propulsion-academy-logo

Propulsion Academy

Propulsion Academy

Propulsion Academy offers 12-week full-time bootcamps in full stack software development and data science in Zurich, Switzerland. The software development bootcamp covers JavaScript, Python, Django, React and more, while the data science bootcamp covers R, Python, Machine Learning, and Natural Language Processing. Students will participate in an immersive, practical, and hands-on experience. Propulsion Academy aims to give students the chance to become programmers no matter their stage in life and is focused on democratizing IT education to enhance Switzerland as an important technology hub within Europe. Classes are hosted at Technopark Zürich.

While applicants don't need to have previous programming experience, you must show passion and motivation about becoming a software developer. Expect both a non-technical and a technical interview throughout the application process.

Propulsion Academy's career services team coaches students and aims to match graduates with potential employers. Propulsion Academy graduates have been hired by companies like Ebay, Swisscom, Elca, OneDot, SwissQuant, and more.

Recent Propulsion Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (30) reviews for Propulsion Academy →

Recent Propulsion Academy News

Data Science, Git, R, Python, SQL, Machine Learning, Algorithms
    Zurich
    Learn the concepts of data analytics (Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning, Experimental Design, ...) and build solutions using technologies such as R and Python.
    Upon enrollment, you are required to pay a non-refundable CHF 3,500 deposit to reserve your seat in the program. You will have 5 days after signing the enrollment agreement to then pay your deposit.
    The remaining balance is due by the end of the second week of the program.
    Must be completed before class start - takes 25 - 40 hours on average to complete.
    Interview
  • Full-Stack Web Development

Zurich
    Students will learn how to build web-based applications (client-side, database, programming with JavasScript and Python, and deployment).
    The remaining balance is due by the end of the second week of the program.
    Interview

• Fantastic course!
    - 4/16/2019
    Constance SL  User Photo
    Constance SL • Postdoctoral researcher • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The Data Science program is fantastic, supported by a competent, friendly, and helpful team. The approach is very ‘hands-on’ and problem oriented, letting you dive right in. But no need to worry: you are supported at every step of the way by the instructors and the teaching assistant. Thanks to Propulsion Academy, I have had the opportunity to develop a research project I really like and get funding from the Swiss National Science Foundation. More importantly, it has given me the knowledge and confidence to move towards a field of work I had always been interested in but never dared approach before. Registering for this course is the best professional decision I ever took!

- 4/12/2019
    Tobias  User Photo
    Tobias • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Great program! Propulsion Academy gave me the chance to get a kick-start into programming. The course was challenging and rewarding. Instructors and staff were highly motivated and very patient with us. We had a great class and lots of fun. In the breaks we played often ping-pong and had generally many social events together. It was a great experience and absolutely worth it!

• Michal  User Photo
    Michal • AI engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Having background in life sciences and a limited programming experience, I was not sure what to expect before starting the Data Science bootcamp. Quite early in the course, however, it became apparent where it all is going: the participants are exposed to the multitude of topics comprising this field and get a taste of most of them by solving provided assignments. With a constant flow of new information, it never gets boring - on the contrary, carefully selected teachers with their various backgrounds strive every day to satisfy our never-ceasing appetite for knowledge. The challenging capstone project with the final presentation was a perfect cherry on the cake. Overall, an invaluable and definitely life-changing experience.

• Michał  User Photo
    Michał • Software engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Propulsion Academy boot camps opens new possibilities for the people that are looking for a change in their lives. From the prep-work through the classes, the program is very carefully structured. Lectures are provided by developers with many years of experience, who are able to answer all of your questions. During the whole program, you are supported by teaching assistants helping you understand new materials and resolve challenges. They also do not forget about maintaining a good atmosphere and integration within the group. For me, Propulsion Academy was the hope of finding my place on the Swiss job market. They not only taught me how to code but they also helped me believe in myself.

• Flurin Conradin  User Photo
    Flurin Conradin • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Given my limited background with programming, I didn’t think it would be possible for such a program to take me to a junior full-stack developer level. I did my due diligence and looked at other options. I finally chose Propulsion because the interaction with the staff had been the most professional (very quick responses to emails, well-structured personal technical interviews to be accepted into the program). Additionally, the curriculum seemed to be the most advanced, focusing on languages and frameworks that are needed for modern software development. And I wasn't disappointed: the journey had been demanding, but the TAs were very supportive and even came in on weekends to make sure we got the most out of the program. Upon completion, I sent out about ten applications and was invited to six interviews within one month. Needless to say, I got what I wanted out of the program and can definitely say that Propulsion has given me a very solid basis to build upon.

• Michal Burgunder  User Photo
    Michal Burgunder • Backend Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

After graduating from university, I found myself in a role that was not technical enough to stimulate my intellectual curiosity nor could ensure a long-term future. Software development was definitely the way to go, but how would I get there? Except for the many resources online that taught you the specifics of virtually any tool, but no all-encompassing overview of the whole field of software engineering, I was on my own. The Full-Stack program not only taught you to think like a software engineer, but also gave you career-related resources beyond the education: professional connections, mentoring, CV editing, and ample opportunities to prove yourself to the public. Propulsion Academy's no-nonsense approach to teaching modern technologies was a perfect and it was not long before I found a job as a Software Engineer!

• Evgeniya Tokareva  User Photo
    Evgeniya Tokareva • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

After 2 year-long career break, I finally decided to switch from Process Engineering to Software Development. I did some online courses during this time, but always felt it was not enough to land a job. Propulsion Academy became a place for me to grow into a developer. The well-thought-out roadmap and time efficiency of the program made me confident to pick up any framework or web-technology and make it work. I did not only acquire the most in-demand skills in the industry but also felt very welcome in a warm and inviting culture and had valuable career support after I was done as a student. The program finished with a happy ending as I was hired by one of the instructors as a Full-Stack Developer. Challenging, motivating, just great!

• Lukas  User Photo
    Lukas • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Propulsion Academy has been a great experience and helped me approach the career that I’ve been heading for. In addition to my recent Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering at ETH Zürich, this coding bootcamp made the difference and opened new opportunities. The course focuses on very relevant topics and skills with the goal to make the candidates attractive for employers in the field of software development. With a set curriculum and competent supervision, an environment for fast and high quality learning is provided. On top of all, the Propulsion Academy team puts emphasis on networking opportunities and guide the students in the process of figuring out the next step in their career.

The curriculum was very good but still had room for improvement here and there. The instructors' quality vary but is generally very good. The founder of Propulsion Academy is behind this project with all his heart and puts a lot of individual attention and consultation to each student during the course. Thanks to the bootcamp I landed a software engineering position and I would've never passed the interview without Propulsion Academy. I also feel like I had a kickstart on my new job, thanks to the very relevant curriculum. I also enjoyed the nostalgia from the classroom experience and bonding with very interesting people that do the course too.

- 4/24/2019
    Jean Coupon • Data Scientist • Graduate

Highly recommended if you need to make the connection between your past experience and a career in Data Science. Perfect for learning the fundamental concepts and tools of data science. For me, it was also a way to accelerate the development of a network of professionals who helped me find a job and with whom I am still in contact. Finally, what I particularly appreciated and which makes a big difference for me compared to other programs is the attention the Propulsion team paid to the students, during the training but also afterwards, when there is a crucial need for support to find a job

• Great experience!
    - 4/11/2019
    Luca • Student

Honestly I'm not sure where to begin, as I have so many great things to say about Propulsion Academy. Not only did they create a fun filled environment full of coding, they went above and beyond throughout the entire process.

I can honestly say that attending the bootcamp was one of the best decisions I have made. Prior to matriculation, I had no coding experience, as did a few other students, but by the end of the semester, especially after completing my Final Project, I felt as if had accumulated a wealth of programming tools and technologies in an astonishingly short period of time.

The instructors will always happily and promptly entertain questions on anything - be it on Python, hashing, Javascript array methods, and, of course, job searching. You will have good fortune searching for jobs if you do!

• Samuel • Data Scientist • Graduate

Recommended.

An ideal mix of theory and hands-on work, with lecturers and instructors with impressive backgrounds in both academia and industry.

The course is perfect for motivated self-starters who want to delve into the intricacies of data science, getting hands-on ASAP.

Furthermore, the network developed during the 3 months among the students, the lecturers and the faculty proved to be extremely valuable when it came to looking for new roles in the industry as well as further broadening one's data science knowledge base.

- 3/26/2019
    Sophia • Frontend Developer • Graduate

I learned all of the relevant skills for the current job market and was hired immediately after completion as a Frontend Web Developer at the coolest web agency in Zurich.

• Linda • Data Scientist • Graduate

The Data Science program has been a great way to deepen my skills in this field and, thanks also to the final project, to practice what I learned on real messy data.

The instructors had amazing backgrounds in academia and/or in big and famous companies such as Google and LinkedIn.They were always able to stimulate my interest and to answer my questions.

I also really appreciated the Propulsion staff: available, friendly, and great mentors!

In conclusion, my experience with this bootcamp has been truly formative and enjoyable: I would definitely recommend this course to motivated and interested students.

• Enrico • Data Scientist • Student

I would strongly recommend the Data Science course offered by Propulsion Academy. The course is very valuable, well-structured and it allows you to gain practical experiences in different areas of Data Science. The instructors are truly competent and their guidance allows you to rapidly and efficiently move through your first steps in the wide and complex domain of Data Science. The final capstone project further provides students with a unique opportunity to demonstrate their developed skills towards potential employers. The school’s high reputation and its growing professional network are also critical factors for a successful career development after the course. I particularly enjoyed developing my own project from complex company data. It was a challenging experience, highly rewarding given the results obtained and greatly motivating for my future career in Data Science.

Satrajit • Data Scientist • Student

The data science program was a great way to understand and acquire the latest in-demand skills. I was looking to transition from academia to industry, and thanks to the program, I did just that. The format of the course makes you get your hands dirty which is essential to learning the key concepts. The fellow participants, with their varied backgrounds, also adds to the richness of the program. For the final presentations, we learned not only how to develop the product, but also to pitch it. Perhaps the most rewarding of all was being able to work on real data from a company in the Propulsion network and seeing the results implemented. Many thanks to the Propulsion Team!!

Clemente Cortile • Data Scientist • Graduate
    Data Science Immersive Bootcamp. Simply the best, and most effective training I've ever had. It's intense and demanding, but it's worth it. Your efforts will return to you ten times over. Half of the course it's actual work. By the end of it I was I impressed with how much my coding, modeling and analytic skills had improved, and I felt enriched by all the new tools I acquired. Bringing this experience to the job market I was able to tackle and solve business problems by designing AI algorithms. And working dataset through a data science pipeline had become second nature. There are also many jobs opportunities in the field as it's still relatively new and growing. If Better hop in now.
    Dimitris Mousadakos • Graduate

I started the Data Science immersive program in the summer (2018) in view to move from Physics to Data Science. From the first day we were thrown hands-on real problems to solve. This looked a very difficult task in the beginning. After some days, under propulsion's guidance, my troubleshooting skills have increased substantially and from that point an on I could work and advance mostly by relying on my own. Moreover, dealing with real data science cases kept my attention very high throughout the whole program. The instructors had amazing backgrounds in academia and/or in big and famous companies such as Google and LinkedIn. Regarding the project phase, the most rewarding of all was being able to work on real data from a company in the Propulsion network and seeing the results implemented. The exposure in the Propulsion's network eventually helped many of us in getting a job or internship right after finishing the program. I would highly recommend this immersive program to anyone that looks forward to change career path to Data Science or sharpen his skills in the field.

• Review
    Adrian Gross • Professional Software Engineer • Graduate

Propulsion Academy helped me to gain the necessary skills to make a successful start in the world of software development. They also showed me how to design a portfolio that would be appealing to modern companies. With great patience and effort, they supported every member of my class till they found the answer to the problem that they were looking for.

• Ilya Savchenko • Junior web developer • Graduate

I have finished a Full-Stack Web Development course at Propulsion academy in May 2018. If I had to describe my experience with just one sentence, I would say it was on of the best periods of my life. Great people, amazing atmosphere, results-oriented approach. I have enjoyed every single day of those three months. It was a big change for me, I was coming from Academy and had very little coding experience beforehand. This bootcamp literally changed my life.

The curriculum is up-to-date and is always challenging you in a good way, so that you learn something new every day but it's not so hard that you can't make it. The teachers were great, and teaching assistants were always there for us, staying till late evenings and coming over the weekends.

The course is moving with a fast pace, so if you are a kinf of person who likes to always dig deep and needs a lot of time to grasp new concepts, then it might be not the best option for you. It's a bootcamp, you have only three months, and at Propulsion academy they make a professional from you within this short time.

After graduation there was no moment during my interviews when I felt unprepared or unsure about my coding abilities. Of course I had to make a little search of popular interview questions. But my knowledge and experience after the bootcamp were pretty solid and there was always an equal discussion between me and the interviewer.

I can definitely recommend Propulsion academy to any person who is willing to learn how to code and enter the world of web development.

• Sebastian • Student

I completed the Data Science bootcamp, a three month intensive course which topic ranges from basic coding to more advanced machine learning methods. Coming from a different field and wanting to change my career path, Propulsion proved to be an important stepping stone in reaching my goal. I currently work in the field of data and Propulsion has alot to do with this! The instructors are very knowledgable and open, with most working at the forefront of Data Science, for example for companies like Google. The atmosphere in the bootcamp is very family like, with regular social events with the other bootcamps as well as data scientists working in the field. I would highly recommend anyone looking for an exciting and inspiring 3 months!

• Ueli Kiefer • Technology Advisor • Graduate

I have attended the Data-Science Bootcamp while still being employed as Technology Advisor by my Company. There are three reasons why I give this school all 5 stars:

1. Nowhere else in Switzerland you will get as much detailed insight and practice into Data-Science in that duration! After the Bootcamp you will have a clear picture about what is just buzz behind Data-Science and what is applicable, practicable and moneytiseable Data-Science.

2. You won't find any other institution in Switzerland with that level of up-to-date Data-Science (and Full-Stack) which will take you in and welcome you, regardless of your certifcates and previous education! Sure, you will need to pass the interviews, show them that you have the necessary intrinsic motivation and the skill-set, but it's more about who you are and what you can do rather than just your paper-based degrees.

3. I cannot think of any other institution which is so determined to get you a job or at least an internship in one of their acquainted - all CH-based companies. If you want to make something out of these programs, you will! If you want to get connected to people allready working with google, ebay, tamedia, SIX, UPC or tech-startups, you will!

Summing it up, totally worth the money if you are determined to do something with it.

If you expect that everything is handed to you veeeeeery slooooowly, ten times pre-digested and neatly prepared on a silver plate you may want to look for other ways to broaden your knowledge - it will for sure take you longer, cost you most likely more and but you at max in the same spot as after 12 intense weeks Bootcamp with a glowing brain, little sleep, aching fingers and a bunch of pretty cool people :-)

• Daniele Roncaglioni • Graduate

The Propulsion team was super nice and always available. I had tons of fun and learned so much in what probably have been some of the most memorable 12 weeks of my live. I really loved their no-nonsense goal oriented approach. The one goal of the founder is to help you get a job, and all the instructors goal is to get you ready for that. In 12 weeks you learn more than what you believe is possible and once you have risen to the challenge, you just realize how well-chosen the curriculum is. It fits the industries needs and gets you as close as possible to being a well-rounded developer in that time frame. 10/10 would recommend.

• Ian Stump • Student

The title says it all, I did a career change, coming from a Finance background, and after 3 months, my knowledge as a Software Developer became solid and ready for a job.

If I could go back in time, I would do the same course again and again.

• Lucas Cotta • Co Founder at W3lcome • Graduate

One of the most rewarding experiences I have ever been through. Propulsion Academy helped me not only learn the practical skills needed for a career in Data Science but also how to apply the knowledge. Making meaning out data. Their curriculum is one of the most comprehensive in the industry.

• Hoxhaj Laurent • Graduate

Before joining the Full-Stack program, I had done lots of research about how a bootcamp experience should be: engaging, intensive, challenging, and rewarding. My time at Propulsion was exactly what I had signed up for! Of course, everything around the course was great, but what I particularly enjoyed was how accessible the staff was. Their door was always open to me and the environment they created in and around the bootcamp made me feel that I was part of a family, something that will last a lifetime!