learningfuze-logo

LearningFuze

Irvine, Online, Online, Orange County, Orange County

LearningFuze

LearningFuze offers a full immersion, 12-week web development bootcamp through live, virtual classrooms and in Irvine and Orange County, California. Students learn full-stack front and back end development including HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript/jQuery, PHP, MySQL, React, Git/GitHub, Node.JS, Bootstrap, and Firebase. Students are taught by live instructors and get support throughout the course, including problem-solving skills, essential workplace and interviewing skills, and programmer mindset training. The program doesn't require a degree or professional programming experience but does require that students have the right qualities as well as a dedication to learning and making a full-time commitment. Discounts, payment plans, and student loans which can also be used for living expenses are available. The full immersion program includes a 2-week prep class and a 12-week in-person course. After graduation, students will continue to be plugged into LearningFuze through the alumni network and the included job-search assistance. LearningFuze also offers a part-time intro course on nights and weekends.

Recent LearningFuze Reviews: Rating 4.99

all (181) reviews for LearningFuze →

Recent LearningFuze News

Read all (38) articles about LearningFuze →
  • Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp

Start Date August 17, 2020
    LocationOnline, Orange County
    The 12 week full immersion program is currently being offered in our live virtual classroom and teaches those technologies most in need in the marketplace with a heavy focus on JavaScript and the LAMP stack to become full stack web developers at the conclusion. Our full immersion program is taught in a live classroom format by an experienced team of full-time instructors, staff & career services department. The curriculum has been honed to provide the technical skills to compete for a job in the marketplace and so that graduates can learn any chosen technology. In addition, the program focuses on the soft skills related to web development so that students not only have a polished portfolio of projects but the presentation and interview skills to effectively compete in the marketplace. In summary, students learn by doing with the support of instructors that have been successful commercial developers for many years.
    Deposit$250 Seat Reservation
    Lending partner available: SkillsFund and
    ISA (Income Share Agreement).
    Contact us for more information
    Tuition PlansPlease check our website for discounts. We also offer financing through Skills Fund and an ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Refund / GuaranteeProrated within the first week of the program
    Scholarship$12,305 average tuition after scholarships, discounts & credits are applied. Visit https://learningfuze.com/faq#/discounts for a complete list and contact us with any questions.
    Minimum Skill LevelIt is important for students to have taken the initiative to learn on their own with specific recommendations outlined on the LearningFuze application pagehttp://learningfuze.com/full-immersion-application-guide/
    Prep WorkStudents that have reserved their seat take the Root Level 1 class for free as well as the Root JS class which is strongly recommended.
    August 17, 2020 - Orange County
  • Part Time Web Development Program

LocationOrange County
    Live instruction with the option to participate in-person or remotely. A curriculum designed to make students development and employment ready based on the full immersion program. The Part-Time Comprehensive program is tailored to students who are looking for a part time alternative to the full immersion program, and is designed to deliver the same content and intensity of the full immersion program, but with the flexibility to take the program over time, in steps or “modules” based on their schedule. Additionally, students looking for skills and knowledge in a particular technical area but not necessarily all 5 modules can simply choose to take an individual module of their choice rather than each module sequentially. Students can also choose to specific modules or "Tracks" related to Front End Development (Modules 1,2 and 3), Back End Development (1,2 and 4) or Full Stack (1,2,3 and 4). The 5th module is optional for those students looking for career services. Simply apply and ensure you are ready to get the most out of the instruction. Of course, whether taking an individual module or two or working through all of the modules, the program is all about the practical skills of development by building numerous full scale projects in a work like environment led by seasoned instructors!
    DepositNone
    We offer financing through our lending partners SkillsFund
    Refund / Guarantee$500 discount for Module 1
    ScholarshipPlease check our website for scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelNo prior experience necessary
    Prep WorkRecommendations on each module
  • Prep Course

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, Front End
    LocationOrange County
    The Prep Course is a 2-week remote/in-class web development training program built for beginners that want to learn how to code and are considering a path to becoming professional developers. The course is designed to prepare students for the full immersion or part time programs.
    DepositNone required
    Skills Fund, ISA ( Income Share Agreement)
    Minimum Skill LevelSome understanding of HTML and CSS and ability to effectively navigate a computer
  • Remote Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp

Start Date August 17, 2020
    Live, Remote Instruction led by Professional Engineers Engaging Virtual Community with Speakers, Job Fair, and Student Events Same Full-Immersion Curriculum for those that want to Learn Remotely Seasoned Senior Instructors Largest Employer Network Comprehensive Career Services Extensive Instructional Team Low Student-to-Teacher Ratio Curriculum Focused on most In-Demand Technologies Curriculum Developed in Collaboration with Employers
    Tuition Planshttps://learningfuze.com/faq#/financial-options
  • UI/UX Design Course

HTML, Digital Marketing, Design, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    Start Date August 8, 2020
    LocationOrange County, Irvine
    Flexible, Modular Approach - This modular or part time program is tailored for students looking for professional skills in design. It is constructed for those that are currently working or have personal obligations that a part time program accommodates. Class Structure and Learning - Each module is comprised of an in-depth 12 week curriculum built by industry professionals that allows students to gain the skills in both User Experience and User Interface to enter the industry professionally. Class sessions take place 3 days a week where students will gain a strong, practical understanding of how to create intuitive designs based on user wants utilizing powerful designs tools such as Adobe XD, Figma and Invision. Projects and Portfolio - Students will learn through a deliberate, practiced approach by working through relevant exercises and creating real world projects led by seasoned industry professionals. Students will learn what it takes to design professionally whether pursuing a career in design or adding serious value to current skills.
    DepositNone
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginner/Novice
    Prep WorkProvided upon registratrion
    August 8, 2020 - Orange County

• Anthony B

I have had an exceptionaly fun time at this academy, they put you in the environment of being in the workplace and give you the opportunity to learn first hand what it would be like.  We had the mentor of a senior level programmer which gave us some deep level understanding of the industry and what we would need to know to succeed in the field.  The projects we were tasked with completeting were fun and tough at the same time, each time learning a new concept to bring us deeper into the understanding of programming.  You learn to work in a team atmosphere and have projects and hackathons that resolve around this concept, which is a great learning experience because you will have to learn how not just you program but how others around you do.

• Billy  User Photo
    Billy • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I recently graduated from LearningFuze's full immersion program (June 2019) and absolutely, 100% recommend making LearningFuze the place where you begin your journey into development.

I had been working in non-profit for the past 9 years with no prior experience of coding and wanted to be sure that I'd be at a place that would help build a strong foundation. I did a lot of research through many review sites and saw so many alumni of LearningFuze consistently write about how passionate the instructors are and how they foster a positive (yet, challenging) environment for growth. I went to an evening info session to get a feel for the culture and made my decision to sign up when I saw just how much the staff really cares for each individual student.

The instruction is fast-paced and challenging because there's a lot of content to go through, but the instructors always put a premium on understanding the content rather than just dumping information. I found it incredibly helpful that every time we received new content during lecture, that there was always a prototype/exercise that we would immediately work on to be sure that we understood what we learned. Plus, we had two, 48-hour hackathons where we would have to complete different projects that simulated a team-environment with an AGILE process and real-time Git/GitHub that really helped put into practice everything we had been learning.

During the second half of the program, we dove deeper into server-side topics so that we could complete a 3-week, full stack final project. I can't say it enough, but the emphasis on project-based learning pushed me from just knowledge to practical understanding and execution of the myriad of concepts we learned.

I love how LearningFuze fosters an environment for growth with driven and motivated peers and many of us would regularly stay after hours to cement our learning together and instructors would be present to help us. On top of that, the staff are constantly up-to-date to be sure you're getting the most relevant content and tech that will prepare you best for the job search.

I'm thankful for the staff at LearningFuze because undertake an honest and transparent process where they strive to be sure each student has great competency and character that makes a great web developer, great.

• Tony Jin  User Photo
    Tony Jin • Student Verified via GitHub

I am currently in my 7th of 12 weeks in the full immersion program at Learningfuze. This was my 4th or 5th bootcamp that I had checked out and applied to, and ultimately the decision was down to Hack Reactor or LearningFuze. I think the experience that made me ultimately decide to come here was during my first visit to the campus; this bootcamp felt different compared to the mega bootcamps like App Academy and Hack Reactor. While the latter are not wrong in their methodology or approach, LearningFuze just had this atmosphere that the instructors were there because of their passion for teaching code and not to "ladder up" or to have a comfy job. It didn't take long for me to decide after my initial meeting with the instructors, TJ (who is in charge of making sure students get jobs), and Bill (who runs the entire operation side).

After passing the halfway mark in my curriculum, I can confidently say I have no regrets in my decision. The instructors are available at basically any time that you need them, they are very knowledgeable in the industry's current practices, and will answer any questions that you may have during the learning process. The overall culture is possibly my favorite aspect of the camp - while the instructors encourage their students to work hard, they make an effort to make all the lectures interesting and interactive. Best decision of my life!

• Jessica Yang  User Photo
    Jessica Yang • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I recently graduated from the Full Immersion program, and I would 100% recommend LearningFuze to any prospective students.  Over a year ago, I started considering my career pivot from digital marketing into web development, and LearningFuze was one of the schools that stood out to me while researching online.  I read a bunch of reviews, started to teach myself with free tutorials, and finally attended an info session in January.  I got to see for myself how honest, genuine, and dedicated the LFZ staff are towards visitors, students, and alumni alike!  I felt no pressure to choose them, but they are wholly there for you in your decision making process and beyond.  I joined the two prep classes to get a feel for their teaching style and to gauge my own readiness for the full immersion program, and I dove in shortly after that!

The following 12 weeks brought a tidal wave of new material, constant challenge, and personal growth.  Going into the program, I knew I wanted an efficient/fast-paced learning environment, mentorship, and like-minded peers, and that's what I got from day 1.  Every week ramps up in intensity, building on the knowledge and practice from the previous week.  In lectures, we were encouraged to engage with the instructor and discover our blind spots as quickly as possible.  In solo projects, we applied that week's core concepts while given opportunities to stretch our toolset a bit more each time.  We also had two exhilarating 48-hour hackathons for practicing real-world skills around Git/GitHub workflows, working in a team, and planning/tracking project tasks.  And in the final 3 weeks of the program, we were split into teams to build full stack applications--with one instructor assigned to each one as project manager.  The job hunt is also emphasized throughout the program with lectures on networking, proper use of LinkedIn, and resume prep, as well as practice whiteboards and mock interviews.  Every step of the way, you are surrounded by classmates to struggle (and celebrate!) with and can laugh together about the growing pains we all experience as beginners.

All that being said, it's really true that you get what you put in.  I can see why people say that a strong foundation is critical, because it is on that foundation that we will continue to hone our skills and pick up new technologies more quickly.  Review core concepts regularly, don't neglect the practice problems, and ask questions often!  Programming really takes persistence and a willingness to be frustrated over and over again, but those happy moments when you finally understand a concept or successfully debug your code are so worth it!

If you are still on the fence, I'd recommend visiting the campus for an info session and voicing any concerns with the staff and current students/alumni.  I guarantee that at the very least, you'll come away with more clarity, and maybe like me, you'll discover that LFZ is exactly where you want to begin your programming journey.

• Pivotal
    - 5/29/2019
    Andrew Mirshafiee  User Photo
    Andrew Mirshafiee • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Theres a lot of things I can say about this program. Coming almost straight from attaining my Marketing degree from Cal State Fullerton, I had high expectations for what a bootcamp was suppossed to provide. I knew that the material was suppossed to thorough and the time and effort could be rigorous, but everyone at the LearningFuze facility made the process as smooth and seamless as humanly possible. Any time I had a question about anything, from the bare bone basics of coding (HTML, CSS and primitive JS for lack of a better description) or to more complecated topics of algorithms and recursive async await functions, there was always someone to help break down the ideas into bite size pieces. The best part about the program is how they stay with you through the job search to help guide you through the application/interview process. They helped me learn from my mistakes and refine how I could present myself in the best way possible. Definitely one of the best decisions I've made for my career.

• Steffany N.  User Photo
    Steffany N. • Assistant UI Team Lead • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attended LearningFuze starting at the end of April in 2018. It was the most exhausting, but the most rewarding and fulfilling 12 weeks of my life, and has completely transformed the direction of my professional life, and by that factor, everything else as well. I came into LearningFuze with no real coding background, but from a strong understanding of web as a whole(I was previously a Project Manager at a web agency). I'd been super interested in transitioning to coding for a while, and decided to find out more.

I went in to attend one of their info sessions and was really impressed by their honesty about what it takes to succeed in the program, and that it's all about how much it matters to you. A lot of places like to try and sell their programs as "No matter what, we will get you a job with lots of money!" But that is just simply not true, and the LearningFuze team is very upfront about the fact that you get out what you put in. I appreciated that to no end. I was also a big fan of the environment. The students were all really friendly when I stopped to ask them how they liked the program, the instructors were happy to answer any questions I had, and it was pretty clear a lot of people there shared a lot of my more geeky interests, so that made me feel really comfortable. I was really impressed and decided to pursue the 12 week full stack bootcamp option.

Even though for most of the 12 weeks you feel like you are drowning in information, the entire staff is focused on helping you juggle that and making sure you are able to process through everything that you are learning, be it through additional tutoring sessions, or answering questions that you know they have been asked a million times, without ever making you feel bad about asking them for help.

Despite a lot of previous not so great experiences in tech as a female, I was very happily surprised that the atmosphere was one where I felt very comfortable. I didn't feel like I was being treated with less respect, and I didn't feel like anyone thought I was less capable because I was female. The instructors cared about each student's success, not about gender or race, which was a very refreshing change. It allowed me to focus on learning, instead of having to watch every little thing I did so people wouldn't judge me for being female.

After graduation, they were incredibly helpful with career placement. They helped me with building out a solid portfolio and gave great advice about resume adjustments, how to network, and how to handle interviewing for jobs with my new skills. They were also fantastic about helping promote alumni as well, which ended up being how I found my current position.

I've been with that company for 6 months now, have gotten the oppotunity to work with a lot of great new technologies and great clients, and I just got promoted to an Assistant Lead position. My experience at LearningFuze is what made all of this possible. Because of the dedication and focus from the entire staff to help me maximize what I was capable of, I was able to learn a huge number of new skills in a very accelarated time and build a solid base for understanding how to continue learning quickly. All of those things combined with my previous work experience have made it possible for me to have a great career trajectory so far, and it's given me something to pursue as a career that I actually love.

If you're really serious about pursuing a web development career, I would strongly recommend LearningFuze. So many places just want your money. LearningFuze wants your success and that is their absolute focus.

• Christopher Gustavsson  User Photo
    Christopher Gustavsson • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Where do I even begin to describe how amazing LearningFuze and it's staff is.

I dilligently researched all the bootcamps in OC, including online ones and I can with 100% confidence say that LearningFuze is the best bootcamp you'll ever attend.

At this bootcamp you will learn relevant technologies that are currently used in the job market. Something I did not learn at a traditional college where you're forced to learn things that are either outdated or in the end have no application in the real world job market. The technologies covered include: HTML, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, React.Js, Redux, Bootstrap, PHP, Node.Js, MySQL, AWS, Git/Github, and more.

All the instructors are superb. They love it when you ask them questions and are more than happy to explain how things work. The best part is that they explain programming concepts in such a way that helps you both understand and retain that information.

Another one of LearningFuze's strongpoints is the importance they put on using Git right away. Personally working with the command line and Git was a pretty intimidating at first but after a couple of weeks it became second nature. LearningFuze simulates a real job environment in order to get you prepared to work together with other people. The curriculum involves 2 hackathons and a final project where you get to work with other enthused and passionate programmers to create amazing projects that you can put on your portfolio.

Closer to the end of the program you will be going through mock interviews, get help building your resume, portfolio, and linkedin profile in order to maximize your chances of getting a job as soon as possible. LearningFuze has a wide and vast network that will always be accessible, even after completing the program.

To anyone looking to attend a bootcamp, the culture here is extremely friendy and fun. They have a very open walk-in policy for those that want to check the place out. They have the most knowledgeable and passionate teachers that truly care about your development as a developer. You will learn more in 3 months than you ever imagined possible.

I truly feel attending LearningFuze has been the best decision I've made. If you're serious about attending a bootcamp and having a career as a developer, there is no better place. This is where you want to go.

• Michelle Poole  User Photo
    Michelle Poole • Student Verified via GitHub

I have nothing but good things to say about LearningFuze.

I chose them over other web development programs because of their emphasis on recreating as close to an actual development environment as possible.

From day one they had us working with git and github, and a lot of the program is structured around coding in groups, including two 48 hour hackathons. Anyone can learn to code on their own, but having actual experience working with other developers and reporting to senior level developers is priceless.

That said, their instructors and lectures are top notch. You can tell that they've got it down to a science, and it's clear that everyone here wants each and every student to succeed. I can't tell you how much easier their knowledge and expertise has made it to wade through the huge amount of info out there.

All of that would be great on it's own, but to top it off LearningFuze is dedicated to make sure that their students are also ready for the interview process. They offer a ton of practice whiteboards and practice interviews, as well as an extensive portfolio review process.

If you want to be a programmer, I can think of no better way to kickstart your career than LearningFuze. I would go through the program again in a heartbeat.

• Jason Yata  User Photo
    Jason Yata • Student Verified via GitHub

I did an extensive amount of research into coding boot camps before ultimately going all in on LearningFuze. It wasn't that the other boot camps I visited were bad, it was that LearningFuze was just that good. I can't recommend their full-immersion program enough. The culture they've built with their insanely knowledgeable instructors really makes the 12-14 hour days enjoyable. Dan, the lead instructor, is able to break everything down to a very learnable level and makes sure everyone has full understanding of difficult concepts before proceeding. But be warned, the program is extremely rigorous and will push you to your limits. If you're on the fence, I highly recommend taking their two introductory root courses to get a feel for development.

If you're serious about starting a career in development, I always recommend doing your own research but LearningFuze's reputation as the best boot camp in California is real and they deserve to be at the top of your list.

• Paul Lujan  User Photo
    Paul Lujan • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I looked at a number of coding bootcamps in the area and chose LearningFuze because of the open and friendly environment. My decision was based on 1) I knew that I would put more time and effort into coding in an environment that I felt comfortable in and 2) After the program I would need my coding school's help to find a job and their mentorship thereafter. LearningFuze was a great fit for both of these reasons.

Not only does the school have long hours - 9AM-ish to late - they are also open Monday-Saturday. As expected, I spent most of the daytime soaking up new information and the nights and weekends working on projects. The classrooms are comfortable. They have desks large monitors and couch space. I looked forward to going to LearningFuze and did not mind spending long hours there.

LearningFuze has an alumni room where students can work on their portfolios and apply to jobs. After the course I was there everyday. The staff does a great job of prepping you for interviews and connecting you with potential employers. I got my first internship through a LearningFuze connection and am now onto my second job where I will be building out the front end for a fintech startup. I still keep in touch with the LearningFuze staff and alumni network.

• Hannel Gwak  User Photo
    Hannel Gwak • Graduate Verified via GitHub

One of the things that drew me to LearningFuze over other bootcamps was their emphasis on a simulated work environment. The other bootcamps I was looking into didn't really mention anything about collaboration but we had 2 hackathons where we worked in groups and a capstone project where we applied everything we learned to a project idea that one of the students came up with. The instructors acted as the project manager, guiding us throughout the process granting us the experience of what it would be like working at a company.

I took a couple of classes 10 years ago and LearningFuze went through all of that material in about a week. It's definitely an accelerated program but show that you are willing to put in the effort and you'll be able to get very far in the class.

• Stella H.  User Photo
    Stella H. • Student Verified via GitHub

This has been one of the best decisions I have made. After decided that I want to get into programming field, I had look up so many different bootcamps and finally decided to come here because of the amazing reviews and ratings they got. I am glad that I made this decision and now understand why they have got such high ratings. They definitely deserve it! It has been less than 3 months since I started this course, but I can now code programs that I can never have imagined before by using JavaScript, HTML, CSS, React, Redux, php, Node.js and MySQL. The curriculum is well put together, and we got many chances to practice our skills by doing solo and group projects.

The most amazing thing to me is all the instructors here are very knowledgeable and are always there to help. Everyone tries to create a friendly and fun learning environment. LFZ staff not only help us to learn and grow, they also help us to prepare for the job hunting process which is crucial to me because I don't have much prior working experience.  We were taught about resume building, interview skills, whiteboard and portfolio building. This class really worth every penny I spent. I will recommend it to anyone who is interested in getting into programming.

• Sasha Dykun  User Photo
    Sasha Dykun • Graduate Verified via GitHub

If someone told me 1 year ago that I would be a Web Developer I would laugh very loudly.

But the life turned that way that I stepped my foot at the door of LearningFuze.

It was one of the best choices in my life done so far.

I have literally dived into learning and exploring the new world for me. And I had great people around me - my classmates and my teachers.

Dan, our principal teacher, seemed very strict and demanding, but then I understood that if you want to reach some goal you need somebody who can push you in the right direction.

I am grateful that I could get advise, recommendation and as well criticism to continue my work and become better and broaden my knowledge.

Dan, Cody, Tim, Scott, Andy and Brett were the guys who showed me with their example that I can reach my goal and become a Web Developer. Yes, it was hard, sometimes it seemed impossible , sometimes it was scary but it ALWAYS was interesting and inspiring.

They always were there for us, they were a team and at the same time each of them stood out with individual scope of distinctive characteristics. If you got stuck, just ask them - answer or the way to answer will be right there coming from those guys. I believe it's one more thing that makes this school great - diversity of characters and minds that complement one another and people who really help you on your journey.

I'm grateful to Bill, who helped me to get great first impression about the school and to TJ who is LearningFuze Career Department adviser, for his honest desire to help alumni to get their dream job and to give a tip on how to do it in the best manner.

When you get more knowledge and power to create code and then make your thoughts live on the screen you understand it's magic and you can do it.

Thank you LearningFuze for this time I've spent with you!

I would recommend this school to everyone who wants to reach their goal and become Web Developer and everyone who is not afraid of getting a lot of great pieces of knowledge in such a short period of time but with a high efficiency and good people around.