propulsion-academy-logo

Propulsion Academy

Zurich

Propulsion Academy

Propulsion Academy offers 12-week full-time bootcamps in full stack software development and data science in Zurich, Switzerland. The Full Stack Software Development program covers JavaScript, React.js, Docker, Python, Django, and more. The Data Science bootcamp covers R, Python, Machine Learning, natural language processing, and deep learning. Students participate in immersive, practical, and hands-on experience. Propulsion Academy aims to give students the chance to become programmers no matter their stage in life and is focused on democratizing IT education to enhance Switzerland as an important technology hub within Europe. Classes are hosted at Technopark Zürich.

Many Full Stack Development participants are beginners with some or no prior coding experience, while the Data Science students may have picked up basic programming in academia or while working within the industry. Expect both a non-technical and a technical interview throughout the application process.

Propulsion Academy's career services team coaches students and aims to match graduates with potential employers. Propulsion Academy graduates have been hired by companies like eBay, Novartis, Swiss International Airlines, AvaWomen, Swisscom as well as startups in Switzerland.

Recent Propulsion Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (42) reviews for Propulsion Academy →

Recent Propulsion Academy News

• Data Science

Data Science, Git, R, Python, SQL, Machine Learning, Algorithms
    LocationZurich
    Learn the concepts of data analytics (Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning, Experimental Design, ...) and build solutions using technologies such as R and Python.
    DepositUpon enrollment, you are required to pay a non-refundable CHF 3,500 deposit to reserve your seat in the program. You will have 5 days after signing the enrollment agreement to then pay your deposit.
    Tuition PlansThe remaining balance is due by the end of the second week of the program.
    Prep WorkMust be completed before class start - takes 25 - 40 hours on average to complete.
  • Full-Stack Web Development

LocationZurich
    Students will learn how to build web-based applications (client-side, database, programming with JavasScript and Python, and deployment).

• Tatiana  User Photo
    Tatiana • Software Development Intern • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The motto of Propulsion Academy is "Everybody can learn to code". And that's definitely true! I had NO prior coding experience before I enrolled in full-stack development programme. Moreover - I came with absolutely non-technical background (I have MA in linguistics and literature). But after 3 months of intensive studies and hundreds hours of hard work I was able to create my first working web-applications. And today I am a software development intern at a very cool company.

The programme of bootcamp is very well-structured and is very practical-oriented: every day after half-a-day lectures you code for minimum 4-5 hours. Sometimes the amount of new infromation is overwhelming, but teachers and teaching assistants are great - very friendly, helpful and competent. One of the most valuable things - the programme covers many hot technologies (e.g. Docker or React). I also liked the international atmosphere of the bootcamp and I found there a lot of like-minded people.

The Propulsion Team takes care about every student and helps a lot in application process (networking, CV review, mock interviews , etc.)

I am very happy that I graduated from this bootcamp - this changed my career as well as my life ;)

• Adrian Noetzli  User Photo
    Adrian Noetzli • Data Scientist and Application Specialist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

The Data Science Intensive program at Propulsion Academy was on point. Every day was an opportunity to learn new skills and get our hands dirty with coding. The lecturers were extremely knowledgable and came from a variety of backgrounds - from biostatisticians to applied mathematicians and physicists. In terms of content, there was so much coverage that it felt overwhelming and really pushed me to my limits. I was so glad to push through it, and I was rewarded with a new career for a start-up which I absolutely love. There was nothing like this available in Australia - short and to the point - and it was worth it to travel all the way to Switzerland to do this course. Doing an 18 month Masters course was out of the question due to the cost and amount of time I'd be out of the work force, whilst trying to support a family. I'm so thankful that I got accepted into the course. It really changed my life for the better.

• Ekaterina Butyugina  User Photo
    Ekaterina Butyugina • Teaching Assistant • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I was looking for a job in Zürich for some time after career break, trying to find something close to Science since I finished Ph.D. in tech field. After thorough consideration of different ways to join Swiss job market I chose Propulsion Academy Bootcamp (Data Science Program) to achieve my goal as fast as possible and this was the right decision.

There was a lot of work, the pace is quite intense: in one day we learned one important topic for the field. Starting from basics (programming languages, tools, data preparation) to really advanced (neural networks, deep learning, TensorFlow, NLP). So after finishing the course we knew all the buzzwords and knew where to look for the solution if we have a problem.

However the curriculum is very well structured, you use the knowledge you got in previous days, teachers are helpful as well as TAs so it is doable.

You learn a lot, but What is also important - opportunity to meet people from the field and potential employers, talk to them. The final projects are also provided mostly by companies and are real-life issues so you can work on something valuable.

Overall, the school has an atmosphere of support and inspiration, which really helps to perform better and to gain your goals.

I met a lot of great people, totally changed my lifestyle and mindset, got a job, and I continue developing myself - that is exactly what I wanted from this Bootcamp.

• Marita Salz  User Photo
    Marita Salz • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

The Propulsion Academy was a real experience. The time was intense, merciless and oh so rewarding!
    The curriculum is tight and focused. The extensive teaching content and the excellent teachers prepare you perfectly for your job search. An exceptional time in every respect, in which besides hard work, fun was not missing and the intercultural understanding of students from all over the world was promoted. A first-class introduction to the world of full-stack development for job seekers of all nationalities.

• Mirko Reichlin  User Photo
    Mirko Reichlin • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

With a background in finance and some experience with code, I applied for this bootcamp last year (2019). From the first email to the last handshake, I was overall very happy with Propulision Academy.

Learning React, Django, Git and Docker from various instructors prepared me well for my current internship at a larger software development agency in Zurich. TypeScript should be added in the future. We had different instructors for different topics, and therefore the quality of the instructors varied on a high level.

Propulsion does help with the job search, but if there is room for improvement, here there could be a more streamlined process.

The team at Propulsion Academy is truly awesome and I would never have imagined such a fun time at a school in Zurich. Thanks again.

• Barry  User Photo
    Barry • Research Fellow @ ETH Library Lab • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Completing the Data Science Bootcamp at Propulsion was both challenging and incredibly rewarding.
    The entire management and teaching staff work hard to create a positive and encouraging environment which allows them to push people far beyond what they thought was achievable in just 3 months. The afternoons of hands-on exercises and challenges which are self-directed and open-ended, allow you to extract as much experience as you possibly can from your time on the course.

An aspect that I particularly liked was the number of different instructors who had years of industry experience. Having their input made you feel sure that you are on the right track and having a variety of teaching styles throughout the course keeps it interesting too.

The learning pace on this course is fast and the workload takes commitment, but by the end you'll have gained a huge number of essential Data Science skills and have the confidence to discuss, present and work on almost any topic in the field. I'm very happy that I completed it and felt well prepared for the job market afterwards.

• Fantastic course!
    - 4/16/2019
    Constance SL  User Photo
    Constance SL • Postdoctoral researcher • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The Data Science program is fantastic, supported by a competent, friendly, and helpful team. The approach is very ‘hands-on’ and problem oriented, letting you dive right in. But no need to worry: you are supported at every step of the way by the instructors and the teaching assistant. Thanks to Propulsion Academy, I have had the opportunity to develop a research project I really like and get funding from the Swiss National Science Foundation. More importantly, it has given me the knowledge and confidence to move towards a field of work I had always been interested in but never dared approach before. Registering for this course is the best professional decision I ever took!

- 4/12/2019
    Tobias  User Photo
    Tobias • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Great program! Propulsion Academy gave me the chance to get a kick-start into programming. The course was challenging and rewarding. Instructors and staff were highly motivated and very patient with us. We had a great class and lots of fun. In the breaks we played often ping-pong and had generally many social events together. It was a great experience and absolutely worth it!

• Michal  User Photo
    Michal • AI engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Having background in life sciences and a limited programming experience, I was not sure what to expect before starting the Data Science bootcamp. Quite early in the course, however, it became apparent where it all is going: the participants are exposed to the multitude of topics comprising this field and get a taste of most of them by solving provided assignments. With a constant flow of new information, it never gets boring - on the contrary, carefully selected teachers with their various backgrounds strive every day to satisfy our never-ceasing appetite for knowledge. The challenging capstone project with the final presentation was a perfect cherry on the cake. Overall, an invaluable and definitely life-changing experience.

• Michał  User Photo
    Michał • Software engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Propulsion Academy boot camps opens new possibilities for the people that are looking for a change in their lives. From the prep-work through the classes, the program is very carefully structured. Lectures are provided by developers with many years of experience, who are able to answer all of your questions. During the whole program, you are supported by teaching assistants helping you understand new materials and resolve challenges. They also do not forget about maintaining a good atmosphere and integration within the group. For me, Propulsion Academy was the hope of finding my place on the Swiss job market. They not only taught me how to code but they also helped me believe in myself.

• Flurin Conradin  User Photo
    Flurin Conradin • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Given my limited background with programming, I didn’t think it would be possible for such a program to take me to a junior full-stack developer level. I did my due diligence and looked at other options. I finally chose Propulsion because the interaction with the staff had been the most professional (very quick responses to emails, well-structured personal technical interviews to be accepted into the program). Additionally, the curriculum seemed to be the most advanced, focusing on languages and frameworks that are needed for modern software development. And I wasn't disappointed: the journey had been demanding, but the TAs were very supportive and even came in on weekends to make sure we got the most out of the program. Upon completion, I sent out about ten applications and was invited to six interviews within one month. Needless to say, I got what I wanted out of the program and can definitely say that Propulsion has given me a very solid basis to build upon.

• Michal Burgunder  User Photo
    Michal Burgunder • Backend Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

After graduating from university, I found myself in a role that was not technical enough to stimulate my intellectual curiosity nor could ensure a long-term future. Software development was definitely the way to go, but how would I get there? Except for the many resources online that taught you the specifics of virtually any tool, but no all-encompassing overview of the whole field of software engineering, I was on my own. The Full-Stack program not only taught you to think like a software engineer, but also gave you career-related resources beyond the education: professional connections, mentoring, CV editing, and ample opportunities to prove yourself to the public. Propulsion Academy's no-nonsense approach to teaching modern technologies was a perfect and it was not long before I found a job as a Software Engineer!

• Evgeniya Tokareva  User Photo
    Evgeniya Tokareva • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

After 2 year-long career break, I finally decided to switch from Process Engineering to Software Development. I did some online courses during this time, but always felt it was not enough to land a job. Propulsion Academy became a place for me to grow into a developer. The well-thought-out roadmap and time efficiency of the program made me confident to pick up any framework or web-technology and make it work. I did not only acquire the most in-demand skills in the industry but also felt very welcome in a warm and inviting culture and had valuable career support after I was done as a student. The program finished with a happy ending as I was hired by one of the instructors as a Full-Stack Developer. Challenging, motivating, just great!

• Lukas  User Photo
    Lukas • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Propulsion Academy has been a great experience and helped me approach the career that I’ve been heading for. In addition to my recent Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering at ETH Zürich, this coding bootcamp made the difference and opened new opportunities. The course focuses on very relevant topics and skills with the goal to make the candidates attractive for employers in the field of software development. With a set curriculum and competent supervision, an environment for fast and high quality learning is provided. On top of all, the Propulsion Academy team puts emphasis on networking opportunities and guide the students in the process of figuring out the next step in their career.

The curriculum was very good but still had room for improvement here and there. The instructors' quality vary but is generally very good. The founder of Propulsion Academy is behind this project with all his heart and puts a lot of individual attention and consultation to each student during the course. Thanks to the bootcamp I landed a software engineering position and I would've never passed the interview without Propulsion Academy. I also feel like I had a kickstart on my new job, thanks to the very relevant curriculum. I also enjoyed the nostalgia from the classroom experience and bonding with very interesting people that do the course too.

• Koffi • IT systems Engineer(Software Developer)) • Graduate

Integrating  great schools or courses are not that easy worldwide. Getting the rare ones that makes you feel as part of "something" indescribable is more hard. I was looking for a course to add to all i did already when i got to Switzerland until i got to know Propulsion. The Team as i started with them made me feel confident. i was just not taking a great "full stack developer" course which help me got a job now but as the course was ongoing Propulsion and its team made me feel part of a family and help made Friends that i still have in a country where i knew very few people. This was and still an experience i would love anyone to have.

• Data Science
    - 1/15/2020
    Fabio Lutz • Quantitative Analyst • Graduate

Intensive, but worth every minute! After 12 weeks of intensive work, a student leaves with experience in all fields of data science (web-scraping, machine learning, NLP or deep learning). This is ideal for starting a career in data science or related fields. For me, these 12 months were among the most interessting and informative weeks in my life! No rating in regards to job assistance since I continued working as a Quantitative Analyst at the same employer.

• data science
    - 1/14/2020
    ollol88 • Graduate

project-based, immersive bootcamp in data science. Really satisfied of the quality of the course. Curriculum very well designed. Competent instructors. Great alumni network. Interesting talks from external speakers. Loved the deep learning module. Higly reccomended.

• Julia • Data Scientist • Graduate

I participated in the data science bootcamp at Propulsion Academy and it was overall an amazing experience! The program was very well organized, the content at a good level and the pace was perfect. It was very challenging, but at the same time rewarding and it is just amazing how much you can learn in such a limited amount of time. The instructors were coming from different areas of expertise and all are very knowledgeable and helpful. Also the career advice was great and with their network, they help you to get the jobs you want. Last but not least, we had a lot of fun and I met many great, ambitious and inspiring people. I can definitively recommend this bootcamp to anyone who wants to switch career and get a job as a data scientist in Switzerland!

• Michèle Vollenweider • Data Analyst • Graduate

I decided to do a Data Science course at Propulsion Academy because I wanted to broaden my knowledge in this area. One of my big objectives was to get an overview on what is out there and to learn Python better. I definitely achieved these goals with Propulsion Academy and at the same time I really enjoyed taking classes there. The Data Science course is well built and structured and the teachers can and do help a lot when trying to figure things out. I have to admit that it was quite tough at times but it defnitely paid off. What is also great that during and in the end of the course Propulsion Academy helps you to find a job. They go through your CV with you very meticulously and take their time for everyone individually. From my batch almost everyone got a job after a month or two. I can definitely recommend Propulsion Academy for anyone who wants to take a career change or just broaden the knowledge in Data Science.

- 4/24/2019
    Jean Coupon • Data Scientist • Graduate

Highly recommended if you need to make the connection between your past experience and a career in Data Science. Perfect for learning the fundamental concepts and tools of data science. For me, it was also a way to accelerate the development of a network of professionals who helped me find a job and with whom I am still in contact. Finally, what I particularly appreciated and which makes a big difference for me compared to other programs is the attention the Propulsion team paid to the students, during the training but also afterwards, when there is a crucial need for support to find a job

• Great experience!
    - 4/11/2019
    Luca • Student

Honestly I'm not sure where to begin, as I have so many great things to say about Propulsion Academy. Not only did they create a fun filled environment full of coding, they went above and beyond throughout the entire process.

I can honestly say that attending the bootcamp was one of the best decisions I have made. Prior to matriculation, I had no coding experience, as did a few other students, but by the end of the semester, especially after completing my Final Project, I felt as if had accumulated a wealth of programming tools and technologies in an astonishingly short period of time.

The instructors will always happily and promptly entertain questions on anything - be it on Python, hashing, Javascript array methods, and, of course, job searching. You will have good fortune searching for jobs if you do!

• Samuel • Data Scientist • Graduate

Recommended.

An ideal mix of theory and hands-on work, with lecturers and instructors with impressive backgrounds in both academia and industry.

The course is perfect for motivated self-starters who want to delve into the intricacies of data science, getting hands-on ASAP.

Furthermore, the network developed during the 3 months among the students, the lecturers and the faculty proved to be extremely valuable when it came to looking for new roles in the industry as well as further broadening one's data science knowledge base.

- 3/26/2019
    Sophia • Frontend Developer • Graduate

I learned all of the relevant skills for the current job market and was hired immediately after completion as a Frontend Web Developer at the coolest web agency in Zurich.

• Linda • Data Scientist • Graduate

The Data Science program has been a great way to deepen my skills in this field and, thanks also to the final project, to practice what I learned on real messy data.

The instructors had amazing backgrounds in academia and/or in big and famous companies such as Google and LinkedIn.They were always able to stimulate my interest and to answer my questions.

I also really appreciated the Propulsion staff: available, friendly, and great mentors!

In conclusion, my experience with this bootcamp has been truly formative and enjoyable: I would definitely recommend this course to motivated and interested students.

• Enrico • Data Scientist • Student

I would strongly recommend the Data Science course offered by Propulsion Academy. The course is very valuable, well-structured and it allows you to gain practical experiences in different areas of Data Science. The instructors are truly competent and their guidance allows you to rapidly and efficiently move through your first steps in the wide and complex domain of Data Science. The final capstone project further provides students with a unique opportunity to demonstrate their developed skills towards potential employers. The school’s high reputation and its growing professional network are also critical factors for a successful career development after the course. I particularly enjoyed developing my own project from complex company data. It was a challenging experience, highly rewarding given the results obtained and greatly motivating for my future career in Data Science.