propulsion-academy-logo

Propulsion Academy

Zurich

Propulsion Academy

Propulsion Academy offers 12-week full-time bootcamps in full stack software development and data science in Zurich, Switzerland. The Full Stack Software Development program covers JavaScript, React.js, Docker, Python, Django, and more. The Data Science bootcamp covers R, Python, Machine Learning, natural language processing, and deep learning. Students participate in immersive, practical, and hands-on experience. Propulsion Academy aims to give students the chance to become programmers no matter their stage in life and is focused on democratizing IT education to enhance Switzerland as an important technology hub within Europe. Classes are hosted at Technopark Zürich.

Many Full Stack Development participants are beginners with some or no prior coding experience, while the Data Science students may have picked up basic programming in academia or while working within the industry. Expect both a non-technical and a technical interview throughout the application process.

Propulsion Academy's career services team coaches students and aims to match graduates with potential employers. Propulsion Academy graduates have been hired by companies like eBay, Novartis, Swiss International Airlines, AvaWomen, Swisscom as well as startups in Switzerland.

Recent Propulsion Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (54) reviews for Propulsion Academy →

Recent Propulsion Academy News

• Data Science

Data Science, Git, R, Algorithms, SQL, Python, Machine Learning
    LocationZurich
    Learn the concepts of data analytics (Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning, Experimental Design, ...) and build solutions using technologies such as R and Python.
    DepositUpon enrollment, you are required to pay a non-refundable CHF 3,500 deposit to reserve your seat in the program. You will have 5 days after signing the enrollment agreement to then pay your deposit.
    Tuition PlansThe remaining balance is due by the end of the second week of the program.
    Prep WorkMust be completed before class start - takes 25 - 40 hours on average to complete.
  • Full-Stack Web Development

LocationZurich
    Students will learn how to build web-based applications (client-side, database, programming with JavasScript and Python, and deployment).
  • Michał  User Photo
    Michał • Software engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Propulsion Academy boot camps opens new possibilities for the people that are looking for a change in their lives. From the prep-work through the classes, the program is very carefully structured. Lectures are provided by developers with many years of experience, who are able to answer all of your questions. During the whole program, you are supported by teaching assistants helping you understand new materials and resolve challenges. They also do not forget about maintaining a good atmosphere and integration within the group. For me, Propulsion Academy was the hope of finding my place on the Swiss job market. They not only taught me how to code but they also helped me believe in myself.

• Flurin Conradin  User Photo
    Flurin Conradin • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Given my limited background with programming, I didn’t think it would be possible for such a program to take me to a junior full-stack developer level. I did my due diligence and looked at other options. I finally chose Propulsion because the interaction with the staff had been the most professional (very quick responses to emails, well-structured personal technical interviews to be accepted into the program). Additionally, the curriculum seemed to be the most advanced, focusing on languages and frameworks that are needed for modern software development. And I wasn't disappointed: the journey had been demanding, but the TAs were very supportive and even came in on weekends to make sure we got the most out of the program. Upon completion, I sent out about ten applications and was invited to six interviews within one month. Needless to say, I got what I wanted out of the program and can definitely say that Propulsion has given me a very solid basis to build upon.

• Michal Burgunder  User Photo
    Michal Burgunder • Backend Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

After graduating from university, I found myself in a role that was not technical enough to stimulate my intellectual curiosity nor could ensure a long-term future. Software development was definitely the way to go, but how would I get there? Except for the many resources online that taught you the specifics of virtually any tool, but no all-encompassing overview of the whole field of software engineering, I was on my own. The Full-Stack program not only taught you to think like a software engineer, but also gave you career-related resources beyond the education: professional connections, mentoring, CV editing, and ample opportunities to prove yourself to the public. Propulsion Academy's no-nonsense approach to teaching modern technologies was a perfect and it was not long before I found a job as a Software Engineer!

• Evgeniya Tokareva  User Photo
    Evgeniya Tokareva • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

After 2 year-long career break, I finally decided to switch from Process Engineering to Software Development. I did some online courses during this time, but always felt it was not enough to land a job. Propulsion Academy became a place for me to grow into a developer. The well-thought-out roadmap and time efficiency of the program made me confident to pick up any framework or web-technology and make it work. I did not only acquire the most in-demand skills in the industry but also felt very welcome in a warm and inviting culture and had valuable career support after I was done as a student. The program finished with a happy ending as I was hired by one of the instructors as a Full-Stack Developer. Challenging, motivating, just great!

• Lukas  User Photo
    Lukas • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Propulsion Academy has been a great experience and helped me approach the career that I’ve been heading for. In addition to my recent Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering at ETH Zürich, this coding bootcamp made the difference and opened new opportunities. The course focuses on very relevant topics and skills with the goal to make the candidates attractive for employers in the field of software development. With a set curriculum and competent supervision, an environment for fast and high quality learning is provided. On top of all, the Propulsion Academy team puts emphasis on networking opportunities and guide the students in the process of figuring out the next step in their career.

The curriculum was very good but still had room for improvement here and there. The instructors' quality vary but is generally very good. The founder of Propulsion Academy is behind this project with all his heart and puts a lot of individual attention and consultation to each student during the course. Thanks to the bootcamp I landed a software engineering position and I would've never passed the interview without Propulsion Academy. I also feel like I had a kickstart on my new job, thanks to the very relevant curriculum. I also enjoyed the nostalgia from the classroom experience and bonding with very interesting people that do the course too.

• Ria • Data Scientist • Graduate
    First of all, a big thank you to the whole Propulsion Academy team, as they made me better every day. Coming from another working area, I even found a data science job during the time of the bootcamp!!

It's a perfect program for data science starters, as students practice all different kinds of data science activities - from data cleaning and statistical analysis to deep learning.
    Although pre-work and the first few days are about getting everyone to the same starting coding level, I would recommend basic coding knowledge (Python), even if its applications dates a bit or it is only acquired by attending some free Internet courses.
    Bootcamp summary: understanding theoretical concepts, many hours of hands-on experience, helped by motivated assistants, preparation for technical interviews, having a good time with the class mates.

Contacts remain for a lifetime and I enjoy every time visiting new classes.
  • Totally worth it
    - 3/13/2020
    Pedro • Backend Software Developer • Graduate
    I attended the Full-stack programme at Propulsion from September to end of November 2019. Got a full time job as Software Developer in mid-December. The course is challenging as it is REALLY fast-paced. I had some coding experience before the bootcamp and had a hard time to submit the bonus exercises before midnight each day. I learned a lot though, had a lot of fun and met great people from all sort of backgrounds and nationalities who have become good friends. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t hesitate.
  • Fouad • Data Scientist • Graduate
    I have now been working for 2 different companies in Switzerland as a data scientist over the past 1.5 years and this program played a major role in this. The program itself provides a fantastic curriculum that gives you a whole picture of the data science field. Our mentors helped us throughout the course not only with technical aspects but also encouraged us and gave us rock-solid advice. The mock interviews personally helped me understand what to expect in data science interviews and the career coaches are helpful in preparing students in that regard. The material that we covered was comprehensive and gave a deep understanding of the fundamentals of machine learning and data science in general. Highly knowledgeable, truly dedicated instructors and TAs instructors, with external experts in their own fields that provided crucial added-value with their industry-oriented mindset. Overall, super nice, friendly and patient team, very supportive environment, and the batch of students was filled with motivated learners with a curious mind. Super satisfied with my 12 weeks there, joining the adventure was one of the boldest decision I had taken in recent years, but it was definitely worth it.
  • Anna Wyss • Software Engineer • Graduate

The Full-Stack Development at Propulsion Academy has empowered me to become a passionate and eager programmer making my living from it!

The program is very challenging. Not only because I came to Propulsion with absolutely non-technical background . Also my classmates, some of them with some coding experience, felt challenged every day. Besides the constant challenges, well structured material and great teaching helped us as a class to create an atmosphere of supporting each other and be motivated by each other. I truly believe that it was this atmosphere that made it possible to learn so much in that short amount of time. The hard working was very smartly rewarded by some parties Propulsion organized :) and they invited speakers -graduates or leaders in the job markets – which gave us inspiration.

You get well prepared for the intensity of the program by preparation material that you have to work through even before the official beginning. Already in preparation time, I was amazed by the constant support from the school and the highly skilled teachers. During the program, even if the paste was very fast, the teachers always found a way to help us with individual questions. Towards the end, the school supported us with their network to integrate in the job market.

Learning to code in this short period of time is possible -when you work hard. I am thankful that this is the mindset we were prepared with from day one. Propulsion Academy helped me developing the mindset, having an incomparable learning experience and find a job as a software developer in a really cool company.

• Adrian • Graduate
    I really appreciated Propulsions ability to simultaneously prepare me for a transition to a programming job while connecting me with relevant industry contacts in Switzerland, not an easy thing to do here.
  • Oana Serban • Data Scientist • Graduate
    Earlier this year I decided to treat the little grey cells to a data science bootcamp in Propulsion Academy Zürich. What a wonderful experience that was!

My main objective was to practice machine learning using Python, however I ended up getting so much more out of this program : well-balanced topics, experienced and passionate instructors, ‘real life’ data to work on (matters so much!), continuous and personalised support, huge networking opportunities.

It was amazing to see how people with such different backgrounds, in different stages of their lives, have something to take from this program to advance their careers. Team leaders, aspiring data scientists, PhDs - we went beyond the hype, did real work with real data, pushed our limits and came to realize once again how important team work is.

I wholeheartedly recommend the Propulsion Academy Data Science bootcamp to anyone interested in gaining or updating skills in this area.
  • Koffi • IT systems Engineer(Software Developer)) • Graduate

Integrating  great schools or courses are not that easy worldwide. Getting the rare ones that makes you feel as part of "something" indescribable is more hard. I was looking for a course to add to all i did already when i got to Switzerland until i got to know Propulsion. The Team as i started with them made me feel confident. i was just not taking a great "full stack developer" course which help me got a job now but as the course was ongoing Propulsion and its team made me feel part of a family and help made Friends that i still have in a country where i knew very few people. This was and still an experience i would love anyone to have.