propulsion-academy-logo

Propulsion Academy

Munich, Online, Zurich

Propulsion Academy

Propulsion Academy offers 12-week full-time bootcamps in full stack software development and data science in Zurich, Switzerland. The Full Stack Software Development program covers JavaScript, React.js, Docker, Python, Django, and more. The Data Science bootcamp covers R, Python, Machine Learning, natural language processing, and deep learning. Students participate in immersive, practical, and hands-on experience. Propulsion Academy aims to give students the chance to become programmers no matter their stage in life and is focused on democratizing IT education to enhance Switzerland as an important technology hub within Europe. Classes are hosted at Technopark Zürich.

Many Full Stack Development participants are beginners with some or no prior coding experience, while the Data Science students may have picked up basic programming in academia or while working within the industry. Expect both a non-technical and a technical interview throughout the application process.

Propulsion Academy's career services team coaches students and aims to match graduates with potential employers. Propulsion Academy graduates have been hired by companies like eBay, Novartis, Swiss International Airlines, AvaWomen, Swisscom as well as startups in Switzerland.

Recent Propulsion Academy Reviews: Rating 4.96

all (71) reviews for Propulsion Academy →

Recent Propulsion Academy News

• Data Science

LocationMunich, Zurich, Online
    Learn the concepts of data analytics (Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning, Experimental Design, ...) and build solutions using technologies such as R and Python.
    DepositUpon enrollment, you are required to pay a non-refundable CHF 3,500 deposit to reserve your seat in the program. You will have 5 days after signing the enrollment agreement to then pay your deposit.
    Tuition PlansThe remaining balance is due by the end of the second week of the program.
    Prep WorkMust be completed before class start - takes 25 - 40 hours on average to complete.
  • Full-Stack Web Development

LocationMunich, Zurich, Online
    Students will learn how to build web-based applications (client-side, database, programming with JavasScript and Python, and deployment).
  • Python Programming

Python
    CostCHF1,800
    Along with being the fastest growing programming language, Python is the language of choice for building data science. In this remote course you will get an in-depth hands on understanding of Python fundamentals from beginner to advanced level. This online course is for anyone new to Python with an interest in programming. This course will start with an introduction to Python and end with object oriented fundamentals. Along with fundamentals you will learn about Python data structures, automatically scraping data from the web, working with APIs (Google Maps, Twitter), create your own APIs using Flask, use Python with databases, and last but not least use python for generating automated reports. The course will end with a mini-project on the topic of your choice.
    Minimum Skill LevelThe only prerequisite is that you are new to Python and have an interest in programming
    Prep WorkNo.
  • Badru Stanicki
    Coming from an academic research background in the sciences, I was looking for a gateway into industry as a Data Scientist. I found Propulsion and was skeptical at first, just like anyone is when they see a concept they haven’t yet experienced. The warm reception I received during the interview process, the impressive list of instructors on the website, and the various backgrounds of the other students got me quickly convinced that I was in the right spot. It was all uphill from there!
  • Jannic Veith • Software Engineer • Graduate
    I studied Engineering and had some experience with coding and algorithmic. Propulsion Academy was a great start into Web-Development and Requirements Engineering.
    You are surrounded by many highly motivated people from diverse backgrounds, all striving to learn and get better.
    There are so many things to take away from here which have benefitted me in my current career as Fullstack Software Engineer.
  • Joseph Gill • Software Developer • Graduate
    I completed the Full Stack Developer course at Propulsion Academy from May to July 2020. I was looking for a place to assist in my desire to quickly transition my career path to one based in Technology, and Propulsion Academy was exactly what I needed to do that. The Full-Stack course coverage of JavaScript, React, Redux, Python, DjangoDRF, and Docker was able to get me a very sound fundamental understanding of how to use these tools. The instructors and teaching assistants were competent and understanding with any and all questions I had about material and assignments. The staff's ability to adapt to the ever-changing landscape due to Covid restrictions on in-person learning was also to be commended. Overall I cannot speak highly enough of the team and program at Propulsion Academy, they helped me to achieve one of my life-long desires.
  • Aldo Lamberti • Graduate
    From the very first day of inteoduction, we felt at home, like a second family. All the staff has been dedicting their life and energy to the perfect contribution for each other, but especially for the students.

The course is challenging, and it really boosts you (from Propulsion hehe) in high speed to be at the forefront of research in Data Science! Sometimes I had to struggle, but the feeling of accomplishing little steps going through the way was very rewarding.

The final project phase is interesting and important, there we were able to implement what we had learned during the course and give a business touch to it! For sure, it’s an added value when compared to other bootcamps. The connections coming from the Propulsion network are very valuable!

Whoever thinks of a career change into Data Science, this is the place to be!
  • Amir • Software Engineer • Graduate
    I was interested in Coding before I applied at Propulsion Academy and I was learning constantly but slowly. This suddenly changed when the preparation work and then the full stack web development program itself started: laser focused on the program, I believe I can say that I've never learned so much in such a short period of time (12 weeks) and had so much fun at the same time. Learning at Propulsion is really hands-on and a good mix between theory and coding. The program helped me learn the essentials I needed to land my first job as a full stack developer!
  • Hugo Costa • Graduate
    Everything about Propulsion Academy is amazing! The school provides an ideal environment for its students. Not only the teachers but all the staff is excellent and they are there 100% for you. The Propulsion Academy experience never ends, you can always come back after the ending of your program. You will be always welcome and you will always find people ready to advise you on your career.
    I took the full-stack program and I need to say that is a very complete program where students learn all the different phases of a project since the planning phase to deployment. If you are looking for a career change and you think that web development was made for you, I highly recommend the Propulsion Academy Full-Stack program.
  • Karine Peltier • Business Analyst / Project Manager • Graduate
    Joining Propulsion Academy has been a major milestone in my continuous education journey. In only 3 months, I have gained first-hand experience in front-end and back-end, as well as the major technologies and trends in the IT sector.

Propulsion Academy has been a major asset to facilitate my job-hunting in a competitive job market. After completing the bootcamp, it took me 2 months to secure a position as a Business Analyst / Project Manager, which was my end goal.

Bootcamp at Propulsion Academy is a unique experience. You will experience a rapid learning curve, from the beginning of your application to the presentation of your final group project. You can count on the helping hand and patience of your teachers, teaching assistants and the rest of your classmates. In a friendly and fast-paced environment, you will cover a wide array of topics and subjects, building up your portfolio and strengthening your skills as a developer. The setting of the bootcamp fosters focus, discipline and mutual help, which I would have had a hard time finding on my own through self-teaching.

Last, Propulsion Academy is a growing start-up with a “big family” atmosphere, taking into account individual feedback from each of their students. The covid-19 pandemic rapidly evolved during my bootcamp. The team at Propulsion Academy has been fantastic before and during the confinement, making sure the students of our batch were having a successful experience, as any other previous batch.

To anyone thinking about joining Propulsion Academy, feel free to reach out: this is the first step to a major milestone in your career.
  • Cedric • Software Developer • Graduate
    With no previous experience, I wanted to start programming to change my career path, as I needed something more exciting and also allowing me to be creative. Before that I was an accountant.

I then joined and completed the Full-Stack bootcamp in April 2019.

During the bootcamp I sometimes felt overwhelmed by everything that had to be learned. But this was actually necessary to get the big picture and in retrospective, it was done really well.

I enjoyed the atmosphere during the bootcamp, staying late and coding away with some other hard-working students and playing lots of ping-pong to free my mind.

Education wise, these were the hardest, but also most rewarding 3 months of my life. If you want to become a developer, this bootcamp is a great way to do it.
  • Ms
    - 8/26/2020
    Cassandra • Data Scientist • Graduate
    Propulsion Academy gave me the confidence I needed to venture into the world of data. The course content is very structures, and up to date with the current technology. The instructor's 'no-bullshit' attitude really help me realise what my strengths and weakness are. The Data Science bootcamp is tough to say the least, but the payoff is rewarding personally, academically and career wise.
  • Ria • Data Scientist • Graduate
    First of all, a big thank you to the whole Propulsion Academy team, as they made me better every day. Coming from another working area, I even found a data science job during the time of the bootcamp!!

It's a perfect program for data science starters, as students practice all different kinds of data science activities - from data cleaning and statistical analysis to deep learning.
    Although pre-work and the first few days are about getting everyone to the same starting coding level, I would recommend basic coding knowledge (Python), even if its applications dates a bit or it is only acquired by attending some free Internet courses.
    Bootcamp summary: understanding theoretical concepts, many hours of hands-on experience, helped by motivated assistants, preparation for technical interviews, having a good time with the class mates.

Contacts remain for a lifetime and I enjoy every time visiting new classes.
  • Totally worth it
    - 3/13/2020
    Pedro • Backend Software Developer • Graduate
    I attended the Full-stack programme at Propulsion from September to end of November 2019. Got a full time job as Software Developer in mid-December. The course is challenging as it is REALLY fast-paced. I had some coding experience before the bootcamp and had a hard time to submit the bonus exercises before midnight each day. I learned a lot though, had a lot of fun and met great people from all sort of backgrounds and nationalities who have become good friends. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t hesitate.
  • Fouad • Data Scientist • Graduate
    I have now been working for 2 different companies in Switzerland as a data scientist over the past 1.5 years and this program played a major role in this. The program itself provides a fantastic curriculum that gives you a whole picture of the data science field. Our mentors helped us throughout the course not only with technical aspects but also encouraged us and gave us rock-solid advice. The mock interviews personally helped me understand what to expect in data science interviews and the career coaches are helpful in preparing students in that regard. The material that we covered was comprehensive and gave a deep understanding of the fundamentals of machine learning and data science in general. Highly knowledgeable, truly dedicated instructors and TAs instructors, with external experts in their own fields that provided crucial added-value with their industry-oriented mindset. Overall, super nice, friendly and patient team, very supportive environment, and the batch of students was filled with motivated learners with a curious mind. Super satisfied with my 12 weeks there, joining the adventure was one of the boldest decision I had taken in recent years, but it was definitely worth it.