propulsion-academy-logo

Propulsion Academy

Munich, Online, Zurich

Propulsion Academy

Propulsion Academy offers 12-week full-time bootcamps in full stack software development and data science in Zurich, Switzerland. The Full Stack Software Development program covers JavaScript, React.js, Docker, Python, Django, and more. The Data Science bootcamp covers R, Python, Machine Learning, natural language processing, and deep learning. Students participate in immersive, practical, and hands-on experience. Propulsion Academy aims to give students the chance to become programmers no matter their stage in life and is focused on democratizing IT education to enhance Switzerland as an important technology hub within Europe. Classes are hosted at Technopark Zürich.

Many Full Stack Development participants are beginners with some or no prior coding experience, while the Data Science students may have picked up basic programming in academia or while working within the industry. Expect both a non-technical and a technical interview throughout the application process.

Propulsion Academy's career services team coaches students and aims to match graduates with potential employers. Propulsion Academy graduates have been hired by companies like eBay, Novartis, Swiss International Airlines, AvaWomen, Swisscom as well as startups in Switzerland.

Recent Propulsion Academy Reviews: Rating 4.98

all (63) reviews for Propulsion Academy →

Recent Propulsion Academy News

LocationZurich, Munich, Online
    Learn the concepts of data analytics (Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning, Experimental Design, ...) and build solutions using technologies such as R and Python.
    DepositUpon enrollment, you are required to pay a non-refundable CHF 3,500 deposit to reserve your seat in the program. You will have 5 days after signing the enrollment agreement to then pay your deposit.
    Tuition PlansThe remaining balance is due by the end of the second week of the program.
    Prep WorkMust be completed before class start - takes 25 - 40 hours on average to complete.
  • Full-Stack Web Development

LocationZurich, Munich, Online
    Students will learn how to build web-based applications (client-side, database, programming with JavasScript and Python, and deployment).
  • Introduction to SQL

SQL
    CostCHF1,800
    This course starts by introducing you to DBeaver, a Software you will use to interact with databases. Then, you will learn how to define, manipulate and query data using SQL , starting from basic commands like how to create and modify tables, create, retrieve, update and delete records. Once you have enough practice with the basics, we will explore intermediate concepts such as joining tables, conditional expressions, indexing and views. Finally, we will cover advanced topics by looking at window functions, common table expression and database design.
    Minimum Skill LevelThe only prerequisite is that you own a computer, are new to SQL and are not intimidated by technology.
    Prep WorkNo.
  • Python Programming

Python
    CostCHF1,800
    Along with being the fastest growing programming language, Python is the language of choice for building data science. In this remote course you will get an in-depth hands on understanding of Python fundamentals from beginner to advanced level. This online course is for anyone new to Python with an interest in programming. This course will start with an introduction to Python and end with object oriented fundamentals. Along with fundamentals you will learn about Python data structures, automatically scraping data from the web, working with APIs (Google Maps, Twitter), create your own APIs using Flask, use Python with databases, and last but not least use python for generating automated reports. The course will end with a mini-project on the topic of your choice.
    Minimum Skill LevelThe only prerequisite is that you are new to Python and have an interest in programming
    Prep WorkNo.
  • Great program!
    - 4/24/2019
    Jean Coupon • Data Scientist • Graduate

Highly recommended if you need to make the connection between your past experience and a career in Data Science. Perfect for learning the fundamental concepts and tools of data science. For me, it was also a way to accelerate the development of a network of professionals who helped me find a job and with whom I am still in contact. Finally, what I particularly appreciated and which makes a big difference for me compared to other programs is the attention the Propulsion team paid to the students, during the training but also afterwards, when there is a crucial need for support to find a job

• Great experience!
    - 4/11/2019
    Luca • Student

Honestly I'm not sure where to begin, as I have so many great things to say about Propulsion Academy. Not only did they create a fun filled environment full of coding, they went above and beyond throughout the entire process.

I can honestly say that attending the bootcamp was one of the best decisions I have made. Prior to matriculation, I had no coding experience, as did a few other students, but by the end of the semester, especially after completing my Final Project, I felt as if had accumulated a wealth of programming tools and technologies in an astonishingly short period of time.

The instructors will always happily and promptly entertain questions on anything - be it on Python, hashing, Javascript array methods, and, of course, job searching. You will have good fortune searching for jobs if you do!

• Samuel • Data Scientist • Graduate

Recommended.

An ideal mix of theory and hands-on work, with lecturers and instructors with impressive backgrounds in both academia and industry.

The course is perfect for motivated self-starters who want to delve into the intricacies of data science, getting hands-on ASAP.

Furthermore, the network developed during the 3 months among the students, the lecturers and the faculty proved to be extremely valuable when it came to looking for new roles in the industry as well as further broadening one's data science knowledge base.

• Great program!
    - 3/26/2019
    Sophia • Frontend Developer • Graduate

I learned all of the relevant skills for the current job market and was hired immediately after completion as a Frontend Web Developer at the coolest web agency in Zurich.

• Linda • Data Scientist • Graduate

The Data Science program has been a great way to deepen my skills in this field and, thanks also to the final project, to practice what I learned on real messy data.

The instructors had amazing backgrounds in academia and/or in big and famous companies such as Google and LinkedIn.They were always able to stimulate my interest and to answer my questions.

I also really appreciated the Propulsion staff: available, friendly, and great mentors!

In conclusion, my experience with this bootcamp has been truly formative and enjoyable: I would definitely recommend this course to motivated and interested students.

• Enrico • Data Scientist • Student

I would strongly recommend the Data Science course offered by Propulsion Academy. The course is very valuable, well-structured and it allows you to gain practical experiences in different areas of Data Science. The instructors are truly competent and their guidance allows you to rapidly and efficiently move through your first steps in the wide and complex domain of Data Science. The final capstone project further provides students with a unique opportunity to demonstrate their developed skills towards potential employers. The school’s high reputation and its growing professional network are also critical factors for a successful career development after the course. I particularly enjoyed developing my own project from complex company data. It was a challenging experience, highly rewarding given the results obtained and greatly motivating for my future career in Data Science.

Satrajit • Data Scientist • Student

The data science program was a great way to understand and acquire the latest in-demand skills. I was looking to transition from academia to industry, and thanks to the program, I did just that. The format of the course makes you get your hands dirty which is essential to learning the key concepts. The fellow participants, with their varied backgrounds, also adds to the richness of the program. For the final presentations, we learned not only how to develop the product, but also to pitch it. Perhaps the most rewarding of all was being able to work on real data from a company in the Propulsion network and seeing the results implemented. Many thanks to the Propulsion Team!!

Clemente Cortile • Data Scientist • Graduate
    Data Science Immersive Bootcamp. Simply the best, and most effective training I've ever had. It's intense and demanding, but it's worth it. Your efforts will return to you ten times over. Half of the course it's actual work. By the end of it I was I impressed with how much my coding, modeling and analytic skills had improved, and I felt enriched by all the new tools I acquired. Bringing this experience to the job market I was able to tackle and solve business problems by designing AI algorithms. And working dataset through a data science pipeline had become second nature. There are also many jobs opportunities in the field as it's still relatively new and growing. If Better hop in now.
    Dimitris Mousadakos • Graduate

I started the Data Science immersive program in the summer (2018) in view to move from Physics to Data Science. From the first day we were thrown hands-on real problems to solve. This looked a very difficult task in the beginning. After some days, under propulsion's guidance, my troubleshooting skills have increased substantially and from that point an on I could work and advance mostly by relying on my own. Moreover, dealing with real data science cases kept my attention very high throughout the whole program. The instructors had amazing backgrounds in academia and/or in big and famous companies such as Google and LinkedIn. Regarding the project phase, the most rewarding of all was being able to work on real data from a company in the Propulsion network and seeing the results implemented. The exposure in the Propulsion's network eventually helped many of us in getting a job or internship right after finishing the program. I would highly recommend this immersive program to anyone that looks forward to change career path to Data Science or sharpen his skills in the field.

• Review
    Adrian Gross • Professional Software Engineer • Graduate

Propulsion Academy helped me to gain the necessary skills to make a successful start in the world of software development. They also showed me how to design a portfolio that would be appealing to modern companies. With great patience and effort, they supported every member of my class till they found the answer to the problem that they were looking for.

• Ilya Savchenko • Junior web developer • Graduate

I have finished a Full-Stack Web Development course at Propulsion academy in May 2018. If I had to describe my experience with just one sentence, I would say it was on of the best periods of my life. Great people, amazing atmosphere, results-oriented approach. I have enjoyed every single day of those three months. It was a big change for me, I was coming from Academy and had very little coding experience beforehand. This bootcamp literally changed my life.

The curriculum is up-to-date and is always challenging you in a good way, so that you learn something new every day but it's not so hard that you can't make it. The teachers were great, and teaching assistants were always there for us, staying till late evenings and coming over the weekends.

The course is moving with a fast pace, so if you are a kinf of person who likes to always dig deep and needs a lot of time to grasp new concepts, then it might be not the best option for you. It's a bootcamp, you have only three months, and at Propulsion academy they make a professional from you within this short time.

After graduation there was no moment during my interviews when I felt unprepared or unsure about my coding abilities. Of course I had to make a little search of popular interview questions. But my knowledge and experience after the bootcamp were pretty solid and there was always an equal discussion between me and the interviewer.

I can definitely recommend Propulsion academy to any person who is willing to learn how to code and enter the world of web development.

• Sebastian • Student

I completed the Data Science bootcamp, a three month intensive course which topic ranges from basic coding to more advanced machine learning methods. Coming from a different field and wanting to change my career path, Propulsion proved to be an important stepping stone in reaching my goal. I currently work in the field of data and Propulsion has alot to do with this! The instructors are very knowledgable and open, with most working at the forefront of Data Science, for example for companies like Google. The atmosphere in the bootcamp is very family like, with regular social events with the other bootcamps as well as data scientists working in the field. I would highly recommend anyone looking for an exciting and inspiring 3 months!