The admissions process for each program includes submitting a written application, a personal interview, and then a technical interview.
Throughout each Ironhack program, students will get help navigating career development through interview prep, enhancing digital brand presence, and networking opportunities. Students will have a chance to delve into the tech community with Ironhack events, workshops, and Meetups. With more than 1,000 graduates, Ironhack has an extensive global network of alumni and partner companies. Graduates of Ironhack will be well-positioned to find a job as a web developer or UX/UI designer upon graduation as all students have access to career services to prepare them for the job search and facilitating interviews in their city's local tech ecosystem.
Recent Ironhack Reviews: Rating 4.89
Recent Ironhack News
- July 2019 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup
- Compare Data Science Bootcamp Costs
- New Year, New Career? Learning to Code in 2019!
Start Date None scheduled Cost N/A Class size N/A Location Madrid, ParisThis course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 9 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
Minimum Skill Level Basic programming knowledge Prep Work 40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date January 20, 2020 Cost $6,500 Class size 16 Location Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico CityThis 8 week immersive course is catered to beginners with no previous design or technical experience. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
Minimum Skill Level None. Prep Work The Pre-work is a 40 hours self-guided content that will help you to understand basic UX/UI Design concepts and it will make you design your first works in Sketch and Flinto. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
More Start DatesJanuary 20, 2020 - Miami Apply by December 30, 2019
Start Date May 31, 2020 Cost $7,500 Class size 20 Location Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Berlin, Mexico CityThe UX/UI Design Part-time course meets Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with additional online coursework over a period of 6 months. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
Deposit 750€ or 9,000$MXN FinancingFinancing options available* with competitive interest rates. Skills Fund + Climb Credit
Minimum Skill Level Basic programming skills, basic algorithms and notions of object oriented programming. Prep Work 40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level when the course begins/ Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
More Start DatesMay 31, 2020 - Miami Apply by May 10, 2020
- In Person
Deposit $1000 Financing
- Monthly instalments available for 12, 24, 36 months (Quotanda)
Scholarship $1,000 Scholarship for women.
Minimum Skill Level Basic programming knowledge Prep Work 40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
More Start DatesJanuary 20, 2020 - Miami Apply by December 30, 2019
In PersonFull Time13 Hours/week24 Weeks
Minimum Skill Level Basic programming knowledge Prep Work 40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
More Start DatesMay 31, 2020 - Miami Apply by May 10, 2020
806 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- IronHack is an absolute professional experience!- 6/16/2017Christopher Thomas Pelnar • Lead Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time) • Campus: Miami
To anybody thinking about switching careers, IronHack is in my opinion the best school to get foundational training in software-engineering. You won't find another staff in the world working together to ensure your success in this field like they do. They have worked tirelessly and have gone above and beyond numerous times to ensure a students success. I will forever be grateful to their dedication and the passion they bring to their work. It truly shows.
- Life changing.- 6/15/2017Alvaro Rojas • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: MadridMy name is Alvaro, I'm 26 and I'm from Spain. I studied BSc in Business Management and MSc in International Trade, and before Ironhack I had worked as a tech & trade consultant for the Spanish Embassy. I also helped launch a beverage business in the US. Technology has always been my passion, and I decided if I wanted to work in the startup world, I had to become literate in the language that composes the products we create.
My experience with Ironhack couldn't have been better. The course was well structured and the pace was just right. We learnt the basic concepts and then focused on practical training for real world applications. The immersive nature of the program makes it easy to learn in three months, and the friendly environment definitely helps.
I am currently studying Digital Marketing at UCLA. I have since learnt Node.js and React on my own and I'm working on launching an application soon!Thanks Ironhack for making it possible!
- Muy buena experiencia- 6/14/2017Michela • UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Course: UX/UI Design • Campus: Madrid
Era lo que necesitaba para darle un giro a mi carrera como diseñadora gráfica.
Aprendí a presentar en público mis proyecto, a ganar confianza en mi misma y en lo que hago. Aprendí a organizar el proceso de trabajo para llegar a un buen resultado. Refresqué conocimientos y adquirí mucha información sobre lo que se maneja actualmente en la profesión, que era justo lo que estaba buscando. Aprendí mucho de mis compañeros, me tocó un grupo de personas excelentes con las que sigo en contacto y fueron muy importantes los dos meses.
La hiring week superó ampliamente mis expectativas, me han contactado por segunda vez casi todas las empresas.
Era insegura para las entrevistas y esa semana noté un cambio en mi bastante grande, que estoy segura que tiene que ver con todo el proceso de aprendizaje de los últimos meses.Fue muy interesante toda la experiencia y conseguí trabajo antes de terminar la semana.
- Un buen sitio para un gran cambio- 6/13/2017Daniel García • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time) • Campus: MadridAntes de comenzar IronHack, como ingeniero industrial, llevaba la dirección técnica del área eléctrica de la empresa donde trabajaba. Aunque tenía una carrera profesional encauzada, no me encontraba a gusto con hacía y decidí cambiar por completo de dirección hacia el mundo de la programación y las empresas tecnológicas.Dentro de Ironhack te encuentras muy cómodo en cuanto al trato, ya que todo el mundo intenta conseguir que encuentres a gusto y ayudarte a conseguir aprovechar al máximo la experiencia: desde los teacher assistants, hasta cualquiera que pase por allí y que te pueda ayudar.También hay que destacar que en Ironhack coincides con gente que, por distintos motivos, busca lo mismo que tú y en la que te vas a poder apoyar para poder llegar aún más lejos.Aunque el tiempo es limitado y hay muchas cosas a las que tienes que dedicar tu tiempo, consiguen que tengas una visión global y de cada una de las partes de una aplicación web, que puede ser desde algo pequeño como un site de venta online hasta Twitter.Una parte de la formación y del apoyo que te brindan se dirige directamente a la búsqueda de empleo, aportándote tácticas, caminos y consejos para que tardes lo menos posible en encontrar trabajo una vez que termines.En resumen, es una gran experiencia.
- Lo repetiría sin duda- 6/10/2017Tucker JJ Pérez • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Madrid
Antes de entrar estaba desempleado, lo último fue montar un negocio con unos amigos que no tuvo la tirada esperada. Había tenido muchas experiencias laborales sobre todo de IT en sistemas, y alguna muy casual de desarrollo.
Mi experiencia fué fantástica, superando toda mis expectativas, incluyendo el agotamiento!. Te lo podrán contar, pero hay que vivirlo. Increíble la implicación del equipo de Ironhack y como la transmiten a los alumnos. Un día a día de retos, trabajo, pero también de diversión. Donde te llevan al límite pero están atentos de que no caigas. Lo “sufriría” otra vez.
A parte de aprender las diferentes tecnologías, que es obvio. Aprendí sobre mis límites y capacidades, a trabajar en equipo, a presentar mis proyectos, etc. cosas que quedan más allá de la parte técnica pero igualmente importantes y que en otros sitios se dejan de lado.
Lo que más me gusto fué el ambiente, sobre todo el compañerismo, y lo podría resumir en el hecho de que estando a pocos días de la presentación del proyecto final, con el agua al cuello y estrujando cada minuto para finalizarlo, cualquiera de los compañeros sacaban un momento para pararse y explicarle a otro cualquier duda.
- Amazing experience- 6/9/2017Manuel Figueroa • Web developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Madrid
Before Ironhack I was a civil engineer searching for a job in Spain but all the job offers I use to receive were for working in Middle East or South America, that's why I decided to turn my career around and become a developer.
The experience couldn't be better. I had an amazing time doing the bootcamp, not only because lectures were very dynamic and exercises fun to be solved. I do also found real friends, either classmates or teachers.
I learned to code and became a real Web Developer in a record time, but the best I learnt, was that you can achieve all you set out for yourself. It doesn't matter if it's a programming language, a new framework or a new career, you can do it.
Right now I'm a Ruby on Rails Developer at NEORIS AND I'm in charge of the backend for Santillana App. Definitely Ironhack served me to accomplish this challenge. I think is an amazing academy and I recommend it to anyone who wants to improve his skills.
- Make your project real- 6/7/2017Eduard Calderon Romero • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time) • Campus: Barcelona
Ironhack is the best experience to learn how to develop web applications. They teach you the most important knowledge from the most basic to the most complex, to be a good full satck developer. Above all, Ironhack insists a lot on teamwork and on a methodology of work and management of projects which is highly valued in the future. The work environment is fun and friendly, with constant interaction.
In addition, throughout the course, the instructors are very aware of you and the TA are there always, for any need.
The atmosphere of work and relations between workers and colleagues is unbeatable, with very good events and constant communication! Nice place to feel good!
The events, workshops, masterclasses,... are of great quality with professionals from different sectors, with a very wide experience. Networking is constant.
Once the course is over, the facilities for finding work increase exponentially. In addition, in my own case, you can launch your own project and be part of the industry. Make a dream come true.
- My @ironhack experience by @jimeno0- 6/6/2017Carlos P. Jimeno • Full stack developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Madrid
My @ironhack experience
On my whole life I never knew what was my passion until I discover code.
Y started my professional studies as a survey engineer because I liked maps and i was good with maths and all of this engineer stuff. Later then when I finished my career I tried to work on this but because of the crisis there was close to any job on my sector and I decided to do a GIS Master.
During the Master I found by chance code & programming and I fall in love with it.
It all happened a few months before start the Ironhack and back then I tried to learn it all by my own to be able to work in the stuff I figured out I love.
But the thing was that if I wanted to change my whole professional career I couldn't do it just doing some courses time to time. I needed a shock therapy and then I decided to course the ironhack bootcamp.
It was two hard months of coding trying to do my best and learning as much as I could. Lots of code hours, lots of frustration but also lots of persistence and fun figuring out how to solve things.
The best thing I learned? You can create everything you want with code and you can learn whatever you dare yourself to (I.E. during the course I learned alse React+Redux and include those techs in my final project).
In the personal field I meet lots of interesting people (currently friends) Which who I can talk now about code and for sure have some beers :)
As a reward of my hard job at the Ironhack bootcamp I started to get job offers after the minute 0 before Ironhack and now I can say that I made the right choice by choosing work at Influencity.
My recommendation to work as happy as I think I am at the moment? Choose an epic team over anything! 🍻
Carlos P. Jimeno
- Great Program!- 6/5/2017John Conley • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate • Campus: Miami
The education I received at Ironhack was top rate. The instructors and staff are very knowledgeable and have given me the skills to create things that I could've never dreamed of before! I would recommend (and have recommended) Ironhack to anyone looking to get their start in the tech field.
- My Ironhack experience- 6/5/2017Victor • Full-stack web developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: MadridBefore I joined Ironhack I was working on temporary jobs, or I was unemployed and looking for new opportunities and usually studying on my own.IH has been a very positive experience, my main goal was to find something where I could focus my career on, and I think I've found it.It may sound like a cliché, but I think at IH I have "learn to learn" when it comes to programming. The best part by far was the good environment with the rest of ironhackers, there was very good vibes, everyone was helping one another to learn.My final goal was to get a stable job as a programmer. At the moment I'm working in a company that came to see us on the "hiring week", so everyone should guess if the bootcamp was worthy for me
- My Ironhack Story- 6/3/2017Christie Goldstein • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time) • Campus: Miami
I completed my Ironhack bootcamp in between my Sophomore and Junior year of college. I had been studying Computer Science at shool and had taken a few programming course before starting. I did know how to code, but I had difficulties when entering higher level courses since I thought my foundation was not strong and that I lacked having a full understanding of basic programming fundamentals. I also had no idea what type of programming field I wanted to enter since I was only 20, so applying for an internship was difficult. I really wanted to take my 3 month summer vacation and learn a lot, which was when I turned to Ironhack.
Ironhack was the best decision I made as a programmer. I still am amazed at how much I learned in 10 weeks. The circulum of the Web Development bootcamp was outstanding. I was learning languages I wasn't getting the opportunity to work on at school, and it focused on both Back-end and Front-end development, so I got to see what type might interest me to later on pursue as a career. The experience was long and tedidous, but I would recommend it to ANYONE seriously interested in programming. Although I had expierence coding beforehand, I ALWAYS felt a challange at Irohack and was constantly learning. I cannot say enough amazing things about the lead instructor, Nizar, and the T.A., Nick. They dedicate so much time and effort to make sure everyone in the class is on the same page. Both would answer any questions I had. I was finally having those "aha" moments where concepts finally clicked that I was missing at school!
Although it was definitely rigorous, the Ironhack environment was always so much fun. There was never a day that I wasn't excited to come into class. I loved the partnered exercises. I really felt that they were beneficial since you will always be working with people in a work environment. The assignments you work on are about interesting topics such as creating a movie triva game or using the Spotify API. For the final project, the topic is up to you, and working on it was definitely my favorite part of the bootcamp. Not only did I really see the progress I made, I got to work on an idea that I was passionate about and turn it into a fully functional website.
When I returned to school in the fall, I felt so much more confident going into my classes and interviews. I now have a fully active GitHub that showcases all my hard work throughout the course, and I still use it today.
- Expectations fulfilled- 6/2/2017Alejandro Huerta • Front End Developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: MadridMy background: I finished my computer Science Engineering 10 years ago, since then I have been working mainly as systems Engineer , having very little programming involved at my work.I´m a very practical person whow has always pretty clear my objectives , so the decision to go to Ironhack was taken after months of careful research pursuing the best option and valuing what steps should I make on my professional career.Just before the bootcamp I was working as an IBM Presales Engineer in a mixed role : half technician / half commertial). The technical part did not involve programming .IronHack has fullfilled the expectatives i had for the bootcamp: First getting used to programming and the new technologies used by the market at this day, Second find a Job right after the bootcamp so I could start as soon as possible to program and keep growing as a programmer, I acomplished both at the end of the bootcamp ( on the job part I had 2 offers just by one week of interviews).I would recommend the experience , even though a minimal comprension of programming is required , any person with passion and hardwork can pass it through. I enjoyed mostly every day with new practices and new things to learn and hard challenges to confront everyday , lets be clear about this ,Ironhack its not easy and is very intentse, but the benefits adquired through strugling and frustration are more rewarding with the system it has ( having to do a weekly proyect on week 3 already).I´m currently working as a FrontEnd Developer developing an application running in Angular ( one of the technologies covered by the bootcamp) at a digital marketing company that develops its own solutions. Having done several proyects at IH made my integration at the developer´s team very fast and within the first month I was on the same programming path as my companions.About the staff and professionals that works at IronHack i´ve got no complains as they were trustworthy and had the knowledge I seeked to fulfill my goals. I also had luck having great fellow students that were encouraging each other whenever one got stuck over difficult issues .If you are researching IH I think the best way is to ask one of the ex-alumni that are over internet, linkedin or even in person at the events. They would probably tell you that they dont regret the experience and solve many doubts you may have.
- Ironhack Experience- 6/1/2017Simon Acosa • Student • Course: Front-End Web Development • Campus: Madrid
Before attenging Ironhack Madrid, I worked in Miami for a company related to technological products and LED illumination, named Airis USA. I was the Operations Supervisor and was in charged of the whole operations of the company since the Operations Manager was not in town always.
My experience at Ironhack was amazing. Amazing because at first I was lost and thought that I have made a mistake, but as time passed and I learned more, I was so amazed with my abilities and my coding, that I couldn't believe.
I learned to learn from mistakes and that to be an expert in something you need to practice and never give up. The best aspect of Ironhack was the environment in which you learn to code. The teachers, assistants, managers, and collegues are always so open to help and motivate to give the best effort always.
Right now I am back at my home country, Ecuador, working in a digital consultancy company. I work as Digital Account Manager, although it sounds more as a business related position, I am always in touch with programming and programmers in order to deliver the best project. I am not 100% of time coding, due to the fact that I have a business background as well, but I continue learning from the programmers in the company.
- Great choice for change of career- 5/30/2017Al Delcy • Full Stack Develloper • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp (Part-Time) • Campus: Miami
I attended Ironhack in March 2016 and it was probably the best move I've taken in a while. I was able to learn a lor of great tools that I always wondered about in Web Development as well as reinforce some of my self-taugth knowledge.
The instructors and TA were amazing and always ready to help. The staff gave us their full attention and helped us navigate the areas wer struggled in in order to maximize our time at the bootcamp.
The facility and location are both great and the environment at BUILDING.co was fun and inviting.
- Great Experience!- 5/29/2017Gonzalo • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: MadridMy experience at Ironhack was very positive.The pace of the bootcamp is very intense and requires practically exclusive dedication, but the result is worth it.I learned totally unknown technologies. I am currently working with them on a company that hired me a week after finishing the Bootcamp.No doubt, Ironhack has helped a lot to the turn I wanted to give in my life.
- Intense..but awesome!!- 5/24/2017Victor • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Madrid
It was really demanding, but it was exactly what I was hoping. I really enjoy being under pressure every day, giving the best. Obviously some days it was really frustrating, because you can´t overcome an issue, but that´s part of the course, you need to learn to surpass the frustation. Without notice, I learned a huge amount of things, and after some weeks I felt ready to confront any challenge. On my personal experience, I learned a lot about coding environment . I came from a super different background, where almost everything has really similar ways of doing things. What is awesome about coding, is that you have thousands of ways to do things. So I can say, I learned to learn, and take my scares off about coding. The best? The everyday environment at school, it was awesome, the classmate and the staff was incredible and make a huge working making the 12hs a day really bearable. I really enjoy the hiring week, unlike any other I have had, I think the key about this one is that you got 10 minutes with every employeer to show your projects and talk about your working expectations. This is awesome, because first of all, it force you to talk to every company, and in the same way, force the employeers to pay atention to you in those 10 minutes.
- my Ironhack experience- 5/22/2017Federico • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time) • Campus: Miami
The most imporant skill that I learned at Ironhack, other than coding, was being able to pick new technologies fast and being able to understand complex technical manuals.
Nizar was the most patient teacher I've ever met, and he always was able to explain things in an easy-to-digest way, a true guru!
The Ironhack staff was also amazing, everybody is bright, has a cool story to tell and can help you in several ways. A special thanks goes to Daniel Brito, the placement manager, for going the extra mile for me and assuring I was keeping good relationship with the employers.
The classroom environment is futuristic! You are catapulted into the Miami startup world, and every piece of furniture and color shows an environment full of energy.
IronHack jumpstarted my career and gave me amazing opportunities stright out of graduation. I suggest it to all!!!!!!!!!
- Beneficial Experience- 5/22/2017Daniel B. • Campus: Miami
Took the program about a year ago.
The environment was great
People you meet along the way really make the experience that much more enjoyable.
Challenging. You will end the program feeling like you can do anything.
(Learning this from scratch takes a lot of determination but it's doable.)
Very lucrative field of work
- 20 Students in a class with 1 Teacher and a 1 TA seems a bit ridiculous for a group of people that, for the most part, have never seen this material before.
- Only 1 person with more than 3 years of experience in the field helping us
- Majority of the course material you do in the course is available on the internet for free through other sources
- Once the course is through, no friendly interaction from any of the staff. Plenty of marketing emails though.
You basically get an introduction to a lot of different things. Before you fully grasp anything, you are on to the next thing. It's fast-paced, and you will have much more studying and learning to do after the course. (Not in the lifelearning type of way, but more in the playing catch-up on 2 years missed experience type of way.)
Placements manager knew his stuff and gave a lot of insight into what the recruiters are looking for. He provides you with plenty of resources and does a great job following up and staying on your ass. Do all that he says and you can't go wrong.
- Product is as described- 5/17/2017Max Getz • Digital Product Designer • Graduate • Course: UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time) • Campus: Miami
When i had decided to attend Ironhack i had already been considering similar bootcamps for a few months. I had read great reviews about it online and they touted an excellenct job placement record. i find it's not very good to take information like that for granted, and so i enrolled with a healthy amount of skeptisism.
The course was fast paced, but not so much that it felt overwhelming. The way the course is structured encourages teamwork among the class, and fosters a sense of "we're all in this together" that adds to the learning experience immensly. I met some fantastic people in the course, some of whom i remain in business with today. Everyone has their stengths and weaknesses. When someone in the class felt like they were losing grasp on the material the teachers and staff acted accordingly, spending time and focusing on the individual learning needs of each student. By the end of the couse even the most technologically adverse students were competent UX/UI proffesionals.
Less than two weeks after the end of the program i was one of the first in the class to get hired thanks to Brito (the job placement counselor) who is very well connected in the Miami tech world. If you think of this class in terms of acheiving a return on your investment, i dont think you can really beat this.
- One of the best decisions of my life.- 5/2/2017Daniel Rodriguez • UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Course: UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time) • Campus: Miami
Last year of college, studying accounting and preparing for a life filled with debits, credits, and T-Accounts... Decide to pursue a scholarship opportunity in a field I'd always wanted to study but was never taken serious about it by others. The scholarship was being given by Uber to attend ironhack's school of UX/UI . I Make it past the first round, then the next, then the next. A month later I actually win it, and I'm in an amazing building (literally called building) surrounded by dozens of like-minded individuals that all share the same passion for entrepeneurship, design, and development. This is the place I'd meet my future UX Design lab co-founders, the place I'd meet the best career placements manager in all of Miami, and the place I'd unlock my hidden potential I've always been too scared to chase. From the instructors to the management, Ironhack was trully a gateway to an industry I thought I'd never be apart of.
I made the mistake of not pursuing a degree in graphics/design 3 years prior, but this one decision made it all worth it. I was able to apply years of business experience to a user centric design role and excel in all my course work. The instructors guided me every step of the way, particularly Joel, a master of his craft. Here I learned the foundations of good UX, and the ebb and flow that ties it with UI. I was given foundational lessons on industry standard software, that I would then go on to master on my own. All while never forgeting the last thing Daniel Brito (placements manager) said at our orientation. "You get what you put it." Boy was he right. Hours upon hours, days upon days. I grinded and gave it everything I had. I built a portfolio strong enough to challenge senior positions. I built a company with classmates, good enough to be contractionally hired wihin a week of incorporating. I began a path I'd never look back on, and In the end, it was only right that Daniel Brito would be the one to connect me with what would go on to be my first professional full-time (benefits, and a hell of a starting salary) job as a UX/ UI Designer.
My names Daniel Rodriguez, and I am an Ironhacker.
- Are you up for the challenge?- 4/25/2017Oscar G • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time) • Campus: Miami
Iron hack was an excellent experience for me, the most important thing I gained was the high level understanding of development and the current technologies that exist within web development. Now if I hear a client say they need xyz I automatically understand what tools could provide them with a solution. When I look at a website I understand the components that make up that website.
The instructors are extremely patient, the T.A.s are very helpful and the staff in general (including one of the co-founders who could be seen there regularly) make you feel very much like you are part of the Iron Hack family. This school is effectively filling in the gap in an industry that badly needs it. While many online courses will teach you syntax and many college courses will teach you theory, at Iron Hack you will gain the practical skills necessary to enter today’s workplace and build a portfolio of your work.
One of the most valuable parts of Iron Hack is the Placements Manager Daniel Brito and the services he provides. These services go beyond job placement, you will learn how to become part of the South Florida tech ecosystem (which I didn’t know existed before this course) which is essential in the development of your career. Here you will meet other developers, business owners, marketers and entrepreneurs.
- Learn fast and well- 4/18/2017Benjamin • Backend developer • Graduate • Campus: Barcelona
I’m a civil engineer with great interest in learning new technology and I made a total professional reconversion as web developer doing Ironhack, in Summer 2014 in Barcelona.
Ironhack allow me to find a job as web developer quickly and this was the most important for me.
The most interesting for me was that the teacher are profesional. They come from Spotify, Ebay and Xing and they teach us how to code, but also how to do a job interview, how they work, some tricks they use all the day.
It has been also very important for me, that they teach me how to test code and agile methodologies.
The staff has been a very big support for me. It was composed by the TA's(Teacher assistant), the bootcamp manager and the funder (Gonzalo). They help me a lot to improve my professional profile and making it attractive for the IT ecosystem.
In terms of installation, they was pretty good. The bootcamp was based in a Co-working space. Right now in Barcelona, the bootcamp is based in the Ironhack space, and it's amazing space.
- Ariel Deschapell • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Miami
I graduated Ironhack's fulltime full-stack web bootcamp December 2016, and it was perfect for greatly accelerating my ad-hoc career in tech. As someone who already felt comfortable with code and in the process of teaching myself web development, I was initially dubious of the value Ironhack had to offer me. However the friendly/talented/awesome staff and general atmosphere won me over, and I've never had any regrets. I've learned much more than I could have hoped to with an equivalent amount of time on my own, and made great friendships and connections throughout the process. Both in Ironhack and the local tech scene, which they are very well integrated with (Go Brito!).
I highly recommend this course to almost everyone desiring a career in or related to software development. I say "almost", because it is absolutely essential that you be a passionate self-starter. This course is a shortcut only in time, not effort. If you expect to put in minimal effort and get a job immediately upon graduation, especially with little or no prior programming experience, you will be sorely disappointed. However, if you commit yourself to mastering the material and putting in the long hours not just to practice, but to network in the various tech events they make you aware of, there's truly no limits to the number of opportunities that you will be presented with.
Ironhack will set you up for success. It's up to you to take advantage of it.
- Ironhack Miami- 4/10/2017Alison • Digital Analyst • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time) • Campus: Miami
Moving down to Miami from New York was one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life, however I completely underestimated the job market and I definitely would not be where I am today if I had not enrolled in Ironhack. After researching and getting admitted to the Web Development bootcamp, I immediately felt as though I was kickstarting my life. A full emersion environment with like minded individuals who all want your best interest was more than anything I had been exposed to before. Having studied Systems Engineering for 5 years at GWU, I had never received the attention and passion that Ironhack provided me with. The instructors as well as the TA were extremely helpful and willing to go over any bit of information that I was confused on, stuck on, or wanted to learn more about. I never thought that in 8 weeks I would fully develop a new skill, and learn multiple new programming languages and be able to single handedly create a full functioning web application. This is something that made me a more desirable candidate in conjunction with my data analytics and system engineering background.
The journey only begun there, however. The staff at Ironhack has somehow figured out a way to make each and every student feel as though they are the number one priority. Whether it was one-on-ones throughout the course to just check on your status and how you’re feeling, all the way to standing strong with me when I was ready to give up multiple times in finding the correct job for me. Daniel Brito specifically refused to let me give in to my doubts on finding the job culture fit for me. Although Ironhack was amazing with placing students in positions, I wanted THE position – the ultimate job, and I refused to settle on anything less than that. I have never met anyone who has more connections in a city than Brito, and it was almost humorous to me how almost every job I interviewed for, someone knew him and always in a positive light, which only made me have more faith. Ultimately when I began restructuring my job search, it was single handedly the fact that my resume was in the hands of the right people at the right places that I was able to get the opportunities that I did. And, I would not have had that advantage if I didn’t do Ironhack and have Daniel Brito as a career coach. Having finally started the next steps in my career at a well known fashion e-commerce company, I finally feel that I am in the environment right for me with the co-workers who can help me in growing with the company and excel in my role. And as it turns out, I got the interview since my boss had my resume on file from one of his best friends, Daniel Brito, and the with the right knowledge base and personality, I was able to secure the position. I could not have asked for a better job placement experience, and I can say that I legitimately owe it to Ironhack.