neue-fische-logo

Neue Fische

Cologne, Hamburg, Munich

Neue Fische

Neue Fische offers 3-month web development, data science and Java bootcamps in Hamburg, Cologne and Munich, Germany. Classes are taught in German and students learn through exercises, projects, homework, and group work in a startup atmosphere. Towards the end of the three-month bootcamp, students build an individual final project to demonstrate their new skills to employers. Neue Fische offers an income sharing agreement, so students don’t pay tuition until they get a job.

Students in the Data Science Bootcamp learn Python, Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Machine Learning Models, Regression, Random Forest, Neural Networks, PyTorch, Spark, Git. The Web Development Bootcamp curriculum covers JavaScript, React, Redux, HTML5, CSS3, Mobile Apps, Node.js, NoSQL, and agile methodology like Scrum & Kanban.

Neue Fische classes are limited to 15 students, so applicants will need to pass the admissions process. Women, college dropouts, and those with military service are encouraged to apply.

Recent Neue Fische Reviews: Rating 5.0

SQL, REST, MongoDB, JavaScript, Java, HTML, GitHub, Git, Agile
      LocationHamburg, Cologne
    • Web Development

LocationHamburg
      Tuition PlansNeue Fische offers an income sharing agreement.
    • Christian  User Photo
      Christian • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      The web development course was enormously exhausting, but the atmosphere, the cohesion and the very human and warm nature of the coaches were a great support. The amount of content taught should absolutely not be underestimated and you should definitely expect (especially if you have little to no prior experience) that you will reach your limit. Would still recommend it to anyone. What I learned here in 3 months, I could never have taught myself in 2-3 years.
    • Christian Steck  User Photo
      Christian Steck • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I applied to the data science bootcamp, because I have been working in quantitative research and wanted to get out of academia and into a more technical role within the private sector. The course was what I expected it to be. You learn A LOT in a short amount of time. To achieve this, you have to work a lot, too.
      The coaches are competent, nice and helpful. The lectures are a great mix of the intuition of the algorithms and the math behind it. At the same time you learn everything practically by doing coding exercises.
      The course will be easier to master if you have a strong background in statistics, but even participants without it have accomplished a great deal.
      In regards to finding a job afterwards, you obviously can't expect wonders after a 3 months course, but it definitely helped me a lot to get a desirable role. So in the end I am very happy to have visited the bootcamp!
    • Web Development
      - 1/20/2021
      Shiraz Khan  User Photo
      Shiraz Khan • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I went to neuefische in fall 2019 and had a wonderful time there. The head coach Jerry was very dedicated to the students and the job seeking assistance was a tremendous help. I had interviews with three partner companies of neuefische and chose one of them where I'm working for over a year now.
    • Data science
      - 1/12/2021
      chandrakantha HA  User Photo
      chandrakantha HA • Student Verified via GitHub
      The year 2020 will be remembered for many reason, I would remember it for the best decision that I took to attend data scientist bootcamp at Neuefische GmbH, it was very challenging and teaching staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend any one who likes to be a future data scientist to choose neuefische
    • Laura  User Photo
      Laura • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Attending the Neue Fische WebDev Bootcamp in cologne was one of the best decisions I made this year!
      I got into coding about a year ago when I started to think about a career change. One year later and thanks to my wonderful coaches Leon and Phillip I'm on the verge of being a Bootcamp graduate.
      I won't be lying: Attending the Bootcamp is going to be hard. The first weeks you dream about code and all the coding problems ou are not able to wok out. But after a few more weeks you will be able to solve problems you thought were unsolvable. I wasn't sure what to think about attending a remote Bootcamp at first. After the first few weeks, I was able to see massive benefits. We were able to solve problems by sharing screens and I believe your concentration was more focused on your doings. Even social interactions between students where great. Every Friday we had an "after-work" event where we played a lot of scribble, talked and had a lot of fun. We even had a "digitaler 11.11" where some of us dressed up and we had a little digital party. After 8 weeks of intensive learning in our digital classes, we started preparing our "Digitales Gesellenstück" (the Capstone project). Those 4 following weeks gave me time to apply all concepts we learned earlier. In this time there was always the option to get help from the coaches and the whole community. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Neue Fische to anyone who wants to get into coding.
    • Christine M.  User Photo
      Christine M. • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Nice rooms at Spaces Cologne, nice and helpful people. Course concept is based on teamwork.  The coaches are nice, helpful and really interested in their students. I had a good time and I found a Job, although I came from a completely different business (social work and education). My only critical point is the Job Assistance. The employee responsible was more focused on the Hamburg students. I give 4 stars because the coaches filled the gap. They gave really helpful information for technical job interviews and gave the possibility to ask questions after the bootcamp. I keep in touch with Neue Fische alumni network, because I still like the people and the atmosphere.

• Bendix  User Photo
      Bendix • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Instructors and the Cohort
      I participated the data science boot camp in a group of 16 participants. After my studies 3 years earlier I did not expect it to be that hard. After the first week we knew why it is called a boot camp. The instructors did a great job in shaping the environment of the group so that it was a collaborative experience. The predominant driver of this boot camp is peer pressure - but not in a competitive fashion. The instructors gave us the feeling that we are in this together and that together we are stronger. Every attendee had some tasks from time to time and none would want to let the group down.

Learning Scope
      The scope is quite large. The order of the course has a well designed structure. The course is focused on programming labs.
      We had 2 one week projects and a 4 week capstone project in the end. These projects helped a lot in training through repetition without feeling like repetition.
      I have the small critique that deep learning could be more fleshed out and I would have liked to learn something about reinforcement learning.

We had various job sessions with advice for an entry into the field of data science or IT in general. Neue fische also works with partners that seek for applicants. From time to time those partners introduce themselves to the cohort. In general neue fische encourages networking.
      We graduated amidst the corona crisis and I personally have some trouble finding a job at the moment, but I am positive since the field in general is growing.
    • Christopher H.  User Photo
      Christopher H. • Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Especially in Germany it's still somehow experimental to choose that kind of alternative education. The most of developers I got to know so far, have a bachelor degree. But I heard also, that you're not necessarily learning to code in university – for bachelor students it's as well kind of a by-product. And I didn't want to develop the next computer, I don't need to know ALL the theory behind the practice. I just wanted to learn how to build websites. And I did it.

It was quit a turning point in my resume. Coming from theatre and literature, the only thing I brought along was a sense for structures. I learned everything else in that bootcamp. Sure, it's hard to learn something from scratch within two months and than write your first web-application within 4 weeks. But that's exactly what I was looking for: results and something happening.

I would say the thing that helped me most getting started at neue fische, was the atmosphere there. From day one, it's clearly pointed out, that it's challenging – but they care for you in the same way: Have you drunk enough water? Do you have any questions? They make frequently breaks in order to recover, there is a fridge with free drinks etc. And on top of that, they got a strong awareness policy. Should be standard in 21st century, but it's still a pleasure to experience as normal together.

Last but not least: Yeah, it's coding. Numbers and variables the whole day long, looking for the needle in a haystack. Try some free coding courses online (like freecodecamp) to get a good idea of your next job ;)

For me it worked quite well to find a job: One month after graduating, I got a job in the city I want to live and I'll not complain about the salary ;)
    • Michael • Graduate
      I finished the bootcamp a couple of weeks ago and I'm still impressed what you can achieve in a relatively short amount of time.
      Yes, it is intense but doable. You get any support you can think of. Either from the coaches or out of the student team itself.
      It was a lot of fun learning about data science in a nice community and a very modern facility.
      I would always choose to go the same way again.
    • Akward process
      - 8/27/2020
      Anonymous • Applicant
      Interview? Suppose to be one time but end up twice. 1st one was short and not professional. 2nd one - was long but the process more like a real job interview (even from the questions they asked you).

Curriculum? Comparing other insitutes - only this one will be taught in German. Altough study material will be in English. Program schedule is also not clear as they are only putting some subjects without further details.

Overall? Better to apply to other institute. More international, more assistance, more professional.