propulsion-academy-logo

Propulsion Academy

Zurich

Propulsion Academy

Propulsion Academy offers 12-week full-time bootcamps in full stack software development and data science in Zurich, Switzerland. The Full Stack Software Development program covers JavaScript, React.js, Docker, Python, Django, and more. The Data Science bootcamp covers R, Python, Machine Learning, natural language processing, and deep learning. Students participate in immersive, practical, and hands-on experience. Propulsion Academy aims to give students the chance to become programmers no matter their stage in life and is focused on democratizing IT education to enhance Switzerland as an important technology hub within Europe. Classes are hosted at Technopark Zürich.

Many Full Stack Development participants are beginners with some or no prior coding experience, while the Data Science students may have picked up basic programming in academia or while working within the industry. Expect both a non-technical and a technical interview throughout the application process.

Propulsion Academy's career services team coaches students and aims to match graduates with potential employers. Propulsion Academy graduates have been hired by companies like eBay, Novartis, Swiss International Airlines, AvaWomen, Swisscom as well as startups in Switzerland.

Recent Propulsion Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (48) reviews for Propulsion Academy →

Recent Propulsion Academy News

Data Science, Git, R, Algorithms, SQL, Python, Machine Learning
    LocationZurich
    Learn the concepts of data analytics (Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning, Experimental Design, ...) and build solutions using technologies such as R and Python.
    DepositUpon enrollment, you are required to pay a non-refundable CHF 3,500 deposit to reserve your seat in the program. You will have 5 days after signing the enrollment agreement to then pay your deposit.
    Tuition PlansThe remaining balance is due by the end of the second week of the program.
    Prep WorkMust be completed before class start - takes 25 - 40 hours on average to complete.
  • Full-Stack Web Development

LocationZurich
    Students will learn how to build web-based applications (client-side, database, programming with JavasScript and Python, and deployment).

• Great experience!
    - 4/11/2019
    Luca • Student

Honestly I'm not sure where to begin, as I have so many great things to say about Propulsion Academy. Not only did they create a fun filled environment full of coding, they went above and beyond throughout the entire process.

I can honestly say that attending the bootcamp was one of the best decisions I have made. Prior to matriculation, I had no coding experience, as did a few other students, but by the end of the semester, especially after completing my Final Project, I felt as if had accumulated a wealth of programming tools and technologies in an astonishingly short period of time.

The instructors will always happily and promptly entertain questions on anything - be it on Python, hashing, Javascript array methods, and, of course, job searching. You will have good fortune searching for jobs if you do!

• Samuel • Data Scientist • Graduate

Recommended.

An ideal mix of theory and hands-on work, with lecturers and instructors with impressive backgrounds in both academia and industry.

The course is perfect for motivated self-starters who want to delve into the intricacies of data science, getting hands-on ASAP.

Furthermore, the network developed during the 3 months among the students, the lecturers and the faculty proved to be extremely valuable when it came to looking for new roles in the industry as well as further broadening one's data science knowledge base.

• Great program!
    - 3/26/2019
    Sophia • Frontend Developer • Graduate

I learned all of the relevant skills for the current job market and was hired immediately after completion as a Frontend Web Developer at the coolest web agency in Zurich.

• Linda • Data Scientist • Graduate

The Data Science program has been a great way to deepen my skills in this field and, thanks also to the final project, to practice what I learned on real messy data.

The instructors had amazing backgrounds in academia and/or in big and famous companies such as Google and LinkedIn.They were always able to stimulate my interest and to answer my questions.

I also really appreciated the Propulsion staff: available, friendly, and great mentors!

In conclusion, my experience with this bootcamp has been truly formative and enjoyable: I would definitely recommend this course to motivated and interested students.

• Enrico • Data Scientist • Student

I would strongly recommend the Data Science course offered by Propulsion Academy. The course is very valuable, well-structured and it allows you to gain practical experiences in different areas of Data Science. The instructors are truly competent and their guidance allows you to rapidly and efficiently move through your first steps in the wide and complex domain of Data Science. The final capstone project further provides students with a unique opportunity to demonstrate their developed skills towards potential employers. The school’s high reputation and its growing professional network are also critical factors for a successful career development after the course. I particularly enjoyed developing my own project from complex company data. It was a challenging experience, highly rewarding given the results obtained and greatly motivating for my future career in Data Science.

Satrajit • Data Scientist • Student

The data science program was a great way to understand and acquire the latest in-demand skills. I was looking to transition from academia to industry, and thanks to the program, I did just that. The format of the course makes you get your hands dirty which is essential to learning the key concepts. The fellow participants, with their varied backgrounds, also adds to the richness of the program. For the final presentations, we learned not only how to develop the product, but also to pitch it. Perhaps the most rewarding of all was being able to work on real data from a company in the Propulsion network and seeing the results implemented. Many thanks to the Propulsion Team!!

Clemente Cortile • Data Scientist • Graduate
    Data Science Immersive Bootcamp. Simply the best, and most effective training I've ever had. It's intense and demanding, but it's worth it. Your efforts will return to you ten times over. Half of the course it's actual work. By the end of it I was I impressed with how much my coding, modeling and analytic skills had improved, and I felt enriched by all the new tools I acquired. Bringing this experience to the job market I was able to tackle and solve business problems by designing AI algorithms. And working dataset through a data science pipeline had become second nature. There are also many jobs opportunities in the field as it's still relatively new and growing. If Better hop in now.
    Dimitris Mousadakos • Graduate

I started the Data Science immersive program in the summer (2018) in view to move from Physics to Data Science. From the first day we were thrown hands-on real problems to solve. This looked a very difficult task in the beginning. After some days, under propulsion's guidance, my troubleshooting skills have increased substantially and from that point an on I could work and advance mostly by relying on my own. Moreover, dealing with real data science cases kept my attention very high throughout the whole program. The instructors had amazing backgrounds in academia and/or in big and famous companies such as Google and LinkedIn. Regarding the project phase, the most rewarding of all was being able to work on real data from a company in the Propulsion network and seeing the results implemented. The exposure in the Propulsion's network eventually helped many of us in getting a job or internship right after finishing the program. I would highly recommend this immersive program to anyone that looks forward to change career path to Data Science or sharpen his skills in the field.

• Review
    Adrian Gross • Professional Software Engineer • Graduate

Propulsion Academy helped me to gain the necessary skills to make a successful start in the world of software development. They also showed me how to design a portfolio that would be appealing to modern companies. With great patience and effort, they supported every member of my class till they found the answer to the problem that they were looking for.

• Ilya Savchenko • Junior web developer • Graduate

I have finished a Full-Stack Web Development course at Propulsion academy in May 2018. If I had to describe my experience with just one sentence, I would say it was on of the best periods of my life. Great people, amazing atmosphere, results-oriented approach. I have enjoyed every single day of those three months. It was a big change for me, I was coming from Academy and had very little coding experience beforehand. This bootcamp literally changed my life.

The curriculum is up-to-date and is always challenging you in a good way, so that you learn something new every day but it's not so hard that you can't make it. The teachers were great, and teaching assistants were always there for us, staying till late evenings and coming over the weekends.

The course is moving with a fast pace, so if you are a kinf of person who likes to always dig deep and needs a lot of time to grasp new concepts, then it might be not the best option for you. It's a bootcamp, you have only three months, and at Propulsion academy they make a professional from you within this short time.

After graduation there was no moment during my interviews when I felt unprepared or unsure about my coding abilities. Of course I had to make a little search of popular interview questions. But my knowledge and experience after the bootcamp were pretty solid and there was always an equal discussion between me and the interviewer.

I can definitely recommend Propulsion academy to any person who is willing to learn how to code and enter the world of web development.

• Sebastian • Student

I completed the Data Science bootcamp, a three month intensive course which topic ranges from basic coding to more advanced machine learning methods. Coming from a different field and wanting to change my career path, Propulsion proved to be an important stepping stone in reaching my goal. I currently work in the field of data and Propulsion has alot to do with this! The instructors are very knowledgable and open, with most working at the forefront of Data Science, for example for companies like Google. The atmosphere in the bootcamp is very family like, with regular social events with the other bootcamps as well as data scientists working in the field. I would highly recommend anyone looking for an exciting and inspiring 3 months!

• Ueli Kiefer • Technology Advisor • Graduate

I have attended the Data-Science Bootcamp while still being employed as Technology Advisor by my Company. There are three reasons why I give this school all 5 stars:

1. Nowhere else in Switzerland you will get as much detailed insight and practice into Data-Science in that duration! After the Bootcamp you will have a clear picture about what is just buzz behind Data-Science and what is applicable, practicable and moneytiseable Data-Science.

2. You won't find any other institution in Switzerland with that level of up-to-date Data-Science (and Full-Stack) which will take you in and welcome you, regardless of your certifcates and previous education! Sure, you will need to pass the interviews, show them that you have the necessary intrinsic motivation and the skill-set, but it's more about who you are and what you can do rather than just your paper-based degrees.

3. I cannot think of any other institution which is so determined to get you a job or at least an internship in one of their acquainted - all CH-based companies. If you want to make something out of these programs, you will! If you want to get connected to people allready working with google, ebay, tamedia, SIX, UPC or tech-startups, you will!

Summing it up, totally worth the money if you are determined to do something with it.

If you expect that everything is handed to you veeeeeery slooooowly, ten times pre-digested and neatly prepared on a silver plate you may want to look for other ways to broaden your knowledge - it will for sure take you longer, cost you most likely more and but you at max in the same spot as after 12 intense weeks Bootcamp with a glowing brain, little sleep, aching fingers and a bunch of pretty cool people :-)

• Daniele Roncaglioni • Graduate

The Propulsion team was super nice and always available. I had tons of fun and learned so much in what probably have been some of the most memorable 12 weeks of my live. I really loved their no-nonsense goal oriented approach. The one goal of the founder is to help you get a job, and all the instructors goal is to get you ready for that. In 12 weeks you learn more than what you believe is possible and once you have risen to the challenge, you just realize how well-chosen the curriculum is. It fits the industries needs and gets you as close as possible to being a well-rounded developer in that time frame. 10/10 would recommend.

• Ian Stump • Student

The title says it all, I did a career change, coming from a Finance background, and after 3 months, my knowledge as a Software Developer became solid and ready for a job.

If I could go back in time, I would do the same course again and again.

• Lucas Cotta • Co Founder at W3lcome • Graduate

One of the most rewarding experiences I have ever been through. Propulsion Academy helped me not only learn the practical skills needed for a career in Data Science but also how to apply the knowledge. Making meaning out data. Their curriculum is one of the most comprehensive in the industry.

• Hoxhaj Laurent • Graduate

Before joining the Full-Stack program, I had done lots of research about how a bootcamp experience should be: engaging, intensive, challenging, and rewarding. My time at Propulsion was exactly what I had signed up for! Of course, everything around the course was great, but what I particularly enjoyed was how accessible the staff was. Their door was always open to me and the environment they created in and around the bootcamp made me feel that I was part of a family, something that will last a lifetime!

- 2/22/2018
    Laz • IT Project Manager • Student

Propulsion Academy allowed me to re-orientate my career away from mainframe technology, or at the least, augment that skill-set with web technology.
    The preparation work was intensive and pretty much gave me a sneak-peak into what was to come. Even though I was an experienced software engineer, I was pleasantly yet extremely challenged by the workload.The course was well structured yet allowed for some flexibility where needed. The exercises were very engaging and allowed me to apply my learning and build a portfolio of software products I could show to prospective employers. To cap off the course, I had to present my capstone project at a "Meetup" type of setting, which turned out to be a life changing experience.

• Enjoy a bootcamp!
    - 2/21/2018
    Miguel Perello • Software Engineer • Graduate

The great thing about Propulsion is that there’s something in it for everybody. In my case, after a couple of years working as a developer in the industry, I decided to improve my skills by enrolling in their Full-Stack Development program. Not only did I learn new coding languages and concepts, but I also discovered the social and competitive world of developing, increasing my passion for it even more and my chances for employment.

• Julie George

It was a packed and enriching learning experience for me, the instructors were highly skilled in their fields and were readily available for all your queries. Even though I was a first batch student, I felt the owners took our suggestions very seriously and we could see the improvements being added on the the very next day! The program is structured to suit the job market (Java/Javascript), and the environment created was also very positive and motivating.

I could extend my skill dimensions and I would totally recommend it to anyone who is looking to ramp up their skills!!

• Yusef Habib • Frontend Engineer • Graduate

I was working as a Frontend Engineer when I decided to join the Full Stack Program. For me it was about boosting my backend skills, and when I read the content of the program I immediately knew that it was what I wanted. I didn’t only learn a lot about Java and Spring framework, but also some FrontEnd concepts that made me evolve to a senior mind state. Some grasped concepts became mastered in my head, and some theoretical design patters were applied into real projects.

Instructors are top, very studied in their fields and no question was left without an answer. They were also very reachable trough online channels, no matter day or time, an important point during a bootcamp in my opinion.

One of the best things of this company is the guys behind it. Even though sometimes I had the feeling of being a beta batch, they fulfilled our suggestions from day one, and they were always there in order to improve our experience.

The level of the students in my batch was very different, having some without any knowledge, for me, already a front end developer did not add lots of value, but for them it was helpful when I contributed and helped them on various questions.

If I was being asked again three months ago knowing all of this, I wouldn’t doubt of doing it again.

• Mattias • Student

I'm currently taking part in Propulsion Academy's Full Stack Web Development program and having a great time. For someone coming from a different field, it takes a lot of effort and commitment (most of my nights are also spent in front of a computer), but learning entirely new skillset and way of thinking makes it all worthwile.

While this is a young program, the founders do their best to make it a valuable experience for all of their students. Also, the team of instructurs is a healthy mix of industry experts and former bootcamp graduates, so they know what 's important for us.

Another great selling point: This bootcamp bases its backend part on Java, which is very difficult to find in Europe.

After a hopeless job searching for half a year in Switzerland, I decided to take the 12-weeks data science Bootcamp at Propulsion Academy, which helped me to find my first Internship in Zurich.

In the Bootcamp,  different experts with industry experience in data science area were invited to give courses, hands-on exercises were designed for a better understanding of the topics. Great chances were provided to build up your networking, which contributed to finding more possibilities for a job.

The Data Science Bootcamp at Propulsion academy was the fast solution that I needed to catch up with the new technologies in the Data Science community, especially in machine learning and deep learning. It is also quite useful to get a certificate, which is quite required in Switzerland.