To apply, students should have a motivation and dedication to learn and apply their mind to more complex tasks in programming. The online bootcamp is written and spoken in English. Along with earning a Hyperion certification, students will also get career guidance and job search support.
Hyperion Dev provides career services in the form of technical CV insights, interview preparation, and network connections with hiring partners. Hyperion has partnered with organizations such as Google, The University of Cambridge, The Computer Science Association of South Africa, Oracle, and the South African Department of Education to ensure the highest quality standards.
Recent HyperionDev Reviews: Rating 4.71
Recent HyperionDev News
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week26 Weeks
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans $999 per month $2499 for 2-part payment $3945 6 months upfront
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Prep Work Bootcamp Prep course included Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $3,945 Class size N/A Location OnlineMaster Python and Java and learn to apply important computer science, data science and software engineering principles in 6 months to guarantee your future as a software engineer Bootcamp includes 3 courses from beginner to advanced: Introduction to Programming Introduction to Software Engineering Data Science and Algorithms Part-time, online 1:1 personalised daily mentorship
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans $999 per month $2499 for 2-part payment $3945 6 months upfront
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Prep Work Bootcamp prep course included Placement Test No Interview No
- Data Science, Data Visualization, Machine Learning, Data Analytics , Data Structures, Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence
OnlinePart Time24 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $3,945 Class size N/A Location OnlineData is only as valuable as the person interpreting it. With our Data Science Bootcamp you learn how to use the right software and techniques to read visual and statistical data and present it in a way that solves real world problems. Master the Python programming language, learn the fundamentals of machine learning, and start using data science libraries such as scikit-learn, NumPy, Matplotlib and pandas. As data becomes the world’s most valuable resource, the demand for data scientists is off the charts and projected to grow further. Master the tools, techniques and knowledge required to think like a data scientist and switch to this highly valued, sought-after career.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans $999 per month $2499 for 2-part payment $3945 6 months upfront
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
86 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Great Course!- 11/9/2017Katherine Barber • Marketing Director • Graduate • Course: PHP & Web Development Essentials • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I did the PHP and Web Development Essentials course through Hyperion Development. The course was well structured and perfect for the beginner - it took me from the very basics of php development, right through to learning functions, loops, text files and other useful techniques. The tasks were challenging and really made my brain work. I received great support when needed. I can honestly say that I feel confident in my ability to develope basic interactive and functional websites after doing this course. I have ony got two criticisms: there were quite a lot of grammatical and spelling errors in the course content, and I would have liked a little more elaborate feedback from my mentor. I would definitely do a course with Hyperion again.
- Yusuf Isaacs • IT Assistant/Technician • Graduate • Course: Advanced Mobile Developer • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHub
I was having some problems with Hyperion after completing my course. I was quickly contacted by the CEO who managed to resolve the concerns I was having. Before this, I had no problems with Hyperion and the curriculum was great. Having a mentor guide you, when you are stuck, is very useful when doing an online course. I would recommend this school to anyone and would also consider registering for another course in the future.
- Student/Alumni- 11/15/2019Khanyisani Kubheka • Student/Alumni
Before starting the Data Science bootcamp, I had no experience in coding. 6 months down the line, I have coded so much that my collegues at work believe that I know every coding language. However, I can confidently say that I am now comfortable with Python.
This code, has not only taught me how to do coding only. It has taught me how to look for relevant information that can help me build models that work.
My mentor was very helpful and I must admit the career support people are very helpful and nice as well.
I would recommend this course to friends and family. I believe it is a good investment.
At moment I just need to finish my last few tasks.
- Data Science Bootcamp- 11/7/2019Ryan Charlton • Policeman • Student • Course: Data Science Bootcamp • Campus: Online
I am currently a student at HyperionDev in South Africa, and am more than half way through the bootcamp.
The bootcamp is challenging and meets all my expectations. It is really a good self study and you have to do a lot of research, which HyperionDev put you on the right path with Milestone Projects to complete it really is a must for everyone seeking to gain knowledge in the Data Science field.
I am 45 years old and there really is no age limit to furthering knowledge. This bootcamp has placed me on a clear path of my goals where I was not gaining much from random courses on youtube and Udemy, not that these are bad platforms to learn but they can be overwhelming with knowledge for a beginner.
I would recommend a bootcamp in the relevant field of study because it is rigorous and tests your knowledge and skills in a step by step format. The instructors are always available and assist where ever I am in need. I llok forward to an exciting switch in my career. With computers and programming knowledge there is no age limit.
- Software engineering bootcamp- 11/6/2019Abongile Mbuqe • Student • Campus: Online
I’m currently doing the software engineering bootcamp at Hyperiondev, the course is very structured and straightforward. My mentor has been very encouraging and motivates me when I feel stuck during the bootcamp.
I didn’t have prior coding skills/experience before I started the course so I found it very hard at times, but I video call or email my mentor when the going gets tough and she hepls me solve whatever problem I might be having in my code and clearly explains some of the concepts I may be struggling with.
- Software Engineering Student- 10/30/2019Ashwill • Executive Assistant • Student
- Junior Software Engineer- 10/28/2019Simphiwe Kubeka • Student • Course: Certified Software Engineer Bootcamp • Campus: Online
Very cool and interactive, full of basic teach and advance exmaples which give you a better understanding and help with practical steps.
Teaching the fundementals and mentors to help you when stuck.
Only thing that was missing are vidoe content to help with the course content.
- Mr- 10/23/2019Kuma Lawrence Shing • Student • Campus: Cape Town
If you' want to code , either as beginner with a zero programming background , or as someone with some knowledge in coding ,or someone looking to switch careers into tech but don't know where to start, HyperionDev is definitely the place to go to .
There are many reasons why many people are getting into tech and whatever your reason is , you need to start from somewhere. I had a job interview just under 2 weeks after my program.That's huge for someone like me that had zero knowledge in coding. Hyperion did that for me.
- Independence with Support- 10/23/2019Alex • Student • Campus: Cape Town
During the 1st month of studying with HyperionDev, I had no experience with coding. However, through hard work & support of my mentors, I quickly learned to write programs by doing my own research, asking questions & learning new concepts.
The support is reassuring, it makes you feel that what you're doing is constructive. That you'll be able to takes these skills & implement it in your everyday life. They also challenge your logic & creativity with tasks that help stretch your mind & it's capabilities
Only negatives I consider are that some of the learning content is a bit outdated & that some of the tasks are repetitive.
- Moderately Valuable- 10/22/2019Leroy • Software Developer • Student • Campus: Cape Town
The Courses that HyperonDev offers are courses that are valuable in their ownn right. Hyperion offers optimum support to every student enrolled with their courses and this helps one's constant progress and understanding. overall, Hyperion has a host of resources from which one can continuously learn and grow their understanding. I would definitely recommend HyperionDev to anyone looking to learn compuiter porgrramming.
- Mr- 10/22/2019Serge Thomas Mughemuzi • Student • Student • Campus: Johannesburg
It's a dope bootcamp, the support is tremendous and always there. The coding challenges they give you after each lesson are quite engaging, they build on what you have been reading up on and the materials they have given. I have made steady progress due to this. The support is online and physical, the mentor i am assigned to is always there and ready to help. He knows his stuff and is always showing on ways to improve the work, plus he has an awesome personality so i've inadvertently made a new friend. They keep you on your feet by giving you mini projects after a few tasks that will add on your experience and help your portfolio which to me is a huge plus, as i plan to break into software development and increase my rank towards my career as a software developer.
- Web Developer Bootcamp- 10/22/2019Talitha Kruger • Graduate • Course: Certified Full Stack Web Developer • Campus: Online
My experience at Hyperion Development has been great!
They offer amazing support, and their mentors are exceptional at what they do and how they support the students, even on weekends and late at night!
The course has a gradual acceleration, and encourages amazing growth through every module.
The career support post-course is an added bonus and what makes HyperionDev stand out.
- Software engineering bootcamp- 10/22/2019Yolandi • Student • Course: Certified Software Engineer Bootcamp • Campus: OnlineI am currently doing the software engineering bootcamp. So far I am satisfied with course. Don't be mistaken, it is tuff. You'll need to have a lot of time to work through the tasks. It is very time consuming, especially if you are not familiar with coding. There is no requirement for the course but you definitely need mathematical and logical thinking skills. The course content is limited, you will need to have internet access and a lot of time to read up on relevant topics. There is absolutely no way that you can complete the tasks without doing your own research on programming platforms like geeks4geeks. Patience is key, you must be willing to trail and error . But most importantly if you decide to do a bootcamp, you need to be committed. Your dedication will determine your success. The mentor are very willing and able to help but they won't solve the problems for you, they will lead you in the right direction. The reviews are excellent and very useful. You will learn a lot and I believe it will definitely be worth all the hard work! Goodluck to anyone who pursues to enroll for a programming course.
- Coding bootcamp- 10/22/2019Douglas • Student • Course: Certified Full-Stack Web Developer Bootcamp • Campus: Online
Very good coding bootcamp, if you are wanting to switch careers.
I did this bootcamp on a part-time bases.
Even though there were times that I felt like giving up, one must perservere through the difficulties.
The mentor is there to help out, and most times within 24 hours of the query being placed.
- Course Report- 10/22/2019Kgorompe Chabalala • Jnr Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Introduction to Software Engineering • Campus: Online
I'm finding the couse great so far, I was registered for the full-time Software Dev bootcamp before I changed it to part-time because I got a job about a week after registration.
I'm able to do my job and coursework simultaneously. I'm a bit behind the expected progress because the previous week was hectic at work but I can still catch up because the course is well-paced and allows one the flexibility of working ahead or lagging (if need be).
The content is great, I'm not a first time programmer/coder so it is not that difficult to get through... it shouldn't be that difficult for anyone to follow though because the lessons are broken up in a way that makes it easy to understand.
- [Data_Science]- 10/14/2019Kamil • Graduate • Course: Data Science Bootcamp • Campus: Online
Undoubtedly one of the better institutions I have had the privilege of studying through. What initially attracted me to Hyperion was they give one the opportunity to trial out the bootcamp before signing up and committing to payment, so you can get a feel for which bootcamp attracts you the most.
The modus operandi of Hyperion Development was phenomenal. The simplicity of navigating through the bootcamp was amazing, if anything Hyperion strives on making the bootcamp as comfortable, enjoyable and insightful as possible. They have an excellent mentorship team who are extremely supportive, patient, professional, possess a wealth of knowledge and brilliance and explain incredibly well for you to grasp the concepts.
The course content is well structured and very current, allowing one to stay abreast with the times. They provide you with enough examples and instructions throughout each level of the bootcamp (Level 1: Python for Data Science; Level 2: Data Analytics and Exploration; Level 3: Machine Learning).
Having never been exposed to coding or computer science on an academic level, I would say I was rather 'green' at first, but soon found my feet. The course eases you into it by teaching you from basics and first principles. The mentor team are readily available to guide you when you hit a hurdle and are always willing to assist where possible, by TEACHING you. Really an awesome team. It was a great bootcamp overall, a good mixture of challenges, 'ah-ha' moments, and fun.
As an option and once you are complete with the bootcamp you have the privilege of career support where they guide you into becoming marketable as well as finding you placement in companies looking for Data Scientists - how awesome is that!?!
Absolutely no regrets from choosing Hyperion! Hyperion is a great institution, with a well-constructed bootcamp, a great team and most of all a wealth of knowledge was shared and gained, this bootcamp has definitely laid the foundation for my future and equipped me with the skill set for industry 4.0 and IoT.
- Mr- 10/11/2019Nizaam • Graduate • Campus: Cape Town
My time with HyperionDev has been quite an amazing experience, their service and support they have provided me has left me motivated to excell in the field of software engineering. I can recommend HyperionDev to anyone who would like to pursue a carrer in tech.
- Full Stack Web Development- 9/26/2019Catharina • Student • Course: Certified Full Stack Web Developer • Campus: Online
- Mr- 9/23/2019Musa • Student (web engineer) • Student • Campus: Cape Town
- The school for cool- 9/6/2019Francois Mc Gregor • # • Graduate • Course: Introduction to Software Engineering • Campus: Online
My course started off with a bang because they involved coding before I even registered. They allowed me to do an assessment task to see if coding was the right "fit" for me. I found it to be both challenging and exciting at the same time. The registration process was a breeze and the staff were very friendly, helpful and informative. I say this because a mentor assisted me with a query I submitted just after midnight. I call that "going the extra mile"! As you can expect from any institution it didn't always go smoothly. I had my doubts when I lost contact with my mentor but they jumped on the issue to make sure that I could be assisted by someone else and kept me in the loop at all times. The student adviser kept in touch to check whether I was still happy and this made me feel like they really care about their students. I had a problem with not being able to finish my course in the allocated time and they had no issue with extending the timeline so I could complete my source without having to rush and not take in the stuff I was supposed to learn. Overall, I am very happy with Hyperion Dev and I would most definitely recommend them to any person out there who is looking at making the career switch!!!!!
- Hyperiondev data science bootcamp review- 9/3/2019Jaco • analyst • Student • Course: Data Science Bootcamp • Campus: Online
Currently in progress to complete my bootcamp, but I must say until now it has been a very good experience for me. The way the bootcamp is structured works for me since it focusses on the completion of both minor and bigger (capstone tasks) instead of just throwing a big project at you with the hope that you will somehow figure it out. Since one's knowlege is build incrementally it helps one a lot once you have to complete a capstone project, since one now has the knowledge to know what to do and what is expected from them.
Furthermore, the mentor provided to me is/was (since I am still busy at the moment) great and always provided me with very good tips to improve. Review times were also fast and structured with good feedback to improve in any area.
I would recommend Hyperiondev should anybody want to increase/expand their knowledge in any IT related field since Hyperiondev takes the individual serious and wants them to succeed.
- Satisfied graduate- 9/3/2019Stefan Hattingh • Devops developer • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Web Developer • Campus: Online
I recently completed the Full stack web developer bootcamp at Hyperion Development and really enjoyed it. The course material was slightly outdated but still good and touched on most technologies required to become a developer.
The mentor support for the first two levels was excellent but I unfortunately received very little assistance during level three which was disappointing.
Overall a good course and worth the money.
- Software Engineering- 8/10/2019Justin Dudley • Graduate • Course: Certified Software Engineer Bootcamp • Campus: Online
- Making a career change easy- 8/8/2019Brendan • Intern Developer/ Teacher's Assistant • Graduate • Course: Certified Software Engineer Bootcamp • Campus: Online
About a year ago I decided that I needed a change in career. I thought about my brief experience with programming in highschool and how much I enjoyed it. I decided that was the path that I wanted to take, but I had no idea how to get started, I was also a bit worried about how I was going to put in the time and actually get fully submerged into learning.
A friend of mine recommended HyperionDev and after a couple of months of playing with the idea, I decided to make the bold move of resigning my job and taking on their full time Software Engineering Bootcamp. I started with barely any knowledge of the field, I put my head down and invested all of my time to working on the tasks.
It was a challenge (as is to be expected) but with the help of my assigned mentor I managed to get through the tasks and build up my foundations task by task. I ended up finishing the course and took to solidifying my knowledge by getting involved in the forums and helping students when they stuck.
Around 2 weeks later I was contacted by Sobane who asked if I would be interested in joining the HyperionDev team as an intern developer and helping out the onsite students as a teacher's assistant. I jumped at the opportunity and am now realising what a strong foundation the bootcamp actually gave me.
Overall it is a great course that covers a lot of ground and by the end of it you will have the confidence you need to enter the job market. Other than the personalised mentorship I would say a massive highlight of the bootcamps is the tasks, they are challenging and force you to apply the knowledge you have covered previously, making sure that it sticks with you.
- My Experience so far- 8/7/2019Ruan de Beer • Unemployed • Student • Campus: Cape Town
I joined Hyperion Dev before... well better to say i tried to get into the free course, but didnt make the cut. I later tried again. This time i joined the payed course. I took the chance of using the money for my car to invest into my future in Software Developer. I am close to half way done with my course and loving every moment of it. My mentor is extremely helpful and the other students help eachother out. We are like a small family that are striving to see eachother succeed. I have 2 months remaining and i am moving forward at a great pace and undestanding the work i do better the more i work with it. In the future i will come back for the other courses should the need arrise or should i have the time. I can't say anything on the job assistance because im still busy with the couse, but i believe in Hyperion Dev.