ironhack-logo

Ironhack

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon, Madrid, Mexico City, Miami, Online, Paris, Sao Paulo

Ironhack

Ironhack offers full-time and part-time bootcamps in Web Development, UX/UI design, Data Analytics and Cyber Security in Miami (Florida), Madrid and Barcelona (Spain), Paris (France) Mexico City (Mexico), Berlin (Germany), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Sao Paulo (Brazil), Lisbon (Portugal) and remotely. Ironhack uses a customized approach to education by allowing students to shape their experience based on personal goals. Students who graduate from the Web Development Bootcamp will be skilled in technologies like JavaScript, HTML5 and CSS3. The UX/UI program covers Design Thinking, Photoshop, Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision, and JavaScript. Data Analytics covers data wrangling/cleaning, APIs, web scraping, and intermediate topics in Git, MySQL, Python, Data visualization, Panda, and Machine Learning. The Data Analytics program allows students to load, clean, explore and extract valuable insights from datasets and cultivate languages, such as Python, SQL and Tableau. The Cyber Security course provides students with the hands-on skills they need to land a job in the growing cybersecurity industry. In the Cyber Security course, students will develop the most in-demand knowledge to be part of any company's cybersecurity workforce and become a cybersecurity professional.

The admissions process for each program includes an online application, a personal interview, and a technical assessment.

Throughout each Ironhack program, students will get help navigating career development through interview prep, enhancing digital brand presence, and networking opportunities. Students will have a chance to delve into the tech community with Ironhack events, workshops, and Meetups. With more than 6,000 graduates, Ironhack has an extensive global network of alumni and +600 partner companies. Graduates of Ironhack will be well-positioned to find a job as a web developer, UX/UI designer, data analyst, or cyber security professional upon graduation as all students have access to career services to prepare them for the job search and facilitating interviews in their city's local tech ecosystem. Ironhack is the first European bootcamp to report its outcomes.

Recent Ironhack Reviews: Rating 4.86

all (947) reviews for Ironhack →

Recent Ironhack News

Read all (32) articles about Ironhack →
  • Cyber Security Bootcamp

LocationOnline, Madrid
    The Ironhack Cybersecurity Bootcamp covers the hands-on and practical skills necessary for Bootcampers to land high-paying careers in cybersecurity, one of the world’s fastest growing industries. The bootcamp is an accelerated cybersecurity training program designed to successfully prepare people with little or no background in IT for entry level jobs in cybersecurity, a highly in-demand and lucrative career path. The Bootcamp is delivered in a blended format at a Cybint Certified Center with both on campus learning and online self-paced activities.
    DepositYes

Do you need help with the payment? Visit our Financing page: https://www.ironhack.com/en/financing

Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
    Prep Work20 hours of online learning material. This prework will familiarize you with what a computer is, how operating systems work and what networks are. This knowledge will get you ready for learning Cybersecurity
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Full-time)

LocationMadrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 9 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    Tuition PlansTuition varies by campus location
    ScholarshipIronhack offers an upfront scholarship of 10% off for any of our Web Development
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module.
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Part-Time)

MySQL, Git, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, SQL, Python
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 24 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time)

HTML, Product Management, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    LocationMiami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon
    This 9 week immersive course is catered to beginners with no previous design or technical experience. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep WorkThe Pre-work is a 40 hours self-guided content that will help you to understand basic UX/UI Design concepts and it will make you design your first works in Sketch and Flinto.
  • UX/UI Design Course (Part-Time)

HTML, Design, Product Management, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    The UX/UI Design Part-time course meets Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with additional online coursework over a period of 6 months. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level when the course begins.
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time)

AngularJS, MongoDB, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    This course enables students to design and build full stack JavaScript web applications. Students will learn the fundamentals of programming, with a big emphasis on battle-tested patterns and best practices. By the end of the course, students will have the ability to evaluate a problem and select the optimal solution using the language/framework best suited for a project’s scope. In addition to technical skills, the course will train students in how to think like a programmer. Students will learn how to deconstruct complex problems and break them into smaller modules. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing. A good programmer has a general understanding of the various programming languages and when to use them. A great programmer understands the fundamental structure and possesses the ability to learn any new language when required.

Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Part-Time)

• Jessica van der Marel  User Photo
    Jessica van der Marel • Front End Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

3 months at Ironhack is all it takes to change not only your career, but also your life. At first I was a little hesitant to start a bootcamp as I came from a Tourism/Hospitality background and had no Tech experience what so ever except from learning HTML and CSS (and a little bit of Wordpress) on my own. However, at some point I found myself stuck in my own learning process and decided to look into Ironhack. I was able to come by that same day for an introduction and that is where it all started. Now a couple months later, I am officially a Front End Web Developer at a modern and thriving company! For everyone thinking about doing this bootcamp, I have a few pieces of advise for you: First of all DO IT! It will be the best decision in your life! Also, put in the work. I am not going to lie that it is tough! It took me blood, sweat and tears (literally) to keep up! Learning to become a full stack web developer in (not even) 3 months, which most people not even learn in a year.... You do the math!

I want to give a special shoutout to Nizar, our Lead Instructor for the course. This guy offered us twice to come in on a Sunday to bring us up to speed. (we were a little behind on our work, because of national holidays). This to me screams passion for your work. Also all the extra work that he put in like staying late to debug our errors and make sure our application is back up because it crashed the day before presentation day.... it is very much appreciated!

Also the TA's Ariel and Kevin were great for extra support and guidance. They help you out wherever they can but more important, they also give you the space to find your own solutions for "learning how to learn" purposes.

The classroom environment was the best I have ever experienced. It is beautiful to see how many different nationalities and backgrounds get along so well and help eachother out where possible. Also the yoga sessions on the rooftop and lunches at Burgers & Beer really set the tone for a great time among the students (and teachers :) )

Last but not least a big thank you to Brito, who is the placements Manager. He helped us getting ready for the job hunt. From giving pointers to set up your LinkedIn page and resume, to do's and don'ts for your job interview and to arranging some great guest speakers that would tell us about their experience and that would answer all questions we would have. This all lead to me getting hired as a Front End Web Developer even a week before graduating. Thank you again!

Like I said in the beginning of this review. It has been a life changing experience and I will forever be thankful to those who helped make this possible!

• Valerie Brunnette  User Photo
    Valerie Brunnette • Product Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I first considered joining Ironhack after attending one of the cohort's "hackshows." I found the students' final projects inspiring, and I realized that UX/UI design would be the perfect application for my creative problem solving skills. I applied, interviewed, and was accepted with a scholarship to the Spring 2017 cohort. I enjoyed my time in the course- learning lots, utilizing the amenities at Building, and meeting new people! In the end, I was able to create a very professional looking app within 2 weeks for my final project. I proudly presented it at our hackshow and realized that things had come full circle! :) The connections made and concepts learned were invaluable, as I was actually hired as a Product Designer by one of the Ironhack instructors after the course!

• David Alarcon  User Photo
    David Alarcon • Software Engineer. • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I came into Ironhack with zero programing knowledge and expereience. Now I can call my self a software engineer with confidence.

The most important thing I learned at Ironhack, other than MEAN stack and all things about JavaScript, is the fact that no matter how difficult a concept or computer language might seem at first, given enough time and practice, I will be able to figure it out. The encuragement and tool given to us to find solutions on our own, gave us the power to be self-sufficient.  Project weeks are the best. Those are the moments when everything comes together, and you feel driven to work hard and keep at it.

Nizar, our instructor was Amazing and his classes were fun! His patience and love for teaching is self evident. Also his vast knowledge is admirable.

Our T.A’s Kevin and Ariel they were both incredible. Although Kevin was a bit more approachable, Ariel dominates the subject incredibly well.

Ironhack’s staff are all aces in my book. They are friendly, genuine, passionate and fresh.

The classroom at Building.co was a key element for my success. The open areas, amenities and activities were fundamental to keep me focused and energized... and the coffee, specially the coffee!

Brito, the Placement Manager, is with out doubt the warrior that fights next to you.  His advise, wisdom, and passion made me feel confident about my potential and value. Since the day I had my admission interview, I knew I could count on him. Everthing he promised he delivered, and more.

My time at Ironhack clearly impacted my life. I still can’t believe how in less than 3 months I was able to turn my life’s dream into a reality. Not only I understand the secret world of coding, I am also making a real career out of it. And this is only the beginning :) .

• Game Changer
    - 8/9/2017
    Crystal Jones  User Photo
    Crystal Jones • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I went into Iron Hack’s web dev bootcamp after a couple of years of self-study and crash coursing my way through contract development work. While I will always be proud of the achievement’s I made on my own, going to Ironhack has completely changed my career, the way I learn, and my understanding of programming. In retrospect I now know I knew just the surface of most elements of the development life cycle, and core logic of coding. Ironhack took me deep into the logic and overall understanding of software and because of that, I can now proudly say I wake up each day feeling and knowing I am a full stack developer.

The staff at Ironhack went above and beyond to ensure everyone’s success. Nizar is one of the best instructors I have ever had, and I don’t say that lightly! His patience and dedication are inspiring. I hope he teaches forever because I don’t think there are many out there with the technical talent and ability to teach on this level.

Our TA’s Ariel and Kevin bring energy and creative insight to the course that keeps you going even when you are sure you can’t finish or understand a concept.  The will work with you through the challenges and celebrate your achievements every step of the way.

Daniel Brito is the career wizard at Ironhack. His dedication to your success is genuine and he stays with you even after the course making sure you stay on the path to success. He taught us so much about building our brand and awareness into the world of software careers. This comes from years of experience and insightful knowledge that is priceless.

I will end this by saying a few things. One I would go back and do it again in a heartbeat. Even the hard times, the late nights, every moment of it brought me where I am today. Two I am happy to say that after Ironhack not only do I have a job as a full stack developer right out of school but also am working with a software company to bring my hackshow project to market, which would have never been possible without the knowledge and drive I gained at Ironhack. My third and final thought, if you love software and need a place to start, you really don’t need to look any further.

• Gabriela Parra  User Photo
    Gabriela Parra • Software Development Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

You can learn how to code on your own, with enough motivation, a computer, and internet connection; I really believe you can. So, why did I decide to join this bootcamp? Because making the transition from being someone who codes for fun to someone who gets paid to code is tough without the connections, it's tough without asking peers what has been like for them. Ironhack provided me with a supportive community full of people who inspired me and this is why I will forever love this place.

Nizar, our main instructor, is undeniably great at what he does. He truly wants you to get it, he is patient and dedicated. This is a genius developer who could be working anywhere he would like and instead chose to help a group of people achieve their goal of being real world developers.

I'm also incredibly thankful to Alia, who's now the Director of this campus. She was the one who introduced me to Ironhack and I didn't even consider any other bootcamp the moment I talked to her. This place is full of passionate people who truly want to help you. Another one of them is Daniel Brito, our Placements Manager, this guy couldn't fit his personality is a room if he wanted to. He will go to any extent to help you understand what you need to do to get a job as a developer. We had several great guest speakers, all scheduled by him. Brito will remind you throughout the course that getting that job, which is the ultimately goal for a lot of us, is not only about being good at coding but about putting in the effort for all these other steps-- and he will help you set that up.

My classmates were another valuable part of the experience. We all got along and supported each other throughout the course. It was refreshing and inspiring to be around this great group of people from so many different backgrounds and ages, I learned a great deal from them.

I was really proactive on that LinkedIn and was able to land a job before finishing the bootcamp. But, the credit is not all mine as Brito gave me all the pointers I needed to let my employer know how passionate I was about this, and how interested I was in helping their project as well as keep growing as a developer.

Life changing experience. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Daniel Hill  User Photo
    Daniel Hill • Web developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was very happy with the overall experience. The course is very demanding and you need to fully commit to it if you are thinking about doing a bootcamp. The staff at Ironhack were top notch and very helpful. The teaching staff were super helpful and made the experience especially the TAs. I would recommend the course but be ready to work hard and learn a lot.

• Adrià Marti  User Photo
    Adrià Marti • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I thought too many times to study computer science, but to be honest I couldn’t dedicate at my age 4 years of my life to achieve a computer science degree. This is why I decided to study a Bootcamp.

I had some previous front end knowledge but not back end. I studied graphic design (nothing related to IT) and after the 3 first weeks I became able to build simple web apps with Ruby on Rails! Seems impossible but it’s completely affordable.

We spent 8 hours per day in a standard class with amazing teachers that drive you from the more basic things to more expertise via good coding examples and exercices.

Then, after 8 hours with guided lessons you were able to continue working on extra exercices that cover through real project examples what has been done during the standard lesson.

Mi point of view is that if you would like to achieve a good level there is needed to at least dedicate between 2-5 extra hours per day to consolidate all material. Don't worry about don't see your common friends, in Ironhack you will have a family!

I would like to said also that before finish the bootcamp I got a job in a top international IT company located in Barcelona (I had a lot of interviews, because Ironhack also pushes you to get a job thouroug all the events and contacts that they have, and I succeed in some of them. I got 3 job offers). I jump from a creative job to a developer one in just 4 months, everything is possible if you are brave enough!

If you have any question you can ask me via linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/amartib/

• Alina Gasperino  User Photo
    Alina Gasperino • Front End Web Developer at TransUnion • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Firstly, I'd like to acknowledge the amazing team there, because they are an integral part of what makes this bootcamp so amazing:

• Nizar (instructor) - Nizar's expertise is invaluable. He also clearly has a passion for teaching and empowering others to learn. Its clear he really cares about his students and whether or not they are keeping up. He had stayed late many times because someone needed his help. By the end of the course my class bought him a golden pizza trophy because we were so grateful to have him.
    • Daniel Brito (placements manager) - If you do your part, you can trust that Brito will do his to get you a job. He is very much involved throughout the entire course, whether its setting up amazing speakers to coming in, helping you write your resume, or teaching you everything there is to know about being a good job candidate. He used to be a SR IT recruiter and has even gone through a web dev bootcamp himself so he has a wealth of knowledge and most importantly- contacts for networking.
    • Ariel Quinones (co-founder) - Really great guy, down to earth and is SO passionate about what he does. You'll see him around often and chat with him and he may even casually join you for lunch.

Other shoutouts:
    • Alia (general manager) is a joy to work with, she makes you feel like you can go to her for anything. You can tell she works her butt off to keep everything running smoothly and still always manages to have a smile on her face.
    • Ariel (assistant instructor) is super bright and really great at explaining difficult concepts and breaking them down.
    • My entire cohort- Awesome group to work with. Everyone was super friendly, non-judgmental, and always willing to work together and help each other out. I am so thankful that the people at Ironhack purposefully select people that they think can "play well with others". I made really great friends during my time there.

Some other points I'd like to make:

• the Ironhack team does a really good job at asking you throughout the course what you think can be improved. They are also very in-tune with how you're feeling about your performance whether or not you need extra help or accomodations.
    • The building where the course takes place is SUPER cool. There's a nice grassy rooftop to relax outside when you've been staring at a computer for hours. There's also a free keg and delicious snacks in the kitchen. Its also walking distance from the metro. Great spot.
    • **You do NOT have to be an expert in JS to take this course, but you MUST have a firm grasp on it. The course moves very very quickly and you can't be spending time re-hashing JS. The entire course basically builds upon JS so make sure you can code it comfortably.**
    • You're going to have to work on the weekends, otherwise you'll forget.
    • Try being a week ahead on assignments and doing them on your own. That way when it comes time to go over it in class you've already digested it at least once and you're prepared to ask meaningful questions.
    • The journey doesn't end after Ironhack, you'll have to work even harder to retain everything you've learned, apply it, and build on top of that knowledge. This bootcamp isn't a shortcut to a career, its a stepping stone.

Bottom line? Great people, great course. If you're committed to this craft and you have a passion for it, go for it.

Best of luck!

• Learn by doing.
    - 7/6/2017
    Laura Amber  User Photo
    Laura Amber • UX/UI Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I had just presented my final career project and finished the Graphic Design Degree. I was aware of the fact that with this professional profile I’d find so many amateurs and intrusiveness. I had to specialize if I wanted to position, differentiate and define myself. And I wanted digital and technology fields to be my professional playing field from then on.

I got my eyes on Ironhack for a year. Perhaps the first thing that attracted me from it was the naming. “That must be a place where pro people come from”, I thought, and I wanted to become one of them. As an intensive bootcamp, time saving was another important reason to take into account, and so it was the fact that it didn’t follow the traditional educational model, tied to stupid numerical qualifications. I was looking for applied theory. Utility. The “learn by doing”.

Finally, I took a step forward and moved to Madrid.

I would highlight people as the best part of the experience, both the Ironhack team, teachers (industry professionals) and class mates. The opportunity of being able to meet minds that are worried about the same things as you, with ambitions and goals, and so much desire and support. People who make you discover a world, and share and fuel your curiosity. Many “I can’t with my life” followed by “God, this is what I love”, and continue progressing.

Today, I am part of the first UX / UI Ironhack MAD bootcamp promotion, and a new professional competence with graphic design skills expanded with product design, interface and user experience, among other things (such as 3D, audiovisual, music, photography and some front- end). Notions that are extended every day by the self-taught work as well as the daily work as Design Director at Finect, a smart-data company in the Fintech sector whose goal is to bring finances closer to the people.

Undoubtedly, Ironhack has been an open door. Now the key is to seek how to take advantage of all the opportunities that appear. And the more you move, the more they appear. So don’t stop moving and following the path of your concerns.

For any query, you can find me in Medium, Dribbble and Twitter.

Kind regards, and continue improving.

Laura Amber
  • Héctor León  User Photo
    Héctor León • Frontend Developer & UXUI Designer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I did the bootcamp two years ago without previus code experience.
      it's quite intense but at the end you gonna feel yourself like a better version of who you were.

The most important skill that i have learned there was the constancy, more specificy, the constancy in keep searching until you find out the solution of a problem.

The instructor and the staff are leading/helping you over all the bootcamp.

My classmates where amazing, even if we have different levels since the first day, we helped each other and all improves our knowledge.

It's awesome how another person think about the solution of a problem, so different ways.

I left my carreer path behind, and started a new one as a frontend developer. I'm  still in the middle of the path but now i know what i want to do.

I have been Front-End developer Jr., now i'm a freelancer and a TA in Ironhack

• Gin   User Photo
    Gin • Staff Software IT Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

If you go into Ironhack with the mindset that this course is one of many steps you must take before you become an amazing developer, you will succeed. Put in the hours during coding camp. Put in the effort during your job search. And most importantly put in the hours to continue your programming development after the course.

If you think ANY codecamp can suddenly make you worthy of applying to Facebook etc as a developer at 200k, you probably need a reality check. Perhaps you could sell yourself yourself as a project manager who can do business and code after bootcamp, but to become a developer at that level, you will have to devote at least a year of self learning in which you work on some pretty kick ass projects to get you remotely close to that level. Have realistic expectations and dedication and you will be more than fine.

I would recommend Ironhack to anyone who has a limited programing background and wants a truly immersive, yet fun experience. I made several meaningful friendships during my time at Ironhack. As for the instructors, Josh and Nizar were more than willing to spend extra time to develop those who wanted more than a surface understanding of the material. The job that I took after Ironhack happened to be a direct placement of Danny Brito. My first 3 months as a software engineer were intense as coding school gave me the foundation but it was my turn to quickly build on that foundation to perform on the level I desired. While I got a job that did not use the primary language we were taught, it is because of the structure and logic challenges I faced when writing code in Ruby that I could make my footprint at my company and climb up the ladder.
  • Awesome Experience
    - 6/20/2017
    Mikel Garcia  User Photo
    Mikel Garcia • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Before Ironhack I used to work as a web developer in Vitoria, where we used to code in Java and some Javascript. I decided to apply to Ironhack because I wanted to meet more people inside the community, develop my coding skills, and why not, find a job in Madrid.

My experience was not as hard as other mates as I have a developer background that helped me along the bootcamp. Doing Ironhack is like becoming part of a second family. Is great to be able to have the opportunity to share the daily challenges with people that as motivated as you. Laughs and good moments make tough days worth it.

Beyond having some previous experience I've learnt a lot about clean code and good practices, but definitely the best part was to become part of this awesome community.

Nowadays I'm a full stack developer in Billin, a spanish startup. I would like to thank Marta Fonda (Ironhacker too) for introducing me to the tech community.