ironhack-logo

Ironhack

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon, Madrid, Madrid, Mexico City, Miami, Miami, Paris, Sao Paulo

Ironhack

Ironhack offers 9-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time bootcamps in web development, UX/UI design, and data analytics in Miami (Florida), Madrid and Barcelona (Spain), Paris (France) Mexico City (Mexico), Berlin (Germany), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Sao Paulo (Brazil) and Lisbon (Portugal). Ironhack uses a customized approach to education by allowing students to shape their experience based on personal goals. Students who graduate from the Web Development Bootcamp will be skilled in technologies like JavaScript, HTML5 and CSS3. The UX/UI program covers Design Thinking, Photoshop, Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision, and JavaScript. Data Analytics covers data wrangling/cleaning, APIs, web scraping, and intermediate topics in Git, MySQL, Python, Data visualization, Panda, and Machine Learning. And the Data Analytics program allows students to load, clean, explore and extract valuable insights from datasets and cultivate languages scuh as Python, SQL and Tableau.

The admissions process for each program includes an online application, a personal interview, and a technical assessment.

Throughout each Ironhack program, students will get help navigating career development through interview prep, enhancing digital brand presence, and networking opportunities. Students will have a chance to delve into the tech community with Ironhack events, workshops, and Meetups. With more than 1,000 graduates, Ironhack has an extensive global network of alumni and +600 partner companies. Graduates of Ironhack will be well-positioned to find a job as a web developer, UX/UI designer or Data analyst upon graduation as all students have access to career services to prepare them for the job search and facilitating interviews in their city's local tech ecosystem.

Recent Ironhack Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (931) reviews for Ironhack →

Recent Ironhack News

Read all (30) articles about Ironhack →
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Full-time)

LocationMadrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 9 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    DepositYes
    Do you need help with the payment? Visit our Financing page: https://www.ironhack.com/en/financing
    Tuition PlansTuition varies by campus location
    ScholarshipIronhack offers an upfront scholarship of 10% off for any of our Web Development
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module.
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Part-Time)

MySQL, Git, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, SQL, Python
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 24 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time)

HTML, Product Management, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    LocationMiami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon
    This 9 week immersive course is catered to beginners with no previous design or technical experience. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep WorkThe Pre-work is a 40 hours self-guided content that will help you to understand basic UX/UI Design concepts and it will make you design your first works in Sketch and Flinto.
  • UX/UI Design Course (Part-Time)

HTML, Design, Product Management, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    The UX/UI Design Part-time course meets Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with additional online coursework over a period of 6 months. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level when the course begins.
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time)

AngularJS, MongoDB, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    This course enables students to design and build full stack JavaScript web applications. Students will learn the fundamentals of programming, with a big emphasis on battle-tested patterns and best practices. By the end of the course, students will have the ability to evaluate a problem and select the optimal solution using the language/framework best suited for a project’s scope. In addition to technical skills, the course will train students in how to think like a programmer. Students will learn how to deconstruct complex problems and break them into smaller modules. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing. A good programmer has a general understanding of the various programming languages and when to use them. A great programmer understands the fundamental structure and possesses the ability to learn any new language when required.

Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Part-Time)

• Pepe  User Photo
    Pepe • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Excellent choice to get introduced into Data Analytics. It's been only 4 weeks and the progress is exponential. I would recommend the bootcamp not only if you want to change your career path towards Data Analytics but also to acquire some hard skills use data in other roles / industries.
  • Alberto Ibarra  User Photo
    Alberto Ibarra • Data Analyst • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I wanted to make a career change for a while, but I did not know where to begin, I had the opportunity to dedicate 9 weeks to myself to learn something new with a deep level to make it professionally, that was what Ironhack did to my career in that short amount of time, I not only learned the foundations, but let me use that new knowledge into something real, all the time learning by doing, coding 8 to 12 hours per day, and solving any doubt as fast as it gets, but also learning how to solve that doubts by myself. After the course, the career services had followed my progress to find a new job, and even some times that job takes some time to happen, they have been with me the all way long, with tips, job offers, one-on-one advisory, group advisory, career fairs events, and all the necessary to find a new job in the tech industry. I'm very glad to have the opportunity to do this program, and I am absolutely convinced that this was my first strong step in my new career as a Data Analyst / Data Scientist / Data Engineer
  • Lars Hansen  User Photo
    Lars Hansen • Full-stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience as a student and later help teacher in Ironhack was nothing short of amazing. As an added bonus, the beer is both cheaper than it was in Oslo (where I'm from) and better, and you get to share that beer with people that - even though you only study with them for 2 months - you will remember and know for the rest of your life.

I am writing this review 2 years after finishing my bootcamp. One of the things I remember reading about (which I kind of doubted before starting) was the friendship everyone said you develop with co-participants, and how tight you become as a group.

I was proven wrong. The Ironhack staff of Berlin almost forced us to become good friends! Now now, hear me out. After a first day of introduction games, name games and an already overwhelming amount of work, the participants would go out together and have a drink. And after a hard day's work (and on every Friday!) we would do the same. We had pair-programming everyday during classes and did independent projects in pairs or trios. The work is so intense, and you spend so much time with your peers, that by the time the first week is over, it will feel like you've already known the others for a long time. You end up with a sort of "us against the work"-mentality because of the sheer amount, where you just have to band together to beat the monster that is the Daily Exercise.

I feel that I don't really need to say much about the effectiveness of Ironhack's teaching. I got a job after 1 month. I had zero prior coding skills, or even math skills, just an interest for gaming and technology. Most of my cohort got a job in way less time, many even before the camp ended.

I got to be a help teacher after my bootcamp and can give a few tips, as some of the difficulties students had were similar in the next group.
    - Read up and get as good as you can before the bootcamp. I was not particularly well prepared (I would say average to below average skill level), and had to work that much more. Don't do what I did. Don't procrastinate the pre-work. The workload is massive, and "getting back on track" when you start off-track is really, really hard.
    - Additionally, go out with the other participants! Get a beer (or ten)! Switch places in the classroom! Say yes to all the outings and beers and lunches and whatnot. Remember that when you're done there, your skill level is only one part of the picture. Your network and friendships are the stuff you actually remember. And practially speaking, I now have multiple contacts within the tech industry from all around the world. So make it a good experience by having fun, and not drowning in the work, and it's a win-win.
    - Take some distance. Take at least one day off per week. Don't "use the weekend to get back on track" (you will say this at some point). You will need the time off in the long run, just trust me on that.
  • David Colatti  User Photo
    David Colatti • Junior UI Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    At first I was in between 2 coding bootcamps in Miami however my friend, that works at Apple as a QA Engineer had told me to look into Ironhack. I never heard of them before, they were not the cheapest but I was not worried about price but I wanted to get the best experience out there.

I did the full time cohort and it has changed my life forever. I was previous cold calling small businesses for a living for about 4 years and I quickly realized that I needed a valued skill that I can build on. I was highly interested in programming so I decided to pursue it full time! It was not easy.. the bootcamp was 400 hours however I put in well around 1000 hours into 9 weeks. It was so worth it! 4 months later, I am writing this but now have a great job position doing what I genuinely feel that I love doing, programming.

The most important skill set I feel that I received the understanding how to learn and that it's okay to feel incapable even though you are completely capable.

The staff was very easy to work with! Sometimes you have your doubts if they are really there for you to help but I understood that is just a way to make you use your brain and learn your self. I also felt some disorganization during enrollment however that was not the case as the admissions manager was actually replaced and they actually were very on top of their game!

When I originally signed up for Ironhack Full Time Web Dev cohort I was very excited for the in person experience but then COVID hit and nobody was prepared. I had my doubts that I would learn anything but Ironhack over exceeded my expectations. It seemed as if they prepared since the beginning! Today, I would choose to do it all over again remotely compared to in person. I feel that I would have more time to code after classes since I am at home compared to making the commute and then later finding time to open my laptop again.

The career week has been outstanding and tons of practical help to back you up with applying and finding your first position! I was fortunate enough to find a job even before the career week started but choose to do it anyways to better understand for future opportunities.

Overall, coming from somebody with 0 technical background, I would highly recommend Ironhack to anybody that asks me. I would say it is NOT for the faint heart but a very lucrative investment for your future and the relationships with the Ironhack family is priceless. I am looking forward to the rest of my life and what is to come, all the credit it due to Ironhack Miami!
  • Daphne  User Photo
    Daphne • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I don't think a coding Bootcamp is for people who don't know anything about coding, but the good thing about Ironhack is that they have an admission process to help ensure students admitted into the course have what it takes to succeed, there is also a very extensive pre-work to be completed before the classes start. Other than that, the instructor Niko is extremely patient and dedicated, there were days during project week when he stayed until 11 PM helping students finish their projects. Finally, one of the best services Ironhack provides is the career services, Brito is extremely helpful and puts on a great job fair during career week. I didn't get a job during career fair but I was contacted by 3 of the companies after the job fair, unfortunately, none of them worked out, but it was a great way to start and practice interviewing. It took me 5 months after the Bootcamp ended to find a job, and Brito was there for me throughout that time.
    I'm not giving Ironhack 5 stars because although the curriculum is great, the lessons and labs are not very organized and can be very confusing at times, and I felt like there were too many students and not enough teacher assistants and instructors to help everybody equally.
  • Gustavo Jordão  User Photo
    Gustavo Jordão • Product Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Hi everyone,

Recent grad from Ironhack Miami here as a Web Dev. I gotta say that when I read the reviews and joined Ironhack, I didn't know that, much beyond learning actual applicable skills and knowledge, I've been introduced to a new world of possibilities. The Ironhack team went above and beyond to show us real-world techniques, problems and their solutions, and much more. I've been fortunate enough to land a job even before graduating, and recommend this bootcamp for anyone looking for one!
  • Markus  User Photo
    Markus • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I had an awesome experience during my Ironhack Berlin bootcamp! It was a very social, and oriented towards getting the students a job as a webdeveloper after the course is finished. They have a friendly staff, a nice campus and I felt like they all worked extremely hard to satisfy the students. The course is very intense but this is something I prefer myself as it also nurtures a steep learning curve!
  • Web Dev Bootcamp
    - 4/27/2020
    Dalina Weidinger  User Photo
    Dalina Weidinger • Junior Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Taking part in this Bootcamp was probably the best decision I've made so far. The instructors are extremely skilled and pro-active to help you learn as much as possible. The curriculum is well-structured but it is intense, so be aware that you need to come with full dedication and motivation.
    Joining Ironhack is not just simply participating in a course, it's joining a community where you will meet friends for life. Would 100% recommend Ironhack to anyone who wants to learn web dev!
  • Felipe Rocha  User Photo
    Felipe Rocha • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Amazing experience. Teaching team and staff are really pro-active and helps you on achieving your personal goals. Curriculum in the full-time is intense, not for everyone.
  • Web Development
    - 3/21/2020
    Shaul Mansour  User Photo
    Shaul Mansour • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Great facilities, dedicated and capable instructors and staff
  • Mia  User Photo
    Mia • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I thought about giving up my life in marketing and switching to web development for a long time, and finding out about bootcamps really solidified that decision for me. After 6 years spent in university, an additional 3-5 years as a student did not seem appealing. However, pure online learning also proved difficult with a fulltime job. Because of this, a bootcamp seemed like the ideal option. I reviewed bootcamps online and talked to several people who had completed several courses. I ended up choosing Ironhack because after going through the application process for several schools, Ironhack seemed like the best fit for my goals.

The entire 9 weeks was very well structured in my opinion. We had an amazing instructor who clearly enjoyed teaching and was very talented at what he did. Our teaching assistants were also exceptionally helpful, and the group dynamic was amazing. It's still hard to believe that at the start of the bootcamp I barely knew anything about HTML and CSS, and at the end of the course I was able to build pretty cool web apps on my own. I fully recommend this course to anyone looking to transition their career – but be aware that it is hard work, and you need to be motivated to go through the tough times and face the unknown.
  • Alejandro  User Photo
    Alejandro • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I'm 25 right now, and in my hole life i have never learn content of as much quality as in the UX/UI bootcamp in Ironhack Madrid. During the hole bootcamp I never had a doubt that the lead teacher or the teacher assistants could not help me with, pro teachers, pro content, pro facilities, I finished this period with several high quality projects, my own web (made from the scratch by me) and feeling that I'm ready to face a professional position.

By now, after almost 3 months, I'm done with the bootcamp, but, as they taught me, not with learning.
    Awesome experience!