ironhack-logo

Ironhack

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon, Madrid, Madrid, Mexico City, Miami, Miami, Paris, Sao Paulo

Ironhack

Ironhack offers 9-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time web development, UX/UI design, and data analytics bootcamps in Miami, Florida; Madrid and Barcelona, Spain; Paris, France; Mexico City, Mexico; and Berlin, Germany. Ironhack uses a customized approach to education by allowing students to shape their experience based on personal goals. Students who graduate from the Web Development Bootcamp will be skilled in technologies like JavaScript, HTML5 and CSS3. The UX/UI program covers Design Thinking, Photoshop, Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision, and JavaScript. Data Analytics covers data wrangling/cleaning, APIs, web scraping, and intermediate topics in Git, MySQL, Python, Data visualization, Panda, and Machine Learning.

The admissions process for each program includes submitting a written application, a personal interview, and then a technical interview.

Throughout each Ironhack program, students will get help navigating career development through interview prep, enhancing digital brand presence, and networking opportunities. Students will have a chance to delve into the tech community with Ironhack events, workshops, and Meetups. With more than 1,000 graduates, Ironhack has an extensive global network of alumni and partner companies. Graduates of Ironhack will be well-positioned to find a job as a web developer or UX/UI designer upon graduation as all students have access to career services to prepare them for the job search and facilitating interviews in their city's local tech ecosystem.

Recent Ironhack Reviews: Rating 4.89

all (820) reviews for Ironhack →

Recent Ironhack News

Read all (25) articles about Ironhack →
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Full-time)

LocationMadrid, Paris
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 9 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    Deposit750€
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module.
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time)

HTML, User Experience Design, CSS
    Start Date January 20, 2020
    LocationMiami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City
    This 8 week immersive course is catered to beginners with no previous design or technical experience. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelNone.
    Prep WorkThe Pre-work is a 40 hours self-guided content that will help you to understand basic UX/UI Design concepts and it will make you design your first works in Sketch and Flinto.
    January 20, 2020 - Miami Apply by December 30, 2019
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Part-Time)

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design, CSS
    Start Date May 31, 2020
    LocationMiami, Madrid, Barcelona, Berlin, Mexico City
    The UX/UI Design Part-time course meets Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with additional online coursework over a period of 6 months. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Deposit750€ or 9,000$MXN
    Financing available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit

Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic algorithms and notions of object oriented programming.
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level when the course begins/
    May 31, 2020 - Miami Apply by May 10, 2020
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time)

In PersonFull Time
    Start Date January 20, 2020
    LocationAmsterdam, Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City
    This course enables students to design and build full stack JavaScript web applications. Students will learn the fundamentals of programming, with a big emphasis on battle-tested patterns and best practices. By the end of the course, students will have the ability to evaluate a problem and select the optimal solution using the language/framework best suited for a project’s scope. In addition to technical skills, the course will train students in how to think like a programmer. Students will learn how to deconstruct complex problems and break them into smaller modules. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing. A good programmer has a general understanding of the various programming languages and when to use them. A great programmer understands the fundamental structure and possesses the ability to learn any new language when required.
    Financing available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit

Scholarship$1,000 Scholarship for women.
    January 20, 2020 - Miami Apply by December 30, 2019
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Part-Time)

AngularJS, MongoDB, HTML, JavaScript, Express.js, Node.js, Front End
    Start Date May 31, 2020
    LocationMiami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City
    May 31, 2020 - Miami Apply by May 10, 2020

• Frank • IT Recruiter • Graduate

In the beginning, I had my doubts about it all: being able to code fully-functional websites and web applications in 8-weeks? Nah, man, that's impossible. However, the proof may be in the testimonials or the successful graduates that got jobs. That may be big selling points.

However, for me, the biggest selling point was the staff and my cohort.

There was never a day in my rigorous 8-week long tenure at Ironhack that I didn't feel like I was among family. In fact, there were often times where I would stay after hours, not only to keep pounding the keyboard but also to bond with these people. There was a "hidden" feature that I had no idea about: how despite going through one of the most challenging, life-changing experiences of your life you will also come out with an extended family out of it. And I dare say, I owe my success at Ironhack, in huge part, to the dedicated, kind, and thoughtful staff as well as my dear cohort who to this day are still part of my crew.

There are countless reviews that attest to the effectiveness of the boot-camp (the pros and cons about it all). Even though not one experience is the same, I could easily identify myself with many of the major points in the reviews you'll find here--with the obvious exception of the personal parts.However, I cannot stress enough how crucial the people there were to my successful graduation. There are always there for you, whether it's for help on your coding exercises, or even when you just need a friend there. I can't find a way to say it without getting any mushier that I've already gotten, but I felt I was home.

Similar to many other success stories, I got hired! However, not as a coder... I was hired as an IT Recruiter. Although it doesn't directly align with coding I wouldn't have gotten the job if I didn't have the technical background and tech-savvy that Ironhack equipped me with. That's right, folks! You don't have to become a programmer to put your knowledge from Ironhack to great use. SHOUT-OUT to Dan Brito, placement manager at Ironhack and dear friend, and the rest of the Ironhack team (Ariel, Alia, Nizar, Nick, Marisa, Josh) for being there through every single step of the way to getting hired. From my very first day at Ironhack, to that fateful day I received my offer letter.

That's only but a minuscule taste of what Ironhack has to offer, though. If you do decide to join Ironhack, just make sure that you practice a little coding before you go into it. Codecademy, or FreeCodeCamp are you best friends for that. Of course, it wouldn't hurt not minding the addition a few, actually several, people to your family!

• Courtney Williams • Graduate

I recently graduated from Ironhack's first UX/UI cohort in Miami. It was a life-changing and wonderful experience, which has already helped me transition into the tech world as a UX research analyst and designer. They don't call this a bootcamp for nothing: a LOT of material is covered in the eight weeks of coursework! There is a tremendous amount of information to absorb, perhaps too much, but the material is accessible even to complete non-techies like myself as long as students are willing to commit the time to study and work hard outside of class. Here in Miami our course was taught by two main lecturers who are both seasoned in their work and inspiring. In my opinion, studying alongside these experts in the field and being able to ask them questions as we progressed through the course material was what made Ironhack such a valuable experience. Jacqueline Stetson Pastore and Marcelo Paiva were wonderful teachers and continue to be mentors who are available to all members of our cohort. In addition to the incredible instruction, I was blown away by Ironhack's staff: each person who I came into contact with at Ironhack is intelligent, helpful, trustworthy, and genuinely concerned with empowering their students to change their lives. Our UX/UI teaching assistant Alida Gagliuffi kept the group (and, when necessary, the teachers!) on track to ensure that we kept up with the demanding curriculum, and the Placements Manager Daniel Brito worked tirelessly to connect Ironhack students with employers in the community who had UX/UI needs. The final "career" week of the Ironhack bootcamp culminated in a job fair on campus where 7 students interviewed with 10 companies. To me, that alone was worth the bootcamp's expense!  All in all, I had a great time at Ironhack. I am thrilled to be embarking on a career in web product research and design and I feel well prepared to begin that work after studying with Jacqueline and Marcelo. The only aspect of the course that I did not like was the pressure to participate in a public hackshow after the course had already ended. I felt that the public hackshow pitted students against each other and disrupted the supportive (almost family-like) dynamic that had been in existence up until that moment. Ending the bootcamp on that note seemed much more about Ironhack publicity in the community than it did about students' actual projects and work.

• Greg • Graduate

I joined Ironhack only about a week after learning what a bootcamp even was. Call me rash, but I’d most likely not be a software engineer right now if I didn’t make such a decision. I’d only graduated college a couple months back with not much promise—no job, no real-world skills. I’d coded a bit before, taking a couple classes here and there in addition to prowling Code Academy, for it always had piqued my interest. It was only until after I left the Ivory Tower that I could see clearly and was determined to translate my passion for programming into a profession. For nearly 6 weeks I spent long hours teaching myself skills to meet requirements of relevant web-based positions, and finally started applying to jobs and sending resumes to black holes. With no luck, I stumbled upon Ironhack.

Ironhack is an 8-week (10 weeks including non-official curriculum) coding bootcamp that provides the necessary tools to get anyone started in the world of software development. By the nature of the curriculum, this is true. However, there is one thing that is implicitly required from you 100% of the time, all the time: commitment. If you commit to the process, you will be rewarded.

Now, the beauty of Ironhack is that the experience of making that commitment is fantastic. The staff are extremely pleasant, kind, and intelligent. Our teachers were extremely patient and were able to put complex topics into layman’s terms. Ironhack does a great job at making you feel like part of their family as well as connecting you to the Miami tech scene. Moreover, having a group to go through the process with you is extremely beneficial (“cohort” in bootcamp lingo). We had a small group that was able to create a strong bond and get along very well; you could always bounce an idea or ask for help from anyone in the cohort.

The Ironhack team was very supportive and influential in job support. We had at least 1-2 people per week guest lecture on their professional perspectives and experience, and were always invited to local meet-ups or tech events—there was always a large emphasis on networking and putting yourself out there. Between this, resume building, and an internal career fair, we were given a great jumpstart into job hunting and making ourselves marketable.

In the end, I had 3 job offers about a week after graduation. Now, everyone’s stories are different, but I can tell you one thing that will work. If you are willing to work your very hardest every single day and have a passion for what you’re doing, you will be rewarded. For instance, I made it my mission to do at least one coding challenge every day (starting a couple weeks into the program), listen to software engineering podcasts, read up on tech news, etc. If you wake up dreading going to class, it is probably not for you.

My advice to you before fully enrolling is to try out some programming on your own to see if you somewhat like it first due to how costly the camp is. With this in mind, it could only be beneficial to you if you have some familiarity with the concepts and terms—I found the redundancy and reiteration of topics I learned on my own and then subsequently in class to be enlightening. Overall, I was very happy with my experience at Ironhack—great people, working/learning environment, and support. I am excited to continue my career as a software engineer and will always be able to tip my hat at Ironhack for having a fantastic program.

• Dieter Ordonez • Sr. Digital Account Manager • Graduate

My intention in coming to ironhack was to accelerate my capacity in understanding code - development procesess. I would definitely say that Ironhack has helped me accomplish that. What I like the most is that wether you are aware or not, the course has it's own pace that will naturally help you tacke each and one of the challenges at hand.

On top of that, add that you have a dedicated team of experts helping you everytime you're on class. Not just from the teachers in your course but from everyone in the building. Also, Ariel, founder of IH is in constant communication with everyone in the team which is great. All the staff is pretty attentive and willing to help.

This was definitely a challenge but it has definitely paid off, I've already applied most of my learnings in my day to day work / as well as generated some free-lance clients that have given me the opportunity to try put my new learned skills to the test.

Last but not least, Ironhack is truly a community, after graduation I still talk to my class members and from time to time to other Ironhack Members. It's up to you to keep communication and involvement in the scene but if you're up to it there is so much potential in networking and getting aid/support for anything.

• Love IronHack
    - 11/7/2016
    Unai Camino • Graduate

Hello IronHackers is Unai Camino.

First of all thanks for the bootcamp, because is opening so many doors for me.

I would like to express how I felt during the bootcamp.

In the prework I got basic knowledge about Ruby and Javascript, but in my opinion I would suggest to study more lessons about Ruby and a bit deeper in Javascript.

During the six weeks studying Ruby on Rails, Javascript, HTML and CSS, I was so happy and motivated. I have nothing negative to say about it. The teachers were so good, seriously all the different teachers were very professional and they knew how to impact the classes and also help when I needed it, they were available after classes and even now. Whenever I needed something they replied. I give them a 10.

Also the material and the structure of the bootcamp in my opnion was perfect. To be honest it was the best course I’ve done.

The final project helped me to put into practice everything I’ve learnt. Alfonso and Alex were very willing to help even using Slack.

To be honest I am very pleased for being part of IronHack. Two weeks after finishing the bootcamp I got my first formal offer, now I am getting more opportunities and I can choose in which company I want to work.

I would like to explain and give a few advise to the next IronHacker generation:

I think is very important to do the prework with one month in advantge to get a solid knowledge of what you are going to study.

During the bootcamp I worked 12h/day weekend included and I would suggest study 14h/day. Seriously IronHack is just 8 weeks, and this is nothing, so it’s important to put in the hard work. The more you work the more you get it.

To make a good final project is very important to solid your knowledge, make a plan for it, ask teacher for advise and think about it before starting, think, think and think.

After bootcamp I came to London, I firmly recommended to go outside Spain, the good offers are here UK, Holland, Germany….

What I did to get a job, I download a list of all startup in London and I applied to them through emails to get interviews and test, didn’t stop until I got response. The same as the bootcamp 12h/ day sending emails, replying them, doing interviews…….

Get a plan and follow it through, if your planning doesn’t work change it, but continue with confidence in yourself until you get it.

My last point, companies know your level they don’t expect too much from you, what they want is motivation. show them your passion about programming and be very thankfull with them in every moment, that’s what worked for me and I think is the best approach.

My best wishes IronHackers

Work hard, Play hard

• Great experience!
    - 10/17/2016
    Sebastian Vega • Jr. Full-stack Developer • Graduate

The admissions process was simple and practical, did a short informal coding challenge to prove I understood the basics of programming. The prework gave me a foundation to start the course. Loved the teaching style and the instructors are amazing, the TAs were also very helpful. After the bootcamp I received great guidance from career services in order to prepare my resume and linkedin profile. Kept coding and practicing on my own in order to prepare for the interviews. Then came the interviews, I felt prepared and confident. Landed a Jr. Full-stack developer job after 2.5 months of completing the bootcamp! The overall experience changed my life and helped me start a new career!!! Super happy with the whole thing.

• Ondrej Synacek • Student

I attended full-time web development bootcamp in Barcelona in the fall/winter of 2015. My original profession was not in technical field what so ever but I was always around computers and did few static websites.
    Before I did the bootcamp I did studying on my own, becoming beginner at Python and trying out few other languages in my spare time, learning basics of databases.
    I think this is what helped me a lot eventually and made the experience worth the expense and time.
    Ironhack was a huge financial investment (the conversion rate from my currency to EU is not very favorable) so I was very worried if I would eventually find a job as developer - this was my goal from the beginning. TLDR - I succeeded so I'm very happy.

But also it was very challenging. There were few people in my cohort which I knew weren't very happy with the outcome. The truth is, you must really like problem solving and programming to make it work. Right now it seems like people think that "being a coder" makes you immediately cool and earns you a lot of money. I don't think it's the right attitude. Nothing is free and you will have to work very hard to do the bootcamp and once you start working as programmer profesionally, it's another challenge.

Do not underestimate the preparation period/pre-work for the course! Also, getting your feet wet at programming basics beforehand (I did it for about a year as a hobby, programmed simple program etc.) will help a TON! I feel like some people were really struggling because they underestimated this part.

I am writing this review, almost a year from starting the bootcamp. I am now full-time employee of mobile-focused company as part of their back-end Ruby on Rails team, but mostly I'm the front-end guy. I'm happy because I go to work every day to do what I want to do. Different people, different goals but for me it was definitely worth it.

If you think you'll come to bootcamp and leave as a fully-developed programmer, you're wrong. You will leave as junior developer at best. I'm not saying this as a negative thing. I'm just saying you have to be humble. I had a career before and I started out at junior position in new career. First months in my job were really, really hard. I had to make up for the lack of the experience, stayed late, did coding on the weekends. Now I feel like I reached junior level and feel more confident.

But the best part of the bootcamp? Apart from learning a lot and meeting interesting people, it gives you confidence. And in my case Ironhack team did a great job, especially in regards to job counseling. Ironhack helped me land my current job. And I'm not from Spain, they managed to secure job interview in my country thanks to their job advisor and I ended up working there.

Definitely worth the money and changed my life for better.

• Anthony • Graduate

Before attending Ironhack Web Development Bootcamp, I was working at a law firm with the aspirations of becoming a lawyer. Right before deciding what law school to attend, I began doubting my decision to pursue law. I had a yearning for learning and creating that my chosen profession at the time could not provide. I had always dabbled with computers and very basic HTML/CSS but always thought that pursuing web development as a career, would require a bachelors in computer science. I started researching alternatives to the traditional route of web development education and found Ironhack. Right from the first interview, I knew that the program was right for me. What makes Ironhack distinct from many other bootcamps is that they gear you for success right from the first interview. Placement into a cohort is dependant on passing a technical interview. It is very important that a potential student meets the technical criteria before attending the bootcamp because the material and course is not easy! After placement, there is a very hefty load of pre-work which I believe is just as important as the 8-week course itself. Completion of the pre-work is essential! The 8-weeks that follow move fast but there is plenty of help and support along the way. Each topic is taught by building on what was previously learned. The the last 2 weeks, which are dedicated to the final project are when all the concepts are really ingrained into your memory. Overall, the experience is life changing to say the least. Ironhack really does care about their students and graduates. Upon graduation, you will have top-notch career support to get you working as a developer, and access to a HUGE network of Ironhack alumni.

• Ricardo • Frontend Developer • Graduate

It's difficult to explain what Ironhack is, you have to do it! They can tell you about the 6 weeks of classes and about the 2 weeks working 24/7 on your final project. But only by doing it you realize what it means and the opportunities that it will open for you. It's important to say that you need to work on it.

I came to Ironhack with some previous experience coding. Before that, I was working for a marketing agency as an intern creating web layouts, I was tired of always doing the same and because of the low salaries I decided to quit and explore other educational options. After much searching I found Ironhack. It sounded challenging but I decided to apply.

Ironhack is not an introductory course, but neither is a specialization one. It's kind of what you want it to be. I would have to say two very important things: you need to love what you're doing and you need to have some previous experience. Frustration moments are inevitable during the bootcamp, but it is important to overcome them and take it with humor (something that I certainly did during these 8 weeks).

Of course, this is not something to try to discourage prospective students. On the contrary, if you like this world, doing the Ironhack is probably one of the best decisions you can ever take.

Ironhack do not guarantee you a job, but definitely it will help you finding it. During the Hiring Week you will have many interviews with different companies. In my case I´m currently in three hiring process and I have already received one offer. It's important to say that it didn't came alone: you have to work a lot to achieve it.

• Life changing
    - 7/18/2016
    Avi Charlop • Software Engineer • Graduate

"Every kid is one caring adult away from being a success story" - Josh Shipp

Imagine what you can do with an entire company of caring adults at Ironhack!

First off coding isn't for everyone. I don't believe "everyone should learn to code". I knew I wanted to code for a living so a bootcamp was the right choice for me. College is also not for everyone, but if you want to learn to code (even if you are in college) a bootcamp should be mandatory!

Ironhack wasn't the only bootcamp I applied to, but it was the only one that I felt I was talking to people who weren't just clocking in like the other bootcamps. From my first interview I loved the staff at Ironhack. They were people who treated me like a person not a prospective client. They helped me through the decision of which bootcamp was right for me, knowing it might not be with them! Thankfully for me it was.

The downsides are:

1. 8 weeks is a really short amount of time, and there are some topics I think should have been covered.
    2. Miami is still finding itself as a tech hub, so competition for true junior developer positions is tough.

That being said:

Ironhack has a process that works. All you have to do is trust it and put in the work.

Every person on the entire staff cares and does everything they can to assist. From the first interview to the job placement help they aren't just doing a job, they want to help you change your life.

I am part of the Ironhack family for life and couldn’t be more proud of it.

• Great choice
    - 6/29/2016
    Alfonso • Graduate

I always wanted to learn how to code when a friend of mine talked to me about Ironhack.

I had no idea what a bootcamp was so i decided to investigate a little bit.

When I saw all the good reviews it had  I thought it was the perfect time to go through it, and I wasn´t dissapointed at all. Now I turn my head back and realize the amount of stuff learned is just huge.

In a couple of months I learnt how to build solid and complete web applications from 0, both back-end and front-end sides combining programming languages like ruby, javascript, HTML and CSS.

I think enrolling Ironhack was one of the best choices I´ve made.

I would highly recommend Ironhack to anyone who wants to learn about programming, beginner or not.

• Nick Borbe

I ended up at Ironhack sort of by coincidence, and I am glad I did.

I was considering many web development bootcamps and I hardly knew anyhting about the field at the time so I made an uninformed choice based on convenience and I chose Ironhack.  Lucky for me, Ironhack turned out to be exactly what I hoped my web development bootcamp experience would be.

There are other Bootcamps with bigger reputations, more prolific presence on the internet, or more famous graduates, but none will provide the educaitonal experience that Ironhack will.  Don't be seduced by bold statistics or sexy names.  IMO, smaller organizations care more about teaching you.

Ironhack truly gives their students the opportunity to go 0-60.  They do not expect or require students to come in with any knowledge of coding (which is why I went to a coding bootcamp in the first place, duh)  and they don't let anyone fall behind.  While other for-profit educational institutions allocate more of their resources to marketing, branding, and cultivating relationships with hiring partners, Ironhack focuses on giving their students the skills they need to succeed in their new career.

I'm not saying hiring partners aren't important.  But hiring partners won't matter much if your coding bootcamp doesn't teach you how to code at a professional level.

Mine did.  How about yours?

• juan luis cantón garay • Student

My name is Juan Luis and I have been involved in working with comics my whole life. I've worked in printing companies and as an old school graphic designer.

The world is changing really fast and design changes even faster. Nowadays most of it is oriented to web, and I want to be part of that change.

Among the existing options, I was searching for one that provides me an educational experience close to what the market is demanding, and I chose Ironhack.

Frustration and fatigue are two big issues that you have to deal with during the whole bootcamp. It was really challenging because I haven't wrote a line of code before and I came from a very visual world. In this world, you need other approach to face the problems you find.

Ironhack will not leave you indifferent. The immersion in the course is complete, there is a moment that you realize that your world moves only around Ironhack.For me, it has been a really enriching and powerful experience. I am very very satisfied and would not replace it with anything.

I felt great by doing something which involved a continuos challenge. It really motivates me. And also, it required -and it will be unfair to forget it- a  lot of moral support from my friends and family.

Some good tips I'll recommend you to follow before the bootcamp: caffeine is your friend, get rid off past frustrations and preconceived ideas, add illusion and tons of patience.

From a designer point of view it had been a really enriching to learn everything that involves a web design.

• Ironhack
    - 6/14/2016
    Javier Martos

I had no idea about programming, but a strong eager to learn it, so recommended by a friend I joined Ironhack, and was definitively a great idea. Now  I am able to develop a full project using several different languages in both parts, back and front end. If you are thinking in learn programming from zero, like me, I highly recommend you join Ironhack!

• Alex Iglesias Prado • Graduate

Enrolling Ironhack had been one of the hardest decisions of my life. I left my job, my city, my family and my comfort zone to face something totally new for me.

Well, after finishing these 2 intense and crazy months, I can say it is an experience worth living. It takes you to the limit, both physically and mentally, but the level of satisfaction you reach is huge.

Without any doubt one of the best things are your classmates. It's amazing how in such a short period of time they became your friends, confidants... people you want to have by your side the rest of your life. Together we have cried, laughed, got frustrated, felt great, but always together and supporting each other.

It is specially good to discover how far you can go. Honestly, it is much further than you think at first. All of this thanks to the incredible teachers and the Ironhack team, who were always listening to our needs and tried to improve every day.

For all of this I can say without hesitation that I will repeat the experience of making a bootcamp at Ironhack.

• Elina • Graduate

Joining Ironhack Barcelona was one of the best decisions of my life. I coded 12-14 hours per day, weekends included, and loved every second of it. I learned more during 2 months than in 5 years in university. The people were a big part of the experience being so fantastic - I was lucky to be able to study with 13 motivated peers, very inspiring and engaging teachers and helpful teaching assistants.

As this is not always obvious in the male-dominated tech industry, it’s worth highlighting that during 2 months I didn’t think about my gender even once, since nobody ever gave me any weird comments or treated me differently for being female.

During/after the bootcamp I received several offers for jobs and interviews in Barcelona, and got a new job in my home country. As I work as UX designer, I feel like the bootcamp has greatly improved my career, since I have now the capabilities to implement my own designs (at least front-end-wise) and the readiness to start to work as junior developer as well. I have also formed a clearer picture about all the development technologies out there, and know what to start learning next. I can highly recommend Ironhack to anyone who wants to work as a developer, or who needs better understanding about development for other reasons.

• Sarah Abogabir • Web Developer • Student

Ironhack has been the most amazing educational experience. This was the best career decision I could have made. Ironhack was the best choice for entry and transition into the tech world. This comes from someone who graduated from college five months ago and didn’t have any background in programming. Like others I tried learning myself but it’s not as effective. I live in Virginia and could have chosen to attend General Assembly or Code Mojo, but the reviews and reputation were not nearly as good as Ironhack’s.

My journey began when I started reading all these reviews and I couldn’t understand why a company would have consistently five stars. After my extensive online trolling, I decided to submit my email via the Ironhack website. Once submitted, Alia (Admissions) scheduled an interview and we spoke for over an hour on the phone. I was sold. Her personality, charisma is rarely found. Once I was finished interviewing with her, I spoke to Ariel (Co-founder), who was also incredibly charismatic and genuinely interested in how Ironhack could help me accomplish my educational and career goals. The third part of the interview process is with the Jedi Master: Nizar. I cannot emphasize enough how patient and compassionate he is. Nizar wants you to not only learn, but he wants you to succeed. I saw that in our first interview because I was incredibly nervous.

Once accepted, I paid my deposit and was sent the pre-work. The pre-work is essential because if you have any questions or concerns, that is your time to ask. Ironhack will also do Google hangouts to help. You should also attend week 0 (before week 1 starts) to ask any questions. During the bootcamp, there were many times that took me longer to understand certain concepts. But Nizar, Josh (Assistant Instructor) and my classmates were always there to explain the concepts with such an incredible amount of patience. Most importantly, both Nizar and Josh never made me feel like I wasn’t good enough.

In career terms, Daniel is your man (placements manager). He knows many tech companies and has several connections. Daniel will help you with your resume, and most importantly build your own brand, trust him he’s awesome.

The way Ironhack has laid out the learning process is: weeks 1-6 is learning (go to the website to see the breakdown), 7 and 8 are to build your own web application, which to be honest: It was difficult, and stressful. But it was completely worth it. Everyone has to their web app during the Hackshow which was so much fun! We had over 180+ people that came to see what my fellow students and I had created (good networking).

Ironhack declines applicants for many reasons. So you have to take it seriously. You have to be willing to work hard. This bootcamp doesn’t stop and you have to be mentally prepared. There will be times that you may feel that you are not good enough, but that is completely normal because you are being overwhelmed with so much information. The good news is that everyone at Ironhack will be there to cheer you on, including your classmates (your new best friends).

Even after finishing the bootcamp, I know there is so much to learn. The good news is that Ironhack gave me the tools to learn things on my own.

Just remember to trust the Ironhack process. They know what they are doing, and it works.

• Michael Bellissimo

I really hate school. I have always liked learning and making things but the way that I was taught at school really deterred me from pursuing any of my interests. I tried for around a year to teach myself to code from videos on different sites like Udacity and similar ones. I felt that although I had gained a lot of individual abilities and skills, I still felt uncomfortable building a deployable and usable application. Even worse I felt that I would never feel comfortable applying for an actual job with my set of knowledge. I decided to join Ironhack and it was the best decision I have ever made. The facility is awesome and was a fantastic place to both work as well as cool down during breaks. The rest of the students were all pretty cool and smart for the most part which also made the experience even better. The course does not only teach coding. It also actively ensures that you connect to members of the local tech community. Furthermore, they help you write your resume, make your linkedin, lecture you on interviews, and do countless other things to make you more easily hireable. I have never felt so confident in getting a job in my life. However, the absolute best part of Ironhack to me was the staff. It was a bit of a family and every single person in it was just on another level of nice. Even more than nice though we were always laughing and joking and getting genuinely enthusiastic about programming. The owner of Ironhack Ariel was around a lot of the time and he is one of the most genuine and respectable people I have met. The staff all around were just great people and great teachers. I learned so much and feel like I am picking a job now as opposed to finding one. Even further, I feel confident to run my own applications and sites all by myself. As I said, I hate school but love Ironhack. They teach you to actually create things instead of blind learning. It feels like more of an arts and crafts class than a science.  If you are not passionate about what you are doing right now you should sign up.

• Andres • Student

About me  .  . .

Background: Customer Services, IT Support, Communications

Programming Experience: HTML, CSS and JavaScript (no mucho)

Previous Courses: Udacity

Summary

The bootcamp itself was a stimulating and rewarding experience. Though, retrospectively I wish I had waited and deferred entry until I had done more pre-work on my own. The structure of the course was as intensive and fast-paced as I expected it to be. I still have mixed feelings on the tuition. Ultimately, this bootcamp will give you a good foundation in Ruby and Ruby on Rails but it will not lead to job. 8 weeks was not long enough and the reality of the job hunt means that it will take 32+ weeks.  Bootstrap and the JavaScript in this course will only get you so far and are not inline with local industry requirements.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pros

All the TAs were dedicated and were willing to explain things multiple times. At times I thought that they were overworked. There was only 11 of us; it was one of the smallest class sizes that I have ever had. However, due to poor filtering and selection of candidates the bootcamp had candidates of mixed abilities.

At times this was a real positive, I was sat next to Ivy League graduates and very capable web designers and multimedia producers. However, I felt that this was unfair on those who were quicker as they did not receive the attention that they paid for. Everybody has their own pace and everybody was better at one part of the curriculum or another.

At the beginning and end of every week we answered surveys. These allowed us to communicate changes that we wanted and Ironhack was very professional, responsive and flexible in making those changes when we asked for them. I cannot fault their customer service during the bootcamp. It was very impressive.

Cons

Hiring week and The Final Show was a disappointment. The people that had been assembled to view our projects were not in a position to hire. They were looking for Front End Web Developers with a lot more experience. They neither returned our emails or hired more than one person from the bootcamp (who eventually lost their job due to lack of funding). If Ironhack wants to improve it must offer solvent companies that actually have open positions.

Conclusion

Ultimately, I am glad that I have completed the course and learnt a great deal. The subsequent follow-up and job assistance was disappointing. I feel that an extended bootcamp with more focus on a portfolio or greater attention to career support would have helped. I got four interviews last year, three in Spain and one in London, England. Something definitely worked but I feel that this was not necessarily due to the career support that I was offered. I hope to continue my hunt later this Summer.

• Web Bootcamp
    - 4/10/2016
    Lee • Growth Hacker

There are few things that can change your life completely; where you live, your significant other, your work, etc. For me, Ironhack was one of these things. Through all of the 20 hour days, hundreds of coffee’s and endless frustration, I became a programmer. The experience was one of the most difficult, but most rewarding of my life. I found a job the night of the Hackshow, and I am now working as a Growth Hacker for a consultancy based out of London, named Earlybird. I’m able to use the skills I’ve attained from Ironhack to code TwitterBots, and implement metric tracking tools.  I’ve also been working with Dockbit, a deployment app built on rails, building the front-end for their metric displays.

The teachers in the program are incredibly knowledgable, and have a way of making you believe that you’re able to do everything. Along with them, the students, and outside network of companies and entrepreneurs available to Ironhack, make for an incredibly community that I am proud to be a part of.

Enrolling in Ironhack is one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life, and I hope it becomes yours too.

• Matias • Student

I've been a student in the Barcelona Bootcamp in October 2015.

Before joining Ironhack I had started my personal learning process but after some months of practicing javascript I felt lost and without a real guidance.

This world is exciting but at the same time you understand how important to learn fast is.

This is why I joined this bootcamp. Unfortunately I missed the first two days,  so I missed some basic concepts, that's why the begginning has been hard and sometimes overwhelming but in a week after I spent all my week-end studying and making exercises I've been able to catch up with the other guys.

The course is very intensive so in order not to loose track of the program you'll have to work hard and make a lot of exercises. One of the most important aspects of the learning process is that you'll acquire the method in order to face and solve the errors will be shown continuosly by your terminal.

The professors have been great and they were often available to help you also in extra hours.

All the staff was supporting but I think the greatest aspect has been to be all days in touch with my course-mates. Some of them became some of my dearest friends and we keep seeing each other every week and we keep talking also about codes as at the beginnings.

If before joining Ironhack I knowed nobody that was a coder now I can say that I'm constantly sarrounded by the coding world and I'm learning every day.

As an ex-student you are invited togheter to other people to meetup events and Ironhack also organize free events in the new campus such as workshops where you can be introduced to new technologies and where you can meet new people all time.

If you are looking for a new start in this field I suggest people to think seriously in engaging a course like this.

BTW, Barcelona is an incredible city, that's why I still here. The next course will be about catalan.

• Lara Hoya

Four years ago I finished my architecture degree, with the luck of finishing just in time for the crisis, when it was impossible to find work. Since then I haven’t stopped working and studying: I enrolled at University again (law degree), studied German, I worked at Zara and I've been a teacher for a while. I've spent the last years lurching from one thing to another not finding my place. Six months ago, however, I heard about Ironhack by chance. During the course I haven’t just met amazing people, but also I learned more than what I thought it was possible in just two months.
    I had never heard of anything related with programming, and today I work in Cabify developing their mobile application. Thanks to Ironhack Hiring Week I found a job that I enjoy and something that I love. It has not been easy but definitely worth it.

• Dani • Project Mamager • Graduate

it's a hell time but man, it really works. I was project manager with no coding knowledge and i can't belive howni was doing my job before ironhack. It's like a new job to me only understanding what i was doing.

• Hsiu-Yi • Graduate

I was a student in the 2016 Miami January-March Web Developer class.

The admission process is fairly thorough. I really like how the interviews give you a chance to experience what the course is going to be like. After the initial interview, you will receive a basic coding lesson to do on your own. I liked how short it was and at the same time challenging. The next interview is a technical interview with Nizar, the head instructor. At the interview I had to complete a coding challenge based on the lesson.

This is similar to how the real course is. Each day begins with lectures and a handful of short coding exercises. The lessons are on the Ironhack servers so if you miss a day or need to go back to review you can do so wherever you are. In the afternoon, you will be given a task to complete relating to what you learned in the morning. It is a very hands on approach. You will learn how to code by coding. You will also be really good at learning how to learn to code (mind blown). Ex. It’s easy to Google a coding problem but it takes a little more skill to read and digest the solution.

At any time during the lectures or afternoon exercises, Nizar, Josh (other instructor), and Karen (teaching assistant) will be around to answer any questions you may have. In addition the rest of the Ironhack staff will be around if you need to talk to them. Everybody is on Slack (communication app) so if they’re not around they will most likely be online. I like being able to look up from my laptop and get help right away.

In addition to learning how to code, you will also make friends and feel like part of the tech community. The classroom is on top floor of a shared workspace with 25 other companies. It’s really cool to see how other companies work and what they’re doing. I also like the monthly Pizza Friday. Everybody in the building gets to eat FREE pizza TOGETHER! There’s also a weekly newsletter about any tech meetups or events happening in South Florida.

For me, Ironhack was a way to get a career in the tech industry. Alida, who is charge of operations and growth, helped us with the career searching. I had my resume and LinkedIN redone to reflect the new skills I learned at Ironhack. It’s a process that lasts until you leave the course. At the end of the learning and coding portion, there’s a week of career building activities. Different companies will come in to interview you. I updated my resume and LinkedIN a few more times.

I feel really good about my skills and what I’m capable of coding. I’m also happy about all the friends I made in class and outside in the tech community. It’s an exciting time to be in the Miami tech industry.

• Worth it
    - 4/1/2016
    Rachel Guerin • Graduate

I went to Ironhack in order to update my technical skills, because let’s face it, technology waits for no-one. What I didn’t expect was how much Ironhack has done to help me fall in love with coding again. The course is intense, which is part of its charm, but retains a balance between everything we are taught so we leave with enough skill to become a valuable member of any quality tech team.

I could reel off catch phrases like TDD, frontend: HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery, backend: Ruby, Rails, postgres - but the most important thing I learned from Ironhack is the persistence to keep learning, because let’s face it, technology waits for no-one. Ironhack did not baby us. They supported our growth as professionals. I have absolutely no qualms recommending any and all of those colleagues of mine who ran the gauntlet with me and can call themselves Ironhackers. Let’s see if in a year or so I can wing another 8 weeks to do the mobile course just for fun.