sit-academy-logo

SIT Academy

Munich, Online, Zurich

SIT Academy

SIT Academy offers 12-week full-time bootcamps in full stack software development and data science in Zurich, Switzerland. The Full Stack Software Development program covers JavaScript, React.js, Docker, Python, Django, and more. The Data Science bootcamp covers R, Python, Machine Learning, natural language processing, and deep learning. Students participate in immersive, practical, and hands-on experience. SIT Academy aims to give students the chance to become programmers no matter their stage in life and is focused on democratizing IT education to enhance Switzerland as an important technology hub within Europe. Classes are hosted at Technopark Zürich.

Many Full Stack Development participants are beginners with some or no prior coding experience, while the Data Science students may have picked up basic programming in academia or while working within the industry. Expect both a non-technical and a technical interview throughout the application process.

SIT Academy's career services team coaches students and aims to match graduates with potential employers. SIT Academy graduates have been hired by companies like eBay, Novartis, Swiss International Airlines, AvaWomen, Swisscom as well as startups in Switzerland.

SIT Academy was formerly known as Propulsion Academy.

Recent SIT Academy Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (99) reviews for SIT Academy →

Recent SIT Academy News

• Blockchain

Cryptocurrency, Blockchain
  • Data Science

LocationOnline, Munich, Zurich
    Learn the concepts of data analytics (Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning, Experimental Design, ...) and build solutions using technologies such as R and Python.
    DepositUpon enrollment, you are required to pay a non-refundable CHF 3,500 deposit to reserve your seat in the program. You will have 5 days after signing the enrollment agreement to then pay your deposit.
    Tuition PlansThe remaining balance is due by the end of the second week of the program.
    Prep WorkMust be completed before class start - takes 25 - 40 hours on average to complete.
  • Data Science (Part-Time)

LocationOnline, Zurich
  • Full-Stack Web Development

LocationOnline, Munich, Zurich
    Students will learn how to build web-based applications (client-side, database, programming with JavasScript and Python, and deployment).
  • Full-Stack Web Development (Part-Time)

Python, JavaScript, HTML, GitHub, Git, Front End, CSS
    LocationZurich, Online
  • Machine Learning

Machine Learning
  • Python Programming

Python
    CostCHF1,600
    Along with being the fastest growing programming language, Python is the language of choice for building data science. In this remote course you will get an in-depth hands on understanding of Python fundamentals from beginner to advanced level. This online course is for anyone new to Python with an interest in programming. This course will start with an introduction to Python and end with object oriented fundamentals. Along with fundamentals you will learn about Python data structures, automatically scraping data from the web, working with APIs (Google Maps, Twitter), create your own APIs using Flask, use Python with databases, and last but not least use python for generating automated reports. The course will end with a mini-project on the topic of your choice.
    Minimum Skill LevelThe only prerequisite is that you are new to Python and have an interest in programming
    Prep WorkNo.
  • Fantastic course!
    - 4/16/2019
    Constance SL  User Photo
    Constance SL • Postdoctoral researcher • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The Data Science program is fantastic, supported by a competent, friendly, and helpful team. The approach is very ‘hands-on’ and problem oriented, letting you dive right in. But no need to worry: you are supported at every step of the way by the instructors and the teaching assistant. Thanks to Propulsion Academy, I have had the opportunity to develop a research project I really like and get funding from the Swiss National Science Foundation. More importantly, it has given me the knowledge and confidence to move towards a field of work I had always been interested in but never dared approach before. Registering for this course is the best professional decision I ever took!

• Great program!
    - 4/12/2019
    Tobias  User Photo
    Tobias • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Great program! Propulsion Academy gave me the chance to get a kick-start into programming. The course was challenging and rewarding. Instructors and staff were highly motivated and very patient with us. We had a great class and lots of fun. In the breaks we played often ping-pong and had generally many social events together. It was a great experience and absolutely worth it!

• Michal  User Photo
    Michal • AI engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Having background in life sciences and a limited programming experience, I was not sure what to expect before starting the Data Science bootcamp. Quite early in the course, however, it became apparent where it all is going: the participants are exposed to the multitude of topics comprising this field and get a taste of most of them by solving provided assignments. With a constant flow of new information, it never gets boring - on the contrary, carefully selected teachers with their various backgrounds strive every day to satisfy our never-ceasing appetite for knowledge. The challenging capstone project with the final presentation was a perfect cherry on the cake. Overall, an invaluable and definitely life-changing experience.

• Michał  User Photo
    Michał • Software engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Propulsion Academy boot camps opens new possibilities for the people that are looking for a change in their lives. From the prep-work through the classes, the program is very carefully structured. Lectures are provided by developers with many years of experience, who are able to answer all of your questions. During the whole program, you are supported by teaching assistants helping you understand new materials and resolve challenges. They also do not forget about maintaining a good atmosphere and integration within the group. For me, Propulsion Academy was the hope of finding my place on the Swiss job market. They not only taught me how to code but they also helped me believe in myself.

• Flurin Conradin  User Photo
    Flurin Conradin • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Given my limited background with programming, I didn’t think it would be possible for such a program to take me to a junior full-stack developer level. I did my due diligence and looked at other options. I finally chose Propulsion because the interaction with the staff had been the most professional (very quick responses to emails, well-structured personal technical interviews to be accepted into the program). Additionally, the curriculum seemed to be the most advanced, focusing on languages and frameworks that are needed for modern software development. And I wasn't disappointed: the journey had been demanding, but the TAs were very supportive and even came in on weekends to make sure we got the most out of the program. Upon completion, I sent out about ten applications and was invited to six interviews within one month. Needless to say, I got what I wanted out of the program and can definitely say that Propulsion has given me a very solid basis to build upon.

• Michal Burgunder  User Photo
    Michal Burgunder • Backend Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

After graduating from university, I found myself in a role that was not technical enough to stimulate my intellectual curiosity nor could ensure a long-term future. Software development was definitely the way to go, but how would I get there? Except for the many resources online that taught you the specifics of virtually any tool, but no all-encompassing overview of the whole field of software engineering, I was on my own. The Full-Stack program not only taught you to think like a software engineer, but also gave you career-related resources beyond the education: professional connections, mentoring, CV editing, and ample opportunities to prove yourself to the public. Propulsion Academy's no-nonsense approach to teaching modern technologies was a perfect and it was not long before I found a job as a Software Engineer!

• Evgeniya Tokareva  User Photo
    Evgeniya Tokareva • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

After 2 year-long career break, I finally decided to switch from Process Engineering to Software Development. I did some online courses during this time, but always felt it was not enough to land a job. Propulsion Academy became a place for me to grow into a developer. The well-thought-out roadmap and time efficiency of the program made me confident to pick up any framework or web-technology and make it work. I did not only acquire the most in-demand skills in the industry but also felt very welcome in a warm and inviting culture and had valuable career support after I was done as a student. The program finished with a happy ending as I was hired by one of the instructors as a Full-Stack Developer. Challenging, motivating, just great!

• Lukas  User Photo
    Lukas • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Propulsion Academy has been a great experience and helped me approach the career that I’ve been heading for. In addition to my recent Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering at ETH Zürich, this coding bootcamp made the difference and opened new opportunities. The course focuses on very relevant topics and skills with the goal to make the candidates attractive for employers in the field of software development. With a set curriculum and competent supervision, an environment for fast and high quality learning is provided. On top of all, the Propulsion Academy team puts emphasis on networking opportunities and guide the students in the process of figuring out the next step in their career.

The curriculum was very good but still had room for improvement here and there. The instructors' quality vary but is generally very good. The founder of Propulsion Academy is behind this project with all his heart and puts a lot of individual attention and consultation to each student during the course. Thanks to the bootcamp I landed a software engineering position and I would've never passed the interview without Propulsion Academy. I also feel like I had a kickstart on my new job, thanks to the very relevant curriculum. I also enjoyed the nostalgia from the classroom experience and bonding with very interesting people that do the course too.

• Data Science
    - 9/28/2021
    Elena Aguado • Machine Learning Engineer
    Propulsion Academy's full-time Data Science Bootcamp is without a doubt one of the most intense learning experiences I have ever had. For 3 months, I was taught all the necessary skills about statistics, programming with R and python, machine learning, deep learning, NLP and machine learning engineering. All this along with by many practical examples, supervised by teacher assistance and instructors. The instructors were up to date with the latest technologies, as many are currently working in the field.

I attended 100% remote and everything worked perfectly.

The academy has a wide network of contacts in Switzerland, which allowed me, at the end of my training, to do a real project for a startup in the health industry and a few months later to start my new job as a Machine Learning Engineer.

• Vaios Vlachos • Data Scientist / Performance Engineer • Graduate
    As a person working in the data field, and having no prior experience with Machine Learning, I have to say that the Applied Machine Learning course is a must for people that want to get up to speed with Machine Learning fast.

Really well organized course, that covers all the basic knowledge that a person needs around Machine Learning: from Unsupervised and Supervised learning to local and full deployment of models, the Applied Machine Learning course covers all the points that are listed in the description.

I was really happy with:
    • The curriculum of the course: Wide variety of topics, covered everything a person needs to know when starting to get involved with Machine Learning
    • The structure of the lessons: Each lesson had a lecture part and a hands-on part, where we tackled real life problems and applied the knowledge we got from the lectures. I cannot say which one of these two is the most important but what I can say is that their exact combination is really well thought and applied. Each lesson I learned something new and I had the chance to see it in action.
    • The course materials: The structure of the materials was amazing. Slides and videos of the lessons, python notebooks with the solutions of the examples, etc. There was never a time that I needed something and I felt I couldn't find it.
    • Videos of the lectures: I put this in a new bullet because I think it is one of the best features of the course. The fact that I have the opportunity to rewatch the lectures or the hands-on examples at a time of my choosing is invaluable. This was a great help throughout the course, especially when I was working on my final project
    • Teaching staff: Both Dipanjan and Albin are key pieces of the course's success. Dipanjan is such a good teacher, with a deep knowledge around Machine Learning. His pace was good, his teaching style was nice and made everything understood. I liked the fact that he encouraged us to discuss and ask questions. He wouldn't continue until he knew we understood each point. I learned a lot from him and I wouldn't change him for another teacher. Albin was also a key role for this course. His support on the course and on me was big. There was never a time that a request would be unanswered. He would always assist us in every way he could. It was nice to have a person like Albin as teaching support. Without him I wouldn't have been able to finish my final project.

Overall I am really pleased with the course. I got up to speed with Machine Learning and I enjoyed my time. Right after the course I was able to start working on Machine Learning projects in my company.
    Even though I am 100% happy with the course, there are some topics that concerned me. If you could take them into consideration ,and work something out of them, then you would have a nice improvement of the course.

I was concerned with:
    • The pace of the course in combination with the size of the curriculum: In my opinion the curriculum is absolutely perfect. Nothing should be removed from that. But the time was a bit limited. Six weeks are not enough to cover all the subjects in a nice pace. This meant we had to always be on our toes and there was no room for distraction. As it happens with these after work courses, there is always the case that one gets distracted for some time, due to fatigue. Then you lose track of the topic and, since we are discussing advanced theoretical topics with a lot of details, it is hard to catch up and get back on track. I would suggest maybe add a week or two, if possible, to the course. This would enable you to keep a more relaxed pace, suited for all the students
    • Coding prerequisites: Even though it is self implied that in order to participate one should have a basic to intermediate knowledge of Python, still this might not be the case. In my case, since I have been working for a long time with Python, NumPy and Matplotlib, I had no problem focusing only on the new knowledge I got. But for a student who has little experience with Python, the course can be overwhelming and there could be even the case of dropping out. I would suggest, if you do extend the course length, you could use the first week as a crash course week on Python and the required libraries
    • Long lessons:  The two 3-hour lessons is probably not the optimal combination. Most of the times, after the lecture, there is a lot of information to digest and it is hard to keep up with the hands-on examples. A good solution to that could be three 2-hour lessons where the first two are used for lectures (and maybe small examples) and the third one is used for hands-on examples and personal working time.
    • Little time for personal work after the lecture: I think the course would really benefit with some extra time. There were cases that we had no time to work on our own in the lesson, because the lecture and the hands-on example would take 2.5 hours of the lesson.
    • Adding small breaks in between: On each lecture some small 5 minute breaks would be highly appreciated. Like this the student gets the chance to refocus and get back to the lecture with a clear mind.

We managed to discuss and find a solution for the last two bullets but it would be nice if you could implement it right from the start of the course.

I am really glad that I decided to join this course and I think that it paid off 120%. I would really recommend it to anyone who is trying to get into Machine Learning!

Keep up the good job!
  • Lina Siegrist • Graduate
    My background is neuroscience research and I hoped to change my career from academia to industry. The course at Propulsion Academy is a perfect fit for me because it has a final project from a partner company, enough to have the feeling of industry experience.

Even if the course itself was quite tough and challenging, I could enjoy and be relaxed because I knew the course covers almost all of the knowledge of any field of data science. The course material and personal notes are a big asset for my professional career.

Out of the course itself, I really liked the overall atmosphere of Propulsion Academy. Staff are highly motivated and teaching assistants are always there to answer any questions.

I also appreciate a lot for supporting job applications after the course. I can definitely say that I might not be able to achieve my career plan without joining Propulsion Academy.

I’m sure that it was one of the best decisions in my life. If you’re serious about changing your career into data science and ready to dedicate yourself for 12 weeks, I highly recommend this course.
  • Python programming
    - 8/27/2021
    Pierluigi • Graduate
    I have attended the 6 weeks Python programming bootcamp (twice a week, 3 hours each session, plus one tutoring session). To start off, although having average experience with other softwares/programming languages, I had very little knowledge about Python. The first two classes were the hardest in my view, as they presented a lot of topics; they gave a very valuable overview, also introducing concepts which became more prominent in the second part of the bootcamp. Each session consisted of approximately 50 minutes of theory and 2 hours of exercises about the topics taught that day. The exercises were in my view the most useful part of the bootcamp, as they provided me with sort of hands on guided experience, also leveraging on the support of the trainer and the assistant who were available even beyond the class time.
    I would definitely recommend this bootcamp to someone with little to none Python experience, even to someone with no programming knowledge at all, as these classes cover a broad range of topics related to Python which on one hand will already enhance your skills set for your day-to-day work while on the other will provide you the basis for further development on the subject.