neue-fische-logo

Neue Fische

Cologne, Hamburg, Munich

Neue Fische

Neue Fische offers 3-month web development, data science and Java bootcamps in Hamburg, Cologne and Munich, Germany. Classes are taught in German and students learn through exercises, projects, homework, and group work in a startup atmosphere. Towards the end of the three-month bootcamp, students build an individual final project to demonstrate their new skills to employers. Neue Fische offers an income sharing agreement, so students don’t pay tuition until they get a job.

Students in the Data Science Bootcamp learn Python, Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Machine Learning Models, Regression, Random Forest, Neural Networks, PyTorch, Spark, Git. The Web Development Bootcamp curriculum covers JavaScript, React, Redux, HTML5, CSS3, Mobile Apps, Node.js, NoSQL, and agile methodology like Scrum & Kanban.

Neue Fische classes are limited to 15 students, so applicants will need to pass the admissions process. Women, college dropouts, and those with military service are encouraged to apply.

Recent Neue Fische Reviews: Rating 5.0

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Java, Agile, REST, SQL, GitHub
      LocationCologne, Hamburg
    • Web Development

LocationHamburg
      Tuition PlansNeue Fische offers an income sharing agreement.
    • Bendix  User Photo
      Bendix • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Instructors and the Cohort
      I participated the data science boot camp in a group of 16 participants. After my studies 3 years earlier I did not expect it to be that hard. After the first week we knew why it is called a boot camp. The instructors did a great job in shaping the environment of the group so that it was a collaborative experience. The predominant driver of this boot camp is peer pressure - but not in a competitive fashion. The instructors gave us the feeling that we are in this together and that together we are stronger. Every attendee had some tasks from time to time and none would want to let the group down.

Learning Scope
      The scope is quite large. The order of the course has a well designed structure. The course is focused on programming labs.
      We had 2 one week projects and a 4 week capstone project in the end. These projects helped a lot in training through repetition without feeling like repetition.
      I have the small critique that deep learning could be more fleshed out and I would have liked to learn something about reinforcement learning.

We had various job sessions with advice for an entry into the field of data science or IT in general. Neue fische also works with partners that seek for applicants. From time to time those partners introduce themselves to the cohort. In general neue fische encourages networking.
      We graduated amidst the corona crisis and I personally have some trouble finding a job at the moment, but I am positive since the field in general is growing.
    • Christopher H.  User Photo
      Christopher H. • Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Especially in Germany it's still somehow experimental to choose that kind of alternative education. The most of developers I got to know so far, have a bachelor degree. But I heard also, that you're not necessarily learning to code in university – for bachelor students it's as well kind of a by-product. And I didn't want to develop the next computer, I don't need to know ALL the theory behind the practice. I just wanted to learn how to build websites. And I did it.

It was quit a turning point in my resume. Coming from theatre and literature, the only thing I brought along was a sense for structures. I learned everything else in that bootcamp. Sure, it's hard to learn something from scratch within two months and than write your first web-application within 4 weeks. But that's exactly what I was looking for: results and something happening.

I would say the thing that helped me most getting started at neue fische, was the atmosphere there. From day one, it's clearly pointed out, that it's challenging – but they care for you in the same way: Have you drunk enough water? Do you have any questions? They make frequently breaks in order to recover, there is a fridge with free drinks etc. And on top of that, they got a strong awareness policy. Should be standard in 21st century, but it's still a pleasure to experience as normal together.

Last but not least: Yeah, it's coding. Numbers and variables the whole day long, looking for the needle in a haystack. Try some free coding courses online (like freecodecamp) to get a good idea of your next job ;)

For me it worked quite well to find a job: One month after graduating, I got a job in the city I want to live and I'll not complain about the salary ;)