propulsion-academy-logo

Propulsion Academy

Munich, Online, Zurich

Propulsion Academy

Propulsion Academy offers 12-week full-time bootcamps in full stack software development and data science in Zurich, Switzerland. The Full Stack Software Development program covers JavaScript, React.js, Docker, Python, Django, and more. The Data Science bootcamp covers R, Python, Machine Learning, natural language processing, and deep learning. Students participate in immersive, practical, and hands-on experience. Propulsion Academy aims to give students the chance to become programmers no matter their stage in life and is focused on democratizing IT education to enhance Switzerland as an important technology hub within Europe. Classes are hosted at Technopark Zürich.

Many Full Stack Development participants are beginners with some or no prior coding experience, while the Data Science students may have picked up basic programming in academia or while working within the industry. Expect both a non-technical and a technical interview throughout the application process.

Propulsion Academy's career services team coaches students and aims to match graduates with potential employers. Propulsion Academy graduates have been hired by companies like eBay, Novartis, Swiss International Airlines, AvaWomen, Swisscom as well as startups in Switzerland.

Recent Propulsion Academy Reviews: Rating 4.98

all (63) reviews for Propulsion Academy →

Recent Propulsion Academy News

• Data Science

LocationZurich, Munich, Online
    Learn the concepts of data analytics (Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning, Experimental Design, ...) and build solutions using technologies such as R and Python.
    DepositUpon enrollment, you are required to pay a non-refundable CHF 3,500 deposit to reserve your seat in the program. You will have 5 days after signing the enrollment agreement to then pay your deposit.
    Tuition PlansThe remaining balance is due by the end of the second week of the program.
    Prep WorkMust be completed before class start - takes 25 - 40 hours on average to complete.
  • Full-Stack Web Development

LocationZurich, Munich, Online
    Students will learn how to build web-based applications (client-side, database, programming with JavasScript and Python, and deployment).
  • Introduction to SQL

SQL
    CostCHF1,800
    This course starts by introducing you to DBeaver, a Software you will use to interact with databases. Then, you will learn how to define, manipulate and query data using SQL , starting from basic commands like how to create and modify tables, create, retrieve, update and delete records. Once you have enough practice with the basics, we will explore intermediate concepts such as joining tables, conditional expressions, indexing and views. Finally, we will cover advanced topics by looking at window functions, common table expression and database design.
    Minimum Skill LevelThe only prerequisite is that you own a computer, are new to SQL and are not intimidated by technology.
    Prep WorkNo.
  • Python Programming

Python
    CostCHF1,800
    Along with being the fastest growing programming language, Python is the language of choice for building data science. In this remote course you will get an in-depth hands on understanding of Python fundamentals from beginner to advanced level. This online course is for anyone new to Python with an interest in programming. This course will start with an introduction to Python and end with object oriented fundamentals. Along with fundamentals you will learn about Python data structures, automatically scraping data from the web, working with APIs (Google Maps, Twitter), create your own APIs using Flask, use Python with databases, and last but not least use python for generating automated reports. The course will end with a mini-project on the topic of your choice.
    Minimum Skill LevelThe only prerequisite is that you are new to Python and have an interest in programming
    Prep WorkNo.
  • Ms
    - 8/26/2020
    Cassandra • Data Scientist • Graduate
    Propulsion Academy gave me the confidence I needed to venture into the world of data. The course content is very structures, and up to date with the current technology. The instructor's 'no-bullshit' attitude really help me realise what my strengths and weakness are. The Data Science bootcamp is tough to say the least, but the payoff is rewarding personally, academically and career wise.
  • Ria • Data Scientist • Graduate
    First of all, a big thank you to the whole Propulsion Academy team, as they made me better every day. Coming from another working area, I even found a data science job during the time of the bootcamp!!

It's a perfect program for data science starters, as students practice all different kinds of data science activities - from data cleaning and statistical analysis to deep learning.
    Although pre-work and the first few days are about getting everyone to the same starting coding level, I would recommend basic coding knowledge (Python), even if its applications dates a bit or it is only acquired by attending some free Internet courses.
    Bootcamp summary: understanding theoretical concepts, many hours of hands-on experience, helped by motivated assistants, preparation for technical interviews, having a good time with the class mates.

Contacts remain for a lifetime and I enjoy every time visiting new classes.
  • Totally worth it
    - 3/13/2020
    Pedro • Backend Software Developer • Graduate
    I attended the Full-stack programme at Propulsion from September to end of November 2019. Got a full time job as Software Developer in mid-December. The course is challenging as it is REALLY fast-paced. I had some coding experience before the bootcamp and had a hard time to submit the bonus exercises before midnight each day. I learned a lot though, had a lot of fun and met great people from all sort of backgrounds and nationalities who have become good friends. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t hesitate.
  • Fouad • Data Scientist • Graduate
    I have now been working for 2 different companies in Switzerland as a data scientist over the past 1.5 years and this program played a major role in this. The program itself provides a fantastic curriculum that gives you a whole picture of the data science field. Our mentors helped us throughout the course not only with technical aspects but also encouraged us and gave us rock-solid advice. The mock interviews personally helped me understand what to expect in data science interviews and the career coaches are helpful in preparing students in that regard. The material that we covered was comprehensive and gave a deep understanding of the fundamentals of machine learning and data science in general. Highly knowledgeable, truly dedicated instructors and TAs instructors, with external experts in their own fields that provided crucial added-value with their industry-oriented mindset. Overall, super nice, friendly and patient team, very supportive environment, and the batch of students was filled with motivated learners with a curious mind. Super satisfied with my 12 weeks there, joining the adventure was one of the boldest decision I had taken in recent years, but it was definitely worth it.
  • Anna Wyss • Software Engineer • Graduate

The Full-Stack Development at Propulsion Academy has empowered me to become a passionate and eager programmer making my living from it!

The program is very challenging. Not only because I came to Propulsion with absolutely non-technical background . Also my classmates, some of them with some coding experience, felt challenged every day. Besides the constant challenges, well structured material and great teaching helped us as a class to create an atmosphere of supporting each other and be motivated by each other. I truly believe that it was this atmosphere that made it possible to learn so much in that short amount of time. The hard working was very smartly rewarded by some parties Propulsion organized :) and they invited speakers -graduates or leaders in the job markets – which gave us inspiration.

You get well prepared for the intensity of the program by preparation material that you have to work through even before the official beginning. Already in preparation time, I was amazed by the constant support from the school and the highly skilled teachers. During the program, even if the paste was very fast, the teachers always found a way to help us with individual questions. Towards the end, the school supported us with their network to integrate in the job market.

Learning to code in this short period of time is possible -when you work hard. I am thankful that this is the mindset we were prepared with from day one. Propulsion Academy helped me developing the mindset, having an incomparable learning experience and find a job as a software developer in a really cool company.

• Adrian • Graduate
    I really appreciated Propulsions ability to simultaneously prepare me for a transition to a programming job while connecting me with relevant industry contacts in Switzerland, not an easy thing to do here.
  • Oana Serban • Data Scientist • Graduate
    Earlier this year I decided to treat the little grey cells to a data science bootcamp in Propulsion Academy Zürich. What a wonderful experience that was!

My main objective was to practice machine learning using Python, however I ended up getting so much more out of this program : well-balanced topics, experienced and passionate instructors, ‘real life’ data to work on (matters so much!), continuous and personalised support, huge networking opportunities.

It was amazing to see how people with such different backgrounds, in different stages of their lives, have something to take from this program to advance their careers. Team leaders, aspiring data scientists, PhDs - we went beyond the hype, did real work with real data, pushed our limits and came to realize once again how important team work is.

I wholeheartedly recommend the Propulsion Academy Data Science bootcamp to anyone interested in gaining or updating skills in this area.
  • Koffi • IT systems Engineer(Software Developer)) • Graduate

Integrating  great schools or courses are not that easy worldwide. Getting the rare ones that makes you feel as part of "something" indescribable is more hard. I was looking for a course to add to all i did already when i got to Switzerland until i got to know Propulsion. The Team as i started with them made me feel confident. i was just not taking a great "full stack developer" course which help me got a job now but as the course was ongoing Propulsion and its team made me feel part of a family and help made Friends that i still have in a country where i knew very few people. This was and still an experience i would love anyone to have.

• Data Science
    - 1/15/2020
    Fabio Lutz • Quantitative Analyst • Graduate

Intensive, but worth every minute! After 12 weeks of intensive work, a student leaves with experience in all fields of data science (web-scraping, machine learning, NLP or deep learning). This is ideal for starting a career in data science or related fields. For me, these 12 months were among the most interessting and informative weeks in my life! No rating in regards to job assistance since I continued working as a Quantitative Analyst at the same employer.

• data science
    - 1/14/2020
    ollol88 • Graduate

project-based, immersive bootcamp in data science. Really satisfied of the quality of the course. Curriculum very well designed. Competent instructors. Great alumni network. Interesting talks from external speakers. Loved the deep learning module. Higly reccomended.

• Julia • Data Scientist • Graduate

I participated in the data science bootcamp at Propulsion Academy and it was overall an amazing experience! The program was very well organized, the content at a good level and the pace was perfect. It was very challenging, but at the same time rewarding and it is just amazing how much you can learn in such a limited amount of time. The instructors were coming from different areas of expertise and all are very knowledgeable and helpful. Also the career advice was great and with their network, they help you to get the jobs you want. Last but not least, we had a lot of fun and I met many great, ambitious and inspiring people. I can definitively recommend this bootcamp to anyone who wants to switch career and get a job as a data scientist in Switzerland!

• Michèle Vollenweider • Data Analyst • Graduate

I decided to do a Data Science course at Propulsion Academy because I wanted to broaden my knowledge in this area. One of my big objectives was to get an overview on what is out there and to learn Python better. I definitely achieved these goals with Propulsion Academy and at the same time I really enjoyed taking classes there. The Data Science course is well built and structured and the teachers can and do help a lot when trying to figure things out. I have to admit that it was quite tough at times but it defnitely paid off. What is also great that during and in the end of the course Propulsion Academy helps you to find a job. They go through your CV with you very meticulously and take their time for everyone individually. From my batch almost everyone got a job after a month or two. I can definitely recommend Propulsion Academy for anyone who wants to take a career change or just broaden the knowledge in Data Science.