hyperiondev-logo

HyperionDev

Cape Town, Johannesburg, London, Online

HyperionDev

HyperionDev offers part-time and full-time bootcamps in software engineering (6-12 months), data science (3-6 months), and web development (3-6 months) available online and in person at campuses in Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa. HyperionDev’s deep experience supports students’ ability to code and helps them achieve career-focused skills. Students will engage in tailored courses and coding exercises that integrate human-led code review. HyperionDev has partnered with organizations such as Google, Facebook, The University of Edinburgh, The Computer Science Association of South Africa, Oracle, and the South African Department of Education to ensure the highest quality standards.

To apply, students should have a motivation and dedication to learn and apply their minds to more complex tasks in programming. The bootcamps are written and spoken in English.

Along with earning a HyperionDev certification, students will also get career guidance and job search support once they have completed their bootcamp successfully. Career services include interview preparation, CV and portfolio preparation, and access to HyperionDev’s hiring network.

Recent HyperionDev Reviews: Rating 4.65

all (175) reviews for HyperionDev →

Recent HyperionDev News

Read all (9) articles about HyperionDev →
  • Certified Full Stack Web & Software Engineer Bootcamp

CSS, Express.js, Front End, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, MongoDB, Node.js, PHP, React.js, Wordpress
    LocationCape Town, Johannesburg
    Become a master of software engineering and full stack web development principles in our most comprehensive and in-depth bootcamp. This 6-month full-time bootcamp blends online and face-to-face sessions to provide you with a deep and extensive set of tech skills to meet all the demands of the modern workplace. Learn how to manage the front and back ends of a website, create software applications and manipulate data. You will have access to 1-on-1 mentorship, video calls, and professional career support services, with a guaranteed 3-month internship after graduation to cement your skills. At the end of this 6-month online course, you’ll be able to build websites, manage databases, and create applications, and have the confidence to fill the demands of any tech position. ** AVAILABLE ONLY FOR RESIDENTS OF SOUTH AFRICA. MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE ON-SITE CHECK-INS AT CPT AND JHB CAMPUSES **
    Tuition Plans$1249 Monthly $6477 Upfront
  • Data Science Bootcamp

Data is only as valuable as the person interpreting it. With our Data Science Bootcamp you learn how to use the right software and techniques to read visual and statistical data and present it in a way that solves real world problems. Master the Python programming language, learn the fundamentals of machine learning, and start using data science libraries such as scikit-learn, NumPy, Matplotlib and pandas. As data becomes the world’s most valuable resource, the demand for data scientists is off the charts and projected to grow further. Master the tools, techniques and knowledge required to think like a data scientist and switch to this highly valued, sought-after career.
  • Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp

CSS, Django, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL, Python, MongoDB, Node.js, React.js
    Master HTML, CSS, Javascript, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, React, Python, and Django in 6 months part-time to guarantee your future as a web developer Combination of 3 segments from beginner to advanced: Web Development Essentials Back-end Web Development with Python Full Stack Web Development 6 months/part-time.
    Prep WorkBootcamp Prep course included
  • Software Engineer Bootcamp

C#, Django, Git, Java, Python, Data Science, Data Structures
    Master Python and Java and learn to apply important computer science, data science and software engineering principles in 6 months to guarantee your future as a software engineer Bootcamp includes 3 courses from beginner to advanced: Introduction to Programming Introduction to Software Engineering Data Science and Algorithms Part-time, online 1:1 personalised daily mentorship
    Prep WorkBootcamp prep course included
  • The University of Edinburgh Data Science bootcamp

Python, Machine Learning, Data Science
    Cost£7,500
    Data is only as valuable as the person interpreting it. In this highly intensive and skills-focussed online data science course, you’ll learn how to use the best software and techniques to read visual and statistical data and present it in a way that solves real-world problems. Master the Python programming language, learn the fundamentals of machine learning, and start using data science libraries such as scikit-learn, NumPy, Matplotlib and pandas. As data becomes the world’s most valuable resource, the demand for data scientists is rising rapidly. Master the tools, techniques and knowledge required to think like a data scientist and switch to this highly valued, sought-after career.
  • The University of Edinburgh Full Stack Web Developer bootcamp

React.js, Node.js, MongoDB, JavaScript, HTML, Express.js, CSS
    Cost£7,500
    This comprehensive full stack web development course, teaches you to build your own dynamic, data-driven web applications. Learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Node.js, MongoDB, Express and React in just 3 to 6 months, and begin your career as a web developer. By 2021, it’s projected 1 million computer programming jobs in the U.S. will go unfilled – as well as 700,000 in Europe – thanks to unprecedented demand for qualified web developers in the tech sector.
  • The University of Edinburgh Software Engineering bootcamp

Python, Machine Learning, Java
    Cost£7,500
    In this Software Engineering bootcamp, you’ll master Python and Java and learn to apply important computer science, data science and software engineering principles. Learn Python, Java, Object Oriented Programming, and machine learning in just 3 to 6 months to guarantee your future as a software engineer. Software engineering is a creative career that allows you to work with software, hardware and other computer systems in a wide variety of industries and jobs. This software developer course will place you at the heart of the digital economy, with endless scope for growth. Start your coding journey today towards becoming an in-demand software engineer.
  • Jaco • analyst • Student

Currently in progress to complete my bootcamp, but I must say until now it has been a very good experience for me. The way the bootcamp is structured works for me since it focusses on the completion of both minor and bigger (capstone tasks) instead of just throwing a big project at you with the hope that you will somehow figure it out. Since one's knowlege is build incrementally it helps one a lot once you have to complete a capstone project, since one now has the knowledge to know what to do and what is expected from them.

Furthermore, the mentor provided to me is/was (since I am still busy at the moment) great and always provided me with very good tips to improve. Review times were also fast and structured with good feedback to improve in any area.

I would recommend Hyperiondev should anybody want to increase/expand their knowledge in any IT related field since Hyperiondev takes the individual serious and wants them to succeed.

• Stefan Hattingh • Devops developer • Graduate

I recently completed the Full stack web developer bootcamp at Hyperion Development and really enjoyed it. The course material was slightly outdated but still good and touched on most technologies required to become a developer.

The mentor support for the first two levels was excellent but I unfortunately received very little assistance during level three which was disappointing.

Overall a good course and worth the money.

• Justin Dudley • Graduate

This was a part-time, online bootcamp, teaching a little python and a lot of java. The reading materials were good, the format of the course was good. My one-on-one mentor reviewed my work carefully, but he was not always easy to get in touch with. The curriculum did not include any front-end work (HTML, CSS, Javascript), so I have needed to supplement the course with that in order to be employable. I am happy with the course.

• Brendan • Intern Developer/ Teacher's Assistant • Graduate

About a year ago I decided that I needed a change in career. I thought about my brief experience with programming in highschool and how much I enjoyed it. I decided that was the path that I wanted to take, but I had no idea how to get started, I was also a bit worried about how I was going to put in the time and actually get fully submerged into learning.

A friend of mine recommended HyperionDev and after a couple of months of playing with the idea, I decided to make the bold move of resigning my job and taking on their full time Software Engineering Bootcamp. I started with barely any knowledge of the field, I put my head down and invested all of my time to working on the tasks.

It was a challenge (as is to be expected) but with the help of my assigned mentor I managed to get through the tasks and build up my foundations task by task. I ended up finishing the course and took to solidifying my knowledge by getting involved in the forums and helping students when they stuck.

Around 2 weeks later I was contacted by Sobane who asked if I would be interested in joining the HyperionDev team as an intern developer and helping out the onsite students as a teacher's assistant. I jumped at the opportunity and am now realising what a strong foundation the bootcamp actually gave me.

Overall it is a great course that covers a lot of ground and by the end of it you will have the confidence you need to enter the job market. Other than the personalised mentorship I would say a massive highlight of the bootcamps is the tasks, they are challenging and force you to apply the knowledge you have covered previously, making sure that it sticks with you.

• Ruan de Beer • Unemployed • Student

I joined Hyperion Dev before... well better to say i tried to get into the free course, but didnt make the cut. I later tried again. This time i joined the payed course. I took the chance of using the money for my car to invest into my future in Software Developer. I am close to half way done with my course and loving every moment of it. My mentor is extremely helpful and the other students help eachother out. We are like a small family that are striving to see eachother succeed. I have 2 months remaining and i am moving forward at a great pace and undestanding the work i do better the more i work with it. In the future i will come back for the other courses should the need arrise or should i have the time. I can't say anything on the job assistance because im still busy with the couse, but i believe in Hyperion Dev.

• Robert Zeelie • Student • Graduate

Overall it was a fantastic and educational experience! The content provided was very interesting and insightful which made it enjoyable to learn with focuses on python and java as well as some touches on MySQL, git, jUnit and more! Instructions were very clear and they helped with everything from how to install the required software to code quality. There were some challenging tasks but the mentor assigned to help me throughout my course was very helpful and helped me see my mistakes from a different view as well as providing some further reading to help me understand even more. They were very accommodating as I ended up in hospital during the course and they paused it until I was able to continue. I have now completed the Systems Engineering course and they are actively helping me find a job by preparing me with practice interviews and applying to companies on my behalf.

I would definitely recommend this course to anyone looking to learn and pursue a career in systems engineering.

• Darryl • Graduate

The course was well thought out and relevent to the current market and up to date technologies, covering most aspects of web development. I felt that the support was excellent, with constant daily feedback on my code as well as in online chat/video sessions if necessary. I was always kept engaged with projects and very practical examples.

The curriculum would benefit from a few more advanced projects to showcase skills at the end of the course.

• Yolanda Govender • Graduate

Just finishing school the pressure is on a person to study further, but how can you study when you don't even know where to begin?

One thing was very clear to me though, my love & interest for coding. Upon hearing how in-demand a career in coding is, I did some research (Google can be ones bestfriend at times!) which led me to Hyperion Development. The words that caught my attention on their website was "Success".

I didn't need to have any experience hence I started at the very beginning, working my way upwards, with the basics and ended with a 'Full stack web dev course'.

I contacted them and with a blink of my eyes I started my coding journey. They have been extremely helpful lets not forget, reliable as well. Online studies work best in my opinion, you have a mentor for queries & the course for expanding your knowledge (with a bit of research).

• Joshua Richter
    - 11/19/2018
    Joshua Richter • Graduate

Good day

My name is Joshua Richter and I would like to share my experience at Hyperion Development with other potential students who might be interested in giving it a go.

Course - Full Stack Web Development

Mentorship - Firstly, I would like to express my gratitude towards my mentors that assisted me during my actual bootcamp. You get to meet them via Google Hangouts or even via cellphone to discuss any queries / struggles that you might be experiencing. They've been incredibly helpful throughout the bootcamp and were also willing to go beyond their job descriptions and help me after hours / agree to more than one meeting per week if necessary.

Syllabus - I really enjoyed the work flow. In my Full Stack Web Development course, there were 3 levels, namely web development essentials, back-end web development with Python and finally, full-stack web development. The workload is manageable (I work from Mon - Fri every week and managed to finish quite easily). The compulsory tasks are also relevant to what is going on in web develpment presently, it is not based off of old outdated sources, which is good, especially for a career in web development.

Post-course - Once you have completed the course, you get career counselling. They pinpoint it towards your needs and requirements, which is such a cool bonus!

Overall, I really enjoyed the bootcamp and learnt a lot, all in just over 6 months! Highly recommend Hyperion Development!

• Sipho • Intermediate Test Analyst • Graduate

Sipho has worked in the software development space for the past 2/5 years as a Softwa test Analyst. He has thrived to grow from a junior Test Analyst to an Intermediate Test Analyst within a space of 2 Years. However due to his greater ambition to become a full hands on Software developer, he enrolled with HyperionDev on a mobile Bootcamp which turned out to be a great experince and eye opening to endless oppportunities out there.

I found the course to be well stracured, gradaully introdoces fundamental cocepts to Intermediate concepts without leaving the novice mind behind.Cheers to the awesome mentors who are always there to help when needed, I would definately recommend Hyperion to anyone who wants to persue a career in b the tech space.

• Jordan B Roberts • Graduate

I started the Hyperion Web Development course at the start of this year, and think its one of the best decisions I made this whole year!

I wanted to make a career change into Software Development, but did not know from whom and where. I wanted a bootcamp that is recognized and will teach me from start to finish.

The knowledge I have gained and keep gaining from Hyperion's Full Stack Web Development has been nothing but great. They really raised my expertise and confidence in coding. The tasks are relevant to current trending issues in the world of technology from topics in data science to the latest web developing techniques.

I decided to do the course as I was searching for a more structured and disciplined way to learn Web Development. There is so much information out there and I attempted to teach myself, but I found that it was tough to keep up with all the info on the web.

Hyperion has provided me with a way to understand programming and code in a more in-depth and applied manner!

Not only is the course material clear and informative, but by being assigned a mentor, I had constant assistance with any concepts that I struggled with.

After you have completed your bootcamp they help you with your CV and they connect you with their partners for an opportunity at work

To summarize, Hyperion has provided an easy, clear and applicable learning experience for me, who previously knew little about coding.

Amazing team, amazing work. Thank you to everyone at HyperionDev!!

• Omeshan • Graduate

After completing my studies and traveling extensively I decided to pursue a certificate in Software Engineering. After much window shopping online, I decided to pursue my studies with HyperionDev due to their one-on-one mentor ship assistance. Needless to say, 6 months later, here I am with a completed Software Engineer qualification and getting ready for job interviews. The team at HyperionDev has been beyond amazing. The course material is relevant to current technologies and the mentor assistance has helped me out more than once! Would definitely recommend HyperioneDev to anyone looking to deepen their programming skills. I might just complete another bootcamp too! Great team, great work. Thank you to everyone at HyperionDev