hyperiondev-logo

HyperionDev

Cape Town, Johannesburg, London, Online

HyperionDev

HyperionDev offers 6-month, part-time and full-time tech bootcamps in software engineering, data science, web development, and mobile development, available online and in Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa. Students learn part-time (about 8 hours per week), work in a 1:1 mentor relationship, and engage in a tailored course and coding exercises based on their career track of choice. The software engineering bootcamp covers Python, Java, object-oriented programming, and machine learning; the web development bootcamp covers full stack JavaScript with Node.js, MongoDB and Express; the data science bootcamp covers Python programming, machine learning, and data science libraries; and the mobile development bootcamp covers Java and Android concepts. HyperionDev, a division of CoGrammar founded in 2014, has the ambition to scale human-led education in programming. With the belief that machines can't match human developers, Hyperion Dev believes that learning to code is best achieved by having a coding educator review your code daily.

To apply, students should have a motivation and dedication to learn and apply their mind to more complex tasks in programming. The online bootcamp is written and spoken in English. Along with earning a Hyperion certification, students will also get career guidance and job search support.

Hyperion Dev provides career services in the form of technical CV insights, interview preparation, and network connections with hiring partners. Hyperion has partnered with organizations such as Google, The University of Cambridge, The Computer Science Association of South Africa, Oracle, and the South African Department of Education to ensure the highest quality standards.

Recent HyperionDev Reviews: Rating 4.6

all (117) reviews for HyperionDev →

Recent HyperionDev News

Read all (5) articles about HyperionDev →
  • Certified Full Stack Web & Software Engineer Bootcamp

MongoDB, HTML, Git, PHP, JavaScript, CSS, Wordpress, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Java, Front End
    LocationCape Town, Johannesburg
    Become a master of software engineering and full stack web development principles in our most comprehensive and in-depth bootcamp. This 6-month full-time bootcamp blends online and face-to-face sessions to provide you with a deep and extensive set of tech skills to meet all the demands of the modern workplace. Learn how to manage the front and back ends of a website, create software applications and manipulate data. You will have access to 1-on-1 mentorship, video calls, and professional career support services, with a guaranteed 3-month internship after graduation to cement your skills. At the end of this 6-month online course, you’ll be able to build websites, manage databases, and create applications, and have the confidence to fill the demands of any tech position. ** AVAILABLE ONLY FOR RESIDENTS OF SOUTH AFRICA. MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE ON-SITE CHECK-INS AT CPT AND JHB CAMPUSES **
  • Data Science Bootcamp

Data is only as valuable as the person interpreting it. With our Data Science Bootcamp you learn how to use the right software and techniques to read visual and statistical data and present it in a way that solves real world problems. Master the Python programming language, learn the fundamentals of machine learning, and start using data science libraries such as scikit-learn, NumPy, Matplotlib and pandas. As data becomes the world’s most valuable resource, the demand for data scientists is off the charts and projected to grow further. Master the tools, techniques and knowledge required to think like a data scientist and switch to this highly valued, sought-after career.
  • Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, JavaScript, Django, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End, Python
    Master HTML, CSS, Javascript, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, React, Python, and Django in 6 months part-time to guarantee your future as a web developer Combination of 3 segments from beginner to advanced: Web Development Essentials Back-end Web Development with Python Full Stack Web Development 6 months/part-time.
    Prep WorkBootcamp Prep course included
  • Software Engineer Bootcamp

Data Science, Git, C#, Django, Data Structures, Java, Python
    Master Python and Java and learn to apply important computer science, data science and software engineering principles in 6 months to guarantee your future as a software engineer Bootcamp includes 3 courses from beginner to advanced: Introduction to Programming Introduction to Software Engineering Data Science and Algorithms Part-time, online 1:1 personalised daily mentorship
    Prep WorkBootcamp prep course included
  • Mr
    - 11/30/2020
    Anele  User Photo
    Anele • software Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The course its self is challenge obviously however the mentor are great they provide great support i would really recommand anyone who wants study programming to to HyperionDev.

The mentor are very professional nice and helping, they are so patient and very even on how the review the task its very professional
  • Mr
    - 11/27/2020
    Pieter Coetzee  User Photo
    Pieter Coetzee • Student Verified via GitHub
    I would recommend HyperionDev to anyone, my experience with the Software Bootcamp was amazing, the mentorship, the guidance and overall check-ups makes you feel welcome and apart of the team and keeps you motivated. The course content overall is excellent.
  • Jeandre Verster  User Photo
    Jeandre Verster • Student Verified via GitHub
    The HyperionDev Data Science Bootcamp is quite an intense and immersive Bootcamp. The curriculum covers a large array of areas related to Data Science, and the first level takes you through all the fundamental and intermediate usages of Python, which essentially builds up your coding skills in order to better understand the inner workings of the daily functions performed by a Data Scientist. Not only will you learn to use your Data Science skills, but you will also be able to easily interpret the complex code written by your future peers and colleagues, which is an added benefit that isn't always included in other Data Science Bootcamps. The curriculum questions for tasks and projects do leave quite a lot of space for interpretation, which allows a student to interpret and solve various problems in a personalized and creative manner. The support team, especially Tevin, are great and very responsive. My mentor Nizaam is especially knowledgable in the field and has a very unique and interactive manner to teach you how to solve data projects on your own by invoking thought and setting your mindset to that of a programmer. Unfortunately, I can not review the Job Assistance they offer, as that only comes into effect once you have completed the Bootcamp.
  • Adeola abimbola  User Photo
    Adeola abimbola • Student Verified via GitHub
    good value for my money, am attending the September cohort boot camp.  the lecturer Thabiso is an excellent tutor and knows the content inside out. the learning environment in Johannesburg where i am attending the onsite bootcamp is also very excellent and organized. the mentors are also doing a good job with task reviews and how they point students to correction and encourage you to do more where needed.
  • Awesomeness
    - 11/7/2020
    Croix  User Photo
    Croix • English Teacher • Verified via LinkedIn
    HyperionDev certainly has an interesting teaching model. Every student is assigned a mentor to help them when the going gets tough. And kindly they did tell me I would get stuck, which is a nice reassuring thing to know (haha). My mentor is great, and not only that, there's an entire Discord community there if you get stuck.
    The course layout is impressive. At the end of a month on the course, you'll be building your own simple game.
    I'm excited to see the course from HyperionDev will take me.
    I rate them 5/5.
  • Bootcamp review
    - 6/19/2020
    Dale  User Photo
    Dale • Electronic Technologist • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The software engineering bootcamp is full of exciting tasks and you learn quite a lot. Even though I am only in my second week in the software engineering bootcamp, I certainly do not regret choosing to study through hyperiondev. I would probably have lost interest studying through another school. It is definitely more fun than doing coding when studying toward a specific degree. You feel excited to code. You want to code non-stop which makes it enjoyable. The staff are friendly and always helpful.
  • Ziyaad  User Photo
    Ziyaad • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    While searching for ways to quickly get a start in my coding career i came across Hyperion Dev, I checked out reviews and weighed all my options and the part that intrigued me the most was the fact that i could do it in 3 months. In doing so for someone who had some knowledge in java and python I found some the tasks challenging and with their whole mentor system it really helps to understand where you went wrong and what you can improve on as a software developer.

The entire bootcamp goes through a variety of different things and i was able to get through it with a great mentor and a well structured tasks to complete and they provide you with well thought out guides when learning new ways to do things such as IDEs or installing SQL and even do a better job at teaching it

It was a really great experience for me however a huge part of that was due to my great mentor

• Miguel Morales  User Photo
    Miguel Morales • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I started the HyperionDev program for full-stack web development on October 5th after some calls with the admissions rep and then someone from the career support department since I had a lot of concerns given web development would mean a career switch for me. They assured me that career support was guaranteed and that they had a placement rate of over 93%. The program will give you the basics of the MERN stack and although they sometimes state a certain subject will be covered in more detail in another section it sometimes isn't (they did some changes to the last section by the time I got there, so there seems it may be an issue with them updating their instructional pdfs). On a positive note, some of the lessons are quite challenging and will require additional research which enhances comprehension. I only had one mentor throughout the whole program and I ended up with mixed feelings, although he was helpful to overcome some hurdles there were other times where he simply stated he would investigate some more but never did (so those issues were left pending). I finished the program since March 2020 and started asking questions about career support and the next steps only to receive no replies as of April 14th. I emailed them five times to different people (one of those times they said it was due to a change in personnel, but I also didn't get a reply from the other person). On a last note, they project themselves as being international but their career support and writings seem directed only to South Africans, which would explain why once I finished they simply cut all support (aside from the lack of support post-graduation and no replies, I didn't get a mock interview or a portfolio review by their career support team like some of their last lessons state).

PROS: Structured program that gives good starting points for additional research and helpful for those self-taught students that have a hard time knowing what to learn next. Mentors can assist with basic issues that new developers may stumble upon.

CONS: Absolutely no career support, so if you're switching careers or thinking this bootcamp will help with employment avoid it. Mentorship feels strong in the early lessons but in more complex subjects there may be times when he doesn't know the answer and will be unable to provide it or he doesn't provide recommendations to improve the code complexity in his review. They take two weeks off during the holidays (which they don't make up for), so for those that take the program during the holidays they end up having two weeks less of support.
  • Nhlanhla Khumalo  User Photo
    Nhlanhla Khumalo • Project Manager • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    This was my first experience going through a bootcamp and my first time learning a programming language. I must say choosing Hyperion Dev was a good choice, as the way they the pace you through the material made an otherwise daunting experience quite easy to adapt to and understand, the mentors are also there to assist all the time, which also made the journey quite an enjoyable one, the dashboard that they provide you with also assists you in tracking your progress throughout the bootcamp. The way the bootcamp is structured even though it is quite intense and you need to invest time into your studies, made it a very manageable process, and when you fall behind they quickly step in to ensure that you can still manage, I would recommend these programmes to any one aspiring to make a switch into tech, the assistance with building your brand is also a great innovation as well, as I am starting to get offers on Linkedin as we speak.

Thank you for the wonderful experience, looking forward to doing other courses through you.
  • Craig Wentzel  User Photo
    Craig Wentzel • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Hyperion DEV Practicality and Out of the Box Thinking. Allows me to think over what I am doing. They allow me to grow further in my overall development and are never to shy to say try again or think it through again.

I love the hands on coding and how you get to see all that you learn come to life
  • Nabeel  User Photo
    Nabeel • Business Analyst • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I have always had an eager interest in learning about coding so when I came across HyperionDev’s courses, I was really excited to explore it.

Hyperion allowed me to transform my dream to be able to learn and understand coding into a mind-blowing reality. The course offers an abundance of superior and high-quality practical coding skills, unlike many other conventional courses.

Additionally, the flexibility of the course is extremely convenient as it enables me to work at a time that is favorable and well-suited for me as I am employed full time.

Exploring and learning various skills through Hyperion has largely assisted me in my job, where I work as a technical Business Analyst. It empowered me to refine my knowledge and skills to be able to be more efficient and expand my expertise.

Although challenging at times, my mentor, Clarinda is always available through Discord or an email away to guide and assist me when required.

• Nia  User Photo
    Nia • Student Verified via GitHub
    I am a single parent in my forties, and I lead a very busy day to day life. I knew absolutely nothing about coding and Hyperiondev made my bootcamp experience a very good one. I received excellent support from beginning till the end. Although I received one on one mentorship, the rest of the team also lend a helping hand when my mentor was not available. The way Hyperiondev breaks down the course material was phenomenal, because even though I didn't have any prior knowledge of coding, I could understand it. I learned how to code from day 1. And I can honestly say that I dont regret choosing Hyperiondev to do this bootcamp. They have provided me with the tools and support to become a software engineer.