learningfuze-logo

LearningFuze

Irvine, Online, Orange County, Orange County

LearningFuze

LearningFuze offers a full immersion 12-week web development bootcamp and part-time hybrid online course in Irvine and Orange County, California. Students learn full-stack front and back end development including HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript/jQuery, PHP, MySQL, React, Git/GitHub, Node.JS, Bootstrap, and Firebase. Teaching includes problem-solving skills, essential workplace and interviewing skills, and programmer mindset training. The program doesn't require a degree or professional programming experience but does require that students have the right qualities as well as a dedication to learning and making a full-time commitment. Discounts, payment plans, and student loans which can also be used for living expenses are available. The full immersion program includes a 2-week prep class and a 12-week in-person course. After graduation, students will continue to be plugged in to LearningFuze through the alumni network and the included job-search assistance. LearningFuze also offers a part-time intro course on nights and weekends.

Recent LearningFuze Reviews: Rating 4.99

all (135) reviews for LearningFuze →

Recent LearningFuze News

Read all (31) articles about LearningFuze →
  • Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp

November 4, 2019
    Orange County
    The 12 week full immersion program teaches those technologies most in need in the marketplace with a heavy focus on JavaScript and the LAMP stack to become full stack web developers at the conclusion. The curriculum has been honed to provide the technical skills to compete for a job in the marketplace and so that graduates can learn any chosen technology. In addition, the program focuses on the soft skills related to web development so that students not only have a polished portfolio of projects but the presentation and interview skills to effectively compete in the marketplace. In summary, students learn by doing with the support of instructors that have been successful commercial developers for many years.
    $250 Seat Reservation
    Lending partner available: https://learningfuze.skills.fund/ISA (Income Share Agreement)Contact us for more information
    Please check our website for discounts. We also offer financing through Skills Fund and an ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Refund / Guarantee
    Prorated within the first week of the program
    $12,305 average tuition after scholarships, discounts & credits are applied. Visit https://learningfuze.com/faq#/discounts for a complete list and contact us with any questions.
    It is important for students to have taken the initiative to learn on their own with specific recommendations outlined on the LearningFuze application pagehttp://learningfuze.com/full-immersion-application-guide/
    Students that have reserved their seat take the Root Level 1 class for free as well as the Root JS class which is strongly recommended.
    November 4, 2019 - Orange County
  • Part Time Comprehensive Program

October 26, 2019
    Orange County
    Live instruction with the option to participate in-person or remotely. A curriculum designed to make students development and employment ready based on the full immersion program. The Part-Time Comprehensive program is tailored to students who are looking for a part time alternative to the full immersion program, and is designed to deliver the same content and intensity of the full immersion program, but with the flexibility to take the program over time, in steps or “modules” based on their schedule. Additionally, students looking for skills and knowledge in a particular technical area but not necessarily all 5 modules can simply choose to take an individual module of their choice rather than each module sequentially. Students can also choose to specific modules or "Tracks" related to Front End Development (Modules 1,2 and 3), Back End Development (1,2 and 4) or Full Stack (1,2,3 and 4). The 5th module is optional for those students looking for career services. Simply apply and ensure you are ready to get the most out of the instruction. Of course, whether taking an individual module or two or working through all of the modules, the program is all about the practical skills of development by building numerous full scale projects in a work like environment led by seasoned instructors!
    None
    Not available
    We offer financing through our lending partner Skills Fund
    Refund / Guarantee
    $500 discount for Module 1
    Please check our website for scholarships
    No prior experience necessary
    Recommendations on each module
    October 26, 2019 - Orange County
  • Root JS Prep Class

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
    Rolling Start Date
    $95
    Orange County
    For those that want to learn the practical, fundamental skills related to JavaScript. It is a two week course 3 times per week and about 15 hours per week with work done at home. Students will learn the core concepts to make applications dynamic. It is for those that want to take that initial step toward understanding development using the key language of the web or the first step in becoming a developer. Students will learn loops, variables, functions and more.
    Skills Fund, ISA (Income Share Agreement)
    HTML and CSS
    See LearningFuze part time courses
  • Root Level I Prep Class

HTML, Git, CSS, Front End
    Rolling Start Date
    $95
    Orange County, Irvine
    Root Level 1 is a 2-week remote/in-class web development training program built for beginners that want to learn how to code and are considering a path to becoming professional developers
    None required
    Skills Fund, ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Some understanding of HTML and CSS and ability to effectively navigate a computer

• Stephanie Burcombe  User Photo
    Stephanie Burcombe • Student Verified via GitHub

Coming from a background as an elementary school teacher and no formal coding exposure or experience, I had plenty of apprehensions about learning any kind of web development in such a short period of time.  I am in now in week 9 of the 12 week full immersion program. Looking back at the last 8 weeks of the program, I am in awe of what I have been able to learn and create. It has been quite a unique learning experience.

Some of the exceptional aspects:

1)Instructors

The instructors are what make Learning Fuze so exceptional.  As a student who was struggling to understand some of the most foundational concepts in the beginning, I found immense support during class time, on the weekend (whether it be through a Google Hangout or during the open hours on Saturday), and after class time during the week.  They are extremely knowledgeable and supportive and have been a vital resource in navigating my way into becoming a web developer.

2)Materials/Information/Access

Prior to the program, Learning Fuze provides a comprehensive guide to materials you should reference, read, and/or utilize before beginning the program. Their prep courses are a great introduction to the foundational concepts needed for web development and also give a small glimpse into what the full time program will be like, as well. In retrospect, it is easy for me to see that they have thoughtfully designed this to help students prepare for the full immersion program (particularly those of us who have no previous coding background). Additionally, the curriculum during the program is extremely comprehensive considering the short timeline.

Another great resource provided is job search support.  Starting from the first week, we have been provided with tips on creating our resume, LinkedIn profiles, interviewing practice, and hearing guest speakers from the industry. This aspect has been extremely beneficial and educational as I pursue this career change.

Some of the challenges:

1)Pace

When I first began researching bootcamps, I kept reading about the fast pace associated with an accelerated web development program but didn’t fully comprehend what that meant until I was a part of it.  The pace of the Learning Fuze bootcamp is faster than any educational environment I have experienced. The same day that you learn about a topic (or multiple topics), you are also coding a project to apply those skills.  This definitely could feel daunting and overwhelming at times but with the support of the instructors, it was manageable...still challenging, but manageable.

2)Workload/Time

While the technical class hours are Monday -Friday from 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., the studying time, practice exercises, and projects that need to be completed will easily require your focus and a time commitment of  7 days a week and about 12-14 hours a day (including the 10-6 time on Monday-Friday).

Overall, I am extremely pleased with my decision to choose Learning Fuze bootcamp as my school of choice to pursue a career in web development. As challenging as it has been, I have seen my abilities improve more than I could’ve imagined and I have grown even more passionate about building my coding abilities than before starting the program. Learning Fuze has been a great place to learn.

• It really works.
    - 11/16/2016
    B.L. • Software Developer • Graduate

Change is difficult and often scary, but it can definitely be worth it.

I had 20 years experience in a career as a pastor. We didn't have much savings, and I had a wife and 2 kids to think about. My main question while I was considering any of these schools was, "Will it work?  Will it really work?". I continued to ask myself that same question all throughout the program.  I loved every part about the program, but always wondered, will this actually work.. will I be able to start a new career and make enough to provide well for my family.

The answer for me was a resounding, 'yes'.  It worked better than I could've imagined. I graduated the program this September, and landed an amazing job, doing challenging, invigorating, creative work. I love every minute of it, and it pays more than I had hoped for.

I would caution readers though.  Don't be fooled into thinking that simply signing up and going through the motions will get you there. It's a rigorous program, and hard work is the key. I dedicated 6 days a week to learning to code. I showed up early and stayed late and constantly asked the instructors for more.

The great news is that LearningFuze is an amazing place to help you get there. The instruction from their main instructors is excellent. I've been involved in teaching for 20 years, and can honestly say that the main instructor Dan is one of the best teachers I have ever seen. On top of the instruction, they provide great guest speakers from top notch compaines (blizzard, kelly blue book, cornerstone were some that came for our cohort).  They also provide great job preparation with mock interviews / whiteboards etc.

If you're interested in a change, and youre willing to put in the work, you owe it to yourself to check out LearningFuze.  I'd strongly suggest attending an info session and attending a meetup at LearningFuze to see for yourself.

• Hard work pays off
    - 10/23/2016
    NP • Front-end Engineer • Graduate

I went to learningfuze in 2016. Commutted 40 min to get there. Got there around 9:15am and stayed until 7-7:30 each day. At night time I would watch YouTube tutorials. Still hung out with friends on the weekends.

Advice:

Get comfortable with JavaScript, it will get you a job. Ask every question that comes to your head (even if it makes you look dumb). Become friends with the people in your class. Work together. Don't be a know it all, because you know nothing. Be aware of the jobs that are out there. Getting your first job is hard but completely doable. Once you graduate, make your own website and keep practicing. Do the practice problems. Write down notes!

Success:

After applying to about 4-5 jobs a day for 4 weeks, I went through an intense interview process with a popular tech company in LA where they tested all my skills. Ended up getting the job, it pays great and I love life.

All the people that I know that are successful from my class do more work than required and have little side projects to further apply what you're learning.

LearningFuze is a top tier program. A lot of work but really fun with great instructors.

If you're serious about the program, make sure you do the required/recommended work they give you before you can take the course. All the people that did it were at the top of the class.

LFuze has a decent network of companies especially in OC. Go to all the speakers. Very insightful and they might know people hiring.

• Thank you LFZ!
    - 10/10/2016
    Gene Kwon • Front End Developer • Graduate

What a long, strange trip it's been.

One bleary morning a year ago I woke up and realized just how much I abhorred my job and dreaded going in to work. I was formerly a Project Manager in the construction industry and I spent the better part of six years trying to convince myself construction was something I was passionate about.

I always wanted to learn how to program so I attempted teach myself  over the course of several weeks. Frustrated with the progress (or lack thereof) I was making I began to look into these coding bootcamps I kept hearing so much about. After doing extensive research and attending over a half dozen information sessions at various coding bootcamps I decided to enroll in LearningFuze.

The determing factor that ultimately convinced me LearningFuze was my bootcamp of choice was Dan (the lead instructor). Typically, coding bootcamps have information sessions conducted by a program manager that take place around 6 to 7 in the evening after all the students and instructor have gone home.  Much to my surprise, I walked in at 7 in the evening to a classroom that was nearly full and saw that Dan was walking around and assisting students. Dan even walked in to the information session and answered prospective students' questions. Seeing how dedicated Dan was to his craft to help mold and mentor absolute beginners like myself late into the evening  spoke volumes to me.

If you are serious about pursuing and jumpstarting a new career in web development, choose LearningFuze! It will be the most mentally arduous and grueling three months of your life but you won't regret it.

I look fondly back on that day nearly a year ago. LearningFuze changed my life. It can change yours too! I graduated back in June as part of Cohort 8 and secured a position as a Front End Developer for a great company.

Some advice for prospective LFZ students:

• One step forward, two steps back - Do not compare yourself to others in the class. It's OK if it takes you longer than others to absorb and understand the material like myself. To my detriment, I  always tried to keep up with the class without solidfying my knowledge base.
    • There is a common misconception that once you graduate from a coding bootcamp you are guaranteed a job. This is not the case. While LFZ will provide you with a bountiful amount of very helpful career advice, it is ultimately up to you as an individual to hustle and put in the effort to go through the interview and application process just like you would do with any other job.
    • Be persistent! It took me a bit longer than expected (over 2 months) but I applied a little over 250 positions before I found my secured my first job.
    • Try not to overload on those Nature Valley granola bars they leave out. They're super calorie dense!
  • Kevin Ngo • Front-End Web Developer • Graduate

Registering for LearningFuze was not only one of the best career choices I've ever made but also one of the best life decisions I've ever made as well. I joined LearningFuze as a member of their 9th cohort. During my time there I learned so much about web development, the web dev environment, the web dev market, and I learned a lot about myself as well.

It's a 12 week long full immersion web development program that goes over HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, AngularJS, jQuery, Bootstrap and dabbles in a little bit of Node.JS, Firebase, and OOP. The instructors are great at explaining the material and are really good about slowing down if you need extra attention or need to go over something that might have grazed over your head. The instructors are really good about breaking down the concepts down to it's core and explaining everything step by step. The program helps you understand the basic fundamentals of coding and how everything really works from it's most simplist form as opposed to just holding your hand through 12 weeks and then throwing you into the sharks.

The support system is great and all the instructors and staff encourage everyone to work as a team. Somewhere around the 3rd week mark I had been so discouraged and felt so poopy. I didnt feel like I was able to continue down the web development path but the instructors and my classmates really helped me through my questions, pushed me to keep fighting, and supported me the whole entire way.

If you're on the fence about whether or not you want to join a bootcamp or are trying to decide between which bootcamp you want to join, I definitely reccomend LearningFuze. Absolutely, hands down one of the hardest, most rewarding, and fun experiences I've ever had.

• Deanna • Graduate

Attending a coding bootcamp was probably the best decision I made regarding my career so far. I've always wanted to be a web developer since I was a child. I earned a CS degree at a university, but I did not come out of college as a programmer because there were very little opportunities to gain real, hands-on experience creating projects. I knew I had to do something more.

I loved attending LearningFuze every day. The work is fast-paced and it feels great to accomplish so much in such a short amount of time. My fellow cohort-mates were driven, positive, and friendly. The learning model is fantastic; you learn pieces at a time (through lectures and prototypes) and gradually incorporate everything you've learned into projects. The staff is always there to answer questions (and you WILL ask questions!). Being able to deliberately practice is a valuable skill that you can apply to other things in life.

What really sold me on LearningFuze is the advanced topics they teach. I learned about data structures, algorithms, user experience design, and object oriented programming. They taught most of those things in college, but I didn't know how to apply them to web development. It was a great feeling to be able to connect the dots. Version control and javascript frameworks were part of the curriculum as well.

LearningFuze also teaches soft skills and offers practice interviews. The scary reality of the job market is that you'll be competing against hundreds of other bootcamp grads. So, you've got to stand out not only as a skilled developer, but also as a team player and an overall nice person to work with. I worked in several group projects meeting deadlines, practiced both soft skill and technical interviews, and learned all about the job application process.

It took me around 2 months since I started applying to jobs to receive an offer. Please don't be discouraged if you struggle getting offers. Everyone is going to struggle because we don't have experience. Have faith in yourself and keep pushing forward.

LearningFuze is as good as you make it. Don't go in expecting to slide through and have a job fall into your lap! Listen to the advice the staff gives you. Those who do turn out to be the most successful.

• Jon Rasmussen • Jr. Programmer • Graduate

I have nothing but fantastic things to say about Learning Fuze from top to bottom. The instructors possess extensive technical expertise and share it with passion in an encouraging and supportive environment.

As you can imagine, learning a full stack of web technologies in twelve weeks is a daunting task. Learning Fuze provides the collaborative, positive environment in which each student can achieve their maximum potential.

When the twelve weeks are over, the job search begins and Learning Fuze supports their graduates with superb job assistance! Their job placement staff assist students with preparing their resume, crafting their online presence, and improving interview skills. They remain actively involved with each student until they are employed.

If you are considering attending a full-immersion boot camp, look no further.

• Cohort 9 Student
    - 8/24/2016
    Rosemarie Gonzales • Student

I am part of the Cohort 9 which will end this coming September 2016. I attended the info session first before finally deciding to enroll. Starting from the info session, enrollment process to the actual live class, all of the mentors and staff at LearningFuze have been helpful. They tell you from the very beginning before you even enroll that it really takes time and effort when you decide to go in a bootcamp (I suggest you take that seriously). The mentors are there to help you with whatever question you may have or if you feel like you're stuck. Instructor Dan would even come early to spend time with students who want to take the extra mile. Bootcamp is a fast-paced learning environment. It would help if you have read or have taken some online courses or watched video tutorials prior to the bootcamp. The curriculum simulates a real-life working environment but at the same time mentors are there to guide you.

• Sean Hong • Student

I am a current student of Cohort 9. I will be writing a full review after I finish but I would like to help future cohort members in making their decision. I'll keep it short and to the point. The learning environment is amazing. Your cohort group will become your second family. The staff ensures that you receive the help you need to grow. Don't get suckered in by the other schools that offer you "3 full stacks" in the same amount of time. It is difficult enough to master one full stack in the given time. Is it possible to learn 3 full stacks? I'm sure if you're dedicated enough anything is possible. However, do understand that you may come out a mile wide and an inch deep. Personally, I'd rather be a foot wide and a mile deep, with a strong foundation in one discipline before moving onto a different language. Learning Fuze's curriculum is heavily based on JavaScript and there's plenty to do to keep you busy. Already an experienced programmer? Don't worry! The instructors will give you added challenges to test your knowledge! I hope this review has provided some insight in making your decision. Conquer the Code!

• Stan Wielga • Web Developer • Graduate

This will be a review for the job placement.

Finishing the bootcamp was challenging. Refining my portfolio and working on personal projects afterwards was a lot of work also.

After that came the real adventure. Trying to get a job with the work that I had done. This was a scary task because just 3 months before I didn't really know how to code at all.

On my first few interviews I was very nervous, but the LearningFuze staff coached me on how to handle myself during an interview. Savrut, their job placement expert, checked in with me when I progressed to the next round of interviews and when I made rookie mistakes. Eventually I was interviewing at a company that was excited to meet me, and they eventually hired me.

I am extremely happy with LearningFuze and would highly recommend it to anyone interested in becoming a web developer.

• Stefanie Y • Software Developer • Graduate

I had been working in retail after getting a degree in a field I didn't have much feeling for. I'd always had an interest in coding, and after finally taking a online intro class, I realized that this was the change I needed in my life. In a whirlwind few weeks, I was researching bootcamps, found LearningFuze nearby, and after an on-site info session, decided to take the plunge! I'm happy to say that I definitely made the right decision!

LearningFuze provided the environment I needed to really make the push from just dabbling to making a full-on life swerve. While I was definitely motivated to learn on my own, being around others who were also determined to learn and the ability to ask someone with years of experience, face-to-face, was an irreplaceable advantage. The course is unquestionably hard work and at times the sheer amount of knowledge that you need to cram into your head can be extremely daunting. There's no magic bullet when it comes to learning to code, but the instructors (and junior instructors) at LearningFuze really helped clear the path as long as you're willing to give it your all.

Even after graduating, there's continued support. That's when you really have to bring all you've learned together and make that final push into starting a new career. This includes help in revising your resume and portfolio and making connections with potential employers. With LearningFuze's help, I was able to connect with the right company for me and have been happily employed as a developer for over a month now.

The course is hard work, but if you're ready to work hard, LearningFuze may be the right bootcamp for you!

• Mayra R • Graduate

I now know JavaScript! That's a huge deal for me! My background was in customer service/sales. I am a mother of two and didn't think it was possible for me to make a huge commitment like this. I used to be terrified of computers. Always afraid to click the wrong thing. But, instead of thinking of all the reasons why I couldn't do this, I decided to just go for it! I am soo glad that I did. It was difficult but so worth it. I am also glad we spent a good amount of time on JavaScript because I was having a hard time with it. Dan, the instructor, was extremely patient with me and answered my millions of questions I had. I know for a fact that I would not know what I now know had it not been for him. He does what it takes to make sure you understand. He goes above and beyond for all his students. If I can do it, anyone can do it!

• Zero to Hero
    - 4/28/2016
    Josh Hall

I am a current student that came into this with no knowledge of any coding language, but with a passion to learn how to code.  If you have the passion this is the place for you!  In the beginning (2 weeks) it is about HTML/CSS, but only the beginning.  From there you jump straight into javascript and the skills you learn with javascript is vast.  Those who have worked with code are pushed just as hard as those with no prior experience with more indepth exercises and thery testing.  It is a journey I would reccommend to anyone who wants to learn how to use javascript or just improve there knowledge with it.

The atmosphere is fantastic with the help that is always available.  The instructors do not just give answers.  Instead they help you figure them out because they want to see you succeed!

• Jon Rasmussen

I am currently in the thick of week 4 of 12 here at Learning Fuze and I am loving everything about it!

The best thing about Learning Fuze, without a doubt, is the staff. Each and every one of them genuinely care about us, not just as students, but as people. They are all quite technically proficient and share their knowledge with joy and patience (which we certainly need).

From the beginning they set a tone of collaboration and collegiality which inspires us to learn from each other.

I cannot recommend Learning Fuze highly enough if you are motivated to learn and grow!

• The Best Decision
    - 3/28/2016
    Korey C Lo • Graduate

I just finished the 12 week full immersion program.  LearningFuze was a great experience.  If you're willing to put in the time and commitment you will not regret your decision.  What sets LearningFuze apart are the insturctors.  They are all very helpful and dedicated to seeing their students succeed. Dan, the lead instructor is 110% commited in helping the students understand the material.  He is truly passionate and dedicated in making sure students meet their goals in becoming great developers.  LearningFuze gave me the structure and environment I needed to help accelerate my learning in web development.  Everything from prototypes (mini assignements that test a specific topic covered in class), to individual projects, group projects, hackathons, whiteboarding, and mock interviews.  For me personally, one of the biggest takeaways was learning how to learn and how to find information when you get stuck on a particular problem.  Even though my cohort is over I feel confident I can go and learn any programming language on my own.  Overall, I would definitely reccomend this bootcamp to anyone looking to transistion into web development.

• Amazing Experience
    - 3/21/2016
    Leslie L. • Student

I'm starting my last week of the cohort, and to be honest I am quite sad to leave. I am always blown away when I realize how much we have learned and accomplished. I have gained so much from this experience: a tangible skill, the desire to learn more, experience working in teams, confidence, and friends for life. Before this cohort I felt stuck in one career path, but now I have options.

I would definitely recommend this Bootcamp, if you have any interest in web development. I would suggest you go through Codecademy, Team Treehouse, and W3schools tutorials before coming here.

• Amazing Experience
    - 3/21/2016
    Leslie L. • Student

• Ana Kwon • Front End Developer • Graduate

I've research all kinds of coding bootcamps in California. I actually went to San Francisco to visit one of the popular boot camps in Norcal, and also visited other boot camps in Santa Monica as well.  However, I finalized my decisions to go with LearningFuze after talking to the directors, Bill and Fabian. And I do not regret a single moment of choosing LFZ as my coding bootcamp because they did such a good job preparing me throughout the courses up until I land on my first developer job. It was such a life changing experience.

I have to say, it was an intensive 12 weeks of programming but my instructor, Dan and Eric, were very patient with us and always available to help us day and night. After I was completed with the course, it took me about a 1.5-2 months to finally get offered for the full time Front End Developer position. (Remember, interview process takes a long time. So don't be anxious, keep coding and be patient! ) It's been almost 8months since I've been working as a developer. Everyday I'm learning something new and building my skills to write a clean, reuseable code. Learningfuze will teach you and build you up as a developer and soon, you will find a job as a developer.

• Srayuth Choun • Student

Just finished the 4th week of the bootcamp. Leaving a stable full-time job and dedicating yourself to something new and different can be frightful and stressful. I decided to join a bootcamp because I wanted to be in a career that will challenge me day to day. After intensive research and comparisions, I chose LearningFuze as my bootcamp.

LearningFuze will challenge you and give you a great understanding when solving problems. The bootcamp provides you with readings and videos that will help better explain the web languages. The instructors have great positive attitudes and are very knowledgeable.  They are very helpful and supportive when you are stuck on a problem or have difficulties understanding the course material.

Attending LearningFuze has been a great decision.  If you're willing to put the time and effort the bootcamp will help you succeed in becoming a web developer.

• Paul Ly

I am currently 4 weeks into the bootcamp. It can be scary to leave a full time job and immerse yourself in a classroom once again.  If you are looking to change your career in which you will be challenged everyday, the LearningFuze bootcamp will definitely help you accomplish that.  Having no background in web development is not an issue.  I did not have any prior experience in web development or taken any type of coding classes.  LearningFuze will provide suggestions on reading material and free online courses that you can complete prior to the start of the course to help you prepare for your first day.  The online courses and reading material will not make you become an instant web developer, but it will give you some basic understanding so that you won't fell like you are completely lost when you start the course.  That does not mean that you will not feel lost at all once you begin the course.

The instructors are very friendly and knowledgable.  They will always be there to answer your questions as soon as possible.  You can also schedule instructor time to have a one on one Q&A with the instructor of your choosing if you would like as well. The instructors are also supportive and will be there to help you when you feel completely lost. If you feel like you aren't understanding a particular subject or concept, the instructors will take the time to help explain it maybe in a different way since everyone learns differently.

It is a friendly environment and everyone in the class is here to learn and come from all types of backgrounds.  As long as you don't give up and are willing to put in the time to study, this course will help you acheive your goal of becoming a web developer.

• Stan Wielga • Student

Right now I'm in week 4 of the program, and this is easily the best learning experience and environment that I have ever been in.

Before this I was interested in making websites and the idea of joining a coding bootcamp had been bouncing around in my head for a year. Now that I'm in a program, I can't believe I waited so long to do this. It's exactly what I've been looking for.

The material is interesting and challenging. Every day I learn something new that is beneficial to my growth as a web developer and as a professional. LearningFuze has a very warm and open learning environment and attitude; and they do an excellent job of accommodating their students and their different learning speeds.

I highly recommend studying here.

• Mihir Shah • Graduate

LearningFuze exudes passion and exemplary leadership.  It is undoubtedly a rigorous web development program that requires resolve and an investment of time that can easily exceed 65-70 hours weekly.  As a rule of thumb, the program suggests twelve hours during the weekdays and approximately four to five hours on weekends.  What is perhaps the distinguishing factor and sets LearningFuze apart from its peers is the dedication and seemingly 24/7 access to resources.  Simply put, the teacher dedication is second to none.  While the class time is 10-6, teachers, particularly Dan, often open up the facility by 8:30 and keep it open until 8:30pm, two and a half hours after the class is scheduled to end.  The program recognizes that students learn in their own unique ways.  As a result, they not only have two senior developers as teachers, Dan and Eric, but also two juinor developers, Travis and Scott.  Needless to say, there will be a teacher that fits your learning style.

In my personal LearningFuze journey, I discovered the art of breaking complex topics into smaller pieces and then putting it together again via a project.  In most cases, the distribution of information was fairly systematic: slides and video presentations would be followed by a prototype which would test a specific topic from the slides.  The topic would culminate with a project, either individual or group (day long hackathons).

For prospective bootcamp candidates, coming in and absorbing the worklike setup  will go a long way in making a decision.  From soft skills via mock interviews to constant collaboration with teachers and classmates, LearningFuze was the ideal, structured environment for me to sift through the multitude of questions and bugs, among other things that I inevitably ran into.

With that said, however, you get from the program what you put in.  Just like the web development industry, the LearningFuze experience is one of nonstop learning and introspection.  If you let yourself get comfortable, you will find youself falling behind quickly.

Even after the program is complete, LearningFuze teachers will continuously keep the communication lines open.  From creating a post-grad plan of action that will ultimately end in employment to assisting you one on one in the facility,the teacher dedication is top flight.

• Adia • Graduate

I recently finished LearningFuze 12 week full immersion program. I came into the program with basic understanding of HTML CSS and JS. I am a mother and a military spouse, so committing to this bootcamp was a big sacrifice for me and my family. I had my brother check it out for me during their intro class. He met Dan the lead instructor there and called me and said I should go! I was banking on Dan and it was a win! The first 9 weeks He explained and taught so well that I truly gained a clear understanding and it gave me confidence in solving other programming problems that came along. Dan is willing to wake up early, sit with you late, and give you all the tools needed for you to conquer the code! Having support like that was invaluable for me. Ask questions and he will be there to answer them or guide you to find the answers!

After the 9 weeks our cohort was given the choice to continue with Front-end or Back-end. I picked Front and we were taught AngularJS by the other lead instructor Eric. Eric knows his stuff!! His explanations are so clear, but you have to ASK questions. Eric makes you think, he makes you search for answers, and when you are stuck he gives you just enough to find your way out. Tough love! But good because when you get it, it stays with you!  Getting the opportunity to learn Angular was so awesome and I thank LF for that, it was truly an Agile experience because we were the first cohort given this choice.

Over all this was a great experience, I am glad I went to the bootcamp! I feel like I have a solid understanding of some concepts and the confidence to tackle new ones. Best of all I gained friends in my cohort! People just as excited to learn and grow as developers as myself. The atmosphere is very welcoming and the endless coffee and snacks were much appreciated.

What I liked the most: Having dedicated, talented instructors with over a decade of programming experience, Getting help with my resume and mock interviews, Getting a solid foundation in the basics of programming, Building Projects, Hackathons, Learning Github, Learning AngularJS, my cohort-mates!!

Advice to future cohort: Take time to polish projects, do the practice problems and algorithm problems daily, Ask questions and have fun coding!

• My best decision!
    - 12/2/2015
    Michal • Student

After finding myself bored with my job, I made a list of my hobbies and passions, and kept coming back to creativity and problem solving. A family friend suggested that I look into bootcamps, and thus began my search.

I spent weeks researching different programs and reading reviews. As someone who has a tendancy to jump into new things, I was determined to not make a costly mistake.

From reading reviews about other programs, I felt that many of them were more focused on the competive edge and the ending salary rather than the growth of the person as a developer and finding a passion. LearningFuze is the perfect program for one who is looking to match their talents to a career.

While there is a range of skill sets in my cohort, I strongly believe that no student feels neither left behind nor held back. There is a strong team that personalizes the education to each students' abilities and lifestyle situations. As a bootcamp is an extremely time intensive program, it is important that students feel comfortable with their classmates, teachers, and administrators. LearningFuze not only makes the students feel comfortable, they go above and beyond. There are often supplementary activities (whether it is a potential employer speaking or an opportunity to bond as a class) and there is always somebody available to help.

I think the fact that alumni often stop by and come to activities of the current cohort says a lot about the quality of the program.

I'm incredibly happy with my decision to attend Learning Fuze and would not hestitate to recommend the program to anybody who is willing to put in the time commitment.

• Trevor L. • Web Developer

LearningFuze was the best decision I could have made for myself and my career. If you’re anything like me, you are reading this review to research and discover the pros and cons of coding boot camps. Let my results be proof that with the right boot camp, you can be very successful. Hi, my name is Trevor. I graduated with the 5th cohort of the LearningFuze boot camp and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

It was a little over a year ago a small web project fell into my lap. I caught the bug and increasingly became fascinated by coding and was yearning to learn more. I started on the usual modern routes like Codecademy.com and Treehouse, etc. However, as much as I was learning, there was a level of depth that I just could not reach. It occurred to me that I needed a teacher, a mentor, someone to guide me through learning to code. At this point I started researching coding boot camps. I came across a lot of controversial information. Some sites said they were a scam and some said they could be credible. So I looked into a few different ones local to me. None though, came remotely close to LearningFuze. Let me explain.

Just as much as you choose a boot camp, the boot camp also chooses you. That’s right, I had an interview. Why is this important? Well, the first point is that they didn’t just accept me because they wanted my money. There are a lot of boot camps where you can just sign up, pay the fee and you’re in. LearningFuze chooses to meet you, learn a little bit about you and your ambitions. Not only is this critical for them, but it is critical for you. If they just took people’s money and said “come on in!” , there is a good possibility you could end up in a class with people who might be there for the wrong reasons and may not work well with other people. I know I certainly want to be in class full of students who are just as passionate and driven about coding as I am. LearningFuze does a great job of making sure this is the case. That in itself is invaluable. My interview was with Bill and Fabian. Two of the nicest and most sincere gentlemen you will meet. During the interview, I really got to know them well and they gave an in depth background of themselves and their ambitions and how LearningFuze came to be. They genuinely have a passion for people and furthering education. In addition, they are invested not only in your learning, but in you. Your success is their success.

After my interview, I was accepted to attend Cohort 5. I can’t tell you how excited I was. I was going to be spending 12 weeks, full-time doing something I loved and the best part was I was going to be surrounded by others just like myself. So, how about those details…let’s get to the nitty gritty.

The boot camp official hours are from 10am to 6pm. However, the staff, which I will get to, is always willing to stay way earlier and way later. Allow me to make something very clear and obvious, you will get out of this school what you put into it. I spent 12 hours a day at LearningFuze, from 8:30am to 8:30pm, Monday through Friday and I spent about 10 hours each day on the weekend at home learning and coding. Their doors remained open the entire time I was there. If you are willing to commit the time to your education, so are they. So, let’s get to Dan. Dan is the Lead Instructor & Engineer at LearningFuze. Let me start by saying this; his commitment to you is unmatched. He has a real passion for coding and with over 30 years in the industry, he has the knowledge to back it up. Sure, there are a lot of people out there with many years of experience, but what makes Dan special? I’ll tell you. Dan can TEACH coding. He has the skill, passion, personality and patience to teach coding. Upon your very first hours of dealing with Dan, you will know you stepped into the right learning environment. In addition to the staff, there is Eric, Scott, Travis and Jordan. Eric is the Senior Technical Lead & Instructor at LearningFuze. He is just as passionate about coding as anyone in there and it shows. One of the great qualities about Eric is that he won’t hesitate to question you on everything you are doing. It may seem odd or unhelpful at first, but the beauty of it is in his ability to help guide you through solving problems for yourself. When it comes to coding, that kind of thinking is critical (See what I did there? “Critical Thinking”) and he helps you achieve it. Scott and Travis were both LearningFuze graduates and then became Teaching Assistants. Yes, that’s right, LearningFuze graduates are educated enough to be able to guide and help others in learning to code. The education you receive at LearningFuze is of the highest value. Scott and Travis were extremely helpful with all aspects of our learning from answering simple questions to helping us resolve more complex problems. Jordan does the UI/UX Development and Marketing for LearningFuze. She also is a LearningFuze graduate and joined them at the end of my cohort, but even for the few weeks we had left, she was eager to help and guide us along the way.

The curriculum itself is extremely comprehensive and well put together. There is a solid methodology behind how and when they teach what they do. Each subject and language is approached from a programming perspective. One of the key factors in their teaching methods is that the learning isn’t just entirely focused on the language itself, but it revolves around LEARNING HOW TO PROGRAM. It is imperative to understand programming and how to solve problems and that is exactly what you learn at LearningFuze. Here is the greatest value of all;  during your time at LearningFuze they give you the tools and knowledge to be able to leave their school and still be able to learn, problem solve and grow as a developer. In addition, there are countless other benefits that you get. You will have several mock white board interviews teaching you the in’s and out’s. They work with you to build a solid resume. Almost every week they have someone from the industry come in and give a speech or presentation. These aren’t just random bottom shelf coders either; they are lead developers from well established companies like Blizzard, Fusion of Ideas, Bitovi, etc. During the end of the cohort they also prepare you immensely for what is to come regarding preparations of your portfolio and getting ready for the job search. The list goes on.

So, where is the proof that it was all worth it? Simple, this should help. After about 2 weeks applying for jobs, I got an interview. I was hired the same day. The preparation and knowledge I got from LearningFuze was invaluable and led me exactly where I wanted to be as a developer. In addition, there doors are always open to alumni students. I stop by and visit frequently and they have a great alumni connection.

As I stated in the beginning, LearningFuze was the best decision I ever made for myself and my career. If you are serious about coding and want to better yourself and your future, I highly recommend researching the LearningFuze website and take the leap and enroll. It will change your life.

• Amazing experience!
    - 10/27/2015
    Nicole F. • Student

Enrolling into LearningFuze would have to be one of the best decisions I have made in my career. With having no coding experience besides what I had learned from Code Academy, I have learned so much (HTML, CSS, Javascript, Jquery) with this only being the start of my sixth week out of 12. What sets apart LearningFuze from other bootcamps are definitely the teachers. Dan and Eric do a great job on breaking down topics in a relatable way for students to understand. They also are very dedicated to ensure that we learn as much as we can as they come early, stay late, and are willing to answer any questions you may have (even on the weekends). The structure of the bootcamp is to learn a topic(s), apply that topic(s) to a prototype/problem, and finally build a project with that knowledge. Each prototype and project builds from the previous topics which makes it easier to grasp. From the school environment to fellow students, I get excited to come to LearningFuze each and every day. Definitely choose LearningFuze as your bootcamp of choice if you want to become a developer!