Codecool does not require any prior knowledge in programming, math, or physics. Applicants should think logically, and have the passion and desire to acquire knowledge. To enroll, applicants take a short survey, pass an English test and logic test, and then interview with the Codecool team. Courses are taught in English and in local languages as well.
By the end of the training, students will be confident in applying knowledge for any junior programmer position. With job search help and career services, Codecool helps students build electronic profiles to show future employers exactly what skills they have and what projects they worked on. Codecool is also constantly expanding its corporate partner network to provide the best placements for students.
Recent Codecool Reviews: Rating 4.54
Recent Codecool News
OnlineFull Time40 Hours/week20 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost €2,460 Class size 20 Location OnlineAs a front end developer, you may end up working on a web based application visited by thousands or even millions of people looking for important information, doing their groceries or just having fun. Or you’ll be designing an accessible app making life easier for a person with a disability. Or creating innovative tools for the next crowd-sourcing platform. The possibilities are endless. By the end of the course you will be able to develop an application by yourself. You need zero tech background or special skills to become a front end developer. We will start from the basics and get you to a new career in months. Our mentors will guide you through this life-changing journey. You just need to be over 18, speak good English (level B2 or above), play a cool online logic game and pass an interview to start with us. Plus, you should have perseverance and curiosity.
Minimum Skill Level You don't need any previous knowledge to start our courses. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
In PersonFull Time25 Hours/week52 Weeks
Deposit none Financingpost payment and 0% loan available Refund / Guarantee 2-5000 EUR If you or us can not find a job for you. (Depending on the campus you go to)
Minimum Skill Level Intermediate level of English Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
In PersonPart Time16 Hours/week52 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost €5,000 Class size N/A Location Online, Kraków, Warsaw, BudapestAs a developer, you may end up working on some next generation technology building a breakthrough treatment of a major disease. Or designing an accessible app making life easier for a person with a disability. Or creating innovative tools for the next crowd-sourcing platform. The possibilities are endless. The IT industry is growing and will continue to grow in the next 10 years. Remote work is on the rise and seems to be a fully viable option for the future. Overseas companies already opening up their positions globally. There’s likely a job waiting for you wherever you want to live as a developer. You need zero tech background or special skills to do this. We will teach you from the basics and get you to a new career in an intensive 1 year. You just need to be over 18, speak good English (level B2 or above) and pass some basic online tests and an interview to start with us. Plus, you should have perseverance and curiosity.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Payment in installments is possible. Refund / Guarantee For our students who reach a minimum quiality and would need Codecool's help in lending a job, we offer a job guarantee and a refund.
Minimum Skill Level Intermediate level of English Prep Work none Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
14 reviews sorted by:
- A very bad experience- 3/3/2021Anonymous • Student • Campus: BucharestMain issue: a lot of promises and no results.
First of all, the price is really high. It's 10k Euro, payable after getting a job.
Now, for what do you pay 10k.
1. For a curricula that is ripped off the internet. Most of the guidelines are not written by them, but rather links from the internet
2. Some reviews, that quite frankly, do not worth anything.
3. Access to mentors, but they are overwhelmed. Some of them are good programmers and one of them a really great programmer. Unfortunately, they can not do much since they get overwhelmed by the large number of students.
4. The general manager or whatever is called, keeps interfering with the students / mentors and the whole path of the school, by sometimes publicly addressing weird phrases towards students.
5. They lack the jobs they promised. There are students that finished the school few months ago, that are offered shitty jobs that are not even close to what was promised.
6. Once they receive bad feedback, they start to aproach students that are in school, and ask them to write positive feedback.
7. Some students are having a bad behaviour related to other students. Aparently Codecool says soft-skills mean a lot, but they can not solve some issue regarding some of the students.
8. Most of the times the staff over-reacts at simple things that are normal in the life of a person. Such as, maybe at some point you are a bit late. We all know it is important to be right on schedule, but let us not over-react to all the corporate ideas out there.
Sometimes they give the impression of lacking anything professional. with few exceptions from mentors and few exceptions from staff. Other than that, most of the times it is like they do not know what they are doing and the general manager or whatever the role is called, tends to get some personal vendetas about students that maybe talk a bit too much or ask detailed question.
I do not recomend this school, as it is almost totally unprofessional, does not keep the promises and acts almost like a traditional school.
Response From: Adina Caciulatu of CodecoolTitle: Marketing ManagerMonday, Apr 12 2021Hi! Thank you for such a detailed review. We try to take the best out of each experience with our students, learn and improve.
We are sorry that overall you didn't have a pleasant experience in Codecool. Here is some more detailed information on the questions you raised.
Our price range of 5000 euro (no extra VAT added) is the cost for 12 month (1500 hours) study period with training on both hard and soft skills, the job guarantee promise, the deferred payment option even in instalments, for the whole accredited program. Of course, you get a 3-month trial period, free of charge, so both our students and us, Codecool, realise if it's a match.
The study method is called mastery based learning, we focus a very much on practice, on learning how to learn so our train students can preserve the knowledge they started gathering here. Mentor here offer a guideline and we strongly encourage students to search and find solutions individually. We do try to highlight this as much and as clear as possible to avoid creating false expectations for people joining Codecool. Also, there shouldn't be more than 15 students to a mentor and we constantly research for mentors as the student number is growing.
Transparency is one of our core values, so we do act accordingly. From time to time, we do have student encounters in which we address various topics, according to their interest.
Altogether the goal is to convert the students into future IT specialists (jr. full stack developers) which involves the job guarantee part. This is why our approach is based on practical projects, team-work and soft skills. In terms of post-graduation opportunities, we constantly enlarge our partner network so the students that actually graduated get the job. So far, our success rate is 98%.
- Really good course- 11/7/2018Anonymous • Software engineer • Graduate • Campus: Kraków