school-of-it-logo

School of IT

Average Rating4.86
141 Reviews
12 Courses
School of IT offers both online and in person bootcamps from its campuses in Cape Town and Somerset West, South Africa. Bootcamps include Full Stack Software Development, Mobile App Development, Digital Marketing, CyberSecurity, and Data Science. Students may choose to complete the bootcamps in 12-weeks (full time) or 24-weeks (part time). All bootcamps come with courseware, including ebooks, certain software programs, and additional resources.  No prior coding or ed...

141 School of IT Reviews

Mark Thomas Leak
    Graduate • SQL course • Cape Town
    Oct 15, 2020

Intro to SQL

I completed the Intro to SQL and without any prior knowledge I was able to learn quickly under the guidance of lecturer Joel!

I will definitely go back and complete additional courses as I found the course I completed to Be of great value.

Would recommend School of IT to everyone!
    Ryan Willmer
    Graduate • Software Engineering course • Cape Town
    Sep 22, 2020

School of IT review

I studied software engineering at School Of IT and it was a great experience, the one on one aspect made it very enjoyable, the lecturer is fully competent in the coding languages. Shaun East, the director, was always available and willing to assist.
    I recommend School of IT to anyone interested in IT.
    Charles
    Student • Student • AutoCad course • Online
    Aug 06, 2020

Technical master course

I'm very happy with the course i took and how i was helped duringit aswell. My lecturer was very informative.
    Sabre Khan
    Graduate • Programming courses • Cape Town

Informative, professional, simply amazing

The course was fun and informative, the 1-1 basis helped me immensely in being able to learn and understanding programming in a relatively short amount of time, while also being accommodating of my busy schedule. Although i struggled a bit at first, however that was only for the first week or so, thereafter it became a lot easier to the point where i was looking forward to each session.
    toefieka
    Student

best experience

I gained vast amounts of knowledge regarding my field of study. It also helped a lot that they could adjust the class times according to my schedule , as falling ill and having to go to the doctor they’ll adjust the class to your convenience .I would strongly recommend studying through them,  they are able to assist any  time should a problem arise , and they are the best at what they do .

Altaaf
    Graduate

Epic Experience

I chose to do the Software Development course through School of IT. Best choice, as you can choose your coding language. I chose java and learnt it over 3 months. We covered intro, intermediate and advanced concepts of software development. The pros about School of IT and the course was the flexibility. My mentor contacted me with a few hours of registering and we arranged times and dates that fitted into my schedule. Which was great! I loved the fact that the course was mostly  practica...
    Denton Walters
    Student • Full Stack Software Development (Online) • Online
    Jul 02, 2020

Fantastic Full Stack Developer Course, tutored by Yadhir Maharaj

The course was fantastic, informative, interactive and very flexible. It felt like I was struggling in the first week of the course but soon after Yadhir Maharaj took over, I felt extremely comfortable. Not only were the sessions more structured and exciting but as we ventured on my Full Stack Dev. journey, tailoring each one to my affinity for systems and learning.
     Yadhir is extremely knowledgeable, professional, enthusiastic, patient, works in the industry, is open min...
  • Haadiyah Bica
    Student • Programming courses • Cape Town
    Jan 12, 2024

Navigating the Digital Realm

The course offered content that was interesting, relevant, and kept me engaged.The instructor was knowledgeable, responsive, and provided valuable support when needed.The instructions and explanations were clear, making it easy to understand and follow the material.
  • Franz-Wilhelm
    Graduate • Software Development course • Cape Town
    Apr 18, 2023

Excellent

I just want to say that the course that enrolled was very enjoyable and had a great experience learning from the lecturer. The lecturer was always on time for the scheduled session. The lecture make sure that you do understand every single thing that is being taught to you.
  • Nikhil Dayanand
    Student • Online
    Apr 03, 2023

Good

I've found this course to be very well structured and informative. Study material ,covers all the topics in-depth,  making it easier to understand and comprehend. Instructor was very helpful, patient and and willing to assist where ever possible. Course content was explained whenever I required a deeper understanding at the topic at hand. Overall a very pleasant experience.
  • Clement Deane
    Student • Web Development course • Cape Town
    Jan 17, 2023

A good intro to coding

School of IT gives you the kickstart you need to finally get into coding. You get a one-on-one lecturer who takes you through practical lessons.

It's useful guidance especially if you aren't sure where or how to start.
  • Matthew James Werner
    Student • SQL course • Online
    Nov 29, 2022

Excellent

The School of IT is exceptional. I was hesitant to attend the program online, but the delivery was excellent, and the lecturer was brilliant, ensured that the concept was well understood before progressing.

I would highly recommend attending the school of IT.

School of IT Alumni Outcomes

Recent School of IT News

There are no blog posts about this school yet.

School of IT Alumni Reviews Summary

4.9
4.9
4.8
4.6
Recent School of IT News
FAQs

How much does School of IT cost?

School of IT costs around $2,000. On the lower end, some School of IT courses like SQL course cost $500.

What courses does School of IT teach?

School of IT offers courses like AutoCad course, Cyber Security course, Data Science course, Digital Marketing course and 8 more.

Where does School of IT have campuses?

School of IT has in-person campuses in Amsterdam, Cape Town, Copenhagen, Johannesburg, Lagos, London, Pretoria, Seoul, and Zurich. School of IT also has a remote classroom so students can learn online.

Is School of IT worth it?

School of IT hasn't shared alumni outcomes yet, but one way to determine if a bootcamp is worth it is by reading alumni reviews. 141 School of IT alumni, students, and applicants have reviewed School of IT on Course Report - you should start there!

Is School of IT legit?

We let alumni answer that question. 141 School of IT alumni, students, and applicants have reviewed School of IT and rate their overall experience a 4.86 out of 5.

Does School of IT offer scholarships or accept the GI Bill?

Right now, it doesn't look like School of IT offers scholarships or accepts the GI Bill. We're always adding to the list of schools that do offer Exclusive Course Report Scholarships and a list of the bootcamps that accept the GI Bill.

Can I read School of IT reviews?

You can read 141 reviews of School of IT on Course Report! School of IT alumni, students, and applicants have reviewed School of IT and rate their overall experience a 4.86 out of 5.

Is School of IT accredited?

While bootcamps must be approved to operate, accreditation is relatively rare. School of IT doesn't yet share information about their accreditation status.

Get our FREE Ultimate Guide to Paying for a Bootcamp