ironhack-logo

Ironhack

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon, Madrid, Madrid, Mexico City, Miami, Miami, Paris, Sao Paulo

Ironhack

Ironhack offers 9-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time bootcamps in web development, UX/UI design, and data analytics in Miami (Florida), Madrid and Barcelona (Spain), Paris (France) Mexico City (Mexico), Berlin (Germany), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Sao Paulo (Brazil) and Lisbon (Portugal). Ironhack uses a customized approach to education by allowing students to shape their experience based on personal goals. Students who graduate from the Web Development Bootcamp will be skilled in technologies like JavaScript, HTML5 and CSS3. The UX/UI program covers Design Thinking, Photoshop, Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision, and JavaScript. Data Analytics covers data wrangling/cleaning, APIs, web scraping, and intermediate topics in Git, MySQL, Python, Data visualization, Panda, and Machine Learning. And the Data Analytics program allows students to load, clean, explore and extract valuable insights from datasets and cultivate languages scuh as Python, SQL and Tableau.

The admissions process for each program includes an online application, a personal interview, and a technical assessment.

Throughout each Ironhack program, students will get help navigating career development through interview prep, enhancing digital brand presence, and networking opportunities. Students will have a chance to delve into the tech community with Ironhack events, workshops, and Meetups. With more than 1,000 graduates, Ironhack has an extensive global network of alumni and +600 partner companies. Graduates of Ironhack will be well-positioned to find a job as a web developer, UX/UI designer or Data analyst upon graduation as all students have access to career services to prepare them for the job search and facilitating interviews in their city's local tech ecosystem.

Recent Ironhack Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (914) reviews for Ironhack →

Recent Ironhack News

Read all (27) articles about Ironhack →
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Full-time)

LocationMadrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 9 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    DepositYes
    Do you need help with the payment? Visit our Financing page: https://www.ironhack.com/en/financing
    Tuition PlansTuition varies by campus location
    ScholarshipIronhack offers an upfront scholarship of 10% off for any of our Web Development
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module.
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Part-Time)

MySQL, Git, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, SQL, Python
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 24 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time)

HTML, Product Management, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    LocationMiami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon
    This 9 week immersive course is catered to beginners with no previous design or technical experience. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep WorkThe Pre-work is a 40 hours self-guided content that will help you to understand basic UX/UI Design concepts and it will make you design your first works in Sketch and Flinto.
  • UX/UI Design Course (Part-Time)

HTML, Design, Product Management, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    The UX/UI Design Part-time course meets Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with additional online coursework over a period of 6 months. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level when the course begins.
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time)

AngularJS, MongoDB, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    This course enables students to design and build full stack JavaScript web applications. Students will learn the fundamentals of programming, with a big emphasis on battle-tested patterns and best practices. By the end of the course, students will have the ability to evaluate a problem and select the optimal solution using the language/framework best suited for a project’s scope. In addition to technical skills, the course will train students in how to think like a programmer. Students will learn how to deconstruct complex problems and break them into smaller modules. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing. A good programmer has a general understanding of the various programming languages and when to use them. A great programmer understands the fundamental structure and possesses the ability to learn any new language when required.

Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Part-Time)

• Just do it.
    Jessica González  User Photo
    Jessica González • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

WARNING: This is the longest review ever.

All right. I've been pretty excited to write this review. Honestly, these reviews were what helped me make a decision and although I’ve never written a review before for anything, I knew this one I had to write. I wondered what I would be writing once I finished the course; and I have to say that probably midway through the course I already knew: Just do it.

So, this review has two parts two it: Before Ironhack and During Ironhack. I wanted to give my story so that you have some context and maybe it’s similar to your own story and helps you make a decision. And if that doesn’t matter to you, then just scroll down to the second part :)

BEFORE IRONHACK

Upon my college graduation (earning a degree in communications — so not technical at all), I found a job for a small company located in a WeWork while still holding a part-time job at a restaurant. At WeWork, naturally, the job feed was filled with posts for developers. I saw how much opportunity there was and I decided to play around with programming with many of the free resources online. After realizing that it was something I could pursue professionally, I decided to quit my job at the small company so that I can work full-time at the restaurant and study so that I can become a developer. (Working for a restaurant is not as mentally strenuous as an office, so I figured I can at least make a living and study.)

Fast-forward a year.

I was still working at the restaurant and I was still studying. I missed my personal deadlines and extended deadlines before I thought going to a bootcamp would be a good choice. I was really reluctant to do a bootcamp because, honestly, the information is freely available out there so why should anyone pay for it. But I realized that the money that I would have saved by studying on my own, I already lost. If I had done the camp sooner, I could have had a job in tech sooner and I could have made back my investment already. Granted, some people can study this own their own and that’s awesome; I, however, am not one of these people. I could say that my only regret is that I didn’t do this sooner, but, honestly, I’m glad I ended up in the cohort I did because I met some amazing people that greatly impacted my experience.

DURING IRONHACK

Oh man. The first week wasn’t bad. We went over material that I had covered on my own so I felt pretty confident. The week after that? Yeah, things got harder. What’s interesting about the experience is that some concepts will just click and you’ll feel good about what you learned that day. Other days, some concepts just won’t click and you’ll leave with a pounding headache and feeling defeated. But you’ll come back the next day. You’ll go over that concept again — while learning a new one — and you’ll keep doing that. Eventually, it just clicks — but I really have to give thanks to Nizar, our instructor, for helping that happen. Nizar knew our weak points and knew what he was going to have to go over and over again. Sometimes he sounded repetitive, but the man knew what he was doing.

A little more about Nizar — he is an incredibly talented teacher. When you ask him questions, he won’t just give you the answer. He’ll guide you so that you arrive to the answer. And like I mentioned before, he knows students’ trouble spots. Sometimes he would jump through certain bits of the curriculum because he knew it would be better for our learning. He was even willing to give us extra time — during our final project week, we stayed with some of us until midnight helping put out all our fires. He didn’t have to do that. And I think the other amazing thing is that he was always encouraging you. He could tell that sometimes I would get frustrated, and he would just remind me kindly/matter-of-factly, “It’s going to get easier with time.”

The rest of the staff at Ironhack is amazing too. They’re all so interested in making sure that you have the best possible experience; granted, it's in their best interest to put out the best quality product, but they work hard at it and they know you’re here to change your life and they don’t take that lightly. They do weekly surveys so that they can constantly improve. They don’t just treat you like customers but like friends, sharing with you about their lives and experiences. And overall, they’re just genuine people which adds positivity to the environment.

Another staff member you’ll be interacting a lot with is Brito. He’s going to become more important later on in the course as you start getting ready to go to market. And, of course, he becomes really important as you actually go to market. The guy has a ton of connections (and he wants you to exploit them) and he is there to help you (and he will help you) — you just have to do your homework. (Some students got hired before we even graduated because of his contacts.) He is also the guy to tell it like it is — and that’s exactly what you want with someone who is supposed to help you land a job.

Another amazing thing about Ironhack is the environment. But again, the environment is founded on the people. You get to go everyday to this awesome co-working space surrounded by like-minded individuals. People who have decided to make a change in their lives and just go for it. That momentum is was catapulted my learning. I had peers who I could turn to when I needed help or they turned to me for help. You have an amazing support group for when you’re down and wonderful people to laugh with when you need a little break when you’re staying until 10 or 11 pm coding away. It’s really hard to find that and Ironhack has found it.

Overall, I wouldn’t trade my experience at Ironhack for anything. The environment is awesome, the staff is awesome, and the material is awesome. But the most important thing I learned (and I know you’ve already read this) is how to learn. Even with that year that I spent learning on my own and even taking a paid course at MDC, I learned more at Ironhack after the first week. This is just the tip of the iceberg and there is so much more to learn, but now I can build and learn while I do it. Do research, make a change, and give it your all. Wherever you decide to go - just do it.
  • Graphic Designer  User Photo
    Graphic Designer • UX/UI Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Honestly since day one Ironhack takes it to the next level , with everyone in the staff. the detail content that i learned is beyond my expectentions I know for a fact that the knowledge I gained is going to help me in the future.

When it comes to Maite (Instructor)  I'm extremely grateful of her passion for UX/UI and how she pushed us everyday, every hour to be better user friendly designers even at points of frustration and exhaustion the motivation was still strong. Everyday she came up with beautiful slides and sources of motivation for our cohort.

Our good cop Keri (TA) with her im just speechless, for a recent graduate Keri is an example of good designer and a beautiful human being .

Brito, if you just listen to this guy's directions you'll be extactly where you want to be in your career path in no time. Overall words can't really emphasize the support, good quality of content and amazing staff Ironhack has prepared for future alumni.

• Jason James  User Photo
    Jason James • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Why I Did the Bootcamp

I have a business background and decided to get into UX earlier this year.  If you look me up in Medium, over the holidays I will be posting a much longer post on how I made the decision to get into UX.

Many folks have learned and practiced design and web development on their own.  Make no mistake, it can be done - but since I don't have a design background, I wanted a program that could guide my learning.  But guess what - all of the other 8 students in the class had a design background of some sort and they found it worth to take the course as well.

The thing about design is that it's more than just making something look good.  It's about knowing how to solve a specific problem, applying best practices, AND making it look good.  And you can't do that in a vacuum, you need others to critique your work, you need to know how to work with clients and you need to know how to work with developers.  And that's what Ironhack exposes you too.

Before taking the course I read reviews not just about Ironhack, but about coding and design bootcamps in general, and some of the reviews were pretty bad.  Some said they didn't prepare you for an actual job in the real world, that they were just diploma mills and wanted your money.  I can't speak for the other bootcamps out there, but Ironhack is ballin'.

Finally, I am from Washington, D.C., relocating to Miami.  Getting into Miami Tech seemed daunting; I didn't know anyone, didn't know what companies were hiring, didn't know any contacts.  And now that I've just graduated, I can say while looking for a job is still a challenge, it is in no way daunting.  I know my stuff and I know what's out there.

About Ironhack

Before applying for the course, I visited Ironhack and one other bootcamp in Miami in person.  Irohnack is located at Building.co, a coworking space in Brickell (downtown Miami).  Right now I'm typing this to you from the rooftop patio on the third floor.  It's baller.  More importantly, our classrooms are nestled in between real tech companies that occupy space in the building.  At least once a week I run into the startup founder that won Refresh Miami's Tech Demo Day in October.  I'm not just learning about tech, I'm bathing in it.  Further more, the vibe here is just different.  I feel like I'm wanted here, like I belong here.  I've made what I think will be lifelong friends.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, the staff here is just... the real deal.  Really.  And they're respected in Miami Tech - I know this from attending networking events and mentioning that I'm an Ironhack student.  I've only gotten positive responses from saying that.

Alia, the GM, personally called me to congratulate me on getting into the program.  When my wife came to visit the course one day, she welcomed her as if she was another student.  You can't fake that.

Brito, the placements manager, is so well connected he probably knows Barack Obama and Obama doesn't even live in Miami.  And he's sincerely interested in our success.

Marisa, the program manager, and Pat, the admissions manager, are similarly supportive and friendly.

And finally, for the UX/UI fulltime bootcamp this past fall, we had the most amazing Instructors, Maite and Kerri.  Maite had done UX in Paris, London and I think New York and is world class.  Seriously.  She eats, sleeps, drinks UX.  Like I'm almost worried for her sometime that she needs to get to the beach more.  :-) . She pushed us very hard to be our best, yet I knew everyday she cared for us.  You can't fake that.

Keri, our TA, had completed the course previously and was the cheerleader we all need when completing a program like this.  It's hard.  If you give it the level of effort you need to be a great designer, it's even harder.  And she was always there, answering our questions and encouraging us through frustration.

In Conclusion

I don't know what the future holds.  There are no guarantees.  I know it's hard out there.  But as far as it relates to my professional life, where we all spend the majority of our days, I'm more hopeful than I've been in a long time.

Whether you choose to do a bootcamp or not or Ironhack or not, if you're reading this I hope you find peace and meaning in whatever you do, and live courageously enough to work through fear and pain to better yourself and others.

"Don't ask what the world needs.  Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.  Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

• Ironhack is amazing
    Marcos A. Palacios III  User Photo
    Marcos A. Palacios III • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Before I started Ironhack I did not know how to build a web page or even understand code. But after a 9 week course with an amazing instructor ("Nizar") and a great aid ("Dapper Dan"), I have learned many valuable skills and can create a webpage and/or site, as well as understand code in general.

I believe the most important thing I learned at Ironhack would be learning how to read code and debug issue's that I may come accross in my future while as a developer. Along with the help of a great placement manager ("Brito"), the future has many doors that will surely open up for my career change into the tech industry.

The staff at Ironhack is very pationate and always willing to help or give advice if needed. Ironhack is by far one of the better life choices I have made in my life and I would reccomend it to anyone looking to learn how to code. The entire staff deserves an award for the amazing work they do here at the school.

• Alejandra Del Valle  User Photo
    Alejandra Del Valle • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

If you're wondering whether you should join a coding bootcamp (and you are GENUINELY interested in pursuing it), stop what you're doing and APPLY RIGHT NOW.

The reason I write the above first is because that is what I saw in several reviews I had read when searching for the right bootcamp. Yet, every time I would always think to myself, "Is that really the truth, though? Will I regret making the jump?" So before I write the rest of my review, I can tell you that those reviews were right!

Before joining Ironhack, I was working at a digital marketing company in operations and product development (and before then I had just graduated with a bachelor in Architecture), so clearly I had zero coding experience prior to Ironhack. After about a year of debating whether I wanted to make a career change, I found Ironhack. I put my fear aside and reached out to ask for a campus tour here in Miami to get the ball rolling.

Application Process: The first person I met at Ironhack was Alia, and Alia does NOT dissapoint! I felt such a great energy from her and genuine interest in getting to know me and understanding why I wanted to join their program. Shortly after, I applied and scheduled my three interviews (general interview with admissions, career interview with Brito, and a technical interview where you must solve a coding challenge). All three interviews went great (again...the only experience I had was working with developers, but never the actual coding aspect). The moment I received a phone call from Alia that I was accepted into the program I immediately felt two things: extreme excitement with a side of fear of "what did I just get myself into."

Cohort (9 weeks): The structure of the class is exactly as they describe it on the site. Grab your coffee in the morning, learn, code, lunch, learn and code (did I mention the coffee is free and unlimited?!). What really made the course, though, was our instructor Nizar and we were so lucky to have him! The way he explains the concepts is very clear for the most part and, to someone with no coding experience, I was able to understand what he was teaching. He never says no when you need help, and what's great about it is that he doesn't just hand the answers to you. He makes you think about what it is you're doing and what you need to do to get there. Now, I'm not saying your journey will be easy, because it won't be. You need to put in the time inside and outside of class to make sure you're not falling behind. The course moves quickly, so it's very easy to fall behind if you're not keeping up. You will feel like (and I can only speak from the perspective of someone with zero coding experience), "Holy crap, there is an entire universe of coding that I did not know about," but don't get overwhelmed! Don't let it discourage you, but do expect to be learning for the rest of your life as we all know how quickly technology can change.

Finding a job: Brito, the recruitment manager at Ironhack, is also someone you will meet and never forget. Keep in mind, he is not there to hand you a guaranteed job on a silver platter at the end of the cohort - and he will make that very clear. He does a great job of coaching you on what networking events you should attend, what you need in your LinkedIn and in your resume, and is available whenever if you have any questions or need help. There is also a hiring fair where companies come in to sit and interview with you, I have yet to experience it as our fair is not until January, but it's great to know that we get the opportunity (thanks to Brito) to have that chance of "speed-dating" with several companies who are looking to hire.

Overall, my experience was amazing. I don't regret making the jump and am lucky to have been able to attend Ironhack. For the past 9 weeks it never felt like I was going to "school" and I was always excited to go in the next day to learn something new. The environment, staff and vibe of Ironhack was the cherry on top and I'm so glad that I chose to stay in Miami and attend their course. If you're reading this and you're still wondering whether you should apply....just do yourself a favor and do it already :).

• Just Do It
    ian izaguirre  User Photo
    ian izaguirre • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Before joining Ironhack, I was apprehensive at investing a few thousand to attend a coding bootcamp. I ended up taking the risk and choosing to go with Ironhack. There was not one day during my time at Ironhack that I regretted that decision. It has been one of the best and most powerful choices I have made, because it literally has life changing consequences.

What I came to realize, is the initial investment in a coding bootcamp, is exactly that … an INVESTMENT in yourself. Forget investing in other things that you have little control over, because the best choice you can make is investing in yourself by investing in your own education. I did weeks of research prior to joining Ironhack, and without any doubt it is the best coding bootcamp in Miami. I never felt like anyone was being fake with me, I never felt like I was being treated like a “number” in some education mill … this is absolutely nothing like that. My professor was Nizar and he was extremely intelligent, kind, and was accessible at all times. The whole staff is. One of the cool things about Ironhack, is witnessing staff members like Nizar, Brito, and even guest speakers, just staying for hours after their shift ends to teach and talk more with fellow students… When you see these things, you come to realize that Nizar, Brito, the guest speakers, all help because they truly love their job.  I think thats really the key difference your going to find, its like this perfect crew of people who love what they do, are passionate, and love playing a key role in helping others in their journey to success.

• Melvin Zantua  User Photo
    Melvin Zantua • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I just completed Ironhack's full-time UX/UI Design Bootcamp in Miami and I have to say it's probably one of the best decisions I've ever made for myself. The amount of knowledge and new skills you acquire in such a short amount of time is pretty amazing.

The most important skill I learned through the course was how to problem solve. The process of problem solving that we were taught isn't limited to just websites or apps, it can be applied to absolutely ANYTHING. Maite (Instructor) and Keri (TA) were such a great team that complimented each other. They were knowledgeable, resourceful, passionate and extremely supportive of everyone in the cohort which made for an excellent learning environment. They really knew the material and I'm so glad I was able to learn from them. Aside from Maite and Keri, everyone on the Ironhack staff were always friendly and helpful. One of the most helpful people there is Brito. He genuinely wants to see you land a job and he sets you up with the tools to do it.

I have to say that my overall experience at Ironhack was amazing. I made new friends and I learned new skills. It was very challenging at times, but totally worth it.

• Asier Cisneros  User Photo
    Asier Cisneros • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I come from the world of Advertising and Public Relations and until joining Ironhack I have worked in my own advertising agency, Green Proiekt, being responsible for the creative and design part.

Before Ironhack I had only worked on the Web design side, but I had never programmed before.

After finishing Ironhack, I can say that I have learned new technologies such as Angular, Nodejs, Express, MongoDB, Javascript...

It's an extremely hard Bootcamp in terms of the amount of content that is taught in just 9 weeks, but the level at which you leave the bootcamp is pretty high for a junior programmer position.

If you want to take advantage of the bootcamp you must take it seriously and focus only on the programming during those 2 months.

I recommend it for people who want to change their professional career, as well as people who want to complement their profile with the knowledge that is taught.

• Love Ironhack 😍
    - 12/20/2017
    My name is Robert E. Gonzalez 9 week ago i was feeling like an normal guys working and working without a dream now i find what i really like and that is ( Web Developer )   User Photo
    My name is Robert E. Gonzalez 9 week ago i was feeling like an normal guys working and working without a dream now i find what i really like and that is ( Web Developer ) • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Ironhack ( Miami-Bootcamp )

I just want to said that is my best experience ever in just 9 week i learn like ever i did before i just want to thanks God for help me with all of this, thank for all the people in Ironhack that help me to enter to this curse and now dicember 19/2017 im a graduted from Ironhack...

My name is Robert E. Gonzalez I invate to pass this experience...

God Bless US...

• Joshua Morales  User Photo
    Joshua Morales • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

When I first signed up for Ironhack I kept asking myself if I made the right decision. I was concerned about the price, if I would really get hired, if I'd leave feeling accomplished and fulfilled with the curriculum, and if it would all be worth it at the end.

All my doubts were crushed within the first week of the cohort. I loved our instructor, the entire staff, and made instant friendships with a good amount of my class. I was learning so much in a small amount of time, I felt pressure, but the pressure felt good. Every day I'd learn something new and with the curriculum, I was able to apply it right away to a project of my interest.

Prior to Ironhack, I was confused about what I wanted out of my future and thanks to this opportunity I know have the skillset to enter an evergrowing field that is highly in demand and is only growing with the technology around the world. I had received two phone interviews before even graduating so the hiring rate is real. If you work hard you will get opportunities, there is no doubt about that. I hope to close a job offer before the holidays to start 2018 with a career in this new field.

Thank you again Ironhack, you changed my life.

• Lydia  User Photo
    Lydia • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I just graduated from the full-time UX/UI design program and these last 9 weeks were life-changing. I'm not even exaggerating. Our teacher Maite taught us so much and really helped us to understand the material. All my classmates have become like my second family.

The school is in a beautiful building located in Brickell with an amazing staff. Someone even brings us coladas every day at 3:05 pm!

Brito has been great at preparing us for interviews and helping us find jobs. I highly highly highly recommend this program. I'm so grateful for it.

• Game changer!
    - 12/20/2017
    Alejandro Roman   User Photo
    Alejandro Roman • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was part of the Oct-Dec 2017 cohort at the Miami campus. This has been hands down the best decision I've made in my life. It is most certainly a game changer. If you are thinking about it, my advice, stop thinking and do it! I understand most people considering a web-dev bootcamp might be overwhelmed at the idea. However, it is not like what you are thinking, this is not a traditional college lecture or highschool classroom ( time flies by ). This is a new home and a new family. I think there was only one person in the cohort who had a degree related to computer science, other than that person, no one including myself had a computer science background. We still succeeded, in just 9 weeks we already had 3 projects under our belt and being able to do full stack apps on our own.

Much of what makes Ironhack what it is, is how the faculty interacts with each other and with the students. Their work culture is so amazing, they have a special type of relationship, nothing like I have ever seen before. Of course this translates to the students. The staff develops a relationship with the students and in my opinion this improves experience so much.

The learning doesn't stop there. At least for me, I took to learning other things during my free time. Things that weren't necessarily part of the curriculum, but I wanted to take advantage of having an instructor to which I could ask anything any time (literally any time. My instuctor would get back to me on Sundays! ).

Ironhack gives you all the tools you need to succeed. From how to write amazing software, to what to say to future employers (more of this below). Like anything in life the you have to do the work, but my Ironhack family definitly made so much possible. The most important tool that I learned at Ironhack was how to "LEARN". You can't expect to become a the best developer in 9 weeks, but you can expect you will graduate with knowledge on how to become one! If you put in the work, I can guarantee you this.

Nizar, our lead instructor is the man! The guy is legit one of the smartest people I've met, and one of the most patient as well! Trust me, dealing with me is no easy task. However, he was always there for me, and like I mentioned above, he even answered my questions on a Sunday. Rarely (very rarely) will he give you the answer to your problems directly, he does much more for you, he tells you how to be resourceful and where to look or something along those lines. You end up solving the problem on your own and because of this, you learn so much more. The whole teaching staff is amazing, Ironhack always have great T.A.s. Our T.A. Dappered dan was the man. He was also always accessible.

The experience does not end there. At Ironhack, they have a placement manager. His name is Daniel Brito. What do you need to know? Brito is one of the most connected people I've ever met. Everyone in the South Florida Tech ecosystem ( maybe all of South Florida ) knows who Brito is. His background makes him the most qualified person for the role. His been on both sides of the table when it comes to hiring. If you decide to take the course, make sure you follow his every word. Why? Well I did, and I had a job before the cohort ended. He will also never write your resume for you or give you an answer directly, but you can expect the most detailed feedback you could ever imagine. He knows exactly what employers look for and will get you to where you need to be if you put in the work!

I can comfortably say Ironhack that has changed my life and I am very grateful for this!