propulsion-academy-logo

Propulsion Academy

Munich, Online, Zurich

Propulsion Academy

Propulsion Academy offers 12-week full-time bootcamps in full stack software development and data science in Zurich, Switzerland. The Full Stack Software Development program covers JavaScript, React.js, Docker, Python, Django, and more. The Data Science bootcamp covers R, Python, Machine Learning, natural language processing, and deep learning. Students participate in immersive, practical, and hands-on experience. Propulsion Academy aims to give students the chance to become programmers no matter their stage in life and is focused on democratizing IT education to enhance Switzerland as an important technology hub within Europe. Classes are hosted at Technopark Zürich.

Many Full Stack Development participants are beginners with some or no prior coding experience, while the Data Science students may have picked up basic programming in academia or while working within the industry. Expect both a non-technical and a technical interview throughout the application process.

Propulsion Academy's career services team coaches students and aims to match graduates with potential employers. Propulsion Academy graduates have been hired by companies like eBay, Novartis, Swiss International Airlines, AvaWomen, Swisscom as well as startups in Switzerland.

Recent Propulsion Academy Reviews: Rating 4.98

all (63) reviews for Propulsion Academy →

Recent Propulsion Academy News

• Data Science

LocationZurich, Munich, Online
    Learn the concepts of data analytics (Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning, Experimental Design, ...) and build solutions using technologies such as R and Python.
    DepositUpon enrollment, you are required to pay a non-refundable CHF 3,500 deposit to reserve your seat in the program. You will have 5 days after signing the enrollment agreement to then pay your deposit.
    Tuition PlansThe remaining balance is due by the end of the second week of the program.
    Prep WorkMust be completed before class start - takes 25 - 40 hours on average to complete.
  • Full-Stack Web Development

LocationZurich, Munich, Online
    Students will learn how to build web-based applications (client-side, database, programming with JavasScript and Python, and deployment).
  • Introduction to SQL

SQL
    CostCHF1,800
    This course starts by introducing you to DBeaver, a Software you will use to interact with databases. Then, you will learn how to define, manipulate and query data using SQL , starting from basic commands like how to create and modify tables, create, retrieve, update and delete records. Once you have enough practice with the basics, we will explore intermediate concepts such as joining tables, conditional expressions, indexing and views. Finally, we will cover advanced topics by looking at window functions, common table expression and database design.
    Minimum Skill LevelThe only prerequisite is that you own a computer, are new to SQL and are not intimidated by technology.
    Prep WorkNo.
  • Python Programming

Python
    CostCHF1,800
    Along with being the fastest growing programming language, Python is the language of choice for building data science. In this remote course you will get an in-depth hands on understanding of Python fundamentals from beginner to advanced level. This online course is for anyone new to Python with an interest in programming. This course will start with an introduction to Python and end with object oriented fundamentals. Along with fundamentals you will learn about Python data structures, automatically scraping data from the web, working with APIs (Google Maps, Twitter), create your own APIs using Flask, use Python with databases, and last but not least use python for generating automated reports. The course will end with a mini-project on the topic of your choice.
    Minimum Skill LevelThe only prerequisite is that you are new to Python and have an interest in programming
    Prep WorkNo.
  • Ueli Kiefer • Technology Advisor • Graduate

I have attended the Data-Science Bootcamp while still being employed as Technology Advisor by my Company. There are three reasons why I give this school all 5 stars:

1. Nowhere else in Switzerland you will get as much detailed insight and practice into Data-Science in that duration! After the Bootcamp you will have a clear picture about what is just buzz behind Data-Science and what is applicable, practicable and moneytiseable Data-Science.

2. You won't find any other institution in Switzerland with that level of up-to-date Data-Science (and Full-Stack) which will take you in and welcome you, regardless of your certifcates and previous education! Sure, you will need to pass the interviews, show them that you have the necessary intrinsic motivation and the skill-set, but it's more about who you are and what you can do rather than just your paper-based degrees.

3. I cannot think of any other institution which is so determined to get you a job or at least an internship in one of their acquainted - all CH-based companies. If you want to make something out of these programs, you will! If you want to get connected to people allready working with google, ebay, tamedia, SIX, UPC or tech-startups, you will!

Summing it up, totally worth the money if you are determined to do something with it.

If you expect that everything is handed to you veeeeeery slooooowly, ten times pre-digested and neatly prepared on a silver plate you may want to look for other ways to broaden your knowledge - it will for sure take you longer, cost you most likely more and but you at max in the same spot as after 12 intense weeks Bootcamp with a glowing brain, little sleep, aching fingers and a bunch of pretty cool people :-)

• Daniele Roncaglioni • Graduate

The Propulsion team was super nice and always available. I had tons of fun and learned so much in what probably have been some of the most memorable 12 weeks of my live. I really loved their no-nonsense goal oriented approach. The one goal of the founder is to help you get a job, and all the instructors goal is to get you ready for that. In 12 weeks you learn more than what you believe is possible and once you have risen to the challenge, you just realize how well-chosen the curriculum is. It fits the industries needs and gets you as close as possible to being a well-rounded developer in that time frame. 10/10 would recommend.

• Ian Stump • Student

The title says it all, I did a career change, coming from a Finance background, and after 3 months, my knowledge as a Software Developer became solid and ready for a job.

If I could go back in time, I would do the same course again and again.

• Lucas Cotta • Co Founder at W3lcome • Graduate

One of the most rewarding experiences I have ever been through. Propulsion Academy helped me not only learn the practical skills needed for a career in Data Science but also how to apply the knowledge. Making meaning out data. Their curriculum is one of the most comprehensive in the industry.

• Hoxhaj Laurent • Graduate

Before joining the Full-Stack program, I had done lots of research about how a bootcamp experience should be: engaging, intensive, challenging, and rewarding. My time at Propulsion was exactly what I had signed up for! Of course, everything around the course was great, but what I particularly enjoyed was how accessible the staff was. Their door was always open to me and the environment they created in and around the bootcamp made me feel that I was part of a family, something that will last a lifetime!

- 2/22/2018
    Laz • IT Project Manager • Student

Propulsion Academy allowed me to re-orientate my career away from mainframe technology, or at the least, augment that skill-set with web technology.
    The preparation work was intensive and pretty much gave me a sneak-peak into what was to come. Even though I was an experienced software engineer, I was pleasantly yet extremely challenged by the workload.The course was well structured yet allowed for some flexibility where needed. The exercises were very engaging and allowed me to apply my learning and build a portfolio of software products I could show to prospective employers. To cap off the course, I had to present my capstone project at a "Meetup" type of setting, which turned out to be a life changing experience.

• Enjoy a bootcamp!
    - 2/21/2018
    Miguel Perello • Software Engineer • Graduate

The great thing about Propulsion is that there’s something in it for everybody. In my case, after a couple of years working as a developer in the industry, I decided to improve my skills by enrolling in their Full-Stack Development program. Not only did I learn new coding languages and concepts, but I also discovered the social and competitive world of developing, increasing my passion for it even more and my chances for employment.

• Julie George

It was a packed and enriching learning experience for me, the instructors were highly skilled in their fields and were readily available for all your queries. Even though I was a first batch student, I felt the owners took our suggestions very seriously and we could see the improvements being added on the the very next day! The program is structured to suit the job market (Java/Javascript), and the environment created was also very positive and motivating.

I could extend my skill dimensions and I would totally recommend it to anyone who is looking to ramp up their skills!!

• Yusef Habib • Frontend Engineer • Graduate

I was working as a Frontend Engineer when I decided to join the Full Stack Program. For me it was about boosting my backend skills, and when I read the content of the program I immediately knew that it was what I wanted. I didn’t only learn a lot about Java and Spring framework, but also some FrontEnd concepts that made me evolve to a senior mind state. Some grasped concepts became mastered in my head, and some theoretical design patters were applied into real projects.

Instructors are top, very studied in their fields and no question was left without an answer. They were also very reachable trough online channels, no matter day or time, an important point during a bootcamp in my opinion.

One of the best things of this company is the guys behind it. Even though sometimes I had the feeling of being a beta batch, they fulfilled our suggestions from day one, and they were always there in order to improve our experience.

The level of the students in my batch was very different, having some without any knowledge, for me, already a front end developer did not add lots of value, but for them it was helpful when I contributed and helped them on various questions.

If I was being asked again three months ago knowing all of this, I wouldn’t doubt of doing it again.

• Mattias • Student

I'm currently taking part in Propulsion Academy's Full Stack Web Development program and having a great time. For someone coming from a different field, it takes a lot of effort and commitment (most of my nights are also spent in front of a computer), but learning entirely new skillset and way of thinking makes it all worthwile.

While this is a young program, the founders do their best to make it a valuable experience for all of their students. Also, the team of instructurs is a healthy mix of industry experts and former bootcamp graduates, so they know what 's important for us.

Another great selling point: This bootcamp bases its backend part on Java, which is very difficult to find in Europe.

• Awesome bootcamp
    - 8/26/2020
    I work in IT for few years and I did several bootcamp in Europe, this one is the most intense. It means being 100% involved, work a lot, but at the end we have a really good level regarding popular stack (Docker, CI/CD, React, Django, RESTful API ...)
  • Anonymous • Full-stack web developer • Graduate
    After 10+ years in the service sector, I started developed an interest in software and was looking for a ways to get started. I started with self-study, but after countless hours of battling through it all, I decided to join the 12-week full-stack program to give me a final kick to up my skills and break into the tech industry. This was a game-changing decision. Propulsion Academy’s fast paced learning environment and highly focused industry curriculum enabled me to cover a vast amount of ground that I would have not been able to cover on my own in such a short time frame. The teachers and staff were fully invested in ensuring that everyone got the most out of the program and created a very encouraging learning environment. I really appreciated closing out the program with a real project from industry, something that I could showcase to future employers during the job search.