simple and straightforward app.

Too early to say anything about Careers...well i think so far so good, lets see how its goes.

I would recommend Ironhack to everyone because it’s a very good place to have a feel of what is coding all about and the excitement of it.

• Javier García-Vidal • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate

Ironhack is certainly a unique experience, in my case I am a computer science engineer. Since the first day I noticed that Ironhack has nothing to do with what I studied at university, where what they taught was really outdated. Courses were oriented to the theoretical part and quite unrelated to what companies were demanding.

The community I created with my fellow colleagues at Ironhack is magnificent and today we remain as a small family where we all help and cooperate with each other for a common benefit.

In Ironhack you can get the ability to develop projects that you have previously thought about but you weren’t able to develop because you didn’t have the tools and knowledge you need. That was what happened to me, I have an idea before arriving and was not able to carry it out. But I could make it for the  Hackshow at the end of the course and I proved myself that I could do it.

Also they have advised me magnificently on how to orient my professional profile online and prepared me to face interviews, coding challenges and to negotiate my starting salary.

Many friends ask me if I will recommend Ironhack and I have no doubt, it´s a great experience I wilI repeated again without hesitation.

• More than code
    - 6/22/2015
    Miguel Antonio Savignano Coronado • Graduate

Going through Ironhack has been the best educational experience I have had in my life, and I know that this only the beginning to reaching all my professional goals.

I started to study Electronic Engineering at Carlos III University in Madrid, but soon found out it was not for me. So I ended up enrolling at a Professional training program in Telecommunications. There I found out about my passion for coding

Ironhack for me is a dream come true, bringing to my professional and personal life unmeasurable value. From the 1st day when I met the instructor Rafa de Castro I knew that the best way to learn web development. What I loved was that new concepts we learned were immediately put into practice in exercises.

What Ironhack has given me above everything else is a group of colleagues that I met and shared over 10 hours a day learning with. We helped each other all the time, we carried out projects together and most importantly, every friday we went out for a few beers! It was tough to spend so much time programming and to learn so many new concepts in only 2 months, however having such peers and mentors and professors, really made the difference and created the perfect ecosystem to learn more every day. You could feel the passion everyone there has for coding!

Ironhack is much more than your peers and professors, in the labour market you can feel that being an Ironhacker starts to make a difference. In Madrid you run into Ironhack alumni at every coding meetup and there is one working at a bunch of companies or startups.

• Great experience!
    - 6/20/2015
    Toni De Mingo • iOS Developer

I am delighted to have done the course, I definitely recommend it to all my friends, my life has completely changed. As I said, one month later i was an ...iOS Developer ! And I starting coding not so long ago as my education is in economy and business administration.

The bootcamp is tough, but that's how you learn, basically no pain no gain. There are several key points of the course that make you adopt a winning mentality and very professional approach to programming.

The first point is that teachers are first class. What you learn in Ironhack is to do things in a serious and professional way, you’re the one that set the limits .

The routine takes several hours a day. Starting at 9am, teaching ends at 6pm but then we all stayed until 10pm with colleagues taking things forward, the atmosphere is really awesome! It is like all paddling together to reach the goal, these are the kind of experiences that create amazing links!

You’all also learn lots things about the environment, is like driving for the first time, lot’s of good feelings. There are several weekly business talks and workshops, thanks to them you get to know lots of interesting people, businesses and personal experiences. It gives you a good idea of how does the startup ecosystem works today.

One of the things that I was worried about was the loneliness I was about to face at the end of the course. In that sense Ironhack helps you very much. Ironhack assigned a person (Alvaro) dedicated exclusively to prepare and help everyone at my cohort to find a job. He was kind of my personal coach! I can also say that Ironhack is highly valued in the market, is what I have noticed when I finally start working one month later.

I hope my thoughts help you and you will be excited about joining the course, it is a very enriching experience!

• Marian Martínez • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate

I started to study Higher Technician in Computer Network Systems Management in 2010 and it was during this period when I discover the world of programming and I was totally hooked.  After that, I was working as full stack web developer in a marketing online agency where I had to face many challenges.  One day I realized that I need to stop and continue learning. My main goal was to  improve my skills developing scalable, maintainable and well tested web applications. That day, was the day I found Ironhack and I left my job to begin a new adventure.

From my point of view, Ironhack is the best course to start a career in web development. You will learn not only all the best practices and all the technologies required and used by the leading companies, but also you will be involved in a great and different experience where teachers and classmates work and practice together to get the best from every hour.

Teachers are all excellent professionals with a huge working experience so learn from them has been a pleasure and a great opportunity.

All eight weeks of the Bootcamp have been very intense but the hardest week for me was the second one, when I discover how to do TDD and it was very challenging.

Finally, doing a final project where you can practice everything you have learned is essential. In my case, I was working in a learning platform called “Skillstep” where you can create your own learning tracks. To introduce a project at the Demo day was not my goal, so I decided to focus in learn better how to do specific parts of my application and it was good choice. Whether you want only to learn or you have an entrepreneurial profile and you want to know how to develop your project, you will find no better place.

Career support after Ironhack is excellent also, and the “Career Week” a good opportunity to get  a good job. Thanks to a coding challenge sponsored by a company that we did last week, I am waiting to close a job offer only a couple of weeks after graduating, so I couldn't be happier at this moment.

• Ironhack Madrid
    - 6/17/2015
    Isaura Fontcuberta • Graduate

When I first learned about Ironhack, I knew everyone is capable of coding. I tried to learn how to code by myself, but I felt lost in the huge programmer’s world. Ironhack was my guide to obtaining a full web development toolbox. The classroom based learning environment is ideal to improve your skills and to achieve your career objectives. After some weeks of intense work, a rollercoaster of feelings and many hours working with great teachers and mentors, I find myself comfortable around languages and technical resources to grow up any web business idea. Ironhack is the absolute platform to start your developer career.

• Rafael Tejado • Graduate

I am a photographer who wanted to change the course of my career, so I started to experiment with many disciplines and ended up discovering that coding was something that I liked and I was good at. At first I was trying to learn by myself, but when I found Ironhack and the way they understood education, I didn’t hesitate and applied for it.

During the bootcamp I met a different approach to learning that was really different from what I’ve seen during all my years of being a student. The way that the syllabus of the course is developed is impressive. In Ironhack the focus is in the feedback of the students, improving the quality of the materials week by week.

Thanks to their methodology centered in doing things over heavy theory, working with your classmates and helping each other and the excellent selection of professionals programmers who also know how to teach, in the end you know more than two programming languages. You learn to learn. You make your basic principles that will lead your future career as a web developer.

Would I recommend Ironhack? Of course.

• Ironhack Review
    - 6/5/2015
    Jaime Muñoz • Full Stack Developer at Marketgoo • Graduate

Ironhack's bootcamps are short in time and long in contents. I don't think they are for everyone. You mut be properly motivated for it. Thats why Ironhack has a selection process to be sure you are a good candidate.
    They also have a scholarship program for the proper candidates.

Trying to complete these contents in 2 months means to work on it from 9am to 9pm every day during the bootcamp. In my case for example I accomplished Ironhack’s bootcamp with the following contents (more or less) in 8 weeks:

•    Week 1
        ◦    The basics
        ◦    HTML, CSS, JS
        ◦    Responsive design
        ◦    Browser development tools

•    Week 2: Start coding!
        ◦    Git, Github, Gist
        ◦    Intro programming and algorithms
        ◦    Coding in Ruby on Rails
        ◦    First test spec

•    Week 3: Clean code
        ◦    Designing web apps and clean code
        ◦    Data and relationships with Rails

•    Week 7 & 8: The end
        ◦    Advanced Workshops
        ◦    Final Project
        ◦    Demo Day

During two months you can do nothing but coding. That means you cannot work during the bootcamp.

Does it worth?
    Absolutely. It’s hard, expensive and sometimes stressand, but it's also funny and the reward is amazing.
    Teachers are very skilled people they will push for a fast learning path, so you will learn in a way you could never imagine before. In quantity and in quality
    Besides, you will meet a lot of interesting people with the same concerns than you, and they enjoy his profession like you do.

If you work hard you will be prepared for the next step in your career’s evolution to a better job or just to do it better where you are.
    My personal experience is that thanks to Ironhack and my hard work, I reached all my goals in 3 months.

• H M • Graduate

My experience at Ironhack was very positive one. As a minority and female with limited coding experience, I was doubtful at the beginning if I could complete the program. However, after 8 weeks, I not only completed the program, but also was able to develop a web application from scratch.

Before Ironhack, I was in business, doing completely unrelated to programming. I even had a great fear for anything technology. One day I decided to cast off my fear of tech and started learning how to code. Though I was studying dilligently, it was very inefficient. As a responsible adult with responsibilities to fulfill, I thought going to school and learn "how to learn coding" in a short amount of time seemed efficient than reading posts after posts on stackoverflow.  And, I am glad to tell you that I made the right decision.

What makes Ironhack very unique was people - my classmates, the teachers and the staff. My classmates were from all walks of life and open-minded, which made me feel ok to ask even seemingly silly questions in the class. I still hang out with some of my classmates even after the program ended.

The teachers were great, too. Though some classes and the curriculum have rooms for improvement such as installing some programs prior to the cohort begins, the lead teacher, with knowlege, passion for coding and teaching, patience and care for each one of us, made my learning experience the excelent one.

The staff. I decided to attend Ironhack because of the staff. Everyone was always thinking about how to create an open and comfortable environment and make the learning experience fun. They provided us many opportunites like happy hour, beach BBQ, and pinada smashing (to release our stress) for us to socialize and have some break. They also set up a weekly meeting where students can provide feedback and share our thoughts. People there were "real."

Lastly, Ironhack provided great job assistance. Of course, I had to do 99% of the work following their strategic advice, but they set up interviews with companies (I received a job offer from one of them), provided useful resources and followed up with me on the phone almost weekly for practical advice and encouragement. As a result, I received a few job offers and am currently working for a growing tech company (where my colleagues know the Ironhack lead instructor).

Ironhack really changed my life.

There are many schools out there with different emphasis but I think the value of going to a coding school is to build skills, confidence and knowledge to continuously learn new technologies. Like myself, many coding school students will probably end up learning something new or maybe unrelated to what they have learned at school. Then, my recommendation is to go to a place like Ironhack where you interact with good people in a good envionment where your learning experience will be joyful.

• Tiago Ameller • Windows Desktop Developer • Graduate

Ironhack has been an unforgettable experience for me and that I would most definitely recommend it to anyone really serious about learning how to code! To take full advantage of Ironhack it is important that students come with a minimum level of coding knowledge so do take the pre-work seriously.

I have been a professional developer for the last 27 years. Now I lead a my own company that develops products mainly for clients in the hospitality sector in the Balearic Islands.

For a long time I have wanted to update my skillset and learn web-based programming languages and knew it would be really hard unless I went on a “spiritual retreat”. Ironhack has certainly exceeded my expectations. Loved the fast pace of the course, my fellow Ironhackers and how much the instructors cared!

• .
    - 5/14/2015
    Gorka Pitarch • Developer • Graduate

I studied photography and audiovisual communications after that. So I worked in different media outlets such as TV channels and photography studios to end up in marketing. I spent a lot of time in front of a computer without finding a motivation until I found out about Ironhack.

Up until that moment, my contact with web programming was limited to small wordpress retouches. I had learned the little I knew though online tutorials. Truthfully, I soon noticed that I was learning fast and that I enjoyed coding a lot therefore I decided to give the bootcamp a try.

During the 8 weeks, Ironhack absorbed every bit of my time. We immersed ourselves in new technologies and methodologies. Since the beginning everyone was really keen on sharing their knowledge with the rest of the group and on helping other out. Teachers and mentors were also of a lot of help, they showed infinite patience and were always available.

2 months don’t seem like a lot of time, however I was astonished of the amount of new things I was able to learn. I found specially useful the mini-projects we got assigned each day and the extra motivation of being selected among the best projects in order to present at the Hackshow.

Ironhack definitely prepares you to jump into the professional developers job market. I am not just saying this. I finish classes on a friday and on the following monday I was already working at Quipu, a startup led by one of our instructors. Currently I am coding in Rails and experimenting with other frameworks such as EmberJS.

If you like web development and you want to make a living out of it and you don’t want to spend at least 4 years going to university and you often get stuck learning by yourself, a bootcamp if definitely the answer. I am 100% satisfied with Ironhack so I can only recommend this great experience to anyone thinking about it.

• Domingo Cividanes • Ruby developer • Graduate

Currently I am a Telecommunications Engineering student at Universidad de Vigo, a degree that covers a wide variety of topics but does not go in depth into web programming, which is what I am really passionate about. For this reason, I decided to take a break from University to enroll at Ironhack. I wanted to take some time to focus on learning what I enjoy the most, and do so while having fun and surrounded by motivated peers.

The curriculum was very well organized, starting off with some basic programming concepts, building up the level of difficulty gradually and covering coding best practices and clean code. Their methodology help you structure complex problems (you end up seeing the hidden woods behind the trees) The whole learning process is led by expert programmers and instructors, practitioners that are currently working with the latest technologies. They taught us what’s most valuable from a professional's perspective.

Everything you learn is enhanced by an exceptional group of international and very motivated buddies. To me it was really important to meet such a group of motivated students with whom I shared a passion for technology and coding in particular.

As if the above mentioned was not enough, Ironhack really goes out it’s way to make sure students have the best educational experience of their lives! I would say that this commitment to their students is what makes Ironhack different. Their help goes well beyond the 8 weeks of in person education. They provide great support making sure you reach the right coding level before you start the bootcamp and then, after the Hackshow, Ironhack staff really makes sure you are ready for the job market. In my case I was able to get a bunch of job interviews through Ironhack and ended up accepting one from a great startup in HAMBURG. That’s right, I am starting an adventure in Germany!

After my experience at Ironhack there is only one question to solve, would I recommend Ironhack to others? The answer is absolutely yes! Whether you have a tech background or you don't, Ironhack is the answer if what you are looking for is to start working in the IT sector.