hyperiondev-logo

HyperionDev

Cape Town, Johannesburg, London, Online

HyperionDev

HyperionDev offers 6-month, part-time and full-time tech bootcamps in software engineering, data science, web development, and mobile development, available online and in Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa. Students learn part-time (about 8 hours per week), work in a 1:1 mentor relationship, and engage in a tailored course and coding exercises based on their career track of choice. The software engineering bootcamp covers Python, Java, object-oriented programming, and machine learning; the web development bootcamp covers full stack JavaScript with Node.js, MongoDB and Express; the data science bootcamp covers Python programming, machine learning, and data science libraries; and the mobile development bootcamp covers Java and Android concepts. HyperionDev, a division of CoGrammar founded in 2014, has the ambition to scale human-led education in programming. With the belief that machines can't match human developers, Hyperion Dev believes that learning to code is best achieved by having a coding educator review your code daily.

To apply, students should have a motivation and dedication to learn and apply their mind to more complex tasks in programming. The online bootcamp is written and spoken in English. Along with earning a Hyperion certification, students will also get career guidance and job search support.

Hyperion Dev provides career services in the form of technical CV insights, interview preparation, and network connections with hiring partners. Hyperion has partnered with organizations such as Google, The University of Cambridge, The Computer Science Association of South Africa, Oracle, and the South African Department of Education to ensure the highest quality standards.

Recent HyperionDev Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (102) reviews for HyperionDev →

Recent HyperionDev News

Read all (5) articles about HyperionDev →
  • Certified Full Stack Web & Software Engineer Bootcamp

MongoDB, HTML, Git, PHP, JavaScript, CSS, Wordpress, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Java, Front End
    LocationCape Town, Johannesburg
    Become a master of software engineering and full stack web development principles in our most comprehensive and in-depth bootcamp. This 6-month full-time bootcamp blends online and face-to-face sessions to provide you with a deep and extensive set of tech skills to meet all the demands of the modern workplace. Learn how to manage the front and back ends of a website, create software applications and manipulate data. You will have access to 1-on-1 mentorship, video calls, and professional career support services, with a guaranteed 3-month internship after graduation to cement your skills. At the end of this 6-month online course, you’ll be able to build websites, manage databases, and create applications, and have the confidence to fill the demands of any tech position. ** AVAILABLE ONLY FOR RESIDENTS OF SOUTH AFRICA. MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE ON-SITE CHECK-INS AT CPT AND JHB CAMPUSES **
  • Data Science Bootcamp

Data is only as valuable as the person interpreting it. With our Data Science Bootcamp you learn how to use the right software and techniques to read visual and statistical data and present it in a way that solves real world problems. Master the Python programming language, learn the fundamentals of machine learning, and start using data science libraries such as scikit-learn, NumPy, Matplotlib and pandas. As data becomes the world’s most valuable resource, the demand for data scientists is off the charts and projected to grow further. Master the tools, techniques and knowledge required to think like a data scientist and switch to this highly valued, sought-after career.
  • Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, JavaScript, Django, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End, Python
    Master HTML, CSS, Javascript, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, React, Python, and Django in 6 months part-time to guarantee your future as a web developer Combination of 3 segments from beginner to advanced: Web Development Essentials Back-end Web Development with Python Full Stack Web Development 6 months/part-time.
    Prep WorkBootcamp Prep course included
  • Software Engineer Bootcamp

Data Science, Git, C#, Django, Data Structures, Java, Python
    Master Python and Java and learn to apply important computer science, data science and software engineering principles in 6 months to guarantee your future as a software engineer Bootcamp includes 3 courses from beginner to advanced: Introduction to Programming Introduction to Software Engineering Data Science and Algorithms Part-time, online 1:1 personalised daily mentorship
    Prep WorkBootcamp prep course included
  • Bootcamp review
    - 6/19/2020
    Dale  User Photo
    Dale • Electronic Technologist • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The software engineering bootcamp is full of exciting tasks and you learn quite a lot. Even though I am only in my second week in the software engineering bootcamp, I certainly do not regret choosing to study through hyperiondev. I would probably have lost interest studying through another school. It is definitely more fun than doing coding when studying toward a specific degree. You feel excited to code. You want to code non-stop which makes it enjoyable. The staff are friendly and always helpful.
  • Ziyaad  User Photo
    Ziyaad • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    While searching for ways to quickly get a start in my coding career i came across Hyperion Dev, I checked out reviews and weighed all my options and the part that intrigued me the most was the fact that i could do it in 3 months. In doing so for someone who had some knowledge in java and python I found some the tasks challenging and with their whole mentor system it really helps to understand where you went wrong and what you can improve on as a software developer.

The entire bootcamp goes through a variety of different things and i was able to get through it with a great mentor and a well structured tasks to complete and they provide you with well thought out guides when learning new ways to do things such as IDEs or installing SQL and even do a better job at teaching it

It was a really great experience for me however a huge part of that was due to my great mentor

• Miguel Morales  User Photo
    Miguel Morales • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I started the HyperionDev program for full-stack web development on October 5th after some calls with the admissions rep and then someone from the career support department since I had a lot of concerns given web development would mean a career switch for me. They assured me that career support was guaranteed and that they had a placement rate of over 93%. The program will give you the basics of the MERN stack and although they sometimes state a certain subject will be covered in more detail in another section it sometimes isn't (they did some changes to the last section by the time I got there, so there seems it may be an issue with them updating their instructional pdfs). On a positive note, some of the lessons are quite challenging and will require additional research which enhances comprehension. I only had one mentor throughout the whole program and I ended up with mixed feelings, although he was helpful to overcome some hurdles there were other times where he simply stated he would investigate some more but never did (so those issues were left pending). I finished the program since March 2020 and started asking questions about career support and the next steps only to receive no replies as of April 14th. I emailed them five times to different people (one of those times they said it was due to a change in personnel, but I also didn't get a reply from the other person). On a last note, they project themselves as being international but their career support and writings seem directed only to South Africans, which would explain why once I finished they simply cut all support (aside from the lack of support post-graduation and no replies, I didn't get a mock interview or a portfolio review by their career support team like some of their last lessons state).

PROS: Structured program that gives good starting points for additional research and helpful for those self-taught students that have a hard time knowing what to learn next. Mentors can assist with basic issues that new developers may stumble upon.

CONS: Absolutely no career support, so if you're switching careers or thinking this bootcamp will help with employment avoid it. Mentorship feels strong in the early lessons but in more complex subjects there may be times when he doesn't know the answer and will be unable to provide it or he doesn't provide recommendations to improve the code complexity in his review. They take two weeks off during the holidays (which they don't make up for), so for those that take the program during the holidays they end up having two weeks less of support.
  • Nhlanhla Khumalo  User Photo
    Nhlanhla Khumalo • Project Manager • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    This was my first experience going through a bootcamp and my first time learning a programming language. I must say choosing Hyperion Dev was a good choice, as the way they the pace you through the material made an otherwise daunting experience quite easy to adapt to and understand, the mentors are also there to assist all the time, which also made the journey quite an enjoyable one, the dashboard that they provide you with also assists you in tracking your progress throughout the bootcamp. The way the bootcamp is structured even though it is quite intense and you need to invest time into your studies, made it a very manageable process, and when you fall behind they quickly step in to ensure that you can still manage, I would recommend these programmes to any one aspiring to make a switch into tech, the assistance with building your brand is also a great innovation as well, as I am starting to get offers on Linkedin as we speak.

Thank you for the wonderful experience, looking forward to doing other courses through you.
  • Craig Wentzel  User Photo
    Craig Wentzel • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Hyperion DEV Practicality and Out of the Box Thinking. Allows me to think over what I am doing. They allow me to grow further in my overall development and are never to shy to say try again or think it through again.

I love the hands on coding and how you get to see all that you learn come to life
  • Nabeel  User Photo
    Nabeel • Business Analyst • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I have always had an eager interest in learning about coding so when I came across HyperionDev’s courses, I was really excited to explore it.

Hyperion allowed me to transform my dream to be able to learn and understand coding into a mind-blowing reality. The course offers an abundance of superior and high-quality practical coding skills, unlike many other conventional courses.

Additionally, the flexibility of the course is extremely convenient as it enables me to work at a time that is favorable and well-suited for me as I am employed full time.

Exploring and learning various skills through Hyperion has largely assisted me in my job, where I work as a technical Business Analyst. It empowered me to refine my knowledge and skills to be able to be more efficient and expand my expertise.

Although challenging at times, my mentor, Clarinda is always available through Discord or an email away to guide and assist me when required.

• Nia  User Photo
    Nia • Student Verified via GitHub
    I am a single parent in my forties, and I lead a very busy day to day life. I knew absolutely nothing about coding and Hyperiondev made my bootcamp experience a very good one. I received excellent support from beginning till the end. Although I received one on one mentorship, the rest of the team also lend a helping hand when my mentor was not available. The way Hyperiondev breaks down the course material was phenomenal, because even though I didn't have any prior knowledge of coding, I could understand it. I learned how to code from day 1. And I can honestly say that I dont regret choosing Hyperiondev to do this bootcamp. They have provided me with the tools and support to become a software engineer.
  • Hannes  User Photo
    Hannes • Inventory Manager • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

This is honestly 1 of the best studies, boot camps I've ever done
    Quick responses and the mentor is always willing to help me even outside working hours
    The help provided is super helpful. Unlike other places as before where they leave you hanging and not giving you answers to your questions

I must say that my experience with my mentor is AWESOME!!!

• Sasha Ntombela  User Photo
    Sasha Ntombela • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I just graduated from my course with the help of my mentor Dip Rawal.

I had the utmost experience working with Dip, he helped me with my coding and made my studies at HyperionDev easier and challanged me to do my best at all times.

I am grateful to be partnered with such an influential mentor who has prepared me for a future in programming.

• Shaylan Bridgemohun  User Photo
    Shaylan Bridgemohun • Software Engineer • Student Verified via GitHub

I am currently a student wrapping up my course at HyperionDev.

Working with Dip Rawal as my mentor has been an absolute pleasure, very professional and always willing to assist my fellow programmers and I to ensure that we understand and implement our work efficiently and thoroughly.

Huge gratitude for his assistance as it will help prepare me towards becoming a successful programmer.

• Leandri  User Photo
    Leandri • Risk & Fraud Analyst • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I've always been curious about learning to code & have started multiple free courses, but I often got overwhelmed by the number of different routes available. HyperionDev’s web development course structure was a straight-forward path to follow and kept me focussed. Working with deadlines kept me disciplined and kept me motivated.

It challenged me mentally and forced me to think of creative ways to solve problems. It has also taught me to manage my time between having a full-time job and taking the time to work on my tasks. I enjoyed being able to ask for help when I really got stuck and frustrated (it happens!). My mentor would often give me clues on how to figure it out on my own, instead of just giving me the answer straight away. It's not easy, but it's so rewarding to be able to build something you can show people and say, ‘I created that!’”