propulsion-academy-logo

Propulsion Academy

Zurich

Propulsion Academy

Propulsion Academy offers 12-week full-time bootcamps in full stack software development and data science in Zurich, Switzerland. The software development bootcamp covers JavaScript, Python, Django, React and more, while the data science bootcamp covers R, Python, Machine Learning, and Natural Language Processing. Students will participate in an immersive, practical, and hands-on experience. Propulsion Academy aims to give students the chance to become programmers no matter their stage in life and is focused on democratizing IT education to enhance Switzerland as an important technology hub within Europe. Classes are hosted at Technopark Zürich.

While applicants don't need to have previous programming experience, you must show passion and motivation about becoming a software developer. Expect both a non-technical and a technical interview throughout the application process.

Propulsion Academy's career services team coaches students and aims to match graduates with potential employers. Propulsion Academy graduates have been hired by companies like Ebay, Swisscom, Elca, OneDot, SwissQuant, and more.

Recent Propulsion Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (30) reviews for Propulsion Academy →

Recent Propulsion Academy News

• Data Science

Data Science, Git, R, Python, SQL, Machine Learning, Algorithms
    LocationZurich
    Learn the concepts of data analytics (Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning, Experimental Design, ...) and build solutions using technologies such as R and Python.
    DepositUpon enrollment, you are required to pay a non-refundable CHF 3,500 deposit to reserve your seat in the program. You will have 5 days after signing the enrollment agreement to then pay your deposit.
    Tuition PlansThe remaining balance is due by the end of the second week of the program.
    Prep WorkMust be completed before class start - takes 25 - 40 hours on average to complete.
  • Full-Stack Web Development

LocationZurich
    Students will learn how to build web-based applications (client-side, database, programming with JavasScript and Python, and deployment).

- 2/22/2018
    Laz • IT Project Manager • Student

Propulsion Academy allowed me to re-orientate my career away from mainframe technology, or at the least, augment that skill-set with web technology.
    The preparation work was intensive and pretty much gave me a sneak-peak into what was to come. Even though I was an experienced software engineer, I was pleasantly yet extremely challenged by the workload.The course was well structured yet allowed for some flexibility where needed. The exercises were very engaging and allowed me to apply my learning and build a portfolio of software products I could show to prospective employers. To cap off the course, I had to present my capstone project at a "Meetup" type of setting, which turned out to be a life changing experience.

• Enjoy a bootcamp!
    - 2/21/2018
    Miguel Perello • Software Engineer • Graduate

The great thing about Propulsion is that there’s something in it for everybody. In my case, after a couple of years working as a developer in the industry, I decided to improve my skills by enrolling in their Full-Stack Development program. Not only did I learn new coding languages and concepts, but I also discovered the social and competitive world of developing, increasing my passion for it even more and my chances for employment.

• Julie George

It was a packed and enriching learning experience for me, the instructors were highly skilled in their fields and were readily available for all your queries. Even though I was a first batch student, I felt the owners took our suggestions very seriously and we could see the improvements being added on the the very next day! The program is structured to suit the job market (Java/Javascript), and the environment created was also very positive and motivating.

I could extend my skill dimensions and I would totally recommend it to anyone who is looking to ramp up their skills!!

• Yusef Habib • Frontend Engineer • Graduate

I was working as a Frontend Engineer when I decided to join the Full Stack Program. For me it was about boosting my backend skills, and when I read the content of the program I immediately knew that it was what I wanted. I didn’t only learn a lot about Java and Spring framework, but also some FrontEnd concepts that made me evolve to a senior mind state. Some grasped concepts became mastered in my head, and some theoretical design patters were applied into real projects.

Instructors are top, very studied in their fields and no question was left without an answer. They were also very reachable trough online channels, no matter day or time, an important point during a bootcamp in my opinion.

One of the best things of this company is the guys behind it. Even though sometimes I had the feeling of being a beta batch, they fulfilled our suggestions from day one, and they were always there in order to improve our experience.

The level of the students in my batch was very different, having some without any knowledge, for me, already a front end developer did not add lots of value, but for them it was helpful when I contributed and helped them on various questions.

If I was being asked again three months ago knowing all of this, I wouldn’t doubt of doing it again.

• Mattias • Student

I'm currently taking part in Propulsion Academy's Full Stack Web Development program and having a great time. For someone coming from a different field, it takes a lot of effort and commitment (most of my nights are also spent in front of a computer), but learning entirely new skillset and way of thinking makes it all worthwile.

While this is a young program, the founders do their best to make it a valuable experience for all of their students. Also, the team of instructurs is a healthy mix of industry experts and former bootcamp graduates, so they know what 's important for us.

Another great selling point: This bootcamp bases its backend part on Java, which is very difficult to find in Europe.