learningfuze-logo

LearningFuze

Irvine, Online, Orange County, Orange County

LearningFuze

LearningFuze offers a full immersion 12-week web development bootcamp and part-time hybrid online course in Irvine and Orange County, California. Students learn full-stack front and back end development including HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript/jQuery, PHP, MySQL, React, Git/GitHub, Node.JS, Bootstrap, and Firebase. Teaching includes problem-solving skills, essential workplace and interviewing skills, and programmer mindset training. The program doesn't require a degree or professional programming experience but does require that students have the right qualities as well as a dedication to learning and making a full-time commitment. Discounts, payment plans, and student loans which can also be used for living expenses are available. The full immersion program includes a 2-week prep class and a 12-week in-person course. After graduation, students will continue to be plugged in to LearningFuze through the alumni network and the included job-search assistance. LearningFuze also offers a part-time intro course on nights and weekends.

Recent LearningFuze Reviews: Rating 4.99

all (151) reviews for LearningFuze →

Recent LearningFuze News

Read all (32) articles about LearningFuze →
  • Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp

Start Date February 17, 2020
    LocationOrange County
    The 12 week full immersion program teaches those technologies most in need in the marketplace with a heavy focus on JavaScript and the LAMP stack to become full stack web developers at the conclusion. The curriculum has been honed to provide the technical skills to compete for a job in the marketplace and so that graduates can learn any chosen technology. In addition, the program focuses on the soft skills related to web development so that students not only have a polished portfolio of projects but the presentation and interview skills to effectively compete in the marketplace. In summary, students learn by doing with the support of instructors that have been successful commercial developers for many years.
    Deposit$250 Seat Reservation
    Lending partner available: SkillsFund and
    ISA (Income Share Agreement).
    Contact us for more information
    Tuition PlansPlease check our website for discounts. We also offer financing through Skills Fund and an ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Refund / GuaranteeProrated within the first week of the program
    Scholarship$12,305 average tuition after scholarships, discounts & credits are applied. Visit https://learningfuze.com/faq#/discounts for a complete list and contact us with any questions.
    Minimum Skill LevelIt is important for students to have taken the initiative to learn on their own with specific recommendations outlined on the LearningFuze application pagehttp://learningfuze.com/full-immersion-application-guide/
    Prep WorkStudents that have reserved their seat take the Root Level 1 class for free as well as the Root JS class which is strongly recommended.
    February 17, 2020 - Orange County
  • Part Time Comprehensive Program

LocationOrange County
    Live instruction with the option to participate in-person or remotely. A curriculum designed to make students development and employment ready based on the full immersion program. The Part-Time Comprehensive program is tailored to students who are looking for a part time alternative to the full immersion program, and is designed to deliver the same content and intensity of the full immersion program, but with the flexibility to take the program over time, in steps or “modules” based on their schedule. Additionally, students looking for skills and knowledge in a particular technical area but not necessarily all 5 modules can simply choose to take an individual module of their choice rather than each module sequentially. Students can also choose to specific modules or "Tracks" related to Front End Development (Modules 1,2 and 3), Back End Development (1,2 and 4) or Full Stack (1,2,3 and 4). The 5th module is optional for those students looking for career services. Simply apply and ensure you are ready to get the most out of the instruction. Of course, whether taking an individual module or two or working through all of the modules, the program is all about the practical skills of development by building numerous full scale projects in a work like environment led by seasoned instructors!
    DepositNone
    We offer financing through our lending partners SkillsFund
    Refund / Guarantee$500 discount for Module 1
    ScholarshipPlease check our website for scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelNo prior experience necessary
    Prep WorkRecommendations on each module
  • Root JS Prep Class

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
    Start Date February 1, 2020
    LocationOrange County
    For those that want to learn the practical, fundamental skills related to JavaScript. It is a two week course 3 times per week and about 15 hours per week with work done at home. Students will learn the core concepts to make applications dynamic. It is for those that want to take that initial step toward understanding development using the key language of the web or the first step in becoming a developer. Students will learn loops, variables, functions and more.
    Tuition PlansSkills Fund, ISA (Income Share Agreement)
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML and CSS
    Prep WorkSee LearningFuze part time courses
    February 1, 2020 - Orange County Apply by January 31, 2020
  • Root Level I Prep Class

HTML, Git, CSS, Front End
    Start Date February 1, 2020
    LocationOrange County, Irvine
    Root Level 1 is a 2-week remote/in-class web development training program built for beginners that want to learn how to code and are considering a path to becoming professional developers
    DepositNone required
    Skills Fund, ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Minimum Skill LevelSome understanding of HTML and CSS and ability to effectively navigate a computer
    February 1, 2020 - Orange County

• David  User Photo
    David • React Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

As soon as I entered the LearningFuze office, I was certain it would be the right place for me to start my web development career. The staff, curriculum, and my peers made my time at LFZ an unforgettable and rewarding experience.

The staff is composed of incredible people. They are always willing to drop what they are working on to answer your questions and ensure you understand the material. Additionally, the LFZ culture balances being light-hearted and fun, while being focused on the task at helping the students become web developers. A great balance!

I thought the cirriculum was well-structured and refined. The subject material is tough, but you're given the tools you need to find success. To get the most out of the program, I recommend trusting the process and attempting your best work every day.

Finally, I'd like to share that the whole experience was made even better thanks to the people in my cohort. Together, we fostered an environment that valued providing support and having fun and I am thankful I was able to build relationships with such wonderful people.

• Awesome Program!
    - 9/14/2017
    Alex • Graduate

Prior to starting at LearningFuze, I only had very basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript through sites like Codecademy and Udemy. With the help of the awesome instructors at LearningFuze, I am now confident in my skills as a full-stack developer.

The best part about LearningFuze is their staff. The instructors are super helpful and very passionate about programming. They are always available to help you through whatever you're working on and will stay as late as you need them to. The career help after the program is also extremely helpful. I personally had no experience with the interviewing/job search process and Bill was there every step of the way to help me through it.

The program is extremely challenging and requires your complete dedication to it but at the end of it, you'll be glad you stuck with it.

• TJ Kinion • Program Manager • Graduate

Making the decision to attend LearningFuze was one that didn't come easy but looking back was definitely the right move. With so many different bootcamps out there, a wide variety of language stacks to choose from, and the different pricing models I had a lot to factor in. My decision to attend LearningFuze came down to a combination of 3 things; the extremely high level of knowledge from the instructors, the development stack, and finally the pace at which you learn.

To say that LearningFuze has a quality of instructors that is second to none would be an understatement. After comparing the total experience of the LFZ team to other bootcamps in the area the decision seemed easy on paper, they simply had more experience than almost everyone else. But what really set LFZ apart in my process was the love of teaching that their team brings. To give you an idea of how invested the instructors are in each and every student there were times when we asked them to give us extra help in the morning, sometimes as early as 7am, and they were willing. Oh and of course I can't forget that they are available online into the wee hours of the night to help with anything that may come up outside of class time.

The development stack taught at LearningFuze dives into one of the most versatile languages out there, Javascript, while also introducing technologies such as; HTML, CSS, React, PHP, MySQL, Node, and Jquery. While this full-stack of technologies would be impossible to master in 3 months, LearningFuze did a great job of preparing me as a front-end developer with a strong understanding of how everything needs to connect to the back as well. With that being said I had many classmates that went the back-end route and also left with a strong grasp of the front-end technologies as well.

Finally the pace and expectations that LearningFuze laid out not only created a roadmap for success but also a work ethic that would translate to any technical environment. Not only were we in class 8 hours a day but in addition to that we spent at least 4 hours working outside of class to stay ahead of the curve. This pace put me in a position to not only be a web developer after 3 months, but more importantly someone that would be able to make an impact on any team from day 1.

My journey after LearningFuze has been atypical to most of the other developers. While I wanted to find a role that allowed for continued coding I was also interested in continuing to utilize my business development background. Since graduating I have actually come back to join LearningFuze as a Program Manager as we look to expand our course offerings to include Online Marketing and ReactJS in the evenings. I am fortunate to have not only found a school that gave me the tools to propel my career, but now an employer that I whole-heartedly believe offers an education that will allow anyone to make the career change they may have been thinking about.

• Cody Miller • Student

NO PRIOR SKILL REQUIRED

I am currently 7 weeks into my course at LearningFuze, and I can tell you from experience, this course is extremely comprehensive, intense, and 100% possible for anyone with a drive to succeed. I had never coded before in my life prior to deciding I wanted to take a coding bootcamp course, and I have learned more in the last 7 weeks than I had ever thought possible. Once I started considering taking a bootcamp course, I spent every day worrying if I would have what it takes to succeed. Will I be quitting my job and joining a course I'm ultimately going to not be able to grasp the material in? I was terrified. Thankfully, I'm here to tell you from experience that you don't need to know anything about coding before you start. You don't need innate talent, photographic memory, or superhuman analytic skills. You only truly need one thing: commitment.

This course is not about talent, it's about drive. Are you willing to devote twelve hours a day to learning the material? Are you prepared to challenge yourself to find new things to learn on a daily basis? Do you see yourself being passionate about solving problems and creating new things through coding? If you can answer all these questions with yes, I've got great news for you: You have what it takes to succeed at LearningFuze.

This program is not designed to cater to people with prior knowledge or a certain type of thought process. Learning starts from the ground up, and you will be supported by a welcoming, attentive staff who are always there to help you work through issues. There's quite a bit of material to work through on a daily basis, but if you put in the recommended 12 hours a day, it feels extremely doable. Everybody here has a vested interest in helping you succeed, and I can tell you from experience that they will do whatever it takes to help you reach your goal of becoming a successful web developer. And you can do it! You just have to put in the hours.

LearningFuze sets itself apart from other bootcamps by having a curriculum that it fine-tuned to help anybody reach success, and by having a staff that understands where you're coming from, largely proven by the fact that multiple staff members are prior graduates! It's a very welcoming, supportive learning environment, and I can't recommend it enough. If you see your future in web development, this is where you should be!

• Kevin N. • Graduate

So a little about myself and my previous experience so you don't think this is some fake review. I graduated from CSUF with a BA in finance, did that for several years and felt like there was something missing with my career. Being unhappy with my current heading in life I reflected on things that I enjoyed doing but for whatever reason or another never pursued as a career choice.  I always had a knack for technology and still remember the first computer my uncle brought home in my wee childhood years. This in turn lead me to programming and taking introductory courses at a nearby community college to see if this was a path I wanted to go down. After taking the courses, I found that I really did enjoy building and creating things with code, but I felt like there was something missing with that traditional college type learning. After countless of hours researching the best way to achieve my goals of being a programmer, I somehow came across an advertisement for bootcamps. Feeling that this was a bit of a scam, I added more and more hours of research and reading reviews, to finally found the right programming bootcamp for me, LearningFuze. Pretty much after the info session and root course you could say the rest was a wrap. I signed up, completed the course and feel a million times better with my career changing life choice.

This bootcamp is not some easy 12 week stroll. You'll have moments where you'll feel lost, incompetent, and stressed. Have no fear, the team and your future classmates will have your back. They will come in as early as and stay as late as you do to help you understand the material and lessons being taught. But you, also have to put 100% and more effort in to this. Be prepared to fall, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and do it all over again the next day. This type of learning isn't for everyone, but I know my classmates and I have overall, better our lives going through this program.

• Well Worth It.
    - 5/24/2017
    Erik Nuber • Student

I graduated twenty years ago with a computer science degree, I never made use of it as I was simply out-dated in my knowledge before I even finished school. I have been a graphic designer for the past twenty years and, was interested enough in getting back into coding that I started learning on my own online and by reading books.

I ended up deciding to go to an accelerated web development program because I knew I had gaps in my knowledge and, wanted that extra push as well as to work with people that wanted to learn as much as I did. I did my research before choosing a program, I went to meet ups at various locations, talked to current and in one case a person that had already finished the program before making my decision about going to LearningFuze.

The result has been to solidify my knowledge in areas I know I needed help in. You definitely not just learn to code but, you spend far more time coding and doing so productively that many things become second nature. You also learn how to code which is just as important. This includes learning to find answers, learning to figure out how to solve tough problems, learning to ask questions when necessary and, how to use developer tools properly.

More than this, you also learn to work with others as several projects are done in groups. We all code and think differently and, learning to work with others of varying skill levels, communicate effectively and, still put out something that you can be proud of is an experience all in its own. For our cohort, the first group projects also helped bring us closer and, got us started in talking with each other more. You will learn real world skills that are designed to simulate a real work environment so that when you do find a job, you have the knowledge to be productive immediately.

The part that is hard to describe is the amount of effort and dedication that you will need to have as you will get from the program what you put into it. It is a rewarding experience and, there are reasons you see nothing but rave reviews for LearningFuze. It may seem like a leap of faith but, it is one I wish I had taken far sooner.

Feel free to send me a message or ask any questions... https://www.linkedin.com/in/eriknuber/

• Fantastic
    - 5/16/2017
    Andres • Software Engineer • Graduate

After an intense 12 weeks, I am happy with my decision to enroll and complete the Learning Fuze Web Development Program.
    I had dabbled in computer programming on my own for many years, but this program was truly the difference between "kind of programmed" and "web developer." Some of the defining moments of the program were the "hackahtons" where students had 36 hours to complete a development challenge in assigned groups. The program has taught me how to be a developer in the kind of team environment one would be expected to perform in at a place of employment. Three months ago, I would have never believed that I would be an integral part in developing a web app with client side code written using the React Javascript framework and server side code written using NodeJS, mySQL, and php.

• Best Experience!
    - 5/15/2017
    Yaeri Lim • Graduate

Before I started Learningfuze, I only had very basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.  With great instructors and staffs, now I am very confident with JavaScript and related libraries/frameworks.

The best part about Learningfuze was that instructors were very passionate in teaching and helping students to learn thoroughly. No matter how early or late you want the instructors to come in or stay late, they will spend extra time to help students out. For example, instructor Dan held early morning sessions for me and one other student because we weren’t confident on some of the topics that we covered. Not only that, they helped a lot with preparing for job searching and interviews.

Exactly one month after I graduated, I was offered with two great opportunities. The 12 week course was very challenging and intense but it was worth it. The only regret I have is that I didn’t start this sooner.

• The Best
    - 4/27/2017
    Miles Bretall • Web Developer • Graduate

LearningFuze is fantastic. Dan, Scott, and Tim are all extremely invalueable resources on the coding journey. One of the coolest aspects of LFZ, aside from the teachers, is the overall environment. I couldn't have asked for a better group of students to work along side with. Everyone is positive and is always willing to help in any way they can.

This three month long program is by no means easy, but it is as rewarding as you can imagine. A couple months after the program was over, I was offered a position with a very nice salary as an entry level developer. In short, I went from a graphic designer to a web developer is just three months. Anyone who is looking for a career change needs to check this school out.

• Worth It
    - 2/28/2017
    Daniel L. • Web Developer • Graduate

I'm going to review the Job Assistance that LearningFuze provides since most of the other reviews here seem to focus on the actual teaching part of LearningFuze. Although just to put in a quick word backing up what everyone else has been saying, the instructors are awesome and the curriculum is great. Dan the lead instructor is an amazing teacher and he cares deeply about everyone's personal development as a programmer. The other developers there working at LearningFuze also really know their stuff and are almost always available for any questions you may have.

Aside from what I just mentioned, I would say that the employment tips and job assistance LearningFuze provides might be worth the price of admission alone. Some of those tips come in the form of specific lessons and feedback from Savrut where he gives advice on dealing with salary negotiations, helps you understand the mindset of recruiters/ hr people, and also conducts mock interviews. Dan will also conduct mock whiteboard interviews which although rare for jr web developer interviews, they pop up enough that you should be prepared for them (I was only asked by one company to do one in my interviews).

As for the actual job search itself, before you start applying for jobs, they recommend that you submit a personal portfolio, resume, github, and online presence (linkedin, angel list, etc.) to them so that they can pore over the details and make sure everything is finely tuned. This way that you don't start off on the wrong foot with buggy projects or bad resumes when you start applying. This process can take multiple submissions before getting everything up to their standards (I had to make 3 submissions) but once they approve of everything, you will have the utmost confidence to start applying to jobs. And once you start you won't be alone either as they will be sending out your resume to companies in their network as well. Every couple days Bill will check up on your progress to give you words of encouragement and ask you how you're doing while also passing along potential opportunities ("such and such company told me that they're looking for a PHP developer. a job posting should open up soon on their website so you should apply and mention that you were referred by me."). The job search can be grueling (they recommend applying to at least 3 jobs a day) so having LearningFuze send out resumes along side you is a huge benefit. And what's even better about all that is that the response rate was much higher for the companies LearningFuze had talked to for me than for the companies I applied to totally on my own. In the end after about 2 and a half months of my job search (although honestly only a month of serious applying as I wasn't hardcore applying initially and more focused on continuing to improve my web dev skills since there's always more to learn!) I was eventually offered a web developer position for a digital agency in Irvine. I'm incredibly pleased to finally be able start my web development career and I just have to thank LearningFuze for everything they've done to help me get here.

• Great school!
    - 2/27/2017
    John Yosas • Student

After working in retail for most of my professional career, entering a coding bootcamp was way out of my comfort zone. I always had an interest in computers and computer science but was past the point of returning to college to get my Degree.

Finding LearningFuze was a huge relief for me. As a current student enrolled in their full immersion camp I can say that they will teach you the knowledge to go out and get a job as a web developer! They know what they are doing.

Main Instructor Dan is very knowledgable and is a very good teacher.

While the course is tough and can be draining, It is one of the best things I have ever invested in. Highly recommend LearningFuze for your choice of coding bootcamp!

• Dan R • Graduate

I recently graduated from Learning Fuze and have to say that it was one of the best learning experiences that I’ve ever had. It was extremely challenging for me, but the instructors there are awesome and helped immensely. The environment is one of cooperative learning and is definitely fully immersive, which is essential to learning web development as it takes constant practice and learning.

Web development is constantly changing, so a web developer has to know how to continually learn and adapt. This is one of the many things that students learn at Learning Fuze. The instructors help guide the students to find the answers for themselves, but also provide great coding examples and explanations when needed. I recommend Learning Fuze to anyone who is interested in learning to code and ready to commit 100% to the program. It’s fast paced and filled with tons of information so I also recommend doing a lot of online tutorials in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, etc. before starting the program.

• Jason • Student

I am currently about eight weeks into the LearningFuze 12 week full immersion program, and I have been consistently surprised by the process. It has ups and downs as do all things in life, though in my opinion the positives far outweigh the negatives. I had looked into a few boot camps in the area and was not sure about which one (if any) would be the right fit. I've never thought of myself as an overly intelligent person and coming into the program I had next to no programing skills when it came to computers. So, needless to say I was very nervous. I attended an info session at LearningFuze on a whim and met the lead instructor, Dan, for the first time. I have worked with quite a few passionate people in my time, but Dan shot to the top of the list with his energetic attitude. I signed up the very next day! Once I was accepted into the program I realized how much work it would actually require. During the week, I have no time for anything else (the only conceivable downside that I've seen) which some view as a negative. However, I have come to love the 'grind' and I am sure that most if not all of my classmates would agree. Now just over two months into the program, I am eons ahead of where I thought I could be at the start of the program. The curriculum is constantly evolving so that the students are getting the most up to date information. All of this is taught in a way that is aimed towards you internalizing the material, rather than the classic 'cramming' method that most schools inadvertently teach. I believe whole heartedly that this program is well worth the time, money, effort, and stress. In the end you will be not only more knowledgeable, but also it helps you 'learn how to learn' as you will hear a myriad of times if you attend this program. I can't imagine where I would be or what I would be doing if I hadn't stumbled upon this program. I truly believe that not only am I being properly trained for a future, but I am also becoming a harder worker. This experience will be something that I will look back on as a major turning point in my life. I cannot stress how much I support this program and all of its instructors and I cannot recommend a better learning experience. Please check these guys out at https://learningfuze.com/!

• DL • Intermediate Programmer • Graduate

Web development is such a fast moving career that even though I was a mixed developer at my old job, that didn't prepare me to being a full time developer at a real web development company.

I was planning on making the jump and tried for years to being a full time web developer but the barrier to entry was really steep.  LearningFuze really help dispell any myths i had about being a web developer.

Prior to joining LearningFuze I had a lot of freelance experience and some work experience coding; but to be a web developer requires a certain type of mentality.  It's not just a job but a lifestyle.  You really have to question yourself if being a web developer is your thing.

The main part of being a web developer is that you're always a student.  There's always more to learn in this field and that's the scary but fun part!  LearningFuze teaches that very well, and emphasizes on how to become good at learning.  I got so many insights into the industry from their lead instructors and fellow mentors, that the idea of keeping up with the industry was more of a welcome challenge than a burden.

They really know what they're talking about and they are there for you 100%.  The teachers gives you all the support you need, whether it's extra hours, side lessons or personal tutoring.  They do whatever it takes to prepare you to become a junior developer that tons of companies in OC will hire.

I became highly in demand with the skills I was able to demonstrate on paper and in interviews.  So if you're committed and ready to learn, I advise you to pick Learning Fuze because they not only teach you how to code but how to learn, which is so crucial in this industry.

In my case, it put my career on steriods where I'm more confident than ever than I've ever been.

• Taylor S. • Front-end Web Developer • Graduate

Attending a coding bootcamp had been on my mind for over almost two years before I finally decided to “take the plunge.” My only regret now that I’ve been through it at LearningFuze, is that I didn’t do it sooner.

For about a year I checked out just about every bootcamp in LA, OC, and San Diego. I went to info-sessions, meetups, exchanged emails, and spoke with various bootcamp reps. A lot of them had a similar “shut up and give me your money” corporate vibe about them and in terms of curriculum, they offer what they think you think is the coolest buzzword framework of the day. The impression I got from LearningFuze is that they teach you how to become a well rounded job-ready web developer with the skills you need to grow. At each info-session or JavaScript workshop, the owner, Bill, and lead instructor, Dan, put up with my persistent investigation of the school and I got nothing but genuine answers from them. They walked me through various steps of the program, gave me realistic expectations of what it would take to succeed, and Dan even took the time to coordinate sets of coding exercises and give feedback without me ever paying a dime. You will quickly learn that Dan is an insanely dedicated and effective instructor.

Fast forward 14 weeks, LearningFuze has exceeded every expectation. I’m actually surprised at how confident I’ve become in my skills in such a short amount of time. LearningFuze teaches you to think and to learn like a developer so that you can go on to be successful.

If you are considering “taking the plunge,” let me end this review with a few words of advice. If you’re like me, you might be expecting the course to be pretty difficult, but nothing that a little hard-work and brainpower can’t handle. Well, stop that line of thinking. The course is HARD, and if you want the most out of it, you’re going to be coding almost every waking hour and sleeping less than you’d like (though you should definitely try to get enough sleep to be cognitively efficient). You will get out of the program what you put in and the difference is night and day. It takes a lot of hard work to get there, but like anything worth having, it’s worth it!

• Brian P • Software Developer • Graduate

Going through both a 4-year university and LearningFuze, I can confidently say that LearningFuze was a better value. It taught me hard skills that I did not get in school that directly translated into my current job. LearningFuze exposed me to many technologies and removed the mysticism with programming. The curriculum is challenging, relevant and interesting.

The lead teacher, Dan, is one of the most passionate and helpful people I have ever met. It was his energy and charisma that made the topics even more interesting. Part of my success through the program was his guidance and ability to push me further.

Tips on how to succeed: Before attending, make sure you're prepared to make sacrifices - mental, physical and financial. This program is intense and if you put in the work, you will reap the benefits.

Get plenty of rest and sleep. The amount of information you will learn requires that you be at 100% every day.

Do not compare yourself to other students. Focus on yourself and what you want to achieve.

Be honest with yourself. If you find that you are falling behind, make sure that you reach out and getting the support you need.

And last, get to you know teammates. They're going to be your support system during the program and after. Potentially even your reference to your next job.

Conclusion: Worth every penny. Intense. Exciting. Worth it. Grateful for what I have. A big thanks to LearningFuze.

• CT • Graduate

LearningFuze is one of the best opportunities I've ever had. Having had next to no prior experience I really feel like a capable and confident developer with everything I've learned. LearningFuze doesn't just teach you how to code, they prepare you to work in actual dev environments (and job search prep) and are dedicated to teaching you all the skills a good dev should have. The course is tough but in the best way possible. You will struggle, but trust me, you'll be better for it. For as tough as the curriculum is, the staff was nothing but helpful and dedicated, they will go above and beyond to make sure you get the assistance you need but its up to you match that dedication. The lead instructor Dan is one of the best there is. There is no one I would have rather had teaching me programming and he has been one of the best mentors I've ever had.

If you're serious about a career in development I would absolutely encourage you to checkout Learning Fuze. Its a great learning environment, and an excellent cultural environment. I loved what I learned LFZ and I loved learning there. I could not be more excited to go into a field I was already excited about and I am incredibly grateful for the experience I had there.

• It really works.
    - 11/16/2016
    B.L. • Software Developer • Graduate

Change is difficult and often scary, but it can definitely be worth it.

I had 20 years experience in a career as a pastor. We didn't have much savings, and I had a wife and 2 kids to think about. My main question while I was considering any of these schools was, "Will it work?  Will it really work?". I continued to ask myself that same question all throughout the program.  I loved every part about the program, but always wondered, will this actually work.. will I be able to start a new career and make enough to provide well for my family.

The answer for me was a resounding, 'yes'.  It worked better than I could've imagined. I graduated the program this September, and landed an amazing job, doing challenging, invigorating, creative work. I love every minute of it, and it pays more than I had hoped for.

I would caution readers though.  Don't be fooled into thinking that simply signing up and going through the motions will get you there. It's a rigorous program, and hard work is the key. I dedicated 6 days a week to learning to code. I showed up early and stayed late and constantly asked the instructors for more.

The great news is that LearningFuze is an amazing place to help you get there. The instruction from their main instructors is excellent. I've been involved in teaching for 20 years, and can honestly say that the main instructor Dan is one of the best teachers I have ever seen. On top of the instruction, they provide great guest speakers from top notch compaines (blizzard, kelly blue book, cornerstone were some that came for our cohort).  They also provide great job preparation with mock interviews / whiteboards etc.

If you're interested in a change, and youre willing to put in the work, you owe it to yourself to check out LearningFuze.  I'd strongly suggest attending an info session and attending a meetup at LearningFuze to see for yourself.

• Hard work pays off
    - 10/23/2016
    NP • Front-end Engineer • Graduate

I went to learningfuze in 2016. Commutted 40 min to get there. Got there around 9:15am and stayed until 7-7:30 each day. At night time I would watch YouTube tutorials. Still hung out with friends on the weekends.

Advice:

Get comfortable with JavaScript, it will get you a job. Ask every question that comes to your head (even if it makes you look dumb). Become friends with the people in your class. Work together. Don't be a know it all, because you know nothing. Be aware of the jobs that are out there. Getting your first job is hard but completely doable. Once you graduate, make your own website and keep practicing. Do the practice problems. Write down notes!

Success:

After applying to about 4-5 jobs a day for 4 weeks, I went through an intense interview process with a popular tech company in LA where they tested all my skills. Ended up getting the job, it pays great and I love life.

All the people that I know that are successful from my class do more work than required and have little side projects to further apply what you're learning.

LearningFuze is a top tier program. A lot of work but really fun with great instructors.

If you're serious about the program, make sure you do the required/recommended work they give you before you can take the course. All the people that did it were at the top of the class.

LFuze has a decent network of companies especially in OC. Go to all the speakers. Very insightful and they might know people hiring.

• Thank you LFZ!
    - 10/10/2016
    Gene Kwon • Front End Developer • Graduate

What a long, strange trip it's been.

One bleary morning a year ago I woke up and realized just how much I abhorred my job and dreaded going in to work. I was formerly a Project Manager in the construction industry and I spent the better part of six years trying to convince myself construction was something I was passionate about.

I always wanted to learn how to program so I attempted teach myself  over the course of several weeks. Frustrated with the progress (or lack thereof) I was making I began to look into these coding bootcamps I kept hearing so much about. After doing extensive research and attending over a half dozen information sessions at various coding bootcamps I decided to enroll in LearningFuze.

The determing factor that ultimately convinced me LearningFuze was my bootcamp of choice was Dan (the lead instructor). Typically, coding bootcamps have information sessions conducted by a program manager that take place around 6 to 7 in the evening after all the students and instructor have gone home.  Much to my surprise, I walked in at 7 in the evening to a classroom that was nearly full and saw that Dan was walking around and assisting students. Dan even walked in to the information session and answered prospective students' questions. Seeing how dedicated Dan was to his craft to help mold and mentor absolute beginners like myself late into the evening  spoke volumes to me.

If you are serious about pursuing and jumpstarting a new career in web development, choose LearningFuze! It will be the most mentally arduous and grueling three months of your life but you won't regret it.

I look fondly back on that day nearly a year ago. LearningFuze changed my life. It can change yours too! I graduated back in June as part of Cohort 8 and secured a position as a Front End Developer for a great company.

Some advice for prospective LFZ students:

• One step forward, two steps back - Do not compare yourself to others in the class. It's OK if it takes you longer than others to absorb and understand the material like myself. To my detriment, I  always tried to keep up with the class without solidfying my knowledge base.
    • There is a common misconception that once you graduate from a coding bootcamp you are guaranteed a job. This is not the case. While LFZ will provide you with a bountiful amount of very helpful career advice, it is ultimately up to you as an individual to hustle and put in the effort to go through the interview and application process just like you would do with any other job.
    • Be persistent! It took me a bit longer than expected (over 2 months) but I applied a little over 250 positions before I found my secured my first job.
    • Try not to overload on those Nature Valley granola bars they leave out. They're super calorie dense!
  • Kevin Ngo • Front-End Web Developer • Graduate

Registering for LearningFuze was not only one of the best career choices I've ever made but also one of the best life decisions I've ever made as well. I joined LearningFuze as a member of their 9th cohort. During my time there I learned so much about web development, the web dev environment, the web dev market, and I learned a lot about myself as well.

It's a 12 week long full immersion web development program that goes over HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, AngularJS, jQuery, Bootstrap and dabbles in a little bit of Node.JS, Firebase, and OOP. The instructors are great at explaining the material and are really good about slowing down if you need extra attention or need to go over something that might have grazed over your head. The instructors are really good about breaking down the concepts down to it's core and explaining everything step by step. The program helps you understand the basic fundamentals of coding and how everything really works from it's most simplist form as opposed to just holding your hand through 12 weeks and then throwing you into the sharks.

The support system is great and all the instructors and staff encourage everyone to work as a team. Somewhere around the 3rd week mark I had been so discouraged and felt so poopy. I didnt feel like I was able to continue down the web development path but the instructors and my classmates really helped me through my questions, pushed me to keep fighting, and supported me the whole entire way.

If you're on the fence about whether or not you want to join a bootcamp or are trying to decide between which bootcamp you want to join, I definitely reccomend LearningFuze. Absolutely, hands down one of the hardest, most rewarding, and fun experiences I've ever had.

• Deanna • Graduate

Attending a coding bootcamp was probably the best decision I made regarding my career so far. I've always wanted to be a web developer since I was a child. I earned a CS degree at a university, but I did not come out of college as a programmer because there were very little opportunities to gain real, hands-on experience creating projects. I knew I had to do something more.

I loved attending LearningFuze every day. The work is fast-paced and it feels great to accomplish so much in such a short amount of time. My fellow cohort-mates were driven, positive, and friendly. The learning model is fantastic; you learn pieces at a time (through lectures and prototypes) and gradually incorporate everything you've learned into projects. The staff is always there to answer questions (and you WILL ask questions!). Being able to deliberately practice is a valuable skill that you can apply to other things in life.

What really sold me on LearningFuze is the advanced topics they teach. I learned about data structures, algorithms, user experience design, and object oriented programming. They taught most of those things in college, but I didn't know how to apply them to web development. It was a great feeling to be able to connect the dots. Version control and javascript frameworks were part of the curriculum as well.

LearningFuze also teaches soft skills and offers practice interviews. The scary reality of the job market is that you'll be competing against hundreds of other bootcamp grads. So, you've got to stand out not only as a skilled developer, but also as a team player and an overall nice person to work with. I worked in several group projects meeting deadlines, practiced both soft skill and technical interviews, and learned all about the job application process.

It took me around 2 months since I started applying to jobs to receive an offer. Please don't be discouraged if you struggle getting offers. Everyone is going to struggle because we don't have experience. Have faith in yourself and keep pushing forward.

LearningFuze is as good as you make it. Don't go in expecting to slide through and have a job fall into your lap! Listen to the advice the staff gives you. Those who do turn out to be the most successful.

• Jon Rasmussen • Jr. Programmer • Graduate

I have nothing but fantastic things to say about Learning Fuze from top to bottom. The instructors possess extensive technical expertise and share it with passion in an encouraging and supportive environment.

As you can imagine, learning a full stack of web technologies in twelve weeks is a daunting task. Learning Fuze provides the collaborative, positive environment in which each student can achieve their maximum potential.

When the twelve weeks are over, the job search begins and Learning Fuze supports their graduates with superb job assistance! Their job placement staff assist students with preparing their resume, crafting their online presence, and improving interview skills. They remain actively involved with each student until they are employed.

If you are considering attending a full-immersion boot camp, look no further.

• Cohort 9 Student
    - 8/24/2016
    Rosemarie Gonzales • Student

I am part of the Cohort 9 which will end this coming September 2016. I attended the info session first before finally deciding to enroll. Starting from the info session, enrollment process to the actual live class, all of the mentors and staff at LearningFuze have been helpful. They tell you from the very beginning before you even enroll that it really takes time and effort when you decide to go in a bootcamp (I suggest you take that seriously). The mentors are there to help you with whatever question you may have or if you feel like you're stuck. Instructor Dan would even come early to spend time with students who want to take the extra mile. Bootcamp is a fast-paced learning environment. It would help if you have read or have taken some online courses or watched video tutorials prior to the bootcamp. The curriculum simulates a real-life working environment but at the same time mentors are there to guide you.

• Sean Hong • Student

I am a current student of Cohort 9. I will be writing a full review after I finish but I would like to help future cohort members in making their decision. I'll keep it short and to the point. The learning environment is amazing. Your cohort group will become your second family. The staff ensures that you receive the help you need to grow. Don't get suckered in by the other schools that offer you "3 full stacks" in the same amount of time. It is difficult enough to master one full stack in the given time. Is it possible to learn 3 full stacks? I'm sure if you're dedicated enough anything is possible. However, do understand that you may come out a mile wide and an inch deep. Personally, I'd rather be a foot wide and a mile deep, with a strong foundation in one discipline before moving onto a different language. Learning Fuze's curriculum is heavily based on JavaScript and there's plenty to do to keep you busy. Already an experienced programmer? Don't worry! The instructors will give you added challenges to test your knowledge! I hope this review has provided some insight in making your decision. Conquer the Code!

• Stan Wielga • Web Developer • Graduate

This will be a review for the job placement.

Finishing the bootcamp was challenging. Refining my portfolio and working on personal projects afterwards was a lot of work also.

After that came the real adventure. Trying to get a job with the work that I had done. This was a scary task because just 3 months before I didn't really know how to code at all.

On my first few interviews I was very nervous, but the LearningFuze staff coached me on how to handle myself during an interview. Savrut, their job placement expert, checked in with me when I progressed to the next round of interviews and when I made rookie mistakes. Eventually I was interviewing at a company that was excited to meet me, and they eventually hired me.

I am extremely happy with LearningFuze and would highly recommend it to anyone interested in becoming a web developer.