ironhack-logo

Ironhack

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon, Madrid, Madrid, Mexico City, Miami, Miami, Paris, Sao Paulo

Ironhack

Ironhack offers 9-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time bootcamps in web development, UX/UI design, and data analytics in Miami (Florida), Madrid and Barcelona (Spain), Paris (France) Mexico City (Mexico), Berlin (Germany), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Sao Paulo (Brazil) and Lisbon (Portugal). Ironhack uses a customized approach to education by allowing students to shape their experience based on personal goals. Students who graduate from the Web Development Bootcamp will be skilled in technologies like JavaScript, HTML5 and CSS3. The UX/UI program covers Design Thinking, Photoshop, Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision, and JavaScript. Data Analytics covers data wrangling/cleaning, APIs, web scraping, and intermediate topics in Git, MySQL, Python, Data visualization, Panda, and Machine Learning. And the Data Analytics program allows students to load, clean, explore and extract valuable insights from datasets and cultivate languages scuh as Python, SQL and Tableau.

The admissions process for each program includes an online application, a personal interview, and a technical assessment.

Throughout each Ironhack program, students will get help navigating career development through interview prep, enhancing digital brand presence, and networking opportunities. Students will have a chance to delve into the tech community with Ironhack events, workshops, and Meetups. With more than 1,000 graduates, Ironhack has an extensive global network of alumni and +600 partner companies. Graduates of Ironhack will be well-positioned to find a job as a web developer, UX/UI designer or Data analyst upon graduation as all students have access to career services to prepare them for the job search and facilitating interviews in their city's local tech ecosystem.

Recent Ironhack Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (906) reviews for Ironhack →

Recent Ironhack News

Read all (27) articles about Ironhack →
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Full-time)

LocationMadrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 9 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    DepositYes
    Do you need help with the payment? Visit our Financing page: https://www.ironhack.com/en/financing
    Tuition PlansTuition varies by campus location
    ScholarshipIronhack offers an upfront scholarship of 10% off for any of our Web Development
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module.
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Part-Time)

MySQL, Git, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, SQL, Python
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 24 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time)

HTML, Product Management, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    LocationMiami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon
    This 9 week immersive course is catered to beginners with no previous design or technical experience. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep WorkThe Pre-work is a 40 hours self-guided content that will help you to understand basic UX/UI Design concepts and it will make you design your first works in Sketch and Flinto.
  • UX/UI Design Course (Part-Time)

HTML, Design, Product Management, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    The UX/UI Design Part-time course meets Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with additional online coursework over a period of 6 months. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level when the course begins.
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time)

AngularJS, MongoDB, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    This course enables students to design and build full stack JavaScript web applications. Students will learn the fundamentals of programming, with a big emphasis on battle-tested patterns and best practices. By the end of the course, students will have the ability to evaluate a problem and select the optimal solution using the language/framework best suited for a project’s scope. In addition to technical skills, the course will train students in how to think like a programmer. Students will learn how to deconstruct complex problems and break them into smaller modules. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing. A good programmer has a general understanding of the various programming languages and when to use them. A great programmer understands the fundamental structure and possesses the ability to learn any new language when required.

Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Part-Time)

• Rafael Coomonte  User Photo
    Rafael Coomonte • COO at Tender.co • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

While it was not my career first choice, just before joining Ironhack community I was working in the consulting business, for more details, in a sector that has nothing to do with my field of expertise, technology, and telecommunications.

I was a little worried about how would I be able to take up all the new knowledge I was going to learn the next 8 weeks, but the experience with all the group of people ended up being awesome. I remember my first developers meetup, some of the students of the cohort went to a Ruby meetup, when we got out of the place we all thought we have not understood a thing on the subject of the meetup but anyway I was more than happy to have such a motivating experience and all thanks to the desire for learning more and more about this new world I had just entered. That is without any doubt the thing I value the most: the growing desire of continuously learning with the help of the people that form the development community.

Currently, I work at a startup, Tender.co (www.tender.co). I am more involved in the day to day operations, customers, business development and so on, and not programming too much, but in any case, I am capable of understanding how the web and app development of our platform works. Besides I am always looking for new projects and thinking about the way to develop them. For me, it is very encouraging to know what are the tools needed to face a tech problem and try to solve it with your bare hands and a keyboard.

• Amazing
    - 6/6/2017
    Ángel Villalba Fdez-Paniagua  User Photo
    Ángel Villalba Fdez-Paniagua • IT Trainer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Before joining Ironhack, I was doing a degree in Computer Science, which I finished just one week before starting the bootcamp.

It was a really good experience. I joined to Ironhack to improve my coding skills and learn the technologies that companies are using currently. They did a very good job in teaching that. Now, I'm able to code web applications following good practices. Specially, the bootcamp helped me to consolidate knowledge that the university teaches in a theoretical way. For me the best was the way they teach, we learnt by doing, and all the people I met.

Currently I'm working as an IT Trainer at Pronoide. Ironhack has really helped me, now I can learn any technology by my self, and that is something I specially need for my current job, because I have to be constantly learning new technologies.

• Nacho Guitard  User Photo
    Nacho Guitard • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    Before going to IronHack I was (and I still am, though) a law and business student. I decided to go into that journey because I wanted to do something different to all my peers.

It was an increidible experience. It is a different way of teaching; not the classic lectures that we have at the university, the teaching methods is constantly challenging and 100% practice.

I have learned lot of things during the course. Obviously about the web apps; How it works on the surface and the process behind them. The ability to connect them (front and end). Something I think was a key thing in my course was js; I consider that all the future coding needs a top JavaScript.

Right now I am on my last year of Law and Business Degree, and currently doing and internship at a consultancy firm. I value what I had learned in a similar way I value Law in the work I am currently doing: lot of people come from a business degree or engineering degree; when we face something legal, they are not comfortable working with that. In my case, having the law degree enables me to answer those questions easier and faster. The same happens with coding, few people know how complex a website is until you explain them.
  • Susane  User Photo
    Susane • UX/UI Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

My experience with Ironhack started with the right foot. I first met Alia for my interview, and she could answer all my questions. She was also very nice, encouraging, and positive, which helped me make my final decision to join Ironhack. It was one of the best professional decisions I've made.
    My UX/UI course was a great experience! The best part was the people I met during these 2 months. The instructors were great at sharing their real world experience and expertise. Our TA, Eugy Alliegro, did an excellent job providing us constant feedback and extra material. I definitely learned A LOT from her.
    I recommend this bootcamp to anyone that is looking to both change careers and join the tech community.

• Chris  User Photo
    Chris • UX / UI & Front End Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Coming from an English teacher's background and without experience nor studies in design, this bootcamp has given me a solid foundation to meet the challenges of the UX/ UI field of today.  But as all of us Ironhackers know, the learning has just begun and we'll never stop exploring and growing.  It's nice to say the friendships formed with the teachers and alumni still continue to be a part of my life today. To have that support and ongoing relationship is key to our development as people and designers alike.

*WARNING: This course is not for the faint hearted or procrastinators haha.  After all it is a Bootcamp.  You must be willing to put in 60-80hrs a week if you want to really benefit from it.  Just like learning a new language doesn't suffice in just taking classes but living out the culture in the native country, so one must really interiorize  the UX / UI methods & practices (24/7).  And don't fret, the Ironhack community will become a great family for you during this time.

And we get full career support from Ironhack at any future hiring weeks?  What?  Amazing.

• Chenje Katanda  User Photo
    Chenje Katanda • Service Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

This has to be one of the best investments I ever made in self-improvement. Nizar, the head instructor was very supportive in the learning process and explained complex concepts in a very beginner friendly way. I went in with very limited knowlegde in Ruby on Rails and came out feeling confident in my programming ability as well as my ability to continue learning and growing by myself after the bootcamp.

Job search support was impressive, I didn't need it in the first place as I wasn't looking for a job. I however found myself needing it some months after the bootcamp and sure enough all I had to do was reach out and Brito was forthcoming with valuable information and resources that I wouldn't have otherwise found anywhere else.

• Anthony Bruscantini  User Photo
    Anthony Bruscantini • JavaScript Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    Before Ironhack I studied Electrical & Computer Engineering @ Florida International University. I worked on embedded systems and mobile device Operating Systems at BlackBerry for 2 years. After leaving BlackBerry, I wanted to get into Web Development. I'd never worked on web projects, but had always been interested. After not having any luck finding work, I decided to enroll in Ironhackers web development course in Madrid (I'm from Miami).

Ironhack and it's bootcamp were everything I expected! It was intense - 10+ hours a day coding. I had the opportunity to learn and work with really cool people who I continue to keep in contact with even though they're on the other side of the world!

I learned how to build a web app from the ground up. Among various frameworks, we focused on HTML, CSS, and JavaScript - the essentials of web development. The course gave me the opportunity to work on 3 different projects which I was able to put on my resume to show what I've actually done! I can't stress enough how important this is when it comes time for job interviews - more so than experience.

I now work as a JavaScript Engineer at GumGum, a computer vision and advertising tech startup headquartered in Santa Monica, California. I can honestly say, I would never be where I am if it weren't for my experiences at Ironhack. I have much to learn, but I'm thankful to Ironhack and all my peers for giving me the building blocks needed to succeed as a web developer in today's rapidly changing tech environment.
  • Francisco Antonio Fernández  User Photo
    Francisco Antonio Fernández • Java Full-Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Before IronHack I was a sound engineer working in a cinema as a technician. When the crisis hit, I traveled to London to work and attend a Top Up Degree in sound technics. A lecturer introduced me to programming, and it was love at first sight. I decided at that moment to become an app developer, so I returned to Spain to make it happen.

Ironhack was such an amazing experience. In my opinion, when you learn how to write code you are learning valuable skills to develop software, but you are also unlocking your brain's potential and developing ways of thinking alternatively. It's not easy to learn to program, but it's 100% worth it. IronHack is the key to unlocking your full potential in no time. In record time their program can boost your career, and I enjoyed it a lot.

I think that the most valuable knowledge that you learn with Ironhack is how the software industry works.They taught me how to break an idea into smaller pieces and translate it into code. It's not only learning a programming language, it's improving analytical skills that help me to understand almost any language, framework, or tool in a brief period of time.

The best part was having the chance to share a couple of months with people who love coding.

Just one week after Ironhack, I found my first job as a developer. Now I work in the banking industry handling massive payments as a full-stack developer with Java. In addition, I use other technologies such as Scala, Vanilla JS/JS Frameworks, PL/SQL, and Bash scripting on a daily basis.

Learning how to write code has changed my life. It opened the doors for a brighter future in only a year and made me feel more confident. I receive more than 6-7 calls per week offering me a job, and that's amazing if we take into account how the job market is nowadays.

• isabel  User Photo
    isabel • Student Verified via LinkedIn
    Antes de Ironhack estaba en la universidad estudiando Arquitectura. De hecho, durante el Boot Camp estaba empezando mi proyecto final de carrera, compaginé las dos cosas. Me apunté al curso porque quería reinventar mi carrera profesional y pensé que era un buen momento, ya que estaba acabando la carrera,  para formarme en algo nuevo.
    Fue mucho mejor de lo que me esperaba. No sabía muy bien lo que iba a encontrar allí y resultó una experiencia genial. Amigos, buenos profesores, trabajo duro, mucha ayuda por parte del equipo… Es muy completa porque no sólo vas a clase y ya está, sino que hay muchas más actividades como conferencias, comidas, trabajos en grupo o cervezas.
    He aprendido muchas cosas sobre UX, sobre diseño y sobre todo lo que se imparte en las clases, pero también he aprendido mucho de mis compañeros. Éramos un grupo muy heterogéneo (con background muy distintos y edades variadas) y cada uno tenía cosas chulísimas para aportar a los demás, nos complementamos muy bien y los trabajos en grupo salían siempre enriquecidos por ello.
    Mi caso es algo distinto a los demás porque tenía que acabar el proyecto fin de carrera al terminar el Boot Camp y no me podía incorporar al mundo laboral directamente. Aunque así mismo se me ofreció la oportunidad de acompañar a los alumnos de la siguiente edición como Teacher Assistant, así pude seguir vinculada al mundo UX y aprender aún un poquito más.
  • Andrew Ettinger  User Photo
    Andrew Ettinger • Product Marketing, Twitter • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I completed Ironhack's web dev bootcamp in June 2015. That summer effectively changed the course of professional life. Immediately after completing Ironhack, I went back to school to get my Master's in International Business and landed a role at Product Hunt. I can say, with confidence, I would not have gotten that without Ironhack. I wrote about how I got there in this post.

I learned so much at Product Hunt, where I spent nearly 1.5 years (part- and full-time), before leaving to join Twitter. Though, I'm in a non-technical role, the competency gained at Ironhack set me up to succeed in all alreas of tech.

Follow me on Twitter :)
    @andrewett

• Miguel Angel  User Photo
    Miguel Angel • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Before IH I was looking for a programmer job, but I was unmotivated and my skills were not very good, so unsuccessfully.

The experience was incredible, I learned a lot and I made very good friends and contacts.

I have learned a lot about good programming practices, perseverance and effort.

Since I finished, I'm working as developer. not even a week for rest xD. And I get offers every day on Linkedin. IH has helped me a lot for this.
  • Luis Nagel  User Photo
    Luis Nagel • UX / UI Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I did the UX/UI bootcamp at Ironhack and I just want to express some words about two of the most-intensive months in my life. It was something I really enjoyed and I would recommend it 100%.

Few months ago I was lucky to talk with some of the last edition's students before I started my bootcamp and they told me: “Say goodbye to your friends and family because you are not going to see them in two months” and also “The more you get involved, the more benefit you will get”. Well... after the bootcamp I can say that it was totally true and that it exceeded my expectations, mainly because I could not believe it would be so easy to find a job. It definitely was.

It can be said that Ironhack is not just a matter of studying but also working hard and being involved in a "Learn by Doing Community". You work hard developing projects during the bootcamp, alone and with your mates. It is not studying theory, it is learning from the best professionals sharing their experience and from every mistake you do.

The "Community issue" is one of my favourites: when you learn and work with other people, as you help each other, you see everyone gets to different solutions starting at the same point. You realise that the team grows ten times faster than you would learn online or in other courses. And also we got involved in the professional community: that helped us a lot to find jobs after the Bootcamp. Everybody says "College do not prepare people to work and you need to start in a job to really learn". Well, we had that first working experience really fast at Ironhack (that is the reason it is so tough) so I started working with more confidence about what I was able to do.