learningfuze-logo

LearningFuze

Irvine, Online, Orange County, Orange County

LearningFuze

LearningFuze offers a full immersion 12-week web development bootcamp and part-time hybrid online course in Irvine and Orange County, California. Students learn full-stack front and back end development including HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript/jQuery, PHP, MySQL, React, Git/GitHub, Node.JS, Bootstrap, and Firebase. Teaching includes problem-solving skills, essential workplace and interviewing skills, and programmer mindset training. The program doesn't require a degree or professional programming experience but does require that students have the right qualities as well as a dedication to learning and making a full-time commitment. Discounts, payment plans, and student loans which can also be used for living expenses are available. The full immersion program includes a 2-week prep class and a 12-week in-person course. After graduation, students will continue to be plugged in to LearningFuze through the alumni network and the included job-search assistance. LearningFuze also offers a part-time intro course on nights and weekends.

Recent LearningFuze Reviews: Rating 4.99

all (139) reviews for LearningFuze →

Recent LearningFuze News

Read all (31) articles about LearningFuze →
  • Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp

LocationOrange County
    The 12 week full immersion program teaches those technologies most in need in the marketplace with a heavy focus on JavaScript and the LAMP stack to become full stack web developers at the conclusion. The curriculum has been honed to provide the technical skills to compete for a job in the marketplace and so that graduates can learn any chosen technology. In addition, the program focuses on the soft skills related to web development so that students not only have a polished portfolio of projects but the presentation and interview skills to effectively compete in the marketplace. In summary, students learn by doing with the support of instructors that have been successful commercial developers for many years.
    Deposit$250 Seat Reservation
    Lending partner available: https://learningfuze.skills.fund/
    ISA (Income Share Agreement)
    Contact us for more information
    Tuition PlansPlease check our website for discounts. We also offer financing through Skills Fund and an ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Refund / GuaranteeProrated within the first week of the program
    Scholarship$12,305 average tuition after scholarships, discounts & credits are applied. Visit https://learningfuze.com/faq#/discounts for a complete list and contact us with any questions.
    Minimum Skill LevelIt is important for students to have taken the initiative to learn on their own with specific recommendations outlined on the LearningFuze application pagehttp://learningfuze.com/full-immersion-application-guide/
    Prep WorkStudents that have reserved their seat take the Root Level 1 class for free as well as the Root JS class which is strongly recommended.
  • Part Time Comprehensive Program

LocationOrange County
    Live instruction with the option to participate in-person or remotely. A curriculum designed to make students development and employment ready based on the full immersion program. The Part-Time Comprehensive program is tailored to students who are looking for a part time alternative to the full immersion program, and is designed to deliver the same content and intensity of the full immersion program, but with the flexibility to take the program over time, in steps or “modules” based on their schedule. Additionally, students looking for skills and knowledge in a particular technical area but not necessarily all 5 modules can simply choose to take an individual module of their choice rather than each module sequentially. Students can also choose to specific modules or "Tracks" related to Front End Development (Modules 1,2 and 3), Back End Development (1,2 and 4) or Full Stack (1,2,3 and 4). The 5th module is optional for those students looking for career services. Simply apply and ensure you are ready to get the most out of the instruction. Of course, whether taking an individual module or two or working through all of the modules, the program is all about the practical skills of development by building numerous full scale projects in a work like environment led by seasoned instructors!
    DepositNone
    Not available
    Tuition PlansWe offer financing through our lending partner Skills Fund
    Refund / Guarantee$500 discount for Module 1
    ScholarshipPlease check our website for scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelNo prior experience necessary
    Prep WorkRecommendations on each module
  • Root JS Prep Class

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
    LocationOrange County
    For those that want to learn the practical, fundamental skills related to JavaScript. It is a two week course 3 times per week and about 15 hours per week with work done at home. Students will learn the core concepts to make applications dynamic. It is for those that want to take that initial step toward understanding development using the key language of the web or the first step in becoming a developer. Students will learn loops, variables, functions and more.
    Tuition PlansSkills Fund, ISA (Income Share Agreement)
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML and CSS
    Prep WorkSee LearningFuze part time courses
  • Root Level I Prep Class

HTML, Git, CSS, Front End
    LocationOrange County, Irvine
    Root Level 1 is a 2-week remote/in-class web development training program built for beginners that want to learn how to code and are considering a path to becoming professional developers
    DepositNone required
    Skills Fund, ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Minimum Skill LevelSome understanding of HTML and CSS and ability to effectively navigate a computer

• Thank you LFZ!
    - 10/10/2016
    Gene Kwon • Front End Developer • Graduate

What a long, strange trip it's been.

One bleary morning a year ago I woke up and realized just how much I abhorred my job and dreaded going in to work. I was formerly a Project Manager in the construction industry and I spent the better part of six years trying to convince myself construction was something I was passionate about.

I always wanted to learn how to program so I attempted teach myself  over the course of several weeks. Frustrated with the progress (or lack thereof) I was making I began to look into these coding bootcamps I kept hearing so much about. After doing extensive research and attending over a half dozen information sessions at various coding bootcamps I decided to enroll in LearningFuze.

The determing factor that ultimately convinced me LearningFuze was my bootcamp of choice was Dan (the lead instructor). Typically, coding bootcamps have information sessions conducted by a program manager that take place around 6 to 7 in the evening after all the students and instructor have gone home.  Much to my surprise, I walked in at 7 in the evening to a classroom that was nearly full and saw that Dan was walking around and assisting students. Dan even walked in to the information session and answered prospective students' questions. Seeing how dedicated Dan was to his craft to help mold and mentor absolute beginners like myself late into the evening  spoke volumes to me.

If you are serious about pursuing and jumpstarting a new career in web development, choose LearningFuze! It will be the most mentally arduous and grueling three months of your life but you won't regret it.

I look fondly back on that day nearly a year ago. LearningFuze changed my life. It can change yours too! I graduated back in June as part of Cohort 8 and secured a position as a Front End Developer for a great company.

Some advice for prospective LFZ students:

• One step forward, two steps back - Do not compare yourself to others in the class. It's OK if it takes you longer than others to absorb and understand the material like myself. To my detriment, I  always tried to keep up with the class without solidfying my knowledge base.
    • There is a common misconception that once you graduate from a coding bootcamp you are guaranteed a job. This is not the case. While LFZ will provide you with a bountiful amount of very helpful career advice, it is ultimately up to you as an individual to hustle and put in the effort to go through the interview and application process just like you would do with any other job.
    • Be persistent! It took me a bit longer than expected (over 2 months) but I applied a little over 250 positions before I found my secured my first job.
    • Try not to overload on those Nature Valley granola bars they leave out. They're super calorie dense!
  • Samantha Nagle  User Photo
    Samantha Nagle • Student Verified via GitHub

Going through LearningFuze has been one of the most "worth it" experiences of my life. Between the network of passionate students and alumni, the dedicated teachers and staff, and amazing career services provided, attending students are supported 100% of the way through their journey to become a junior developer.

Having done a fair bit of programming before entering, I was initially on the fence about entering a program like LearningFuze, thinking I could make it by learning on my own. However, the experience of going through this program has helped me grow stronger both as a developer and as a person more so than I could have alone. Every day I walk into class, I know I will be surrounded by people who are dedicated both to learning and to helping each other learn. The curriculum is well-paced, as every day you are facing a new challenge designed to help you understand the fundamentals of programming, while also learning in-demand skills and technologies for developers.

I highly recommend LearningFuze to anyone looking to start their coding journey! Everyone there wants to see you succeed and will support you every step of your way there.

• Kevin Akahoshi  User Photo
    Kevin Akahoshi • Student Verified via GitHub

The experiences that I have had at LearningFuze are unlike anything I've ever had in a traditional education system.  They've exceeded my expectations in every way, and shown me that it's possible for anyone to program if they put their mind to it.

The 12 week full immersion program has been a whirlwind to say the least.  The cirriculum is heavily focused on teaching programming fundamentals to ensure that every student has a solid foundation to learn and grow.  The support system is great, and the staff genuinely wants every student to succeed.  The staff encourages constant curiosity and critical thinking to further your understanding of programming as a whole.  The program is challenging, but you will always have support from the staffl, and your cohortmates.

I found that the program is a great mixture of guidance/structure and creative freedom.  There are projects and exercises designed to teach you how to approach different programming principles, but they also allow you to take the ideas you have and run with them.  When you're learning new things and realizing your potential, the world is your oyster.  Additionally, I particularly liked the tech stack that LearningFuze focuses on, as it is relevant to what companies in the area are looking for.

Lastly, I think one of the most important aspects that someone should consider when it comes to selecting a bootcamp are the career services.  This is why I ended up choosing LearningFuze over other bootcamps in the area.  They offer robust career services that you probably won't find with other bootcamps.  Bill and TJ make it a point that yes, the technical part of the bootcamp is a large portion of what you're paying for, but you will never get hired if you cannot land an interview.  The ultimate goal is to be employed as a developer or engineer, and they know that.  They regularly have workshops for LinkedIn profiles, resume writing, mock interviews, etc. to teach you what employers are looking for and how you should approach searching for a job.  Those are skills that are invaluable, and people pay a lot of money for career coaching alone.

So, is LearningFuze worth the investment?  Without a doubt, yes.  The technical and soft skills that you will leave with make it worth the investment.

• Dane Maison  User Photo
    Dane Maison • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

If you choose to come to LearningFuze, you will be immersed in an incredibly supportive environment. The instructors at LearningFuze are knowledgeable and helpful. The curriculum is structured in a way that caters to students at every skill level. Each concept is introduced in manageable chunks and reinforced through structured exercises.

At the end of the program, you will not only have extremely solid programming fundamentals but also arguably the most important skill in a developer's toolkit: the ability to teach yourself. LearningFuze teaches you how to teach yourself. You will learn how to confidently read documentation and code, and figure out problems so that you can succeed in the future.

The environment at LearningFuze is awesome. There is a reason that Alumni constantly check back in. You are always surrounded by like-minded, passionate students and other knowledgable developers.

If you are on the fence about coming to LearningFuze, just attend an info session. LearningFuze puts absolutely no pressure on you to enroll in the program. They want you to succeed and will answer any questions you have.

• Adison L  User Photo
    Adison L • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

The 12 week full-immersion program at LearningFuze provided me with a very thorough education in full-stack web development. Even as someone with very limited background in writing code, I feel like the program has really taught me to understand the fundamentals of programming. I started the program in August 2019 and I can absolutely recommend LearningFuze as an excellent bootcamp!

As someone wanting to find a career in web development, I found the career services at LearningFuze to be a great part of the program. All throughout the course, there is a huge emphasis on the job search process, which provides a ton of value in not just becoming a developer, but also a professional, which I feel has helped to prepare me for getting into the industry.

The curriculum is intensive and challenging, but the instruction is really engaging and you are encouraged to learn by building projects which really teaches you programming at a fast pace. There are instructors available to provide help at virtually any time, so you don’t get stuck for too long and can keep moving forward. I would have never thought I could learn so much material in such a short amount of time, but the program really pushes you to get the most of those 12 weeks.

Also, the learning environment that LearningFuze provides for students is very collaborative and welcoming. The staff, alumni, and other students are all very helpful, which makes the experience of learning web development easier. Overall, I can confidently say my experience at LearningFuze has been incredible and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn programming.

• Uzair Ashraf  User Photo
    Uzair Ashraf • Full Stack Web Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

It's crazy to think that seven weeks ago, I was staring at this website reading these reviews, and here I am now writing one.

Fighting complaceny? Living paycheck to paycheck? Feeling like you're running out of options?  If you're wondering why this place has higher ratings than most other places.  Theres no secret to it. I was skeptical at first with the lack of negative reviews about this place when I first thought of attending, but during the interview I immediately realized that its just that good.

Every aspect of this bootcamp is absolutely phenomenal.  The instructors are geniuses, the curriculum is designed for anybody to learn.

I wrote an article on linkedin about finding the right bootcamp and some advice on what to do when you are attending.

I highly recommend you give it a read, and it will go into detail as to why I chose this place.

• Sri  User Photo
    Sri • Full-Stack Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

There is a myriad of technologies, languages, and libraries out there so much so that it would take a lifetime of learning. However, they all share commonalities and the ability to decipher them, break them down into their components, and comprehend the underlying principles is what is taught here at LFZ. This approach is not only applied to learning technologies but every other aspect of the job application process and working environment. From prepping us for technical and behavioral interviews, reducing anxiety and making the best out of meetups, to teaching us how to succeed in an agile team environment. The staff has somehow caught lightning in a bottle and shared it with the rest of us. The best and most telling thing to me is the continued support the staff gives you from the moment you join to perpetuity. They are truly invested in your success and are willing to help you in any way shape or form even if that means giving constructive feedback.

TLDR: I highly recommend it, you won't regret it

• Samantha Durant  User Photo
    Samantha Durant • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

To say that choosing to attend LearningFuze was a great decision would be a major understatement. I can confidently say that coming here was one one of the best decisions of my life. I come from a humanities background and was an English teacher just weeks before I came here. Aside from a few short online tutorials, I really had no programming experience. Although I was apprehensive at first about the idea of attending a coding bootcamp, when I spoke to TJ and Bill during the application process and talked to them about the learning environment and how successful previous students had been, I got a great feeling about the program and decided to enroll.

The whole time leading up to the course, though, I was incredibly nervous. Could I actually do this? Were those online courses deceptively easy? When I finally arrived at the school, I felt immediately at home in this environment. I had expected to be intimidated by the knowledge of these longtime programmers, but I really wasn’t. All of the teachers were very relatable, and while they knew more than I could imagine, they always reminded us that they also started where we were, and that they also struggled and got stuck and confused in the beginning. They make the learning environment not only approachable but also fun, with lots of interesting and useful activities everyday (and lots of great dad jokes to explain programming concepts).

Since the beginning of the course I have learned so much, not only about programming, but about myself and what people are capable of. Everything that seems insurmountable at first has turned out to be doable. We’ve had two hackathons, in which we completed two entirely different applications in under 48 hours, which prior to these hackathons sounded completely impossible. React and OOP seemed difficult for me to wrap my head around at first, and now I use them both daily. I’ve realized over the last few months, thanks to LearningFuze, that programming is not limited to the chosen few geniuses who have the gift of mastering this complex skill, it’s about patience and the drive to spend hours a day problem solving, and to keep trying things until they work.

I am still in the last few weeks of the program, and I am genuinely sad that the program is coming to an end because I’ve enjoyed coming here everyday so much. If you are hesitant because you don’t come from a programming background and think programming is going to be too hard, please don’t let that stop you. I can confidently recommend this course to anyone who is determined to learn to code. You will not regret it!

• The Best Choice
    - 9/10/2019
    John South  User Photo
    John South • Student Verified via GitHub

You may be skeptical when you hear about being "job ready" after only 12 weeks of work. Before attending the program at LearningFuze I was skeptical as well. This school proved me wrong. I know so much than I thought I ever could in such a short time. The things I've learned here has also given me a foundation to continue to learn either on my own or at the work place. Web development is not easy, but LearningFuze has made the process fun and gratifying.

• My Best Choice
    - 8/23/2019
    Jase  User Photo
    Jase • Student • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze has exceeded my expectations in every way. The teachers go above and beyond the bar to ensure you get the most out of every activity, no matter how small or big. I am currently in my ninth week of the program and loving every minute of it. If you want to learn web development, LearningFuze is the place to do it.

• Great Program!
    - 8/23/2019
    Juliann Talkington  User Photo
    Juliann Talkington • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

​Whether you are looking for technical training so you can become a better manager or are hoping to become a world class coder, LearningFuze is a great option.

I completed the full immersion program a few weeks ago and feel well equiped to work in the web development field. LearningFuze has fantastic instructors who have a lot of real world experience, a well thought out and executed curriculum, a great career coaching program, and a class structure that encourages you to learn from and bond with your classmates.

I tried an introductory course at another highly touted bootcamp before settling on LearningFuze. LearningFuze is better at everything from instruction to career planning and support.

• David  User Photo
    David • React Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

As soon as I entered the LearningFuze office, I was certain it would be the right place for me to start my web development career. The staff, curriculum, and my peers made my time at LFZ an unforgettable and rewarding experience.

The staff is composed of incredible people. They are always willing to drop what they are working on to answer your questions and ensure you understand the material. Additionally, the LFZ culture balances being light-hearted and fun, while being focused on the task at helping the students become web developers. A great balance!

I thought the cirriculum was well-structured and refined. The subject material is tough, but you're given the tools you need to find success. To get the most out of the program, I recommend trusting the process and attempting your best work every day.

Finally, I'd like to share that the whole experience was made even better thanks to the people in my cohort. Together, we fostered an environment that valued providing support and having fun and I am thankful I was able to build relationships with such wonderful people.

• Amazing program
    - 8/5/2019
    Jeremy Wang  User Photo
    Jeremy Wang • React Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I graduated from LearningFuze 6 weeks ago.

I enrolled in the full-immersion course.

Please let me share you with you what I think is special about this Bootcamp.

1. Career service: LearningFuze has a magical event called demo-day. After your portfolios get approved, you are qualified to it. It is an event that Lfz helps you connect directly to employers. As the oldest and the most successful Bootcamp in SoCal, lfz has a very strong connection to local tech companies. At demo day, local companies come to you, talk to you, and check out your projects. You can see it as an express line to an offer, which is much better than applying online. TJ Kinion puts so much effort to keep demo-day ongoing. Many many students, include me, got their first offer through this event.
    2. Post-graduation time: You signed the contract with them that you will be a student there for 3 months. But after you graduate, you are more than welcomed staying in. LearningFuze set up an alumni room for graduates, where you can continue work on your portfolio and projects. You can still access all the instructors. They will help you just like they always did during the course.
    3. Cohort: After 3 months, friendship among cohort mates developed deeply. More than that, I get close with my previous, next cohort and even some alumni graduated a long time ago. I have to say, students in lfz just have class. Learning code is hard. But it is fun when you are with persons that have the same passion and goal as you. You won't feel lonely or lost when intelligent students are around you and grow together with you. You will make some life-long friends in this school.
    4. Course curriculum: they know what local tech company needs, and they design the course adapting that requirements. You learn what the industry is looking for. Besides that, they take feedback and update in each cohort. For example, my previous cohort didn't have enough time to dive deep into Redux, so they didn't cover that in my cohort, instead, they focus more on core React. For my cohort, students showed great interest in Node.js, so my next cohort, they support students to build the final project in Node. They do listen to students and change their content to make us happier. Tim.D, one of the lead instructors there, he creates his own materials, which is pure awesome. He knows what you know, you don't know and your think pattern. He doesn't only deliver knowledge but teach you competency to think like a programmer.

My overall experience is amazing. Actually, it turned out than I expected. It is a high-quality program that you won't be regretted to enroll in.

• Stephanie Burcombe  User Photo
    Stephanie Burcombe • Student Verified via GitHub

Coming from a background as an elementary school teacher and no formal coding exposure or experience, I had plenty of apprehensions about learning any kind of web development in such a short period of time.  I am in now in week 9 of the 12 week full immersion program. Looking back at the last 8 weeks of the program, I am in awe of what I have been able to learn and create. It has been quite a unique learning experience.

Some of the exceptional aspects:

1)Instructors

The instructors are what make Learning Fuze so exceptional.  As a student who was struggling to understand some of the most foundational concepts in the beginning, I found immense support during class time, on the weekend (whether it be through a Google Hangout or during the open hours on Saturday), and after class time during the week.  They are extremely knowledgeable and supportive and have been a vital resource in navigating my way into becoming a web developer.

2)Materials/Information/Access

Prior to the program, Learning Fuze provides a comprehensive guide to materials you should reference, read, and/or utilize before beginning the program. Their prep courses are a great introduction to the foundational concepts needed for web development and also give a small glimpse into what the full time program will be like, as well. In retrospect, it is easy for me to see that they have thoughtfully designed this to help students prepare for the full immersion program (particularly those of us who have no previous coding background). Additionally, the curriculum during the program is extremely comprehensive considering the short timeline.

Another great resource provided is job search support.  Starting from the first week, we have been provided with tips on creating our resume, LinkedIn profiles, interviewing practice, and hearing guest speakers from the industry. This aspect has been extremely beneficial and educational as I pursue this career change.

Some of the challenges:

1)Pace

When I first began researching bootcamps, I kept reading about the fast pace associated with an accelerated web development program but didn’t fully comprehend what that meant until I was a part of it.  The pace of the Learning Fuze bootcamp is faster than any educational environment I have experienced. The same day that you learn about a topic (or multiple topics), you are also coding a project to apply those skills.  This definitely could feel daunting and overwhelming at times but with the support of the instructors, it was manageable...still challenging, but manageable.

2)Workload/Time

While the technical class hours are Monday -Friday from 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., the studying time, practice exercises, and projects that need to be completed will easily require your focus and a time commitment of  7 days a week and about 12-14 hours a day (including the 10-6 time on Monday-Friday).

Overall, I am extremely pleased with my decision to choose Learning Fuze bootcamp as my school of choice to pursue a career in web development. As challenging as it has been, I have seen my abilities improve more than I could’ve imagined and I have grown even more passionate about building my coding abilities than before starting the program. Learning Fuze has been a great place to learn.

• Billy  User Photo
    Billy • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I recently graduated from LearningFuze's full immersion program (June 2019) and absolutely, 100% recommend making LearningFuze the place where you begin your journey into development.

I had been working in non-profit for the past 9 years with no prior experience of coding and wanted to be sure that I'd be at a place that would help build a strong foundation. I did a lot of research through many review sites and saw so many alumni of LearningFuze consistently write about how passionate the instructors are and how they foster a positive (yet, challenging) environment for growth. I went to an evening info session to get a feel for the culture and made my decision to sign up when I saw just how much the staff really cares for each individual student.

The instruction is fast-paced and challenging because there's a lot of content to go through, but the instructors always put a premium on understanding the content rather than just dumping information. I found it incredibly helpful that every time we received new content during lecture, that there was always a prototype/exercise that we would immediately work on to be sure that we understood what we learned. Plus, we had two, 48-hour hackathons where we would have to complete different projects that simulated a team-environment with an AGILE process and real-time Git/GitHub that really helped put into practice everything we had been learning.

During the second half of the program, we dove deeper into server-side topics so that we could complete a 3-week, full stack final project. I can't say it enough, but the emphasis on project-based learning pushed me from just knowledge to practical understanding and execution of the myriad of concepts we learned.

I love how LearningFuze fosters an environment for growth with driven and motivated peers and many of us would regularly stay after hours to cement our learning together and instructors would be present to help us. On top of that, the staff are constantly up-to-date to be sure you're getting the most relevant content and tech that will prepare you best for the job search.

I'm thankful for the staff at LearningFuze because undertake an honest and transparent process where they strive to be sure each student has great competency and character that makes a great web developer, great.

• Tony Jin  User Photo
    Tony Jin • Student Verified via GitHub

I am currently in my 7th of 12 weeks in the full immersion program at Learningfuze. This was my 4th or 5th bootcamp that I had checked out and applied to, and ultimately the decision was down to Hack Reactor or LearningFuze. I think the experience that made me ultimately decide to come here was during my first visit to the campus; this bootcamp felt different compared to the mega bootcamps like App Academy and Hack Reactor. While the latter are not wrong in their methodology or approach, LearningFuze just had this atmosphere that the instructors were there because of their passion for teaching code and not to "ladder up" or to have a comfy job. It didn't take long for me to decide after my initial meeting with the instructors, TJ (who is in charge of making sure students get jobs), and Bill (who runs the entire operation side).

After passing the halfway mark in my curriculum, I can confidently say I have no regrets in my decision. The instructors are available at basically any time that you need them, they are very knowledgeable in the industry's current practices, and will answer any questions that you may have during the learning process. The overall culture is possibly my favorite aspect of the camp - while the instructors encourage their students to work hard, they make an effort to make all the lectures interesting and interactive. Best decision of my life!

• Jessica Yang  User Photo
    Jessica Yang • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I recently graduated from the Full Immersion program, and I would 100% recommend LearningFuze to any prospective students.  Over a year ago, I started considering my career pivot from digital marketing into web development, and LearningFuze was one of the schools that stood out to me while researching online.  I read a bunch of reviews, started to teach myself with free tutorials, and finally attended an info session in January.  I got to see for myself how honest, genuine, and dedicated the LFZ staff are towards visitors, students, and alumni alike!  I felt no pressure to choose them, but they are wholly there for you in your decision making process and beyond.  I joined the two prep classes to get a feel for their teaching style and to gauge my own readiness for the full immersion program, and I dove in shortly after that!

The following 12 weeks brought a tidal wave of new material, constant challenge, and personal growth.  Going into the program, I knew I wanted an efficient/fast-paced learning environment, mentorship, and like-minded peers, and that's what I got from day 1.  Every week ramps up in intensity, building on the knowledge and practice from the previous week.  In lectures, we were encouraged to engage with the instructor and discover our blind spots as quickly as possible.  In solo projects, we applied that week's core concepts while given opportunities to stretch our toolset a bit more each time.  We also had two exhilarating 48-hour hackathons for practicing real-world skills around Git/GitHub workflows, working in a team, and planning/tracking project tasks.  And in the final 3 weeks of the program, we were split into teams to build full stack applications--with one instructor assigned to each one as project manager.  The job hunt is also emphasized throughout the program with lectures on networking, proper use of LinkedIn, and resume prep, as well as practice whiteboards and mock interviews.  Every step of the way, you are surrounded by classmates to struggle (and celebrate!) with and can laugh together about the growing pains we all experience as beginners.

All that being said, it's really true that you get what you put in.  I can see why people say that a strong foundation is critical, because it is on that foundation that we will continue to hone our skills and pick up new technologies more quickly.  Review core concepts regularly, don't neglect the practice problems, and ask questions often!  Programming really takes persistence and a willingness to be frustrated over and over again, but those happy moments when you finally understand a concept or successfully debug your code are so worth it!

If you are still on the fence, I'd recommend visiting the campus for an info session and voicing any concerns with the staff and current students/alumni.  I guarantee that at the very least, you'll come away with more clarity, and maybe like me, you'll discover that LFZ is exactly where you want to begin your programming journey.

• Pivotal
    - 5/29/2019
    Andrew Mirshafiee  User Photo
    Andrew Mirshafiee • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Theres a lot of things I can say about this program. Coming almost straight from attaining my Marketing degree from Cal State Fullerton, I had high expectations for what a bootcamp was suppossed to provide. I knew that the material was suppossed to thorough and the time and effort could be rigorous, but everyone at the LearningFuze facility made the process as smooth and seamless as humanly possible. Any time I had a question about anything, from the bare bone basics of coding (HTML, CSS and primitive JS for lack of a better description) or to more complecated topics of algorithms and recursive async await functions, there was always someone to help break down the ideas into bite size pieces. The best part about the program is how they stay with you through the job search to help guide you through the application/interview process. They helped me learn from my mistakes and refine how I could present myself in the best way possible. Definitely one of the best decisions I've made for my career.

• Steffany N.  User Photo
    Steffany N. • Assistant UI Team Lead • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attended LearningFuze starting at the end of April in 2018. It was the most exhausting, but the most rewarding and fulfilling 12 weeks of my life, and has completely transformed the direction of my professional life, and by that factor, everything else as well. I came into LearningFuze with no real coding background, but from a strong understanding of web as a whole(I was previously a Project Manager at a web agency). I'd been super interested in transitioning to coding for a while, and decided to find out more.

I went in to attend one of their info sessions and was really impressed by their honesty about what it takes to succeed in the program, and that it's all about how much it matters to you. A lot of places like to try and sell their programs as "No matter what, we will get you a job with lots of money!" But that is just simply not true, and the LearningFuze team is very upfront about the fact that you get out what you put in. I appreciated that to no end. I was also a big fan of the environment. The students were all really friendly when I stopped to ask them how they liked the program, the instructors were happy to answer any questions I had, and it was pretty clear a lot of people there shared a lot of my more geeky interests, so that made me feel really comfortable. I was really impressed and decided to pursue the 12 week full stack bootcamp option.

Even though for most of the 12 weeks you feel like you are drowning in information, the entire staff is focused on helping you juggle that and making sure you are able to process through everything that you are learning, be it through additional tutoring sessions, or answering questions that you know they have been asked a million times, without ever making you feel bad about asking them for help.

Despite a lot of previous not so great experiences in tech as a female, I was very happily surprised that the atmosphere was one where I felt very comfortable. I didn't feel like I was being treated with less respect, and I didn't feel like anyone thought I was less capable because I was female. The instructors cared about each student's success, not about gender or race, which was a very refreshing change. It allowed me to focus on learning, instead of having to watch every little thing I did so people wouldn't judge me for being female.

After graduation, they were incredibly helpful with career placement. They helped me with building out a solid portfolio and gave great advice about resume adjustments, how to network, and how to handle interviewing for jobs with my new skills. They were also fantastic about helping promote alumni as well, which ended up being how I found my current position.

I've been with that company for 6 months now, have gotten the oppotunity to work with a lot of great new technologies and great clients, and I just got promoted to an Assistant Lead position. My experience at LearningFuze is what made all of this possible. Because of the dedication and focus from the entire staff to help me maximize what I was capable of, I was able to learn a huge number of new skills in a very accelarated time and build a solid base for understanding how to continue learning quickly. All of those things combined with my previous work experience have made it possible for me to have a great career trajectory so far, and it's given me something to pursue as a career that I actually love.

If you're really serious about pursuing a web development career, I would strongly recommend LearningFuze. So many places just want your money. LearningFuze wants your success and that is their absolute focus.

• Christopher Gustavsson  User Photo
    Christopher Gustavsson • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Where do I even begin to describe how amazing LearningFuze and it's staff is.

I dilligently researched all the bootcamps in OC, including online ones and I can with 100% confidence say that LearningFuze is the best bootcamp you'll ever attend.

At this bootcamp you will learn relevant technologies that are currently used in the job market. Something I did not learn at a traditional college where you're forced to learn things that are either outdated or in the end have no application in the real world job market. The technologies covered include: HTML, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, React.Js, Redux, Bootstrap, PHP, Node.Js, MySQL, AWS, Git/Github, and more.

All the instructors are superb. They love it when you ask them questions and are more than happy to explain how things work. The best part is that they explain programming concepts in such a way that helps you both understand and retain that information.

Another one of LearningFuze's strongpoints is the importance they put on using Git right away. Personally working with the command line and Git was a pretty intimidating at first but after a couple of weeks it became second nature. LearningFuze simulates a real job environment in order to get you prepared to work together with other people. The curriculum involves 2 hackathons and a final project where you get to work with other enthused and passionate programmers to create amazing projects that you can put on your portfolio.

Closer to the end of the program you will be going through mock interviews, get help building your resume, portfolio, and linkedin profile in order to maximize your chances of getting a job as soon as possible. LearningFuze has a wide and vast network that will always be accessible, even after completing the program.

To anyone looking to attend a bootcamp, the culture here is extremely friendy and fun. They have a very open walk-in policy for those that want to check the place out. They have the most knowledgeable and passionate teachers that truly care about your development as a developer. You will learn more in 3 months than you ever imagined possible.

I truly feel attending LearningFuze has been the best decision I've made. If you're serious about attending a bootcamp and having a career as a developer, there is no better place. This is where you want to go.

• Michelle Poole  User Photo
    Michelle Poole • Student Verified via GitHub

I have nothing but good things to say about LearningFuze.

I chose them over other web development programs because of their emphasis on recreating as close to an actual development environment as possible.

From day one they had us working with git and github, and a lot of the program is structured around coding in groups, including two 48 hour hackathons. Anyone can learn to code on their own, but having actual experience working with other developers and reporting to senior level developers is priceless.

That said, their instructors and lectures are top notch. You can tell that they've got it down to a science, and it's clear that everyone here wants each and every student to succeed. I can't tell you how much easier their knowledge and expertise has made it to wade through the huge amount of info out there.

All of that would be great on it's own, but to top it off LearningFuze is dedicated to make sure that their students are also ready for the interview process. They offer a ton of practice whiteboards and practice interviews, as well as an extensive portfolio review process.

If you want to be a programmer, I can think of no better way to kickstart your career than LearningFuze. I would go through the program again in a heartbeat.

• Jason Yata  User Photo
    Jason Yata • Student Verified via GitHub

I did an extensive amount of research into coding boot camps before ultimately going all in on LearningFuze. It wasn't that the other boot camps I visited were bad, it was that LearningFuze was just that good. I can't recommend their full-immersion program enough. The culture they've built with their insanely knowledgeable instructors really makes the 12-14 hour days enjoyable. Dan, the lead instructor, is able to break everything down to a very learnable level and makes sure everyone has full understanding of difficult concepts before proceeding. But be warned, the program is extremely rigorous and will push you to your limits. If you're on the fence, I highly recommend taking their two introductory root courses to get a feel for development.

If you're serious about starting a career in development, I always recommend doing your own research but LearningFuze's reputation as the best boot camp in California is real and they deserve to be at the top of your list.

• Paul Lujan  User Photo
    Paul Lujan • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I looked at a number of coding bootcamps in the area and chose LearningFuze because of the open and friendly environment. My decision was based on 1) I knew that I would put more time and effort into coding in an environment that I felt comfortable in and 2) After the program I would need my coding school's help to find a job and their mentorship thereafter. LearningFuze was a great fit for both of these reasons.

Not only does the school have long hours - 9AM-ish to late - they are also open Monday-Saturday. As expected, I spent most of the daytime soaking up new information and the nights and weekends working on projects. The classrooms are comfortable. They have desks large monitors and couch space. I looked forward to going to LearningFuze and did not mind spending long hours there.

LearningFuze has an alumni room where students can work on their portfolios and apply to jobs. After the course I was there everyday. The staff does a great job of prepping you for interviews and connecting you with potential employers. I got my first internship through a LearningFuze connection and am now onto my second job where I will be building out the front end for a fintech startup. I still keep in touch with the LearningFuze staff and alumni network.

• Hannel Gwak  User Photo
    Hannel Gwak • Graduate Verified via GitHub

One of the things that drew me to LearningFuze over other bootcamps was their emphasis on a simulated work environment. The other bootcamps I was looking into didn't really mention anything about collaboration but we had 2 hackathons where we worked in groups and a capstone project where we applied everything we learned to a project idea that one of the students came up with. The instructors acted as the project manager, guiding us throughout the process granting us the experience of what it would be like working at a company.

I took a couple of classes 10 years ago and LearningFuze went through all of that material in about a week. It's definitely an accelerated program but show that you are willing to put in the effort and you'll be able to get very far in the class.

• Stella H.  User Photo
    Stella H. • Student Verified via GitHub

This has been one of the best decisions I have made. After decided that I want to get into programming field, I had look up so many different bootcamps and finally decided to come here because of the amazing reviews and ratings they got. I am glad that I made this decision and now understand why they have got such high ratings. They definitely deserve it! It has been less than 3 months since I started this course, but I can now code programs that I can never have imagined before by using JavaScript, HTML, CSS, React, Redux, php, Node.js and MySQL. The curriculum is well put together, and we got many chances to practice our skills by doing solo and group projects.

The most amazing thing to me is all the instructors here are very knowledgeable and are always there to help. Everyone tries to create a friendly and fun learning environment. LFZ staff not only help us to learn and grow, they also help us to prepare for the job hunting process which is crucial to me because I don't have much prior working experience.  We were taught about resume building, interview skills, whiteboard and portfolio building. This class really worth every penny I spent. I will recommend it to anyone who is interested in getting into programming.

• Sasha Dykun  User Photo
    Sasha Dykun • Graduate Verified via GitHub

If someone told me 1 year ago that I would be a Web Developer I would laugh very loudly.

But the life turned that way that I stepped my foot at the door of LearningFuze.

It was one of the best choices in my life done so far.

I have literally dived into learning and exploring the new world for me. And I had great people around me - my classmates and my teachers.

Dan, our principal teacher, seemed very strict and demanding, but then I understood that if you want to reach some goal you need somebody who can push you in the right direction.

I am grateful that I could get advise, recommendation and as well criticism to continue my work and become better and broaden my knowledge.

Dan, Cody, Tim, Scott, Andy and Brett were the guys who showed me with their example that I can reach my goal and become a Web Developer. Yes, it was hard, sometimes it seemed impossible , sometimes it was scary but it ALWAYS was interesting and inspiring.

They always were there for us, they were a team and at the same time each of them stood out with individual scope of distinctive characteristics. If you got stuck, just ask them - answer or the way to answer will be right there coming from those guys. I believe it's one more thing that makes this school great - diversity of characters and minds that complement one another and people who really help you on your journey.

I'm grateful to Bill, who helped me to get great first impression about the school and to TJ who is LearningFuze Career Department adviser, for his honest desire to help alumni to get their dream job and to give a tip on how to do it in the best manner.

When you get more knowledge and power to create code and then make your thoughts live on the screen you understand it's magic and you can do it.

Thank you LearningFuze for this time I've spent with you!

I would recommend this school to everyone who wants to reach their goal and become Web Developer and everyone who is not afraid of getting a lot of great pieces of knowledge in such a short period of time but with a high efficiency and good people around.