ironhack-logo

Ironhack

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon, Madrid, Madrid, Mexico City, Miami, Miami, Paris, Sao Paulo

Ironhack

Ironhack offers 9-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time bootcamps in web development, UX/UI design, and data analytics in Miami (Florida), Madrid and Barcelona (Spain), Paris (France) Mexico City (Mexico), Berlin (Germany), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Sao Paulo (Brazil) and Lisbon (Portugal). Ironhack uses a customized approach to education by allowing students to shape their experience based on personal goals. Students who graduate from the Web Development Bootcamp will be skilled in technologies like JavaScript, HTML5 and CSS3. The UX/UI program covers Design Thinking, Photoshop, Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision, and JavaScript. Data Analytics covers data wrangling/cleaning, APIs, web scraping, and intermediate topics in Git, MySQL, Python, Data visualization, Panda, and Machine Learning. And the Data Analytics program allows students to load, clean, explore and extract valuable insights from datasets and cultivate languages scuh as Python, SQL and Tableau.

The admissions process for each program includes an online application, a personal interview, and a technical assessment.

Throughout each Ironhack program, students will get help navigating career development through interview prep, enhancing digital brand presence, and networking opportunities. Students will have a chance to delve into the tech community with Ironhack events, workshops, and Meetups. With more than 1,000 graduates, Ironhack has an extensive global network of alumni and +600 partner companies. Graduates of Ironhack will be well-positioned to find a job as a web developer, UX/UI designer or Data analyst upon graduation as all students have access to career services to prepare them for the job search and facilitating interviews in their city's local tech ecosystem.

Recent Ironhack Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (914) reviews for Ironhack →

Recent Ironhack News

Read all (27) articles about Ironhack →
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Full-time)

LocationMadrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 9 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    DepositYes
    Do you need help with the payment? Visit our Financing page: https://www.ironhack.com/en/financing
    Tuition PlansTuition varies by campus location
    ScholarshipIronhack offers an upfront scholarship of 10% off for any of our Web Development
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module.
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Part-Time)

MySQL, Git, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, SQL, Python
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 24 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time)

HTML, Product Management, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    LocationMiami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon
    This 9 week immersive course is catered to beginners with no previous design or technical experience. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep WorkThe Pre-work is a 40 hours self-guided content that will help you to understand basic UX/UI Design concepts and it will make you design your first works in Sketch and Flinto.
  • UX/UI Design Course (Part-Time)

HTML, Design, Product Management, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    The UX/UI Design Part-time course meets Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with additional online coursework over a period of 6 months. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level when the course begins.
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time)

AngularJS, MongoDB, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    This course enables students to design and build full stack JavaScript web applications. Students will learn the fundamentals of programming, with a big emphasis on battle-tested patterns and best practices. By the end of the course, students will have the ability to evaluate a problem and select the optimal solution using the language/framework best suited for a project’s scope. In addition to technical skills, the course will train students in how to think like a programmer. Students will learn how to deconstruct complex problems and break them into smaller modules. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing. A good programmer has a general understanding of the various programming languages and when to use them. A great programmer understands the fundamental structure and possesses the ability to learn any new language when required.

Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Part-Time)

• wilfred rios  User Photo
    wilfred rios • ux designer/operations overseer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I came from Puerto Rico, working a boring 9 to 5 job as a customer service agent and decided it was time for a change to do something that will make me happy so I moved to miami just to do the very first  ux cohort and after about a month a landed my first internship at a start up company called blongg right in the same building. The staff is very helpful and they push you and motivate you everyday to make sure you are getting the material. You learn valubale design and research skills. Joining ironhack was the best decision i made!! And completely changed my life and i am forever grateful!!

• Alvaro Jossue Castillo  User Photo
    Alvaro Jossue Castillo • Jr. Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

It was December 4, 2015, when I heard the bad news: the public relations agency where I was working at suddenly went into bankruptcy and hundreds of people, including me, were laid off. Yes, this kind of things happens very often and when people lose their jobs they simply look for a different one. However, my situation was a little different as working at this company had been my dream.

So, here I was on January 2016 looking for a “new dream”, one that could not be torn apart so easily and big enough to keep me motivated. I wanted to take this setback in my professional career and turn it into an opportunity to grow. I have always enjoyed solving problems as well as trying to understand how the technologies that have marked our lives nowadays work. It was at this moment that I realized that I could make an interesting mix with these two ingredients by learning how to code.

I started looking online for possible ways to get into coding and that’s how I found out about Ironhack. I read excellent reviews about their programs, instructors, staff members and facilities, which motivated me to visit their campus in Miami. I was welcomed by Alia (Admissions), who kindly explained me everything about their coding school. At some point, after being amazed by her charisma, I even thought that Ironhack was too good to be trueWas it possible to learn how to code and launch a web application after only 8 weeks? Were their graduates really landing cool jobs with competitive salaries in the tech industry? I honestly was skeptic about it.

That day I also met Ariel (Co-Founder), who shared with me his vision and explained how he, coming from a family of educators, wanted to change the world of education. It was something that I had never heard before.

My visit continued with a tour around the facility and then I spent a few minutes talking to some of the students. It caught my attention that there were many students from different backgrounds and even different countries, including India! Why would someone from the other side of the world come to Ironhack to learn how to code? Maybe the reviews were true, maybe they knew what they were doing.

And that’s when something inside me said that I should give this a try. I was already aware that as part of the admission process first I needed to do a general interview and then a technical interview. Of course, I spoke with Alia for more than an hour, enough to come to the conclusion that my personality was “ideal to handle the intensity of the bootcamp”. That only left me with the technical interview before I could be considered for a seat in the March 2016 cohort. We scheduled my technical interview with Nizar (Head Instructor) for the following week and then I left Ironhack with the feeling that I had done the right thing.

Alia had sent me an e-mail with the material that was going to be covered during my technical interview. During that week, I spent at least 6 hours a day going over the JavaScript concepts and exercises. I must say that this was the first moment that I felt overwhelmed about programming. There were some concepts hard to understand and some exercises that I didn’t even know how to initially approach. And then the day of my technical interview finally came and I felt that I wasn’t ready. I was parked outside the school, debating if I should really do it or not“What if I suck?”, “I don’t want to embarrass myself”, “Maybe I should just go home”Unbelievable, what was I thinking and since when I was so weak? I was about to give up on this without even trying. No, no, no, I took a deep breath and walked in to finish what I had started.

Nizar, who by the way is very fluent in English and Spanish, explained me the format of the technical interview: I had to solve a coding challenge with 5 iterations and I was allowed to use my notes, but there was a time cap (I don’t remember if it was 15 or 30 minutes). While I was working on the challenge, I realized that I knew more than what I thought. I was able to finish the first 4 iterations before I ran out of time. Yes, it was challenging, but it wasn’t that bad. Nizar reviewed my solution and gave me good feedback. I could felt right away that he had the vocation of teaching.

A few days later, I got an e-mail from Ironhack, where they said that they had reviewed my application and decided to accept me for their next cohort. Wooohooo!!! That was a small victory after being so close of simply rejecting this opportunity. Once accepted, I paid the tuition, got access to their online student platform and was sent the pre-work material. The pre-work is a module composed of four parts that covers the basics of Ruby, JavaScript, HTML and CSS. As expected, in many occasions I found myself stuck with some of the exercises, but Ironhack was always available to do Google hangouts to go over my questions. This is when I met Josh (Teaching Assistant), who I knew was part of the first cohort in Miami and was now teaching others how to code. Josh, like Nizar, showed me his commitment as an educator.

I finished the pre-work during Week 0 and then we kicked off the bootcamp with Week 1. I truly loved the layout of the program and most importantly I always felt that I was surrounded by great and smart people, always willing to help me and with such an incredible amount of patience, including my classmates. Learning how to code is not easy, but when you are in an environment like this one, it makes the process very enjoyable.

By Week 2, we weren’t a group of strangers anymore, we were more like a family immersed in this new cool world. When we were not coding, we were talking about coding and in some cases listening even more about coding from other experts as every week Ironhack brought in speakers (senior developers, CTOs and CEOs) to give us insightful information about the tech scene in Miami.

Our regular schedule was from 9 am to 6 pm, but I don’t remember spending less than 10 hours at Ironhack every day. I didn’t know I was going to love coding this much. At the beginning, I was skeptic about what Ironhack was capable of doing, and now I was experimenting it. In 8 weeks, I learned how to code and I also built my first web application, but most importantly, I learned how to learn. Being a developer means that you will never stop learning and Ironhack gave me the tools to keep doing this on my own.

We concluded our cohort with a Hackshow, where everyone presented their web applications in front of 180+ people. This was a great way to celebrate our efforts and achievements, and a perfect opportunity to network as in a few days we were going to be in the job market as Jr. Developers.

And when it comes to job market, Ironhack has another killer player: Daniel Brito (Placements Manager), who is not Romero Britto’s cousin but still does cool things. Daniel helped us with our resumes and online presence, he prepared us for our future interviews and introduced us to many employers. Some of my classmates got job offers right away, and some others, like me, took a little longer. Daniel always kept me accountable and motivated to never give up. His phone was available 24/7, I called him several times late at night and even weekends looking for feedback and he always picked up the phone. You can surely tell that he loves his job, which is helping others in their quest of success.

I now have a job where I use technology to solve problems, where I’m constantly learning, and which has allowed me to improve my quality of life.

Ironhack is not only a bootcamp, it’s a life-changing experience and a family that will always be there for you. It was through Ironhack that I discovered this passion and set a new dream for my professional career.

I will never forget that deep breath I took before my technical interview.

• Javier • video maker • Student
    I am happy to confirm only after 5 weeks that Ironhack's method, as intense and brain wrecking as it is, is still the best approach to learning web programming there is.

It is incredibly more effective and substantially better than any other approach I tried before (books, youtube self-learning, online courses, university programs, etc) to learn web development. One key factor is the amazing team of teachers that provide you with live assistance on the spot, right away.

My only pain point has so far been: the learning materials on the student platform (the ones we use to do the lab exercises)  have quite a few grammar and spelling mistakes, most probably because they were not written by a native English speaker. Nothing major that will stop you from understanding, is just a tad annoying.

It is important for anyone interested in this or any other bootcamp to understand that doing the course is just the tip of a huge iceberg and is in no way a magic wand that will make you an amazing developer right after graduation, but it nevertheless takes you such a long long way, which is otherwise almost impossible to achieve in such a short time and in such an effective way.

For anyone willing to really learn (once and for all) something so abstract and complex as Full Stack Web Development,  especially if you have tried and failed before, this program is 100% worth it. From there you can continue the perhaps infinite loop process of becoming a better developer.
  • Web Dev
    - 6/19/2020
    Johnny B • Graduate
    I had an amazing experience at Ironhack. I finished the full-time web dev course in March 2020 in Berlin. The staff was amazing and I learned far more than I thought I would going into the program. I was a little nervous about my lack of experience as I had absolutely no coding background (I had never written one line of code prior to the course pre-work). I did not feel like I was left behind at all. My teacher and TA's were super helpful and really made sure everyone understood the course material. That said, you really have to do your part. If you put in the time to really understand the logic behind the code, you will be surprised how much you can learn in such a short time. I would recommend Ironhack to anyone looking to learn how to code.
  • Neha Khachhibhoya • Graduate
    I am utterly amazed by how much we can learn in 9 weeks. The curriculum is so eloquently designed that the people with no prior programming knowledge can become a full-stack web developer in 9 weeks.

Ironhack has some of the most talented and experienced teachers and very knowledgable TAs. They answered each question no matter how trivial they were. I am so grateful for our lead teacher and the TAs for their support, who were willing to work extra hours to guide us on every step and explain the difficult topics. Also, I respect their patience while working with our projects and whenever we were stuck in some nasty bug.

Ironhack has the most thoughtful curriculum, with plenty of exercises and assignments. We were also introduced to pair programming which helped us to collaborate with others and become familiar with version control. Even though the Bootcamp can be really rigorous and challenging, the teacher and the TAs always found a way to make it interesting.

Ironhack, in general, is a really supportive community. After we are done with the Bootcamp, they also teach us how to tackle an interview and provide all the resources needed to land a job. They also organize hiring fairs where companies participate to hire graduates. In addition to that, they also organize programs where external professionals come to give a talk about certain topics. They are also generous to give scholarships to the students. In my case, they were generous enough to provide me with the full scholarship and all the other expenses. Hence, I am eternally grateful to Ironhack.

Having said that it is indeed very intensive and challenging Bootcamp but the end result and how much you have learned will be well worth it.
  • Rebecca • Junior UI Designer • Graduate
    Here I found the support, push and inspiration I needed to change my career entirely & am now living my dream. I’m forever thankful and proud to be an Ironhack alumni.
  • My best decision.
    - 4/28/2020
    André • Web Developer • Graduate
    I can say that joining Ironhack will be one of the most impactful and important decisions of my life.
    The pace is fast, but that's what you want when you're tackling a career change. It has to be fast, intense and with relevant information.

Since I left the bootcamp I feel like I have super powers. Nothing is out of reach from me. THe team is amazing and the environment in class is outstanding
  • Rony • Graduate
    Joining Ironhack was the best decision for me as part of a career change I was doing (I came from a non-related field). Not only that I met great and supportive people (students and instructors) but I also got the set of skills and mindset I needed in order to enter this field and make my career change. The course was challenging and I learned a lot but at the same time so much fun.
  • Jacqueline • Product Design Manager • Student
    I couldn't be happier that I made the decision to enroll in the full-time web development program at Ironhack Berlin. I've worked in product design for about 8 years now, and it became more and more apparent how important it is to be technically adept to better collaborate with our engineers. I also wanted to have the freedom and competency to build my own ideas into tangible products! In these 9 weeks, we learned an up-to-date tech stack that enabled me to build my own products immediately and independently after graduation. I've tried learning coding via online courses such as Coursera, Udemy and Codecademy, but it really doesn't come close to an in-person, immersive course. The atmosphere at Ironhack also added to the experience - we had a super smart, patient and very well-structured teacher and our classmates were always so supportive of one another. All in all, a great experience and worth every penny.
  • June • Graduate
    I’m more than satisfied with my Ironhack experience. The quality of the lessons and projects is really good and they make a lot of effort for you to have not only the knowledge but a nice portfolio ready for the job search.
  • Pierre • Software developer • Student
    I did the web dev bootcamp at Ironhack Berlin in June 2019. It was definitely the best decision I've made for my career. I came from a totally different background and Ironhack prepared me very well for my current software developer position. I also met truly amazing people there and I am really proud to be a Ironhacker.