hyperiondev-logo

HyperionDev

Cape Town, Johannesburg, London, Online

HyperionDev

HyperionDev offers 6-month, part-time and full-time tech bootcamps in software engineering, data science, web development, and mobile development, available online and in Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa. Students learn part-time (about 8 hours per week), work in a 1:1 mentor relationship, and engage in a tailored course and coding exercises based on their career track of choice. The software engineering bootcamp covers Python, Java, object-oriented programming, and machine learning; the web development bootcamp covers full stack JavaScript with Node.js, MongoDB and Express; the data science bootcamp covers Python programming, machine learning, and data science libraries; and the mobile development bootcamp covers Java and Android concepts. HyperionDev, a division of CoGrammar founded in 2014, has the ambition to scale human-led education in programming. With the belief that machines can't match human developers, HyperionDev believes that learning to code is best achieved by having a coding educator review your code daily.

To apply, students should have a motivation and dedication to learn and apply their mind to more complex tasks in programming. The online bootcamp is written and spoken in English. Along with earning a HyperionDev certification, students will also get career guidance and job search support.

HyperionDev provides career services in the form of technical CV insights, interview preparation, and network connections with hiring partners. HyperionDev has partnered with organizations such as Google, The University of Cambridge, The Computer Science Association of South Africa, Oracle, and the South African Department of Education to ensure the highest quality standards.

Recent HyperionDev Reviews: Rating 4.65

all (160) reviews for HyperionDev →

Recent HyperionDev News

Read all (7) articles about HyperionDev →
  • Certified Full Stack Web & Software Engineer Bootcamp

Wordpress, React.js, PHP, Node.js, MongoDB, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, Front End, Express.js, CSS
    LocationJohannesburg, Cape Town
    Become a master of software engineering and full stack web development principles in our most comprehensive and in-depth bootcamp. This 6-month full-time bootcamp blends online and face-to-face sessions to provide you with a deep and extensive set of tech skills to meet all the demands of the modern workplace. Learn how to manage the front and back ends of a website, create software applications and manipulate data. You will have access to 1-on-1 mentorship, video calls, and professional career support services, with a guaranteed 3-month internship after graduation to cement your skills. At the end of this 6-month online course, you’ll be able to build websites, manage databases, and create applications, and have the confidence to fill the demands of any tech position. ** AVAILABLE ONLY FOR RESIDENTS OF SOUTH AFRICA. MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE ON-SITE CHECK-INS AT CPT AND JHB CAMPUSES **
  • Data Science Bootcamp

Data is only as valuable as the person interpreting it. With our Data Science Bootcamp you learn how to use the right software and techniques to read visual and statistical data and present it in a way that solves real world problems. Master the Python programming language, learn the fundamentals of machine learning, and start using data science libraries such as scikit-learn, NumPy, Matplotlib and pandas. As data becomes the world’s most valuable resource, the demand for data scientists is off the charts and projected to grow further. Master the tools, techniques and knowledge required to think like a data scientist and switch to this highly valued, sought-after career.
  • Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp

CSS, Django, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL, Python, MongoDB, Node.js, React.js
    Master HTML, CSS, Javascript, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, React, Python, and Django in 6 months part-time to guarantee your future as a web developer Combination of 3 segments from beginner to advanced: Web Development Essentials Back-end Web Development with Python Full Stack Web Development 6 months/part-time.
    Prep WorkBootcamp Prep course included
  • Software Engineer Bootcamp

C#, Django, Git, Java, Python, Data Science, Data Structures
    Master Python and Java and learn to apply important computer science, data science and software engineering principles in 6 months to guarantee your future as a software engineer Bootcamp includes 3 courses from beginner to advanced: Introduction to Programming Introduction to Software Engineering Data Science and Algorithms Part-time, online 1:1 personalised daily mentorship
    Prep WorkBootcamp prep course included
  • Shaylan Bridgemohun  User Photo
    Shaylan Bridgemohun • Software Engineer • Student Verified via GitHub

I am currently a student wrapping up my course at HyperionDev.

Working with Dip Rawal as my mentor has been an absolute pleasure, very professional and always willing to assist my fellow programmers and I to ensure that we understand and implement our work efficiently and thoroughly.

Huge gratitude for his assistance as it will help prepare me towards becoming a successful programmer.

• Leandri  User Photo
    Leandri • Risk & Fraud Analyst • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I've always been curious about learning to code & have started multiple free courses, but I often got overwhelmed by the number of different routes available. HyperionDev’s web development course structure was a straight-forward path to follow and kept me focussed. Working with deadlines kept me disciplined and kept me motivated.

It challenged me mentally and forced me to think of creative ways to solve problems. It has also taught me to manage my time between having a full-time job and taking the time to work on my tasks. I enjoyed being able to ask for help when I really got stuck and frustrated (it happens!). My mentor would often give me clues on how to figure it out on my own, instead of just giving me the answer straight away. It's not easy, but it's so rewarding to be able to build something you can show people and say, ‘I created that!’”

• Miss
    - 10/23/2019
    Edith Nukeri  User Photo
    Edith Nukeri • Operational Intelligence Administrator • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Firstly I'm really grateful for this platform, I've always wanted to study further but didn't know where to begin. A friend recommended HyperionDev and this was one of the best decisions I've made this year. I've always been passionate about programming and Technology and HyperionDev has given me more reason to want to succeed in the field of Technology. I really wasn't sure if studying online would work out for me as I'm a person that really likes interacting with people physically, my experience thus far with HyperionDev has really been amazing, I literally feel like i'm in class with my mentor. The support that they offer is commendable and the course is structured really well. Thank you so much for the opportunity and I'm really looking forward to learn and develop my skillset.

• Silethemba  User Photo
    Silethemba • IT Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

l would like to express my gratitude for HyperionDev, excellent course content and excellent Mentor.  l would say that the service that HyperionDev rendered is world class. l have really learnt a lot though the Software Engineering course l have been doing these past 6 months. l would without recommend HyperionDev to a friend. l feel ready to begin a career is development. l enjoyed the DISCORD platform, mentors are always willing to assist, l'm glad l enrolled with HyperionDev.

• Tony  User Photo
    Tony • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I believe that I meant to be a developer (after I picked up a keyboard in the street at the age of 7. find the full story here===>tony), but I never had a chance to study because of war, migration, work, etc... So I could only study online and only at night. After reading about Data Science and Python, I knew what I wanted... and you guessed it right, I wanted to become a Data Scientist.

I started My Data Science journey shortly after I read up about the industry on the dataquest's website I was closed by that article and was completely into the deal just my finance couldn't allow me to sing up that deal, so I decided to save up for it cause at that time they required that you pay the full amount to enroll in the Bootcamp(If I remember correctly). But there were some freebies free trial period :) so I enrolled for that And off I started. They have got also great content in their courses I must say.

One day while having some random Chat about life, a friend told me about hyperiondev, two things caught my attention, 1) 1 on 1 mentor support and 2) Monthly payment option. I couldn't think twice, I signed up right there.

Early this year March I started the Bootcamp, the course is divided into 3 modules; Python for Data Scientist,  Data Analytics and Exploration and Machine Learning... respectively.

I obviously stumbled a bit at the beginning with stuff like why do we have to print "hello world" and settling in and feel like a developer, but My first module mentor was a human with aliens brain :) very helpful and we became friends and I have gotten close to many other students and mentors.

The part I enjoy the most throughout the Bootcamp was Student interaction So we have a Discord channel where all the Beautiful Happy Coder of Hyperiondev meet (includes mentors), there you'll never walk alone, the guys there don't sleep (I'm one of them) great vibe, positive people who are ready to help and enjoy together upbuilding discussions and relaxing with different taste of music with some heavy gamers in the house.

Now the part where I think Hyperiondev need to give a little bit of extra attention is Mentor Supervision because those guys work very hard and they can get easily overloaded with their work or student appointments and that can pretty much affect the student progress and create unnecessary frustration. But I trust that they are going to look closely on that one.

Student Support after Bootcamp, so they have an after Bootcamp support which is totally free of charge. In the process, I am being helped to adjust my portfolio, CV, Linkedin account and some other stuff to get me visible to the hiring company and sort of a way to welcome me in the industry. Afterward, they have a placement system whereby they introduce the graduate to the Hiring company and assist us with interview preparation and much more overwhelming after Bootcamp support.

But I am not going to work yet, just not yet! I want to compliment my skills with a Software Engineer Bootcamp. Guess where???? Well, you guessed it right again ===> right here===> software_engineering

• Johnson  User Photo
    Johnson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

It was a great opportunity to attend HyperionDev, which has greatly contributed and impacted the knowledge of coding from a beginner to advanced level that is needed in the Tech.
    It challenged me to work on improving my code, and provided me with one-on-one mentor which assisted and made me have a broader concept of programming, solving technical issues and projects which has greatly enhanced my skills to be able to associate myself with an organization where i can utilize my skills.

I was challenged to do independence research on my own, and overall, the experience is there to get you job ready and understand the core principles of what employers are going to expect from you in your area of expertise.

I was able to understand how work environment will be like on a daily basis, and built my confidence, not only in coding, but also my approach in tackling any problem with confidence in work environment. The support was outstanding, informative, valuable and impactful.

- 9/14/2019
    Altus du Plessis  User Photo
    Altus du Plessis • Civil Technician • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I can highly recommend HyperionDev to any person who wants to get their career started in die programming field. They are well established and well organized with an extremely well thought out structure in proving a lovely study experience.

They offer a variety of courses from which to choose from. If you are unsure which course is the right one for you, don’t fear, as they explain and compare each of the courses very clearly.

The mentors are also extremely helpful when you get stuck or just want to talk to someone regarding the work. They make it very easy to get in touch with them and they always respond promptly.

HyperionDev is awesome.

• Ronny Nijimbere  User Photo
    Ronny Nijimbere • Student Verified via GitHub

Course Content:

I found the course well structured as each task builds onto the next task. Each task reading is structured as an introduction or basics, so it up to each student to do extra research to understand the concepts in more detail. There will be occassions where you do not full grasp on what you have learnt in a task but this should not worry a student as you will sometimes find that you didnt understand is covered in upcoming tasks and this gives student more ideas on which concepts they should focus on as they do more research.

The Course is not designed to teach students as everything as due to the nature of the industry as technologies are constantly changing. As you progress, you will learn that there different ways or methods that could or can be used to complete particular tasks, so students should not stress or get shocked when they run into these sorts of tasks.

Like any learning course that you encounter, you find it difficult at the first but that is the purpose of learning; you learn so that you can understand and that is the reason why students should never give up as the solutions are always around the corner and they are just waiting for you to find them.

Mentors

The Mentors are very knowledgable and helpful and they assistance and feedback is highly appreciated and so it is important for students to engage mentors when they run into issues that they will definetly encounter. But I highly encourage students to always do as much research as possible and only seek assistance when they really get stuck. You will find that on many occassions, you fill figure out the issue on your own and this builds your confidence as you move forward.

Fellow Students:

I highly encourage students to build friendships with other students no matter which bootcamp that they are enrolled in. All students encounter issues with their codes and you will find students willing to assist you and as a student yourself assisting other students..Always keep in mind that we are all here to learn and have some fun at the same time.

In Conclusion

Enjoy your journey and i wish you all the best,

• Sedeshtra Pillay  User Photo
    Sedeshtra Pillay • Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I could not rate this course highly enough. As someone with a Master's degree yet minimal coding experience, this bootcamp equipped me with the perfect tools to make a jump in my career towards data-driven management consulting. From Python to Tableau, this course covers the fundementals of what should be in the data scientist's toolbox. The support was fantastic, and the curriculum was challenging to say the least!

• Frederick  User Photo
    Frederick • IT Specialist • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

There are a lot of free* or “Self-taught” options online, and this could be a viable choice for some, but I personally felt that I needed some structure and guidance, having little experience with development. I work fulltime and opted for HyperionDev because I could complete the bootcamp part-time, over 6 months and still receive the same level of support as a fulltime student might get.

The bootcamp was split up into 3 levels, structuring it in a way that didn’t feel overwhelming. In addition to the lessons increasing in complexity as you continue, all the lessons prepare you to complete the next one. The lessons themselves are well structured and explained in an easily understandable way. However, you can’t rely on the lessons alone for all the information you need. Self-study and research will be crucial to fully grasping some topics and the lessons don’t always point that out.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the lessons and assignments and I’m highly satisfied with the outcome. I feel like I was defiantly given the tools I need to enter the field of software engineering and I’m confident that I am well prepared.