propulsion-academy-logo

Propulsion Academy

Munich, Online, Zurich

Propulsion Academy

Propulsion Academy offers 12-week full-time bootcamps in full stack software development and data science in Zurich, Switzerland. The Full Stack Software Development program covers JavaScript, React.js, Docker, Python, Django, and more. The Data Science bootcamp covers R, Python, Machine Learning, natural language processing, and deep learning. Students participate in immersive, practical, and hands-on experience. Propulsion Academy aims to give students the chance to become programmers no matter their stage in life and is focused on democratizing IT education to enhance Switzerland as an important technology hub within Europe. Classes are hosted at Technopark Zürich.

Many Full Stack Development participants are beginners with some or no prior coding experience, while the Data Science students may have picked up basic programming in academia or while working within the industry. Expect both a non-technical and a technical interview throughout the application process.

Propulsion Academy's career services team coaches students and aims to match graduates with potential employers. Propulsion Academy graduates have been hired by companies like eBay, Novartis, Swiss International Airlines, AvaWomen, Swisscom as well as startups in Switzerland.

Recent Propulsion Academy Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (69) reviews for Propulsion Academy →

Recent Propulsion Academy News

• Data Science

LocationZurich, Munich, Online
    Learn the concepts of data analytics (Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning, Experimental Design, ...) and build solutions using technologies such as R and Python.
    DepositUpon enrollment, you are required to pay a non-refundable CHF 3,500 deposit to reserve your seat in the program. You will have 5 days after signing the enrollment agreement to then pay your deposit.
    Tuition PlansThe remaining balance is due by the end of the second week of the program.
    Prep WorkMust be completed before class start - takes 25 - 40 hours on average to complete.
  • Full-Stack Web Development

LocationZurich, Munich, Online
    Students will learn how to build web-based applications (client-side, database, programming with JavasScript and Python, and deployment).
  • Python Programming

Python
    CostCHF1,800
    Along with being the fastest growing programming language, Python is the language of choice for building data science. In this remote course you will get an in-depth hands on understanding of Python fundamentals from beginner to advanced level. This online course is for anyone new to Python with an interest in programming. This course will start with an introduction to Python and end with object oriented fundamentals. Along with fundamentals you will learn about Python data structures, automatically scraping data from the web, working with APIs (Google Maps, Twitter), create your own APIs using Flask, use Python with databases, and last but not least use python for generating automated reports. The course will end with a mini-project on the topic of your choice.
    Minimum Skill LevelThe only prerequisite is that you are new to Python and have an interest in programming
    Prep WorkNo.
  • Marita Salz  User Photo
    Marita Salz • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

The Propulsion Academy was a real experience. The time was intense, merciless and oh so rewarding!
    The curriculum is tight and focused. The extensive teaching content and the excellent teachers prepare you perfectly for your job search. An exceptional time in every respect, in which besides hard work, fun was not missing and the intercultural understanding of students from all over the world was promoted. A first-class introduction to the world of full-stack development for job seekers of all nationalities.

• Mirko Reichlin  User Photo
    Mirko Reichlin • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

With a background in finance and some experience with code, I applied for this bootcamp last year (2019). From the first email to the last handshake, I was overall very happy with Propulision Academy.

Learning React, Django, Git and Docker from various instructors prepared me well for my current internship at a larger software development agency in Zurich. TypeScript should be added in the future. We had different instructors for different topics, and therefore the quality of the instructors varied on a high level.

Propulsion does help with the job search, but if there is room for improvement, here there could be a more streamlined process.

The team at Propulsion Academy is truly awesome and I would never have imagined such a fun time at a school in Zurich. Thanks again.

• Barry  User Photo
    Barry • Research Fellow @ ETH Library Lab • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Completing the Data Science Bootcamp at Propulsion was both challenging and incredibly rewarding.
    The entire management and teaching staff work hard to create a positive and encouraging environment which allows them to push people far beyond what they thought was achievable in just 3 months. The afternoons of hands-on exercises and challenges which are self-directed and open-ended, allow you to extract as much experience as you possibly can from your time on the course.

An aspect that I particularly liked was the number of different instructors who had years of industry experience. Having their input made you feel sure that you are on the right track and having a variety of teaching styles throughout the course keeps it interesting too.

The learning pace on this course is fast and the workload takes commitment, but by the end you'll have gained a huge number of essential Data Science skills and have the confidence to discuss, present and work on almost any topic in the field. I'm very happy that I completed it and felt well prepared for the job market afterwards.

• Fantastic course!
    - 4/16/2019
    Constance SL  User Photo
    Constance SL • Postdoctoral researcher • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The Data Science program is fantastic, supported by a competent, friendly, and helpful team. The approach is very ‘hands-on’ and problem oriented, letting you dive right in. But no need to worry: you are supported at every step of the way by the instructors and the teaching assistant. Thanks to Propulsion Academy, I have had the opportunity to develop a research project I really like and get funding from the Swiss National Science Foundation. More importantly, it has given me the knowledge and confidence to move towards a field of work I had always been interested in but never dared approach before. Registering for this course is the best professional decision I ever took!

• Great program!
    - 4/12/2019
    Tobias  User Photo
    Tobias • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Great program! Propulsion Academy gave me the chance to get a kick-start into programming. The course was challenging and rewarding. Instructors and staff were highly motivated and very patient with us. We had a great class and lots of fun. In the breaks we played often ping-pong and had generally many social events together. It was a great experience and absolutely worth it!

• Michal  User Photo
    Michal • AI engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Having background in life sciences and a limited programming experience, I was not sure what to expect before starting the Data Science bootcamp. Quite early in the course, however, it became apparent where it all is going: the participants are exposed to the multitude of topics comprising this field and get a taste of most of them by solving provided assignments. With a constant flow of new information, it never gets boring - on the contrary, carefully selected teachers with their various backgrounds strive every day to satisfy our never-ceasing appetite for knowledge. The challenging capstone project with the final presentation was a perfect cherry on the cake. Overall, an invaluable and definitely life-changing experience.

• Michał  User Photo
    Michał • Software engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Propulsion Academy boot camps opens new possibilities for the people that are looking for a change in their lives. From the prep-work through the classes, the program is very carefully structured. Lectures are provided by developers with many years of experience, who are able to answer all of your questions. During the whole program, you are supported by teaching assistants helping you understand new materials and resolve challenges. They also do not forget about maintaining a good atmosphere and integration within the group. For me, Propulsion Academy was the hope of finding my place on the Swiss job market. They not only taught me how to code but they also helped me believe in myself.

• Flurin Conradin  User Photo
    Flurin Conradin • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Given my limited background with programming, I didn’t think it would be possible for such a program to take me to a junior full-stack developer level. I did my due diligence and looked at other options. I finally chose Propulsion because the interaction with the staff had been the most professional (very quick responses to emails, well-structured personal technical interviews to be accepted into the program). Additionally, the curriculum seemed to be the most advanced, focusing on languages and frameworks that are needed for modern software development. And I wasn't disappointed: the journey had been demanding, but the TAs were very supportive and even came in on weekends to make sure we got the most out of the program. Upon completion, I sent out about ten applications and was invited to six interviews within one month. Needless to say, I got what I wanted out of the program and can definitely say that Propulsion has given me a very solid basis to build upon.

• Michal Burgunder  User Photo
    Michal Burgunder • Backend Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

After graduating from university, I found myself in a role that was not technical enough to stimulate my intellectual curiosity nor could ensure a long-term future. Software development was definitely the way to go, but how would I get there? Except for the many resources online that taught you the specifics of virtually any tool, but no all-encompassing overview of the whole field of software engineering, I was on my own. The Full-Stack program not only taught you to think like a software engineer, but also gave you career-related resources beyond the education: professional connections, mentoring, CV editing, and ample opportunities to prove yourself to the public. Propulsion Academy's no-nonsense approach to teaching modern technologies was a perfect and it was not long before I found a job as a Software Engineer!

• Evgeniya Tokareva  User Photo
    Evgeniya Tokareva • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

After 2 year-long career break, I finally decided to switch from Process Engineering to Software Development. I did some online courses during this time, but always felt it was not enough to land a job. Propulsion Academy became a place for me to grow into a developer. The well-thought-out roadmap and time efficiency of the program made me confident to pick up any framework or web-technology and make it work. I did not only acquire the most in-demand skills in the industry but also felt very welcome in a warm and inviting culture and had valuable career support after I was done as a student. The program finished with a happy ending as I was hired by one of the instructors as a Full-Stack Developer. Challenging, motivating, just great!

• Lukas  User Photo
    Lukas • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Propulsion Academy has been a great experience and helped me approach the career that I’ve been heading for. In addition to my recent Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering at ETH Zürich, this coding bootcamp made the difference and opened new opportunities. The course focuses on very relevant topics and skills with the goal to make the candidates attractive for employers in the field of software development. With a set curriculum and competent supervision, an environment for fast and high quality learning is provided. On top of all, the Propulsion Academy team puts emphasis on networking opportunities and guide the students in the process of figuring out the next step in their career.

The curriculum was very good but still had room for improvement here and there. The instructors' quality vary but is generally very good. The founder of Propulsion Academy is behind this project with all his heart and puts a lot of individual attention and consultation to each student during the course. Thanks to the bootcamp I landed a software engineering position and I would've never passed the interview without Propulsion Academy. I also feel like I had a kickstart on my new job, thanks to the very relevant curriculum. I also enjoyed the nostalgia from the classroom experience and bonding with very interesting people that do the course too.

• Jannic Veith • Software Engineer • Graduate
    I studied Engineering and had some experience with coding and algorithmic. Propulsion Academy was a great start into Web-Development and Requirements Engineering.
    You are surrounded by many highly motivated people from diverse backgrounds, all striving to learn and get better.
    There are so many things to take away from here which have benefitted me in my current career as Fullstack Software Engineer.