Codecool does not require any prior knowledge in programming, math, or physics. Applicants should think logically, and have the passion and desire to acquire knowledge. To enroll, applicants take a short survey, pass an English test and logic test, and then interview with the Codecool team. Courses are taught in English and in local languages as well.
By the end of the training, students will be confident in applying knowledge for any junior programmer position. With job search help and career services, Codecool helps students build electronic profiles to show future employers exactly what skills they have and what projects they worked on. Codecool is also constantly expanding its corporate partner network to provide the best placements for students.
Recent Codecool Reviews: Rating 5.0
Recent Codecool News
In PersonFull Time25 Hours/week52 Weeks
- Start Date
- Rolling Start Date
- Class size
- Miskolc, Kraków, Warsaw, Budapest
- post payment and 0% loan available
- Refund / Guarantee
- 2-5000 EUR If you or us can not find a job for you. (Depending on the campus you go to)
- Minimum Skill Level
- english skills
- Placement Test
In PersonPart Time16 Hours/week52 Weeks
Be a full-stack developer in 1 year, study during the weekends (around 60% of your weekends for one year, plus weekly 5-8 hours of extra learning required).
- Start Date
- Rolling Start Date
- Class size
- Kraków, Warsaw, Budapest
- Tuition Plans
- Payment in installments is possible.
- Refund / Guarantee
- For our students who reach a minimum quiality and would need Codecool's help in lending a job, we offer a job guarantee and a refund.
- Minimum Skill Level
- Prep Work
- Placement Test
10 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Great School- 9/19/2019Kovács Benjamin • Graduate • Course: Full-stack developer course • Campus: Budapest • Verified via GitHub
I used to go to Eötvös Lóránd University Computer Science division for 3 semesters before CodeCool. What I learned there during that time was taught to me and every other student in the first 3 months in CodeCool. As opposed to university, in CodeCool you are not required to spend your valuable time learning unnecessary, useless information, but only the things you actually need to know for you to become a software developer. You will be forced to work in teams of 2 - 5 people therefore making you improve your softskills such as teamwork, communication, resolving conflicts, etc. You will be introduced to widely spread technologies that almost every company uses, and expects their programmers to know. They have a great curriculum with useful tips, links, amazing explanations and examples that would take you a huge amount of time to gather on your own if you even could. They have several senior programmers there to help you whenever you need it.
If during the first 3 months you decide that this course is not for you, it only costs you 20000 HUF, or about 60 EUR.
You will need to spend about 40 hours per week on studying the material, doing the homework and working on a team project that you will be required to present to both students and teachers at the end of each week. Therefore you WON'T be able to work while doing this course, at least not a full time job anyways. You will have to find a way to finance the full 12 months you spend here.
All you need for this course are:
- Hard Work
- Some logic skills
- Money for 12 months of rent, utilities and food so you can dedicate your time to this course.
Once I finished with the course I was showered with job opportunities within the first week, and I was hired by the end of the second week.
- Life-changing course into IT- 11/24/2018Mark Kovacs • Fullstack Java Developer • Graduate • Course: Full-stack developer course • Campus: Budapest • Verified via LinkedIn
Take one year of your life and gain sufficient knowledge and skill-set to be efficient as a junior software developer. What is most important, you will get tools and experience in how to acquire more knowledge on your own later on, simply through the internet, to further improve yourself if need be. You will also learn how to work on specific projects in teams of 4-5 people, as this is a practice oriented course. You are also provided with the essentials and help from mentors to master theoretical background for the relevant technologies.
If you ever seriously thought of working as a developer but never really dared to start, this is the right place for you. One year of hard work that pays off multifold.
- Nice school- 11/9/2018Dávid Lévai • CEO • Graduate • Course: Full-stack developer course • Campus: Miskolc • Verified via LinkedIn
- Best school in my life!- 11/5/2018Zoltán Németh • Student • Course: Full-stack developer course • Campus: Budapest • Verified via GitHubAll the needed knowledge and skills in a friendly and motivating environment. Thanks to the concept of mastery based learning your progression is flexible and give chance to work in your own pace. Transparency, courage, fun and quality are real core values that you can experience every day.If your financial state worries you it's a perfect choice, because you've got the 1/4 of the time for trying out the school only for 20 000 HUF and if you like the school and fit to the requirements you've got to pay the rest of the fee in 18 months only after you get a job with a guaranteed salary. As far as I know, it's unique among competitors in Hungary.
- Outstanding!- 11/5/2018Daniel Koperecz • Junior Full-stack Developer • Student • Course: Full-stack developer course • Campus: Budapest • Verified via LinkedInCodecool is a fantastic place to start to learn the basics and the intermediate level of programming. During the course, I learnt a lot about different languages like python and java, had to use some of the best tools for application development, and they gave me confidence to share my ideas with a team, or to speak in front of audience. When we are graduated in the school, we are almost immediately started to work for a company with two of my former classmates. Before Codecool I worked in catering industry, and I would never imagine that I could work in an office instead. Real life changing experience. I spent the best year of my life in this school.
- Life changing course- 11/5/2018Dóra Surmann • Student • Course: Full-stack developer course • Campus: Budapest • Verified via LinkedInIf you want a real practice oriented course during which everyone is commited to improve your soft skills (communication, presentation, conflict handling, teamwork etc) as well, choose Codecool. During my studies I not only developped programming skills but also became more confident and determined about my professional life. It gives a relavant, up to date knowledge and all the support (hr, network, interview preparations) to help you to get a software developer job. It really was a lifechanging experience for me. 😊
- Best educational methodology & great mentoring!- 8/21/2019Dóra Márton • Software developer • Graduate • Course: Full-stack developer course • Campus: Budapest
I've started Codecool after 2 university degree's (BA and MA in psychology) and the strangest thing I realized is that Codecool offered me more during 1 year than 5-6 years of university. Just to name a few: a lot of practical experience in realistic projects; information about the opportunities in the job market, tons of problem solving and soft skills.
- Best school I've ever been to.- 11/8/2018Koncz Gábor • System Developer • Course: Full-stack developer course • Campus: Budapest
The environment is great, pleasant and very friendly. I liked the non-frontal approach to education, it was very effective. Apart from hard skills, I think the most important parts were the soft-skill sessions. It helped a lot, not just to be a better worker, but to be a better person. This school has really all the elements, what needed to start a good carrier as a programmer.
- Best decision!- 11/6/2018Alex Lisztes • Student • Course: Full-stack developer course • Campus: Budapest
TL;DR: you want to be a software engineer / developer but also want to improve your soft skills, meanwhile at the same time you want to have fun? -> you are looking for Codecool!
If you want to learn software engineering this is the best place you can choose! The course starts at a beginner level -as no developer background is necessary- and you make your progress to advanced levels of programming and not to mention that you make friends meanwhile.
The atmosphere is fantastic, the people you work with everyday are very friendly, helpful, open-minded and you can find a lot in common with them. I have to mention that this is a practice-oriented course, which means that there is an A and B week. On the A week, you are home - yeah, I mean really, you stay at home, but you are always welcome in the office - learning and progressing with the curriculum and put it in practice with a fun little practice task. On week B you are in the office with your team working on a larger project (usually a few weeks long) in sprints. You work in a team of 4 which is changed every 6 weeks or so to make you adopt to the changing situation and to experience what it's like to work with others. On every friday you present what you have acomplished during the week to the others and the mentors.
The mentors are always there if you need any help! They are very experienced and wise people, who always try their best. Mentors try not to tell you the answers directly but make you realize what the problem is, where it is coming from and what could be possible answers. They sit down with you, help you with the research and solving the problem.
About my background: I changed to Codecool from a university because I wanted a more practical knowledge, made this step and I did not regret it, not even once! I would recommend Codecool over any university in Hungary if you had enough with theoretical knowledge and want to put your skills into practice.
Oh about skills, have I mentioned that at Codecool they placed great emphasis on soft skills also? Growth mindset, transparent communication, feedback sharing, you name it, they got us covered.
I'm very well satisfied with Codecool.
RECOMMENDED ~1662.0 hrs on record, 10/10
- Really good course- 11/7/2018Anonymous • Software engineer • Graduate • Campus: Kraków