sit-learning-logo

SIT Learning

Munich, Online, Zurich

SIT Learning

SIT Learning is a one-stop destination for management and technology education, and offers full-time and part-time bootcamps and short courses both on-site in Zurich and Munich, Switzerland as well as online. SIT Learning offers bootcamps in full stack software development, data science, UX/UI design, and management analytics as well as short courses in cybersecurity, blockchain, cloud computing, DevOps, product management, and more. SIT Learning focuses on democratizing IT and management education to enhance Switzerland, an important technology hub within Europe.

SIT Learning aims to give students the chance to become programmers no matter their stage in life. Many Full Stack Development participants are beginners with some or no prior coding experience, while the Data Science students may have picked up basic programming in academia or while working within the industry.

SIT Learning's career services team coaches students and aims to match graduates with potential employers. Graduates have been hired by companies like eBay, Novartis, Swiss International Airlines, AvaWomen, Swisscom, and many other startups in Switzerland.

SIT Learning was formerly known as SIT Academy and Propulsion Academy.

Recent SIT Learning Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (113) reviews for SIT Learning →

Recent SIT Learning News

• Blockchain

Cryptocurrency, Blockchain
  • Data Science

LocationOnline, Munich, Zurich
    Learn the concepts of data analytics (Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning, Experimental Design, ...) and build solutions using technologies such as R and Python.
    DepositUpon enrollment, you are required to pay a non-refundable CHF 3,500 deposit to reserve your seat in the program. You will have 5 days after signing the enrollment agreement to then pay your deposit.
    Tuition PlansThe remaining balance is due by the end of the second week of the program.
    Prep WorkMust be completed before class start - takes 25 - 40 hours on average to complete.
  • Data Science (Part-Time)

• Full-Stack Web Development

LocationOnline, Munich, Zurich
    Students will learn how to build web-based applications (client-side, database, programming with JavasScript and Python, and deployment).
  • Full-Stack Web Development (Part-Time)

CSS, Front End, Git, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript, Python
  • Machine Learning

Machine Learning
  • Python Programming

Python
    CostCHF1,600
    Along with being the fastest growing programming language, Python is the language of choice for building data science. In this remote course you will get an in-depth hands on understanding of Python fundamentals from beginner to advanced level. This online course is for anyone new to Python with an interest in programming. This course will start with an introduction to Python and end with object oriented fundamentals. Along with fundamentals you will learn about Python data structures, automatically scraping data from the web, working with APIs (Google Maps, Twitter), create your own APIs using Flask, use Python with databases, and last but not least use python for generating automated reports. The course will end with a mini-project on the topic of your choice.
    Minimum Skill LevelThe only prerequisite is that you are new to Python and have an interest in programming
    Prep WorkNo.
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp

User Experience Design, Design
    CostCHF9,200
  • Lina Siegrist • Graduate
    My background is neuroscience research and I hoped to change my career from academia to industry. The course at Propulsion Academy is a perfect fit for me because it has a final project from a partner company, enough to have the feeling of industry experience.

Even if the course itself was quite tough and challenging, I could enjoy and be relaxed because I knew the course covers almost all of the knowledge of any field of data science. The course material and personal notes are a big asset for my professional career.

Out of the course itself, I really liked the overall atmosphere of Propulsion Academy. Staff are highly motivated and teaching assistants are always there to answer any questions.

I also appreciate a lot for supporting job applications after the course. I can definitely say that I might not be able to achieve my career plan without joining Propulsion Academy.

I’m sure that it was one of the best decisions in my life. If you’re serious about changing your career into data science and ready to dedicate yourself for 12 weeks, I highly recommend this course.
  • Python programming
    - 8/27/2021
    Pierluigi • Graduate
    I have attended the 6 weeks Python programming bootcamp (twice a week, 3 hours each session, plus one tutoring session). To start off, although having average experience with other softwares/programming languages, I had very little knowledge about Python. The first two classes were the hardest in my view, as they presented a lot of topics; they gave a very valuable overview, also introducing concepts which became more prominent in the second part of the bootcamp. Each session consisted of approximately 50 minutes of theory and 2 hours of exercises about the topics taught that day. The exercises were in my view the most useful part of the bootcamp, as they provided me with sort of hands on guided experience, also leveraging on the support of the trainer and the assistant who were available even beyond the class time.
    I would definitely recommend this bootcamp to someone with little to none Python experience, even to someone with no programming knowledge at all, as these classes cover a broad range of topics related to Python which on one hand will already enhance your skills set for your day-to-day work while on the other will provide you the basis for further development on the subject.
  • Juan Miguel Sánchez Arce • Junior Full-Stack Developer • Graduate
    I still remember the day I decided to contact Propulsion Academy to apply for their Full-Stack course, only a few months ago.
    I was determined to become a programmer, after working for many years in a different field, but I was very unsure as to how or where to begin.

I can now say, without a doubt, I couldn't have chosen a better way to start.

Propulsion Academy is one of those rare places where you get much more than you pay for.
    Their curriculum is so well organized that it is hard to believe how a person can absorb so much knowledge in so little time, and everything you are taught is carefully chosen so that the students can already apply to competitive jobs with confidence after graduating.

The teachers and mentors will be there for you, and they will take you through every step of the way so that you make the most of your time. And, more importantly, they will make sure that you stay motivated and keep up the hard work throughout the course. I honestly don't know how I would have survived such an intensive challenge without the support of every single person there.

I joined Propulsion Academy with a smile on my face, and I left with an even bigger one.
    And now I'm ready for my life as a programmer :)

PS: I managed to find a great and very rewarding job just 1 month after graduating.

• Python Programming
    - 4/23/2021
    Bea S. • Graduate
    I took the Python Programming course at Propulsion Academy to get my coding in this language up to speed. I initially selected the course for convenience reasons, because was offered twice a week in the evenings in an online format and was, therefore, easy to attend while working. However, I quickly became convinced by the quality of the course - so much so that I took a follow-up course in Applied Machine Learning right afterwards.
    The Python course was well-structured and covered a broad range of topics - from fundamentals and advanced programming concepts to libraries needed for data science and visualization to linking Python with SQL databases, creating Web Apps, and automating reporting. The concepts were introduced in very well-designed lectures and could then be delved into in programming sessions with access to tutors. Code notebooks for the examples covered in class as well as model solutions for the exercises done in the coding sessions were provided, offering a great learning tool and a nice library to draw on for future reference. Despite the broad range of topics, they were covered thoroughly enough to allow immediate implementation. At the end of the course, mini-projects enabled students to apply their knowledge to actual practical examples.
    The teachers giving the course were absolute experts in their fields. Their enthusiasm for the topics was tangible and they went the extra mile to ensure that participants got the most out of the engagement. I can highly recommend this course (as well as the Machine Learning one). Propulsion Academy offers a great learning environment and has really high-calibre teachers.

• Joy Yoo • Graduate
    The Full-Stack Development program was a great experience. It is extremely intense but for me personally, I found it exciting. As someone who had no prior experience in coding before joining Propulsion Academy, the program teaches you enough to land an internship.

With that being said, now having been in two roles since graduating, I definitely believe the technologies they do teach are very relevant and applicable to today's job market.

Propulsion Academy is also very involved with the job search for their students. They actually helped me find my first role, which was a 6-month contract within a couple months of graduating. Before this contract ended, the school reached back out asking if they can help again with my job search! Even though I had something else already lined up, I really appreciated the gesture and it really speaks volumes on how much they value their students whether they are currently enrolled or graduated.
  • TC • Data Engineer • Graduate
    I decided to attend Propulsion Academy in the winter of 2020, during the height of the pandemic.  I chose this boot camp because of its location in Zurich, and because they seemed to screen the applicants well before accepting them into the program.

I had been looking for a position as a data engineer in Zurich for most of 2020 without much success., After completing Propulsion I was able to land a job through Propulsion’s professional network.

I have a background working in the data industry, and I have a master’s degree in Information Science. I was hesitant to join the program because of my background, but I ended up learning so much and I came out of the program as a better engineer.

This course is for you if you have a background in a science or engineering related field. My cohort was a group of 12, and everyone had a graduate degree from a diverse range of backgrounds. The bootcamp consists of a lot of collaborative group projects, and since our backgrounds were so different, everyone solved problems with a different perspective. Collaborative group projects were one of my favorite parts about this program -- it was such a confidence booster and skill building exercise. (Nothing like college group projects :-)

The coursework itself is very demanding, and you will not have time to do much else. Due to the pandemic, our classes were 100% online; everyone was disappointed about this, but you know, that kind of sums up 2020.  All things considered, I really enjoyed the online format. I have taken a lot of online college classes and was never a fan, but Propulsion managed to keep all of us engaged through active participation during lectures and interesting slides. I felt like I got to know my peers and instructors personally, despite never meeting them in person.

At the end of the course there is a 3 week capstone project that is often in collaboration with an organization. It was really cool to see how much the class had learned in the last 12 weeks.  I would absolutely recommend Propulsion Data Science to anyone with the appropriate background. You will come out with more technical skills, a better ability to perform technical interviews, and the opportunity to become involved in Zurich’s data technology professional network.

• Gianluca Badjan • Senior Consultant • Graduate
    Being already in the field of data analytics, I took this course since was keen on deepening my knowledge and skills in applied data science and related best practices.

The course is definitely an intense unique experience composed of applied knowledge, exercises and group challenges. The learning-by-doing approach allows you to develop a solid skill set in a short time. Furthermore I appreciated the opportunity to learn from experts in the field about best practices and trends, especially in the constantly evolving field of deep learning!

Additional sessions were provided to either cover related topics such as ethics in data science, or where experienced
    data scientists shared their career journey with us, returning a broad context of the data scientist role in different industries.
    Finally, this course is also a great chance to build a local professional network in data science and software engineering.
  • Amine • Director, Financial Services • Graduate
    I took part in the Propulsion Academy data science Bootcamp from May to July 2020. It was worth every penny. I cannot recommend enough for any person looking to upskill or take the first steps toward a data science career to contact the propulsion team. What I liked most is the team. They simply do care about you and your learning and career objectives. It is a complementary team with strong industry expertise which you can sense at every interaction.
    The curriculum is up to date and does not focus on the buzz words but rather on building expertise bottom-up from the foundations to the latest applications. To my surprise, my favorite module was Stats as it helped us ask the right questions, design the right experiences and use the adequate tools for the problems at hand and believe me the solution is not always machine or deep learning. Last but not least is the end-of-program project done in collaboration with a company that guarantees real-world application and tons of fun, stress, and a steep learning curve.
    A word about my cohort which was just a fantastic gender-equal group of students eager to learn, collaborate and share. The Bootcamp selection process definitely works. Proud of those that made it to Google or eBay but also of those contemplating the entrepreneurial path.
    Best,
  • Holger von Ellerts • CEO & Founder • Student
    Python as an object-oriented programming language is a huge benefit to all companies around the globe. By attending a part-time online course attendees get an overview how powerful the Python can be. The instructors at Propulsion Academy made it very easy - even for non programmers like me - to understand the basic and advances techniques of Python. What I missed at other institutions Propulsion Academy made the difference. Even before the course started we got information how to install the IDE and the instructors were personal available to help. During the weeks of the course they provided help out of the course timetable to ask questions and to get familiar with the different course topics.
    What i like most is the familiar atmosphere, even if the course took place online. If you think to dig into Python, consider to have a look at their webpage for next course dates!
  • Urmil Shah • UI Developer • Graduate
    What really sets propulsion apart from the rest is basically three important things
    • Curriculum - The curriculum is absolutely top notch. If you're looking to ramp up with python oops , flask web dev ,SQL and data science concepts then I would definitely recommend the program.
    •  Instructors - The instructors Thorben Croisé and Marie Bocher are very knowledgeable and approachable at the same time.
    • Community - Great supportive community. Great amount of support and feedback from your instructors and peers.
  • Zana • IT Consultant • Graduate
    Prior to attending Propulsion's bootcamp, I already had the opportunity to gain experience in the tech space due to my work as an IT consultant with focus on product management of tech teams. However, what I always found challenging in creating really good products for users was to apply data-driven product management. In this regard, Propulsion's Data Science Bootcamp has exceeded my expectations. Thanks to the bootcamp and extremely qualified instructors, I can now develop the right products for the right customers in a much more targeted way using machine learning and deep learning algorithms. The data has always been there, but now - thanks to Propulsion - I'm equipped with the right skill-set to use it in a more meaningful way, which has been a really exciting journey for me so far.
  • Pawinee Schoenenberger • Financial Asset Management Manager • Student

There are so many details packed into the 2 months course work. Please note that one full month is spared for capstone project. This is very good because it is real experience with the business. The support provided from the school is very good. If the student encounter any problem, the teacher assistant from the school always be there to help solving the problem.

During the 2 months’ course work, the exercise covers very wide aspect of data science. The solutions provided really explained everything. Due to very limited time, there is no time to explain all the solutions. There is also no spare time to go over the solution later during weekend either. Because the course is packed and always have to move on. Even though it seems to be too much to absorb in 2 months. To get the most out of this course, the student must prepare to invest 100% of their time, no additional work or study.

The professor are excellence. They know their topic very well in debt. The teacher assistants are very nice very knowledgeable. For any question that they do not know the results, they help to find solution until the problem is fully solved. The documentation are very good. Please also note that all are provided on line. No paper or document are given.  In conclusion, the results of this course is 100% more than expectation. Return from high cost is more than expect. IT worth the money and time invested. The results of self-study and a lot of self-practice through exercises is working. From the one who have no basic of computer programming, I can write python by heart after the course is finished.