learningfuze-logo

LearningFuze

Irvine, Online, Online, Orange County, Orange County

LearningFuze

LearningFuze offers a full immersion, 12-week web development bootcamp through live, virtual classrooms and in Irvine and Orange County, California. Students learn full-stack front and back end development including HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript/jQuery, PHP, MySQL, React, Git/GitHub, Node.JS, Bootstrap, and Firebase. Students are taught by live instructors and get support throughout the course, including problem-solving skills, essential workplace and interviewing skills, and programmer mindset training. The program doesn't require a degree or professional programming experience but does require that students have the right qualities as well as a dedication to learning and making a full-time commitment. Discounts, payment plans, and student loans which can also be used for living expenses are available. The full immersion program includes a 2-week prep class and a 12-week in-person course. After graduation, students will continue to be plugged into LearningFuze through the alumni network and the included job-search assistance. LearningFuze also offers a part-time intro course on nights and weekends.

Recent LearningFuze Reviews: Rating 4.99

all (173) reviews for LearningFuze →

Recent LearningFuze News

Read all (36) articles about LearningFuze →
  • Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp

LocationOnline, Orange County
    The 12 week full immersion program is currently being offered in our live virtual classroom and teaches those technologies most in need in the marketplace with a heavy focus on JavaScript and the LAMP stack to become full stack web developers at the conclusion. Our full immersion program is taught in a live classroom format by an experienced team of full-time instructors, staff & career services department. The curriculum has been honed to provide the technical skills to compete for a job in the marketplace and so that graduates can learn any chosen technology. In addition, the program focuses on the soft skills related to web development so that students not only have a polished portfolio of projects but the presentation and interview skills to effectively compete in the marketplace. In summary, students learn by doing with the support of instructors that have been successful commercial developers for many years.
    Deposit$250 Seat Reservation
    Lending partner available: SkillsFund and
    ISA (Income Share Agreement).
    Contact us for more information
    Tuition PlansPlease check our website for discounts. We also offer financing through Skills Fund and an ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Refund / GuaranteeProrated within the first week of the program
    Scholarship$12,305 average tuition after scholarships, discounts & credits are applied. Visit https://learningfuze.com/faq#/discounts for a complete list and contact us with any questions.
    Minimum Skill LevelIt is important for students to have taken the initiative to learn on their own with specific recommendations outlined on the LearningFuze application pagehttp://learningfuze.com/full-immersion-application-guide/
    Prep WorkStudents that have reserved their seat take the Root Level 1 class for free as well as the Root JS class which is strongly recommended.
  • Part Time Comprehensive Program

LocationOrange County
    Live instruction with the option to participate in-person or remotely. A curriculum designed to make students development and employment ready based on the full immersion program. The Part-Time Comprehensive program is tailored to students who are looking for a part time alternative to the full immersion program, and is designed to deliver the same content and intensity of the full immersion program, but with the flexibility to take the program over time, in steps or “modules” based on their schedule. Additionally, students looking for skills and knowledge in a particular technical area but not necessarily all 5 modules can simply choose to take an individual module of their choice rather than each module sequentially. Students can also choose to specific modules or "Tracks" related to Front End Development (Modules 1,2 and 3), Back End Development (1,2 and 4) or Full Stack (1,2,3 and 4). The 5th module is optional for those students looking for career services. Simply apply and ensure you are ready to get the most out of the instruction. Of course, whether taking an individual module or two or working through all of the modules, the program is all about the practical skills of development by building numerous full scale projects in a work like environment led by seasoned instructors!
    DepositNone
    We offer financing through our lending partners SkillsFund
    Refund / Guarantee$500 discount for Module 1
    ScholarshipPlease check our website for scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelNo prior experience necessary
    Prep WorkRecommendations on each module
  • Root JS Prep Class

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
    LocationOrange County
    For those that want to learn the practical, fundamental skills related to JavaScript. It is a two week course 3 times per week and about 15 hours per week with work done at home. Students will learn the core concepts to make applications dynamic. It is for those that want to take that initial step toward understanding development using the key language of the web or the first step in becoming a developer. Students will learn loops, variables, functions and more.
    Tuition PlansSkills Fund, ISA (Income Share Agreement)
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML and CSS
    Prep WorkSee LearningFuze part time courses
  • Root Level I Prep Class

HTML, Git, CSS, Front End
    LocationOrange County, Irvine
    Root Level 1 is a 2-week remote/in-class web development training program built for beginners that want to learn how to code and are considering a path to becoming professional developers
    DepositNone required
    Skills Fund, ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Minimum Skill LevelSome understanding of HTML and CSS and ability to effectively navigate a computer
  • UI/UX Design Course

HTML, Digital Marketing, Design, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    LocationOrange County, Irvine
    Flexible, Modular Approach - This modular or part time program is tailored for students looking for professional skills in design. It is constructed for those that are currently working or have personal obligations that a part time program accommodates. Class Structure and Learning - Each module is comprised of an in-depth 12 week curriculum built by industry professionals that allows students to gain the skills in both User Experience and User Interface to enter the industry professionally. Class sessions take place 3 days a week where students will gain a strong, practical understanding of how to create intuitive designs based on user wants utilizing powerful designs tools such as Adobe XD, Figma and Invision. Projects and Portfolio - Students will learn through a deliberate, practiced approach by working through relevant exercises and creating real world projects led by seasoned industry professionals. Students will learn what it takes to design professionally whether pursuing a career in design or adding serious value to current skills.
    DepositNone
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginner/Novice
    Prep WorkProvided upon registratrion
  • Sam S  User Photo
    Sam S • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I enrollled at Learning Fuze after considering many other bootcamps in the LA / Orange County area and could not be more satisfied with my decision. While making a career change can be daunting, the dedicated instructors, motivated peers and thorough curriculum at LFZ give its students the confidence to tackle that challenge head-on.

I initially chose LFZ because of the passion and teaching style of its lead instructor, Dan Paschal. I attended an info session and was impressed by Dan's attention to detail, patience and ability to make abstract programming concepts accessible to non-technical laymen. Once I started the program, I appreciated Dan's thorough instruction and commitment to his students all the more.

Learning Fuze also offers introductory 'root' classes as a part of its full-immersion program. I felt the opportunity to take a month of entry-level classes to become more familiar with programming was a great asset and helped me prepare prior to the start of the full-time class.

The full-immersion curriculum is incredibly well thought-out. The instructors and program directors at LFZ tailor their instruction to cover relevant technologies. Students cement their knowledge from lectures by creating many applications over the 12-week program period. Team projects allow students to gain experience with important tools and methodologies like Agile scrum, GitHub and Issue and Project Tracking.

Learning Fuze fosters an environment for life-long learning and collaboration. The facility hosts meetups and alumni speaking events on a variety of topics. Peers motivate each other to push themselves and achieve goals. Intellectualy curiosity is encouraged; no question will go unanswered and instructors are available to assist students on a one-on-one basis. Alumni are also welcome to return any time after graduation, whether for instruction, a quiet work environment or just to hang out with their peers.

I would highly reccomend Learning Fuze to anyone looking for a program that will prepare them to pursue a career in programming. Participating in their full-immersion program provided me with a solid fullstack JS, HTML and CSS foundation, the tools essential to succeeding in the field and and a number of strong friendships.

• Li Zhang  User Photo
    Li Zhang • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Deciding on making a major career switch wasn't something easy.  Deciding on enrolling into LearningFuse was.

When I first interviewed with Bill, the Director of Operations at LearningFuze, I expressed my eager to experience how to team up with other brilliant developers for group projects, and hoped to gain valuable insight into how the Web development industry operates. Looking back, I can say without reservation that I got all that I've initially desired, and much more.

As was already mentioned in many other reviews, LFZ has a team of excellent, excellent instructors to help students succeed, and they are always there for us. Once I learned how to ask the right questions, I found myself moving forward with an amazing pace. I cannot count how many times a quick chat with an instructor helped me turn the corner -- Andy, Cody, Collette, you are all amazing!  Thank you so much for always showing me the light!  Then once a solid foundation was built, I was welcomed into the well-structured lectures by Scott on advanced topics, and honestly, words cannot describe how much joy I have felt while learning something new every day in his classroom.  Much respect.

One important aspect that sets LearningFuze apart is the support system they provide post-graduation. After finishing the 12-week full immersion program, I continued to go to the Alumni room to improve my skills and working on projects.  It is invaluable to have a knowledgeable, patient, and highly detail-oriented instructor like Tim, who dives deeply into my projects and always finds something "could be better" in my code, so that I will re-think and then improve. It was actually on the 39th day post-graduation that I finally received Tim's stamp of approval on all my projects and portfolio.  It may seem like a long period of time, but I have to say that it was a very enjoyable journey and well worth it.  Doing all the hard work to improve the projects allowed all the previously learned knowledge to precipitate and solidify as my *own* skill set, and in the end made me a better developer.

Coding aside, LearningFuze provides amazing networking opportunities and job support. Bill and TJ Kinion not only organize various networking events for us to meet potential employers, learn from alumni’s success, and catch up with current tech advancements, they also make time for individual students to help their job hunt.  I want to give a special shout out to TJ. I asked TJ for advice often (even when he was on his vacation in Greece) and had multiple mini-meetings with him to talk about various aspects of my job search.  He not only provided me with valuable resume building suggestions and interview guidance, but also in a broader sense influenced me with his always-so-positive attitude.  His positive spirit was a tremendous boost of energy that helped me through many things.  I will always be grateful for his assistance and support along the way.

Last but not least, I truly cherish the friendship I have harvested from this program. When you are in the trench with someone 60+ hours per week, you bond with them.  I was fortunate to work alongside some brilliant and passionate cohort mates.  Going into class with them motivated me to be better every day.  All those special memories I share with my cohort mates, the LearningFuze staff and many of the students make me smile from time to time.

A life-changing experience it was.

• Excellent program
    - 6/25/2018
    Brian  User Photo
    Brian • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

LearningFuze provides a well structured and detailed program taught by dedicated instructors. You will find that the instructors care about what they teach and will make sure that the students learn more than what is necessary to earn their role as a developer.

The front and backend stack change depending on the market demand which helps the job applications be more competitive. The job assistance program provided at the end of the program also provide help that is well worth what you pay for.

Just like being in school, the most important thing will be how much time and effort you put in to everything given to you, but if you put in the necessary time and work, it's all worth the effort.

• Jeff L  User Photo
    Jeff L • Student Verified via LinkedIn

LearningFuze is an amazing place to learn about coding, and it is definitely a school that TEACHES coding. The teachers here are amazing also. They help you anyway they can and explain in a way that you will understand. I came in not knowing more than how to check my email and facebook to being able to make games and I am currently designing an app as my final project. The wealth of knowledge the teachers have here is amazing, especially the head instructor Dan Paschal. There is ALWAYS someone able to help you and if you need extra help they make the time and effort for you. There is a deep amount of dedication needed to finish the program, but as long as you stick with it, and ask questions you will get alot out of the program. I highly recommend this place to start your career in software development here.

Their curriculum is extensive ranging from HTML5, CSS, Javascript, JSX, REACT, PHP, Node.js, MySQL and others

• Josh C.  User Photo
    Josh C. • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I've researched bootcamps for about three to four years, seen "high-salary guaruntee" bootcamps go under, and other well knowns be reputably sucessfull! In the end, I realized, I just needed to choose one place where I can learn practical hands-on code in "classroom" setting (bc that's how I learn best!). Finally, after a friend refered me to LearningFuze, I decided to end my search, choose this bootcamp, and run with it. To do this day, I believe I have made one of the best decisions of my life! I literally went from being confused with Javascript to building extensive web apps in React.JS! Something I only dreamed of doing! LearningFuze's full immersive environment and cirricucullum was really well structured that it enabled me to absord the hard skill of a developer! All of the instructors built up my hard skill of coding, which then coupling with my soft skills and previous work experience, was able to get me a job at an awesome tech company of dreams! Thank you, LFZ!

• Jeffrei Cher  User Photo
    Jeffrei Cher • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The learning environment at LearningFuze was what I enjoyed most at this program. I was surrounded by passionate classmates that shared the same focus as me and that was a huge factor for my success. The instructors here are always willing to help if you ask and the job preperation that they provide you with is more than enough to get you a job as long as you work hard at it. Overall, i've learned more than I even imagined in the 12 weeks that I was here. Thanks LearningFuze!

- 4/11/2018
    Collin Wong  User Photo
    Collin Wong • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

LeaningFuze helped me change my life and get my start as a Web Developer.

If you are willing to put in the time and effort, you can go from a person with zero or little experience to someone who can build applications from scratch. This program not only teaches you how to be code well by yourself but how to work as a team.

I highly recommend the program!

• Sangwoo Kim  User Photo
    Sangwoo Kim • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I recently graduated from Learning Fuze. I came from nothing. I had no programming experience at all before I came to Learning Fuze. But I just wanted to say that everyone can do it with Learning Fuze. Although this course is extremely comprehensive and intense, it is worth it.

You don't need any prior experience or any related education in order to success. However, you only need one thing. That is commitment. The hours of this program is 10am to 6pm. But I usually was at Learning Fuze 9am to 9pm everyday which is 12 hours a day. I even study when I get home. Friendly instrutors are always there to help you. Whenever you need help, all you need to do is ask questions. They will always be there to help you and will teach you until you understand.

You don't just learn how to code better from Learning Fuze. You will learn the culture of this industry. You will learn how to ask better questions and get right answers when you don't know. You will learn how to handle issues quickly. You will learn latest technologies.

It was really great experience.

• Jonathan  User Photo
    Jonathan • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I've been a student at LearningFuze for 2.5 months. I've nearly finished the program, and I have had an excellent experience thus far. The instructors provide a significant amount of lecture time, as well as projects that utilize the methods learned. In combination with my personal studies has provided an extremely solid base of CS knowledge and practice. In the past 3 months I have had nearly 800 hours of hands on coding time. The program requires a substantial time investment, and I've committed approximately 12-14 hours per day, five days per week, with about 6 hours or more on the weekends. This is an INTENSIVE and IMMERSIVE program, that is intended to take you from knowing nothing, to knowing enough to work in the development field. We train extensively on JavaScript, jQuery, MYSQL, ReactJS, NodeJS, PHP, as well as other frameworks. It is a lot of information. Be prepared to commit your life to it for 3 months. I've had a wonderful experience with Dan, Scott, Andy, Cody, Collette, and all the other staff/instructors. They are all very knowledgeable, and I feel prepared to go step onto a job after this. In addition to that, they provide a significant amount of help building and filling out a portfolio to demonstrate the coding capability that we developed in the program, and to build a resume that expresses our knowledge to potential employers. Overall, I would say that I had a positive experience and would recommend the program to anyone who can be committed to it.

• Chris  User Photo
    Chris • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Like most people I was in a job I didn't really care to much about, luckily I stumbled into programming and started self-teaching in preparation for attending a bootcamp. I wasn't sure which one I should attend though, some bootcamps have a stack that's all over the place or are brand new, I even saw a bootcamp for part-time, which after attending a full-immersion program I think it's impossible to do part time.

After doing my research, attending an info session, and meeting the lead instructor I decided on LearningFuze. This was easily the greatest learning experience I've had. The environment and curriculum really help with getting the basics down and then building on top of that so you'll never feel lost or behind. There are plenty of opportunities to practice what you've learned each day and then build on it. But like anything in life you get out of it what you put into it and this is work that requires you to put in a lot of effort. There were plenty of students in my cohort who regularly stayed till 8pm 9pm and even 10pm, but then again my cohort was Dope AF so there's that.  This requires your whole attention and dedication, the great part is there are plenty of instructors there to make sure they can answer any question you have and guide you in the right direction. Andy personally helped me on more occasions than I can count and quickly became one of my go to guys. I advise anyone who attends to ask as many questions as it takes to get the answer or until you understand, Dan the lead instructor and any of the other instructors are is ecstatic to answer any question you have to help you understand and make sure you get it. LearningFuze has a great track for after you graduate when you're out on the job hunt. Unlike most bootcamps LearningFuze will be there every step of the way to help you land a job from Application and Portfolio review, mock interviews, resume review, and job search tips. They even have employers they work, and they're actively looking for jobs they can setup you with too. If you follow the program, make sure you have a firm understanding, put in the work, and follow the career guidance there is no reason you should not land a job and start you career in programming.

• Chris Kim  User Photo
    Chris Kim • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I completed the 12 week course in December 2017 and what an intense exhilarating journey it was.  I wanted a career change from working in retail and I always had a knack for technology.  Coming in with no prior experience, I had a hard time trying to learning so many things so fast, but coming in everyday learning the material and practicing, practicing, and more practicing I never would have thought I could be where I am at today in my web developement process!  The staff is amazingly dedicated and so helpful! Dan, the lead teacher is literally there for 10-12 hours a day willing to help and Andy and Tim are really knowledgeable and are always happy to help you with any issues.  Since I have graduated Learning Fuze, TJ the program manager has helped be prepare my portfolio and go over my resume and I know I will be well prepared as I start looking for jobs in the real world later this month!

• Soren Baird  User Photo
    Soren Baird • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I am very thankful that I chose to come to LearningFuze. Five months ago, I left a job in HR, with hardly any technical background. And now, I just started my first job as a web developer. LearningFuze accelerated my ability to successfully transition to a new career. Though there is still a ton that I don't know, I am surprised and how much I was able to learn in 3-months. More than anything else, LearningFuze laid the foundation to continue learning and have categories to place that new information.

There are a lot of things I could say, but I'll focus on two major strengths that stand out to me about LearningFuze:
    1. Post-Graduation Support
    2. Job Support

Post-Graduation Support: I've had the experience at other schools of being cut-off from the community as soon as you graduate. This was not at all the case with LearningFuze. They have a dedicated room for Alumni and I always felt welcomed. After graduation, the staff continued to invest time and energy into me, my portfolio, and my job search. If you continue to invest the time and effort, LearningFuze will continue to invest the time and effort until you find your first web developer job.

Job Support: LearningFuze provides amazing networking opportunities and job support. Because they have been around for multiple years and have an established staff, they have strong connections with companies in the greater Orange County area. These connections will often be the foot in the door for a new developer. I want to give a specific shout out to TJ Kinion. TJ does an amazing job of getting to know students, informing students about job opportunities, connecting students to networking events, and providing resume and interview guidance. I owe much of my current opportunity to his work and support.

If you are looking to restart your career, and you want to pursue Web Development in Orange County, I highly recommend this program.

Feel free to check out my LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/in/soren-baird