propulsion-academy-logo

Propulsion Academy

Zurich

Propulsion Academy

Propulsion Academy offers 12-week full-time bootcamps in full stack software development and data science in Zurich, Switzerland. The Full Stack Software Development program covers JavaScript, React.js, Docker, Python, Django, and more. The Data Science bootcamp covers R, Python, Machine Learning, natural language processing, and deep learning. Students participate in immersive, practical, and hands-on experience. Propulsion Academy aims to give students the chance to become programmers no matter their stage in life and is focused on democratizing IT education to enhance Switzerland as an important technology hub within Europe. Classes are hosted at Technopark Zürich.

Many Full Stack Development participants are beginners with some or no prior coding experience, while the Data Science students may have picked up basic programming in academia or while working within the industry. Expect both a non-technical and a technical interview throughout the application process.

Propulsion Academy's career services team coaches students and aims to match graduates with potential employers. Propulsion Academy graduates have been hired by companies like eBay, Novartis, Swiss International Airlines, AvaWomen, Swisscom as well as startups in Switzerland.

Recent Propulsion Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (54) reviews for Propulsion Academy →

Recent Propulsion Academy News

• Data Science

Data Science, Git, R, Algorithms, SQL, Python, Machine Learning
    LocationZurich
    Learn the concepts of data analytics (Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning, Experimental Design, ...) and build solutions using technologies such as R and Python.
    DepositUpon enrollment, you are required to pay a non-refundable CHF 3,500 deposit to reserve your seat in the program. You will have 5 days after signing the enrollment agreement to then pay your deposit.
    Tuition PlansThe remaining balance is due by the end of the second week of the program.
    Prep WorkMust be completed before class start - takes 25 - 40 hours on average to complete.
  • Full-Stack Web Development

LocationZurich
    Students will learn how to build web-based applications (client-side, database, programming with JavasScript and Python, and deployment).
  • Yusef Habib • Frontend Engineer • Graduate

I was working as a Frontend Engineer when I decided to join the Full Stack Program. For me it was about boosting my backend skills, and when I read the content of the program I immediately knew that it was what I wanted. I didn’t only learn a lot about Java and Spring framework, but also some FrontEnd concepts that made me evolve to a senior mind state. Some grasped concepts became mastered in my head, and some theoretical design patters were applied into real projects.

Instructors are top, very studied in their fields and no question was left without an answer. They were also very reachable trough online channels, no matter day or time, an important point during a bootcamp in my opinion.

One of the best things of this company is the guys behind it. Even though sometimes I had the feeling of being a beta batch, they fulfilled our suggestions from day one, and they were always there in order to improve our experience.

The level of the students in my batch was very different, having some without any knowledge, for me, already a front end developer did not add lots of value, but for them it was helpful when I contributed and helped them on various questions.

If I was being asked again three months ago knowing all of this, I wouldn’t doubt of doing it again.

• Mattias • Student

I'm currently taking part in Propulsion Academy's Full Stack Web Development program and having a great time. For someone coming from a different field, it takes a lot of effort and commitment (most of my nights are also spent in front of a computer), but learning entirely new skillset and way of thinking makes it all worthwile.

While this is a young program, the founders do their best to make it a valuable experience for all of their students. Also, the team of instructurs is a healthy mix of industry experts and former bootcamp graduates, so they know what 's important for us.

Another great selling point: This bootcamp bases its backend part on Java, which is very difficult to find in Europe.

• Anonymous • Full-stack web developer • Graduate
    After 10+ years in the service sector, I started developed an interest in software and was looking for a ways to get started. I started with self-study, but after countless hours of battling through it all, I decided to join the 12-week full-stack program to give me a final kick to up my skills and break into the tech industry. This was a game-changing decision. Propulsion Academy’s fast paced learning environment and highly focused industry curriculum enabled me to cover a vast amount of ground that I would have not been able to cover on my own in such a short time frame. The teachers and staff were fully invested in ensuring that everyone got the most out of the program and created a very encouraging learning environment. I really appreciated closing out the program with a real project from industry, something that I could showcase to future employers during the job search.
  • Great bootcamp
    - 2/18/2020
    Amazing course. My experience at Propulsion academy was as expected and provided me with a great jump-start into the world of Data Science. The course covers the most important concepts and tools one needs to practice and gain experience. They did what they could to help with the job search, but at the end is up to you to find your way through. Overall a very positive experience and a great tech atmosphere!
    After a hopeless job searching for half a year in Switzerland, I decided to take the 12-weeks data science Bootcamp at Propulsion Academy, which helped me to find my first Internship in Zurich.

In the Bootcamp,  different experts with industry experience in data science area were invited to give courses, hands-on exercises were designed for a better understanding of the topics. Great chances were provided to build up your networking, which contributed to finding more possibilities for a job.

The Data Science Bootcamp at Propulsion academy was the fast solution that I needed to catch up with the new technologies in the Data Science community, especially in machine learning and deep learning. It is also quite useful to get a certificate, which is quite required in Switzerland.