hyperiondev-logo

HyperionDev

Cape Town, Johannesburg, London, Online

HyperionDev

HyperionDev offers part-time and full-time bootcamps in software engineering (6-12 months), data science (3-6 months), and web development (3-6 months) available online and in person at campuses in Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa. HyperionDev’s deep experience supports students’ ability to code and helps them achieve career-focused skills. Students will engage in tailored courses and coding exercises that integrate human-led code review. HyperionDev has partnered with organizations such as Google, Facebook, The University of Edinburgh, The Computer Science Association of South Africa, Oracle, and the South African Department of Education to ensure the highest quality standards.

To apply, students should have a motivation and dedication to learn and apply their minds to more complex tasks in programming. The bootcamps are written and spoken in English.

Along with earning a HyperionDev certification, students will also get career guidance and job search support once they have completed their bootcamp successfully. Career services include interview preparation, CV and portfolio preparation, and access to HyperionDev’s hiring network.

Recent HyperionDev Reviews: Rating 4.65

all (175) reviews for HyperionDev →

Recent HyperionDev News

Read all (9) articles about HyperionDev →
  • Certified Full Stack Web & Software Engineer Bootcamp

CSS, Express.js, Front End, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, MongoDB, Node.js, PHP, React.js, Wordpress
    LocationCape Town, Johannesburg
    Become a master of software engineering and full stack web development principles in our most comprehensive and in-depth bootcamp. This 6-month full-time bootcamp blends online and face-to-face sessions to provide you with a deep and extensive set of tech skills to meet all the demands of the modern workplace. Learn how to manage the front and back ends of a website, create software applications and manipulate data. You will have access to 1-on-1 mentorship, video calls, and professional career support services, with a guaranteed 3-month internship after graduation to cement your skills. At the end of this 6-month online course, you’ll be able to build websites, manage databases, and create applications, and have the confidence to fill the demands of any tech position. ** AVAILABLE ONLY FOR RESIDENTS OF SOUTH AFRICA. MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE ON-SITE CHECK-INS AT CPT AND JHB CAMPUSES **
    Tuition Plans$1249 Monthly $6477 Upfront
  • Data Science Bootcamp

Data is only as valuable as the person interpreting it. With our Data Science Bootcamp you learn how to use the right software and techniques to read visual and statistical data and present it in a way that solves real world problems. Master the Python programming language, learn the fundamentals of machine learning, and start using data science libraries such as scikit-learn, NumPy, Matplotlib and pandas. As data becomes the world’s most valuable resource, the demand for data scientists is off the charts and projected to grow further. Master the tools, techniques and knowledge required to think like a data scientist and switch to this highly valued, sought-after career.
  • Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp

CSS, Django, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL, Python, MongoDB, Node.js, React.js
    Master HTML, CSS, Javascript, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, React, Python, and Django in 6 months part-time to guarantee your future as a web developer Combination of 3 segments from beginner to advanced: Web Development Essentials Back-end Web Development with Python Full Stack Web Development 6 months/part-time.
    Prep WorkBootcamp Prep course included
  • Software Engineer Bootcamp

C#, Django, Git, Java, Python, Data Science, Data Structures
    Master Python and Java and learn to apply important computer science, data science and software engineering principles in 6 months to guarantee your future as a software engineer Bootcamp includes 3 courses from beginner to advanced: Introduction to Programming Introduction to Software Engineering Data Science and Algorithms Part-time, online 1:1 personalised daily mentorship
    Prep WorkBootcamp prep course included
  • The University of Edinburgh Data Science bootcamp

Python, Machine Learning, Data Science
    Cost£7,500
    Data is only as valuable as the person interpreting it. In this highly intensive and skills-focussed online data science course, you’ll learn how to use the best software and techniques to read visual and statistical data and present it in a way that solves real-world problems. Master the Python programming language, learn the fundamentals of machine learning, and start using data science libraries such as scikit-learn, NumPy, Matplotlib and pandas. As data becomes the world’s most valuable resource, the demand for data scientists is rising rapidly. Master the tools, techniques and knowledge required to think like a data scientist and switch to this highly valued, sought-after career.
  • The University of Edinburgh Full Stack Web Developer bootcamp

React.js, Node.js, MongoDB, JavaScript, HTML, Express.js, CSS
    Cost£7,500
    This comprehensive full stack web development course, teaches you to build your own dynamic, data-driven web applications. Learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Node.js, MongoDB, Express and React in just 3 to 6 months, and begin your career as a web developer. By 2021, it’s projected 1 million computer programming jobs in the U.S. will go unfilled – as well as 700,000 in Europe – thanks to unprecedented demand for qualified web developers in the tech sector.
  • The University of Edinburgh Software Engineering bootcamp

Python, Machine Learning, Java
    Cost£7,500
    In this Software Engineering bootcamp, you’ll master Python and Java and learn to apply important computer science, data science and software engineering principles. Learn Python, Java, Object Oriented Programming, and machine learning in just 3 to 6 months to guarantee your future as a software engineer. Software engineering is a creative career that allows you to work with software, hardware and other computer systems in a wide variety of industries and jobs. This software developer course will place you at the heart of the digital economy, with endless scope for growth. Start your coding journey today towards becoming an in-demand software engineer.
  • Jeff Geyer • IT Manager • Student

I completed the PHP and Web Development Essentials course which was excellent.  I learnt alot about linking the html to the php code.
    The reason why I'm giving this two stars is because I started on the second course which was "Introduction to Web Development" and the course syllabus was changed from what was originally agreed on due to new material...  I was not happy with the course contents so I was demotivated and did not really want to finish the course.

• A good foundation
    - 1/27/2018
    Lizl Kruger • DevOps • Graduate

The Certified Software Engineer course has given me a great foundation to build further programming knowledge on. Having an instructor to guide you throughout is a great help and it ensures that you never feel lost when you're stuck on a certain task.

I do wish, though, that they could have helped me after I completed the course, as I was still very nervous and unsure which jobs I were qualified to do. But all in all, if not for HyperionDev, I would not be a developer today.

• Johannes Joubert • Sales Assistant • Student

Good Day my name is Johannes Joubert I always had a dream and passion for Web Develoment but never had the Financials to study the course untill I heard about Hyperion Develoment Online Web Development & Programming Courses I did some research about them and the courses they offer also thier payment plans and when I saw about how affortable they were I jumped at the chance and contacted them.the consultant that answered was very helpfull and in minutes I was Registerd and began my course on Web Develoment.Since I started this course I learned alot about Web Develoment things that I never knew before about Coding after I finish my Bootcamp I'm definately going to study further with Hyperion Develoment.If there is anyone out there who is thinking of studying Web Development or Computer programming I would Recomment you study with Hyperion Development the Courses are affortable and the online support from your Mentor is outstanding I never been this happy with studying anywhere before.Thank You Hyperion for the oppertunity to study with such a great online institution.

Kind Regards

Johannes Joubert

• Lawrence • Graduate

This company provides online software engineering, web development and mobile development bootcamps and a lot of short courses. A personal mentor with a ton of support is also provided with the course as well as career guidance and mentorship upon completion of the course.

• Ismail Adat • Junior Web Developer • Student

At begining I had chosen full stack web dev. At a later stage, after consuting with my mentor and explained my goals and what I wanted to actually study, I was advised to take on PHP Essentials. This helped me moved forward much faster as I had experience with HTML. The course content was well structured and my mentor was ever ready to assist when I needed help.Online informative webinars, 1 on 1 mentor led asistance, I feel like I was a unique student who had a hand on my shoulder that guided me each time I went off track. There are so many online Institutes that offer programming to people and when compared to Hyperion Dev, Hyperion is still the best in so many ways. To mention a few:

• Flexible with Costs - structured according to individuals salary bracket
    • Immediate response to students - students problems addressed efficiently and in much detail
    • Support calls from assigned mentor

The list goes on.

Overall, Hyperion have really explored out what is offered out there and have tailored their courses and other aspects to fit the needs of every individual that has a dream to become a Developer.

THANK YOU HYPERION!

I look forward to continuing my journey with you

• Very Impressed
    - 11/23/2017
    Muneer Variawa • Managing Director • Student

Firstly, my background in formal education is in the legal field, and I currently own my own business. I came across hyperion when searching institutions on google whereby I could firstly increase and improve my skillset as well as to make my self more employable. Seeing that "software will eat the world" I decided to focus my search on software/web development.

I was entirely new in this field, some would say totally computer illiterate. With hyperiondev, I found a structure that challenges me and works. Make no mistake I have to put the hours in order to complete the tasks.

I appreciate the mentor support, as it is the perfect mix of allowing one to investigate the various possibilities and making mistakes in order to learn, but still being there to correct you when and should you need it. Its by no means being spoon fed, you have to put in the work in order to complete the tasks.

Thats what makes it so satisfying when you complete a module. I believe the hyperiondev mentors have it spot on with regards to tutoring you and have found a brilliant balance in doing same.

The course content and layout is also first class. I'm truly impressed and inspired to pursue another bootcamp with them once i'm done with this one.

• Wesley Klein • Student

Underwent their Intermediate Java course, it is structured very well to allow ease of learning. The one on one mentor really helps to go through the course. Coming from a online university this is a big step up, you dont feel like a lone student out of a 1000 that can get lost in the crowd. Really good course highly recommended.

• Python
    - 10/24/2017
    Zwelihle Lindelani Biyela • Student

I have never studied online coding course before until I joined Hyperion. But I’ve been attending coding course at I Learn to Live, where they’ve shown me basics about coding, such as HTML, PHP and CSS. It was a two month basic course which I enjoyed. That’s why I chose to continue with coding. Now I am with Hyperion course’s and I am happy to the part of the course. I love new challenges its helps with mental capabilities. The mentor Mr Masood is very attentive. The most difficulties I am facing in the course is depth of English they using, so English is my second language. The course can be more fun and enjoyable to do if they can ease up on the English, but anyone can join the course it is fun and its keeps the mind busy.

• python
    - 10/24/2017
    Phumlani Zungu • Student

It is my first time doing online coding course and it is a great experience for me, and also the python code is a powerful language to learn. I have gained a lot in python, I learned that before writing my python code I can have my pseudo code first. I did scratch (kids coding) and also html before. The Hyperion course is good and enjoyable. Having a mentor and having a webinar help and make the course easy, but if we can have more of the webinars I think it will be more easy and enjoyable to learn python code. Python is a good language to learn, it is a code written in simple English, anyone can read the code. Sometimes I find it difficult to understand what the question is asking because high level of English is used. English is my second language. Maybe if simple English is used, anyone can simple understand what is expected. Hyperion is offering a good and powerful course that anyone can master, Doing Hyperion course you can become a great coder.

• Hyperion Dev Review
    - 10/17/2017
    Chris van der Merwe • Student

Hyperion Development offers a coding education that is not otherwise offered in South Africa (as far as I know). The quality of the material is great and up to date and the 1-on-1 support offered by their mentors is great for getting through difficult parts. They offer a wide array of certificates, from web development to some data science. As far as coding schools go, you can't go wrong with this one.

• Great School.
    - 10/6/2017
    David Miller

I would highly recommend this school to anyone in South Africa or visiting. Easy learning and great help ! Top mentors aswell :).

Overall an amazing bootcamp and an amazing expercience some of the course content was outdated for refrence the react routes was missing information that was needed to use routes