ironhack-logo

Ironhack

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon, Madrid, Madrid, Mexico City, Miami, Miami, Paris, Sao Paulo

Ironhack

Ironhack offers 9-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time bootcamps in web development, UX/UI design, and data analytics in Miami (Florida), Madrid and Barcelona (Spain), Paris (France) Mexico City (Mexico), Berlin (Germany), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Sao Paulo (Brazil) and Lisbon (Portugal). Ironhack uses a customized approach to education by allowing students to shape their experience based on personal goals. Students who graduate from the Web Development Bootcamp will be skilled in technologies like JavaScript, HTML5 and CSS3. The UX/UI program covers Design Thinking, Photoshop, Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision, and JavaScript. Data Analytics covers data wrangling/cleaning, APIs, web scraping, and intermediate topics in Git, MySQL, Python, Data visualization, Panda, and Machine Learning. And the Data Analytics program allows students to load, clean, explore and extract valuable insights from datasets and cultivate languages scuh as Python, SQL and Tableau.

The admissions process for each program includes an online application, a personal interview, and a technical assessment.

Throughout each Ironhack program, students will get help navigating career development through interview prep, enhancing digital brand presence, and networking opportunities. Students will have a chance to delve into the tech community with Ironhack events, workshops, and Meetups. With more than 1,000 graduates, Ironhack has an extensive global network of alumni and +600 partner companies. Graduates of Ironhack will be well-positioned to find a job as a web developer, UX/UI designer or Data analyst upon graduation as all students have access to career services to prepare them for the job search and facilitating interviews in their city's local tech ecosystem.

Recent Ironhack Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (914) reviews for Ironhack →

Recent Ironhack News

Read all (27) articles about Ironhack →
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Full-time)

LocationMadrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 9 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    DepositYes
    Do you need help with the payment? Visit our Financing page: https://www.ironhack.com/en/financing
    Tuition PlansTuition varies by campus location
    ScholarshipIronhack offers an upfront scholarship of 10% off for any of our Web Development
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module.
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Part-Time)

MySQL, Git, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, SQL, Python
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 24 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time)

HTML, Product Management, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    LocationMiami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon
    This 9 week immersive course is catered to beginners with no previous design or technical experience. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep WorkThe Pre-work is a 40 hours self-guided content that will help you to understand basic UX/UI Design concepts and it will make you design your first works in Sketch and Flinto.
  • UX/UI Design Course (Part-Time)

HTML, Design, Product Management, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    The UX/UI Design Part-time course meets Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with additional online coursework over a period of 6 months. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level when the course begins.
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time)

AngularJS, MongoDB, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    This course enables students to design and build full stack JavaScript web applications. Students will learn the fundamentals of programming, with a big emphasis on battle-tested patterns and best practices. By the end of the course, students will have the ability to evaluate a problem and select the optimal solution using the language/framework best suited for a project’s scope. In addition to technical skills, the course will train students in how to think like a programmer. Students will learn how to deconstruct complex problems and break them into smaller modules. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing. A good programmer has a general understanding of the various programming languages and when to use them. A great programmer understands the fundamental structure and possesses the ability to learn any new language when required.

Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Part-Time)

• isabel  User Photo
    isabel • Student Verified via LinkedIn
    Antes de Ironhack estaba en la universidad estudiando Arquitectura. De hecho, durante el Boot Camp estaba empezando mi proyecto final de carrera, compaginé las dos cosas. Me apunté al curso porque quería reinventar mi carrera profesional y pensé que era un buen momento, ya que estaba acabando la carrera,  para formarme en algo nuevo.
    Fue mucho mejor de lo que me esperaba. No sabía muy bien lo que iba a encontrar allí y resultó una experiencia genial. Amigos, buenos profesores, trabajo duro, mucha ayuda por parte del equipo… Es muy completa porque no sólo vas a clase y ya está, sino que hay muchas más actividades como conferencias, comidas, trabajos en grupo o cervezas.
    He aprendido muchas cosas sobre UX, sobre diseño y sobre todo lo que se imparte en las clases, pero también he aprendido mucho de mis compañeros. Éramos un grupo muy heterogéneo (con background muy distintos y edades variadas) y cada uno tenía cosas chulísimas para aportar a los demás, nos complementamos muy bien y los trabajos en grupo salían siempre enriquecidos por ello.
    Mi caso es algo distinto a los demás porque tenía que acabar el proyecto fin de carrera al terminar el Boot Camp y no me podía incorporar al mundo laboral directamente. Aunque así mismo se me ofreció la oportunidad de acompañar a los alumnos de la siguiente edición como Teacher Assistant, así pude seguir vinculada al mundo UX y aprender aún un poquito más.
  • Andrew Ettinger  User Photo
    Andrew Ettinger • Product Marketing, Twitter • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I completed Ironhack's web dev bootcamp in June 2015. That summer effectively changed the course of professional life. Immediately after completing Ironhack, I went back to school to get my Master's in International Business and landed a role at Product Hunt. I can say, with confidence, I would not have gotten that without Ironhack. I wrote about how I got there in this post.

I learned so much at Product Hunt, where I spent nearly 1.5 years (part- and full-time), before leaving to join Twitter. Though, I'm in a non-technical role, the competency gained at Ironhack set me up to succeed in all alreas of tech.

Follow me on Twitter :)
    @andrewett

• Miguel Angel  User Photo
    Miguel Angel • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Before IH I was looking for a programmer job, but I was unmotivated and my skills were not very good, so unsuccessfully.

The experience was incredible, I learned a lot and I made very good friends and contacts.

I have learned a lot about good programming practices, perseverance and effort.

Since I finished, I'm working as developer. not even a week for rest xD. And I get offers every day on Linkedin. IH has helped me a lot for this.
  • Luis Nagel  User Photo
    Luis Nagel • UX / UI Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I did the UX/UI bootcamp at Ironhack and I just want to express some words about two of the most-intensive months in my life. It was something I really enjoyed and I would recommend it 100%.

Few months ago I was lucky to talk with some of the last edition's students before I started my bootcamp and they told me: “Say goodbye to your friends and family because you are not going to see them in two months” and also “The more you get involved, the more benefit you will get”. Well... after the bootcamp I can say that it was totally true and that it exceeded my expectations, mainly because I could not believe it would be so easy to find a job. It definitely was.

It can be said that Ironhack is not just a matter of studying but also working hard and being involved in a "Learn by Doing Community". You work hard developing projects during the bootcamp, alone and with your mates. It is not studying theory, it is learning from the best professionals sharing their experience and from every mistake you do.

The "Community issue" is one of my favourites: when you learn and work with other people, as you help each other, you see everyone gets to different solutions starting at the same point. You realise that the team grows ten times faster than you would learn online or in other courses. And also we got involved in the professional community: that helped us a lot to find jobs after the Bootcamp. Everybody says "College do not prepare people to work and you need to start in a job to really learn". Well, we had that first working experience really fast at Ironhack (that is the reason it is so tough) so I started working with more confidence about what I was able to do.

• Miguel  User Photo
    Miguel • Software Developer at Rankkin • Graduate Verified via GitHub

A couple months ago I did the first full-on Javascript WebDev Bootcamp at Ironhack Barcelona, now I have a full time job in development and a part-time job as a TA at the same campus I studied in.

I am a mucisian from career and spended the last 5 years of my life studying that, my prospects where complicated and promised loads of work for little to no pay and no stability.

Then I decided to go for coding, to have a change in direction. I went for a bit of code online, to see what was it all about and for about 6 months I did a bit of selfteaching over the internet. Then I knew Ironhack from some friends, and I decided to take it seriously.

It was one of the best decisions of my life. I have discovered a true passion in code, those two months where intense and irreplazable, awesome classmates and incredible teachers. I learned more in two weeks than I had learn in 6 months of self teaching over the internet.

I would recomend it to everyone who likes, loves or is interested in code. A truly worth it expirience with really good carrer expectations.

• Ike Okonkwo  User Photo
    Ike Okonkwo • Student • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The Ironhack Webdev bootcamp is a gamechanger. The course foucses on a range of tools that set you up to jump into the developing world and work on real projects as a Junior Web developer. I was able to build iterations of personal projects and intern at a health tech company a few months after the course.  The program goes by quickly, you'll find yourself working in groups each day, culminating in a final project. By the end you will feel competent in RoR/ JS/ Html-CSS and ready for interviews. The head instructor Nizar and Nick the TA will work with you unitl you get the concepts and can fly solo, so you will leave the course feeling like you have gained tangible skills.

More than the coding skills, the personalized career support is what sets them apart. Ironhack's placement manager, Brito, is part life-coach part wizzard and knows the HR game in and out. Having the continued resources to find jobs and interview hacks increases Ironhack's value to a large extent.

• Marc  Coulange  User Photo
    Marc Coulange • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

My time at Ironhack was amazing. The curriculum was Ruby / Ruby on Rails, html, css and Javascript. I didn’t have any previous experience in coding and I can say i’m very confident in the skills I have acquired during my time there. I had no idea i was going to learn this much in such a short amount of time. Don’t get me wrong it isn't easy but with focus and hard work it is definitely achievable. The staff is very helpful and always makes sure you’re in the best position to succeed. I could not think of a better instructor than Nizar, he always presented the material in a way to keep our attentions (Being seated in a classroom all day isn’t easy) and was able to explain complex info in a way that everyone could understand. Nick, the T.A, was beyond awesome. He’s patient with the students and makes sure we’re able to apply the concepts we learned in the morning. There was a lot of opportunities right out of the gate once we graduated and for that I have Thank Brito. As far as Job placements no one has your back like Brito does, he work tirelessly to build the relationships the Ironhack students will need after graduation. Essentially it comes down to making the most out of this experience and soaking up as much value out of it as possible.

After I graduated in December, I decided to move to Los Angeles and founded a startup focused on HealthTech. The platform we’re building wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for me getting this jumpstart at Ironhack and I am very grateful for the staff and lifetime friends I’ve made there.

• Melanie Blazevic  User Photo
    Melanie Blazevic • Digital Designer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

During my time at Ironhack, I learned source control, and the principles of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Ruby and databases. Daily exercises require students to practice different methods and concepts to understand how all components come together to create web applications. Through this experience I gained an array of skills necessary to work with software developers. Subsequently, my career transitioned from graphic design to user experience and user interface design. Ironhack is a great opportunity to meet industry professionals, entrepreneurs and developers!

• Postive Experience
    - 5/25/2017
    Devorah  User Photo
    Devorah • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Overall I really enjoyed my time at Ironhack. The instructors and TAs were very helpful. I didn't find the curriculum too challenging but I have some experience coding. Still, I did learn a lot about how web development works. I loved working on the final project and having a whole web app that I built myself and understood inside and out.

The facility is really great. It's wondeful to be a part of Building Co. You get to meet other people in the tech scene and really feel like a community. Plus the roof is a great place to bond with your team while playing cornhole.

I must admit I'm a little jealous that I missed out on the new MEAN stack curriculum, but Ruby On Rails has proved helpful in my current job. As far as career assistance goes, I didn't get a job offer (or at least one that I wanted to accept) as soon as I would have liked, but I did eventually accept a job that I was excited about and I do think that Ironhack helped me make the connection. The interviews that they set up were great practice and lead to some oppurtunites. I love being part of the Ironhack community. Even though I've been a grad for a while now it's nice to have someone to talk to about career development and the Miami tech scene.

• Ana Buitrago  User Photo
    Ana Buitrago • Student Verified via Linkedin

Ironhack seemed very interesting to me and it definitely was. It made me look at design in a whole different way. I learned how to create a project from the very beginning to the end, always thinking about the user it is aimed for. I learned to use new tools and got the needed knowledge for understanding UX/UI design and what goes beyond from it. The course requires a big effort, it can be a little intense, but the philosophy of "learning by doing" made it not boring at all. It made me realize I not only know the information, but that now I actually know how to apply it. It was a really enriching experience!

• Guillermo Simon  User Photo
    Guillermo Simon • Lead UX/UI • Graduate Verified via Linkedin

My name is Guillermo, but from an early age everyone knows me as Simon, my surname. Before entering ironhack I studied the degree of multimedia and graphic design, which I believed would open many doors to the professional world, but it was not so. From that moment I started to look at sites and courses to specialize in something, then I discovered ironhack since they offered a scholarship to make the UX / UI design bootcamp. The fact is that I tried my luck with the Madrid scholarship (there was another for Barcelona) and I won it. At that time I did not know very well what that was, so I researched a bit on the internet, went to a couple of talks and finally I decided to take the course.

The bootcamp in ironhack lasted two months, two of the most intense and stressful months of my life, but I say this with a smile from ear to ear since I do not regret anything. I take a lot of ironhack, all that we learned, the professionals who have shared with us their wisdom, experience and tricks, the colleagues and friends that I have met and with whom I have shared this trip ...

What I most liked and impressed me at the same time is all I have learned. In two months of bootcamp I have learned more than in 4 years of design career. If it is true that I have known new fields of study, because the UX was new to me, but right now I do not say that I am a graphic designer, I say that I am a UX / UI designer.

When I finished the bootcamp I saw how fleeting it had been, I remembered every afternoon that I stayed in ironhack until 10 pm when there was nobody in the facility, all the exercises and the walls full of post-its, the classes teached by people that was was their daily bread form them... and I only had to look forward and trust that I would find work. And so, just one week after finishing the bootcamp already had two job offers.

Since I finished the bootcamp I have not stopped researching, reading, searching, experimenting... they have awakened on me a curiosity for all this world that does not stop growing. And I know that I have a family in Ironhack.

Simon.

• Great Value
    - 5/24/2017
    Wilfred Ruck  User Photo
    Wilfred Ruck • Contract Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

My time at Ironhack was like none other. I was in college for a couple of years majoring in Computer Science, but didn't get the connection and support I needed. Coming into Ironhack, I was scared that I would be behind everyone and fall behind like in college. Eventually I learned that I wasn't the only person who felt that way and things got less intimidating. As the weeks go by, you form a family with your peers and instructors that help you grit it out and come out a well developed web developer.

At the end of the day, this is a huge jump to make, especially if you're coming from another state like I did. But if you come with the right attitude, commit to getting better every week, and use all the amentities that Ironhack offers you, you'll get everything you need to graduate and find opportunities within the field. I currently am doing contract web development work with Samsung.