propulsion-academy-logo

Propulsion Academy

Zurich

Propulsion Academy

Propulsion Academy offers 12-week full-time bootcamps in full stack software development and data science in Zurich, Switzerland. The Full Stack Software Development program covers JavaScript, React.js, Docker, Python, Django, and more. The Data Science bootcamp covers R, Python, Machine Learning, natural language processing, and deep learning. Students participate in immersive, practical, and hands-on experience. Propulsion Academy aims to give students the chance to become programmers no matter their stage in life and is focused on democratizing IT education to enhance Switzerland as an important technology hub within Europe. Classes are hosted at Technopark Zürich.

Many Full Stack Development participants are beginners with some or no prior coding experience, while the Data Science students may have picked up basic programming in academia or while working within the industry. Expect both a non-technical and a technical interview throughout the application process.

Propulsion Academy's career services team coaches students and aims to match graduates with potential employers. Propulsion Academy graduates have been hired by companies like eBay, Novartis, Swiss International Airlines, AvaWomen, Swisscom as well as startups in Switzerland.

Recent Propulsion Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (54) reviews for Propulsion Academy →

Recent Propulsion Academy News

Data Science, Git, R, Algorithms, SQL, Python, Machine Learning
    LocationZurich
    Learn the concepts of data analytics (Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning, Experimental Design, ...) and build solutions using technologies such as R and Python.
    DepositUpon enrollment, you are required to pay a non-refundable CHF 3,500 deposit to reserve your seat in the program. You will have 5 days after signing the enrollment agreement to then pay your deposit.
    Tuition PlansThe remaining balance is due by the end of the second week of the program.
    Prep WorkMust be completed before class start - takes 25 - 40 hours on average to complete.
  • Full-Stack Web Development

LocationZurich
    Students will learn how to build web-based applications (client-side, database, programming with JavasScript and Python, and deployment).
    - 1/15/2020
    Fabio Lutz • Quantitative Analyst • Graduate

Intensive, but worth every minute! After 12 weeks of intensive work, a student leaves with experience in all fields of data science (web-scraping, machine learning, NLP or deep learning). This is ideal for starting a career in data science or related fields. For me, these 12 months were among the most interessting and informative weeks in my life! No rating in regards to job assistance since I continued working as a Quantitative Analyst at the same employer.

• data science
    - 1/14/2020
    ollol88 • Graduate

project-based, immersive bootcamp in data science. Really satisfied of the quality of the course. Curriculum very well designed. Competent instructors. Great alumni network. Interesting talks from external speakers. Loved the deep learning module. Higly reccomended.

• Julia • Data Scientist • Graduate

I participated in the data science bootcamp at Propulsion Academy and it was overall an amazing experience! The program was very well organized, the content at a good level and the pace was perfect. It was very challenging, but at the same time rewarding and it is just amazing how much you can learn in such a limited amount of time. The instructors were coming from different areas of expertise and all are very knowledgeable and helpful. Also the career advice was great and with their network, they help you to get the jobs you want. Last but not least, we had a lot of fun and I met many great, ambitious and inspiring people. I can definitively recommend this bootcamp to anyone who wants to switch career and get a job as a data scientist in Switzerland!

• Michèle Vollenweider • Data Analyst • Graduate

I decided to do a Data Science course at Propulsion Academy because I wanted to broaden my knowledge in this area. One of my big objectives was to get an overview on what is out there and to learn Python better. I definitely achieved these goals with Propulsion Academy and at the same time I really enjoyed taking classes there. The Data Science course is well built and structured and the teachers can and do help a lot when trying to figure things out. I have to admit that it was quite tough at times but it defnitely paid off. What is also great that during and in the end of the course Propulsion Academy helps you to find a job. They go through your CV with you very meticulously and take their time for everyone individually. From my batch almost everyone got a job after a month or two. I can definitely recommend Propulsion Academy for anyone who wants to take a career change or just broaden the knowledge in Data Science.

• Great program!
    - 4/24/2019
    Jean Coupon • Data Scientist • Graduate

Highly recommended if you need to make the connection between your past experience and a career in Data Science. Perfect for learning the fundamental concepts and tools of data science. For me, it was also a way to accelerate the development of a network of professionals who helped me find a job and with whom I am still in contact. Finally, what I particularly appreciated and which makes a big difference for me compared to other programs is the attention the Propulsion team paid to the students, during the training but also afterwards, when there is a crucial need for support to find a job

• Great experience!
    - 4/11/2019
    Luca • Student

Honestly I'm not sure where to begin, as I have so many great things to say about Propulsion Academy. Not only did they create a fun filled environment full of coding, they went above and beyond throughout the entire process.

I can honestly say that attending the bootcamp was one of the best decisions I have made. Prior to matriculation, I had no coding experience, as did a few other students, but by the end of the semester, especially after completing my Final Project, I felt as if had accumulated a wealth of programming tools and technologies in an astonishingly short period of time.

The instructors will always happily and promptly entertain questions on anything - be it on Python, hashing, Javascript array methods, and, of course, job searching. You will have good fortune searching for jobs if you do!

• Samuel • Data Scientist • Graduate

Recommended.

An ideal mix of theory and hands-on work, with lecturers and instructors with impressive backgrounds in both academia and industry.

The course is perfect for motivated self-starters who want to delve into the intricacies of data science, getting hands-on ASAP.

Furthermore, the network developed during the 3 months among the students, the lecturers and the faculty proved to be extremely valuable when it came to looking for new roles in the industry as well as further broadening one's data science knowledge base.

• Great program!
    - 3/26/2019
    Sophia • Frontend Developer • Graduate

I learned all of the relevant skills for the current job market and was hired immediately after completion as a Frontend Web Developer at the coolest web agency in Zurich.

• Linda • Data Scientist • Graduate

The Data Science program has been a great way to deepen my skills in this field and, thanks also to the final project, to practice what I learned on real messy data.

The instructors had amazing backgrounds in academia and/or in big and famous companies such as Google and LinkedIn.They were always able to stimulate my interest and to answer my questions.

I also really appreciated the Propulsion staff: available, friendly, and great mentors!

In conclusion, my experience with this bootcamp has been truly formative and enjoyable: I would definitely recommend this course to motivated and interested students.

• Enrico • Data Scientist • Student

I would strongly recommend the Data Science course offered by Propulsion Academy. The course is very valuable, well-structured and it allows you to gain practical experiences in different areas of Data Science. The instructors are truly competent and their guidance allows you to rapidly and efficiently move through your first steps in the wide and complex domain of Data Science. The final capstone project further provides students with a unique opportunity to demonstrate their developed skills towards potential employers. The school’s high reputation and its growing professional network are also critical factors for a successful career development after the course. I particularly enjoyed developing my own project from complex company data. It was a challenging experience, highly rewarding given the results obtained and greatly motivating for my future career in Data Science.

- 3/18/2019
    Satrajit • Data Scientist • Student

The data science program was a great way to understand and acquire the latest in-demand skills. I was looking to transition from academia to industry, and thanks to the program, I did just that. The format of the course makes you get your hands dirty which is essential to learning the key concepts. The fellow participants, with their varied backgrounds, also adds to the richness of the program. For the final presentations, we learned not only how to develop the product, but also to pitch it. Perhaps the most rewarding of all was being able to work on real data from a company in the Propulsion network and seeing the results implemented. Many thanks to the Propulsion Team!!

- 3/18/2019
    Clemente Cortile • Data Scientist • Graduate
    Data Science Immersive Bootcamp. Simply the best, and most effective training I've ever had. It's intense and demanding, but it's worth it. Your efforts will return to you ten times over. Half of the course it's actual work. By the end of it I was I impressed with how much my coding, modeling and analytic skills had improved, and I felt enriched by all the new tools I acquired. Bringing this experience to the job market I was able to tackle and solve business problems by designing AI algorithms. And working dataset through a data science pipeline had become second nature. There are also many jobs opportunities in the field as it's still relatively new and growing. If Better hop in now.