hyperiondev-logo

HyperionDev

Cape Town, Johannesburg, London, Online

HyperionDev

HyperionDev offers 6-month, part-time and full-time tech bootcamps in software engineering, data science, web development, and mobile development, available online and in Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa. Students learn part-time (about 8 hours per week), work in a 1:1 mentor relationship, and engage in a tailored course and coding exercises based on their career track of choice. The software engineering bootcamp covers Python, Java, object-oriented programming, and machine learning; the web development bootcamp covers full stack JavaScript with Node.js, MongoDB and Express; the data science bootcamp covers Python programming, machine learning, and data science libraries; and the mobile development bootcamp covers Java and Android concepts. HyperionDev, a division of CoGrammar founded in 2014, has the ambition to scale human-led education in programming. With the belief that machines can't match human developers, HyperionDev believes that learning to code is best achieved by having a coding educator review your code daily.

To apply, students should have a motivation and dedication to learn and apply their mind to more complex tasks in programming. The online bootcamp is written and spoken in English. Along with earning a HyperionDev certification, students will also get career guidance and job search support.

HyperionDev provides career services in the form of technical CV insights, interview preparation, and network connections with hiring partners. HyperionDev has partnered with organizations such as Google, The University of Cambridge, The Computer Science Association of South Africa, Oracle, and the South African Department of Education to ensure the highest quality standards.

Recent HyperionDev Reviews: Rating 4.65

all (160) reviews for HyperionDev →

Recent HyperionDev News

Read all (7) articles about HyperionDev →
  • Certified Full Stack Web & Software Engineer Bootcamp

Wordpress, React.js, PHP, Node.js, MongoDB, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, Front End, Express.js, CSS
    LocationJohannesburg, Cape Town
    Become a master of software engineering and full stack web development principles in our most comprehensive and in-depth bootcamp. This 6-month full-time bootcamp blends online and face-to-face sessions to provide you with a deep and extensive set of tech skills to meet all the demands of the modern workplace. Learn how to manage the front and back ends of a website, create software applications and manipulate data. You will have access to 1-on-1 mentorship, video calls, and professional career support services, with a guaranteed 3-month internship after graduation to cement your skills. At the end of this 6-month online course, you’ll be able to build websites, manage databases, and create applications, and have the confidence to fill the demands of any tech position. ** AVAILABLE ONLY FOR RESIDENTS OF SOUTH AFRICA. MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE ON-SITE CHECK-INS AT CPT AND JHB CAMPUSES **
  • Data Science Bootcamp

Data is only as valuable as the person interpreting it. With our Data Science Bootcamp you learn how to use the right software and techniques to read visual and statistical data and present it in a way that solves real world problems. Master the Python programming language, learn the fundamentals of machine learning, and start using data science libraries such as scikit-learn, NumPy, Matplotlib and pandas. As data becomes the world’s most valuable resource, the demand for data scientists is off the charts and projected to grow further. Master the tools, techniques and knowledge required to think like a data scientist and switch to this highly valued, sought-after career.
  • Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp

CSS, Django, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL, Python, MongoDB, Node.js, React.js
    Master HTML, CSS, Javascript, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, React, Python, and Django in 6 months part-time to guarantee your future as a web developer Combination of 3 segments from beginner to advanced: Web Development Essentials Back-end Web Development with Python Full Stack Web Development 6 months/part-time.
    Prep WorkBootcamp Prep course included
  • Software Engineer Bootcamp

C#, Django, Git, Java, Python, Data Science, Data Structures
    Master Python and Java and learn to apply important computer science, data science and software engineering principles in 6 months to guarantee your future as a software engineer Bootcamp includes 3 courses from beginner to advanced: Introduction to Programming Introduction to Software Engineering Data Science and Algorithms Part-time, online 1:1 personalised daily mentorship
    Prep WorkBootcamp prep course included
  • Mustafa Mossa  User Photo
    Mustafa Mossa • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

During my intensive 3 month course with Hyperion Dev, I gained instant, valuable and vital experience with more than one coding language thanks to both professional and friendly help from mentors.

Highly recommended for those wishing to embark on a coding journey.

• Willem A Voges  User Photo
    Willem A Voges • Freelance Software Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

For every task that is provided there is reading material and referencing material with links to more assistance, reading materials and online communities(none of which is duplicates of one another). Connecting to the community is encouraged by which you build real-world understanding of the programming industry, questions asked in industry, and most importantly errors and how they are solved. An overview of the full language and modules is also mentioned and\ or provided, the more in depth investigations and application thereof is left to the student to explore per task as seen fit upon which feedback is provided so the student can be left to explore patterns of thought and not predetermined layouts as standard of the course that has to be followed and nothing else.

• Herman Swanepoel  User Photo
    Herman Swanepoel • Graduate Verified via GitHub

What I liked the most about this online course, is the structure or curriculum, it is well thought through, in a way that will make sense to most.

I had 2 x mentors in the 3 months full-time course.  Although I thought the second one did not apply to my case, he was actually telling me unknowingly, that I have a lot of homework to get past, and so it was.  Reading takes a lot of time in this course, especially with the Machine Learning tasks.

Further on they help you comprehensively to compile a good CV and even arrange interviews on your behalf.

• Valuable experience
    - 10/10/2018
    Dalmari van der Linde  User Photo
    Dalmari van der Linde • Product Owner • Student Verified via LinkedIn

My intention behind doing HyperionDev's Software engineering bootcamp is likely a little different from most - rather than looking to become a coder I did the course in order to broaden my technology knowledge and increase my confidence when working with developers. The course was challenging but never too difficult so that you felt like giving up - and there is always the support of your assigned tutor should you need a little extra guidance. For me the difficulty was just right, so that you felt that you were really achieving something with each completed task, rather than just going through the motions. I was amazed at how much I was able to learn in a short amount of time and am even considering doing the other bootcamps when I have the time one day.

The course was well balanced, not spending too much time on theoretical elements that you can learn elsewhere. By the end you have a portfolio of your own programs.

• Darrel  User Photo
    Darrel • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I completed the Software Engineer Bootcamp from HyperionDev and I can say it was great learning experience.

The mentors in Hyperion are great! they were always there to support me whenever I got stuck on a problem and I got to learn Python and Java on this course.

They provide the full package when it comes to learing Python and Java, and they also provide good career guidance.

Overall I am happy with my Learnings and certificate.

• Russell Fincham  User Photo
    Russell Fincham • Student Verified via GitHub

Master Python, Java, algorithms and Data Science in 6 months part-time. Learn to apply your development skills to solve business problems to industry standards and guarantee your future as a software engineer.

• Obiora Nnene  User Photo
    Obiora Nnene • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    The structure of the course was excellent. It comprised many practice problems that increased in complexity as I progressed and they were backed by the necessary theory required to gain an appreciation for each concept. There were also pointers to further learning aids, which highlight the need for research; an invaluable skill in the quest to become a good programmer. Lastly, I think the student career support bit, sets Hyperion Dev apart as an organization that truly values human capacity development and building relationships. Great Job Hyperion!

Specifically, the course helped me:
    • fill a long time aspiration of becoming a software developer.
    • equipped me with skills I needed to successfully build the metaheuristic optimization model I am now using in my Ph.D. research.
  • Elshama   User Photo
    Elshama • Student Verified via GitHub

The Bootcamp helped me develop fully functional mini-website of my own in a very short period of time. The greatest advantage of taking this course with hyperion is that I learnt how to look for and use extra resources for my own learning. Moreover, if you are genuinely struggling, the mentors at Hyperion can help you out.

To prospective students, if you are interested in this course, be ready to be doing a lot of research to make your assignments look good and comprehensive. Make sure you fully understand what you did in any previous tasks before proceeding to any new work. Lastly, a reliable internet connection and patience are important.

• Great Course!
    - 11/9/2017
    Katherine Barber  User Photo
    Katherine Barber • Marketing Director • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I did the PHP and Web Development Essentials course through Hyperion Development. The course was well structured and perfect for the beginner - it took me from the very basics of php development, right through to learning functions, loops, text files and other useful techniques. The tasks were challenging and really made my brain work. I received great support when needed. I can honestly say that I feel confident in my ability to develope basic interactive and functional websites after doing this course. I have ony got two criticisms: there were quite a lot of grammatical and spelling errors in the course content, and I would have liked a little more elaborate feedback from my mentor. I would definitely do a course with Hyperion again.

• Yusuf Isaacs  User Photo
    Yusuf Isaacs • IT Assistant/Technician • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I was having some problems with Hyperion after completing my course. I was quickly contacted by the CEO who managed to resolve the concerns I was having. Before this, I had no problems with Hyperion and the curriculum was great. Having a mentor guide you, when you are stuck, is very useful when doing an online course. I would recommend this school to anyone and would also consider registering for another course in the future.

• Bootcamp Review
    - 10/13/2021
    Audrey Vimbai Moyo • Bootcamp student • Student
    My experience at HyperionDev has been exceptional. The mentors are very knowledgeable and very helpful. For someone who had no background in coding, I have learnt some valuable skills so far from the Bootcamp and I look forward to learning more about coding as I finish the Bootcamp.