hyperiondev-logo

HyperionDev

Cape Town, Johannesburg, London, Online

HyperionDev

HyperionDev offers part-time and full-time bootcamps in software engineering (6-12 months), data science (3-6 months), and web development (3-6 months) available online and in person at campuses in Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa. HyperionDev’s deep experience supports students’ ability to code and helps them achieve career-focused skills. Students will engage in tailored courses and coding exercises that integrate human-led code review. HyperionDev has partnered with organizations such as Google, Facebook, The University of Edinburgh, The Computer Science Association of South Africa, Oracle, and the South African Department of Education to ensure the highest quality standards.

To apply, students should have a motivation and dedication to learn and apply their minds to more complex tasks in programming. The bootcamps are written and spoken in English.

Along with earning a HyperionDev certification, students will also get career guidance and job search support once they have completed their bootcamp successfully. Career services include interview preparation, CV and portfolio preparation, and access to HyperionDev’s hiring network.

Recent HyperionDev Reviews: Rating 4.64

all (173) reviews for HyperionDev →

Recent HyperionDev News

Read all (9) articles about HyperionDev →
  • Certified Full Stack Web & Software Engineer Bootcamp

CSS, Express.js, Front End, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, MongoDB, Node.js, PHP, React.js, Wordpress
    LocationCape Town, Johannesburg
    Become a master of software engineering and full stack web development principles in our most comprehensive and in-depth bootcamp. This 6-month full-time bootcamp blends online and face-to-face sessions to provide you with a deep and extensive set of tech skills to meet all the demands of the modern workplace. Learn how to manage the front and back ends of a website, create software applications and manipulate data. You will have access to 1-on-1 mentorship, video calls, and professional career support services, with a guaranteed 3-month internship after graduation to cement your skills. At the end of this 6-month online course, you’ll be able to build websites, manage databases, and create applications, and have the confidence to fill the demands of any tech position. ** AVAILABLE ONLY FOR RESIDENTS OF SOUTH AFRICA. MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE ON-SITE CHECK-INS AT CPT AND JHB CAMPUSES **
    Tuition Plans$1249 Monthly $6477 Upfront
  • Data Science Bootcamp

Data is only as valuable as the person interpreting it. With our Data Science Bootcamp you learn how to use the right software and techniques to read visual and statistical data and present it in a way that solves real world problems. Master the Python programming language, learn the fundamentals of machine learning, and start using data science libraries such as scikit-learn, NumPy, Matplotlib and pandas. As data becomes the world’s most valuable resource, the demand for data scientists is off the charts and projected to grow further. Master the tools, techniques and knowledge required to think like a data scientist and switch to this highly valued, sought-after career.
  • Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp

CSS, Django, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL, Python, MongoDB, Node.js, React.js
    Master HTML, CSS, Javascript, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, React, Python, and Django in 6 months part-time to guarantee your future as a web developer Combination of 3 segments from beginner to advanced: Web Development Essentials Back-end Web Development with Python Full Stack Web Development 6 months/part-time.
    Prep WorkBootcamp Prep course included
  • Software Engineer Bootcamp

C#, Django, Git, Java, Python, Data Science, Data Structures
    Master Python and Java and learn to apply important computer science, data science and software engineering principles in 6 months to guarantee your future as a software engineer Bootcamp includes 3 courses from beginner to advanced: Introduction to Programming Introduction to Software Engineering Data Science and Algorithms Part-time, online 1:1 personalised daily mentorship
    Prep WorkBootcamp prep course included
  • The University of Edinburgh Data Science bootcamp

Python, Machine Learning, Data Science
    Cost£7,500
    Data is only as valuable as the person interpreting it. In this highly intensive and skills-focussed online data science course, you’ll learn how to use the best software and techniques to read visual and statistical data and present it in a way that solves real-world problems. Master the Python programming language, learn the fundamentals of machine learning, and start using data science libraries such as scikit-learn, NumPy, Matplotlib and pandas. As data becomes the world’s most valuable resource, the demand for data scientists is rising rapidly. Master the tools, techniques and knowledge required to think like a data scientist and switch to this highly valued, sought-after career.
  • The University of Edinburgh Full Stack Web Developer bootcamp

React.js, Node.js, MongoDB, JavaScript, HTML, Express.js, CSS
    Cost£7,500
    This comprehensive full stack web development course, teaches you to build your own dynamic, data-driven web applications. Learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Node.js, MongoDB, Express and React in just 3 to 6 months, and begin your career as a web developer. By 2021, it’s projected 1 million computer programming jobs in the U.S. will go unfilled – as well as 700,000 in Europe – thanks to unprecedented demand for qualified web developers in the tech sector.
  • The University of Edinburgh Software Engineering bootcamp

Python, Machine Learning, Java
    Cost£7,500
    In this Software Engineering bootcamp, you’ll master Python and Java and learn to apply important computer science, data science and software engineering principles. Learn Python, Java, Object Oriented Programming, and machine learning in just 3 to 6 months to guarantee your future as a software engineer. Software engineering is a creative career that allows you to work with software, hardware and other computer systems in a wide variety of industries and jobs. This software developer course will place you at the heart of the digital economy, with endless scope for growth. Start your coding journey today towards becoming an in-demand software engineer.
  • Elshama   User Photo
    Elshama • Student Verified via GitHub

The Bootcamp helped me develop fully functional mini-website of my own in a very short period of time. The greatest advantage of taking this course with hyperion is that I learnt how to look for and use extra resources for my own learning. Moreover, if you are genuinely struggling, the mentors at Hyperion can help you out.

To prospective students, if you are interested in this course, be ready to be doing a lot of research to make your assignments look good and comprehensive. Make sure you fully understand what you did in any previous tasks before proceeding to any new work. Lastly, a reliable internet connection and patience are important.

• Great Course!
    - 11/9/2017
    Katherine Barber  User Photo
    Katherine Barber • Marketing Director • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I did the PHP and Web Development Essentials course through Hyperion Development. The course was well structured and perfect for the beginner - it took me from the very basics of php development, right through to learning functions, loops, text files and other useful techniques. The tasks were challenging and really made my brain work. I received great support when needed. I can honestly say that I feel confident in my ability to develope basic interactive and functional websites after doing this course. I have ony got two criticisms: there were quite a lot of grammatical and spelling errors in the course content, and I would have liked a little more elaborate feedback from my mentor. I would definitely do a course with Hyperion again.

• Yusuf Isaacs  User Photo
    Yusuf Isaacs • IT Assistant/Technician • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I was having some problems with Hyperion after completing my course. I was quickly contacted by the CEO who managed to resolve the concerns I was having. Before this, I had no problems with Hyperion and the curriculum was great. Having a mentor guide you, when you are stuck, is very useful when doing an online course. I would recommend this school to anyone and would also consider registering for another course in the future.

• Coding Bootcamp
    - 6/20/2022
    Shani Baddiel • Student
    It's a trap!
    I generally don't leave reviews, but here, I feel that I'd like to, only in order to prevent more people from falling into this trap, and having their money go to waste.
    This course was a pure waste of money. I applied for the Full Stack Web development course, but not long after the initial trial, I was left with hardly any support whatsoever from any of the tutors. I struggled on my own through the material for months on end, and even had to pay extra to extend in order to buy more time to keep up. When I had a question or needed help and tried to reach the tutors, most times there was no answer. This is no exaggeration. There was a total lack of support that only started getting more better around more than a year (!) after I started, by which I had not much motivation to continue.  They also blocked all access to the course materials, once my course finishing date had been reached, despite their original promise that all course material could be accessed at any future point.
    Besides, their course material was very poorly written, and a lot was left to the student to decipher on their own. Heavily based on external research, which was often left at the students' discretion.
    In addition, when I did manage to make a meeting with a tutor to go through a problem, most of the time they didn't know how to help and had to get back to me, or otherwise used the session to try out different ideas and play around, to see what might work. They were clearly inexperienced and unfortunately this was a complete waste of money.
    Do yourself a favour and DON'T take this course.
  • Sukoluhle Ndlovu • Student
    My experience at HyperionDev has been the best so far since we get to have mentors that have been very supportive. From the beginning, they guided me and I felt like giving up at times but the support system was so wonderful because they checked to see why I was falling behind. After that, you can participate in coding nights where you can showcase your skills and learn a lot more. Last but not least, whenever we need feedback or support regarding submissions, they are always there to help.
  • HyperionDev review
    - 5/25/2022
    Samir Gelb • Student
    HyperionDev has been fantastic thus far in my journey to reskilling and entering a new career as a software engineer. Their course has been very intense but enjoyable at the same time and I have learnt a lot in just three months, having known nothing of coding or software development before starting this course. I could not recommend them more.
  • Web Development
    - 4/29/2022
    Vincent • N/A • Student
    This boot camp is a great way to get into coding and programming
  • Course Review
    - 3/29/2022
    Derion Titus • Student
    I am currently enrolled in one of HyperionDev's courses. The institution delivers top quality support services to help you to choose the right course for you, plus an Admission Consultant will assist you in your enrollment process. These consultant are hands on and makes sure you have support every step of the way.

The way the course is structured makes it much easier to learn a lot of information fast, as it is very effective. The mentors that reviews your code deliver in detail information on how you can improve and provides ample amounts of motivation and support to carry you through the course.

There are only small improvements I would suggest. The Hyperion website seemed to have a bug on the registration page that used (Fundamentals of Computer Science). Which made it a bit uncomfortable to register, was it not for the Admission Consultants. Lastly, when I submit my code most of the time it takes quite long before a Mentor reviews it, sometimes even weeks. This causes me to make the same mistake in other tasks without knowing, before a receive a review. I do understand however that the mentors are under tremendous pressure to review many student's work.

Nonetheless, I would recommend HyperionDev to everyone I know. I have a lot of fun learning and appreciate the amazing support.
  • Analyst
    - 11/3/2021
    Craig • Analyst • Student
    For the last 3 years I felt like making a change in my career. Than I came across Hyperiondev and started reading up on the tech sector. I enrolled for the free trial and from that moment I started to learn coding. One of the support staff called me and took me through the entire process of what the onsite bootcamp covers.  At first it was quite overwhelming but as I started to learn the basics I got more confident in coding.  The advantage I had was onsite I could ask the lecturer questions when ever I got stuck. So far it has been a phenomenal experience and I cant wait the complete my bootcamp.
  • Taahir Khalfe • Student

After reading a World Economic Forum Report on the future of jobs, I realized that the world is changing extremely rapidly towards the 4th industrial revolution and technological automation.

I had an insight that you either stay the same or one can adapt to the inevitable change that is on the horizon. I took a leap of faith and decided to change. HyperionDev was instrumental in equipping me with the necessary software skills, teaching me how to think and how to solve complex problems all of which are invaluable in the workplace.

HyperionDev was one of the best decisions I ever made and I would recommend their Software Engineering Bootcamp to anyone who wants to get into software as a career, break into the technology industry, anyone who’s looking to upskill themselves, or if you’re passionate about building software products or tools.

All aspects of the online Bootcamp were excellent. The course curriculum is well structured and thought through. All the information is clear, concise, and easy to understand. The student dashboard is easy to navigate. The is a clear indication of your progression and grades are easily visible. There is constant mentorship support and encouragement through multiple channels of communication and one is not left on their own. There are chat groups with your mentors and your fellow classmates. There is everything you need to make sure that the Bootcamp is a phenomenal experience.

Thank you Hyperiondev for bringing this to South Africa and for adding so much value to the lives of thousands of Bootcamp graduates.

• Bootcamp Review
    - 10/13/2021
    Audrey Vimbai Moyo • Bootcamp student • Student
    My experience at HyperionDev has been exceptional. The mentors are very knowledgeable and very helpful. For someone who had no background in coding, I have learnt some valuable skills so far from the Bootcamp and I look forward to learning more about coding as I finish the Bootcamp.
  • Coding
    - 10/7/2021
    Genevieve • Student
    I completed LEVEL 1 of the Software Engineering Bootcamp and absolutely loved the overall experience being onsite. The instructor was extremely knowledgable and very helpful and the way the course was laid out was well structured with an in-depth curriculum. I decided to switch over to Web Development half way through the course, not because I wasn’t enjoying it, I just thought that Web Dev is better suited for me. I highly recommend Hyperiondev to anyone who seeks to have a future in tech, especially if you’re just starting out like I am. So grateful for the experience so far. Thank you :)