hyperiondev-logo

HyperionDev

Cape Town, Johannesburg, London, Online

HyperionDev

HyperionDev offers 6-month, part-time and full-time tech bootcamps in software engineering, data science, web development, and mobile development, available online and in Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa. Students learn part-time (about 8 hours per week), work in a 1:1 mentor relationship, and engage in a tailored course and coding exercises based on their career track of choice. The software engineering bootcamp covers Python, Java, object-oriented programming, and machine learning; the web development bootcamp covers full stack JavaScript with Node.js, MongoDB and Express; the data science bootcamp covers Python programming, machine learning, and data science libraries; and the mobile development bootcamp covers Java and Android concepts. HyperionDev, a division of CoGrammar founded in 2014, has the ambition to scale human-led education in programming. With the belief that machines can't match human developers, Hyperion Dev believes that learning to code is best achieved by having a coding educator review your code daily.

To apply, students should have a motivation and dedication to learn and apply their mind to more complex tasks in programming. The online bootcamp is written and spoken in English. Along with earning a Hyperion certification, students will also get career guidance and job search support.

Hyperion Dev provides career services in the form of technical CV insights, interview preparation, and network connections with hiring partners. Hyperion has partnered with organizations such as Google, The University of Cambridge, The Computer Science Association of South Africa, Oracle, and the South African Department of Education to ensure the highest quality standards.

Recent HyperionDev Reviews: Rating 4.74

all (54) reviews for HyperionDev →

Recent HyperionDev News

• Certified Full-Stack Web Developer Bootcamp

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Python, JavaScript, Django, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    Master HTML, CSS, Javascript, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, React, Python, and Django in 6 months part-time to guarantee your future as a web developer Combination of 3 segments from beginner to advanced: Web Development Essentials Back-end Web Development with Python Full Stack Web Development 6 months/part-time
    $899 per month $2250 for 2-part payment $3555 6 months upfront
    Beginner
    Bootcamp Prep course included
  • Certified Software Engineer Bootcamp

Data Science, Git, C#, Python, Django, Data Structures, Java
    Master Python and Java and learn to apply important computer science, data science and software engineering principles in 6 months to guarantee your future as a software engineer Bootcamp includes 3 courses from beginner to advanced: Introduction to Programming Introduction to Software Engineering Data Science and Algorithms Part-time, online 1:1 personalised daily mentorship
    $899 per month $2250 for 2-part payment, $3555 upfront
    Beginner
    Bootcamp prep course included
  • Data Science Bootcamp

Data is only as valuable as the person interpreting it. With our Data Science Bootcamp you learn how to use the right software and techniques to read visual and statistical data and present it in a way that solves real world problems. Master the Python programming language, learn the fundamentals of machine learning, and start using data science libraries such as scikit-learn, NumPy, Matplotlib and pandas. As data becomes the world’s most valuable resource, the demand for data scientists is off the charts and projected to grow further. Master the tools, techniques and knowledge required to think like a data scientist and switch to this highly valued, sought-after career.
    $500 scholarship for UK and US citizens

3 Scholarships

• $500 HyperionDev Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive HyperionDev scholarship for $500 off tuition!

This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.

• Certified Full-Stack Web Developer Bootcamp (Online)

• All courses in Online

This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.

• Certified Software Engineer Bootcamp (Online)

• Sipho • Intermediate Test Analyst • Graduate

Sipho has worked in the software development space for the past 2/5 years as a Softwa test Analyst. He has thrived to grow from a junior Test Analyst to an Intermediate Test Analyst within a space of 2 Years. However due to his greater ambition to become a full hands on Software developer, he enrolled with HyperionDev on a mobile Bootcamp which turned out to be a great experince and eye opening to endless oppportunities out there.

I found the course to be well stracured, gradaully introdoces fundamental cocepts to Intermediate concepts without leaving the novice mind behind.Cheers to the awesome mentors who are always there to help when needed, I would definately recommend Hyperion to anyone who wants to persue a career in b the tech space.

• Jordan B Roberts • Graduate

I started the Hyperion Web Development course at the start of this year, and think its one of the best decisions I made this whole year!

I wanted to make a career change into Software Development, but did not know from whom and where. I wanted a bootcamp that is recognized and will teach me from start to finish.

The knowledge I have gained and keep gaining from Hyperion's Full Stack Web Development has been nothing but great. They really raised my expertise and confidence in coding. The tasks are relevant to current trending issues in the world of technology from topics in data science to the latest web developing techniques.

I decided to do the course as I was searching for a more structured and disciplined way to learn Web Development. There is so much information out there and I attempted to teach myself, but I found that it was tough to keep up with all the info on the web.

Hyperion has provided me with a way to understand programming and code in a more in-depth and applied manner!

After you have completed your bootcamp they help you with your CV and they connect you with their partners for an opportunity at work

To summarize, Hyperion has provided an easy, clear and applicable learning experience for me, who previously knew little about coding.

Amazing team, amazing work. Thank you to everyone at HyperionDev!!

• Omeshan • Graduate

After completing my studies and traveling extensively I decided to pursue a certificate in Software Engineering. After much window shopping online, I decided to pursue my studies with HyperionDev due to their one-on-one mentor ship assistance. Needless to say, 6 months later, here I am with a completed Software Engineer qualification and getting ready for job interviews. The team at HyperionDev has been beyond amazing. The course material is relevant to current technologies and the mentor assistance has helped me out more than once! Would definitely recommend HyperioneDev to anyone looking to deepen their programming skills. I might just complete another bootcamp too! Great team, great work. Thank you to everyone at HyperionDev

• Enzu • Data analyst

My experience with Hyperion Development is outstanding, the mentors are great and they help you to get through those tough tasks that you may be struggling with. They also understand your circumstances and help where they can! The curriculum is up to standard and teaches you everything you need to know to start working. I found a developer intership only 5 months into my course, and am completing the rest of my studies at the moment. If you are struggling to decide where to study look no further Hyperion Development is where it’s at

• Louis Botha • Graduate

My course consisted of very good course material. The support I received was of the highest quality.

• Joakim • Graduate

I did the 12 week course, very happy with what I've learned and it was a great course for beginners.
    The only remark I have is that it would be nice with a little more feedback on the code you write. Although everytime I had a question I got help failry quickly.

All in all it's a good course for beginners that doesn't go too deep into the details but gives you the tools to do that yourself once you have finished it.

• Gina • Student

This Bootcamp was a great 6 month course to get me ready to enter the IT sectorr. I recently decided to change careers, when I signed up for the Bootcamp in December 2017, I was given lots of support and assistance to get things up and running quickly. I progressed through the tasks, with the help of my Mentor. who responded within 24 hours of my questions. Good Bootcamp for anyone anting to enter into IT and make a career change. Even if you are leaving school, it will show you the different tools to become a knowledgable web developer. Thanks Hyperion :)

• Good...better
    - 6/19/2018
    Dip Rawal • Graduate
    Good code with brilliant after service sum it all up. Course could use some updating and more lively but the job search is beyond great,fast and effective.
  • Chandra M. • Student

My experience with Hyperion Development has been nothing short of amazing. While I only officially start my bootcamp in April (I was supposed to start in January but was thankfully allowed to postpone to April), Sobane and the rest of the team have been very helpful and accommodating. I initially felt intimidated starting the bootcamp because I have no background in maths, science or coding but I no longer feel intimated as the Hyperion Development online talks on what it means to be a web developer have made me feel relaxed and excited to start my journey into the world of tech. I look forward to officially starting the course.

I had a great experience with Hyperion Development. The support was great and the course helped me not only improve my programming skills but also think like a true programmer.

• C# Essentials
    - 3/11/2018
    Dashan Pillay • Analyst • Student

Hyperion Dev is the first institute I've joined that is based online and I enjoyed the content as it is informative and relevant.

I have experience in the industry and after joining Hyperion Dev it has definitely opened up many more opportunities from a professional perspective.

They are also reasonably priced compared to other institutions and their staff are always helpful and accommodating.

I am still interested in completing other courses offered by Hyperion Dev and look forward to learning and developing new skills with them in future.

• Mnr
    - 2/21/2018
    Stephanus • Student

I wanted to start a bootcamp but did not know from whom and where.I wanted a bootcamp that is recognized and will teach me from start to finish. HyperionDev was the best of them all.I got feedback on my code so fast that I could not even stretch.The tasks are hard and challenging how it should be, my mentor was always there if I got stuck or did not understand a piece of code. I recommend them 100%.  After you have completed your bootcamp they help you with your CV and they connect you with their partners for an opportunity at work.

• Mr
    - 2/21/2018
    Thabang Rakgoropo • Junior • Student

The courses at hyperion dev are exciting and the course content is professional.The one on one mentor is the major support which helps me to solve difficult questions.The hyperion team is is so supportive and caring .I highly recomend hyperion dev as a first step for any one wishing to be a developer.

• Jannah Ruthven • Student

I started the Hyperion Web Development course at the end of last year, and have been enjoying every moment!

I decided to do the course as I was searching for a more structured and disciplined way to learn the back-end side of website development. There is so much information out there and I attempted to teach myself, but I found that it was tough to keep up with all the different avenues of online info.

I have only completed the first phase of the course, learning PHP and HTML, and can't wait to start the rest. Typically I spent  2-4 hours on each task, which was extremely manageable as I am working full time and doing the course on a part-time basis.  IF you were doing it full time, I think you would easily be able to finish the first phase of the course in a few weeks.

Not only is the course material clear and informative, but by being assigned a mentor, I had constant assistance with any concepts that I struggled with.  And it was all done online.

The course definitely requires self-discipline and independent research from the student. But those skills are necessary for success in any field!

To summarise, Hyperion has provided an easy, clear and applicable learning experience for me, who previously knew nothing about coding.

• Byron • Student

This course has been a truly enriching experience. I have learned so much through it and have grown in both skill and confidence as a coder. I would recommend it to anybody - nomatter your skill level, because of the amazing support offered by the mentors.

• Jeff Geyer • IT Manager • Student

I completed the PHP and Web Development Essentials course which was excellent.  I learnt alot about linking the html to the php code.
    The reason why I'm giving this two stars is because I started on the second course which was "Introduction to Web Development" and the course syllabus was changed from what was originally agreed on due to new material...  I was not happy with the course contents so I was demotivated and did not really want to finish the course.

• A good foundation
    - 1/27/2018
    Lizl Kruger • DevOps • Graduate

The Certified Software Engineer course has given me a great foundation to build further programming knowledge on. Having an instructor to guide you throughout is a great help and it ensures that you never feel lost when you're stuck on a certain task.

I do wish, though, that they could have helped me after I completed the course, as I was still very nervous and unsure which jobs I were qualified to do. But all in all, if not for HyperionDev, I would not be a developer today.

• Johannes Joubert • Sales Assistant • Student

Good Day my name is Johannes Joubert I always had a dream and passion for Web Develoment but never had the Financials to study the course untill I heard about Hyperion Develoment Online Web Development & Programming Courses I did some research about them and the courses they offer also thier payment plans and when I saw about how affortable they were I jumped at the chance and contacted them.the consultant that answered was very helpfull and in minutes I was Registerd and began my course on Web Develoment.Since I started this course I learned alot about Web Develoment things that I never knew before about Coding after I finish my Bootcamp I'm definately going to study further with Hyperion Develoment.If there is anyone out there who is thinking of studying Web Development or Computer programming I would Recomment you study with Hyperion Development the Courses are affortable and the online support from your Mentor is outstanding I never been this happy with studying anywhere before.Thank You Hyperion for the oppertunity to study with such a great online institution.

Kind Regards

Johannes Joubert

• Lawrence • Graduate

This company provides online software engineering, web development and mobile development bootcamps and a lot of short courses. A personal mentor with a ton of support is also provided with the course as well as career guidance and mentorship upon completion of the course.

• Ismail Adat • Junior Web Developer • Student

At begining I had chosen full stack web dev. At a later stage, after consuting with my mentor and explained my goals and what I wanted to actually study, I was advised to take on PHP Essentials. This helped me moved forward much faster as I had experience with HTML. The course content was well structured and my mentor was ever ready to assist when I needed help.Online informative webinars, 1 on 1 mentor led asistance, I feel like I was a unique student who had a hand on my shoulder that guided me each time I went off track. There are so many online Institutes that offer programming to people and when compared to Hyperion Dev, Hyperion is still the best in so many ways. To mention a few:

• Flexible with Costs - structured according to individuals salary bracket
    • Immediate response to students - students problems addressed efficiently and in much detail
    • Support calls from assigned mentor

The list goes on.

Overall, Hyperion have really explored out what is offered out there and have tailored their courses and other aspects to fit the needs of every individual that has a dream to become a Developer.

THANK YOU HYPERION!

I look forward to continuing my journey with you

• Very Impressed
    - 11/23/2017
    Muneer Variawa • Managing Director • Student

Firstly, my background in formal education is in the legal field, and I currently own my own business. I came across hyperion when searching institutions on google whereby I could firstly increase and improve my skillset as well as to make my self more employable. Seeing that "software will eat the world" I decided to focus my search on software/web development.

I was entirely new in this field, some would say totally computer illiterate. With hyperiondev, I found a structure that challenges me and works. Make no mistake I have to put the hours in order to complete the tasks.

I appreciate the mentor support, as it is the perfect mix of allowing one to investigate the various possibilities and making mistakes in order to learn, but still being there to correct you when and should you need it. Its by no means being spoon fed, you have to put in the work in order to complete the tasks.

Thats what makes it so satisfying when you complete a module. I believe the hyperiondev mentors have it spot on with regards to tutoring you and have found a brilliant balance in doing same.

The course content and layout is also first class. I'm truly impressed and inspired to pursue another bootcamp with them once i'm done with this one.

• Wesley Klein • Student

Underwent their Intermediate Java course, it is structured very well to allow ease of learning. The one on one mentor really helps to go through the course. Coming from a online university this is a big step up, you dont feel like a lone student out of a 1000 that can get lost in the crowd. Really good course highly recommended.

• Python
    - 10/24/2017
    Zwelihle Lindelani Biyela • Student

I have never studied online coding course before until I joined Hyperion. But I’ve been attending coding course at I Learn to Live, where they’ve shown me basics about coding, such as HTML, PHP and CSS. It was a two month basic course which I enjoyed. That’s why I chose to continue with coding. Now I am with Hyperion course’s and I am happy to the part of the course. I love new challenges its helps with mental capabilities. The mentor Mr Masood is very attentive. The most difficulties I am facing in the course is depth of English they using, so English is my second language. The course can be more fun and enjoyable to do if they can ease up on the English, but anyone can join the course it is fun and its keeps the mind busy.

• python
    - 10/24/2017
    Phumlani Zungu • Student

It is my first time doing online coding course and it is a great experience for me, and also the python code is a powerful language to learn. I have gained a lot in python, I learned that before writing my python code I can have my pseudo code first. I did scratch (kids coding) and also html before. The Hyperion course is good and enjoyable. Having a mentor and having a webinar help and make the course easy, but if we can have more of the webinars I think it will be more easy and enjoyable to learn python code. Python is a good language to learn, it is a code written in simple English, anyone can read the code. Sometimes I find it difficult to understand what the question is asking because high level of English is used. English is my second language. Maybe if simple English is used, anyone can simple understand what is expected. Hyperion is offering a good and powerful course that anyone can master, Doing Hyperion course you can become a great coder.

• Hyperion Dev Review
    - 10/17/2017
    Chris van der Merwe • Student

Hyperion Development offers a coding education that is not otherwise offered in South Africa (as far as I know). The quality of the material is great and up to date and the 1-on-1 support offered by their mentors is great for getting through difficult parts. They offer a wide array of certificates, from web development to some data science. As far as coding schools go, you can't go wrong with this one.