learningfuze-logo

LearningFuze

Irvine, Online, Orange County

LearningFuze

LearningFuze offers a full immersion 12-week web development bootcamp and part-time hybrid online course in Irvine and Orange County, California. Students learn full-stack front and back end development including HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript/jQuery, PHP, MySQL, React, Git/GitHub, Node.JS, Bootstrap, and Firebase. Teaching includes problem-solving skills, essential workplace and interviewing skills, and programmer mindset training. The program doesn't require a degree or professional programming experience but does require that students have the right qualities as well as a dedication to learning and making a full-time commitment. Discounts, payment plans, and student loans which can also be used for living expenses are available. The full immersion program includes a 2-week prep class and a 12-week in-person course. After graduation, students will continue to be plugged in to LearningFuze through the alumni network and the included job-search assistance. LearningFuze also offers a part-time intro course on nights and weekends.

Recent LearningFuze Reviews: Rating 4.99

all (135) reviews for LearningFuze →

Recent LearningFuze News

Read all (31) articles about LearningFuze →
  • Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp

November 4, 2019
    Orange County
    The 12 week full immersion program teaches those technologies most in need in the marketplace with a heavy focus on JavaScript and the LAMP stack to become full stack web developers at the conclusion. The curriculum has been honed to provide the technical skills to compete for a job in the marketplace and so that graduates can learn any chosen technology. In addition, the program focuses on the soft skills related to web development so that students not only have a polished portfolio of projects but the presentation and interview skills to effectively compete in the marketplace. In summary, students learn by doing with the support of instructors that have been successful commercial developers for many years.
    $250 Seat Reservation
    Payment Plans Available for 12 months through the bootcamp and 3rd party lender (Skills Fund)
    Refund / Guarantee
    Prorated within the first week of the program
    $12,305 average tuition after scholarships, discounts & credits are applied. Visit https://learningfuze.com/faq#/discounts for a complete list and contact us with any questions.
    It is important for students to have taken the initiative to learn on their own with specific recommendations outlined on the LearningFuze application pagehttp://learningfuze.com/full-immersion-application-guide/
    Students that have reserved their seat take the Root Level 1 class for free as well as the Root JS class which is strongly recommended.
    November 4, 2019 - Orange County
  • Part Time Comprehensive Program

October 26, 2019
    Orange County
    Live instruction with the option to participate in-person or remotely. A curriculum designed to make students development and employment ready based on the full immersion program. The Part-Time Comprehensive program is tailored to students who are looking for a part time alternative to the full immersion program, and is designed to deliver the same content and intensity of the full immersion program, but with the flexibility to take the program over time, in steps or “modules” based on their schedule. Additionally, students looking for skills and knowledge in a particular technical area but not necessarily all 5 modules can simply choose to take an individual module of their choice rather than each module sequentially. Students can also choose to specific modules or "Tracks" related to Front End Development (Modules 1,2 and 3), Back End Development (1,2 and 4) or Full Stack (1,2,3 and 4). The 5th module is optional for those students looking for career services. Simply apply and ensure you are ready to get the most out of the instruction. Of course, whether taking an individual module or two or working through all of the modules, the program is all about the practical skills of development by building numerous full scale projects in a work like environment led by seasoned instructors!
    None

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
    October 19, 2019
    $95
    Orange County
    For those that want to learn the practical, fundamental skills related to JavaScript. It is a two week course 3 times per week and about 15 hours per week with work done at home. Students will learn the core concepts to make applications dynamic. It is for those that want to take that initial step toward understanding development using the key language of the web or the first step in becoming a developer. Students will learn loops, variables, functions and more.
    HTML and CSS
    See LearningFuze part time courses
    October 19, 2019 - Orange County
  • Root Level I Prep Class

HTML, Git, CSS, Front End
    October 19, 2019
    $95
    Orange County
    Root Level 1 is a 2-week remote/in-class web development training program built for beginners that want to learn how to code and are considering a path to becoming professional developers
    None required
    Some understanding of HTML and CSS and ability to effectively navigate a computer
    October 19, 2019 - Orange County

• Stephanie Burcombe  User Photo
    Stephanie Burcombe • Student Verified via GitHub

Coming from a background as an elementary school teacher and no formal coding exposure or experience, I had plenty of apprehensions about learning any kind of web development in such a short period of time.  I am in now in week 9 of the 12 week full immersion program. Looking back at the last 8 weeks of the program, I am in awe of what I have been able to learn and create. It has been quite a unique learning experience.

Some of the exceptional aspects:

1)Instructors

The instructors are what make Learning Fuze so exceptional.  As a student who was struggling to understand some of the most foundational concepts in the beginning, I found immense support during class time, on the weekend (whether it be through a Google Hangout or during the open hours on Saturday), and after class time during the week.  They are extremely knowledgeable and supportive and have been a vital resource in navigating my way into becoming a web developer.

2)Materials/Information/Access

Prior to the program, Learning Fuze provides a comprehensive guide to materials you should reference, read, and/or utilize before beginning the program. Their prep courses are a great introduction to the foundational concepts needed for web development and also give a small glimpse into what the full time program will be like, as well. In retrospect, it is easy for me to see that they have thoughtfully designed this to help students prepare for the full immersion program (particularly those of us who have no previous coding background). Additionally, the curriculum during the program is extremely comprehensive considering the short timeline.

Another great resource provided is job search support.  Starting from the first week, we have been provided with tips on creating our resume, LinkedIn profiles, interviewing practice, and hearing guest speakers from the industry. This aspect has been extremely beneficial and educational as I pursue this career change.

Some of the challenges:

1)Pace

When I first began researching bootcamps, I kept reading about the fast pace associated with an accelerated web development program but didn’t fully comprehend what that meant until I was a part of it.  The pace of the Learning Fuze bootcamp is faster than any educational environment I have experienced. The same day that you learn about a topic (or multiple topics), you are also coding a project to apply those skills.  This definitely could feel daunting and overwhelming at times but with the support of the instructors, it was manageable...still challenging, but manageable.

2)Workload/Time

While the technical class hours are Monday -Friday from 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., the studying time, practice exercises, and projects that need to be completed will easily require your focus and a time commitment of  7 days a week and about 12-14 hours a day (including the 10-6 time on Monday-Friday).

Overall, I am extremely pleased with my decision to choose Learning Fuze bootcamp as my school of choice to pursue a career in web development. As challenging as it has been, I have seen my abilities improve more than I could’ve imagined and I have grown even more passionate about building my coding abilities than before starting the program. Learning Fuze has been a great place to learn.

• Awesome Experience
    - 9/16/2015
    Cameron • Graduate

This is from the perspective of a current software engineering student.

In my classes at school we learn about a lot of different specific aspects of computer science, but not much of what we do has directly practical applications (at least so far, I'm starting my third year).

LearningFuze was great. For me it started off a little slow, although given that I've been studying logic, algorithms, and general programming practices for a few years, while pretty much everyone else had never written a line of code, that was to be expected. It picked up the pace very quickly and we started learning a lot of practical skills. One aspect I loved about the program was that it was completely project based. We were given simple practice problems about specific skills as we learned them, and once we had the necessary skills, we were given projects that utilized those skills.

The things I learned at LearningFuze I would not have ever learned at school, and I'm really glad I jumped on the oportunity to take this course. A week out of the program I already have an job as an independent contractor for a consulting firm. Also, the alumni network at LearningFuze is really good. The instructors, even after the program is over, are more than willing to help out with anything I need.

So, at the end of it all, I've already got a job, a sweet portfolio, and a lot of practical web development skills. I really enjoyed my time there and highly recommend this course to anyone wanting to learn web development, as long as they are willing to put the time in and sacrifice those 12 weeks, because it is a huge commitment.

• Howard • Graduate

I chose LearningFuze's full stack program because of their proficiency in javascript and php. However, the instructors do more than just teach you how to code. Rather, they teach you how to think like a programmer. Instead of giving you the answers, they teach you how to solve the problem and how to do it well. That alone made the experience worthwhile. To add to that, LearningFuze brings in highly experienced professionals from the field to give talks, advice, connections, and some training as well to equip junior developers for life in the industry.

My approach to programming problems changed drastically from the time I came in to the time I graduated. Whether you're completely new, or you've done a bit of coding before, there's plenty of benefits and learning experiences for everyone. I highly recommend considering LearningFuze for education in full stack web development.

• Darin • Student

Once I knew I wanted to become a web developer, I checked out a local bootcamp close to home, and as much as I liked it, I always have to compare before I make a decision, so I decided to check out LearningFuze.  I was so impressed by LearningFuze that I changed my entire plan, and instead of going to one 15 minutes away from my house in the state I lived in, I sold my house, quit my job, and moved states to Orange County to learn to code.  It was a completely life changing decision, but once I got here and started learning, and seeing what I was capable of, I knew i made the right choice.  Not only do they teach you the tools you'll need to became a successful web developer, but they also focus on preparing you for entering the workplace.

Anybody that's looking for a bootcamp, check out LearningFuze!  Especially if you're near the Orange County area!  But like me, even if you're not, still check it out and see how great they are!

• akwon • Front End Developer • Graduate

I came from an Art background and always had passion for tech. I just thought I would be working in the art field using a little bit of technology. However, everything changed my perspective after my friends told me about development and coding.

I started studying by myself using Codecademy, code school and some videos from Youtube. But I felt like there was still something missing and had a desire to fill the gap. That’s when I started looking more into coding bootcamps.

I spent a good amount of time researching the right bootcamp because I knew that I wanted to find the right one that will teach me the skills that I need to enter the industry. A few things that definitely confirmed my decision on taking the bootcamp at LearningFuze were, the program and how organized their schedules were by week. Everyone wants to learn as many languages as possible but we only have 12 weeks, and personally I think LearningFuze did great job on determining which languages to focus on within given time.

The second most important thing that I looked at were the instructors and the team members. I knew the program was gonna be intensive so I wanted to have the best people around me when I’m struggling. Dan, Eric and Fabian were the best instructors that I could ask for. They were always available for help (even at 2 in the morning) and I loved how patient they were with me. Developing could be really frustrating time to time, because it doesn’t always work the way I wanted to. But they really taught me to think like a developer. Plus every time I felt overwhelmed or doubtful about anything, Bill, the director of operations, was always open to talk to and really gave me good advice and guidance, which helped me tremendously to finish the program strong.

I believe this was the best decision that I have ever made and I’m so proud for pushing myself into doing this. I’ve been waiting to find a job first before I write a review but I can proudly say that my first job as a Front End Developer is starting next Monday!

Now I can be as creative as I want and super techie which combines my art background and technology together. Many many thanks to LearningFuze and the team for making this happen!

• Dedicated Staff
    - 7/16/2015
    Travis Ueki • Web Developer/Teaching Assistant • Graduate

My Name is Travis Ueki and I just graduated from LearningFuze in their 4th Cohort. If you are in the Orange County area and looking at potential bootcamps, you should consider LearningFuze. I will admit that I was skeptical of the whole "Pay us $10,000 and we will teach you to code" business model. I was pleasantly surprised at the dedication of the entire staff (instructor staff in particular). If you are looking to make a career change, LearningFuze will get you there. Fair warning, do not consider LearningFuze unless you are completely commited to becoming a web developer! If you are not 100% commited, the curriculum will be overwhelming. If you are and graduate, Bill is constantly speaking and networking with employers to ensure that graduates have the ability to explore opportunities that fit their employment goals. I highly recommend LearningFuze to the individual dedicated to a career change in software development.

• great opportunity
    - 7/15/2015
    Davis Liu • Frontend developer

Excellent atmosphere for not only learning but also vibrant and fun. Though the focus was certainly on development around specific technologies (with an emphasis on JavaScript) the program also provided instruction on the soft skills including resume review, white board interviewing as well as behavioural interviewing.  The instructors were completely dedicated to ensuring that we gained the skills necessary so at the conclusion of the bootcamp I was able to compete for a job in the market.  In fact, I landed a position within 2 months at a great salary with a view of the ocean to boot!  I could not be happier with the program and my choice.   They also welcomed and asked for feedback and worked to implement it quickly.  They clearly had a mindset of always looking to improve the experience and instruction. It was intense but well worth it!

I came from a non-technological background, it was a big relief for me that Learningfuze caters people who have no experience in the field of technology.

Things I really love about Learning-Fuze:

-During and near the end of your time, someone will be there to help you assemble your resume and assist you in the job search.

-You will be given the opportunity to choose if you want to go back-end or front-end, but they don't limit you if you want to learn both.

-The course is 12 weeks, but you also get two weeks of additional class that will prepare you for the basic such as HTML and CSS.

The curriculum is focused on learning the principles of computer programming, which to me was more important than just memorizing code. They will teach you how to approach solutions, and place an emphasis on learning the logic behind it. The course is tough, and you will need to be self-disciplined if you want to succeed. Noone will be here to hold your hand, but they will be here if you ask for help! Be ready to feel vulnerable, but it will eventually make you a better programmer. You get more out of the program, than just learning how to code. You also learn how to ask better questions, as well as learn that its ok to not know everything. If you do join Learningfuze, you will find yourself surrounded by funny, helpful, and passionate people who truly love what they do.

• Web Dev
    - 8/30/2016

I've had the privilege to go through LearningFuze's curriculum.

This review speaks to the prospective students of web dev bootcamps in this area.  This review assumes, on the part of such students, the obvious level of maturity and fortitude necessary for this kind of gruelling self torture and by extension, the availability of and willingness to sacrifice time, money, social life, marriage, your first born son, etc...

If you've been dabbling with the idea, have taken some steps on your own to learn web programming and have realized that you like this stuff but it will take you forever to learn it on your own, go to LearningFuze.

If you learn better and faster in a classroom environment, exchanging ideas with people, working with people on projects, asking questions 100x on stuff that you just don't get, go to LFZ.

If you need a structured curriculum with live lectures, documentations, practice problems, projects, a dedicated and knowledgeable group of instructors (who's there 7/8am - 9/10pm most days), go to LFZ.

If you need a structured job search process with resume reviews, mock interviews, even job search assignments, a dedicated career counselor, go to LFZ.

If you want access to the school, the material, the instructors, career advice after you've graduated and gotten a job, go to LFZ.

If you need industry insiders to come and give presentations, Q&A, recommendations, pep talks, almost on  a biweekly basis complete with beer and pizza, go to LFZ.

If you need to be able to work on your programming 8am - 10pm 7 days a week, go to LFZ.

If you need to be able to work on your programming 8am - 10pm and then sleep on their couch till 8am the next day, go to LFZ.

If you need a coding school that often pulls you aside to check on your progress and get your feed back, then incorporates it into their stuff, go to LFZ.

If you want to just go to tech meet ups, free sessions on javascript coding, etc...go to LFZ.

If you're worried about the bottom line, it's the cheapest in the area.  And, given the enormity of value you get for your money, it's probably unbeatable in soCal.

Comma splices are awesome.

• Duy N • Graduate

If you’re passionate about programming and/or serious about becoming a developer, then LearningFuze is the right place for you. You’ll learn so much about web development during the course of the program. It won’t be easy but if you have the determination, then nothing can stop you.
    The instructors at LearningFuze are very friendly and helpful. They will stay late after class to help you with questions and concerns. After the program, there’s also help available with portfolio building and job hunting.
    I was an accounting, but now I’m a web developer. I’m very happy with where I am right now