learningfuze-logo

LearningFuze

Irvine, Online, Online, Orange County, Orange County

LearningFuze

LearningFuze offers a full immersion, 12-week web development bootcamp through live, virtual classrooms and in Irvine and Orange County, California. Students learn full-stack front and back end development including HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript/jQuery, PHP, MySQL, React, Git/GitHub, Node.JS, Bootstrap, and Firebase. Students are taught by live instructors and get support throughout the course, including problem-solving skills, essential workplace and interviewing skills, and programmer mindset training. The program doesn't require a degree or professional programming experience but does require that students have the right qualities as well as a dedication to learning and making a full-time commitment. Discounts, payment plans, and student loans which can also be used for living expenses are available. The full immersion program includes a 2-week prep class and a 12-week in-person course. After graduation, students will continue to be plugged into LearningFuze through the alumni network and the included job-search assistance. LearningFuze also offers a part-time intro course on nights and weekends.

Recent LearningFuze Reviews: Rating 4.99

all (176) reviews for LearningFuze →

Recent LearningFuze News

Read all (37) articles about LearningFuze →
  • Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp

Start Date July 13, 2020
    LocationOnline, Orange County
    The 12 week full immersion program is currently being offered in our live virtual classroom and teaches those technologies most in need in the marketplace with a heavy focus on JavaScript and the LAMP stack to become full stack web developers at the conclusion. Our full immersion program is taught in a live classroom format by an experienced team of full-time instructors, staff & career services department. The curriculum has been honed to provide the technical skills to compete for a job in the marketplace and so that graduates can learn any chosen technology. In addition, the program focuses on the soft skills related to web development so that students not only have a polished portfolio of projects but the presentation and interview skills to effectively compete in the marketplace. In summary, students learn by doing with the support of instructors that have been successful commercial developers for many years.
    Deposit$250 Seat Reservation
    Lending partner available: SkillsFund and
    ISA (Income Share Agreement).
    Contact us for more information
    Tuition PlansPlease check our website for discounts. We also offer financing through Skills Fund and an ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Refund / GuaranteeProrated within the first week of the program
    Scholarship$12,305 average tuition after scholarships, discounts & credits are applied. Visit https://learningfuze.com/faq#/discounts for a complete list and contact us with any questions.
    Minimum Skill LevelIt is important for students to have taken the initiative to learn on their own with specific recommendations outlined on the LearningFuze application pagehttp://learningfuze.com/full-immersion-application-guide/
    Prep WorkStudents that have reserved their seat take the Root Level 1 class for free as well as the Root JS class which is strongly recommended.
    July 13, 2020 - Orange County
  • Part Time Web Development Program

Start Date August 1, 2020
    LocationOrange County
    Live instruction with the option to participate in-person or remotely. A curriculum designed to make students development and employment ready based on the full immersion program. The Part-Time Comprehensive program is tailored to students who are looking for a part time alternative to the full immersion program, and is designed to deliver the same content and intensity of the full immersion program, but with the flexibility to take the program over time, in steps or “modules” based on their schedule. Additionally, students looking for skills and knowledge in a particular technical area but not necessarily all 5 modules can simply choose to take an individual module of their choice rather than each module sequentially. Students can also choose to specific modules or "Tracks" related to Front End Development (Modules 1,2 and 3), Back End Development (1,2 and 4) or Full Stack (1,2,3 and 4). The 5th module is optional for those students looking for career services. Simply apply and ensure you are ready to get the most out of the instruction. Of course, whether taking an individual module or two or working through all of the modules, the program is all about the practical skills of development by building numerous full scale projects in a work like environment led by seasoned instructors!
    DepositNone
    We offer financing through our lending partners SkillsFund
    Refund / Guarantee$500 discount for Module 1
    ScholarshipPlease check our website for scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelNo prior experience necessary
    Prep WorkRecommendations on each module
    August 1, 2020 - Orange County
  • Prep Course

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, Front End
    Start Date July 11, 2020
    LocationOrange County
    The Prep Course is a 2-week remote/in-class web development training program built for beginners that want to learn how to code and are considering a path to becoming professional developers. The course is designed to prepare students for the full immersion or part time programs.
    DepositNone required
    Skills Fund, ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Minimum Skill LevelSome understanding of HTML and CSS and ability to effectively navigate a computer
    July 11, 2020 - Orange County
  • Remote Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp

Start Date October 5, 2020
    Live, Remote Instruction led by Professional Engineers Engaging Virtual Community with Speakers, Job Fair, and Student Events Same Full-Immersion Curriculum for those that want to Learn Remotely Seasoned Senior Instructors Largest Employer Network Comprehensive Career Services Extensive Instructional Team Low Student-to-Teacher Ratio Curriculum Focused on most In-Demand Technologies Curriculum Developed in Collaboration with Employers
    Tuition Planshttps://learningfuze.com/faq#/financial-options
  • UI/UX Design Course

HTML, Digital Marketing, Design, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    Start Date August 8, 2020
    LocationOrange County, Irvine
    Flexible, Modular Approach - This modular or part time program is tailored for students looking for professional skills in design. It is constructed for those that are currently working or have personal obligations that a part time program accommodates. Class Structure and Learning - Each module is comprised of an in-depth 12 week curriculum built by industry professionals that allows students to gain the skills in both User Experience and User Interface to enter the industry professionally. Class sessions take place 3 days a week where students will gain a strong, practical understanding of how to create intuitive designs based on user wants utilizing powerful designs tools such as Adobe XD, Figma and Invision. Projects and Portfolio - Students will learn through a deliberate, practiced approach by working through relevant exercises and creating real world projects led by seasoned industry professionals. Students will learn what it takes to design professionally whether pursuing a career in design or adding serious value to current skills.
    DepositNone
    Prep WorkProvided upon registratrion
    August 8, 2020 - Orange County
  • Soren Baird  User Photo
    Soren Baird • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I am very thankful that I chose to come to LearningFuze. Five months ago, I left a job in HR, with hardly any technical background. And now, I just started my first job as a web developer. LearningFuze accelerated my ability to successfully transition to a new career. Though there is still a ton that I don't know, I am surprised and how much I was able to learn in 3-months. More than anything else, LearningFuze laid the foundation to continue learning and have categories to place that new information.

There are a lot of things I could say, but I'll focus on two major strengths that stand out to me about LearningFuze:
    1. Post-Graduation Support
    2. Job Support

Post-Graduation Support: I've had the experience at other schools of being cut-off from the community as soon as you graduate. This was not at all the case with LearningFuze. They have a dedicated room for Alumni and I always felt welcomed. After graduation, the staff continued to invest time and energy into me, my portfolio, and my job search. If you continue to invest the time and effort, LearningFuze will continue to invest the time and effort until you find your first web developer job.

Job Support: LearningFuze provides amazing networking opportunities and job support. Because they have been around for multiple years and have an established staff, they have strong connections with companies in the greater Orange County area. These connections will often be the foot in the door for a new developer. I want to give a specific shout out to TJ Kinion. TJ does an amazing job of getting to know students, informing students about job opportunities, connecting students to networking events, and providing resume and interview guidance. I owe much of my current opportunity to his work and support.

If you are looking to restart your career, and you want to pursue Web Development in Orange County, I highly recommend this program.

Feel free to check out my LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/in/soren-baird

• Jeffrey Pau  User Photo
    Jeffrey Pau • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am currently half-way through the 12 week full immersion program, and I love it.

So why did I describe LFZ (Learning Fuze) with those three words? Allow me to explain.

Intense. Learning Fuze is going to be one of the biggest commitments you will make in your life. You will get out of this program just as much as you put into it. That said, there are great instructors here always willing to help that make your life so much easier. I'm by no means the hardest worker here, but I can see so much improvement in not just myself but all of those around me that is unparalleled to anything I've seen in any colleges.

Family. When you come to LFZ, you are committing yourself to over 12 weeks of 10-14 hour days here. All of the staff and all of your cohort buddies become your family. You build bonds with them second only to your own relatives.

Fun. Despite the fact that you will be drowning in things you can learn, it won't stop you from having the time of your life. I have enjoyed these 6 weeks beyond measure and I know it will only become more so as I continue in this program.

If you are reading this review and aren't sure if LFZ would be the right fit for you, the question you really should be asking yourself is "How much am I willing to invest into this?". If you are enthusiastic about programming and are willing to invest the time, this is the right place for you and I wouldn't wait to come here!

• Matt Geller  User Photo
    Matt Geller • Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze took me from my first taste of web development, through building my own live website, to support during my job hunt. The curriculum starts out with regular assignments and lectures. Later, the structure of the class becomes more typical of what you would see in a real-world development environment: project focused, working both individually and in teams. Through it all, there is plenty of support available from the instructors.

Just a few weeks after the end of official instruction, I was hired as a web developer thanks to a connection I made through TJ, one of the instructors. One of the first things I noticed at my new job was that I already felt comfortable in a working development environment. LearningFuze was able to emulate that environment so faithfully that I entered my new job already with a sense of how the day-to-day proceedings worked.

Definitely the best investment I’ve ever made!

• Austin Violette  User Photo
    Austin Violette • Application Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I just recently graduated from learningfuze and without a doubt I can say it was the best learning experience of my life. Before the program I was pursuing my degree in Computer Science and working as a junior developer for a family owned company. I found little enjoyment in my work because I had almost no knowledge in programming. Learningfuze helped me to develop skills in html/css/js/react/node/php. Now, not only do I enjoy programming because I'm finally capable of writing complete code, but I also enjoy learning in general. Learningfuze taught me how to learn like a developer and take creative approaches to problem solving. I feel much more confident in pursuing my degree and expanding my programming knoledge.

As for the instructors of learningfuze.

Bill, Dan, Scott, Andy, and Collette are the reason I was successful in this program. They all have an unbelievable passion for programing and love to help others. No matter how much a student stuggles in the course, they will always go out of their way to ensure the student catches up and has a firm grasp on the subject.

I would recommend learningfuze to anyone who enjoys a challenge and truly wants to pursue their career as a programmer.

• Joshua Huber  User Photo
    Joshua Huber • Frontend Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Here is the truth.  It's all about you!

Are you self motivated?  Are you willing to do everything in your power to succeed?  Are you willing to shut out all external distractions (facebook, friends).  Do you have the full support of your family?  Can you afford to live 4-6 months (3 months bootcamp/1-3 job search) without income?  Do you understand that you will have to hustle even after the bootcamp?  Are you ready for a complete life changing experience?

If the answer is no stop.  Save your money.  Move on.

If the answer is YES continue reading.

Dan, Bill and company are amazing!  They will be there as early as you want (6am no problem).  As late as you need (midnight or lock the door after you leave).  They will let you in on the weekends.  Their program is always evolving to meet new technology standards.  They work hard to provide you with everything possible to help you succeed.

I've never ever seen the kind of dedication lead instructor Daniel has for his students.  He has literally spent 12hrs+ everyday for years to help motivated students learn.  Dan is extremely passionate about development and even more passionate about helping people.

I was not the best developer in my cohort (middle of the pack at best).  All I had was hustle, hardwork and a smile.  I recived two job offers within 4 months of starting the bootcamp.

Believe the hype.

Learning Fuze is the real deal.

Are you?

• Donald J Tran  User Photo
    Donald J Tran • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

What sets LearningFuze apart from the other boot camps is how well connected they are in the job market. The Director of Operations, Bill, knows just about every tech-related person in Orange County. No matter what industry you’re coming from, you know that networking is the key to finding a job. Bill leverages his connections to help you find that job after you graduate.

Another thing that sets LearningFuze apart from other boot camps is the culture. Where most bootcamps have classes that start and end at a specific time, LearningFuze keeps their doors open for as long as you need. The Lead Instructor Dan really invests his time into you and makes sure you truly understand the concepts being taught. His resolve has fostered a culture where students are often coming in early and staying late to get the extra help. Our cohort came in at 8am and left at 10pm every weekday, and about 5 hours on Saturday. The LearningFuze instructors matched our time spent, and even came in at 630am to offer “zero period” lectures twice a week. The fact they were there with us 13-16 hours a day goes to show the level of dedication of the LearningFuze staff.

Beyond Dan and Bill, there are a plethora of resources available for you at LearningFuze.  Senior instructors are there to mentor you on your projects and offer you tidbits from their pools of immense wisdom.  Junior instructors help you tackle your issues, and really invest their own time to learn better ways they could teach and help you be well-equipped for your career.  Guest speakers from various companies come in almost bi-weekly to provide stories about what makes a successful career, how to present yourself in an interview, pitfalls to avoid on your resume, or just random insight on the tech industry.

The most successful students are the ones who put in the most time. Dedication, not skill is what makes a successful bootcamp graduate.  If you put in the time, so will the LearningFuze staff. You'll never feel yourself in a position where things are moving too slow. My best advice would be to find a small group of people willing to commit 12 hours a day to code, and just do it. Passion and determination are contagious, and soon your whole cohort will follow suit. It's much easier to learn in an environment where everyone else is willing to put in the time, like you. After all, that's why you're looking for a boot camp, right? If you could learn coding all on our own, you wouldn't be here reading this review and looking into bootcamps.

Here are some tips from a graduate who got an offer less than 10 days after his first application:

• Be ready to spend 12 hours a day, 65 hours a week coding.  The more polished your projects are when you complete them, the less polish you’ll have to do post-graduation.  This is a time investment; let your post-graduation time be spent focusing on applications and interviews.
    • Cut off all unnecessary distractions.  Deactivate your facebook, mute your group chats, change your social media passwords, unsubscribe from all news, uninstall your games.
    • Cut back on all responsibilities.  Cancel your gym membership, tell your significant other you'll be spending less time with each other, drop all your hobbies.  You have plenty of time to catch up on all of these later when you celebrate your offer.
    • Treat every day like it’s an interview.  Your instructors and peers are your references; you being a hard-worker will definitely make them more inclined to see you succeed.
    • From Week 1 Day 1 all your projects are “production-level”, aka your Github is your resume.  If the Past-You builds good habits early on and learns what is best practice to write clean code, your Future-You (and prospective employers) won’t be as confused when you go back and comment your code from 3 months ago.
    • Do NOT stop your good habits after you graduate.  The worst thing you could do for yourself is take a vacation.  Keep the momentum rolling because you definitely won’t be sharp for any interviews if you’ve allowed any of those 3 months of knowledge crammed into your brain to leak out.

This is a life-changing 6 months (1 month prep, 3 month course, 2 months portfolio and applications).  Learn as much as you can now and get your dream job.  You dont have to go as hardcore as me, but understand that the more time you put into your education now while you're at LearningFuze, the better jumpstart you'll have for your career.

• AO  User Photo
    AO • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

If you're a recent college graduate who is having a difficult time finding a place to gain experience. Take some time to look into this program. It's been 12 weeks and I can confidently say that all the time I've spent here has taught me new set of skills that I'm can't help but be grateful for.

The lead instructor Dan is very knowledgeable. There have been countless times where my logic has been challenged to allow me to gain more perspective on how to approach and solve problems. At the end of the day, the long hours spent here boiled down to stregthening my logic and collaborating within an atmosphere where we can apply our problem-solving abilities.

The program is going to be difficult, but if you're ready for the dive, be prepared to be exhausted during multiple stages of the experience. You'll be happy that you worked hard.

• Great program!
    - 3/29/2017
    Sloan Tash  User Photo
    Sloan Tash • Junior Web Developer / Creative Engineer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze gives its students a wonderful opportunity. It is still up to the student to grab it and run with it, but who could ask for more? Dan is a wealth of knowledge and a patient teacher. You truly can get out as much as you put in. The real-world setting is really paying off in the workplace, as I already have experience with many aspects of life as a web developer beyond just coding. In addition, the ratio of students to instructors is fantastic and help is always just a question away.

With their assistance, I was able to get a job quickly after graduating, and even now that I'm out of the program, Dan checks in on me regularly to make sure everything is going well. I'm sure that if I encounter any challenges,the team at LFZ would all be available to me as an ongoing resource.

Thanks, LearningFuze!!!!

• Yrenia Y  User Photo
    Yrenia Y • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I had a great experience at LearningFuze learning web development. I was doing graphic/web design originally and had wanted to delve deeper into the development side. The curriculum focuses on teach a set of core programming languages before splitting into front-end and back-end technologies. I enjoyed how project-based the curriculum was and the applications that you get to develop really help you to hone your skills and allow you to learn how to build fairly sophisticated and polished apps. The program is very fast paced and intense and you have to put in a lot of effort and work to learn the material in 3 months time. Although regular hours are from 10-6pm,the facility stays open after hours and many students stay late (8 or 9pm) to continue working on practice problems and projects.The instructors here are smart and knowledgeable about web development and know their material really well. Dan, the lead instructor, is very passionate and dedicated to teaching and usually will stay late to answer questions and help out students. LearningFuze also provides job assistance once the program is done to aid you in your job hunt. You are encouraged to come back and continue learning, and I came back several times after graduation to listen to lectures again and get help with improving my projects and portfolio.They will make sure that your portfolio is polished and completed, and once ready, introduce you to their network of contacts. This was very helpful for me as I find the job search to be a frustrating and drawn out process. With their help, I was able to find a job at a startup company working as a programmer.

So advice for potential students?

-Before coming, make sure you can fully dedicate yourself to learning web development for 3 months. This program is intense and will take up all of your energy and time.

-Don't fall behind on assignments/ projects. The material is cumulative and builds up quickly

-If you need help with anything, just ask!

- Come to one of LFZ's info sessions and talk to the instructors and students there to make sure this program will meet your needs.

• TL  User Photo
    TL • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Coming from a non-technological background, it was a big relief for me that Learningfuze caters people who have or have not had experience.

Things I really appreciate about LF:

-The course is 12 weeks, but you also get two weeks of additional class that will prepare you for the basic such as HTML and CSS.

-During and near the end of your time, someone will be there to help you assemble your resume and assist you in the job search.

-You will be given the opportunity to choose if you want to go back-end or front-end, but they don't limit you if you want to learn both.

-Advanced topics are offered to anyone who is willing to come early on Tuesdays and Thursday mornings before regular instruction begins.

-Alot of guest speakers (past students and professionals in the field) are invited, which provide great opportunities for you to network.

The curriculum is focued on learning the principles of computer programming, which to me was more important than just memorizing code. They will teach you how to approach solutions, and place an emphasis on learning the logic behind it. The course is tough, and you will need to be self-disciplined if you want to succeed. Noone will be here to hold your hand, but they will be here if you ask for help! Be ready to feel vulnerable, but it will eventually make you a better programmer. You get more out of the program, than just learning how to code. You also learn how to ask better questions, as well as learn that its ok to not know everything. If you do join Learningfuze, you will find yourself surrounded by funny, helpful, and passionate people who truly love what they do.

• Tarun • Graduate
    If you're looking to start a career in software development the full immersion at LearningFuze is the way to go. You've probably heard that "Bootcamps are a thing of the past and you've already missed the wave because the software development field is oversaturated". While some of this may be true, if you become a good developer and have a real passion to code you'll land a job and LearningFuze can get you there as long as you're willing to put the work in. They've helped me more than I can imagine, and even after graduation it never felt like I was alone. Doing this program won't instantly guarantee you a job, but it will lay out a step-by-step path for you to follow. They will overwhelm you with resources, it's just up to you if you wan't to take advantage of it.
  • Study From Home
    - 6/4/2020
    Todd S • Student
    When I initially signed up for LearningFuze, the curriculum was scheduled for in-person instruction.  However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we switched to studying from home.  The LearningFuze staff adapted and has still provided an exceptional learning experience.  Instructors are available from 10am-8pm (and even outside those hours!).  The work-like environment has been a great introduction for someone like me who is new to the tech industry.  The instructors are passionate and motivated to teach.  The information is delivered succinctly and efficiently, while still encouraging individual curiosity (which is important for a career in development).