hyperiondev-logo

HyperionDev

Cape Town, Johannesburg, London, Online

HyperionDev

HyperionDev offers part-time and full-time bootcamps in software engineering (6-12 months), data science (3-6 months), and web development (3-6 months) available online and in person at campuses in Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa. HyperionDev’s deep experience supports students’ ability to code and helps them achieve career-focused skills. Students will engage in tailored courses and coding exercises that integrate human-led code review. HyperionDev has partnered with organizations such as Google, Facebook, The University of Edinburgh, The Computer Science Association of South Africa, Oracle, and the South African Department of Education to ensure the highest quality standards.

To apply, students should have a motivation and dedication to learn and apply their minds to more complex tasks in programming. The bootcamps are written and spoken in English.

Along with earning a HyperionDev certification, students will also get career guidance and job search support once they have completed their bootcamp successfully. Career services include interview preparation, CV and portfolio preparation, and access to HyperionDev’s hiring network.

Recent HyperionDev Reviews: Rating 4.64

all (173) reviews for HyperionDev →

Recent HyperionDev News

Read all (9) articles about HyperionDev →
  • Certified Full Stack Web & Software Engineer Bootcamp

CSS, Express.js, Front End, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, MongoDB, Node.js, PHP, React.js, Wordpress
    LocationCape Town, Johannesburg
    Become a master of software engineering and full stack web development principles in our most comprehensive and in-depth bootcamp. This 6-month full-time bootcamp blends online and face-to-face sessions to provide you with a deep and extensive set of tech skills to meet all the demands of the modern workplace. Learn how to manage the front and back ends of a website, create software applications and manipulate data. You will have access to 1-on-1 mentorship, video calls, and professional career support services, with a guaranteed 3-month internship after graduation to cement your skills. At the end of this 6-month online course, you’ll be able to build websites, manage databases, and create applications, and have the confidence to fill the demands of any tech position. ** AVAILABLE ONLY FOR RESIDENTS OF SOUTH AFRICA. MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE ON-SITE CHECK-INS AT CPT AND JHB CAMPUSES **
    Tuition Plans$1249 Monthly $6477 Upfront
  • Data Science Bootcamp

Data is only as valuable as the person interpreting it. With our Data Science Bootcamp you learn how to use the right software and techniques to read visual and statistical data and present it in a way that solves real world problems. Master the Python programming language, learn the fundamentals of machine learning, and start using data science libraries such as scikit-learn, NumPy, Matplotlib and pandas. As data becomes the world’s most valuable resource, the demand for data scientists is off the charts and projected to grow further. Master the tools, techniques and knowledge required to think like a data scientist and switch to this highly valued, sought-after career.
  • Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp

CSS, Django, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL, Python, MongoDB, Node.js, React.js
    Master HTML, CSS, Javascript, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, React, Python, and Django in 6 months part-time to guarantee your future as a web developer Combination of 3 segments from beginner to advanced: Web Development Essentials Back-end Web Development with Python Full Stack Web Development 6 months/part-time.
    Prep WorkBootcamp Prep course included
  • Software Engineer Bootcamp

C#, Django, Git, Java, Python, Data Science, Data Structures
    Master Python and Java and learn to apply important computer science, data science and software engineering principles in 6 months to guarantee your future as a software engineer Bootcamp includes 3 courses from beginner to advanced: Introduction to Programming Introduction to Software Engineering Data Science and Algorithms Part-time, online 1:1 personalised daily mentorship
    Prep WorkBootcamp prep course included
  • The University of Edinburgh Data Science bootcamp

Python, Machine Learning, Data Science
    Cost£7,500
    Data is only as valuable as the person interpreting it. In this highly intensive and skills-focussed online data science course, you’ll learn how to use the best software and techniques to read visual and statistical data and present it in a way that solves real-world problems. Master the Python programming language, learn the fundamentals of machine learning, and start using data science libraries such as scikit-learn, NumPy, Matplotlib and pandas. As data becomes the world’s most valuable resource, the demand for data scientists is rising rapidly. Master the tools, techniques and knowledge required to think like a data scientist and switch to this highly valued, sought-after career.
  • The University of Edinburgh Full Stack Web Developer bootcamp

React.js, Node.js, MongoDB, JavaScript, HTML, Express.js, CSS
    Cost£7,500
    This comprehensive full stack web development course, teaches you to build your own dynamic, data-driven web applications. Learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Node.js, MongoDB, Express and React in just 3 to 6 months, and begin your career as a web developer. By 2021, it’s projected 1 million computer programming jobs in the U.S. will go unfilled – as well as 700,000 in Europe – thanks to unprecedented demand for qualified web developers in the tech sector.
  • The University of Edinburgh Software Engineering bootcamp

Python, Machine Learning, Java
    Cost£7,500
    In this Software Engineering bootcamp, you’ll master Python and Java and learn to apply important computer science, data science and software engineering principles. Learn Python, Java, Object Oriented Programming, and machine learning in just 3 to 6 months to guarantee your future as a software engineer. Software engineering is a creative career that allows you to work with software, hardware and other computer systems in a wide variety of industries and jobs. This software developer course will place you at the heart of the digital economy, with endless scope for growth. Start your coding journey today towards becoming an in-demand software engineer.
  • Nabeel  User Photo
    Nabeel • Business Analyst • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I have always had an eager interest in learning about coding so when I came across HyperionDev’s courses, I was really excited to explore it.

Hyperion allowed me to transform my dream to be able to learn and understand coding into a mind-blowing reality. The course offers an abundance of superior and high-quality practical coding skills, unlike many other conventional courses.

Additionally, the flexibility of the course is extremely convenient as it enables me to work at a time that is favorable and well-suited for me as I am employed full time.

Exploring and learning various skills through Hyperion has largely assisted me in my job, where I work as a technical Business Analyst. It empowered me to refine my knowledge and skills to be able to be more efficient and expand my expertise.

Although challenging at times, my mentor, Clarinda is always available through Discord or an email away to guide and assist me when required.

• Nia  User Photo
    Nia • Student Verified via GitHub
    I am a single parent in my forties, and I lead a very busy day to day life. I knew absolutely nothing about coding and Hyperiondev made my bootcamp experience a very good one. I received excellent support from beginning till the end. Although I received one on one mentorship, the rest of the team also lend a helping hand when my mentor was not available. The way Hyperiondev breaks down the course material was phenomenal, because even though I didn't have any prior knowledge of coding, I could understand it. I learned how to code from day 1. And I can honestly say that I dont regret choosing Hyperiondev to do this bootcamp. They have provided me with the tools and support to become a software engineer.
  • Hannes  User Photo
    Hannes • Inventory Manager • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

This is honestly 1 of the best studies, boot camps I've ever done
    Quick responses and the mentor is always willing to help me even outside working hours
    The help provided is super helpful. Unlike other places as before where they leave you hanging and not giving you answers to your questions

I must say that my experience with my mentor is AWESOME!!!

• Sasha Ntombela  User Photo
    Sasha Ntombela • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I just graduated from my course with the help of my mentor Dip Rawal.

I had the utmost experience working with Dip, he helped me with my coding and made my studies at HyperionDev easier and challanged me to do my best at all times.

I am grateful to be partnered with such an influential mentor who has prepared me for a future in programming.

• Shaylan Bridgemohun  User Photo
    Shaylan Bridgemohun • Software Engineer • Student Verified via GitHub

I am currently a student wrapping up my course at HyperionDev.

Working with Dip Rawal as my mentor has been an absolute pleasure, very professional and always willing to assist my fellow programmers and I to ensure that we understand and implement our work efficiently and thoroughly.

Huge gratitude for his assistance as it will help prepare me towards becoming a successful programmer.

• Leandri  User Photo
    Leandri • Risk & Fraud Analyst • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I've always been curious about learning to code & have started multiple free courses, but I often got overwhelmed by the number of different routes available. HyperionDev’s web development course structure was a straight-forward path to follow and kept me focussed. Working with deadlines kept me disciplined and kept me motivated.

It challenged me mentally and forced me to think of creative ways to solve problems. It has also taught me to manage my time between having a full-time job and taking the time to work on my tasks. I enjoyed being able to ask for help when I really got stuck and frustrated (it happens!). My mentor would often give me clues on how to figure it out on my own, instead of just giving me the answer straight away. It's not easy, but it's so rewarding to be able to build something you can show people and say, ‘I created that!’”

• Miss
    - 10/23/2019
    Edith Nukeri  User Photo
    Edith Nukeri • Operational Intelligence Administrator • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Firstly I'm really grateful for this platform, I've always wanted to study further but didn't know where to begin. A friend recommended HyperionDev and this was one of the best decisions I've made this year. I've always been passionate about programming and Technology and HyperionDev has given me more reason to want to succeed in the field of Technology. I really wasn't sure if studying online would work out for me as I'm a person that really likes interacting with people physically, my experience thus far with HyperionDev has really been amazing, I literally feel like i'm in class with my mentor. The support that they offer is commendable and the course is structured really well. Thank you so much for the opportunity and I'm really looking forward to learn and develop my skillset.

• Silethemba  User Photo
    Silethemba • IT Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

l would like to express my gratitude for HyperionDev, excellent course content and excellent Mentor.  l would say that the service that HyperionDev rendered is world class. l have really learnt a lot though the Software Engineering course l have been doing these past 6 months. l would without recommend HyperionDev to a friend. l feel ready to begin a career is development. l enjoyed the DISCORD platform, mentors are always willing to assist, l'm glad l enrolled with HyperionDev.

• Tony  User Photo
    Tony • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I believe that I meant to be a developer (after I picked up a keyboard in the street at the age of 7. find the full story here===>tony), but I never had a chance to study because of war, migration, work, etc... So I could only study online and only at night. After reading about Data Science and Python, I knew what I wanted... and you guessed it right, I wanted to become a Data Scientist.

I started My Data Science journey shortly after I read up about the industry on the dataquest's website I was closed by that article and was completely into the deal just my finance couldn't allow me to sing up that deal, so I decided to save up for it cause at that time they required that you pay the full amount to enroll in the Bootcamp(If I remember correctly). But there were some freebies free trial period :) so I enrolled for that And off I started. They have got also great content in their courses I must say.

One day while having some random Chat about life, a friend told me about hyperiondev, two things caught my attention, 1) 1 on 1 mentor support and 2) Monthly payment option. I couldn't think twice, I signed up right there.

Early this year March I started the Bootcamp, the course is divided into 3 modules; Python for Data Scientist,  Data Analytics and Exploration and Machine Learning... respectively.

I obviously stumbled a bit at the beginning with stuff like why do we have to print "hello world" and settling in and feel like a developer, but My first module mentor was a human with aliens brain :) very helpful and we became friends and I have gotten close to many other students and mentors.

The part I enjoy the most throughout the Bootcamp was Student interaction So we have a Discord channel where all the Beautiful Happy Coder of Hyperiondev meet (includes mentors), there you'll never walk alone, the guys there don't sleep (I'm one of them) great vibe, positive people who are ready to help and enjoy together upbuilding discussions and relaxing with different taste of music with some heavy gamers in the house.

Now the part where I think Hyperiondev need to give a little bit of extra attention is Mentor Supervision because those guys work very hard and they can get easily overloaded with their work or student appointments and that can pretty much affect the student progress and create unnecessary frustration. But I trust that they are going to look closely on that one.

Student Support after Bootcamp, so they have an after Bootcamp support which is totally free of charge. In the process, I am being helped to adjust my portfolio, CV, Linkedin account and some other stuff to get me visible to the hiring company and sort of a way to welcome me in the industry. Afterward, they have a placement system whereby they introduce the graduate to the Hiring company and assist us with interview preparation and much more overwhelming after Bootcamp support.

But I am not going to work yet, just not yet! I want to compliment my skills with a Software Engineer Bootcamp. Guess where???? Well, you guessed it right again ===> right here===> software_engineering

• Johnson  User Photo
    Johnson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

It was a great opportunity to attend HyperionDev, which has greatly contributed and impacted the knowledge of coding from a beginner to advanced level that is needed in the Tech.
    It challenged me to work on improving my code, and provided me with one-on-one mentor which assisted and made me have a broader concept of programming, solving technical issues and projects which has greatly enhanced my skills to be able to associate myself with an organization where i can utilize my skills.

I was challenged to do independence research on my own, and overall, the experience is there to get you job ready and understand the core principles of what employers are going to expect from you in your area of expertise.

I was able to understand how work environment will be like on a daily basis, and built my confidence, not only in coding, but also my approach in tackling any problem with confidence in work environment. The support was outstanding, informative, valuable and impactful.